PDA

View Full Version : Best NBA Game You've Witnessed in Person

NoahH
12-05-2013, 09:55 PM
What's the best NBA game you've ever witnessed live at the actual event? Just curious about some of the games people have been to.

For me it would have to be March 25/2011. Portland v. San Antonio. Portland was down 4 with like 20 seconds to go and Parker / Ginobili coughed up backup turnovers to set Batum up for a buzzer-beating tip in. The crowd was NUTS!

Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Hn_dEuQoM

lukass
12-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I traveled to Indy from Detroit with a friend and witnessed the greatest block in playoff history when Tayshaun rained on Reggie Millers parade. I think the final score was like 71-67. Defense galore! 28 combined blocks.

marvILLous
12-05-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EftfRUCncwY

i was so sad that day

Hellcrooner
12-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Early in the season Knicks vs Suns at the MSG ( barkley vs ewing) in the 90s.

Best as in ONLY one ive watched.

I got to watch DREAM TEAM 92 in person twice tough.

spl3nda
12-05-2013, 11:18 PM
I've only seen a handful of NBA games in person, and moved away from NY a few years back so I don't get a chance to see Knicks games in person often anyways. But the best game i've been to was when I flew back east to see my family and decided to go to a Knicks Nets game at MSG. It just so happen to be the birth of Linsanity when he came off the bench and went off. The whole arena went crazy, I saw Nets fans become Lin fans by the end of it, and the crowd chanting this nobody's name was pretty nuts.

lol, please
12-06-2013, 03:19 AM
When Curry dropped 50 on the Rockets in Houston in a 40 point margin Dubs win blowout. Oh wait, that's this Friday, you guys don't know about that one yet. Sorry.

John Walls Era
12-06-2013, 03:31 AM
Preseason last year: Wolves vs Pistons at MTS Center :laugh:

black1605
12-06-2013, 03:53 AM
I was 7 years old:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN4FgHajfTg

Utd7
12-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Kobe scores 39 and becomes the fastest player to reach 15,000 points in his career. It was a December, matinee affair between the Lakers and Knicks at MSG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTbcBYOmXI

MTar786
12-06-2013, 02:43 PM
game 4 kings at lakers 2002 western conference finals. was right there when hoary bailed us out. amazing! i don't think anyone here is gonna be able to top mine btw

Joshtd1
12-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Took a road trip with my buddy from San Antonio to Oakland just to go to game 6 of the Spurs-Warriors playoff game last year. Was crazy, had to have been maybe no more than 10 Spurs fans in the arena. The energy/crowd was electric. Glad the Spurs were able to close out and make the trip worthwhile.

Joshtd1
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Was also in LA for a Spurs-Clips game. Spurs down 3 and the Clips turned the ball over and Gary Neal made a game tying 3 to send it in to OT and the Spurs eventually went on to win the game.

TheMightyHumph
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Game 4 2004 EC semi-finals. Nets tied series at 2-2, Kidd, triple-double, Kenyon Martin acting like a madman. I got to scream every obscenity that I've screaming at Larry Brown on TV over the years to Larry in person

Jenceman
12-06-2013, 03:06 PM
My first ever Laker game was game 2 of the 2001 playoffs against the Blazers, were they went on the greatest playoff run ever (15-1). That was amazing seeing the beginnings of that.

D-Leethal
12-06-2013, 03:12 PM
First game I ever went to was a Knicks - Lakers game in LA. Kobe's rookie year I'm pretty sure and he barely played. Knicks won in a Double OT thriller

LOS ANGELES (Reuter) - Patrick Ewing, coming off his worst
game of the season, saved his best for last Sunday and scored 10
points in the second overtime as the New York Knicks outlasted
the Los Angeles Lakers 127-121.

Ewing, who had seven points on 1-of-8 shooting in Friday's
84-64 loss at Seattle, scored 34 points and pulled down 25
rebounds -- both season highs for the All Star -- to help the
Knicks (40-15) post their eighth win in nine games.

Ewing took charge after the Knicks blew a 10-point lead in
the final three minutes of regulation. In the last two minutes
of the game, he had five points, two rebounds and a block.
``I was disappointed that we blew the lead, but I'm happy we
got the win,'' Ewing said. ``We could've blown the lead and lost
and that would have been worse, but it was a hard-fought game
and we did what we had to do to get the win.

