PDA

View Full Version : Cousins' Unsportsmanlike Conduct Strikes Again

NoahH
11-30-2013, 05:19 PM
So i'm sure everyone has seen the video of DeMarcus cousins pulling Isaiah Thomas away from Chris Paul after the Kings' tough loss a couple days ago. Well, DeMarcus Cousins strikes again by rejecting a handshake from JJ Redick.

Thoughts?

I think its pretty classless on his part. I understand the argument that you play hard and you don't want to give in to the enemy but after the game, i think you gotta give your opponents a handshake for a good game.

1st incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Sk9qPCG5o
2nd incident: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hB4PsjHqDM

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 05:28 PM
I was going to post about how he needs to get his ego checked, but I realized we don't have all the circumstances. We don't know if the clips were talking *** the whole game, in which case it's reasonable to not shake hands. Chris Paul was taunting him more by walking to the middle of the floor with his hand out. That's not showing respect.

Sactown
11-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Are you kidding?? Chris Paul has been taunting him for two games straight and received a technical for swearing at him.. These teams aren't friends.

savvy1803
11-30-2013, 05:33 PM
So i'm sure everyone has seen the video of DeMarcus cousins pulling Isaiah Thomas away from Chris Paul after the Kings' tough loss a couple days ago. Well, DeMarcus Cousins strikes again by rejecting a handshake from JJ Redick.

Thoughts?

I think its pretty classless on his part. I understand the argument that you play hard and you don't want to give in to the enemy but after the game, i think you gotta give your opponents a handshake for a good game.

I see your point but for me it's not that big of deal, in the playoffs after a series clinching game it should be expected though from all parties concerned , no exceptions . I have really tired of the constant hand holding from team mates during the regular season after every made or missed free throw , we get it you support your team but it's getting a bit silly .

Most players swap palms with the other team's starters before tip off as well so unless this was a playoff series deciding game i am ok with this , some may feel differently but it does'nt bother me in the least .

KniCks4LiFe
11-30-2013, 05:35 PM
finally someone that realizes the other team is not your friend. Normally I'd hate on DMC's attitude. But this real here. You just loss a high intensity game, your team is looked at as a foot note in the West. DMC is just letting his team know enough of this friendly ish. This is a basketball season y'all need to take serious. The problem in the NBA is everybody wants to be your best friend. Enough of that ish, this competition.

Isaiah wants to shake hands while teams are losing, he needs to learn these losses do mean something. CP3 ain't yo friend.

Sactown
11-30-2013, 05:37 PM
finally someone that realizes the other team is not your friend. Normally I'd hate on DMC's attitude. But this real here. You just loss a high intensity game, your team is looked at as a foot note in the West. DMC is just letting his team know enough of this friendly ish. This is a basketball season y'all need to take serious. The problem in the NBA is everybody wants to be your best friend. Enough of that ish, this competition.
And on top of that these teams have a serious dislike for each other... Blake was T'd up for going after Cousins yesterday... Where's that thread?

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 05:37 PM

You can still show respect while been a competitor. The two are not exclusive.

KniCks4LiFe
11-30-2013, 05:44 PM
You can still show respect while been a competitor. The two are not exclusive.

Not in these type of situations. If it's a playoff series ending, yeh, shake hands walk off. But here nah. The Kings sleep too much, they need an attitude change. They need to realize hey that other guy doesn't give a f__ about you. DMC gave Thomas a reality check there. WE LOSS, what you looking for in shaking his hand?

Jenceman
11-30-2013, 05:47 PM
I love DMC attitude

PartyPoison15
11-30-2013, 05:52 PM
People taunt DMC alllllll the time to try and get him to do something, he's a great talent but he needs to mature.

The whole Blake Griffin thing is more a w/e. He get's a pass cuz he's in commercials and all that ****, so they let him be a fake tough guy from time to time.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-30-2013, 06:04 PM

Thoughts?

Dude...this was DURING the game.

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I mean he did call Sean Elliott immature. hahahahahaaha

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/11/demarcus-cousins-suspended-sean-elliot_n_2115397.html

But seriously, talking sh..t to tim duncan is a no win argument. Don't piss off the greatest power forward of all time, and he won't go all out and make you look dumb. Sean is a color commentator and for DMC to confront a color commentator for doing his job is just silly.

