J4KOP99
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Sac-town can't be that stupid.

Matter.
12-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Near agreement per Woj

soundjunkies2
Raptors and Kings are near agreement on a deal centered on Rudy Gay, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

dalton749

yes they can. hopefully enough to give up their pick
will christmas come early?

leprechaun5
I missed Woj

king4day
For mclemore and change maybe?

soundjunkies2
12-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I wonder who besides Gay is involved.

soundjunkies2
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM

Thorton and Jimmer pop into my head but who knows.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Unless Toronto is sending several 1st round picks, any deal for Gay is a bad one.

P&GRealist
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
rockets should try to make a 3 way trade and involve Asik in there. Asik to Raps, Gay to Kings, mclemore and Vasquez to rockets

soundjunkies2
12-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Without knowing the details Toronto has already won this trade.

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
I'd trade bad contracts for Gay and nothing more. Treat Gay like an expiring.

We revere the hell out of Masai, but I'm gonna wait to hear the names before I crown him. I can't imagine a world where they'd give up a guy like McLemore for him. Unless they're so worried about the short term that they're willing to harm the future. Which they can't be.

Gators123
Yeah because Cousins and Gay are going to work out great together :pity:

dalton749
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
this with sac 1st rounder would be awesome

astonmartin10
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
1st round pick please

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Without knowing the details Toronto has already won this trade.

See, I'm not so sure. It's not like Gay is signed to a bad contract any more. He basically is just a huge expiring. Sure, there's a chance he opts in, but I doubt it. And if you're that worried you just sit him on the bench most of the time and make him want to get out of there.

jon32
12-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Salmons likely in the deal

bholly
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m
Rudy Gay is headed to the Kings, league sources tell Yahoo Sports. He has been pulled out of the Raptors lineup for tonight.

It's happening.

SugeKnight
I doubt the raptors get anything good back. If I were a kings fan and they trade mclemore I would give up

jon32
done deal !!!! Rudy pulled from the lineup

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Hayes, Vasquez and Patterson

Not terrible for Sacto, so long as they don't re-sign him.

leprechaun5
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 58s
Still finalizing info who goes back to Raptors, but 3 players significantly discussed included Hayes, Vasquez and Patterson, sources say.

asandhu23
Its official now!

dalton749
12-08-2013, 08:16 PM
i just came

to say rudy sucks

gatkins11
Sacramento will send John Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson and Hayes to the Raptors, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

jon32
Doug Smith: Raptors ‏@SmithRaps 43s
Can confirm Raps-Kings in advanced trade talks. NBA source says Gay-Gray packag for Vasquez/Patterson/Hayes/Salmons package possible#

Sadds The Gr8
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7sz0rELBx1qejx9ko3_400.gif

jon32
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 37s
Sacramento will send John Salmons, Vasquez, Patterson and Hayes to the Raptors, sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Gators123
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah no way in hell they were getting 1st rounders or McLemore

astonmartin10
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Vasquez can't catch a break. He's been traded 4 times I think already in his career

North Yorker
12-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Salmons is only guaranteed $1M next year, so basically an expiring.

Gators123
Lowry trade coming next, right?

ManRam
Weird trade. Makes more sense for Toronto, obviously...but depending on what Sacto does with Gay it might not be awful for them. It's not a coup for Toronto though. A good one, for sure though. Rudy is trash.

I don't know. I gotta let this settle in.

I'm also not a huge Vasquez fan, so there's that. He's a backup PG IMO.

BirdIsTheWord
12-08-2013, 08:20 PM
I miss Masai :(

BirdIsTheWord
12-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
Along with Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray will be traded to the Kings too, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Hulk6
12-08-2013, 08:22 PM
please tell me we got the raptors pick

dalton749
noooooo
cancel the deal you cant have acy

dalton749
please tell me we got the raptors pick

**** no

Deception
12-08-2013, 08:24 PM
And to think the Raptors traded Ed Davis for this guy

DR_1
12-08-2013, 08:26 PM

Oh yes they can :laugh2:

beasted86
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine
this with sac 1st rounder would be awesome

Still amazes me that years upon years later people still don't know how to post trade machine links. :facepalm:

Anyway I don't know why people are saying its a bad deal. The only contracts Sacramento has big enough to make a deal involve Thornton, Salmons, and maybe Chuck Hayes... and all 3 of those guys have 2 years left. Salmons is only partially guaranteed, but it still doesn't matter.

I would give up any two of those or even all 3 in a heart beat. Not even thinking twice.

MrfadeawayJB
Kings will be a train wreck with gay and cousins on the same team

RipCity32
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Now the Raptors might win tonight.

FraziersKnicks
12-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I think this is more to get Isaiah into the starting lineup... Vazquez was blocking him.

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SG: Ben McLemore
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Derrick Williams
C: DeMarcus Cousins

Will be an interesting lineup to watch. Can't see a huge amount of success coming from it though.

soundjunkies2
12-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Still amazes me that years upon years later people still don't know how to post trade machine links. :facepalm:

Anyway I don't know why people are saying its a bad deal. The only contracts Sacramento has big enough to make a deal involve Thornton, Salmons, and maybe Chuck Hayes... and all 3 of those guys have 2 years left. Salmons is only partially guaranteed, but it still doesn't matter.

I would give up any two of those or even all 3 in a heart beat. Not even thinking twice.

It's not a bad deal.. for Toronto. They created like 13 mill in cap space next summer and they don't run the risk of gay opting in for almost 20 mill.. which i think he does.

J4KOP99
12-08-2013, 08:33 PM
Toronto will be missing a bunch of people tn... Kobe may actually go for 82.

JLynn943
12-08-2013, 08:34 PM
uhhhh, what. why? I know we need a SF, but not Gay...

bholly
12-08-2013, 08:35 PM
@QuincyAcy: Damn

:(

Since deleted.

