PDA

View Full Version : Jason Kidd Demotes Lawrence Frank

nycericanguy
12-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Sarah Kustok: Jason Kidd has reassigned Lawrence Frank citing "different philosophies." Now doing daily reports..no longer on bench or at practices. #Nets Twitter

Rod Boone: Asked Kidd if recent reports of friction between him and Frank were true and led to move: "No. This is my decision and what I had to do." Twitter @rodboone

Gibby23
12-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Lol.. He need someone that can coach next to him because he doesn't know what he is doing. Different philosophies? What philosophies does Kidd have?

grayski
12-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Jason Kidd should be demoted as in fired! Lawrence Frank is not great but at least he is a coach which Jason is not.

TrueFan420
12-03-2013, 07:51 PM
The nets where dumb for hiring kid as a head coach the year that he retired with the type of win now roster they built.

kdspurman
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM

Slug3
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Kidd needs to blame someone.

Gibby23
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM

So Kidd needs somebody to teach him how to coach, kind of like what he would have learned working up the ranks?

Mr_Jones
12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Brooklyn could have been a top team; they built a very talented and diverse roster, but made a huge mistake in hiring Kidd.

Who the hell thought that was a good idea.

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
being a coach on the court and on the sidelines are 2 diff things

J4KOP99
12-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Nets are fine. Have you seen their division?

lajoie
12-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Nets are fine. Have you seen their division?

Yes, and the way their playing, they'll see probably won't win it which is sad in itself.

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 08:03 PM
funniest twist to this all would be they fire kidd, hire frank as interim, kidd unretires and leads the nets into the playoffs.

the owner is too busy banging overpaid coke sluts to know what the hells goin on

jimm120
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM
Nets and Knicks are fine. Both will make the playoffs. They're playing in a division in which the other teams are looking to get to the lottery (76ers, Celtics) and another just doesn't know what it wants nor is it talented enough (Raptors).

Both teams have gotten off to rough starts but both will be in the playoffs.

as for this news...I find it perplexing. Guess Kidd thought that Frank was undermining him in front of other players....but guess what Kidd, those other players are veterans that know if you messing up.

Kidd is potentially a good coach. Still, he needed more years of experience, either as an analyst or as an assistant coach. He's still too raw...especially for a team that only had a 1 year window...max a 2 year window.

Matrix3132
12-03-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd like to see them fire Kidd and hire Patrick Ewing. Imagine the reactions of knick fans

NYKnickFanatic
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
I'd like to see them fire Kidd and hire Patrick Ewing. Imagine the reactions of knick fans

What reaction? Ewing would be a terrible coach. No disrespect to him, but the man has trouble speaking. I don't think he will ever be a head coach, but hopefully he can get a chance somewhere.

kdspurman
12-03-2013, 08:34 PM
So Kidd needs somebody to teach him how to coach, kind of like what he would have learned working up the ranks?

That's kind of how it seems, like some of these other guys did. He was always a very smart basketball mind, but translating that into coaching isn't always easy. There's probably someone who would be willing to fill that kind of void

shep33
12-03-2013, 08:46 PM
Didn't Frank used to coach Kidd?

That was a stupid idea to begin with.

warfelg
12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
It's laughable that Kidd was hired in the first place.

I think ownership has to ride out the season with him to save face.

They should have gone with an established coach to make all the talent they have work together rather than a name. SVG or JVG would have done a good job.

Carbine15
12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Jason kidd needed somebody to blame the dude is a horrible coach. If the nets dont fire kidd they are in trouble.

ohreally
12-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Kidd's a bad joke, and ok, he was a good point guard, but he never struck me as being all that bright. And his history off the court has been disturbing. A lot of people liked his "hit me" moment, but it was so pathetically obvious that it was embarrassing. Frank as the assistant never made sense to me either, but unless I hear more, I'll assume this is more Kidd being an a-- than it is Frank being one.

Still, the Nets can improve. Pierce needs to stop crying in his beer as wearers of the green love to do. It's crappy that he didn't get to retire a Celtic. He feels rejected and his confidence is shot. But he's going to have to get over it and show what he really is. It will happen sooner or later.

Denverbronco007
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Lol.. He need someone that can coach next to him because he doesn't know what he is doing. Different philosophies? What philosophies does Kidd have?

absolutely hysterical (The video)

Denverbronco007
12-03-2013, 10:34 PM
It's laughable that Kidd was hired in the first place.

