PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hardaway Jr. Is A Young Ray Allen

melo
12-07-2013, 02:57 AM
If he got 30min + a game like Oladipo and Burke he'd be in contention for ROY honors. Knicks with the steal of the draft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iZPaeMLK7o&feature=youtu.be

Wet.

SugeKnight
12-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Terrible comparison. I like his game though

mightybosstone
12-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Yeah, you know what they say. Anytime a guy averages a decent 3-point shooting percentage playing 16 minutes per game in an extremely small sample size, he clearly should be Rookie of the Year and should be compared to a future first-ballot Hall of Famer. :shrug:

melo
12-07-2013, 03:05 AM
Yeah, you know what they say. Anytime a guy averages a decent 3-point shooting percentage playing 16 minutes per game in an extremely small sample size, he clearly should be Rookie of the Year and should be compared to a future first-ballot Hall of Famer. :shrug:

Watch him play.

Chronz
12-07-2013, 03:13 AM
Watch him play.

Read what he wrote

ThaDubs
12-07-2013, 03:18 AM
Not a young Ray Allen... this kid can't do anything but score. Not a good passer, can't rebound, average defender.

NYKnickFanatic
12-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Oh boy...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-07-2013, 03:26 AM
knicks fans overrating their players....whats new?

spl3nda
12-07-2013, 03:29 AM
Read what he wrote

Both people are right in this case. Comparing him to Ray Allen was a bit much, but Hardaway certainly has potential if you watch the way he plays as a rookie.

NYKnickFanatic
12-07-2013, 03:30 AM
knicks fan overrating their players....whats new?

Fixed.

knicksfan1794
12-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Relax there dude! you can't compare a guy to a hall of fame player 18 games into his career

spl3nda
12-07-2013, 03:37 AM
Fixed.

And to be fair, Knicks fans get a lotta bad rap because they vocalize their excitement about their players a bit too much. I won't believe anyone who tells me that they don't look at the team that they root for with a bit of a favoritism sense. Fact is, you root for a team, you get excited about players and want to believe that they could be a bit better than they are. Yeah a lot of the time it's an exaggeration, but its not just Knicks fans that believe in their players.

And to be clear, no way you can compare Hardaway jr. to Ray Allen.

xabial
12-07-2013, 03:40 AM
And to be fair, Knicks fans get a lotta bad rap because they vocalize their excitement about their players a bit too much. I won't believe anyone who tells me that they don't look at the team that they root for with a bit of a favoritism sense. Fact is, you root for a team, you get excited about players and want to believe that they could be a bit better than they are. Yeah a lot of the time it's an exaggeration, but its not just Knicks fans that believe in their players.

And to be clear, no way you can compare Hardaway jr. to Ray Allen.

Not every fan is like that. And even if your point stands, Hardaway doesn't deserve that hype....yet. Still would have much rather drafted Rudy Gobert even with a healthy Tyson Chandler then Tim hardaway Jr. and Im a Knicks fan. Heck I'd take a stab at Reggie Bullock (whose a better 3 pt shooter and the perfect role player) whose not getting any burn with the Clips because of having arguably the deepest team in the league.

Its still good that Hardaway is making strides and improving after every game.

spl3nda
12-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Not every fan is like that. And even if your point stands, Hardaway doesn't deserve that hype....yet. Still would have much rather drafted Rudy Gobert even with a healthy Tyson Chandler and Im a Knicks fan.

Agree about him not deserving the hype, I said that previously. Though I do think he's looked good thus far, and don't think its wrong to get excited about a player in hopes he develops into a legitimate option. I guess maybe not everyone thinks with that mindset, it just seems to make sense in my mind but maybe I'm a crazy person.

I mean, I'm a Seton Hall Pirates fan, and I like to believe each year that they have a glimmer of hope when in all reality I know that they probably don't. Otherwise, what's the point really?

SMH!
12-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Watch him play.