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports 8m
Raptors Aaron Gray ran this sprint. Asked me if trade went down. Said yes. Ran back to locker room pic.twitter.com/2aAsek2V8b

hahaha.

Update:

@DuranSports: Aaron Gray told he's traded & came back on court to finish workout "what am I going to do? Sit in locker room & pout?"

Aaron Gray is now the best.

dalton749
12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
masai steals kobes spotlight by trading rudy, kobe opts not to play tonight after all

SugeKnight
12-08-2013, 08:37 PM
Wait, who gets Asik?

0nekhmer
12-08-2013, 08:41 PM
hahahaha @kings. They seriously sent us Vasques, patterson, hayes, and salmons for Rudy gay?

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:42 PM
I've heard that Hayes, Salmons or Outlaw is the third piece. Whoever it is, they're all trash. For Sacto's sake, if it's Hayes or Outlaw they're better off.

Vasquez isn't the guy he looked like last year. Low-end start/nice backup. Patterson isn't anything but a bench option.

If Gay opts out, and I think he will, then Sacto basically dumped Vasquez off for a little cap relief. Not a great trade at all, but perfectly fine. If he hangs around, then his play will determine that. Because as much as I hate him and slander him daily, he's better than anyone they gave up.

Toronto wins merely because of addition via subtraction. But this isn't robbery, at all. Especially if he hypothetically would have opted out.

ACanadian
12-08-2013, 08:43 PM
I don't want frigin Chuck Hayes, Patterson is nice though. I was hoping for a young kid or a first, oh well. Patterson will do.

ACanadian
12-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Ed Davis, Calderon for Patterson, a white guy, Salmons and Chuck, not bad.

Htownballa1622
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I miss Chuck Hayes. Obviously he's nowhere near as good as he was but he's a guy I always root for.

Bruno
I've heard that Hayes, Salmons or Outlaw is the third piece. Whoever it is, they're all trash. For Sacto's sake, if it's Hayes or Outlaw they're better off.

Vasquez isn't the guy he looked like last year. Low-end start/nice backup. Patterson isn't anything but a bench option.

If Gay opts out, and I think he will, then Sacto basically dumped Vasquez off for a little cap relief. Not a great trade at all, but perfectly fine. If he hangs around, then his play will determine that. Because as much as I hate him and slander him daily, he's better than anyone they gave up.

Toronto wins merely because of addition via subtraction. But this isn't robbery, at all. Especially if he hypothetically would have opted out.
i doubt gay opts out dude no way does anyone offer him a contract starting at 19 million dollars next season. i mean its possible but i dono.

ManRam
Ed Davis, Calderon for Patterson, a white guy, Salmons and Chuck, not bad.

I mean, I'd much rather have Davis and Calderon :shrug:

Jays Claw
Any deal that gets rid of Rudy Gay is a good deal for the Raps. Thank you Masai Ujiri.

statquo
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
brick throwing... just another industry being sent west... gotta love capitalism.

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:49 PM
i doubt gay opts out dude no way does anyone offer him a contract starting at 19 million dollars next season. i mean its possible but i dono.

Of course not. But a long-term contract often is far more enticing. Matt Moore is going on a rant about it on twitter right now. It happens frequently. That's what these players are always on the quest for: long term security. And I'm SURE there will be a GM, when the other big name FAs don't sign with them, that will offer him a juicy deal. Not 19 million a year, but maybe 4 years 50+ million.

I personally would rather have that than the 19 million...risk getting injured and never seeing a big payday ever again.

But we don't know. And that's why I'm not too opinionated on this trade. Because I don't know whether to judge him as an expiring or Rudy Gay

king4day
12-08-2013, 08:50 PM
The return for Toronto isn't that bad. It's the Raps new GM fixing a mistake from the last one. Patterson and Vasquez are the 'scores' for them.
And their 'tank' for this coming draft.

Kinda like it for the Kings. They are trying to win. Probably will hurt Derrick Williams' chances at improving though.

Cal827
12-08-2013, 08:52 PM
If this is valid:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::d ance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::da nce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dan ce::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::danc e::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance ::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :dance::dance::dance::dance:

JLynn943
12-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Kings really aren't giving up much in this. Vasquez has been disappointing. I like him, he just hasn't done much offensively and can't play defense. Patterson was great for us last year but hasn't done anything this year. Neither are great players. Salmons got old fast, and Hayes was a liability on the court.

I don't think this is a terrible trade given how desperately we need a small forward and what we're giving up, but we aren't competing this year and I'd rather get a SF in the draft. Plus we'll be paying him a lot for two years probably. still not great though.

ManRam
12-08-2013, 08:56 PM
The return for Toronto isn't that bad. It's the Raps new GM fixing a mistake from the last one. Patterson and Vasquez are the 'scores' for them.
And their 'tank' for this coming draft.

Kinda like it for the Kings. They are trying to win. Probably will hurt Derrick Williams' chances at improving though.

I don't think this makes them worse in the short term. :shrug:

I'm not so certain why we keep saying teams like Toronto are blatantly tanking. They might suck, but they're not trying to suck. I think we mistake trying to be decent but not actually being decent, and "tanking" too often. They aren't the same thing. Gay was a liability in that offense. Vasquez will help. Ross and Novak can slide in and get more minutes. Without Rudy chucking maybe they'll focus on going inside to Amir and Jonas.

I think they can be better because of this...and I'm not so certain that's not the goal either.

Wade n Fade
12-08-2013, 08:57 PM
I am not a fan of this deal. I feel like the return is too little, but Gay is inefficient, but I hope coaching can tame his shot selection. Next up, Lowry is going away.