I think ownership has to ride out the season with him to save face.

They should have gone with an established coach to make all the talent they have work together rather than a name. SVG or JVG would have done a good job.

spot on. Why would any organization hire Jason Kidd. He hasn't been out of the league long enough, and obviously can't coach because Brooklyn is a mess. Players don't respect him (I'm guessing), and maybe that's why he's having control issues.

nycericanguy
12-03-2013, 10:36 PM
The Nets aren't just losing, they are getting blown out almost every game.

At least the Knicks are in most games right to the very end.

KniCks4LiFe
12-03-2013, 11:12 PM
demotes? he fired his ***.

Hawkeye15
12-03-2013, 11:15 PM
thank god the Nets play in potentially the worst division ever.

Kidd was a bad hire for a team trying to win it all now. Fact. He should have landed an assistant job, and earned his way in if he wanted to coach that fast.

LAKobeBryant
12-03-2013, 11:34 PM
hey at least nets didn't start 0-16 like frank did

JasonJohnHorn
12-04-2013, 12:09 AM
This is funny. He is the HIGHEST paid assistant in the league! He's getting head-coach money to babysit Kidd, and then Kidd demotes him? lol

Poor Nets fans.

Steelers23_06
12-04-2013, 12:44 AM
i feel kidd has too many people pulling him and wants to get a chance to do things his way. you cant have two chiefs. i feel frank prob wouldnt let kidd do his thing. if i was kidd i would prob do the same thing if my team wasnt doing good. if i got canned at least i can say i did it my way and it didnt work instead of looking back without a bunch of unanswered questions.

Carbine15
12-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Your making excuses for kidd, nobody is pulling kidd each and every way. He is the head coach he makes the decisions. Kidd is simply showing he has no clue what hes doing and when frank tried to correct him kidd couldnt take it anymore and fired him. I mean. Lets be foreal kidd has never ever coached, he just retired last year vs frank whose coached for awhile i think hes even been to the finals. So if anything kidd is dragging the staff down and his bushleague HIT ME HIT ME stunt told me alot about how lost kidd is.

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Jason Kidd didn't like Frank because Frank was telling him what to do, instead of suggesting what to do. It's a big difference.

Either way I don't think it matters because I honestly see this team missing the playoffs unless DWILL and AK47 can magically get 100% healthy really soon.

D-Leethal
12-04-2013, 12:59 AM
thank god the Nets play in potentially the worst division ever.

Kidd was a bad hire for a team trying to win it all now. Fact. He should have landed an assistant job, and earned his way in if he wanted to coach that fast.

Or at least letting him grow with a young squad ala Mark Jackson. Granted the coach came first, but a rookie coach for a team with 2 key cogs ready to retire is not really a formula for success. Than paying his assist over a mill for 6 years so he can get demoted? Knicks are dysfunctional as ****, but god damn. You know nobody gives a **** about the Nets in NY when nobody even talks about it.

Hawkeye15
12-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Or at least letting him grow with a young squad ala Mark Jackson. Granted the coach came first, but a rookie coach for a team with 2 key cogs ready to retire is not really a formula for success. Than paying his assist over a mill for 6 years so he can get demoted? Knicks are dysfunctional as ****, but god damn. You know nobody gives a **** about the Nets in NY when nobody even talks about it.

agree 100000%

even Mark Jackson was out of the game for a while before entering that view of the game though.

ChiSox219
12-04-2013, 01:22 AM
I havent watched much of the Nets i just know they've been banged up relying on Livingston, Blatche, and Plumlee and Pierce/KG are shooting below 40%.

My question is what is Kidd doing wrong in terms of basketball strategy that so many people are so critical. I know many didnt like the drink spill, but I'm asking what would a more established coach do to win with the talent that Kidd has had to work with so far?

One last thing, Kidd has been one of those guys that really impacted a team's win column and spend all those years dominating with team USA. There is no question he knows team basketball, I think his failure as an instant coach would be managing the players personalities if anything.

mavwar53
12-04-2013, 01:45 AM
All I know is watching NBA tv Frank ran practices, while Kidd B.S's with players.

LA_Raiders
12-04-2013, 02:09 AM
Send Kidd to the D league.

