PDA

View Full Version : 8 players or teams you wish you could have seen in person

DreamShaker
12-05-2013, 02:21 AM
My wife and I play games or trivia on the long car rides to see our families and she asked me this question the other day. So what about you guys? Also list the players or teams you have seen that you are glad you did.

Lakers + Giants
12-05-2013, 02:32 AM
1. Showtime Lakers (obviously homer pick but I was born in 92 so. . . )
2. Wilt
3. Jordan
4. Kobe-Shaq Lakers
5. Kareem
6. Big 0
7. Dr. J and Moses Malone (76ers)
8. Wilt vs Kareem - I know I already named each individually but watching them face each other? :drool:

hidalgo
12-05-2013, 02:37 AM
guys I never saw live i'd like to have seen(really only seen Dirk Nowitzki play live, that's HOF worthy)

Michael Jordan & his Bulls. I watched a ton of games through the 6 titles, WGN etc,, but never went & saw a game live

LeBron James, gotta see him before his prime is over & he's gone (happens fast folks, except for kb seems like will never go away, he can't go fast enough as far as i'm concerned, so pukey sick of him)

Larry Bird. never really saw him play much. I started watchin when he was in his last 2 or 3 years, but didn't start watching A LOT until 92-93 when he was gone

wilt. way way way before my time. I think he'd be great any era. well ahead of his time

Magic. I saw him play a bit, the finals against the bulls in 91, & his 96 comeback, but that's about it

Shaq on the magic would have been cool to see, or the first 2 heat years. didn't like him on the lakers cause he gave kobe 3 free titles(bloated)

Olajuwon

Shawn Kemp

Lakers + Giants
12-05-2013, 02:40 AM
After seeing hidalgo's list I cant believe I forgot lebron. **** it, my list has 9 :p

DreamShaker
12-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Here are my choices:

Players or teams I wish I could have seen in person in no order:

1. Michael Jordan's Bulls. I would prefer the 96 season because I'm a huge Kukoc and Rodman fan, and that was the 72 win season.
2. Wilt Chamberlain- I would love to have been in the arena for the 100 point game, obviously, but any game of prime Wilt would have been awesome.
3. Shaq- On the Magic with Penny in 95. Even though my guys played them in the Finals, I loved that team. Shaq, Penny, 3D, Anderson, Grant, and those guys would have been cool to see.
4. Russell's Celtics. When Cousy was there. Would be cool to see that style of basketball in person and further understand how the game has evolved. I love watching any film I can access to those days, and seeing it live would have been awesome.
5. Bird's Celtics. 86 season. Probably need no explanation on that one.
6. Showtime Lakers- Any season, but 85 or 87 would have been ideal.
7. Allen Iverson- No idea why I didn't see him when I could. His prime was a crazy part of my life, so I didn't see any games. But he played full throttle every night and was endlessly fun to watch.
8. Fo Fo Fo Sixers- Loved that team. Moses Malone is one of my all-time favorites and Dr. J is person would be sweet as well.

Honorable mention: Run TMC, Charles Barkley, Oscar Robertson, 93 Hornets, Nique.

Guys I'm glad I did see:
Hakeem
Drexler
Reggie Miller
Robert Parish
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Robert Horry (those 94 and 95 teams in general, but Horry was my favorite besides Clyde and Dream as a kid)
Patrick Ewing
John Starks
Steve Nash and the SSOL Suns
Pau Gasol
Kyrie Irving
Ricky Rubio
Anthony Davis
Damian Lillard
Chris Paul
Grant Hill
Blake Griffin
Dirk
Vince Carter
Harden
Howard
Yao
T-Mac
Steve Francis
Mutombo

DreamShaker
12-05-2013, 02:52 AM
After seeing hidalgo's list I cant believe I forgot lebron. **** it, my list has 9 :p

Lol. I'm going to try to catch the Heat-Rockets later this season. It's on a Tuesday, so that's the only hurdle. Also going to see the Thunder next month. I'm gonna try to catch as many star players as I can now that I live back near Houston.

Lakers + Giants
12-05-2013, 03:00 AM
Lol. I'm going to try to catch the Heat-Rockets later this season. It's on a Tuesday, so that's the only hurdle. Also going to see the Thunder next month. I'm gonna try to catch as many star players as I can now that I live back near Houston.

Damn, pretty damn jealous, getting to see Bron and KD :drool:

Best players I've ever seen in person are Kobe, Gasol, Melo, Gilbert Arenas (was at the game where he dropped 60 on us :laugh2:), and Curry.

For soccer I have seen Messi and Ronaldo tho :)

Great list btw, I wanted to put bird, russell and the celtics on my list but my laker pride got in the way.

GunFactor187
12-05-2013, 03:05 AM
1. Yao Ming for sure.
2. Shaq
3. Bad Boys Pistons
4. Prime Ben Wallace
5. The Tim Duncan/David Robinson duo
6. The Charlotte Hornets (Alonzo Mourning/Larry Johnson/Muggsy Bogues)
7. Charles Barkley
8. Michael Jordan

Asik's better
12-05-2013, 04:01 AM
1. Houston and the dream during the championship years (homer pick).
2. MJ
3. Kobe and Shaq lakers
3. Prime Tmac and Yao
4. mutombo- my favourite player of all time.
5. Wilt
6. Current day heat
7. AI
8. Any game in Australia, honestly, they put a game in Mexico City and the philipenes before Australia. At least in Australia our stadiums don't catch on fire. Sorry, rant over.

IKnowHoops
12-05-2013, 04:39 AM
Guys I never saw in order
The absolute prime versions
1.Wilt
2.Oscar
3.Pistol Pete
4.Nate Archibauld
5.Adrian Dantley
6.Dr. J
7.Moses Malone
8.KAJ

Guys I have seen
Absolute Prime
1.Lebron
2.DRob
3.Jordan
4.TMac
5.Iverson
6.Shaq
7.Vince Carter
8.Tim Hardaway

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:16 AM
1. Yao Ming for sure.
2. Shaq
3. Bad Boys Pistons
4. Prime Ben Wallace
5. The Tim Duncan/David Robinson duo
6. The Charlotte Hornets (Alonzo Mourning/Larry Johnson/Muggsy Bogues)
7. Charles Barkley
8. Michael Jordan

Random question, have you ever been to an NBA game?

GunFactor187
12-05-2013, 05:28 AM
Random question, have you ever been to an NBA game?

Yes I have, but only in this modern era. Growing up in a household with immigrant parents, I didn't grow into the American sports culture right away. I had to get into it myself, plus when I was younger, money didn't come easy so I could never afford tickets to games. Now that I'm older and I work and get some moolah in my pockets I could actually go to games.

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:41 AM
Yes I have, but only in this modern era. Growing up in a household with immigrant parents, I didn't grow into the American sports culture right away. I had to get into it myself, plus when I was younger, money didn't come easy so I could never afford tickets to games. Now that I'm older and I work and get some moolah in my pockets I could actually go to games.

Oh I see I see.

As for your list, I can def understand why people would want to watch those guys play, but David Robinson was on his decline when Timmy D appeared in SA.

Now those two in their prime? Damn.

WaDe03
12-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Wish I could see
1.Jordan
2.Magic
3.Kobe
4.Iverson
5.Dominique
6.Bird
7.Dr. J
8.Bernard King

Glad I've gotten to see Wade in his prime.

Will get to see Wade again, LeBron, Bosh, Paul George, Hibbert, David West, and the rest of their teams Tuesday. Hopefully Wade plays.

WaDe03
12-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Also forgot I've seen the Celtics big 3 and the Hawks Joe Johnson, Josh Smith days play against each other too