PDA

View Full Version : The Blazers and Suns Poke Fun at the Eastern Conference

JNA17
12-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Trail Blazers ✔ @trailblazers

Is it too late to join the Eastern Conference? Asking for a friend.
3:10 PM - 4 Dec 2013

Phoenix Suns ✔ @Suns

@trailblazers We asked you to keep that on the down low. That eager to get rid of us already?

Trail Blazers ✔ @trailblazers

@Suns Well played

:laugh2:

Leftcoast_yg
12-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Lol what a joke of a conference

TheNumber37
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
There's still... I don't know... 75% - 80% of the NBA season left to play.

That Joke of Conference had the champs the last two years and will likely retain the crown with Indiana.

MTar786
12-06-2013, 02:40 PM
i think he was trying to consider the conference as a whole rather than just two teams?

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Joke all they want, but there is a really good chance the East (Miami, Indiana) will be champs again, that's all that matters in the end, right?

jerellh528
12-06-2013, 02:45 PM

That Joke of Conference had the champs the last two years and will likely retain the crown with Indiana.

Conference as a whole is still a joke. Yes the best team of recent has came outta there, no fault to them but they are diamonds amongst a pile of rocks.

valade16
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
If the Pacers played in my High School league it wouldn't suddenly mean my High School league is very good, it would mean my High School league is terrible and has a really good team in it.

Jenceman
12-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Joke all they want, but there is a really good chance the East (Miami, Indiana) will be champs again, that's all that matters in the end, right?

No competition in that conference until the ECF

John Walls Era
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
If the Pacers played in my High School league it wouldn't suddenly mean my High School league is very good, it would mean my High School league is terrible and has a really good team in it.

Yes it would. They would boost the overall talent...

astonmartin10
12-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Haha good one!

naps
12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes but east still trumps the west when it matters. Regular season is for west, palyoffs are for east.

mjt20mik
12-06-2013, 05:11 PM
lol.. its true.. but the champ this year is gonna be from the east regardless :)

Heatcheck
12-06-2013, 05:14 PM
laugh all you want, the nets and knicks are ****ed up with injuries so far. Detroit and Washington, even boston have a group of talented youngsters that are gelling faster than expected, and Atlanta lost to Denver, SA, and the lakers by 2 points (like I tell my bookie, Atlanta scores points). if you think things are going to be like this all year, you have another thing coming to you.

And this isnt the first time in recent years the Blazer came out blazing (I thank you) to start the year, and then fell off like a bad bag of dope

Pakman
12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Lol now east =playoffs? What about the last decade when the lakers and spurs ruled the nba?? Two years of miami and now they're surpreme? Gtfo.

jerellh528
12-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Lol now east =playoffs? What about the last decade when the lakers and spurs ruled the nba?? Two years of miami and now they're surpreme? Gtfo.

Lol that dude naps never has any idea what he's talking about.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-06-2013, 05:50 PM
I don't know why people make fun of the east. I would love for the Lakers to be in a conference like that. All my stars would get inflated stats and we would have free passes to the conference finals. Sounds like a win win to me.

DODGERS&LAKERS
12-06-2013, 06:01 PM
This is a serious question, when a player plays against a horrible team, shouldn't his advanced stats reflect such. Like in baseball, the field a player plays at is taken into consideration when computing his stats. Since all the dimensions of courts are the same, the only variable you can put into consideration would be the competition. PER and Win Shares/48 should have a variable built in depending on who you are playing. If you are playing a great team, you numbers would reflect such. If you are playing a bad team, your numbers would reflect such. I don't think its fair to compare Russell Westbrook to Derrick Rose stat wise since Russell plays far tougher competition for the majority of the season. I going to give Hollinger a call and see if he can get the ball rolling on that.

FOBolous
12-06-2013, 06:17 PM

woow...the Joke of a Conference had 1 good team last year. good job. and to be fair, any of the top Western Conference teams probably would have the same record as Indiana if they are in the East.

Yes but east still trumps the west when it matters. Regular season is for west, palyoffs are for east.

nope. nice try. playoffs are still for the West. would you rather watch Indiana and Miami sweeping through the playoffs or a conference of elite teams battling each other?

Nycbball08
12-06-2013, 07:03 PM

No organization has won more titles than the 17-time World Champion Boston Celtics...

Supreme LA
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
No organization has won more titles than the 17-time World Champion Boston Celtics...

LOL! You're really gonna try to argue for the East by throwing that out there?

JNA17
12-06-2013, 08:02 PM

When was the last time the Celtics won a title before 2008?

Stop with that nonsense. The East is a joke and everybody knows it. Just because a team consisting of Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Ray Allen are currently two time defending champs doesn't mean THE WHOLE EAST is as good or better.

