PDA

View Full Version : Iman Shumpert on his way to OKC?

rockbottom2010
11-30-2013, 06:22 PM
http://www.latinopost.com/articles/1512/20131130/nba-trade-rumors-nba-trade-rumors-2013-knicks-iman-shumpert-oklahoma-city-thunder-iman-shumpert-trade-new-york-knicks-nba-nba-trade-rumors-knicks.htm

http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkknicks/2013/12/01/new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert-possibly-being-sent-to-oklahoma-city-thunder/

NBA Trade Rumors: NY Knicks to Trade Iman Shumpert to OKC Thunder for Nick Collison, Draft Pick

Tell me if this is true or not

Guppyfighter
11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
It's not true... Poor Knicks if it is

jerellh528
11-30-2013, 06:38 PM
This would be great for OKC, especially if shump can return to pre-injury form. OKC has made some bad personnel moves in recent years, so this would be a step back in the right direction.

Rndy
11-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Every day Shump is mentioned in a trade and the only team declines lol.

slaker619
11-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Would be horrible trade for #Knicks I can see perkins getting traded tho

Stunner
11-30-2013, 06:58 PM
How is this horrible for NY ? They prob get the lotto pick

xxplayerxx23
11-30-2013, 07:06 PM
What lotto pick? What a terrible idea

JEDean89
11-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I would be so pissed if this was true. nick collison is not the answer to the knicks problems. to trade one of the few young assets for a future pick and a decent backup pf is laughable. If it's true it shows OKC's faith in Steve Adams though. James Dolan would do something stupid like this, he probably wants a pick so he can trade it for Marcus Camby again.

John Walls Era
11-30-2013, 07:13 PM
Remember when Shumpert was suppose to be a beast? Knicks are treating him like some scrub who they need to get rid of.

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2013, 07:22 PM
If this happen I will no longer support the Knicks. **** them

yungincome
11-30-2013, 07:24 PM
:facepalm:

Stunner
11-30-2013, 07:24 PM
Rumor the Knicks wanting to do Taj for Shump

Could do this big deal

Bulls get : Shump , Bass , 2015 1st

Knicks get : Taj , Wallace , Brooks

Celtics : Amare

GiantsSwaGG
11-30-2013, 07:26 PM

Could do this big deal

Link?

Blink
11-30-2013, 07:26 PM
No send Iman to Detroit!

yungincome
11-30-2013, 07:29 PM

Could do this big deal

:facepalm: God no

Blitzace137
11-30-2013, 07:31 PM
Wallace? :puke: Celtics can keep him

Green_Monster
11-30-2013, 07:34 PM

Could do this big deal

Basically, the Bulls get a big man just as good, and on a better contact than Gibson. On top of that, they get Shump and a 1st? :laugh2:

BallIsAll
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
Fake rumor.. that would be rape.

c.c.
11-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Wow that will be hurtful for Nick Collison, he been with that organization his whole career. He's like one of the only role players I can think of that been with a team so long

rockbottom2010
11-30-2013, 07:39 PM
i'm not sure if shumpert will end up wearing a thunder uniform...however i still believe the thunder will be aggressive before the trade deadline...its going to be really interesting...

Stunner
11-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Shump doesn't really have any value it looks like . Knicks might have to stay pat and start over as much as it may suck . It's time to move Melo for some value

Stunner
11-30-2013, 07:50 PM
Most of us wouldn't trade Taj for Shump , plus NY don't have any contracts that will match it up .

hugepatsfan
11-30-2013, 07:53 PM
BOS gets: F Amar'e Stoudemire, G Randy Foye, G Evan Fournier, NYK 1st round pick (first year they can give one up), $5.2 million trade exception
NYK gets: G Avery Bradley, F Brandon Bass, F Kris Humphries, (*) $1.7 million trade exception
DEN gets: G Iman Shumpert, G Courtney Lee [using trade exception]

* according to the trade machine DEN can split their TE up to use it on both Lee and Shumpert. I didn't think that was allowed but if it is then NYK would get a TE. If they can only use it on one guy BOS gets it as them using it on Lee is necessary to make the salaries match.

Why does NY make this deal? They seem intent on moving Shumpert as he's the only chip they have to upgrade their rotation. In this deal they get a comparable player to Shumpert in Bradley while shedding Stoudemire's deal (and the headaches that come with him) as well as adding two solid players to the front court in Bass and Humphries. They could extend Bradley this offseason and still have tons of cap room in the '15 offseason. I think this deal is great for them.