Ive watched him play, doesnt remind me of a young ray allen.

melo
12-07-2013, 03:52 AM
Not a young Ray Allen... this kid can't do anything but score. Not a good passer, can't rebound, average defender.

Actually is a great passer. Defense can be taught, lots of length on the neofight. Makings of a young Ray allen, telling you.

DreamShaker
12-07-2013, 04:34 AM
He's good. But being carefully optimistic is always the best road to take.

Carbine15
12-07-2013, 05:49 AM
He has a nice little stroke going for him. But i dont see any ray allen in him.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 07:11 AM
The awkward moment when you have to once again explain how your rookie is better, I've been here before.:whistle:

RollingWave
12-07-2013, 07:57 AM
He's done a lot better than I projected so far, but hold your horses there. it's not even really evident that Ray Allen was Ray Allen until 4-5 years into his career

leprechaun5
12-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Hardaway Jr is a moron ,and wise knicks fans know that .

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2013, 08:37 AM

Wrong any Knick bull heat or any major market

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Hardaway Jr is a moron ,and wise knicks fans know that .

How do you figure lol.

xxplayerxx23
12-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Hardaway can score I like him but yeah this thread is a joke

GiantsSwaGG
12-07-2013, 08:55 AM

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
12-07-2013, 08:56 AM
He's good. But being carefully optimistic is always the best road to take.

Exactly, I see him struggling soon this season

c.c.
12-07-2013, 09:22 AM

First thought that came to my mind lol

Burkey3472
12-07-2013, 09:46 AM
The guy deserves props because he is having a nice start to his career but calling him a young Ray Allen is ridiculous.

Bklyn24
12-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I think hes a nice player but is very limited right now. does not have much of a handle, cannot shoot off the dribble and does not take the ball to the basket. He reminds me more of steve novak than ray allen right now

nycericanguy
12-07-2013, 10:12 AM
He's good and he's performed like a top 3-5 rookie this year, but I don't see Ray Allen in him. I see more an Allan Houston type game. He definitely has the work ethic and blood lines to improve.

Last 3 games he's scored 16ppg in just 22mpg. I do think he, more than Shump is the Knicks starting SG of the future.

Yankeefan213
12-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Terrible comparison. Hardaway is way more athletic than Ray Allen, and I don't think he is actually as good of a shooter as he has been in recent games, he is a streak shooter who has been on a major hot streak. His defense is also a lot better than people give him credit for, and he runs the floor like it's his job. Not sure who to compare him to, but I know it is not Ray Allen lol.

torocan
12-07-2013, 10:21 AM

This.

He's shooting well, but he's not breaking any NBA records or blowing the doors off the box score. I'm sorry, but with a small sample size unless he's absolutely dominating it's WAY to early to even be thinking about these sorts of comparisons.

Feel free to come back down to Earth...

nyknicks1969
12-07-2013, 11:05 AM
So far a more athletic Dell Curry.

justinnum1
12-07-2013, 11:08 AM
knicks are back

D-Leethal
12-07-2013, 11:20 AM

He is a very good pick and roll passer and has shown it on numerous occasions - just doesn't get enough reps there.

Ray Allen is overkill, but I have been calling him a young Klay Thompson.

John Walls Era
12-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Ive never heard Knicks fans get excited with their prospects after half a year....

O wait.

D-Leethal
12-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Ive never heard Knicks fans get excited with their prospects after half a year....

O wait.

Most of the time they have ended up being pretty good. And all of the guys we propped up that eventually left the Knicks instantly became PSD droolfest favorites the second another uniform was put on.

ManRam
12-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Definitely the next Ray Allen. I agree.

mp3
12-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Just like Shumpert was the next Wade...

justinnum1
12-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Just like Shumpert was the next Wade...

You win.

NYKnickFanatic
12-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Most of the time they have ended up being pretty good. And all of the guys we propped up that eventually left the Knicks instantly became PSD droolfest favorites the second another uniform was put on.

This.

nycericanguy
12-07-2013, 01:24 PM

agreed. For the #17th pick Shump was very good value... if you do a redraft now he'd go higher. It's not easy to find a starter at that pick.