``I told Jeff (head coach Van Gundy) and the rest of the
coaching staff to give me the damn ball (in OT).''

Elden Campbell, filling in at center for the injured
Shaquille O'Neal, had a career-high 40 points and 10 rebounds
for the Lakers (38-16), who have lost three of four and fell
one-half game behind Seattle for the Pacific Division lead.

A Campbell bucket gave the Lakers their last lead, but he
fouled out as Ewing converted a three-point play with 1:14 to go
that put New York ahead 122-121.

``We just kept battling, we just ran out of bodies,'' Lakers
guard Byron Scott said.

I was lucky enough to get gifted courtside tix for this one with 3 of my buddies and my pops. 2006 triple OT win vs Detroit. Rip had 52, Marbury dropped 41, Crawford went ham in triple OT, ridiculous buzzer beater from Channing Frye to force the 3rd OT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlY2ogNprw

This one probably takes the cake though - Melo's Easter 3 point barrage vs the Bulls. Pretty sure it was voted top 5 game of the year for the entire NBA and it was a game we were down 5 with like 30 seconds to go and looked dead in the water the entire 4th and OT. Rose bricking 2 FTs and Melo hitting 2 miracle 3s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9neM8by1SQ

Pablonovi
12-10-2013, 03:52 AM
[SNIP]

I got to watch DREAM TEAM 92 in person twice tough.

Hey crooner,
You have got to be kidding; wow.

I'm gonna envy you for the rest of my life (I might not last that long, I'm already in my mid-60's; but I'll make up for the shortness by being INCREDIBLE JEALOUS OF YOU EVERY SECOND OF THAT TIME.

Pablonovi
12-10-2013, 04:03 AM
I've only seen maybe a dozen NBA games in person (maybe two ABA games); and all of them were decades ago; so long ago that I don't remember anything much about any of them; EXCEPT

I saw Bill Walton play once.
so I beat all of you! (just being silly).

I "met" Wilt Chamberlain once. At an NBA game in San Diego. I got stuck, waiting to go to the refreshment stand at half-time; and there he was, in a seat, inches away from me, about as tall as me, and I was standing ! We made eye contact. He gave me a smile and a wink. I couldn't make my mouth work.

I "met" Bill Walton once (30 seconds, crossing paths in Balboa Park, San Diego; him on a bicycle that looked tiny under him; me in the middle of a 4-6 hour run). I did much better with Big Red; I said "Hi". He said "Hi"; and waited for more. My mouth stopped working.

Well, at least I have the guts or stupidity to admit I blew both those chances to talk more with them.

Sadds The Gr8
12-10-2013, 04:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRtYc17b8k

TheMightyHumph
12-10-2013, 04:13 AM
I've only seen maybe a dozen NBA games in person (maybe two ABA games); and all of them were decades ago; so long ago that I don't remember anything much about any of them; EXCEPT

I saw Bill Walton play once.
so I beat all of you! (just being silly).

I "met" Wilt Chamberlain once. At an NBA game in San Diego. I got stuck, waiting to go to the refreshment stand at half-time; and there he was, in a seat, inches away from me, about as tall as me, and I was standing ! We made eye contact. He gave me a smile and a wink. I couldn't make my mouth work.

I "met" Bill Walton once (30 seconds, crossing paths in Balboa Park, San Diego; him on a bicycle that looked tiny under him; me in the middle of a 4-6 hour run). I did much better with Big Red; I said "Hi". He said "Hi"; and waited for more. My mouth stopped working.

Well, at least I have the guts or stupidity to admit I blew both those chances to talk more with them.

I shook Jukius' hand across the street from my apartment in midtown Manhattan in the spting of '77. I was too flabbergasted to say anything other that "I'm your biggest fan" while shaking his hand that was 3 times bigger than mine.

I felt embarrassed and just wanted to get away, but needless to say, it is one of the highlights of my life.

Julius was TRULY a class act.

Pablonovi
12-10-2013, 08:01 AM
I shook Jukius' hand across the street from my apartment in midtown Manhattan in the spting of '77. I was too flabbergasted to say anything other that "I'm your biggest fan" while shaking his hand that was 3 times bigger than mine.

I felt embarrassed and just wanted to get away, but needless to say, it is one of the highlights of my life.

Julius was TRULY a class act.

Hey MightOne,
We behaved like twins !
You got to shake hands with the Doc. Damn that is totally awesome. And you said 4 words; crushing me with my 1 word or less !

Yes, everything I've EVER seen of him or read/heard about him; it's always the same:
CLASS ACT.
Thanx for sharing that.

hidalgo
12-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Pacers vs Mavericks, 2009. only nba game I've seen live, but it was good, huge shots in the last min, & Dirk hit a game winning jumper with 1.1 sec left

http://youtu.be/QaucITrlBn8

Method28
12-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Was also in LA for a Spurs-Clips game. Spurs down 3 and the Clips turned the ball over and Gary Neal made a game tying 3 to send it in to OT and the Spurs eventually went on to win the game.

Was at this game as well.

Best one for me waa CP3s buzzer beater last playoffs on Tony Allen.

bagwell368
12-10-2013, 08:59 AM
May 3rd 1981 - ECF Game 7 Bos 91 76'ers 90

Best ECF of all time easily, final game.

Best college game?

2/22/71 Umass (86) beats Syracuse (71) and Julius Erving pulls down 32 rebounds.

jvs666
12-10-2013, 09:36 AM
1995 - Bulls vs Knicks... .Jordan came back from retirement to drop 55 pts on the knicks.

Everyone knows this game as his " Double-Nickel". My buddy and I walked down as far as we could and watched the end of the game from real close... The Garden was pumping..

hidalgo
12-10-2013, 10:33 AM
1995 - Bulls vs Knicks... .Jordan came back from retirement to drop 55 pts on the knicks.

Everyone knows this game as his " Double-Nickel". My buddy and I walked down as far as we could and watched the end of the game from real close... The Garden was pumping..awesome. winner thus far. wish i'd have seen MJ play live. I should have made sure to at least get to 1 of the Pacers vs Bulls playoff games in 98. epic series that was

vitamins_
12-10-2013, 10:57 AM
raps vs sixers game 3 when vince carter dropped 50. Crazy game.

ILMindState
12-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I was in San Francisco last week for work and decided to go to the Warriors vs. Raptors game. I'm from Chicago and the cost of sitting in the 100's in Oracle is less than sitting in the 300's in the UC so I couldn't pass up that opportunity. Came back down from 27 points, that crowd is hype too!

My favorite Bulls game I've ever been to is Game 1 of the ECF vs. the Heat a couple years ago when we Taj dunked on Wade and had a nasty tip in dunk. Killed em by 20+ too bad that was our only win of the series.

Kyle N.
12-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Kings vs Grizzlies in 2010. The game wasn't anything special up until the end. And then this happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEDsl4aBnjY

Crazy stuff. It still feels surreal.

True Sports Fan
12-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Best game I've seen was the Kings/Lakers double overtime game in 2010. Best highlight was definitely this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cch6iu6SfE

Pablonovi
12-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Kings vs Grizzlies in 2010. The game wasn't anything special up until the end. And then this happened...

Hey Kyle N.,
Thanx ever so much for sharing this.
That 10 seconds (0:06-0:16) IS surreal ! Wowie, Zowie.

Pablonovi
12-12-2013, 09:08 AM

Hey Kyle N.,
Are you old enough to remember the saying that was, at some time in the past, seemingly the most-oft repeated one in the NBA? "Nothin' But The Bottom Of The New !"

I haven't hear this saying in ages; but this, if you look up in an encyclopedia this phrase, they'll link to this video ! Just stupendous, awesome, kicks-serious-A !

Can I claim that I saw this game on tv? Who knows, maybe I did? Maybe I will even if I didn't (hehe)

Pablonovi
12-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Best game I've seen was the Kings/Lakers double overtime game in 2010. Best highlight was definitely this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cch6iu6SfE

Hey True Spots Fan,
Half-court set; 1 on 3? No Contest !
How amazing is it that your video immediately follows Kyle N.'s ?!!

pelmen84
12-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Best game i have seen in person was Bulls vs Celtics 3OT first round playoffs couple years back. Lost my voice :)

Pablonovi
12-14-2013, 01:31 AM
You all suck! I don't think I ever saw a truly great game in person; and if I did; I've forgotten it. Therefore,
You all suck!
(hehe)