PDA

View Full Version : heat targeting a guard

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 10:45 PM
The report on ESPN is that the Miami heat are searching for trades for a guard due to wades lingering knee issues. My question is with all the talk surrounding shumpert, is there any chance he gets moved here? I understand the displeasure of trading to the heat, especially from the Knicks. But could the heat afford him? Package something together for him? I am just curious, considering it's like iman is getting run out of town.

JNA17
12-06-2013, 10:48 PM
After what happened to the Heat yesterday and with the Heat currently having Wade, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, etc. Their solution to their rebounding problem is...another guard?

Somehow I don't buy that ESPN report. Why would the Heat need another guard?

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 10:50 PM
I'll get ya a link if I can find it. I'm watching the Niu game and just saw it come up on the bottom

jerellh528
12-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Would've probably been better in the "heat" forum. Usually other posters go post in their teams respective trade needs and ideas thread to post stuff like this.

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 10:52 PM
With Dwyane Wade missing numerous games as he manages knee issues, the Miami Heat have recently started trade talks looking for backcourt help, multiple league sources told ESPN.

Wade missed his fifth game of the season Thursday night, this one due to illness, as the visiting Heat lost 107-87 to the Chicago Bulls.

Coach Erik Spoelstra started Ray Allen in Wade's spot, the first start of Allen's tenure with Heat. Allen is the third player Spoelstra has tried in place of Wade this season.

The Heat (14-5) have a glut of big men and have been looking into trading one for a guard, or to clear a roster spot so they can sign a player later. Center-forward Joel Anthony, who has played in just five games this season, is one of the players who may be available.

Wade is still recovering from offseason procedures on his knees and is not currently playing in back-to-back games. Last month, after Wade did play in a back-to-back, knee soreness caused him to miss the next two games. Wade also missed Tuesday's game against the Detroit Pistons with knee soreness.

The Heat have six back-to-backs scheduled over the next six weeks.

The Heat, 2-3 without Wade this season, were 11-2 when he didn't play last season and 14-3 in 2011-12. Spoelstra has also tried James Jones and Roger Mason Jr. as starters when Wade has been out.

Last season, the Heat routinely started Mike Miller when Wade needed days off to deal with knee or other issues. Miller was effective, averaging 10 points, five rebounds and three assists while shooting 49 percent in his 17 starts. The Heat released Miller over the summer using the amnesty provision, a move that is projected to save them about $17 million in luxury taxes this season.

Miller is averaging 6.2 points and 3.5 assists as a reserve for the Memphis Grizzlies this season.

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Would've probably been better in the "heat" forum. Usually other posters go post in their teams respective trade needs and ideas thread to post stuff like this.

I hear ya, but just as a bulls fan I'm interested to see if our rival is going to get stronger. And as an nba fan, interested to see the possibility of iman moving and the possibility of the heat making a move

Move if necessary. My bad

jerellh528
12-06-2013, 11:00 PM
I hear ya, but just as a bulls fan I'm interested to see if our rival is going to get stronger. And as an nba fan, interested to see the possibility of iman moving and the possibility of the heat making a move

I don't know who of value heat would move in order to acquire shump that wouldn't mess with the chemistry they've acquired after 2 championship runs in a row . But it seems as if shumpert is involved in every trade rumor out there so maybe the Knicks wanna get rid of him really bad and will take anything.

WadeKobe
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't get it, nor do I think it'll happen.

Our problem is rebounding. Losing Wade hurts us there because our rebounding and rim protection is predicated upon having two amazing rim protectors and rebounders at the 2/3 (Wade/James) to make up for a lack of size and strength a the 5.

Wade's abilities in this area are nearly impossible to replace, and it exposing our weakness down low. The answer is not another guard. The answer is two-fold:

(1) more minutes for Birdman
(2) Move Bosh for great rebounders, preferably for Asik.

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 11:03 PM

I don't know who of value heat would move in order to acquire shump that wouldn't mess with the chemistry they've acquired after 2 championship runs in a row . But it seems as if shumpert is involved in every trade rumor out there so maybe the Knicks wanna get rid of him really bad and will take anything.

A Mario charmers/Norris cole, birdman, and a few picks maybe?

