PDA

View Full Version : This years All Star rosters

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Curious to see who everyone has so far as a All Star this year. I'll post mine with what I think so far.

Western Starters- Paul, Harden, Durant, Love, Howard
Western Bench- Westbrook, Curry, Dirk, Aldridge, Griffen

Eastern Starters- Wall, Wade, George, Lebron, Hibbert
Eastern Bench- MCW, Afflalo, Melo, Horford, Drummond

kdspurman
12-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Curious to see who everyone has so far as a All Star this year. I'll post mine with what I think so far.

I would think Kobe will probably be voted in to start for the West.

ChickenSouvlaki
12-09-2013, 04:25 PM
I think Lawson should be there on the Western bench.

vitamins_
12-09-2013, 04:27 PM
i wonder if lillard would make the all star team. he been killing it all year.

be paul, harden durant love howard....... but the bench be hard to pick I have to say lillard over curry..

but who else? david lee, curry, lillard, aldridge, dirk, lawson? westbrook, how about duncan?

spreadeagle
12-09-2013, 04:32 PM
My man Derozan should at least get a small chance of making the bench in the east

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Cp3 Kobe Durant griffin(love and Aldridge won't get enough votes) Howard
Wall wade George(melo might get more votes) lebron hibbert

Minimal
12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Wall, Wade, George, Lebron, Hibbert

That is one hardcore starting lineup, dunks all over the place. Would be great to see Wall make all star game.

2-ONE-5
12-09-2013, 04:40 PM
i think you are pretty spot on which means it wont happen lol. Id just change a few.

West Starters: Paul, Harden, KD, LMA, Howard. Blazers need a starter in this game and LMA is just as deserving as Love.

West Reserves: Love, Westbrook, Curry, Griffin, Dirk, Lillard, Ryan Anderson (missed a lot of time early but hes is on a AS worthy tear right now)

East Starters: Teague, James, PG, Melo, Drummond

East Reserves: MCW, Wall, Horford, Big Al, Deng, Vuc, Wade.

DreamShaker
12-09-2013, 04:54 PM
West-

Paul/Lillard/Curry
Harden/Parker/Westbrook
Durant
Love/Blake/LA/Dirk
Howard

East-

Wall/Irving
Wade/AA
Lebron/Deng
George/Melo/Hortford
Hibbert/Drummond/Lopez

Melo/Lebron/PG will start since the goofy 3 bigs thing is in effect. I think Irving turns it around and makes it. Don't see MCW making it, even if he deserves it.

DreamShaker
12-09-2013, 04:58 PM
You guys think Parker doesn't make it? Or is everyone just forgetting him?

Raps08-09 Champ
12-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Starters voted in

F-Lebron
F-Carmelo
F-George
G-Wade
G-Irving or Wall

F-Howard
F-Duncan
F-Durant
G-Kobe
G-Paul

phantasyyy
12-09-2013, 05:03 PM
i think you are pretty spot on which means it wont happen lol. Id just change a few.

West Starters: Paul, Harden, KD, LMA, Howard. Blazers need a starter in this game and LMA is just as deserving as Love.

West Reserves: Love, Westbrook, Curry, Griffin, Dirk, Lillard, Ryan Anderson (missed a lot of time early but hes is on a AS worthy tear right now)

East Starters: Teague, James, PG, Melo, Drummond

East Reserves: MCW, Wall, Horford, Big Al, Deng, Vuc, Wade.

wtf teague and vuc on the all star game>?

Goose17
12-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Just made my vote, don't normally vote this early, but whatever, I'm bored.

West; Tim Duncan, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Stephen Curry.

East; Andre Drummond, Lebron James, Paul George, Dwayne Wade, John Wall.

