PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell Happened To Kyrie Irving?

JNA17
12-07-2013, 07:26 AM
The guy has been really bad if not horrible this year and just tonight he went shooting 0-9 with zero points.

This is supposed to Kyrie turning into a superstar year. Yet somehow, he has regressed to even worse than his rookie year so far.

I know, still early but this is very concerning never the less. What happened to him?

Badluck33
12-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Hes been bad.

I wonder if he has any personal issues going on?

PurpleLynch
12-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Dunno why. I mean,his defense was already known,but right now he's playing bad on offense too. Was he overhyped? Yes,maybe it's a pressure issue.

sammyvine
12-07-2013, 09:14 AM
overrated
never led his team to a winning record in a weak east. not a winner so far

MrfadeawayJB
12-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Maybe Bynum is rubbing off on him

John Walls Era
12-07-2013, 11:52 AM
never that good.

amak316
12-07-2013, 12:37 PM
He caught the NBA Live 2014 suck. It's contagious.

RipCity32
12-07-2013, 01:18 PM
He was always a bit overrated. He has no defense and is now becoming inefficient. Espn ranked him as the 8th best player this year didn't they? :laugh2:

JayW_1023
12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
^^^ what the above poster said. People tend to overrate players with a 'sexy' game. Same thing happened to OJ Mayo during his first three years.

Irving has the talent to turn it around though. But now he is all flash -> no substance.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-07-2013, 01:43 PM
Mike Brown happened.

P&GRealist
12-07-2013, 01:49 PM
^^ Agree with this 100%

Tblaze
12-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Sort of like Tyreke Evans? Had a huge rookie year, but didn't turn out to be a efficient or a winner..

Sadds The Gr8
12-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Mike Brown happened.

/thread

KingstonHawke
12-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Not just Mike Brown, the Cavs happened. You can't ask a 21 year old to carry a garbage team on his back. If they'd of at least made that deal for Love happen he could defer him a bit.

How they had the #1 overall pick and didn't give him any help at all is beyond incompetent. Can't wait for him to leave the Cavs asap. You put him on the Lakers with Kobe and Pau and that's a championship roster. Kyrie is that good.

AddiX
12-07-2013, 02:29 PM
I never really thought about it, but how the heck did mike brown end up back with the cavs? What kind of franchise fires a coach than brings him back?

As for kyrie, I just can't see how even brown could knock his game down this badly. Maybe he was a little overrated, but he sure as heck wasn't a bad player, the way he is now.

Greedy22
12-07-2013, 02:38 PM
I never really thought about it, but how the heck did mike brown end up back with the cavs? What kind of franchise fires a coach than brings him back?

As for kyrie, I just can't see how even brown could knock his game down this badly. Maybe he was a little overrated, but he sure as heck wasn't a bad player, the way he is now.

They fired Brown to increase their chances of re-signing Lebron. Could've sworn I read that Gilbert never wanted to fire him in the first place.

waveycrockett
12-07-2013, 02:40 PM
He has a poor attitude and is a horrible teammate. All his teammates hate him. He already has a rep as a coach killer. He has talent but the guy needs to grow up or else he is going to end up like another Stephon Marbury.

NYKnickFanatic
12-07-2013, 02:47 PM
He has a poor attitude and is a horrible teammate. All his teammates hate him. He already has a rep as a coach killer. He has talent but the guy needs to grow up or else he is going to end up like another Stephon Marbury.

Like DWill?

AddiX
12-07-2013, 02:47 PM
They fired Brown to increase their chances of re-signing Lebron. Could've sworn I read that Gilbert never wanted to fire him in the first place.

I'm not really sure that makes it any better.

I didn't know about the attitude issues.

Tony_Starks
12-07-2013, 02:59 PM
He completely screwed up my fantasy team..... that's what happened!!!!

waveycrockett
12-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Like DWill?
Like Jason Kidd as well.

waveycrockett
12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm not really sure that makes it any better.

I didn't know about the attitude issues.

Dion Waiters gave him a black eye a few weeks ago and another teammate wanted to KO him also I forget the guys name.

shep33
12-07-2013, 03:31 PM
I don't know what's wrong with Kyrie, but the Cavs are a mess from the top down. Re-hiring Brown was a stupid idea. Their draft picks over the years were terrible to say the least. Waiters, Thompson and Bennett were all reaches.