BHF
12-04-2013, 02:20 AM
Maybe he can hire Casey after tonights game lol

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Doesn't matter you guys, Nets are gonna miss the playoffs either way.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 06:21 AM
agree 100000%

even Mark Jackson was out of the game for a while before entering that view of the game though.

That didn't matter. Mark Jackson would tell you all he did was commentate and a lot of TV watching.

What Jason Kidd did here was rid of a cancer he thought he could trust. I was just listening to ESPN radio on my way back home. Kidd and Frank had issues, they were friends in the offseason, as soon as the season started Kidd missed those first gms. and Frank got jealous that he wasn't assigned the back up coach duties. They've been stale since then. So Frank had to go.

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 06:32 AM
agree 100000%

I don't get how commentating games helps you become a better coach.

torocan
12-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Meh.

From what I'm hearing it's a personal thing. Frank wasn't made the Nets interim GM while Kidd was out, and he took that very personally. So this apparently evolved into a personal spat between the two.

As for the Nets record, really the record isn't that horrible considering how much of their roster has been injured during the pre-season/early season. DWill, AK47, Jason Terry, and now Paul Pierce.

A new team filled with injuries? I'm not sure how many more wins another Head Coach would win under those circumstances. With so much turnover on the roster and so many injured I think it's too early to get too worked up over the Nets.

I'm withholding judgement until January when they've had some time to get some practices together.

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 06:33 AM
All of you guys have probably watched maybe 1 or 2 Nets games this year. If you want to judge Kidd, you have to watch a good amount of the games to see his adjustments, rotations, plays, etc.

He's gotten a lot better, but there still needs to be work done. I think it's being blown way out of proportion due to the Nets lack of any kind of health.

When your 3 best players aren't healthy and 2 of them are missing almost every game, it's tough for a first time coach.

MonroeFAN
12-04-2013, 07:54 AM
I completely forgot about Jason Terry. Brooklyn is deep, and should be a high seeded playoff team when healthy. I don't think Kidd is taking them too far after though.

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 08:20 AM
I completely forgot about Jason Terry. Brooklyn is deep, and should be a high seeded playoff team when healthy. I don't think Kidd is taking them too far after though.

Why not? I want to hear the criticism of Jason Kidd from you guys because I honestly don't think you guys have even seen enough of him to come up with one.

Antipod
12-04-2013, 08:31 AM
This might be an ego move that could backfire ... anyway, i don`t see a very bright future for Kidd in Brooklyn.

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 08:40 AM
This might be an ego move that could backfire ... anyway, i don`t see a very bright future for Kidd in Brooklyn.

I see this written everywhere, but nobody can explain why they think this way and it's probably because nobody but us Nets fans have seen more than 1 game of theirs.

Chrisclover
12-04-2013, 08:47 AM
It seems a decent idea until you suggested kidd unretire
,haha, he is too old to run the floor
funniest twist to this all would be they fire kidd, hire frank as interim, kidd unretires and leads the nets into the playoffs.

the owner is too busy banging overpaid coke sluts to know what the hells goin on

Badluck33
12-04-2013, 09:11 AM
i lol'd so hard I lost my schit.

AddiX
12-04-2013, 09:47 AM
When they put that team together and handeD it to an unproven coach they were making a big gamble. That never should of happened.

kdspurman
12-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Handing Kidd the job with that roster probably wasn't the smartest idea as many have alluded to, but if the reports are true then I don't have an issue w/Kidd doing this.

Kidd initially allowed Frank and assistant coach John Welch to handle the defensive and offensive duties. But Frank had the most head-coaching experience on the staff, and often his voice was the loudest at practices. Two sources say Nets players felt Frank was over-coaching earlier in the season.

Sources say the relationship soured after assistant coach Joe Prunty was chosen as interim coach instead of Frank when Kidd served a two-game suspension to start the season. Two sources say Frank appeared to be hurt by the decision.

It sounds like maybe Frank was too involved, and *maybe* bitter about the interim coach situation (?) but again that's just what the reports are. But if that is the case, I can see why the move was made.

todu82
12-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Don't know why they hired Kidd in the first place. That roster is a lot better than 5 and 13.