FriedTofuz
12-08-2013, 08:59 PM
lowry for the bulls first rounder makes sense. When DROse comes back during playoff time, it will be pretty good. and the value for lowry is decent, a 20 + pick? lowry has a good contrac,t and is averaging 14/7 right now

Bruno
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Of course not. But a long-term contract often is far more enticing. Matt Moore is going on a rant about it on twitter right now. It happens frequently. That's what these players are always on the quest for: long term security. And I'm SURE there will be a GM, when the other big name FAs don't sign with them, that will offer him a juicy deal. Not 19 million a year, but maybe 4 years 50+ million.

I personally would rather have that than the 19 million...risk getting injured and never seeing a big payday ever again.

But we don't know. And that's why I'm not too opinionated on this trade. Because I don't know whether to judge him as an expiring or Rudy Gay
well thats interesting too. we have a recent example in Iggy, passing on 15.9 with Denver to opt out an take a deal with Golden State which pays him 12.8 this season. iggy commanded 48 over four years. Question is, will Gay be able to command 50+ over four years. If the rest of this season with Sacramento goes poorly and he doesn't mesh or get along with Cousins, it's going to hurt those odds. what i'm saying is that if things go poorly- he might be hard pressed to command anything over $40 or $45 million- in which case maybe opting in for the 19 and giving it another year to get it together and raise his value again might be the safer move long term. opting in might still get him more money in the long term of he busts in sacramento and can't command that 50 million dollar over for years deal later on.

Byronicle
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Weird trade. Makes more sense for Toronto, obviously...but depending on what Sacto does with Gay it might not be awful for them. It's not a coup for Toronto though. A good one, for sure though. Rudy is trash.

I don't know. I gotta let this settle in.

I'm also not a huge Vasquez fan, so there's that. He's a backup PG IMO.

Sounds to me that Raptors want to compete in the playoffs this year

The Raptors were having backup PG problems so Vasquez fills that void

Raptors also wanted a PF that can stretch the floor which Patterson can do

king4day
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't think this makes them worse in the short term. :shrug:

I'm not so certain why we keep saying teams like Toronto are blatantly tanking. They might suck, but they're not trying to suck. I think we mistake trying to be decent but not actually being decent, and "tanking" too often. They aren't the same thing. Gay was a liability in that offense. Vasquez will help. Ross and Novak can slide in and get more minutes. Without Rudy chucking maybe they'll focus on going inside to Amir and Jonas.

I think they can be better because of this...and I'm not so certain that's not the goal either.

I'm not saying the purpose of this is to get a high pick. Having a guy like Gay on the team will lead to wins though every now and then.
Nobody they acquired will replace his production.
Like you said, it could lead to addition by subtraction.
When all's said and done, at the very least, they continue down the losing path they are going down and wind up with a high pick.

vitamins_
12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I think this is more to get Isaiah into the starting lineup... Vazquez was blocking him.

Will be an interesting lineup to watch. Can't see a huge amount of success coming from it though.

hahahaha everyone on that team just wants the ball and wants to shoot... 5 bucks someone ends up fighting

Cal827
12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
This deal just makes me love COUSINSEVANSDUO even More

Heediot
12-08-2013, 09:18 PM
If Gay opts out, and I think he will, then Sacto basically dumped Vasquez off for a little cap relief.

At this point Gay is not opting out, he wouldn`t get more than 10 mil per with his current production. A lot of front offices are smarter and more stats based influenced, and his stats normal or advanced are pretty dirt.

20 million is a lot to leave.

ThaDubs
12-08-2013, 09:22 PM

Why the **** would you trade BM for Rudy Gay?

sacgiants1213
12-08-2013, 09:24 PM
I think it's awesome that Ujiri and Pete D'alessandro completed a deal.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
OMG. We finally got a passer for Jonas.

Just gotta trade Lowry now.

torocan
The Raptors got rid of Rudy Gay? And got players that are actually useful in return? AND didn't give up any picks?

Masai Ujiri...

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

shep33
Masai is awesome. Excited for the Raps having him run this team

Sacramento... wtf are you doing? Rudy Gay is going to inhibit McClemore's growth. Between Gay and Cousins there are no shots left for him

M.Bibby2.0
12-08-2013, 09:28 PM
hahahaha everyone on that team just wants the ball and wants to shoot... 5 bucks someone ends up fighting

Hahaha ha they probably still wouldn't be bad enough to lose to the Celtics by 10,000.

*Superman*
12-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Sacramento... wtf are you doing? Rudy Gay is going to inhibit McClemore's growth. Between Gay and Cousins there are no shots left for him

He will show him...the ways of a chucker, young grasshopper.

True Sports Fan
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM

He will show him...the ways of a chucker, young grasshopper. This. Gay was much more affordable than Colby Brian

JLynn943
12-08-2013, 09:33 PM
The Raptors got rid of Rudy Gay? And got players that are actually useful in return? AND didn't give up any picks?

Masai Ujiri...

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

players that are useful? at best I guess. don't expect too much from any of them. Vasquez and Patterson can be useful but they're not going to be significant pieces.

allSUAVE
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Masai Ujuri is a genius

HoopsMachine
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Tank Mode Initiated!

I like the trade involved flipped Gay for 3 expirings and a decent frontcourt player in Hayes. Acquiring Vasquez means they will likely try and move Lowry's contract before the deadline for possibly a pick.

IndyRealist
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
The Toronto Raptors have reached an agreement in principle to send Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
The Kings will send Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes to the Raptors. The Kings will also acquire Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray in the deal, sources said.

The Raptors and Gay had become increasingly unhappy with each other, league sources said, and Gay's contract was an obstacle to the franchise's desire to begin the rebuilding process.

Gay is making $17.8 million this year, and holds a player option for $19.3 million for the 2014-15 season. The forward will almost assuredly exercise the option and take that salary next season.

The Kings plan to use Gay at the stretch-four position.