Hulk6
11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
this society is becoming so soft... go watch some ball from the 90s and see where this ranks up.. grow some balls OP

PartyPoison15
11-30-2013, 06:14 PM
this society is becoming so soft... go watch some ball from the 90s and see where this ranks up.. grow some balls OP

This x100

kblo247
12-01-2013, 09:34 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/11/demarcus-cousins-suspended-sean-elliot_n_2115397.html

But seriously, talking sh..t to tim duncan is a no win argument. Don't piss off the greatest power forward of all time, and he won't go all out and make you look dumb. Sean is a color commentator and for DMC to confront a color commentator for doing his job is just silly.
One of the leagues worst color commentators there is, not as bad as Tommy in Boston but still awful. I mean the guy called odom during games Mr. Kardashian, he's a joke of a commentator. Want to find a guy visiting one check out Matt Harpring.

But back to the thread topic, I don't have a problem with, as he doesn't have to like the Clippers. He damn sure doesn't have to respect them unless they earn it and stuff like the flopping CP has done him and Blake being dirty doesn't help.

The kings need to stop taking *** whoopings, don't shake the hand of the people that kicked your ***. Get mad, want revenge, and use it as a motivation to be a better team. He's tired of the treadmill and losing while a lot of the others accept it. There's a lot of Sheed in him

OKC
12-01-2013, 09:58 AM
I want to like Cousins competitiveness but im not buying it until he actually plays according to his mentality.
don't act like you want to win and then play zero defense and be incredibly inefficient.

KG21
12-01-2013, 10:14 AM
We will never know what really happened, but on the other not.

WHO CARES, I like him this way. I like his attitude. Everybody is all buddy like. I don't like it.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-01-2013, 10:18 AM
I dont like DMC, but I like his attitude towards other teams.

They are not your friends and you dont have to shake your enemies hand.

Method28
12-01-2013, 10:29 AM

One of the leagues worst color commentators there is, not as bad as Tommy in Boston but still awful. I mean the guy called odom during games Mr. Kardashian, he's a joke of a commentator. Want to find a guy visiting one check out Matt Harpring.

But back to the thread topic, I don't have a problem with, as he doesn't have to like the Clippers. He damn sure doesn't have to respect them unless they earn it and stuff like the flopping CP has done him and Blake being dirty doesn't help.

The kings need to stop taking *** whoopings, don't shake the hand of the people that kicked your ***. Get mad, want revenge, and use it as a motivation to be a better team. He's tired of the treadmill and losing while a lot of the others accept it. There's a lot of Sheed in him

Cousins is the one who constantly throws jabs and elbows at Blakes face but Blake is dirty?

GiantsSwaGG
12-01-2013, 01:51 PM
As much as I hate this thug, I'm not mad not one bit he didn't shake Reddick hand... You shouldn't be friends with your oppnents

Sly Guy
12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
never understood the whole concept that you have to hate the guy you're playing against.

Cal827
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
He wasn't being rude, he just didn't want to damage Reddick's hand further than he thought it was:

http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#1-10063785

Red_Pill
12-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Personally, I like this. We need more of this in the NBA instead of the buddy-buddy crap.

beasted86
12-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Sour grapes.

Shaking hands is for the purpose of letting your opponents know "no hard feelings". Whatever physical play, trash talk, or so forth was to gain a competitive advantage and win the game. Not because you genuinely hate your opponent, wish injury, or were trying to purposely injure your opponents.

When you don't shake hands, that's the only thing that is left to believe. So the next time you do play the only thing you can believe is "this guy really is a dirty player that hates me and is trying to injure me on purpose". I don't want NBA players playing against each other with that mindset. I don't want to buy into mindset that every hard foul given they have a malicious intent to hurt the next guy.

FOBolous
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Cousins is the most overrated player ever and the Kings suck.

FlashBolt
12-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Okay. You clearly want to go back to the old days in which they caused fights for the silliest of reasons. I bet you wouldn't want that if you were the one playing in the NBA.

Asik's better
12-01-2013, 05:00 PM
I love this from cousins. You just lost close game, no need to be freinds with everyone in the league.

astonmartin10
12-01-2013, 05:20 PM
I like it. We all are friends in the NBA needs to stop.

ThaDubs
12-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Oh **** he rejected a handshake. Better fine and suspend him.

ThaDubs
12-01-2013, 05:26 PM
I like it. We all are friends in the NBA needs to stop.