Chrisclover
12-04-2013, 12:07 PM
New York 's 2 "super teams " are just too magniloquent. Now they eat crow

Chrisclover
12-04-2013, 12:12 PM
kidd makes a fool of himself, so does the Russian boss. Had the nets not gather so much old talent and not be so magniloquent, this shameful record wouldnt be so shocking and sickening for the fans and the world. Life is just too tough for the nets. Its high time they demand a change, 360°

Chrisclover
12-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Alas, Kidd should have started as an assistant not a head coach.I knew the cashed -up boss was gambling to rush a championship, but did not expect he dared to hire a newly retired player to take charge of his extravagant team:(

Hawkeye15
12-04-2013, 12:44 PM

removing yourself as a player and looking at the game from a different perspective is what I mean. It can help.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Handing Kidd the job with that roster probably wasn't the smartest idea as many have alluded to, but if the reports are true then I don't have an issue w/Kidd doing this.

It sounds like maybe Frank was too involved, and *maybe* bitter about the interim coach situation (?) but again that's just what the reports are. But if that is the case, I can see why the move was made.

that's not the worst thing I read. This is.

There was very little emotion from Kidd, and zero regret. He cited a “difference in philosophies” as the reason for the change, which followed the Daily News reporting last week that Kidd and Frank were at odds. A source also told The News that Frank was bad-mouthing Kidd to others around the league, apparently unhappy with Kidd and the partnership. When Kidd needed him most, Frank was complaining behind his back.

It’s unclear whether Kidd was aware of what Frank was saying, but this much is certain: The two weren’t on the same page, a feeling that had been festering for most of the season, according to sources.

That just sounds like someone was gunning for Kidd's job. He never gave him a chance. And Kidd got him the job. Lawrence Frank ain't spit in this league. Past his one spurt w/ Jason Kidd, what has coach Frank done in the NBA? nothing.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Alas, Kidd should have started as an assistant not a head coach.I knew the cashed -up boss was gambling to rush a championship, but did not expect he dared to hire a newly retired player to take charge of his extravagant team:(

it ain't a extravagant team. Billy King should be fired for constructing it. It's a team of old veterans who are injury riddled. Their only healthy reliable players are Lopez and Joe Johnson. Livingston is a back up, Taylor is a 3rd stringer, Plumlee is a bench player, we can go on and on. No coach is putting that team over .500 as it's constructed.

effen5
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM

Uhhh.....what do i put in youtube to find that video in your sig? :laugh:

JasonJohnHorn
12-04-2013, 01:03 PM

It's not commentating games, it's analyzing games. He has to watch, analyze and comment. That teaches him how to watch the game from the sideline and evaluate what is going on.

An NBA point guard already knows how to tell players what to do and run plays and motivate guys and tell them where to be on a play, that is what the point guard and the coach both do. The point guard is the coach on the floor. The other half of coaching is analyzing the game and recognize what is going wrong with a team's performance and figuring out what adjustments to make. Spending a several years doing game analysis makes you good at that.

effen5
12-04-2013, 01:03 PM

This whole thing is laughable. Brooklyn is a joke.

kdspurman
12-04-2013, 01:06 PM

That just sounds like someone was gunning for Kidd's job. He never gave him a chance. And Kidd got him the job. Lawrence Frank ain't spit in this league. Past his one spurt w/ Jason Kidd, what has coach Frank done in the NBA? nothing.

Wow.. Well that makes it even worse and more justifiable from J. Kidd's perspective. That definitely sounds like he wanted the HC spot. I'm shocked he's even still with the Nets team in general if that is the case, but maybe it's just a matter of time.

effen5
12-04-2013, 01:08 PM

Ok thats bad. Frank should just leave the Nets anyway the Nets are a joke.

As for Frank, he has two NBA finals under his belt doesnt he?

effen5
12-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Sarah Kustok: Jason Kidd has reassigned Lawrence Frank citing "different philosophies." Now doing daily reports..no longer on bench or at practices. #Nets Twitter

Rod Boone: Asked Kidd if recent reports of friction between him and Frank were true and led to move: "No. This is my decision and what I had to do." Twitter @rodboone

I wonder if Sarah Kustok misses Chicago, I miss her sexy *** on TV.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Ok thats bad. Frank should just leave the Nets anyway the Nets are a joke.

As for Frank, he has two NBA finals under his belt doesnt he?

Doc Rivers did nothing?

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Wow.. Well that makes it even worse and more justifiable from J. Kidd's perspective. That definitely sounds like he wanted the HC spot. I'm shocked he's even still with the Nets team in general if that is the case, but maybe it's just a matter of time.