And Hardaway at #24 is great value, he's performed like a top 5 rookie so far.

Knicks are great at drafting outside the lottery and finding good value.

quikslvr2269
12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
If he got 30min + a game like Oladipo and Burke he'd be in contention for ROY honors. Knicks with the steal of the draft.

Wet.

Yeah and Harold Miner was a young Michael Jordan.

ManRam
12-07-2013, 01:32 PM

Who? Gallo?

I think it's mostly a case of players just playing better after they leave NYK. That's probably an indictment of the organization of late. Very few Knicks draft picks have panned out for the Knicks lately...and most of them came with plenty of hype.

All fans overhype their own young guys. The Knicks just have more fans here than most other teams...so it's much more in your face. Not sure they're any more guilty than the rest of us, there are just more of them out there.

Tysons_Beard
12-07-2013, 01:44 PM
A young Ray Allen?? no, its too early to tell. However his game has been awesome, we got a steal at 24.

Its annoying because these threads give us knick fans bad reps on psd, we seem to jump the gun a little bit on these comparisons.

Tysons_Beard
12-07-2013, 01:47 PM
But you can't deny that he has a great 3 point stroke.....

Deception
12-07-2013, 01:47 PM
I watched him play at Michigan, happy to see him declare for the draft, he's very streaky, and as a first option, he's not truly dependable

ManningToTyree
12-07-2013, 01:59 PM
He has a great shot and runs the floor very well. His game needs some more polish as far as shot selection, getting to the rim and defensively. He has the potential to be a starting 2.

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2013, 02:03 PM

Wet.

flash back to when knicks where saying fields was ROY, shumpert was the next wade or the wade stopper.
now flash forward to how fields sucks and can't wait to get rid of useless shumpert.

blahblahyoutoo
12-07-2013, 02:07 PM
knicks are back

knicks is back!

RipCity32
12-07-2013, 02:16 PM
He was good for us with Michigan. He used to drive me nuts though because he can be a bit of chucker but I've yet to really watch him with the NY. He has all the tools to be really good. I don't know about Ray Allen but probably more like a Joe Johnson type.

AddiX
12-07-2013, 02:40 PM
He doesn't have the quick release ray does which is what makes ray so dangerous.

But Timmy has played very well for us, I Really enjoy his game.

2-ONE-5
12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
lol its easy to look good one a team as bad as the knicks though

D-Leethal
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Who? Gallo?

I think it's mostly a case of players just playing better after they leave NYK. That's probably an indictment of the organization of late. Very few Knicks draft picks have panned out for the Knicks lately...and most of them came with plenty of hype.

All fans overhype their own young guys. The Knicks just have more fans here than most other teams...so it's much more in your face. Not sure they're any more guilty than the rest of us, there are just more of them out there.

Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov and basically our entire trade package were all deemed scrubs and there was no way the package we had was anywhere good enough to net Carmelo Anthony.

When we get Carmelo Anthony, all of a sudden the package we gave up was tremendous, we lost the trade, we traded a bunch of future studs.

Who are the draft picks that didn't pan out? There last 5 first round draft picks were Chandler, Gallo, Jordan Hill, Shump and Hardaway. Thats an ADP of 17, and those are 5 starting caliber NBA players. You don't see that every day. Find me another team that has done that with the majority of picks being outside the lottery? Perennial lottery teams don't even nail 5 starting caliber players straight.

Knicks have drafted very well, and thats not including random unsigned FA gems who produced very well for us - Lin, Novak, Copeland, Prigioni. Knicks have been very good at collecting talent. Keeping it is another story, but when were hyping our guys theres usually merit to it. Obviously, people are gonna go overboard, but Knicks haven't missed very often in the draft of FA department as of late.