Sandman
12-06-2013, 11:08 PM

I dont think it would make sense for either team. I don't think the Knicks have any long term use for any of those players so it would need to be 2 or 3 first round picks to be worth it because of the likelihood of it being 28-30. and there's no way in hell that is a good risk for a guy like Shumpert.

Sandman
12-06-2013, 11:10 PM
After what happened to the Heat yesterday and with the Heat currently having Wade, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, etc. Their solution to their rebounding problem is...another guard?

Somehow I don't buy that ESPN report. Why would the Heat need another guard?

doesn't sound like the move would be for getting better, it would be for keeping Ray/Wade fresh for 6 months

hotdalton18
12-06-2013, 11:13 PM
I want a C not another guard smh

SugeKnight

Bulls-Heat is not a rivalry

chi-townlove1

I dont think it would make sense for either team. I don't think the Knicks have any long term use for any of those players so it would need to be 2 or 3 first round picks to be worth it because of the likelihood of it being 28-30. and there's no way in hell that is a good risk for a guy like Shumpert.

Now a days I'm confused as to what the Knicks are planning on doing. Can you tell me they're looking for something to build from when trading shumpert? Because I truly don't know. For all I know they could just be trying to unload, considering their situation.

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM

I hope that's sarcasm based off of what was said in the past lol because just IMHO the heat are my teams rival.. We love playing them, our city hates them, something about our players comes out when we play them - it's pretty noticeable, and it's fun to watch the teams go at it. The bulls are one of the few teams that actually gives the heat a run for their money.

Sandman
12-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Now a days I'm confused as to what the Knicks are planning on doing. Can you tell me they're looking for something build from when trading shumpert? Because I truly don't know

lol good point and I am positive that they do not truly know.

I'm assuming from the Faried rumor that they want another young player or at least a PG. They need a PG more than anything. There are about 20 good PGs in the league right now and they dont have one.

chi-townlove1
12-06-2013, 11:18 PM
Now a days I'm confused as to what the Knicks are planning on doing. Can you tell me they're looking for something build from when trading shumpert? Because I truly don't know

lol good point and I am positive that they do not truly know.

I'm assuming from the Faried rumor that they want another young player or at least a PG. They need a PG more than anything. There are about 20 good PGs in the league right now and they dont have one.

I agree.. They can take Teague. Teague for shump. Done ;)

DreamShaker
12-07-2013, 03:08 AM
Is Okafor healthy/available? What guards could they get?

xabial
12-07-2013, 03:51 AM
Unprotected heat 2016 1st round pick, and Throw in a couple of 2nd rounders while your at it, add Mario Chalmers (who I doubt they resign because of Norris Cole, and luxury tax), as icing on the cake and we got a deal. Will add fillers to Shump to make salaries work.

Yeah its a lot, but Shumpert is their best Trade asset. I wonder what they get for him? :D

MiamiBoy77
12-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Unprotected future first, 2014 2nd Joel, Chalmers for Waiters, Varajao?

MiamiBoy77
12-07-2013, 04:11 AM

Lol

DreamShaker
12-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Unprotected future first, 2014 2nd Joel, Chalmers for Waiters, Varajao?

No way the Cavs do that. Maybe Jack and Andy, but not sure the Heat want that contract.

OaklandsFinest
12-07-2013, 04:35 AM
Won't happen but really the best deal out there to make these 3 teams better is

Clippers Get : Bosh

Miami Gets: Love

Minnesota gets: Blake

DreamShaker
12-07-2013, 04:42 AM
Won't happen but really the best deal out there to make these 3 teams better is

Clippers Get : Bosh

Miami Gets: Love

Minnesota gets: Blake

That really makes the Clippers worse. I would not deal Blake unless I got Love. Especially since Bosh can just opt out.

OaklandsFinest
12-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Why? You need a pf who can stratch the floor and play D. Love plays ZERO defense. Deandre is an overrated bad defender, and Bosh can really play team defense. He's not going to board as well, but he and CP3 with that pick n pop would be lethal.

DreamShaker
12-07-2013, 05:14 AM
Why? You need a pf who can stratch the floor and play D. Love plays ZERO defense. Deandre is an overrated bad defender, and Bosh can really play team defense. He's not going to board as well, but he and CP3 with that pick n pop would be lethal.

