PDA

View Full Version : Pacers @ Spurs Dec. 7

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Who yall got?

I'm taking a roll call for the people in this thread b4 the game starts.

Sactown
12-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Who yall got?

I'm taking a roll call for the people in this thread b4 the game starts.
Spurs by 3

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Spurs by 3

Spurs by 13

ThaDubs
12-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Pacers 14

Cal827
12-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Pacers by 2

On a side note, where is the Knicks-Nets "Who is going to suck less tomorrow" thread :jumpy:

P&GRealist
12-05-2013, 01:00 AM
Game will be postponed by smoke.

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Pacers by 2

On a side note, where is the Knicks-Nets "Who is going to suck less tomorrow" thread :jumpy:

hahahahahahaahahahaah

kobe4thewinbang
12-05-2013, 01:09 AM
Who yall got?

I'm taking a roll call for the people in this thread b4 the game starts.It should be a good game. But SA has been losing some close games lately. I say Indiana retains their dominant play.

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM
It should be a good game. But SA has been losing some close games lately. I say Indiana retains their dominant play.

have the pacers beat any +.500 team? let the trend continue. unless im wrong lol

Furymaker
12-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Spurs , Kawhi will shutdown PG , Parker will have a field day , while Duncan can still handle some Hibbert

kobe4thewinbang
12-05-2013, 01:23 AM
have the pacers beat any +.500 team? let the trend continue. unless im wrong lolHa, yeah. I just hope it will be a good game, and I like seeing the Spurs win, so we'll find out!

P&GRealist
12-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Ha, yeah. I just hope it will be a good game, and I like seeing the Spurs win, so we'll find out!

"That Lakers/Celtics fan" is now a Spurs fan too?

WTF?!

Romo2Bryant
12-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Spurs by 1. Tony Parker makes the game-winning shot. 102 - 103

PacersForLife
12-05-2013, 03:28 AM
have the pacers beat any +.500 team? let the trend continue. unless im wrong lol

Yes actually. They beat LAC and Memphis. Only two teams, but yeah. Matter of fact, unless I missed something while looking each team's schedule over, the Spurs have only beat 4 +.500 teams.

We've had so much trouble with the Spurs over the years, but I think this team will be prepared this time around. I'll say Pacers by 3. I'm expecting a good game either way.

NoahH
12-05-2013, 04:08 AM
Blazers come in and beat both teams by 5

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Blazers come in and beat both teams by 5

and then get swept come playoffs lol

SPURSFAN1
12-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Yes actually. They beat LAC and Memphis. Only two teams, but yeah. Matter of fact, unless I missed something while looking each team's schedule over, the Spurs have only beat 4 +.500 teams.

We've had so much trouble with the Spurs over the years, but I think this team will be prepared this time around. I'll say Pacers by 3. I'm expecting a good game either way.

Yeah. It's going to be a good game. Spurs with plenty of rest. We might start off slow since no games played the past 4 days, but then we pick it up in the third and fourth. Competitive game all around.

koreancabbage
12-05-2013, 07:42 AM
more importantly, in the first matchup of the season: Heat Pacers December 10.....

i'm going to that game and the thing is almost sold out. bought me a "cheap" ticket for $144 lol lower bowl

MonroeFAN
12-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Should be a good game. I'll take IND.

kdspurman
12-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Spurs... Especially since they now have several days off lol. I think the home team wins each game. We usually play Indy well. I'll say Spurs by 11

kobe4thewinbang
12-06-2013, 01:22 AM
"That Lakers/Celtics fan" is now a Spurs fan too?

WTF?!Ha, I've always liked the Spurs. You have to respect what the Spurs organization has achieved. That doesn't mean I am not smiling when the Lakers take them down every few years, but I would also like to see the Celtics take on the Spurs in the NBA Finals. Sadly, I don't think it will happen soon.

sunsfan88
12-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Ha, I've always liked the Spurs. You have to respect what the Spurs organization has achieved. That doesn't mean I am not smiling when the Lakers take them down every few years, but I would also like to see the Celtics take on the Spurs in the NBA Finals. Sadly, I don't think it will happen soon.

How do you like the Lakers and Celtics?