Why does DEN make this deal? They've shown some interest in Shumpert already in talks for Faried. Here they land him without giving up any assets at all. Foye and Fournier will combine to make about $4.4 million each of the next 2 years and then they have team options totaling roughly the same amount on the 3rd year. Lee has 3 guaranteed years at $5.2, $5.5 and $5.7 million. The extra salary is marginal for the next two years and then they take on the extra year of it being on the books. I think $5.7 million on the books three years from now is a bargain price to pay to add Shumpert. He may be overrated but I think he's worth more than that. Them using the trade exception makes the numbers work.

I don't think Bradley is a good fit for the Celtics long term so he's movable. This deal improves the pick we'll get this year and adds a future one as well.

WES KOAST
11-30-2013, 08:09 PM
This would be great for OKC, especially if shump can return to pre-injury form. OKC has made some bad personnel moves in recent years, so this would be a step back in the right direction.

no it wouldn't. collision is solid off the bench. shump is overrated

poleandreel
11-30-2013, 08:15 PM
This makes zero sense for OKC. Shumpert is essentially thabo sefalosha at this point in his career and will be relegated to spot up shooter/4th option. Not to mention Thabo is a much better 3 pt shooter and man to man defender. Lamb has also been playing extremely well on the defensive side and has been almost automatic recently with 3 pointers.

OKC has a weakness at center and trading our 2nd best bigman who is a lifetime seattle/okc player on a friendly contract would be downright ********. I don't care if it is traderape as some people are claiming...it doesn't improve the team. If Thabo leaves in FA after this season, I want Lamb as the full time starter anyway, his ceiling is higher than Shumperts due to a sweet stroke.

If anyone has watched lamb this year, you would understand the excitement. He is hustling on defense and has shocking athleticism and his man to man D is good. He reminds me of Klay Thompson but just needs the playing time and reps.

xxplayerxx23
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
BOS gets: F Amar'e Stoudemire, G Randy Foye, G Evan Fournier, NYK 1st round pick (first year they can give one up), $5.2 million trade exception
NYK gets: G Avery Bradley, F Brandon Bass, F Kris Humphries, (*) $1.7 million trade exception

* according to the trade machine DEN can split their TE up to use it on both Lee and Shumpert. I didn't think that was allowed but if it is then NYK would get a TE. If they can only use it on one guy BOS gets it as them using it on Lee is necessary to make the salaries match.

Why does NY make this deal? They seem intent on moving Shumpert as he's the only chip they have to upgrade their rotation. In this deal they get a comparable player to Shumpert in Bradley while shedding Stoudemire's deal (and the headaches that come with him) as well as adding two solid players to the front court in Bass and Humphries. They could extend Bradley this offseason and still have tons of cap room in the '15 offseason. I think this deal is great for them.

Why does DEN make this deal? They've shown some interest in Shumpert already in talks for Faried. Here they land him without giving up any assets at all. Foye and Fournier will combine to make about $4.4 million each of the next 2 years and then they have team options totaling roughly the same amount on the 3rd year. Lee has 3 guaranteed years at $5.2, $5.5 and $5.7 million. The extra salary is marginal for the next two years and then they take on the extra year of it being on the books. I think $5.7 million on the books three years from now is a bargain price to pay to add Shumpert. He may be overrated but I think he's worth more than that. Them using the trade exception makes the numbers work.

I don't think Bradley is a good fit for the Celtics long term so he's movable. This deal improves the pick we'll get this year and adds a future one as well.

Id do that. Too bad that isn't real

IversonIsKrazy
11-30-2013, 08:51 PM
NY get crap along with investing even more $$$$ into the front-court lol. And Thunder lose a key big man off the bench for a guy who is only a bit of an upgrade over Sefolosha (yes only A BIT, Shump is overrated). Doubt this goes thru tho.

EL_MACHETE
11-30-2013, 10:49 PM
Even tho I wouldn't mind seeing Shumpert here in Okc, Its a head scratching trade. Bcuz our need is a lowpost scorer and to get rid of one of our best Big Guys for another guard/forward would make no sense...

Unless they believe that Perry Jones can switch to Pf and take Collison's spot.

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson / Fisher
Sg- Sefo / Lamb / Roberson
Sf- Durant / Shumpert
Pf- Ibaka / Jones
C- Perkins / Adams / Thabeet

Cal827
11-30-2013, 11:37 PM

LOL, they used up the lotto pick from Toronto last year...

What the hell are the Knicks thinking if this is true. They are going to need more than Collison in order to help with their woes.