And no, if anything those players (outside of Hill) were just as good or better on the Knicks than they were after they got traded, yet were deemed scrubs on the Knicks and all of a sudden became good players once they left. Young players usually get better either way, so wouldn't one expect them to get better after 4-5 years in the league? Even if they did magically become good players once they left the Knicks, thats not necessarily an indictment on the Knicks (the fact that we traded them could be), thats what you call natural progression.

beasted86
12-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Tim Hardaway Jr. is a young 23/5/5 type player like Ray Allen was most of his prime? Or are they talking about a young Ray Allen right now? A solid 3PT shooting guard? At least the OP should specify.

Either it's the former and he is completely off his rocker to think this guy is a future franchise player based on what we've seen so far. Or it's the latter and this is not thread worthy. So which is it?

D-Leethal
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Tim Hardaway Jr. is a young 23/5/5 type player like Ray Allen was most of his prime? Or are they talking about a young Ray Allen right now? A solid 3PT shooting guard? At least the OP should specify.

Either it's the former and he is completely off his rocker to think this guy is a future franchise player based on what we've seen so far. Or it's the latter and this is not thread worthy. So which is it?

Hardaway is gonna be a heck of a player, but he's no Ray Allen. OP went overboard, we can all accept that. I do see a Klay Thompson type and possibly a fringe all star.

beasted86
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
A young Ray Allen?? no, its too early to tell. However his game has been awesome, we got a steal at 24.

Its annoying because these threads give us knick fans bad reps on psd, we seem to jump the gun a little bit on these comparisons.

There are a lot of sensible Knicks fans, but the foolish ones are the loudest.

shep33
12-07-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree with the title of this thread. He's almost as good as Ray Allen when he was 13

waveycrockett
12-07-2013, 03:53 PM
Man every year the Knicks draft a ROY/Future Allstar then 2 years later they are jumping for joy when they are traded.

mjt20mik
12-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Relax there dude! you can't compare a guy to a hall of fame player 18 games into his career

this lol..

TheNumber37
12-07-2013, 05:18 PM

True, not a young Ray. But he is more athletic and is a better defender than Ray Allen was... even in his Boston days.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 06:30 PM
I'd much rather have Tony Snell but he's not a Knick so he won't get the credit he's deserved in this limited time but he's probably a combo of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Post moves of Hakeem, Defense of Tony Allen and Dwight Howard, and passes like CP3.

But seriously if Snell was playing for the Knicks there would be 6 threads about how he's the next all star with his 6'7 height 6'11 wing Span as a SG while shooting just as well as Hardaway, making sick passing plays, and being a better defender. but in this limited time he's nothing more than a role player who once Butler comes back won't play until next year baring injuries.

To compare a rookie who has played such a small sample size to a HOF and the greatest shooter of all time is just down right embarrassing. I compare Snell to a rookie Deng with less length and rebounding skills while having more range. We will see what happens as the years go by I'm glad we have Thibs to develop him hopefully Hardaway has someone to develop him.

meloman1592
12-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Thjr is automatic. But Ray Allen is pushing it

seikou8
12-07-2013, 07:16 PM
wow man this thread gives the haters what they want chance to make fun of us and our fans good job melo

AddiX
12-07-2013, 07:26 PM
wow man this thread gives the haters what they want chance to make fun of us and our fans good job melo

Who gives a damn what other psd posters think of us?

Most of these dudes arent around when there team isn't good anyway. Besides, Ny can be one of the worst teams in the league, and they still spend all there time on psd hating on us.

There's a whole bunch of insecure psd posters who sit around here and bash ny any chance they get.

seikou8
12-07-2013, 07:38 PM
Who gives a damn what other psd posters think of us?

Most of these dudes arent around when there team isn't good anyway. Besides, Ny can be one of the worst teams in the league, and they still spend all there time on psd hating on us.