SouthSideRookie
12-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Jet
Video Guy
Grant Hill
Ernie
Shaq

would this team make the playoffs in the east?

Grant Hill think's so.

JNA17
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Jet
Video Guy
Grant Hill
Ernie
Shaq

would this team make the playoffs in the east?

Grant Hill think's so.

Replace Video guy with fat Charles Barkley and put Ernie at SG and they got a solid shot at the 6th seed!

Jet
Ernie
Grant Hill
Charlies Barkley
Shaq

That's at the very least a 7th seed team right here! :clap:

On a serious note, that team in their prime (besides Ernie obviously) would be pretty damn fun to watch.

king4day
12-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Why is anyone defending the east? 3 teams are above 500 out of 15 total. The West has 10 and another at 500. Who cares about the top heavy teams of the east. It doesn't change the fact that the rest of the conference (at this time) is weak. Portland, Phoenix, and almost any other team in the west can say whatever they want.

Maybe Miami or Indy wins it all but not before blowing through weak competition to get there.

BALLER R
12-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Y'all just always have to argue bout something huh. This isn't even debatable this is the worst the eastern conference has looked in a long time.

magic0320
12-07-2013, 03:00 PM
i am sure indy and miami fans would say same thing if they were in the west and spurs and okc were in the east getting free pass to conference finals. not gonna lie i am jealous that east is weaker wish lakers were in the east hahaha

elledaddy
12-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Fans bragging about entire conferences now? Cmon son, I m a knicks fan and we haven't won but the champions did play in the same conference so I should feel what? Proud??

RipCity32
12-07-2013, 03:58 PM
The West clearly has better teams but The 8 th seed in both conferences isn't really that far off right now.

Warriors- 11-9 Bobcats 9-11

I understand one team is over .500 and the other is not but it's still just a 2 game win difference. Every team in the west pretty much has a .500 or up record though lol.

magic0320
12-07-2013, 06:44 PM
i understand it's only two game that is difference between both 8th seeds but who would you rather play in the first round warriors or bobcats?

Eagles710
12-07-2013, 07:20 PM

This x1000

Eagles710
12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Lmao at all the western conference fans going with this .... Its very simple! stop and think for a sec

East Won last 2 titles, and theres no one in the west going to challenge Miami Or the pacers for the title this year
SO THEREFORE the Championship goes to the East for the 3rd straight year .

Unless there is some kind of different ring you get for a lot of good teams in one conference ? then you guys are the champs of that , congrats !

naps
12-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Lmao at all the western conference fans going with this .... Its very simple! stop and think for a sec

East Won last 2 titles, and theres no one in the west going to challenge Miami Or the pacers for the title this year

Unless there is some kind of different ring you get for a lot of good teams in one conference ? then you guys are the champs of that , congrats !

Exactly! It's not all but some of the specific people here who look for excuses all year long. Lakers have some of the most bitter fans in the league. Their desperation is out of this world when it comes to Kobe and their team. Shame.

SouthSideRookie
12-07-2013, 08:25 PM
The West clearly has better teams but The 8 th seed in both conferences isn't really that far off right now.

Warriors- 11-9 Bobcats 9-11

I understand one team is over .500 and the other is not but it's still just a 2 game win difference. Every team in the west pretty much has a .500 or up record though lol.

Give the Warriors the Bobcats schedule and I'm positive they would have more than 11 wins.

Indiana would have gotten rolled by San Antonio last year had they gone to the Finals. There's only one great team in the east atm.

JNA17
12-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Give the Warriors the Bobcats schedule and I'm positive they would have more than 11 wins.

Indiana would have gotten rolled by San Antonio last year had they gone to the Finals. There's only one great team in the east atm.

Hell the Spurs should have won last year had it not been for the rebound and miracle 3 by Allen.

Guppyfighter
12-08-2013, 01:39 AM
Path of least resistance usually gets the title. It's not crazy that the team in the weaker conference (in any sport) wins the title more on average.

It's a statistical fact. If you play vs weaker competition, you are more likely to advance and win it all.

FlashBolt
12-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Idk why they are making jokes when they have been losing for nearly 5 years...

Guppyfighter
12-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Idk why they are making jokes when they have been losing for nearly 5 years...

If you are talking about the Blazers, that's not true at all.

sixer04fan
12-08-2013, 03:30 AM
Lol at my fellow fans of eastern conference teams getting all defensive. I'll be the voice of reason. It's true. We suck. And we know it. Lighten up.