YoungOne
11-30-2013, 11:42 PM

awful for boston lol

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2013, 11:52 PM
LOL, New York has no idea what they're doing. Nick BLEEPING Collison for Shumpert? Really?

rockbottom2010
11-30-2013, 11:55 PM
i would take the draft pick since its a deep class.....it's one for the ages...hey..phoenix has 3 guaranteed and possibly 4

kobe4thewinbang
11-30-2013, 11:56 PM
i would take the draft pick since its a deep class.....it's one for the ages...hey..phoenix has 3 guaranteed and possibly 4Yeah, so the question is why is OKC offering it?

rockbottom2010
11-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, so the question is why is OKC offering it?

ever since they traded away harden....they have been in desperate mode to replace him...K-mart left after the 12-13 season...and I don't think Lamb can be the 3rd star just yet.

kobe4thewinbang
12-01-2013, 12:00 AM
ever since they traded away harden....they have been in desperate mode to replace him...K-mart left after the 12-13 season...and I don't think Lamb can be the 3rd star just yet.Yeah, so why trade the draft pick, which might snag one of those 3 players (Wiggins, Parker, other guy?) Especially for Shumpert?

rockbottom2010
12-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Yeah, so why trade the draft pick, which might snag one of those 3 players (Wiggins, Parker, other guy?) Especially for Shumpert?

OKC is still a top team in the NBA...i would expect their pick to land in the 20s...and not only that, the Thunder are in a win now mode.

KniCks4LiFe
12-01-2013, 12:09 AM

what lotto pick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd8-IYovLRQ#t=14

kobe4thewinbang
12-01-2013, 12:11 AM
OKC is still a top team in the NBA...i would expect their pick to land in the 20s...and not only that, the Thunder are in a win now mode.Someone said it was a higher pick from Phoenix?

Rndy
12-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Basically, the Bulls get a big man just as good, and on a better contact than Gibson. On top of that, they get Shump and a 1st? :laugh2:

Yes welcome to Stunnerko posts where Bulls get all the good stuff and teams get the crap apparently he has some type of force trade powers or something.

Personally I want nothing to do with Shump because I think Butler and Snell are both better than he is. If we needed another Defensive first guard I'd rather just sign Ronnie Brewer next year for min. Bulls need to look for more scoring like a Waiters type to come off the bench. The way Andrew Bynum is playing right now I think CLE has to go hard after Deng to shore up that perimeter defense. Irving-Bynum-Deng with role players like Jack-cj miles-thompson-Karasev wouldn't be a team I'd want to face in the playoffs.

rockbottom2010
12-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Someone said it was a higher pick from Phoenix?

this is the situation, they have draft picks from the pacers (top 14 protected), T-Wolves (top 13 protected), Wizards (Top 12 Protected), and themselves....I'm sure OKC will have it protected...i have no doubts about that.

kobe4thewinbang
12-01-2013, 12:34 AM
this is the situation, they have draft picks are from the pacers (top 14 protected), T-Wolves (top 13 protected), Wizards (Top 12 Protected), and themselves....I'm sure OKC will have it protected...i have no doubts about that.I see. Well, maybe they could get some deals for those picks since it should be a more auspicious draft than the last one. I think they should aim higher than Shumpert, though.

xabial
12-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Knicks fans are treating Shump as the second coming of Jesus. He is NOT the savior of the franchise. The Knicks need draft picks. They don't have a 1st round draft pick in 2014, and 2016. The Thunder's 1st round draft pick would do wonders for them, even if it is a low 1st rounder (25-30).. Great deal and Collison is a solid throw in.

Dont get me wrong Shump is a great player, but the Knicks are DESPERATE for draft picks, and he's there best trade asset.

rockbottom2010
12-01-2013, 12:44 AM
That I agree. I don't think Shumpert will make much of a difference. Possibly their defense and that's about it. Ever since he had that ACL injury, he has never been the same. It's going to be one interesting season come trade deadline. We'll see the true teams that are actually tanking. I have the sixers, suns, raptors, celtics, jazz, and kings tank. You can also put the bucks as well.

JEDean89
12-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Shumps had a great playoffs, his best basketball was played after his surgery. he is suffering from confidence issues and a very incoherent team. He can be really good if he stays healthy and continues to grow. right now his handles are what really hold him back.

OaklandsFinest
12-01-2013, 01:12 AM
If I'm the Knicks I seriously look at trading Melo to Charlotte for Gordon, Sessions and picks.. Scrap this team, but Shumpert is the one piece I would keep, hes a two way player.

KniCks4LiFe
12-01-2013, 01:22 AM
If I'm making this deal wit OKC. Collison is not what I want.