There's a whole bunch of insecure psd posters who sit around here and bash ny any chance they get.

very true but threads like this one are not needed let the guy play half of a season

Jenceman
12-07-2013, 07:38 PM
You would think the best rookie could get more run on one of the worst teams in the league.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 07:42 PM
very true but threads like this one are not needed let the guy play half of a season

This just gives people time to hate on the player look at Rose granted over the last year he's kind of given them ammo but before that people hated a humble basketball player because of the Bulls fans here. Knicks fans keep doing this they were doing it with Shump while a guy like Butler went unnoticed until the playoffs. Let a guy play more than 200 something minutes before calling him the next GOAT shooter. Especially when there our several rookies this year shooting just as well.

sep11ie
12-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Yea, he sure brought that winning attitude.

FOXHOUND
12-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Timmy Hardaway Jr definitely has good talent and pretty solid potential, but Ray Allen? Their games are nothing alike, for starters, and if you're going to compare a rookie to a player like that they better be starting and putting up good numbers through those 18 games.

I like the Klay Thompson comparison much more, seems much more fitting in just about every way. Even then, it's REALLY early man. He's starting to play very good on offense, he's showing a ton of confidence and is really drilling his chances while showing the ability to take a drive to the rim and finish nicely/draw a foul. His on ball D is getting better, but let's not get mistaken with the fact that he has a long way to go on that end of the court. His team D and understanding of rotations has ways to go, although I would say it's already better than JR's :P

Overall very happy with a late pick again as a Knicks fan, we do very well outside the top ten in the draft. Let's not go overboard though, at least let him get through half a season of good play first before we start anointing him anything. We've had Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Nate Robinson and Iman Shumpert, but we also have had Landry Fields and Renaldo Balkman, late picks who got off to a good start and then fell off the planet.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Timmy Hardaway Jr definitely has good talent and pretty solid potential, but Ray Allen? Their games are nothing alike, for starters, and if you're going to compare a rookie to a player like that they better be starting and putting up good numbers through those 18 games.

I like the Klay Thompson comparison much more, seems much more fitting in just about every way. Even then, it's REALLY early man. He's starting to play very good on offense, he's showing a ton of confidence and is really drilling his chances while showing the ability to take a drive to the rim and finish nicely/draw a foul. His on ball D is getting better, but let's not get mistaken with the fact that he has a long way to go on that end of the court. His team D and understanding of rotations has ways to go, although I would say it's already better than JR's :P

Overall very happy with a late pick again as a Knicks fan, we do very well outside the top ten in the draft. Let's not go overboard though, at least let him get through half a season of good play first before we start anointing him anything. We've had Wilson Chandler, David Lee, Nate Robinson and Iman Shumpert, but we also have had Landry Fields and Renaldo Balkman, late picks who got off to a good start and then fell off the planet.

Nice post and well said I also like that comparison I've watched him in very limited games and really the Knicks offense is weird this year compared to most of last year. How does he do coming off screens and hitting a mid range/ take the Big man with him and pass for an easy dunk if the Knicks even run that play because Allen in Boston did that to a tee.

melo
12-07-2013, 08:26 PM
I'd much rather have Tony Snell but he's not a Knick so he won't get the credit he's deserved in this limited time but he's probably a combo of Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Post moves of Hakeem, Defense of Tony Allen and Dwight Howard, and passes like CP3.

But seriously if Snell was playing for the Knicks there would be 6 threads about how he's the next all star with his 6'7 height 6'11 wing Span as a SG while shooting just as well as Hardaway, making sick passing plays, and being a better defender. but in this limited time he's nothing more than a role player who once Butler comes back won't play until next year baring injuries.

To compare a rookie who has played such a small sample size to a HOF and the greatest shooter of all time is just down right embarrassing. I compare Snell to a rookie Deng with less length and rebounding skills while having more range. We will see what happens as the years go by I'm glad we have Thibs to develop him hopefully Hardaway has someone to develop him.
Hahahahaaha Tony Snell?

C'mon man!

Rndy
12-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Hahahahaaha Tony Snell?

C'mon man!

aka lets look at per game stats and not watch a guy play who has been killing it since starting! Every post you make you make yourself look worse. Tony Snell is a much better player but it's ok he'll prove it like Butler did.