Ujiri is in his first full season running the Raptors. The possibility of Toronto getting into the high lottery for the star-packed 2014 NBA Draft is important, especially with the possibility of selecting Toronto-native Andrew Wiggins of Kansas. Toronto has lost five straight games, and dropped to 6-12 in the Eastern Conference.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-raptors-kings-rudy-gay-trade-000950446-nba.html

Cal827
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
players that are useful? at best I guess. don't expect too much from any of them. Vasquez and Patterson can be useful but they're not going to be significant pieces.

At this point, Vasquez and Patterson can help develop our younger players (Vasquez passing to Derozan/Ross/Valanciunas and Patterson forming a legitimate stretch 4.

Good enough... I was pretty much willing just to plain release him from the roster at this point lol

todu82
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
Decent trade here for the Raptors. Be interesting to see if this is a deal that improves the fortunes for the team.

LAKobeBryant
12-08-2013, 09:44 PM
The Raptors will receive John Salmons, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes, according to sources.

LAKobeBryant
12-08-2013, 09:45 PM
did ed davis going into waste then?

John Walls Era
12-08-2013, 09:46 PM
masai ujiri is the GOD of GMs

MrfadeawayJB
12-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Well now the raps can put Ross at starting sg with derozan at sf. Tanking but developing Ross, Val (more shots for him now ) is a double up IMO good move

John Walls Era
12-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Kings really aren't giving up much in this. Vasquez has been disappointing. I like him, he just hasn't done much offensively and can't play defense. Patterson was great for us last year but hasn't done anything this year. Neither are great players. Salmons got old fast, and Hayes was a liability on the court.

I don't think this is a terrible trade given how desperately we need a small forward and what we're giving up, but we aren't competing this year and I'd rather get a SF in the draft. Plus we'll be paying him a lot for two years probably. still not great though.

Rudy Gay sucks... Kings are giving up a lot just by taking him.

If you're into advanced metrics (any one), you would realize Gay sucks. You can't find a stat where you can claim hes a good player except maybe the FGA stat.

John Walls Era
12-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Who the hell wants Rudy Gay? Hes a tease. You would think with his tangibles, he would be an allstar. But he loves the jumper instead of using his physical ability.

Now trade Derozan and Lowry (Derozan has been ok though irrc).

FriedTofuz
12-08-2013, 09:52 PM
Lowry for a 1st round pick, Im sorry Im getting annoying, But I just want that to happen.

Jenceman
12-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I know people are saying tank mode for Toronto, but this makes them better :laugh2:

North Yorker
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I know people are saying tank mode for Toronto, but this makes them better :laugh2:

If Ross and Jonas get more touches, maybe.

But knowing Casey, Salmons and Landry Fields will be seeing a lot of playing time this year.

Jenceman
12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
If Ross and Jonas get more touches, maybe.

But knowing Casey, Salmons and Landry Fields will be seeing a lot of playing time this year.

I guess Casey is about as good as a tank coach as you're going to get

North Yorker
12-08-2013, 10:07 PM
I guess Casey is about as good as a tank coach as you're going to get

Yes, literally.

Most Interesting Subplot: Is there a better stealth tanking asset than Dwane Casey? He's coached nearly 300 games (career record: 116-171) and still can't grasp the whole "When we're down by a possession in the final 25 seconds, and we don't have the ball, we need to foul the other team" thing. (I wish Dwane Casey coached an NFL team — I'd love to see him trying to figure out timeouts and challenges.) And look, there's an art to tanking — you can't make it seem like you're throwing games. The subtle stuff goes the furthest. Like shelving one of your best players with "tendinitis" with five weeks to play. Like playing two or three subpar players about 10 minutes per game more than you should. Like trying dopey experiments that can't work along the lines of, "Hey, we think Rudy can play a little point guard for us!" Like keeping Casey around for an entire year. As we inch closer and closer toward the Tankapalooza 2014 homestretch, it's going to be the little things that count.http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10089272/page/2/bill-simmons-nba-eastern-conference

Here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8iAUYzC14

Kashmir13579
12-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Just when you think Sac is starting to move in the right direction...

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Just when you think Sac is starting to move in the right direction...The NBA.com analysts expect an additional trade to give this move more sense, make a mini-3 in Sac-Town.

zn23
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Finally an intelligent move from the Raptors. Rudy had such a negative impact offensively it was hard to win games.

KingstonHawke
12-08-2013, 10:14 PM

I don't hate that line-up.

TheNumber37
12-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Raps win in the trade. They make Lowry expendable. The get players that will help Derozan in Vasquez and Salmons (who acrually has skill).

For the Kings.. It's not THAT bad.
Yeah, Rudy Gay is not going to bring you a chip... But Mabybe playoffs..
Isiaah Thomas
Ben Maclemore
Rudy Gay
Jason Thompson
Demarcus Cousins

Derrick Williams 6th man...

The are basically trying out different pieces for Cousins and maintain tradeable assets in Gay, Maclemore and Williams

Cal827
12-08-2013, 10:18 PM
It's amazing with that huge contract that Rudy has been traded twice within a year lol

ManRam
12-08-2013, 10:20 PM

People just use "tank" way too liberally these days. It's annoying. Becoming a huge pet peeve.

This trade has nothing to do with "tanking".

ManRam
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
well thats interesting too. we have a recent example in Iggy, passing on 15.9 with Denver to opt out an take a deal with Golden State which pays him 12.8 this season. iggy commanded 48 over four years. Question is, will Gay be able to command 50+ over four years. If the rest of this season with Sacramento goes poorly and he doesn't mesh or get along with Cousins, it's going to hurt those odds. what i'm saying is that if things go poorly- he might be hard pressed to command anything over $40 or $45 million- in which case maybe opting in for the 19 and giving it another year to get it together and raise his value again might be the safer move long term. opting in might still get him more money in the long term of he busts in sacramento and can't command that 50 million dollar over for years deal later on.

I just think it's more likely than people assume. Wouldn't say it's probable...but certainly possible.