If Kidd crashes it will be on his own. But that guy's mind is too advanced to crash. This is a guy that literally coached my Knicks on the floor. We're not a 50+ win team w/o him and Rasheed Wallace. He had a huge influence on the backcourt. So what I see in Brooklyn. The GM put a mess together, and Kidd trusted the wrong guy. Lawrence Frank IMO he's a snake. Guy lost his job in Detroit cuz he couldn't cut it. Guy stayed an asst coach for yrs. and now seeing some player that got him fired, ascend past him. He wasn't for it. He wanted him to fall on his face from what I'm reading.

You can't coach a team wit 2 voices wanting to be the coach. It doesn't work. So Kidd did what he had to do. He's gonna have the whole year. But he learned a lesson here. I think when they finished that game vs DEN Brian Shaw and him had that little convo. about what's been going on and then parted ways. So yeh Kidd hasn't been great, but to be honest, he hasn't been given a full chance. This roster is not ideal for any coach unless your name is Doc Rivers. So they have to let him go through this. Jackson got 3 yrs. Isiah had forever, I got no idea what part of that people don't get.

D-Leethal
12-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I would love to see/read the scouting reports Frank puts together for Kidd lmao.

kdspurman
12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
If Kidd crashes it will be on his own. But that guy's mind is too advanced to crash. This is a guy that literally coached my Knicks on the floor. We're not a 50+ win team w/o him and Rasheed Wallace. He had a huge influence on the backcourt. So what I see in Brooklyn. The GM put a mess together, and Kidd trusted the wrong guy. Lawrence Frank IMO he's a snake. Guy lost his job in Detroit cuz he couldn't cut it. Guy stayed an asst coach for yrs. and now seeing some player that got him fired, ascend past him. He wasn't for it. He wanted him to fall on his face from what I'm reading.

You can't coach a team wit 2 voices wanting to be the coach. It doesn't work. So Kidd did what he had to do. He's gonna have the whole year. But he learned a lesson here. I think when they finished that game vs DEN Brian Shaw and him had that little convo. about what's been going on and then parted ways. So yeh Kidd hasn't been great, but to be honest, he hasn't been given a full chance. This roster is not ideal for any coach unless your name is Doc Rivers. So they have to let him go through this. Jackson got 3 yrs. Isiah had forever, I got no idea what part of that people don't get.

Truth... We'll see how it translates to the teams play long term, but really it can't get much worse. I really am curious to see how long Frank sticks around, if it's that bad, I really can't figure out how or why he's still involved at all.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 01:50 PM
I would love to see/read the scouting reports Frank puts together for Kidd lmao.

me too; to be honest. LMAOS :laugh:

Imagine the assignments, who to double team, who's the hot hand? Cuz their D has been inconsistent. I think literally he was trying to get him fired. But being paid 1M for the next 6 yrs. has him still there. And in the event Kidd fails, they'll make him the coach.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Truth... We'll see how it translates to the teams play long term, but really it can't get much worse. I really am curious to see how long Frank sticks around, if it's that bad, I really can't figure out how or why he's still involved at all.

b/c he's being paid $6M/6yrs and if Kidd fails, enter new Nets coach b/c they already paid for it and aren't sure who takes over if/when he's done.

kdspurman
12-04-2013, 04:52 PM
b/c he's being paid $6M/6yrs and if Kidd fails, enter new Nets coach b/c they already paid for it and aren't sure who takes over if/when he's done.

i don't even know who would want that spot.. but it does look like maybe he wants out now-

Nets assistant coach Lawrence Frank is in the process of retaining “high-powered” legal counsel, presumably to settle a buyout with the franchise in the wake of being “re-assigned” by head coach Jason Kidd, a league source told The Post.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/04/lawrence-frank-retaining-counsel-after-nets-ouster/

D-Leethal
12-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Larry Frank ain't going out like no punk. Saddle up Proky.

D-Leethal
12-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Larry Frank can coach. I'd be ecstatic if the Knicks can steal him and add another wrinkle to the rivalry of embarrassments.

COOLbeans
12-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Why not? I want to hear the criticism of Jason Kidd from you guys because I honestly don't think you guys have even seen enough of him to come up with one.

:clap:

Paul Jeffrey
12-04-2013, 06:34 PM
It's not commentating games, it's analyzing games. He has to watch, analyze and comment. That teaches him how to watch the game from the sideline and evaluate what is going on.