Since starting he's put up 10 pts a game with 39 fga 20 made 51% fg 64 ts% 47 3% while playing good defense. He is very long for a Sg not many 6'7 6'11 wing span guards in the NBA who can score that efficiently. all while having a lower usg% than THJ

Seems very similar to the next Ray Allen guy AM I RITE?!?!?!?!

FOXHOUND
12-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Nice post and well said I also like that comparison I've watched him in very limited games and really the Knicks offense is weird this year compared to most of last year. How does he do coming off screens and hitting a mid range/ take the Big man with him and pass for an easy dunk if the Knicks even run that play because Allen in Boston did that to a tee.

The Knicks offense definitely had a new philosophy this season with the changing pieces, and got off to a horrendous start thanks to injures and a suspension. Bargnani was just awful to start the year after getting pneumonia and missing training camp time. It was also a big adjustment, but now he's playing pretty well. JR Smith missed the first five games, then of course came back and in his first 11 games shot 33% despite taking the second most shots on the team and leading the NBA in possessions in ISO%, which killed the offense in many ways.

Rough start, but now they're starting to get it together. That 3 day rest before the Nets game was like a bye week, it really helped the team get a breather and reset things a bit. Getting to play a team as awful as the Nets also helps a lot, but I definitely see it as a springboard game. No matter who you play winning back to back games by 30 points each is always impressive.

The team had some issues with players understanding their roles, the biggest culprit of this being JR Smith. These past two games he's been playing a very team orientated game and it's really helped a lot. The shots FINALLY falling also did wonders for a lot of the role players confidence, especially Shumpert. Having a starting PG as bad as Felton will always make it tough vs the good defensive teams but if everyone plays their role with high effort this team can still compete with anyone.

Can't wait for Tyson to get back, I'm really not enjoying the Amare-Bargs PF-C duo that's seeing the court together at times lol. Hell, even Jeremy Tyler at this point, can't come soon enough to really help this team continue it's improvement.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 09:11 PM
The Knicks offense definitely had a new philosophy this season with the changing pieces, and got off to a horrendous start thanks to injures and a suspension. Bargnani was just awful to start the year after getting pneumonia and missing training camp time. It was also a big adjustment, but now he's playing pretty well. JR Smith missed the first five games, then of course came back and in his first 11 games shot 33% despite taking the second most shots on the team and leading the NBA in possessions in ISO%, which killed the offense in many ways.

Rough start, but now they're starting to get it together. That 3 day rest before the Nets game was like a bye week, it really helped the team get a breather and reset things a bit. Getting to play a team as awful as the Nets also helps a lot, but I definitely see it as a springboard game. No matter who you play winning back to back games by 30 points each is always impressive.

The team had some issues with players understanding their roles, the biggest culprit of this being JR Smith. These past two games he's been playing a very team orientated game and it's really helped a lot. The shots FINALLY falling also did wonders for a lot of the role players confidence, especially Shumpert. Having a starting PG as bad as Felton will always make it tough vs the good defensive teams but if everyone plays their role with high effort this team can still compete with anyone.

Can't wait for Tyson to get back, I'm really not enjoying the Amare-Bargs PF-C duo that's seeing the court together at times lol. Hell, even Jeremy Tyler at this point, can't come soon enough to really help this team continue it's improvement.

Ha so is that a no to that read play? Shame if it's not on the offense with Melo, JR, and now THJ shooting or passing to a Chandler when he was playing and Bargs.

FOXHOUND
12-07-2013, 09:32 PM
Ha so is that a no to that read play? Shame if it's not on the offense with Melo, JR, and now THJ shooting or passing to a Chandler when he was playing and Bargs.