That's like liking NC and Duke. Or Kobe and LeBron.

SugeKnight
12-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Ill take the spurs at home

jacquewho?
12-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Spurs always play us well at home for some reason, but I'm hoping that trend goes away.

All in all, I wanted to go 3-2 on this west coast road trip from the Pacers. If we can still pull out one win between OKC and San Antonio, I will be very happy.

D-Leethal
12-07-2013, 12:19 AM
I like the Spurs matchup here. Should be a pleasure of a game to watch either way though. Kawai is pretty much physically designed to guard a guy like Paul George. I think Spurs passing and potent offense will win out over the Pacers D, and I think the Spurs can make the Pacers life very difficult with their own defense.

mightybosstone
12-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I like the Pacers in this one. I saw San Antonio against Houston, and they just did not seem like the same team. Duncan has started the season playing like a shell of himself, and they need vintage Duncan to slow down that Pacers' front court. However, this is also a Pacers team that doesn't exactly score at a high rate, so if the Pacers can put together a solid offensive run early no, I don't think Indiana has the firepower to catch up.

Being in San Antonio obviously matters, but I'd still pick the Pacers by five.

Chacarron
12-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Spurs by 10.

JayW_1023
12-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Hopefully the Spurs. It'll be a scrap. This one's for the purists.

kdspurman
12-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I like the Pacers in this one. I saw San Antonio against Houston, and they just did not seem like the same team. Duncan has started the season playing like a shell of himself, and they need vintage Duncan to slow down that Pacers' front court. However, this is also a Pacers team that doesn't exactly score at a high rate, so if the Pacers can put together a solid offensive run early no, I don't think Indiana has the firepower to catch up.

Being in San Antonio obviously matters, but I'd still pick the Pacers by five.

Your basing it off how they played 1 game against Houston? Duncan did just fine against Dwight (outplaying him again) and if you look at his last few games, he's doing just fine lol. It was a shooting slump to start the season and him not being 100% healthy. People tend to just look at the box scores, #'s and you just can't do that. (in some cases)

Against Houston, they got down early playing sloppy and not defending the 3. They lost Diaw to a dislocated finger that game (who has been instrumental this year) and were able to catch up. They just couldn't score when needed, failing to capitalize on several chances to put the Rockets team down, IE missing open 3's, Parker missing a layup, etc...

I get you picking Indy cause they're a great team, but because of how they looked 1 game against Houston? Idk about that. Every team has off nights.

JayW_1023
12-07-2013, 01:41 PM
If he's healthy now, they should stick BONNER! on Hibbert, drive him away from the rim.

Still the most impactful one-trick pony in the league.

IDOHERBETTER
12-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Kawhi getting picked a part by Boy George. Can't believe some of y'all picked a role player over TMAC jr.

P&GRealist
12-07-2013, 11:22 PM
Well then.

Carbine15
12-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Looks like PG ripped the Spurs up.

mightybosstone
12-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Your basing it off how they played 1 game against Houston? Duncan did just fine against Dwight (outplaying him again) and if you look at his last few games, he's doing just fine lol. It was a shooting slump to start the season and him not being 100% healthy. People tend to just look at the box scores, #'s and you just can't do that. (in some cases)

Against Houston, they got down early playing sloppy and not defending the 3. They lost Diaw to a dislocated finger that game (who has been instrumental this year) and were able to catch up. They just couldn't score when needed, failing to capitalize on several chances to put the Rockets team down, IE missing open 3's, Parker missing a layup, etc...

I get you picking Indy cause they're a great team, but because of how they looked 1 game against Houston? Idk about that. Every team has off nights.

I didn't pick Indy solely off that one game against Houston. I've seen bits and pieces of other Spurs games, and this does not seem like the same Tim Duncan from last year. I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight, but considering the Pacers' three front court players put up 60 points and 22 rebounds, I'm guessing Duncan's impact wasn't felt too much on the defensive end. He certainly didn't have a game to write home about offensively.

