vs

C:David Robinson
PF:Chales Barkley
SF: Kevin Durant
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Derrick Rose

ztilzer31
12-07-2013, 10:48 AM
Good matchup. I think team Kobe's back court is really good, but LBJ's team has mad defense. Hakeem would dominate Robinson, and KG would slow down Barkley. However Kobe and DRose would make for an explosive backcourt.

I'd pick LBJ and Hakeem's team in 7 games, but if Kobe and Drose heat up it would be hard.

Also it's almost impossible to pick these things only 5 men deep. You should throw 3 or 4 bench players on each team too.

WatWoudJordanDo
12-07-2013, 11:14 AM
LBJ/Hakeem got this, and dare I say I'd think easily. To much defense and too many good passers with quality spacing. I'd say they could take this in 5, and it would take something really special from Kobe to push it further as he's the only guy on his team that wins his matchup.

FraziersKnicks
12-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Team LeBron/Hakeem easily.

The unselfishness of LeBron, CP3 and KG would just be too much. Also no one is scoring on a KG/Dream front court.

This would be a sweep.

ztilzer31
12-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Are we playing with today's rules too? If we are this is a huge advantage for LBJ, and Hakeem. Both are incredible on the switch, and to add a prime KG to that is just unfair.

TBH when I first looked at it I thought of KG as of now, but if we're talking prime KG it's probably not even close.

Matter.
12-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Replace Barkley with Duncan and then what happens :O?

ghettosean
12-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I voted Lebron/Hakeem only because Lebron's main weakness is being clutch when his team really needs him... I'm not saying he's never there but sometimes he is and sometimes he's not. I look at that game 6 against the spurs and the last shot was supposed to be for Bron and he BRICKED it and he was just lucky that he had a clutch player in Ray Allen to clean up the mess and deliver him that ring on a silver platter.

CP3 is Clutch, Drexler as well but I'd trust really any of those starting 5 in a clutch situation over Bron aside from that they are crazy defensively so I'd have to give it to LBJ. I just think Garnett and Hakeem would cause too many issues for Barkley and Robinson.

ghettosean
12-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Replace Barkley with Duncan and then what happens :O?

Good point I think the teams are slightly lopsided that would be a little more of an even matchup (Just a little).

John Walls Era
12-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Charles is probably better than KG. BUT KG fits on that team. He could make spot ups and just play D. LBJs team would win easily. Hakeem owns Robinson...

mightybosstone
12-07-2013, 12:21 PM
This is totally random. Why these sets of players, and why post a thread about it? That being said, it's clearly the Hakeem squad. For starters, that team's defense is absolutely superior to the opposing team's squad in every fathomable way. Then you throw in two unbelievable offensive playmakers in Paul and Lebron and the greatest offensive post player in NBA history in Hakeem and it's no contest.

But why these players? It makes so little sense. Why Rose and Drexler? If it were me, I would take great players who either played in the same era against one another or are similarly ranked in terms of all-time achievements and then alternate back and forth while giving the opposite team the edge in each case, something like this....

Hakeem/Dirk/Durant/Kobe/Paul
vs.
Robinson/KG/Lebron/Wade/Kidd

To me, that's a better matchup. The first squad would be undeniably deadly on offense, while the second wouldn't be too far behind offensively, while having a decent edge defensively. The first would struggle a bit more on the glass with Dirk at the 4 and Durant trying to stop Lebron defensively, but they would have ridiculous floor spacing. The second has elite defenders and rebounders at essentially every position, but would have some floor spacing issues since prime Lebron is the only really reliable 3-point shooter.

ManningToTyree
12-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Hakeem's team. The defense would be sensational especially on the interior.

jericho
12-07-2013, 12:37 PM
At least try to make the teams more balanced.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Unfair matchup switch Barkley with Duncan
Or atleast DROB with like Shaq it's an unfair matchup
HAKEEMS TEAM WOULD WIN

RocketLoc80
12-07-2013, 12:54 PM
I voted Lebron/Hakeem only because Lebron's main weakness is being clutch when his team really needs him... I'm not saying he's never there but sometimes he is and sometimes he's not. I look at that game 6 against the spurs and the last shot was supposed to be for Bron and he BRICKED it and he was just lucky that he had a clutch player in Ray Allen to clean up the mess and deliver him that ring on a silver platter.