The biggest problem with their draft picks is that they're trying to fit pieces into certain positions instead of just picking the best players available.

They could have drafted a franchise big in Drummond or Jonas, or could've gotten Harrison Barnes.

Basically they've missed out on a team with the following core:

Kyrie, Oladipo, Barnes

Or

Kyrie, Oladipo, Drummond

Hell they should have picked Noel over Bennet, but they were too busy trying to make the playoffs this year and get bounced in round 1

astonmartin10
12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah something must be going on. Maybe he wants to leave..? Team is playing bad.

WITZ
12-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Dion Waiters gave him a black eye a few weeks ago and another teammate wanted to KO him also I forget the guys name.

:laugh: that black eye was from catching an elbow in the face in a game, but I do cosign the dudes attitude is poor.

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 05:59 PM

He's probably scared of guys on his own team, has been punked by and in front of his own teammates, and now, scared, depressed, uncomfortable and mentally checked out because those things happening. Jonathan Martinesque. Dude is a great player, but he is definitely in a very bad state of mind for any type of basketball success right now.

Bruno
12-07-2013, 06:00 PM
countdown to kyrie requesting a trade out of mike browns offense in...

STRIKERC
12-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Anybody still blaming Waiters for stepping up and speaking out? He was called all sorts of names but it's pretty clear he has or had a point.

PacersForLife
12-07-2013, 06:56 PM
I've always liked Kyrie and there's no doubt he can turn this around. He's still very young. I just feel like he has been a little over-hyped and maybe it has to do with the whole Uncle Drew thing.

AddiX
12-07-2013, 07:09 PM
I never remember a poor attitude from kyrie, is it from his success or what?

It always did rub me wrong the way he seemed to be almost downright disrespectful to some of the top vets in the game. I thought it was just confidence, but you could tell some vets really seemed to be annoyed with him.

Still, this kind of drop off for a player of his talent is pretty unheard of.

naps
12-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Always felt he was a little overrated. He was never that consistent and never known as a good defender in order for him to be ranked that high in some overall rankings we have seen recently. But he should be able turn this around if he stays healthy, keep his head down, works hard, and earns teammates respect.

Blitzbolt
12-07-2013, 09:07 PM
He just sucks is that simple ppl had mvp top 5 pg threads about him last year but i knew he was fools gold just like Klove.

JNA17
12-07-2013, 09:19 PM
He just sucks is that simple ppl had mvp top 5 pg threads about him last year but i knew he was fools gold just like Klove.

Say what?

Guppyfighter
12-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Klove is really, really good.

NYJ - NYY
12-07-2013, 09:35 PM
I've met kyrie in AC and he seems like a humble genuine guy

kobe4thewinbang
12-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Is he injury-free right now? Any reports about him having nagging injury-related problems? We all know the Cavs have some team chemistry issues.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Oh yea! That sounds like the kind of talent lebron wants to be around.

LOL

Justinnum are you really worried about LeBron leaving the cHeat for the Cavs? Or are you just trolling? Not surprised by either answer. I'm excited to see how the cHeat fan base acts when they're not title contenders.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 12:13 AM
He doesn't seem to playing at the same level as he had in the past. But he is also only 21 and has only played less than 2 seasons.

John Walls Era
12-08-2013, 12:17 AM
The drew commercials are funny, but iirc Irving was never that good. I dont remember him dominating teams, he had good runs tho.

OR maybe hes saving himself and not going 100% for Cleveland, possibly looking at another team.

Hellcrooner
12-08-2013, 12:24 AM
Mike Brown + Andrew " theres a bank in every city, and good bowiling alleys too" Bynum Happened.

Not the first career those two send to hell.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 12:26 AM
The drew commercials are funny, but iirc Irving was never that good. I dont remember him dominating teams, he had good runs tho.

OR maybe hes saving himself and not going 100% for Cleveland, possibly looking at another team.