You make solid points. But Love would be even more lethal, and it's not close. I will give you the D, but every other aspect of the game, Love is way better. He can post, pass, play inside and outside, and is the best rebounder in the NBA. He is also an elite outlet passer that could trigger the fast break for the Clips. There is a reason Bosh is being talked about in trades. He is a big man that plays like a 3. The ONLY reason the TWolves trade Love is because they decide there is no way he stays. Bosh is likely opting out. And is much older than both those guys. No certain deal he resigns. Love on the other hand, is an LA kind of dude. We are talking about a guy who went to UCLA and is closely related to the Beach Boys. Perfect fit. Blake is a young stud signed for the next 3 or 4 years. All those things factor in.

Lakers + Giants
12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Heat, you want Kaman and Nash?

shen
12-07-2013, 11:28 AM

You are telling me the Knicks can't use Chalmers? A PG team player who drains the 3 and is an quantum leap over Felton the poster boy for lazy out of shape boneheads. NY is 16th in 3's and 23rd in assists. Get chalmers, Joel, and a 2nd round pick.

Sandman
12-07-2013, 11:44 AM
You are telling me the Knicks can't use Chalmers? A PG team player who drains the 3 and is an quantum leap over Felton the poster boy for lazy out of shape boneheads. NY is 16th in 3's and 23rd in assists. Get chalmers, Joel, and a 2nd round pick.

When I said there were about 20 good PGs and the Knicks don't have one, Chalmers was not one of them.

Felton can hit the 3 too while he has been terrible this season. I don't think it would be an upgrade, it would add to the problems they have now. Chalmers is a misfit, he would not be a starting PG in the NBA if they didn't have LeBron as a point forward. He's going to help the team in the assist department? Felton can at least play PG, it would be a downgrade

not to mention he is a free agent

easily better off keeping shumpert

hell maybe even better off playing Shumpert at PG over Chalmers

NoahH
12-07-2013, 01:01 PM
The HEAT are reportedly offering Joel Anthony for a guard. No way they get Shumpert. I could see them getting someone like Garrett Temple maximum

justinnum1
12-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Fat boy writes an article based on speculation, and all the kiddies come flocking to it like flies on ****.

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 01:29 PM
The HEAT are reportedly offering Joel Anthony for a guard. No way they get Shumpert. I could see them getting someone like Garrett Temple maximum

Is it possible to get a SG that can make the slightest bit of difference for that?

P&GRealist
12-07-2013, 01:48 PM
The Heat are already the most stacked team in the league. LeBron is the best player in the league, but seriously, how much more help does the guy need to win another title?

FlashBolt
12-07-2013, 02:07 PM
The Heat are already the most stacked team in the league. LeBron is the best player in the league, but seriously, how much more help does the guy need to win another title?

Lol, you sound more and more of a hater each and every post. Jordan got help. Kobe got help. If LeBron get's more help, all fine by me. Every superstar who wins HAD help. Last year, where was the help from Wade/Bosh? They were no-shows and that's why it was harder for them to win the title. If Wade/Bosh performed like we know they could, it would be easier. But whatever.. typical hater.

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 02:45 PM

Common dude, take into account Bosh plays like garbage every other game, and Wade is injured, and they are the worst rebounding team in the league. Any team with Lebron on it instantly becomes stacked. There are more than 10 teams you could move Lebron to and they would instantly become more stacked than the Heat are now. Golden State warriors who are like 9-7 right now would be more stacked than the Heat if Lebron was on the team.

ManRam
12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
The Heat kinda don't have any worthy assets. Gonna be hard for them to upgrade their team...something they might actually have to do. An "unprotected future first" is the best asset they have, and that very well could be something few teams deem valuable at all.

sep11ie
12-07-2013, 02:57 PM
heat forum

P&GRealist
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
This is probably the only website where you can call LeBron the best player in the league and still be called a hater.

Oh Lord, where are thou?

latinofire21
12-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I'd offer beno udrih. Showed flashes of sokid play butb woodsen givesnhim no butn. Udrih for birdman or oden and youhave a deal!

P&GRealist
12-07-2013, 03:22 PM
If I'm the Heat, I dangle Joel Anthony and a first rounder to Sacramento for John Salmons. I think he could be that consistent 10-12 ppg scorer at the starting 2 when hobbled Wade gets his 15-20 games a year DNPs.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
12-07-2013, 03:28 PM
Nelson or afflalo?