I still think it's way too early to rule out Duncan and this Spurs team. Hell, they still have the second best record in the West. But if Duncan doesn't make substantial improvements from what he's done statistically this season, this Spurs team will not be the same team from a season ago.

lakerfan85
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
I didn't pick Indy solely off that one game against Houston. I've seen bits and pieces of other Spurs games, and this does not seem like the same Tim Duncan from last year. I didn't get a chance to watch the game tonight, but considering the Pacers' three front court players put up 60 points and 22 rebounds, I'm guessing Duncan's impact wasn't felt too much on the defensive end. He certainly didn't have a game to write home about offensively.

I still think it's way too early to rule out Duncan and this Spurs team. Hell, they still have the second best record in the West. But if Duncan doesn't make substantial improvements from what he's done statistically this season, this Spurs team will not be the same team from a season ago.

Your first sig quote isn't legit anymore..

mightybosstone
12-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Your first sig quote isn't legit anymore..

No, but Kobe's coming back on Dec. 8, so it's not like a week worth of games would make THAT much of a difference. If the Lakers don't come remotely close to the 5th seed, that quote will still seem insanely ridiculous.

kdspurman
12-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Like I said, he wasn't healthy to start the season, and was missing shots he's been hitting. His last few games, he's been producing at the level that was to be expected of him. It's not the same Duncan as last year yet, but this is one of those cases like I said that #'s don't tell the whole story.

The starters weren't much of a factor tonight and Splitter left the game with a injury that left TD playing along side Bonner/Diaw. It just wasn't a good night for them. But it happens throughout the course of an 82 game season

kdspurman
12-08-2013, 12:29 AM
Indy played well tonight. Spurs looked very out of sync. It happens.. On to the next

IndyRealist
12-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Indy played well tonight. Spurs looked very out of sync. It happens.. On to the next

I think it really had to do with losing Splitter. Spurs weren't the same after he went out.

P&GRealist
12-08-2013, 12:53 AM
No, but Kobe's coming back on Dec. 8, so it's not like a week worth of games would make THAT much of a difference. If the Lakers don't come remotely close to the 5th seed, that quote will still seem insanely ridiculous.

That's funny considering that Houston is barely the 5th seed themselves.

kdspurman
12-08-2013, 12:53 AM
I think it really had to do with losing Splitter. Spurs weren't the same after he went out.

Nah, Indy just had it going offensively. I mean they were getting all the bounces tonight. Games like that happen, just gotta tip your hat. Announcers were saying Spurs were rusty having 4 nights off due to the postponement of their game Wednesday, but I feel they should've been sharper if anything. Obviously having Bonner guard David West isn't ideal lol, but like I said Indy just had it going.

lakerfan85
12-08-2013, 01:06 AM

He still said before December... I don't get why people quote other posters.. Just seems childish to me..

mightybosstone
12-08-2013, 01:23 AM
That's funny considering that Houston is barely the 5th seed themselves.
lol.... Seriously? The Rockets have the 4th best record in the West and the 6th best record in the league and you want to play that game? To say they're "barely" the 5th seed is not only inaccurate, it's just pointless. I would have gone with another argument, my friend. That's not a good one.

He still said before December... I don't get why people quote other posters.. Just seems childish to me..
If people don't say dumb ****, I won't quote them on it. Those two posters said some dumb **** and deserved to get called out on it. I would never say something, even in an online forum, that I didn't believe and wasn't willing to back up in a legitimate discussion. Other posters should do the same.

Seriously, though, you guys need to stay on topic. If you want to discuss my sig or how much better the Rockets are than the Lakers, do so in the game threads or an actual related thread. This thread is about the the Spurs and Pacers and has nothing to do with the two franchise you both initially addressed.

PacersForLife
12-08-2013, 03:11 AM
Towards the beginning I thought we were in for a long night. Sure enough we picked it up in the second half, it's been the trend all year. It's almost like it's two different teams.

JayW_1023
12-08-2013, 10:33 AM
The Pacers are ferreal. But the Spurs have yet to peak. It's right after the circus road trip, memba?

SPURSFAN1
12-13-2013, 05:00 PM
hahahahahahah Yeah they won. Stopped like a 14 game winning streak vs the pacers. Bound to happen. lol The Spurs were winning with the tiago and duncan line up. They then stopped playing tiago cause of health reasons. Good game by the pacers though. Just letting yall know we still in first gear.