FraziersKnicks
12-09-2013, 05:25 PM
East

Starters
John Wall
Dwyane Wade
Paul George
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James

Reserves
Kyrie Irving
Arron Afflalo
Luol Deng
Al Horford
Andre Drummond
Roy Hibbert
Brook Lopez

West

Starters
Chris Paul
Stephen Curry
Kevin Durant
Kevin Love
LaMarcus Aldridge

Reserves
James Harden
Tony Parker
Ty Lawson
Dirk Nowitzki
Blake Griffin
Dwight Howard
DeMarcus Cousins

TylerSL
12-09-2013, 05:45 PM
I'd say

East Starters
G-John Wall
G-Dwyane Wade
F-Paul George
F-Lebron James
F-Roy Hibbert

East Bench
Carmelo Anthony
Andre Drummond
Arron Afflalo
Chris Bosh
Evan Turner
Luol Deng
Brook Lopez

West Starters
G-Chris Paul
G-Kobe Bryant
F-Kevin Durant
F-Kevin Love
F-Blake Griffin

West Bench
Dwight Howard
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry
Tony Parker
LaMarcus Aldridge
DeMarcus Cousins

West will win

2-ONE-5
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM
wtf teague and vuc on the all star game>?

yes. Seeing how the East has 2 teams over.500 their team records dont matter and they are as deserving as say a Hibbert or Wall. Will they make it? doubt it but they absolutley are deserving

nickdymez
12-09-2013, 06:01 PM
You guys do realize that Kobe wil be voted in this year right? He's the most popular basketball player in the world

West-

Paul
Kobe
Blake
Howard
harden

P&GRealist
12-09-2013, 06:07 PM
You guys do realize that Kobe wil be voted in this year right? He's the most popular basketball player in the world

West-

Paul
Kobe
Blake
Howard
harden
Only allowed to have 2 backcourt players. Harden will be coming off the bench.

It's CP3, Kobe, KD, Griffin and SuperBoy

TylerSL
12-09-2013, 06:09 PM
I do not think Duncan makes the All Star Team because of his decline in stats, nor do I believe Dirk will make it because others will just be more deserving (ala Aldridge and Cousins). I do not believe Carmelo Anthony will start, not should he. Paul George has been fantastic this season for Indiana, and Hibbert is having a career season. The Knicks are not only completely imploding, but Anthony himself is having one of his worst shooting seasons of his career, both FG% and 3 pt%.

100% chance Kobe gets voted in as starter.

Gators123
12-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Wall-Wade-George-Melo-Lebron will start for the East. I just hope Drummond gets a reserve spot.

IgglesFanInCO
12-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Ty Lawson deserves a spot

too bad he will continue to be undervalued by peripheral fans :(

TylerSL
12-09-2013, 06:24 PM

Not saying Lawson isnt "worthy" but who exactly is he gonna make it over? Harden, Curry, Westbrook, or Parker? He will be left off the team like Curry was last season, West is just too deep.

PacersForLife
12-09-2013, 06:29 PM
East:
Wall
Wade
George
Melo
LeBron
Bench:
Hibbert
Drummond
West/Bosh (depends who is first in the conference)
Deng
Irving
Green
Teague
West:
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Dwight
Bench:
Aldridge
Lillard
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Duncan
Parker

tredigs
12-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I have no clue how the voting or picks will go, I never pay attention to it, but if I could pick a West team:

PG: CP3 (Has been the best PG in the NBA)
SG: Klay Thompson (Homerism? I do believe his overall impact has been on par w/ Harden)
SF: Durant (The most obvious answer in either conference due to PG's play in the East)
PF: Love (AD is right there if he were back in time)
C: Howard (With no Marc and the rest of the best in the East this one's pretty straight forward to me)

Bench: Curry / TP / Harden / Lillard / Blake / LMA / AD

4 PG's there, but I couldn't figure out a way to leave any of them out, and wanted to get Lawson in there too. And really, Matthews has been as good as anyone on Portland. AS lists are tough. Probably leaving out a couple, though Westbrook is intentional. Love the guy, but he hasn't been top 5 in the West out of the gate.

archdevil84
12-09-2013, 06:50 PM
lamarcus aldridge deserves to start on the west team but he wont get that many votes

j-bay
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Could Beal also be in the ASG? He is just as responsible as Wall for the Wizards turn around.

tredigs
12-09-2013, 07:14 PM
lamarcus aldridge deserves to start on the west team but he wont get that many votes

I disagree. I don't think he has the impact of Love or AD when healthy. Or noticeably more than Griffin or even Lee. That Portland team has exceeded themselves to start the year and people like to make him the face, but the truth is that his defense is still weak (for a big that's an issue) and his scoring + rebounding is good, not elite. Having Robin Lopez in there has hidden his deficiencies on D a bit, but it's still a weak defensive team. And 23 a game is nice, but not on a 51.9 TS.