IndyRealist
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Funny that people think this is a tanking move. Rudy Gay is a horrible chucker who only hurts your team. Like Memphis before, it's addition by subtraction at the very least. This opens up playing time for more efficient, less selfish players.

Seriously, did anyone not see this coming? Masai Ujiri is an analytics oriented GM and Rudy Gay openly mocked analytics. Gay was the last noose leftover from the previous regime.

Riodagoat
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
WTF Sac-Town :facepalm:

If I were a Raptor fan, I would be jumping out of joy right now. Getting rid of Gay without trading any picks?
Masai has to be the best at managing a team, next to Riley atm.

Htownballa1622
12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
wrong thread.

Tony_Starks
12-08-2013, 10:33 PM
I like the move by Sac. Yeah yeah he's "inefficient" but pairing him with Cousins is a nice inside out threat. AND most important it opens the way for Thomas to officially take over the team, which he is more than capable of....

soundjunkies2
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Yes, literally.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10089272/page/2/bill-simmons-nba-eastern-conference

Here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq8iAUYzC14

:laugh:

Jamiecballer
12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
**** this is a great great day.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
I like the move by Sac. Yeah yeah he's "inefficient" but pairing him with Cousins is a nice inside out threat. AND most important it opens the way for Thomas to officially take over the team, which he is more than capable of....

2 guys who can't make the basket as well as they should is never a nice inside-outside threat.

Bruno
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I just think it's more likely than people assume. Wouldn't say it's probable...but certainly possible.

i agree, totally possible.

koreancabbage
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM

waaaaa LOL Gay and Cousins are gonna get all the touches. I think Thomas' assists go down.

goose14741
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Headline should be "Grevis Vasquez traded to Toronto in Seven player trade. Gay included."

BrandoCommando
12-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Wow!

KniCks4LiFe
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM

could it be possible that they want to develop Issiah wit people that finish on the fastbreak? I'll be honest this move don't make any sense for SAC. They got that for Vasquez? Knicks would have given them Shumpert, Chicago would have given something, even Miami has something better to offer.

I have to think Gay is getting dealt somewhere. How does that GM fleece owners?

sep11ie
12-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Canada just got a little less Gay today.

KniCks4LiFe
12-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Oh and you best believe Toronto got way better after this deal.

koreancabbage
12-08-2013, 11:12 PM
i'm excited for Vasquez. backing up Lowry. no more Stone, Augustin or whoever the Raps have.

This is gonna make the Raps better overall. I don't even see this as a tank move. Rudy Gay shooting under .400 and we got Vasquez.

KniCks4LiFe
12-08-2013, 11:12 PM
‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 2h
Kings plan on using Rudy Gay as a stretch power forward & see Gay & Derrick Williams as interchangeable guarding either forward, source says

why?

KniCks4LiFe
12-08-2013, 11:17 PM
a Kings fan on twitter actually said this

‏@HectorRussell 43s
I like Kings trade they get Gay and it opens up minutes for Thomas and Fredette by trading away Greivis Vasquez.

:pity:

NBA_Starter
12-08-2013, 11:22 PM
I don't know about that for the Kings.

BrandoCommando
12-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Anyone have a clue if the Kings Front Office are on drugs?

king4day
12-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Why the **** would you trade BM for Rudy Gay?

I didn't say I would, Why trade Ed Davis for him? Teams do silly things.

WARRIORS@GR
12-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Rotoworld has the right headtitle for it.

SAC:Greivis Vasquez heads to Raptors in Gay trade

KniCks4LiFe
12-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't know about that for the Kings.

tanking for Wiggins :shrug:

koreancabbage
12-08-2013, 11:56 PM
Rotoworld has the right headtitle for it.

agreed lol

rockbottom2010
12-08-2013, 11:59 PM
i'm excited for Vasquez. backing up Lowry. no more Stone, Augustin or whoever the Raps have.

This is gonna make the Raps better overall. I don't even see this as a tank move. Rudy Gay shooting under .400 and we got Vasquez.

Expect Lowry and Derozan to be on the move as well..the raptors are going to be the 2nd worst team in the league...

KingPosey
12-08-2013, 11:59 PM
This makes me so ****ing mad. I only cared about Vasquez but **** RUDY GAY?

Welcome back to kings basketball, 5 guys standing around playing one on one, extremely inefficient basketball.

What a desperate move by a rookie front office and owner, going off of
A name of a name while everyone sits back and laughs.

koreancabbage
12-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Expect Lowry and Derozan to be on the move as well..the raptors are going to be the 2nd worst team in the league...

can't wait #tankforWiggins. we will see.

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 12:01 AM
Remember our offer of Stuckey and CV got laughed at as a lowball offer :laugh2:. Raptors were acting like we needed to send them a 1st rounder or something. Now Stuckey is playing really good leading all scorers off the bench in the east and Tor had to just give him away to anyone that would take him. Could have gotten 16 mil in expirings for him.

GodsSon
12-09-2013, 12:03 AM

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 12:05 AM
anyone want to bet that Patterson and or Salmons get waived. Where do they go?

rockbottom2010
12-09-2013, 12:05 AM
can't wait #tankforWiggins. we will see.

oh ya...no question....its not only for wiggins. This is a really deep draft class...

Bang Bros89
12-09-2013, 12:09 AM

Agreed, Gay had the 7th highest overall usage in the league, while posting negative offensive win shares and slightly above average PER (15.9). This trade makes the Raptors better

pebloemer
12-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Remember our offer of Stuckey and CV got laughed at as a lowball offer :laugh2:. Raptors were acting like we needed to send them a 1st rounder or something. Now Stuckey is playing really good leading all scoters off the bench in the east and Tor just gave away Gay.

I prefer this offer to be honest. Stuckey and CV offer more salary relief, but Vasquez and Patterson can be serviceable pieces short to long term. We'll see what happens.