Hell yeah. People in the NBA didn't like eachother back in the day. Now they're all buddies with eachother. I want to see people getting punched and stepped over. But that won't be happening soon because the refs will call a flagrant if you push someone.

rhino17
12-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I applaud cousins

Flop city deserves no respect

True Sports Fan
12-01-2013, 05:46 PM
Cousins is the most overrated player ever and the Kings suck. Overrated? Lmfao stop talking out of your house. COUSINS never gets any respect

Ill21
12-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I liked what he did tbh. :shrug:

Cracka2HI!
12-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Cousins does look like a d-bag again because he actually injured Reddick on a hard play that was borderline dirty. To hurt someone and not shake his hand will get you bad press for sure. That said I didn't really have a problem with it.

ThaDubs
12-01-2013, 06:26 PM

You say a lot of stupid ****, and this right here is a perfect example of some of the stupid **** you say. I bet you're just mad he's not on the Rockets.

NYKnickFanatic
12-01-2013, 07:24 PM
DMC is a boss. I wish more players had his attitude.

NYKnickFanatic
12-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Cousins > Dwight.

FOBolous
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
You say a lot of stupid ****, and this right here is a perfect example of some of the stupid **** you say. I bet you're just mad he's not on the Rockets.

says the person who thinks there's a conspiracy against the warriors. Would you like to whine again about how much the league hates the warriors

ThaDubs
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
says the person who thinks there's a conspiracy against the warriors. Would you like to whine again about how much the league hates the warriors

They don't hate the Warriors, they just rigged the game (which just so happened to be nationally televised) the other day so that it would go down to the wire and get more views. If you had watched the game you'd know that. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the truth.

Asik's better
12-01-2013, 08:15 PM
They don't hate the Warriors, they just rigged the game (which just so happened to be nationally televised) the other day so that it would go down to the wire and get more views. If you had watched the game you'd know that. It's not a conspiracy, it's just the truth.

While you are right in that cousins isn't overrated, it's really hard to take you seriously when you type dumb crap like this. It would be like me saying the refs helped the spurs get back in the game just because calls went against the rockets.

ThaDubs
12-01-2013, 08:57 PM
While you are right in that cousins isn't overrated, it's really hard to take you seriously when you type dumb crap like this. It would be like me saying the refs helped the spurs get back in the game just because calls went against the rockets.

Just the way I saw it. I seriously recommend watching a replay of the game and I'm sure you'll agree. I've got nothing else to say to you until you've seen the game for yourself.

JLynn943
12-01-2013, 09:22 PM
I don't think people understand how intense Clippers/Kings games can get. Kings and Clippers are not friends by any means. CP3 is a **** every time the teams play. I love what Cousins did.

mjt20mik
12-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Why does he need to be all buddy buddy with the Clips?

Asik's better
12-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Just the way I saw it. I seriously recommend watching a replay of the game and I'm sure you'll agree. I've got nothing else to say to you until you've seen the game for yourself.

I watched the game, yes there was ****** calls but the refs are humans. When the home team is making run and the crowd are getting into it, the refs get caught up with the emotion of the game. Just look at the Houston v.s spurs game. When the spurs started their run, suddenly they got all the calls their way. It's because the refs got caught up with the hype of the crowd. Yes it's annoying refs are humans and have emotions but until they create robot refs, we just have to put up with it.

John Walls Era
12-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Not gonna lie: but i like this. CP3 and the CLippers always play chippy against the Kings. Cousins isn't gonna take that passive aggressive BS. Chris Paul likes to be friends after the game, but during the games hes scratching and clawing for that win. Not hating on him either, but theres nothing wrong with what Cousins did.

QueensG_718
12-01-2013, 10:49 PM
I like it. These guys are too nice to each other nowadays. He's bringing that 90's gritty basketball back.

lol, please
12-02-2013, 02:29 AM
this society is becoming so soft... go watch some ball from the 90s and see where this ranks up.. grow some balls OP:clap: :clap: :clap:

PurpleLynch
12-02-2013, 08:02 AM

It's ironical since you have a Howard's sig,one of the most overhyped center of all time.Yes,Howard is a very good player,excellent defense and good athleticism(even if it isn't at his peak anymore). But Cousins has a jumper and post moves that Dwight will never get in his entire career.Plus free throws.Plus he's younger and a fighter. He's just immature...like Howard I guess.