NoahH
12-09-2013, 07:41 PM
Well we all know starters are popular vote so it'll be

West:
G Chris Paul
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Durant
F Blake Griffin
F Dwight Howard

East:
G John Wall
G Dwyane Wade
F LeBron James
F Carmelo Anthony
F Paul George

Gagan136
12-09-2013, 07:45 PM
As long as Curry makes it ill be happy

alexander_37
12-09-2013, 08:36 PM
Kobe now = T-mac :laugh:

2-ONE-5
12-09-2013, 08:40 PM
cant believe so many people are picking Wall over Teague. They have pretty equal numbers and no one is giving Teague any love at all. To be a homer MCW has been better the best PG in the East but he wont get the nod even though he is just as deserving.

NYSpirit1
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Hibbert?! Hibbert will not make the All-Star game. Guys averaging like 11 points and 8 rebounds.

Especially not as a starter. It's front court votes which will obviously go to LeBron, Melo and Paul George. Maybe even Chris Bosh over Paul George because George isn't that popular yet.

NYSpirit1
12-09-2013, 08:47 PM
East:
Wall
Wade
George
Melo
LeBron
Bench:
Hibbert
Drummond
West/Bosh (depends who is first in the conference)
Deng
Irving
Green
Teague
West:
CP3
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Dwight
Bench:
Aldridge
Lillard
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Duncan
Parker

These are horrible All-Stars predictions. Paul George is the only All-Star worthy player on the Pacers. West and Hibbert are playing like role players and are averaging 11 points.

Jeff Teague and Jeff Green?! Huh?? What is the East now the All-Role Player team?

vitamins_
12-09-2013, 08:47 PM
i wish they did the all star game like they did hockey all star games.... 24 guys 2 captains and let them pick. I feel like that would bring a spark back to all star weekend. imagine durant and lebron, or george and kobe.

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 08:58 PM
They need to take fan voting out of it all together. It's so unfair to players who deserve it and have to take a back seat to a popularity contest.

naps
12-09-2013, 09:10 PM
I don't think Hibbert or Drummond are going to get voted in, even if they deserve it since they don't have any centers in this years ballot. So it's pretty much LeBron, George, and Melo along with Wall and Wade at the guard spots. Melo steals it from Hibbert/Drummond being the more popular player and being a Knick.

Slug3
12-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry, bit if things stay the way they are now for the Nets and Knicks, not a single person should get voted in for those teams.

Slug3
12-09-2013, 09:14 PM
They need to take fan voting out of it all together. It's so unfair to players who deserve it and have to take a back seat to a popularity contest.

Or let it count for only like 25% of the vote.

PacersForLife
12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
These are horrible All-Stars predictions. Paul George is the only All-Star worthy player on the Pacers. West and Hibbert are playing like role players and are averaging 11 points.

Jeff Teague and Jeff Green?! Huh?? What is the East now the All-Role Player team?

Have you looked at the standings lately? The Celtics and Hawks are in 4th and 3rd place. If that remains then I'm guessing a player from each squad will make it.

Also it's not all about ppg. If a team is first in the conference they probably deserve more than one All-Star don't you think? Hibbert is arguably Defensive player of the year this far. How many big men deserve it over him? David West probably won't make it, but he is probably our second best offensive player and has a lot of respect around the league. If we're still in first I don't think it would be that outlandish for him to make it.

Slug3
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Have you looked at the standings lately? The Celtics and Hawks are in 4th and 3rd place. If that remains then I'm guessing a player from each squad will make it.