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
I'd offer beno udrih. Showed flashes of sokid play butb woodsen givesnhim no butn. Udrih for birdman or oden and youhave a deal!

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha hahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
If I'm the Heat, I dangle Joel Anthony and a first rounder to Sacramento for John Salmons. I think he could be that consistent 10-12 ppg scorer at the starting 2 when hobbled Wade gets his 15-20 games a year DNPs.

Id do the same deal, but try and get Tyreke Evans from the Bucks.

IKnowHoops
12-07-2013, 04:00 PM

Or they could just move Lebron to the 2.

mightybosstone
12-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I'm with other posters on this one. The Heat need a legit 5 more than they need another guard. As a Rockets fan, I would say they should make an offer for Asik, but I'm not sure Houston would covet anything the Heat could offer them. They don't need Chalmers or Cole, and Birdman would be attractive, but they would need a hell of a lot more than that for Asik.

bleedprple&gold
12-07-2013, 04:32 PM

?? Tyreke is on the Pelicans

bleedprple&gold
12-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'm with other posters on this one. The Heat need a legit 5 more than they need another guard. As a Rockets fan, I would say they should make an offer for Asik, but I'm not sure Houston would covet anything the Heat could offer them. They don't need Chalmers or Cole, and Birdman would be attractive, but they would need a hell of a lot more than that for Asik.

Bosh but I think they would need to get back more than just Asik (would have to anyway to make the salaries match)

bleedprple&gold
12-07-2013, 04:36 PM

I agree Joel Anthony is garbage and has pretty much no value. I'm sure the Heats phones have been dead silent since this report came out lol.

bleedprple&gold
12-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Heat, you want Kaman and Nash?

Haha I would give them those guys for free just to get rid of Nash. Plus the Heat could use Kaman more than us. He actually might play.

archdevil84
12-07-2013, 05:07 PM
the heat sent rashard lewis, joel anthony and james jones to the pistons. pistons send josh smith to the rockets, rockets sent asik to the heat. everyone gets what they need

ManRam
12-07-2013, 05:12 PM
the heat sent rashard lewis, joel anthony and james jones to the pistons. pistons send josh smith to the rockets, rockets sent asik to the heat. everyone gets what they need

pistons obviously say "no". they just signed smith...they aren't just gonna dump him for nothing...especially for more big men that don't fill positions of need.

latinofire21
12-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Udrih is a refined version of wade. Hes got wades killer instinct and nashes passing ability. No brainer. Lets take birdman or oden off your hands.

dodie53
12-08-2013, 01:13 AM
nash and kaman to the heat.
do it!
;)

mightybosstone
12-08-2013, 01:28 AM

Yeah, that's an absolutely god awful excuse of a trade for Detroit. Also, as a Rockets fan, I want no part of Josh Smith. I didn't want him in the offseason, and I certainly don't want him now that Dwight has signed.

FlashBolt
12-08-2013, 02:13 AM
No one wants any dump that Miami has outside of James/Wade/Bosh/Allen/Chjalmers/Battier. The only tradeable peace is Bosh. Get rid of this guy... Take Drummond for Bosh.

RipCity32
12-08-2013, 03:13 AM
No one wants any dump that Miami has outside of James/Wade/Bosh/Allen/Chjalmers/Battier. The only tradeable peace is Bosh. Get rid of this guy... Take Drummond for Bosh.

Yeah sure will just give them our 20 year old possibly franchise center for a 30 year old Bosh.

Astronaut
12-08-2013, 04:14 AM
If the Heat truly believe that they will get a starting caliber guard for a guy like Joel Anthony.. Well they must be out of their minds.

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
the heat sent rashard lewis, joel anthony and james jones to the pistons. pistons send josh smith to the rockets, rockets sent asik to the heat. everyone gets what they needLOL, what a joke. Nobody wants Lewis, Anthony is a scrub and James bleeping Jones? Really? For Josh Smith?

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
No one wants any dump that Miami has outside of James/Wade/Bosh/Allen/Chjalmers/Battier. The only tradeable peace is Bosh. Get rid of this guy... Take Drummond for Bosh.Get rid of the guy that blocked Danny Green in Game 6?

kobe4thewinbang
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Yeah sure will just give them our 20 year old possibly franchise center for a 30 year old Bosh.Bosh can hit dat 3 do

:D

NBA_Starter
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM
I wonder who will they target.