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 12:10 AM
If Raptors really want to tank then they need to trade Amir. Otherwise they are probably a better team now than they were.

ManRam
12-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Neither team is trying to tank via this trade. Stop using that word so recklessly!

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Neither team is trying to tank via this trade. Stop using that word so recklessly!

I guarantee the Raptors FO are thinking about Wiggins. He would be a franchise player with superstar potential that actually wants to be there probably for his career. It would be huge for them.

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 12:18 AM
If Raptors really want to tank then they need to trade Amir. Otherwise they are probably a better team now than they were.

I think that's next. It just makes no sense getting all the picks they did, a new PG that's 5x better than what they have. They still have a bad coach in Casey. I think both are trying to tank and not make it obvious. Although Toronto trading Gay makes tanking less possible. So there has to be another deal coming and I look for them to waive some of these guys. Patterson is actually good, could help a team looking for outside scoring and has 1 yr. left. Salmons, I can't see him wanting to stay in Toronto unless they throw some hoes his way.

koreancabbage
12-09-2013, 12:28 AM

they aren't tanking with this move. Amir has a great contract and a great teammate and he's not a superstar. He's a player you want if you're getting Wiggins.

it is what they do with Lowry and Demar that really determines if its a tank or not.

Trading Rudy Gay is addition by subtraction. Same thing happened to Memphis.

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 12:30 AM
I just spoke wit a Raptors fan. She told me, this past week Masai did an interview on TOR radio and he told them there is a lot redundancy on the roster that he picked up. And that quote unquote "we will not be caught in no man's land" So to me that sounds like he's tanking.

Can another Raptors fan confirm this?

koreancabbage
12-09-2013, 12:34 AM
I just spoke wit a Raptors fan. She told me, this past week Masai did an interview on TOR radio and he told them there is a lot redundancy on the roster that he picked up. And that quote unquote "we will not be caught in no man's land" So to me that sounds like he's tanking.

depends how far they can get ahead of the other Atlantic teams for a division win. if not, he will trade everyone away if that is what's required.

its either division winning playoff team or no playoffs- tank type of season from here on.

murphturph
12-09-2013, 12:35 AM

I can Vouch

Cal827
12-09-2013, 12:40 AM

That is correct

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 12:45 AM
Thank you to the Raptor fans that confirmed it.

So wow. Boston and Philly are screwed. Toronto wants to drop out and not make it obvious, so the NY teams better get it together, 1 team is conceding, and the another is too good not to tank, while Philly is trying to tank but has too much fight, and then there's Brooklyn and my Knicks, get it together.

CityofTreez
12-09-2013, 12:50 AM
We desperately needed a SF, and we got that in Rudy.

Not jumping up in joy, but happy we pulled the trigger on unloading krusty *** john salmons somewhere else.

BHF
12-09-2013, 01:01 AM
I am not sure if this trade will make the raps worse, we play better without Rudy and we desperately needed a backup point guard.

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 01:02 AM
I am not sure if this trade will make the raps worse, we play better without Rudy and we desperately needed a backup point guard.

They're tanking, they just aren't making it obvious, there has to be another move following this up before the month is over.

LeperMessiah
12-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Canada just got a little less Gay today.

Win.

BHF
12-09-2013, 01:06 AM
They're tanking, they just aren't making it obvious, there has to be another move following this up before the month is over.

By getting better? I hope we are tanking because we are not good but not bad enough to get a decent pick.

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 01:08 AM
Marc Stein sounds like Tanking for sure-

The Toronto Raptors, according to the latest chatter in circulation after Sunday's shedding of Rudy Gay, are by no means done making moves between now and the Feb. 20 trade deadline.
- See more at: http://forums.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1289163#sthash.0oBLKjQD.dpuf

The Raptors, meanwhile, have been expected to be active in the trade market since the season began, with ESPN.com reporting as far back as Nov. 1 that everyone on the roster apart from prized center Jonas Valanciunas had been made available.

New Raptors front-office boss Masai Ujiri has managed to trade away Andrea Bargnani and now Gay over the last six months to create financial flexibility going forward and -- with Toronto apparently to determined it avoids any accidental success in the Atlantic Division -- is said to be happy to surrender veteran point guard Kyle Lowry next.

The priority in Toronto is clearly finishing as high as possible in the lottery with Canadian sensation Andrew Wiggins and several other top prospects expected to be available to teams picking at the top of the June draft. Lowry is in the final year of his contact at a very affordable $6.2 million and believed to be eminently available because he's not part of Toronto's future plans. - See more at: http://forums.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1289163#sthash.0oBLKjQD.dpuf

KniCks4LiFe
12-09-2013, 01:12 AM
they are tanking and not risking being caught in the teens.

LeperMessiah
12-09-2013, 01:13 AM
with Toronto apparently to determined it avoids any accidental success in the Atlantic Division
Lol
I swear the lottery was made to stop this...

SportsFanatic10
12-09-2013, 02:29 AM
gm of the year looking to defend his crown! lol

KingPosey
12-09-2013, 02:48 AM
This makes me so ****ing mad. I only cared about Vasquez but **** RUDY GAY?

Welcome back to kings basketball, 5 guys standing around playing one on one, extremely inefficient basketball.

What a desperate move by a rookie front office and owner, going off of
A name of a name while everyone sits back and laughs.

spreadeagle
12-09-2013, 02:54 AM
Remember our offer of Stuckey and CV got laughed at as a lowball offer :laugh2:. Raptors were acting like we needed to send them a 1st rounder or something. Now Stuckey is playing really good leading all scorers off the bench in the east and Tor had to just give him away to anyone that would take him. Could have gotten 16 mil in expirings for him.
True

IversonIsKrazy
12-09-2013, 03:02 AM
Tank!!!!

Kyle N.
12-09-2013, 03:18 AM
Lol
I swear the lottery was made to stop this...