Also it's not all about ppg. If a team is first in the conference they probably deserve more than one All-Star don't you think? Hibbert is arguably Defensive player of the year this far. How many big men deserve it over him? David West probably won't make it, but he is probably our second best offensive player and has a lot of respect around the league. If we're still in first I don't think it would be that outlandish for him to make it.

I can fully get on Hibbert getting voted in as he has been solid and not too any big men have. West I'm not so sure, numbers don't really stand out but he is on the first place team at this moment and most of the east looks pretty bad at the moment as well.

PacersForLife
12-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I can fully get on Hibbert getting voted in as he has been solid and not too any big men have. West I'm not so sure, numbers don't really stand out but he is on the first place team at this moment and most of the east looks pretty bad at the moment as well.

Yes, am I remembering right that the Bulls had 3 players make the team when they were the first seed?

NYSpirit1
12-09-2013, 10:03 PM

No, I don't think just because a team is in 1st they deserve 2 All-Stars. The Cavs had one All-Star for years and that was LeBron. Did Mo Williams, a career role player, deserve to make the All-Star team that year? No. And they won 66 games.

I'm not saying Hibbert isn't good. He's DPOY. But just because your DPOY doesn't mean you make the All-Star team. Look at Tyson Chandler two years ago. You have to have the stats to back it up. Chandler was averaging something like 13 and 11 when he finally got in.

ALOT can change when they pick the reserves in early February. That's like two months off. If you still think the Hawks and Celtics will be in 3rd-4th by then you're crazy. I expect the Nets, Knicks and Bulls all to make runs. The Cavs also have talent on their squad as well.

PacersForLife
12-09-2013, 10:09 PM
No, I don't think just because a team is in 1st they deserve 2 All-Stars. The Cavs had one All-Star for years and that was LeBron. Did Mo Williams, a career role player, deserve to make the All-Star team that year? No. And they won 66 games.

I'm not saying Hibbert isn't good. He's DPOY. But just because your DPOY doesn't mean you make the All-Star team. Look at Tyson Chandler two years ago. You have to have the stats to back it up. Chandler was averaging something like 13 and 11 when he finally got in.

ALOT can change when they pick the reserves in early February. That's like two months off. If you still think the Hawks and Celtics will be in 3rd-4th by then you're crazy. I expect the Nets, Knicks and Bulls all to make runs. The Cavs also have talent on their squad as well.

I do kind of doubt that the standings will remain the same, but who knows. I'm basically just making my picks off of the standings currently. A lot could change by February obviously. The East is a big mess. I don't think anyone could tell you what teams will be the 3-8 seeds by then.

True Sports Fan
12-09-2013, 10:36 PM
Cousins should get in, but will be snubbed only because he plays for Sac.

tredigs
12-10-2013, 02:17 AM

You judge talent like the last ignorant kid on the block who probably still thinks Rudy Gay is an AS Caliber player and Melo is perennial top 10. MOAR POINTZ!

tredigs
12-10-2013, 02:22 AM

Yes, because he's on Sac is part of it. Also because he publicly hates on his teammates in games, he sucks on D, is inefficient on O, and the team is 5 points worse with him on the floor rather than off. Cousins sucks.

dalton749
12-10-2013, 02:35 AM
derozan

c.c.
12-10-2013, 02:56 AM

I was thinking the same thing bro

GunFactor187
12-10-2013, 03:07 AM

So true...

---

But anyways, just hope at least one of the Piston players make the team.

TylerSL
12-10-2013, 04:53 AM
So true...

---

But anyways, just hope at least one of the Piston players make the team.

the coaches select the bench and you can bet Drummond will get picked if he continues this play.

jerellh528
12-10-2013, 05:30 AM
Can't wait to see Kobe and Dwight's reactions and how they play together.

Chrisclover
12-10-2013, 05:43 AM
what do you mean by peripheral fans? Do you mean the nuggets fan? if so, why? He is the no doubt the best player of his team

Chrisclover
12-10-2013, 05:56 AM
It is all about business, man. The NBA wants the fans all around the world to actively participate in the vote.so the %can be decreased,but certainly in no way will it be as low as 25%

Or let it count for only like 25% of the vote.

sammyvine
12-10-2013, 07:37 AM
melo shouldn't be an all star either

his team is one of the worst in the nba and he isn't playing well

cvietti23
12-10-2013, 07:53 AM

Yes, because he's on Sac is part of it. Also because he publicly hates on his teammates in games, he sucks on D, is inefficient on O, and the team is 5 points worse with him on the floor rather than off. Cousins sucks.