It starts at Reggie Jackson and you gotta add someone else.

mightybosstone
12-01-2013, 01:25 AM
If I'm the Knicks I seriously look at trading Melo to Charlotte for Gordon, Sessions and picks.. Scrap this team, but Shumpert is the one piece I would keep, hes a two way player.

.....What?

Sactown
12-01-2013, 01:36 AM
.....What?
I have the exact same question ...

elledaddy
12-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Ok, so we're getting our info from " the latin post" now? Well it gotta be true, its on the Internet.

DallasTrilla23
12-01-2013, 01:55 AM
Fake rumor.. that would be rape.
They've been raped worse before.

Sadds The Gr8
12-01-2013, 01:59 AM
fake

Rndy
12-01-2013, 02:27 AM

What picks? If they get Melo CHA doesn't have a pick to give in 2014 because it will be the Bulls, It's top 10 protected.

naps
12-01-2013, 02:28 AM
LOL no way OKC does that. They already have their Shumpert in Thabo Sefalosha. Ans Shump isn't the 6th man type scorer they need. Nick Collison is pretty solid as a back up big. No way give him up for something they already have.

shep33
12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Weird trade

rhymeratic
12-01-2013, 04:14 AM
No Knick fan will be happy unless Iman Shumpert is traded for the 1992 version of Michael Jordan with a 1st round pick from the 90's version of the Clippers included with no lottery protection.

Seriously he's a nice role player with some offensive limitations with marginal upside. Nothing can be done to fix this team unless it involves a deal for a top 10 pg. The front court is fine as is when Chandler is back. Since it's highly unlikely Shumpert nets us a Ricky Rubio or something along those lines, I say no trade is gonna happen. Anything else is pure fantasy at this point.

My only thought is... It's a shame the Knicks couldn't figure out a way to turn Shumpert or JR. Smith into Tyreke Evans. That's the guy they need honestly. Does a little bit of everything.

Knicks21
12-01-2013, 05:08 AM
Shump doesn't really have any value it looks like . Knicks might have to stay pat and start over as much as it may suck . It's time to move Melo for some value

You might be the only one who thinks that, according to the rest of the NBA every GM values him way more than the Knicks do.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2013, 05:15 AM
http://www.latinopost.com/articles/1512/20131130/nba-trade-rumors-nba-trade-rumors-2013-knicks-iman-shumpert-oklahoma-city-thunder-iman-shumpert-trade-new-york-knicks-nba-nba-trade-rumors-knicks.htm

NBA Trade Rumors: NY Knicks to Trade Iman Shumpert to OKC Thunder for Nick Collison, Draft Pick

Tell me if this is true or not

lol knicks probably get a 2nd rounder

Rndy
12-01-2013, 06:19 AM
You might be the only one who thinks that, according to the rest of the NBA every GM values him way more than the Knicks do.

Who Exactly? I'm sure teams would take him for his defense but there have been multiple trades reportedly denied by other teams. This is just like the Knicks though they did the same thing with Ronnie Brewer they have no idea how to use a guy who doesn't score. One day I hope they realize there is only 1 basketball and you need defenders on your team.

If the Bulls didn't have Butler or Snell both of whom have higher offensive upside I'm sure I'd like Shump as a Ronnie Brewer/Keith Bogans mix. My moms side of the family is all from NY and they did not like my comparison of Shump as a mix of Brewers athleticism and Bogans shooting but I think it's pretty spot on.

GrumpyOldMan
12-01-2013, 06:24 AM
With Sefalosha and Lamb (who they should continue developing) there already, this trade doesn't make sense for OKC. I don't think Shump is a bad player by any means, I just don't see OKC as a good trade partner if the Knicks are shopping him.

Rndy
12-01-2013, 06:45 AM
With Sefalosha and Lamb (who they should continue developing) there already, this trade doesn't make sense for OKC. I don't think Shump is a bad player by any means, I just don't see OKC as a good trade partner if the Knicks are shopping him.

I agree they already have Sef who understands his role Shump is still young and hasn't really figured out what his game is. And you don't want to take minutes away from Lamb who has a much higher offensive ceiling.

I feel bad for the guy though Knicks just don't know how to utilize guys like that. I think he'd have a better future in CHA big fan of that coach.

therealwd27
12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
I agree they already have Sef who understands his role Shump is still young and hasn't really figured out what his game is. And you don't want to take minutes away from Lamb who has a much higher offensive ceiling.

I feel bad for the guy though Knicks just don't knowhow to utilize guys like that. I think he'd have a better future in CHA big fan of that coach.