I don't think players wouldn't play to their potential. Especially star players.... That wouldn't help their cause even if they don't want to play with their current teams. If he really wants to leave he can. I do think Irving was overrated by ESPN, which was a meaningless rating anyways.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Mike Brown + Andrew " theres a bank in every city, and good bowiling alleys too" Bynum Happened.

Not the first career those two send to hell.

Hahaha....huh? Whose career was sent to hell?

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Is he injury-free right now? Any reports about him having nagging injury-related problems? We all know the Cavs have some team chemistry issues.

This. Not saying he's injured but wouldn't be surprised to hear otherwise.

Astronaut
12-08-2013, 04:05 AM
Kyrie is overrated?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lOhbA0fn_A

For those of you guys blaming Kyrie's teammates..

Tristan Thompson has gone:
20-13-4
17-21-1
14-14

in the past 3 games..

Waiters in 4 of the past 6 games has eclipsed 20 points.....

Bynum past 4 games?
18 pts.
20 pts.
14 pts.
20 pts.

I wouldn't say its his teammates, Kyrie has just been having an off year. Kyrie is not adjusting well to playing on both sides of the ball yet. Mike Brown is trying to get Kyrie to commit on defense where he admittedly would take plays off. Kyrie is in the middle of a transitional period, if he can't pick up his play by the end of the season then we have something to worry about.

Pierre The Poet
12-08-2013, 04:11 AM
How do you stop great players like Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, and Kyrie Irving? Hire Mike Brown.

justinnum1
12-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Justinnum are you really worried about LeBron leaving the cHeat for the Cavs? Or are you just trolling? Not surprised by either answer. I'm excited to see how the cHeat fan base acts when they're not title contenders.
Cavs lost their chance at getting lebron back the second they hired that joke of a coach. Im just enjoying winnin championships baby ;)

SteBO
12-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Irving is a really good player, but he's not very durable let alone efficient on the basketball court. He's still young so I wouldn't worry about him too much, but something's gotta change.....Mike Brown could be the problem, but it's not like he was anything special last year under Byron Scott either.

WES KOAST
12-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Maybe Bynum is rubbing off on him

then irving should be championship caliber cuz Bynum won 2 with the lakers. and I don't care what anyone says, w/o shaq/Bynum/gasol kobe would have zero rings

WES KOAST
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
all you kyrie haters. here's a fact: irving > wall

WITZ
12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Cavs lost their chance at getting lebron back the second they hired that joke of a coach. Im just enjoying winnin championships baby ;)

Oh look a heat fan bringing up lebron in yet another cavs thread...and they say cavs fans wont let go of this :facepalm:

beasted86
12-08-2013, 02:11 PM

It's pretty simple. We'll act like a team that has won championships.

Unless you are the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, or Spurs... can you really even talk about the HEAT franchise?

Cavs fans especially should be all crickets.

JNA17
12-08-2013, 02:36 PM
then irving should be championship caliber cuz Bynum won 2 with the lakers. and I don't care what anyone says, w/o shaq/Bynum/gasol kobe would have zero rings

Without Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, Lebron would still have zero rings.

What the hell were you trying to prove with that post?

J4KOP99
12-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Idk but I love to see Bynum playing well

PurpleLynch
12-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Wes Koast is a troll.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
It's pretty simple. We'll act like a team that has won championships.

Unless you are the Celtics, Lakers, Bulls, or Spurs... can you really even talk about the HEAT franchise?

Cavs fans especially should be all crickets.

Oh okay. Thanks for spelling it out for me. Make sure you get that note out to the other 29 franchises so they know the rules going forward. I'll do you a favor an inform all the Cavs fans to be crickets.

Arch Stanton
12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Oh look a heat fan bringing up lebron in yet another cavs thread...and they say cavs fans wont let go of this :facepalm:

This.

beasted86
12-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Oh okay. Thanks for spelling it out for me. Make sure you get that note out to the other 29 franchises so they know the rules going forward. I'll do you a favor an inform all the Cavs fans to be crickets.

Good job. To that I toast to you all... here is to another 45 years of hope. :cheers:

DreamShaker
12-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Dude is super talented. But I truly think he is on a dysfunctional team with no chemistry and no unity. You can't blame any one player. They are all playing below their talent.