CP3 is Clutch, Drexler as well but I'd trust really any of those starting 5 in a clutch situation over Bron aside from that they are crazy defensively so I'd have to give it to LBJ. I just think Garnett and Hakeem would cause too many issues for Barkley and Robinson.

Got Damn so wow you think Lebron`s rings are about luck huh? I am curious where do you rank him all time? Or you just trolling for the fact that you don`t like Lebron?

NoahH
12-07-2013, 12:58 PM
Hakeem / LeBron and it isn't even close. 4 or 5 games max.

FraziersKnicks
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM

Do people still think this?

mngopher35
12-07-2013, 01:44 PM
I voted Lebron/Hakeem only because Lebron's main weakness is being clutch when his team really needs him... I'm not saying he's never there but sometimes he is and sometimes he's not.

Good point. Assuming we ignore a ridiculous game 6 against Boston facing elimination, a triple double in game 7 to make the finals (and go on to finals mvp), and game 7 of the finals last year. All of these are very clutch games in his prime, but that one shot easily proves your point.

I look at that game 6 against the spurs and the last shot was supposed to be for Bron and he BRICKED it and he was just lucky that he had a clutch player in Ray Allen to clean up the mess and deliver him that ring on a silver platter.

Many legends have missed a big playoff shot only to have a teammate bail them out (some have even had bad games, not just moments). This is one shot and it was after he had a great 4th quarter to even get them to that point (of course that doesn't matter to you). Also, what do you mean hand it to him on a silver platter? Lebron went 37/12/4 on .698 TS% in game 7 with a clutch late shot, Ray didn't have a single point (not to discredit him he was an extremely important and good role player).

All you had to do was come in here and pick Lebron/Hakeem and explain it's because they are the better team. Not because of any single match up, they just have the best combination of talent and fit. Come on man.

LoveMeOrHateMe
12-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Do people still think this?

See the last minute of game 7 in the finals

FlashBolt
12-07-2013, 02:04 PM
This is a joke.. Hakeem/James

Ill21
12-07-2013, 02:06 PM
LeBron/Hakeem would dominate

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah pretty much the two best players out there Lebron/Hakeem would get the dub. And everyone on Brons team is efficient and play team basketball. Then you got guys like Kobe and Rose who like to iso. If both teams played "Spurs Team Basketball" it would be a 6-4 best out of 10 kind of series. But as they are, playing how they play, it would be a 8-2. All in Favor of Brons Squad.

LA_Raiders
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
With out flopping. Kobe's team wins

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Good point. Assuming we ignore a ridiculous game 6 against Boston facing elimination, a triple double in game 7 to make the finals (and go on to finals mvp), and game 7 of the finals last year. All of these are very clutch games in his prime, but that one shot easily proves your point.

Many legends have missed a big playoff shot only to have a teammate bail them out (some have even had bad games, not just moments). This is one shot and it was after he had a great 4th quarter to even get them to that point (of course that doesn't matter to you). Also, what do you mean hand it to him on a silver platter? Lebron went 37/12/4 on .698 TS% in game 7 with a clutch late shot, Ray didn't have a single point (not to discredit him he was an extremely important and good role player).

All you had to do was come in here and pick Lebron/Hakeem and explain it's because they are the better team. Not because of any single match up, they just have the best combination of talent and fit. Come on man.

Don't forget the most clutch performance possible against detroit in the playoffs when Lebron scored the Heat's last 29 points including every single point in the 4th quarter in a back and forth game to win game 5 in the playoffs.

Kobe has never in his career done anything as clutch as that.

mightybosstone
12-07-2013, 03:47 PM
See the last minute of game 7 in the finals

Umm.... You mean the same last minute in which Lebron hit a clutch 19-footer to give the Heat a 4-point lead and then backed it up with two free throws with 23 seconds left to give them a 6-point lead? In the final minute of the game, the guy had 4 points, no missed shots and no turnovers. That's about as clutch a performances as you can possibly have.

FlashBolt
12-08-2013, 02:19 AM
How can you even say team two? You have some of the most unselfish and accomplished players.. Insanely efficient team.. Then you have Rose? Why is Rose here? Take Rose out and put Magic and we might have a challenge.