I think it still does ultimately. You can always fall lower in the lottery. The joke is on the teams who try this and they fall lower.

RipCity32
12-09-2013, 03:23 AM
I think it still does ultimately. You can always fall lower in the lottery. The joke is on the teams who try this and they fall lower.

Tell that to Dan Gilbert. He just screwed himself reaching for players with high draft picks. It really doesn't seem to work for anyone else though.

Hawkeye15
12-09-2013, 03:37 AM
great trade for the Raps. **** trade for the Kings..

CityofChaos
12-09-2013, 03:45 AM
Can someone tell the Kings new owner that it's going to take time for the Kings to turn it around?

It took the Warriors new owners YEARS of getting rid of bad contracts, missing the playoffs, being bad enough for the lottery etc. before they could sniff the playoffs. Randadive should know this since he was part of the GSW ownership group but it seems like the Kings are desperate to become a playoff team.

Gay is not that bad of a player but his contract is horrific.

On the other hand, if Sac is still a bottom feeder this season they'll most likely be in the lottery in a DEEP upcoming draft. If they draft well they might have a decent team next season.

Guppyfighter
12-09-2013, 04:00 AM
Kings paying the premium price to tank

JLynn943
12-09-2013, 04:24 AM
It'll be great if Gay doesn't pick up his option, but I can't see that happening. We can just try to make it as miserable as possible for him lol.

cvietti23
12-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Why does everyone think the Kings lost this deal so bad? I have only seen two raptors games all year, but when I watched, gay was forcing shots because nobody else could do anything. Greivis has looked good in 2 of 18 games. Patterson can't make a shot to save his life, Salmons is nothing other than a defender nowadays, and same can be said for Hayes.
Quincy Acy is a man. He is a solid role player and offers more than Salmons and Hayes. Haven't seen much of Gray but the Kings desperately needed size. Rudy Gay is a +defender, he's good in the open court (something Michael Malone loves) and he can play above the rim (also something it seems Malone likes). Sure, Gay has been inefficient and cold, but he has proven to be a go to guy. I think the Kings win this trade by a long shot.
I. Thomas
B. McLemore
D. Williams
R. Gay
D. Cousins

Landry, Fredette, Outlaw, Acy

That's a very solid 9 man rotation.
I like what Pete D'Allesandro is doing for Sacramento

bucketss
12-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Why does everyone think the Kings lost this deal so bad? I have only seen two raptors games all year, but when I watched, gay was forcing shots because nobody else could do anything. Greivis has looked good in 2 of 18 games. Patterson can't make a shot to save his life, Salmons is nothing other than a defender nowadays, and same can be said for Hayes.
Quincy Acy is a man. He is a solid role player and offers more than Salmons and Hayes. Haven't seen much of Gray but the Kings desperately needed size. Rudy Gay is a +defender, he's good in the open court (something Michael Malone loves) and he can play above the rim (also something it seems Malone likes). Sure, Gay has been inefficient and cold, but he has proven to be a go to guy. I think the Kings win this trade by a long shot.
I. Thomas
B. McLemore
D. Williams
R. Gay
D. Cousins

wow what an unbiased post:rolleyes:

Heediot
12-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Here's some math for those who think he won't pick up his option.

If he does pick up his option and sign a 3 year max MLE in 2015 he still gets nearly 40 million, compared to opting out this year a signing a 4 year deal at 8-10 mil (which may be what he'll be offered considering his numbers and efficiency). Optgng in has a lot of perks since he can use his next year to rebound from this terrible season, he might get injured but even an injured Rudy Gay may warrant a MLE deal.

2-ONE-5
12-09-2013, 10:58 AM
addition by subtraction for the Raps. They might end up winning the division now

RollingWave
12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
I have to agree to some extend that Acy is better than any of the 3 guys they traded away, so if they can get Gay to take shots within the flow of the offense instead of forcing everything up. then the Kings short term could really be improved. and there is a chance that Rudy opts out anyway. in which case Kings actually end up being the team that save more cap.

R. Johnson#3
12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I. Thomas
B. McLemore
D. Williams
R. Gay
D. Cousins

Nobody else does anything because once the ball goes to Gay, it doesn't come back.

1-800-STFU
12-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Guys leave Gay alone he just wants to shoot

shep33
12-09-2013, 01:09 PM
My goodness... Isiah, McClemore, Rudy, Williams and Boogie?

There are not enough shots to go around for that squad

THE MTL
12-09-2013, 01:26 PM
I like how people take this as a tanking move by toronto. Statistics have shown that the Raptors are a better team with him off the floor. This move actually is an upgrade for them lol

ghettosean
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
So many Kings fans are looking forward to the --> Gay Cousins combo!

They can take it from deep or penetrate inside.

Good move!

Kyle916
12-09-2013, 01:48 PM
As a Kings fan (and a rare realist among our fanbase) this is subtraction by addition.

Rudy Gay is not a plus defender. Rudy Gay is not a good shooter. Rudy Gay does not look to keep the ball moving.

It's one thing to take a flier on a 22 year old Derrick Williams and think there's a realistic shot he turns his career around, but Gay has been around quite long enough to realize what you see is what you get. I'm sure his efficiency will improve slightly here in Sacramento, but it's not going to contribute to a resurgence here.

IT is very ball dominant, Cuz is ball dominant and now Gay. This is ignoring the fact that Ben McLemore is showing that he's going to be nothing short of a stud. It's very perplexing.

The Kings have needed an established starting SF for quite some time but this isn't exactly the type of player a rebuilding team needs.

Small market teams that are in Sacramentos decision need to make calculated and money friendly moves, and this doesn't fit that mold for me personally.

Ideally we just make his stay as miserable as possible so he has no choice but to opt out (one can dream).