An NBA point guard already knows how to tell players what to do and run plays and motivate guys and tell them where to be on a play, that is what the point guard and the coach both do. The point guard is the coach on the floor. The other half of coaching is analyzing the game and recognize what is going wrong with a team's performance and figuring out what adjustments to make. Spending a several years doing game analysis makes you good at that.

Has Jason Kidd never analyzed game tape as a player? All players do this, all players who work hard anyway.

People act like being an analyst gives some new light to being a good coach but I don't think it does. The only way to become a good coach in my opinion is to get experience.

Now I agree being thrust into a win now situation with no experience probably isn't the ideal situation for Kidd but he wanted it and his 3 top players have been hurt and missed a ton of games.

slashsnake
12-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Has Jason Kidd never analyzed game tape as a player? All players do this, all players who work hard anyway.

People act like being an analyst gives some new light to being a good coach but I don't think it does. The only way to become a good coach in my opinion is to get experience.

Now I agree being thrust into a win now situation with no experience probably isn't the ideal situation for Kidd but he wanted it and his 3 top players have been hurt and missed a ton of games.

I will say, like the NFL, it tends to be the smart scrubs who become some of the best coaches. Guys who come off the bench in their playing days over the stars. Might not be 100% true, but it feels that way. Anyways, with that said, here's my thoughts..

Those guys can coach because they know what it is like to not have superhuman skill. Kidd explaining that they should feel the center cut, and throw a no look behind the back pass isn't going to work. The scrub who sees the court every night has a better perspective for that.

NBA_Starter
12-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Frank is now probably the highest paid video coordinator ever.

KniCks4LiFe
12-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Larry Frank can coach. I'd be ecstatic if the Knicks can steal him and add another wrinkle to the rivalry of embarrassments.

stop, no. I think you thinking him wit Boston and Doc Rivers and players that commit.

JR Smith, Melo and these boys ain't giving him the time of day. Even if so. This guy is horrible in offensive strategy. Just ask Piston fans about him. Look how better they are w/ a clut in the paint this season.

jmoney85
12-05-2013, 02:50 AM
i'm not gonna sit here and blame kidd for the nets struggles... i have watched every game... they are killed by injuries and the players they have now that are getting big minutes are bonafied D-Leaguers

KniCks4LiFe
12-05-2013, 03:01 AM
i'm not gonna sit here and blame kidd for the nets struggles... i have watched every game... they are killed by injuries and the players they have now that are getting big minutes are bonafied D-Leaguers

nah don't you know it's Kidd's job to turn D-league starters into NBA players, [while his coach is trying to sabotage him] and veterans into superstars?

How does Billy King still have a job? I'm asking this. King got a job, Grunwald was fired. NY has been smoking some bad oooo.. weeee to let that **** happen.

Paul Jeffrey
12-05-2013, 05:32 AM
nah don't you know it's Kidd's job to turn D-league starters into NBA players, [while his coach is trying to sabotage him] and veterans into superstars?

How does Billy King still have a job? I'm asking this. King got a job, Grunwald was fired. NY has been smoking some bad oooo.. weeee to let that **** happen.

It's because you are looking at everything in hindsight.

If the Knicks go get LeBron James for Andrea Bargnani, but then Bargs has a career year of 30 and 8 shooting 52% from the field while LeBron tears his ACL are you gonna sit there and question the Knicks' FO?

You take a 49 win team from last year who saw their star Deron Williams rip the NBA to shreds post AS break when he finally got healthy. That team had by far the worst starting SF and starting PF in the NBA, but a wide margin. Replace them with the likes of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. Throw Jason Terry and AK47 onto a bench with Andray Blatche and you have a very strong, deep team on paper and that's all that Billy King can do, create a team on paper.

As a GM, your job is to acquire the right kind of players and he did that. What's happened is that they have been ravaged by injuries so they can't get their chemistry down. 1 of their top 3 players hasn't played yet. Another top 3 player has played in 3 games and has missed his last 5+. Another top 3 player just came back from missing 1-2 weeks with a sprained ankle.

Then you throw in Paul Pierce's broken hand and Jason Terry's knee, are you really shocked by how bad they are?

Yes one of the questions with this team was health but nobody in their right mind would say Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Paul Pierce, AK47, Jason Terry would all miss a large part of their first 15 games. I don't care if you're made of glass, with that many injuries to key players it's bad luck.