They run pick n rolls, of course, but the team doesn't have good enough playmaking guards to run anything too specific with them. Hardaway Jr is never really in a position to be a playmaker either, right now he's mainly just getting the ball in positions to take a shot or take it to the rim. Felton and Prigioni run just about all of the pick n rolls/pops but Melo and Amare do get it going now and then, most prominently in the third quarter vs the Nets where they ran it 4 possessions in a row to great success.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 09:36 PM
They run pick n rolls, of course, but the team doesn't have good enough playmaking guards to run anything too specific with them. Hardaway Jr is never really in a position to be a playmaker either, right now he's mainly just getting the ball in positions to take a shot or take it to the rim. Felton and Prigioni run just about all of the pick n rolls/pops but Melo and Amare do get it going now and then, most prominently in the third quarter vs the Nets where they ran it 4 possessions in a row to great success.

It's not a pick and roll it's a shooter running around getting screens and someone passing him the ball off a curl screen and he either shoots it or the other teams big steps up to commit to him and he passes it to the big for a wide open layup/dunk. It's a play Doc and Chicago run all the time.

FOXHOUND
12-07-2013, 09:54 PM
It's not a pick and roll it's a shooter running around getting screens and someone passing him the ball off a curl screen and he either shoots it or the other teams big steps up to commit to him and he passes it to the big for a wide open layup/dunk. It's a play Doc and Chicago run all the time.

Oh I see what you're saying now. The Knicks do run stuff sort of like that, but not exactly. As you said, I think that's more a Doc/Thibs specialty.

Rndy
12-07-2013, 10:37 PM
wrong thread oops!

IKnowHoops
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM

Wet.

I forgave you for this the moment I saw the title a few days ago. Now that substantial time has passed and I can read the hellfire you have received, I'll stop in.

IKnowHoops
12-08-2013, 10:35 PM
knicks is back!

I remember when Amare kept repeating that when he got signed. Did they coach him to keep saying that as there tag line for the occasion of his signing or was he saying that on his own?

Kashmir13579
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Fixed.

I can't bother with these idiots anymore. There are too many of them. doez knikz fanz doe lulz.

I do love me some Timmy Jr., though.. When the Knicks actually have a pick, they often draft well. The problem is, like we always do with our young studs, we will trade him.

IversonIsKrazy
12-09-2013, 03:12 AM
I said he was the steal of the draft, but Ray Allen? Lol. I would say his potential is a guy like Jamal Crawford. An elite 6th man who can straight up score.

ThaDubs
12-09-2013, 03:16 AM
I said he was the steal of the draft, but Ray Allen? Lol. I would say his potential is a guy like Jamal Crawford. An elite 6th man who can straight up score.

How you gonna put Jay-Z and J. Cole about Lupe? smh

Carbine15
12-09-2013, 03:40 AM
Where has the young ray allen been since this thread was made?

TylerSL
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
lol @ at the overrating of Tim Hardaway Jr. But he is a very good 3 pt shooter, and I believe he will be a 3 pt sharpshooter at the very least. He needs to get better on defense and everything on offense except shooting.

I will say this though, a part of me feels that he belongs in Miami being that he is Tim Hardaway's son.

TheIlladelph16
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
I can't bother with these idiots anymore. There are too many of them. doez knikz fanz doe lulz.

I do love me some Timmy Jr., though.. When the Knicks actually have a pick, they often draft well. The problem is, like we always do with our young studs, we will trade him.

And what "young studs" have the Knicks drafted in the last 10+ years exactly? The best player is Gallo and he isn't even in the realm of being a stud player. Knicks young players get over hyped because of the NY market and NY fans like OP.

Not trying to be a **** here because I do agree that the Knicks fans (along with the other larger market fans) take some unnecessary flak, but its not as if they have drafted all these young stars and inexplicably traded them away.

Kyle916
12-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Ben McLemore is a young Ray Allen.

tredigs
12-09-2013, 05:56 PM
I do appreciate some Knicks fans' ability to find a way to boast wildly outlandish claims even in the face of a complete meltdown in their organization. Touche'

Bishnoff
12-09-2013, 06:52 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pi/shareit/hqI4B

My first reaction was to say "stupid comparison", but there are some interesting similarities in their rookie season stats. I know it's a small sample size for Hardaway Jr. and there was a lot more hype surrounding Ray Ray when he entered the league (and started 81 games in his rookie season), but still interesting.

knicksfan1794
12-10-2013, 02:25 PM
flash back to when knicks where saying fields was ROY, shumpert was the next wade or the wade stopper.
now flash forward to how fields sucks and can't wait to get rid of useless shumpert.