Hey, maybe the stars align and Rudy magically propels this team up to the next level (again, one can dream).

monty77
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
It is a pity that a player like Gay doesn't find a gap as star in the NBA. He has plenty of talent but he lacks of IQ and from his beginnings he has been a selfish basketball player. He is able to defend properly and he is able to produce his own play, but he never is in the suitable place in the suitable time.

Maybe Cousins is the fit that he need, but I doubt it frankly. He maybe needed a player such as Grevis Vazquez, a great playmaker. However he has been included in this trade and he is going to play in Canada. There are other good players such as Patterson and Salmons in the trade, so I think that this isn't a bad business for Raptors.

Rudy Gay is averaging less than 40% FG this year, even if he remains close to 20 points per game he has absorbed too many shoots in Toronto. Near of 19 shoots per game to reach less than 20 points per game isn't a very good rate at all.

However, this trade makes sense for Kings because they have plenty of PF players and they needed a good SF because this was their weak point in the roster. Salmons could play in this position but I have doubts if he is better playing as SG, and this position is reserved to McLemore.

Isaiah Thomas will have the chance to play as starter at last. He really deserves it but I don't know if he has the proper conditions to fight against the other starter PG in the league. There will be more minutes for players such as Derrick Williams and Thompson. They will be enough to fill the PF in any acceptable team in the NBA.

Jamiecballer
12-09-2013, 02:11 PM
:towel-wave:

beasted86
12-09-2013, 02:15 PM
That Kings lineup could totally work with the right coach that unfortunately the Kings do not currently have.

I'd like to see a real vet coach like Larry Brown take that team over.

Ebbs
12-09-2013, 03:12 PM

Lol that would've been such a sexual deal for the Raptors.

lionel
12-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I one hundred percent agree with you. I hate this trade. I don't understand it!

Ebbs
12-09-2013, 03:26 PM
That Kings lineup could totally work with the right coach that unfortunately the Kings do not currently have.

I'd like to see a real vet coach like Larry Brown take that team over.

Larry Brown lol

deaner
12-09-2013, 03:42 PM
My goodness... Isiah, McClemore, Rudy, Williams and Boogie?

There are not enough shots to go around for that squad

If Rudy played 1 on 5 he would still play a Phoenix styled offense in 10 or less. Just to get the ball more frequently. Boogie and Rudy are two trains in the same track headed for each other. This isn't going to be pretty.

True Sports Fan
12-09-2013, 03:44 PM
So many Kings fans are looking forward to the --> Gay Cousins combo!

They can take it from deep or penetrate inside.

Good move! How clever :rolleyes:

Wrigheyes4MVP
12-09-2013, 05:20 PM
If Gay sucks and makes our team worse, then I'm all for it.

As a Kings fan I just want a good draft pick this year.

That is really the only thing I really care about for this team right now.

WES KOAST
12-09-2013, 08:16 PM
If Rudy played 1 on 5 he would still play a Phoenix styled offense in 10 or less. Just to get the ball more frequently. Boogie and Rudy are two trains in the same track headed for each other. This isn't going to be pretty.

wow, you know that for certain? I think the guys running the kings organization know basketball a hell of lot better than you or I.

I think it's going make the kings better but what do I know.

WES KOAST
12-09-2013, 08:18 PM
If Gay sucks and makes our team worse, then I'm all for it.

As a Kings fan I just want a good draft pick this year.

That is really the only thing I really care about for this team right now.

well get ready to be disappointed because rudy gay is the scoring guard the kings have been looking for

SRT4SS
12-09-2013, 08:27 PM
well get ready to be disappointed because rudy gay is the scoring guard the kings have been looking for

is that you Rudy?

albertajaysfan
12-09-2013, 08:39 PM
wow, you know that for certain? I think the guys running the kings organization know basketball a hell of lot better than you or I.

You give a guy a hard time about giving his opinion. State that neither of you know a whole lot about basketball, especially in comparison to the Kings front office. You follow all that up by giving your opinion and then slandering yourself.

Awesome! Great work!

albertajaysfan
12-09-2013, 08:40 PM

Rudy Gay is not a guard.

phantasyyy
12-09-2013, 09:08 PM
This season, Basketball-Reference.com indicates that Gay is on track to become the first player since 1958-59 to average more than 18.5 attempts per game while shooting less than 40 percent from the field and averaging fewer than 2.3 assists. His levels of inefficiency and ball-stopping have been historic.

Chronz
12-09-2013, 09:18 PM

You give a guy a hard time about giving his opinion. State that neither of you know a whole lot about basketball, especially in comparison to the Kings front office. You follow all that up by giving your opinion and then slandering yourself.

Awesome! Great work! this

spreadeagle
12-09-2013, 09:26 PM
This season, Basketball-Reference.com indicates that Gay is on track to become the first player since 1958-59 to average more than 18.5 attempts per game while shooting less than 40 percent from the field and averaging fewer than 2.3 assists. His levels of inefficiency and ball-stopping have been historic.
lol im one of the few who didnt hate Rudy as a Raps fan on here, but thats a scary stat

Tony_Starks
12-09-2013, 09:31 PM
So.... if the Kings go on a run with their Cousins/ Mclemore/ Gay/ Thomas core and say sneak into the playoffs then what it would just be dumb luck? A miracle?

billy17
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Lots of hate for the Kings, huh?

Its a rebuilding team and the new ownership and management are clearly trying to move on from the old regime. The trade gives us a big name and provides us with flexibility. If he works out, great, if he walks, great, if he stays for the $, great, well have him off the books in '15, exactly went we plan to get competitive and may need cap flex

People are acting like we think this completes our team, the new management is just getting started

ThaDubs
12-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Kings GM on Gay: "I think he's one of the elite scorers in this league..."

:laugh:

koreancabbage
12-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Gay will make them respectable. But not without some drama on the court. I believe we're gonna see more iso plays b/c I don't think each player will expect the ball to circle around to them again.