The eastern conference is god awful. Except for two teams, from the 3rd seed on down, it very well may be the worst collection of teams in a single conference of all time. It's flat out pitiful and embarrassing basketball being played by these teams for the most part. A collection of teams lacking talent, or tanking, or rebuilding, or fighting to be mediocre, or just being terribly mismanaged, or having ownership without a clue. Good for Portland and Phoenix making light of the situation. I thought it was funny.

Miami or Indy winning the championship doesn't make the eastern conference good. Get a clue. And that's not what this is about. This is about making fun of how terrible the rest of the teams in the conference are.

Miami can threepeat, or Indy can win 70 games, it doesn't make the rest of the conference any more respectable.

Knicks21
12-08-2013, 03:58 AM

What about the decade before that? Right now, the east have the two best teams in my opinion in the NBA, and will most likely win it all this year.

Knicks21
12-08-2013, 04:00 AM
Path of least resistance usually gets the title. It's not crazy that the team in the weaker conference (in any sport) wins the title more on average.

It's a statistical fact. If you play vs weaker competition, you are more likely to advance and win it all.

But at the end of the day, the east team who supposedly had a breeze through the playoffs beats the west team who are more playoff tested with hard fought wins. Its not logical to think that way because it is subject to variables.

Knicks21
12-08-2013, 04:05 AM
This is a serious question, when a player plays against a horrible team, shouldn't his advanced stats reflect such. Like in baseball, the field a player plays at is taken into consideration when computing his stats. Since all the dimensions of courts are the same, the only variable you can put into consideration would be the competition. PER and Win Shares/48 should have a variable built in depending on who you are playing. If you are playing a great team, you numbers would reflect such. If you are playing a bad team, your numbers would reflect such. I don't think its fair to compare Russell Westbrook to Derrick Rose stat wise since Russell plays far tougher competition for the majority of the season. I going to give Hollinger a call and see if he can get the ball rolling on that.

This screams Kobe > Lebron.

FlashBolt
12-08-2013, 04:09 AM
If you are talking about the Blazers, that's not true at all.

Losing=No expectations at all. They have been losing. No one cared about the Blazers until this year and when Roy got injured. They act as if they are a big market team.. They need to stop acting cocky because they just only entered the top 5 teams of NBA. And IDK why Suns are all happy.. They have nothing to cheer for other than Bledsoe being amazing.

Pierre The Poet
12-08-2013, 04:20 AM
The Eastern conference is weak and the east people know it. But when the Heat have to play the Bucks and the Bulls without Rose and Deng before seeing ANY competition whatsover, it makes their playoff hopes that much easier. For example, when OKC went to the finals they had to go up against a good Mavericks team, a good Lakers team, a really good Spurs team, and then the Heat. West teams are much more worn out by the time they get to the finals.

Guppyfighter
12-08-2013, 04:24 AM
But at the end of the day, the east team who supposedly had a breeze through the playoffs beats the west team who are more playoff tested with hard fought wins. Its not logical to think that way because it is subject to variables.

It's completely logical to think that. If you ran a 10,000 simulations the teams with the hardest paths win less because they are more subject to blow outs. If Heat and Pacers don't ace double digit percentage chance to be eliminated until the ECF then it makes sense one of these two teams will be favorites to win with each west facing double digit percentage chance to be eliminated each time through.

RipCity32
12-08-2013, 04:39 AM
The Eastern conference is weak and the east people know it. But when the Heat have to play the Bucks and the Bulls without Rose and Deng before seeing ANY competition whatsover, it makes their playoff hopes that much easier. For example, when OKC went to the finals they had to go up against a good Mavericks team, a good Lakers team, a really good Spurs team, and then the Heat. West teams are much more worn out by the time they get to the finals.

The Heat have had to go though brutal 7 game series to get to the finals as well the last couple of years.

jerellh528
12-08-2013, 05:00 AM
Lol @ the eastern conference fans trying to stick up for it. They were talking about the confrence as a whole. Which sucks, not the only two teams that are any good, or even above .500 for that matter

ryder78c
12-08-2013, 06:50 AM
The East had to team up there all star team to win a title lol

ryder78c
12-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Losing=No expectations at all. They have been losing. No one cared about the Blazers until this year and when Roy got injured. They act as if they are a big market team.. They need to stop acting cocky because they just only entered the top 5 teams of NBA. And IDK why Suns are all happy.. They have nothing to cheer for other than Bledsoe being amazing.

Coming from a guy who is a fan of a stolen franchise lmao GTHOH with that we beat you the other day same with the pacers you guys will be lucky to stick with us

Goose17
12-08-2013, 12:26 PM
The East is weak. End of.

Two high-caliber teams doesn't make your conference strong, Miami could win every title for the next 100 years, if the rest of the East is still playing this poor then it is still the weakest conference.

WES KOAST
12-08-2013, 01:33 PM
don't matter, I got pacers/spurs