Ummm I don't know if you remember this but Fields was in the running for ROY, im pretty sure he finished 2nd or 3rd in voting,

Now Shump is only in his 3rd year in the league hasn't had time to work on his game inthe offseason which is where players get better because of (acl and lockout) despite this he improved his 3 point game, and shot off the dribble

I'm not saying he is going to be wade because their play styles are SO different but Shump could still be a very good player in this league

KnickaBocka.44
12-10-2013, 02:32 PM

Knicks fan, singular. I know it's not as much fun not generalizing a whole group of people, but the rest ofus don't like being lumped in with these guys.

knicksfan1794
12-10-2013, 02:32 PM
And what "young studs" have the Knicks drafted in the last 10+ years exactly? The best player is Gallo and he isn't even in the realm of being a stud player. Knicks young players get over hyped because of the NY market and NY fans like OP.

Not trying to be a **** here because I do agree that the Knicks fans (along with the other larger market fans) take some unnecessary flak, but its not as if they have drafted all these young stars and inexplicably traded them away.

Knicks drafted some very respectable players in the NBA such as nate, david lee, wilson chandler, nene, trevor ariza, channing frye, and now shump and timmy not a bad list of names over the last 10-12 years

ThaDubs
12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Knicks drafted some very respectable players in the NBA such as nate, david lee, wilson chandler, nene, trevor ariza, channing frye, and now shump and timmy not a bad list of names over the last 10-12 years

No young studs though...

BKLYNpigeon
12-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Wet.

Yeah, He will get 30 mins next season when Melo leaves. lol.

ThaDubs
12-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Hardaway Jr > Oladipo imo. Not even trying to be funny. I love Oladipo but -WS/48 for him compared to .120 for Hardaway Jr. And THJ is just playing better ball. Big time scorer with efficiency beyond his years. Still neither compares to MCW.

WAYNEBO
12-11-2013, 12:38 AM
If the kid showed some court vision, he'd easily supplant JR and Shump as the starting 2. Lots to learn for a rookie, but certainly NOT ROY material -- hasn't shown any mid-range game or transition rim finishing. Average handles at best.

TheIlladelph16
12-11-2013, 12:28 PM

I agree they have had some solid picks in there, some better than others like most organizations. I took issue with the term "young studs" being thrown out there as if the Knicks were drafting Hardens, Currys or Irvings on a regular basis and trading them for nothing haha.

Kashmir13579
12-11-2013, 02:49 PM

lmfao.. go on and argue semantics.. Gallo is a stud for sure. So is Shumpert.

Kashmir13579
12-11-2013, 02:51 PM
No young studs though...

Well, they aren't as young as they were when we traded them.

NYJ - NYY
12-11-2013, 03:07 PM
If the kid showed some court vision, he'd easily supplant JR and Shump as the starting 2. Lots to learn for a rookie, but certainly NOT ROY material -- hasn't shown any mid-range game or transition rim finishing. Average handles at best.

Mid range not so much but transition rim finishing?? C'mon man a simple YouTube search can show u how well he finishes on the break but mid range yes leaves a lot to be desired

TheIlladelph16
12-11-2013, 05:10 PM
lmfao.. go on and argue semantics.. Gallo is a stud for sure. So is Shumpert.

You can make an argument for Gallo certainly, but I've yet to see Shumpert perform even remotely close the hype that NY fans have given him. Steph Curry is a "young stud". Iman Shumpert is not.

jacquewho?
12-11-2013, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

KnicksorBust
12-11-2013, 11:23 PM
Cant take this thread seriously.

NBA_Starter
12-11-2013, 11:24 PM
I thought this was serious for a minute..