Please shut up. Cousins is a damn good leader. Dude has grown up, shooting 49% on the year, averaging 23 and 11, 2 blocks, 3 steals, 3 assists, and is the best center in the league lol...not sac biased, true statement. Name one center dominating as much as big cuz..Howard shows spurts, not consistently, Marc Gasol is a stud but still not nearly as talented as cousins, hibbert is not much of a scorer, but a great defender aand brook lopez is a horrible rebounder. DMC deserves not only to make the team, but should start.
Start reading more bout every team before making such a dumb statement and your opinion will change drastically...

John Walls Era
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Please shut up. Cousins is a damn good leader. Dude has grown up, shooting 49% on the year, averaging 23 and 11, 2 blocks, 3 steals, 3 assists, and is the best center in the league lol...not sac biased, true statement. Name one center dominating as much as big cuz..Howard shows spurts, not consistently, Marc Gasol is a stud but still not nearly as talented as cousins, hibbert is not much of a scorer, but a great defender aand brook lopez is a horrible rebounder. DMC deserves not only to make the team, but should start.
Start reading more bout every team before making such a dumb statement and your opinion will change drastically...

Other than that. Seems about right. I don't think you can call a guy with maturity issues a damn good leader.

NYKnickFanatic
12-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I guess people forget that the fans vote for starters.

tredigs
12-10-2013, 10:06 AM

The guy who I just watched role his eyes at his teammates a couple games ago and tell them to **** off is a "damn good" leader? "Damn good" at leading them to the bottom of the conference year after year, maybe.

23 ppg on a 51.9 TS is not good (I know, I know... "it's all from missing layups and getting his own rebound"). A 2.7 to 3.4 Assist:TO ratio is not good. Opponents shooting 56.8% against him in the paint is not good. 5 personal fouls per-36 is not good. His WinsProduced of 0.88 is not good. His on/off via 82games of -5.4 on / -0.8 off is not good. His attitude is not good. Demarcus has his positive traits (good rebounder and more than capable scorer if he's up to it), but overall, he is not good. The fact that you think DMC is the best center in the game is beyond ridiculous, and the above reasons only scratch the surface. But I'm talking to a guy who thinks the most notoriously childish player in the NBA is a great leader, so I don't know what I'm bothering for.

Sactown
12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
The guy who I just watched role his eyes at his teammates a couple games ago and tell them to **** off is a "damn good" leader? "Damn good" at leading them to the bottom of the conference year after year, maybe.

23 ppg on a 51.9 TS is not good (I know, I know... "it's all from missing layups and getting his own rebound"). A 2.7 to 3.4 Assist:TO ratio is not good. Opponents shooting 56.8% against him in the paint is not good. 5 personal fouls per-36 is not good. His WinsProduced of 0.88 is not good. His on/off via 82games of -5.4 on / -0.8 off is not good. His attitude is not good. Demarcus has his positive traits (good rebounder and more than capable scorer if he's up to it), but overall, he is not good. The fact that you think DMC is the best center in the game is beyond ridiculous, and the above reasons only scratch the surface. But I'm talking to a guy who thinks the most notoriously childish player in the NBA is a great leader, so I don't know what I'm bothering for.
When DMC and Isaiah Thomas are on the court, the Kings out score the opposition by 13.6 points per 100 possessions, all teammates saysp he's the undisputed leader, he constantly is cheering from the sidelines. His TS isn't horrible and neither is his EFG% he's second in the league at grabbing defensive rebounds when on the court at 30% only behind Kevin Love.. But he is definitely in the convo of best center..

And while you constantly bash him for his efficiency, he has a better FG% than Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, while being the only center with over 300 FGA
He leads all centers in scoring by a margin of over 5 points per game above 2nd place...