This. Me too btw I really like Steve Clifford he's a Thibs type coach. Hope he does well

rlendensky
12-01-2013, 11:14 AM
first of all that trade s awful for the Knicks, both now and in the future. Aside from that, this organization needs to just put some faith in Shump. Trade rumors involving him are constantly swirling, you can only imagine that it's a distraction for him.

Green_Monster
12-01-2013, 11:15 AM
If I'm making this deal wit OKC. Collison is not what I want.

It starts at Reggie Jackson and you gotta add someone else.

Yeah, the Knicks would have to add something else.

xxplayerxx23
12-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Only way I deal it is if there was a lotto pick

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
Only way I deal it is if there was a lotto pick

lol Slumpert is not worth a lottery pick.

rockbottom2010
12-01-2013, 10:31 PM
http://www.sportsmedia101.com/newyorkknicks/2013/12/01/new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert-possibly-being-sent-to-oklahoma-city-thunder/

WES KOAST
12-01-2013, 10:39 PM
deal would be horrible for okc. they need to look elsewhere. shump way too inflated. any chance okc go after asik?

rockbottom2010
12-01-2013, 10:43 PM
reggie jackson and raymond felton might get involved....

WES KOAST
12-01-2013, 10:51 PM
reggie jackson and raymond felton might get involved....

if okc deals Jackson, then they gotta be the dumbest front office that continues to spiral out of control.

EL_MACHETE
12-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I honestly feel that Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb, Steven Adams and Perry Jones will stay here in Okc.

Which leaves Sefo, Perkins, Collison on the Market. Soo since Sefo is gonna be a free agent after this year and they need to replace him and Shumpert will be the perfect guy.

nycericanguy
12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Horrible trade for NY,I doubt this is true. Shump for a declining 33 year old PF? Collison probably won't even be in the league in 2-3 years.

And the pick will probably be one of the last picks in the 1st round, knicks are better off just keeping Shump and buying an early 2nd rounder around #32 vs trading Shump for the #28 pick.

EL_MACHETE
12-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Soo if this trade did happen it would set up our future lineup as..

Pg- Westbrook / Jackson
Sg- Shumpert / Lamb / Abrines
Sf- Durant / Roberson
Pf- Ibaka / Jones
C- Adams / Thabeet / Pleiss

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 07:21 PM
reggie Jackson > 1st round pick > shumpert

okc need to get rid of perkins at all costs

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Shumps had a great playoffs, his best basketball was played after his surgery. he is suffering from confidence issues and a very incoherent team. He can be really good if he stays healthy and continues to grow. right now his handles are what really hold him back.

1st thing he need to do is get rid of that stupid 90's kid n play smoke stack afroliscious hairdo

TrueFan420
12-03-2013, 07:27 PM
reggie Jackson > 1st round pick > shumpert

okc need to get rid of perkins at all costs
Doesn't he have 2 years left? Might as well wait till he's an expiring. They should have dumped him when it was the difference between losing harden or keeping harden.

EL_MACHETE
12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
1st thing he need to do is get rid of that stupid 90's kid n play smoke stack afroliscious hairdo

For some reason I like it. Since Okc are very loyal to its team I think the fans would come to the game with a hair style like him.. Kinda like how the fans had fake James Harden's beard.

EL_MACHETE
12-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Doesn't he have 2 years left? Might as well wait till he's an expiring. They should have dumped him when it was the difference between losing harden or keeping harden.

Yea it would be pointless to Amnesty him now. They could always trade him next year bcuz of his expiring contract..

TrueFan420
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Yea it would be pointless to Amnesty him now. They could always trade him next year bcuz of his expiring contract..

Yea that's what I was suggesting he will have value next year. They messed that up big time tho.

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM
For some reason I like it. Since Okc are very loyal to its team I think the fans would come to the game with a hair style like him.. Kinda like how the fans had fake James Harden's beard.

haha beard I can handle but that hair, I dunno. hey brah, whatever floats your boat

IDunknown
12-03-2013, 09:15 PM

He hasn't had a high top fade since preseason.

EL_MACHETE
12-03-2013, 09:34 PM
haha beard I can handle but that hair, I dunno. hey brah, whatever floats your boat

LoL

NBA_Starter
12-04-2013, 09:58 PM
They may as well just give him away.

king4day
12-04-2013, 10:45 PM
Why would NY trade their only trade piece for a guy who won't help them and a pick that won't be valuable. I'd demand more if I'm NY.

FriedTofuz
12-05-2013, 12:07 AM
rudy gay for shumpert. (Y)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2013, 04:30 AM
rudy gay for shumpert. (Y)

more ISO players to the knicks :laugh2: