PDA

View Full Version : Nets GM Billy King traded Damien Lillard for Gerald Wallace

KniCks4LiFe
12-05-2013, 04:26 AM
think about that for a second. He's still employed at an NBA front office after that?

east fb knicks
12-05-2013, 04:29 AM
meh the great isiah Thomas once traded noah for eddy donuts curry and gave up two more first round draft picks

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 04:40 AM
think about that for a second. He's still employed at an NBA front office after that?

No he did not.

1. Billy King did not trade Damian Lillard. The Nets never had Lillard, but I'm guessing you're talking about the pick we sent to Portland for Wallace? BK had to show Deron Williams that he was serious about winning now and make some moves to get some players and at that point Gerald Wallace was still a great defensive, athletic forward who could really run the floor.

2. We had Deron Williams, we weren't going to draft another point guard. That would just show Deron that we're ready to move on so there'd be no chance to re-sign him. The Nets wanted Henson.

I'm so sick and tired of people saying this. We did not trade Damian Lillard for Gerald Wallace.

KniCks4LiFe
12-05-2013, 04:49 AM
I'm so sick and tired of people saying this. We did not trade Damian Lillard for Gerald Wallace.

you kinda did.

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:14 AM
you kinda did.

I'm pretty sure you acknowledge the fact that Damian Lillard was never on the Nets.

Now going on your logic of A led to B which led to C so A=C, explain to me why the Nets would have drafted Damian Lillard.

1. The Nets already had their PG of the future.

2. The Nets really wanted Henson.

east fb knicks
12-05-2013, 05:33 AM
I'm pretty sure you acknowledge the fact that Damian Lillard was never on the Nets.

Now going on your logic of A led to B which led to C so A=C, explain to me why the Nets would have drafted Damian Lillard.

1. The Nets already had their PG of the future.

2. The Nets really wanted Henson.

technically he did trade lillard i'm sure the nets would take lilliard or barnes over Wallace but what ever

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:34 AM
technically he did trade lillard i'm sure the nets would take lilliard or barnes over Wallace but what ever

What the Blazers do with their pick is out of the Nets' hands. What you're saying is the Nets owned the rights to every player in the draft and just traded whoever the Blazers picked. The Nets traded a pick to Portland. Portland used that pick to pick Lillard. That doesn't mean the Nets traded Lillard away.

The Nets would have selected Lillard when they are trying to convince DWILL to stay? That's not exactly the greatest logic in the world.

The Nets wanted Henson.

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:37 AM

No that is clearly wrong. If the Nets wanted to take Lillard or Barnes over Wallace, they wouldn't have traded for Wallace.

If Billy King would have really drafted Lillard while trying to convince DWILL to stay, he's big far the biggest idiot in any FO in any sport.

That's like the Knicks trying to convince Melo to stay, only to draft Jabari Parker.

MonroeFAN
12-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Damien Lillard quickly becoming overrated

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2013, 05:44 AM
lol Knicks fan talking about horrible trades with picks involved :laugh:

xabial
12-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Meh.. Whats worse than that trade is this team's draft debts.

2014 Celtics/Hawks Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 first-round pick and Atlanta's 2014 first-round pick to Boston.

2015 Hawks Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 first-round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 first-round pick

2016 Celtics Brooklyn's unprotected 2016 first-round pick to Boston.

2017 Celtics Boston has the right to swap its 2017 first-round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 first-round pick

2018 Brooklyn's unprotected 2018 first-round pick to Boston.

This team's debts is making me cringe.. They don't have full ownership of their 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 ,2018 first round draft picks... WOW..

tapajafri
12-05-2013, 06:10 AM

I highly doubt that. With Deron Williams still basically brand new, why would they draft another PG when Harrison Barnes was sitting there and they had more pressing needs at SF? They could've even taken a chance on Drummond since picks 5-10 in most NBA drafts are up in the air.

tapajafri
12-05-2013, 06:14 AM
I could care less about the knicks, nets, or the entire east coast for that matter.... but i sure can detect some overblown bias when it's this obvious. A knicks fan starting a thread about a brooklyn nets blunder? And trying to twist the facts to fool people into thinking the nets actually drafted Lillard? Lol...ok... an obvious and biased lie.

Who says the Nets would have drafted Lillard? And just for the record, lets say they WOULD HAVE drafted Lillard... it still doesn't change the fact that the thread title says "NETS TRADED LILLARD" when that factually did not happen.

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 06:23 AM
Meh.. Whats worse than that trade is this team's draft debts.

2014 Celtics/Hawks Brooklyn will convey the less favorable of its 2014 first-round pick and Atlanta's 2014 first-round pick to Boston.

2015 Hawks Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 first-round pick for Brooklyn's 2015 first-round pick

2016 Celtics Brooklyn's unprotected 2016 first-round pick to Boston.

2017 Celtics Boston has the right to swap its 2017 first-round pick for Brooklyn's 2017 first-round pick

2018 Brooklyn's unprotected 2018 first-round pick to Boston.

This team's debts is making me cringe.. They don't have full ownership of their 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 ,2018 first round draft picks... WOW..

The reason for this is because billy king figures the Nets wont sniff the lottery anytime soon due to their market, arena, and owner barring massive injuries.

Asik's better
12-05-2013, 06:58 AM
It's still a bad trade. Barnes, Drummond, jones, Henson, Nicholson and sunlinger all would be more helpful than Wallace/boston 3. Add that to the joe Johnson trade and jason Kidd hiring, king needs to go for the nets sake.

sep11ie
12-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Well the Knicks basically traded James Harden to the Rockets then.

odiz
12-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Damien Lillard quickly becoming overrated

Tell me about it. Shooting 39%, barely a 2/1 A/TO ratio and he is below average defensively.

king4day
12-05-2013, 09:09 AM
The Suns traded Rondo to Boston. The Suns traded Deng to the Bulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rmUZQrvF5o

We've had these discussions before...

/thread