You're just a hater

Ebbs
12-10-2013, 02:58 PM
This is who I think deserves it not who will win the voting get elected in.

East:
Hibbert
LeBron
George
Afflalo
Wall

Reserves:
Wade
Lopez
Melo
Kyrie
Horford
Deng
Carter-Williams

On the cusp: D.West, Drummond, J.Teague, E.turner

West
Cousins
Love
Durant
Harden
Paul

Reserves
Dirk
Griffin
Dwight
Curry
Ellis
Parker
Aldridge

On the cusp:
Lawson, Lillard, Martin, Duncan, Conley,

warfelg
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Honestly as a Sixer fan I'm somewhat shocked to see MCW and ET mentioned so many times as a reserve.

And how funny is it, that if ET makes it we might be in position to trade away 3 All Stars in 3 years.

chi-townlove1
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Wall, Jimmy buckets, George, Lebron, Hibbert

That is one hardcore starting lineup, dunks all over the place. Would be great to see Wall make all star game.

Fixed.

DerekRE_3
12-10-2013, 03:32 PM
If you want entertainment (and the most adorable big man in the world), you will send Boogie to the all star game.

ThaDubs
12-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Fixed.

Butler does not belong in the ASG, lmao

Johann
12-10-2013, 03:42 PM
Bosh should definitely be on the all star team.

jstone0716
12-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Starters are a complete sham. I wish they would just grow some balls and let the Coach pick the teams. Max 2 players per team or something. Anywho.. if I could have it my way:

East:

G: Wall
G: Wade
F: George
F: Lebron
C: Drummond

West:

G: Paul
G: Curry
F: KD
F: Love
F: Cousins

Too lazy to list the entire reserves list. I think Monta Ellis, Klay Thompson, Afflalo, MCW & Dirk will all be on the cusp but deserve to get the nod.

futureman
12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Why are people so obsessed over the All-Star game? the actual game itself is terrible to watch because nobody plays any defense it's really no different than the Harlem Globetrotters. When there is something to play for like in Baseball, I will give a darn about the All-Star game.

JusDBasics
12-10-2013, 04:17 PM
Because the starters are voted in by the fans, it will looks like this:

EAST
Wall/Irving
Wade
George
Melo
Lebron

WEST
Paul
Kobe
KD
Griffin
Howard

chi-townlove1
12-10-2013, 04:26 PM
Fixed.

Butler does not belong in the ASG, lmao

Lol I know man. Just playin

warfelg
12-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Can we get to the point in all sports where the GM's, Coaches, and Players vote for the roster of an ASG and fan's have like a 1 week window to vote starters?

I bet the composition of every team would be vastly different.

chi-townlove1
12-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Honestly this year, Kobe, harden, wade, Westbrook, and maybe even Dwight wouldn't make it if they allowed players and coaches to vote. They know better than the idiotic fans who just vote for their favorite players.

P&GRealist
12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Honestly this year, Kobe, harden, wade, Westbrook, and maybe even Dwight wouldn't make it if they allowed players and coaches to vote. They know better than the idiotic fans who just vote for their favorite players.

Only, Kobe brings in ratings for the ASG, and will continue to do so even at his age, league veteran statement and off of a achilles injury. And probably the only guy who really competes in the game from tip-off to the final buzzer rather than the other guys who just jack up 3's to fill up the stat sheets and throw lobs from 90 feet. He actually brings a little bit of respectability with the entertainment to the all-star game and tries to defend the opposing team's best player and makes them look silly. You go back to his first one in 98 at MSG against MJ, and you'll notice that he always has been doing it with competitiveness + entertainment. Everyone else is just entertainment.

chi-townlove1
12-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I agree. But once again it's about stats this season. My opinion is that if guys like Ellis, Steph, Drummond, Deng, love, L.A., lillard, etc made it, they would ACTUALLY TRY AND COMPETE. they're not the superstars that really could care less about the game, and only care about their popularity and stats. It's becoming all to common in the NBA that all the "superstars" are like that and it really gets to me.

tredigs
12-10-2013, 06:39 PM
When DMC and Isaiah Thomas are on the court, the Kings out score the opposition by 13.6 points per 100 possessions, all teammates saysp he's the undisputed leader, he constantly is cheering from the sidelines. His TS isn't horrible and neither is his EFG% he's second in the league at grabbing defensive rebounds when on the court at 30% only behind Kevin Love.. But he is definitely in the convo of best center..

And while you constantly bash him for his efficiency, he has a better FG% than Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol, while being the only center with over 300 FGA
He leads all centers in scoring by a margin of over 5 points per game above 2nd place...

You're just a hater

Sweet, so his +/- is good when you affectionately couple him in with the guy who has been your teams best player? This is reaching a sad breaking point of cognitive dissonance with you die hard Cousins hoppers. Hibbert and Marc are elite low post defenders who have excellent intangibles and help lead winning teams. Cousins is a terrible low post defender who has to terrible intangibles and in year 4 will now fail again to lead the Kings to 30 wins. But keep on keeping on with him.

For what it's worth, I do think he still has a bright future in this league if he were in a different situations where he was the teams 3rd best player and had real leaders to keep him in check.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Demar Derozan.

Theyhateme459
12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
I am usually not a homer with these things.... But with the east guards weaker this year no one is giving Kemba any love to be an reserve?

I really feel for the east he is playing at a level to get serious consideration.

*Silver&Black*
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I am usually not a homer with these things.... But with the east guards weaker this year no one is giving Kemba any love to be an reserve?

I really feel for the east he is playing at a level to get serious consideration.

Jeff Teague should get in before him.

MTar786
12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
kobe will start guaranteed

MonroeFAN
12-11-2013, 08:16 PM

No one is giving Brandon Jennings any love and he's averaging 17 & 8 & 1.5 steals on 40% shooting (certainly not great, but for him it could be worse).

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:22 PM
No one is giving Brandon Jennings any love and he's averaging 17 & 8 & 1.5 steals on 40% shooting (certainly not great, but for him it could be worse).

40% is very very very bad.

MonroeFAN
12-11-2013, 08:24 PM
why are you talking as if I don't watch basketball.

It's higher than Kemba Walkers, and that's why I said it. And btw, when he shoots 35% from 3 and has improved through out the season it's not very very bad. It's not a pissing match with the Walker comparison, it was in context. Your comment is not, and isn't needed.

Btw hater, Teague is currently shooting 40% too. His name has been mentioned several times here and his numbers are comparable if not worse than Jenning's. This place is such a joke sometimes.

Paul Jeffrey
12-11-2013, 08:42 PM

It's higher than Kemba Walkers, and that's why I said it. And btw, when he shoots 35% from 3 and has improved through out the season it's not very very bad. It's not a pissing match with the Walker comparison, it was in context. Your comment is not, and isn't needed.

Btw hater, Teague is currently shooting 40% too. His name has been mentioned several times here and his numbers are comparable if not worse than Jenning's. This place is such a joke sometimes.

Were you abused as a kid? No seriously I'm really asking because you took that the wrong way.

Sure I didn't understand the context of your comment and that's my fault, but you seem to take that as a personal attack.

Talking to you as if you don't watch basketball? A hater? Brandon Jennings is one of my favorite players buddy.

Kemba Walker doesn't deserve to be mentioned on the AS team either. For point guards in the East, I'd say it should be John Wall because even though he's shooting a very bad percentage from the field as well, he's still playing the best out of the PGs in the East.

Now if Deron Williams is actually 100% healthy I have no doubt he will make another AS game appearance.

MonroeFAN
12-12-2013, 06:00 AM
No i wasnt abused as a kid, there are punks all over this web site running their mouth, clearly I was wrong about you being one of them. I wouldnt elect Walker either, just mentioning his name because of the post I was quoting.

Clearly I over reacted, my bad. it appears my beloved pistons are back to losing to crappy teams, finding it increasingly difficult to defend them.

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 06:01 AM
No i wasnt abused as a kid, there are punks all over this web site running their mouth, clearly I was wrong about you being one of them. I wouldnt elect Walker either, just mentioning his name because of the post I was quoting.

Clearly I over reacted, my bad.

It's all good, I suppose asking if you were abused was a bit much myself LOL.

Storch
12-12-2013, 06:02 AM
Regardless of how crappy Kobe is and how he JUST came back. He's going to be a starter in the all-star game. He has too many fans.

MonroeFAN
12-12-2013, 06:02 AM
naw I understood

2-ONE-5
12-12-2013, 10:23 AM

we get it you like Jennings. Every chance you get you bring it up. But he is not AS worthy over Wall, Teague, MCW, Irving anyway and your team already ahs 2 other players who have a case.

THE MTL
12-12-2013, 11:43 AM

First, there is NO center category anymore so Hibbert wont just make the Allstar game.
Second, you are discounting popularity

Eastern will have Carmelo Anthony.
Western will have Kobe Bryant with a very high chance of Blake Griffin starting over Love.

THE MTL
12-12-2013, 11:47 AM

Difference between Teague and Jennings is that Teague shoots 13.5 times per game while Jennings shoots 17 times per game, while Jennings only averages 1 more ppg. Also Teague shoots 6.0 free throws per game compared to Jennings 4 attempts per game.

RipCity32
12-12-2013, 11:58 AM
First, there is NO center category anymore so Hibbert wont just make the Allstar game.
Second, you are discounting popularity

Eastern will have Carmelo Anthony.
Western will have Kobe Bryant with a very high chance of Blake Griffin starting over Love.

It was more of who my All Stars are so far. I understand guys like Kobe will get in over more deserving players.

rhino17
12-12-2013, 02:34 PM
Starters are a complete sham. I wish they would just grow some balls and let the Coach pick the teams. Max 2 players per team or something. Anywho.. if I could have it my way:

Why? Its a game for the fans and no one else. Let them choose. Let them pick who they want

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Why? Its a game for the fans and no one else. Let them choose. Let them pick who they want

It IS a game for the fans, but that's not how people treat it.

If it were just a game for the fans, being a 20 time all star would truly mean nothing.

--23--
12-12-2013, 05:00 PM
With fans voting I think the starting lineups will be something like this.

Western
Paul
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Howard

Eastern
Irving
Wade
George
Lebron
Hibbert*

Personally I would replace Griffin for Love or Aldridge, Kobe for Harden. For the East I would replace Irving and Wade for Wall and Afflalo. I somewhat don't think Hibbert will make the starting lineup, due because the NBA removed the center position. So the East could definitely have 3 SF's playing in the frontcourt.

Heatcheck
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
It IS a game for the fans, but that's not how people treat it.

If it were just a game for the fans, being a 20 time all star would truly mean nothing.

It truly DOES mean nothing

Paul Jeffrey
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
It truly DOES mean nothing

That's not true. A player's perception, even paycheck could very well be affected by it.

I'd like to think every GM and FO knows to look past personal accolades that the fans vote on, but if there are two players with similar stats and one has 15 AS games, and the other has 0, I think the one with 15 is gonna get a much fatter contract.

Heatcheck
12-12-2013, 06:38 PM
That's not true. A player's perception, even paycheck could very well be affected by it.

I'd like to think every GM and FO knows to look past personal accolades that the fans vote on, but if there are two players with similar stats and one has 15 AS games, and the other has 0, I think the one with 15 is gonna get a much fatter contract.

couple things. the logic sound reasonable, but....A)your comparison is a bit lopsided, I assume they've both been in the league roughly the same amount of time. if I you get 15 alone, it means youve been pretty damn good for a pretty long time. B)if its to my ZERO, chances are, im not very good at all to begin with.C) getting a contract at all after 15 years, means your one of the better players of your generation. D) also remember that this is an entertainment business first and foremost and 15 all star appearances (I assume voted for by the fans) means your popular, probably an exciting player ala VC or shaq and draw a lot of people, making you somewhat worth it depending on the contract. E) any GM who looks at all star appearances as part of the criteria in signing a player (if its to make a winning squad), is a clown and wont be a GM much longer.

lakeshow22
12-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Y is rose still on the ballot?