PDA

View Full Version : Knicks and Nets are very entertaining this year

Sssmush
11-30-2013, 06:08 AM
I know that some people are saying that the Knicks are playing super crappy and that the Nets are a huge disappointment, but I'd just like to say that both the Knicks AND the Nets are very very entertaining and fun to watch this year. Both teams have a lot of personality, and in fact watching these teams is one of the more fun aspects of this early NBA season. Both teams are somewhat scrappy but also have big stars (Carmelo, Pierce, Garnett, Deron, Jason Kidd) who are very fun to watch, and both teams also engage their opposing teams very directly without a lot of "system" -- they just play heads up and they go for a lot of direct isolation on offense and play out their defense matchups. Both teams have kind of a macho style, and imo both of these teams are extremely interesting and represent some of the best entertainment in NBA basketball. Everyday on sportscenter and then on First Take etc these teams are providing a lot of highlights and stories, and yes I know some analysts are being overly critical but I really feel these teams should get a lot more credit for being kind of awesome and playing a very special, unique brand of east coast basketball that really you don't see everyday, playing heads up, offensive isos, man defense, etc. I mean win or lose these teams are box office and this is a fun NBA season thus far.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-30-2013, 07:03 AM
ISO-Melo/JR chucking is entertaining? :laugh:

Eagles710
11-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Nice Way to say it ... Hmm, Interesting but I disagree

Way I really feel ... You must be blind ? what did you watch in them that's fun ? ... Good players missing shots? ... Not playing real basketball ? .... Bad Coaching ... bad team effort ? .. seems like a amazing game !

go watch

Pacers
Thunder
Heat
Spurs ( Actually spurs are boring ? not sure why lol )
Portland !
Clippers
rockets

YoungOne
11-30-2013, 08:01 AM
ISOs are entertaining?

a pierce ISO isnt entertaining for years now

JNA17
11-30-2013, 08:09 AM
If you mean entertaining as in watching a titanic collapse metaphorically, than yes it is very entertaining.

c.c.
11-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Yes its very entertaining watching two teams in the same city with playoff caliber teams compete for league worst record.

JNA17
11-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Yes its very entertaining watching two teams in the same city with playoff caliber teams compete for league worst record.

...With no first round picks.

:laugh:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-30-2013, 10:46 AM
...With no first round picks.

:laugh:

illuminati

mightybosstone
11-30-2013, 10:57 AM
I've only seen them play a couple of times this season. The Knicks were somewhat entertaining in that they at least kept it close and Carmelo still hits big shots as well as anybody in the league. The Nets were just an absolute train wreck. Regardless, when these two front offices put these teams together, they weren't thinking "at least they'll be entertaining," they were thinking "these bastards better contend." They're not right now, and unless things change, both teams will be viewed as epic disasters. Especially the Nets, who were a playoff team last year, added two first-ballot Hall of Famers and somehow become one of the worst teams in the league.

However, in both teams' defense, they're really hurting right now. Brooklyn's offense IS Deron Williams, and New York's defense IS Tyson Chandler. Once they get those guys back, I'm fairly confident they'll improve enough to at least make a run at the postseason by the end of the season.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2013, 11:47 AM
ISO-Melo/JR chucking is entertaining? :laugh:

it's entertaining watching ny teams lose!
:D

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2013, 11:48 AM
I've only seen them play a couple of times this season. The Knicks were somewhat entertaining in that they at least kept it close and Carmelo still hits big shots as well as anybody in the league. The Nets were just an absolute train wreck. Regardless, when these two front offices put these teams together, they weren't thinking "at least they'll be entertaining," they were thinking "these bastards better contend." They're not right now, and unless things change, both teams will be viewed as epic disasters. Especially the Nets, who were a playoff team last year, added two first-ballot Hall of Famers and somehow become one of the worst teams in the league.

However, in both teams' defense, they're really hurting right now. Brooklyn's offense IS Deron Williams, and New York's defense IS Tyson Chandler. Once they get those guys back, I'm fairly confident they'll improve enough to at least make a run at the postseason by the end of the season.

has melo hit a game winning/tying shot all season?

TylerSL
11-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The Knicks have been **** for 2 reasons and will continue to be **** until they solve these issues. The first is they are a terrible defensive team. Say what you want about Chandler being injured, but the level of defense they've been playing is purely unacceptable. They should not be this bad even without Chandler, its just flat out lack of effort.

The other reason as to why they've been extremely bad is ball movement. They do not move the ball well on offense often sticking with isolation from Melo, and JR, or just the chucking of shots from Felton, and Barg. The Knicks season will not get better until they pick up the effort on defense and move the ball and spread the floor on offense. The more they jerk off on defense and remain stagnant on offense, the more the losses will pile up.

What the worst part of it is, is the Knicks players having all these team meetings saying they have to "right the ship" and that "somehow" they will do so. They act so flabbergast about losing and they dont seem to understand why they lose, they just say, "somehow we'll get on track." The problem is they will never get back on track if they don't pick it up on defense and move the ball on offense. The Knicks have the fewest amount of turnovers/game because the ball doesn't move. Only 1-2 guys will touch the ball each possession. Its not that they don't have talent, they do, they just play the game wrong.

Whats sad is it doesn't seem like they realize it...

The Nets, just lol......

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-30-2013, 12:00 PM

Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 2m
Melo now 1 for his last 15 on potential game-tying/winning shots in last 30 seconds of a game. Was 5-of-14 in 2011-12.

:oldguy:

mightybosstone
11-30-2013, 12:36 PM

I couldn't tell you. Like I said, I haven't watched hardly any Knicks games this year. But it's hard to hit any game tying shots when you're losing by double digits in the fourth quarter. I don't even know how many opportunities the guy has had.

D-Leethal
11-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Another bash the Knicks thread PSDers rejoice

spl3nda
11-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Not sure which dictionary you used to find the definition of the word "entertaining". I've watched every minute of every game this year as a Knicks fan, and minus a couple of blocks and dunks Tyson made early in the season, they have been extremely difficult to watch. They play junior varsity level defense, miss wide open shots, and continuously enter the 4th quarter down 10 points. I will say that their 4th quarter play is somewhat "entertaining", as they play a lot better then, but going in down double digits over and over and over make it impossible for them to take the lead and win the games. Melo's been disappointing, yet I will defend him to the grave because he has zero help and must feel like he has to shoulder the load (and he's obviously not doing that well at this point).

I found myself saying "Tank for Wiggins" the other day only to remember that we don't have a draft pick coming to us for years to come. I'm not counting them out until Tyson comes back though, because I really feel like his injury has caused this awful awful play.

As far as the Nets go, I don't watch them, but when I look at the scoreboard on ESPN and see them down 20+ the majority of the time, I can't imagine they're entertaining to watch either.

blahblahyoutoo
11-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Melo's been disappointing, yet I will defend him to the grave because he has zero help and must feel like he has to shoulder the load (and he's obviously not doing that well at this point).

IIRC melo forced the help out of town when he said i want max contract trade all your assets and draft picks to get me or I'm not signing the extension k thx bye.

archdevil84
11-30-2013, 02:54 PM
for the knicks i'm starting to feel a little sad, but dont care much either as long as they keep losing
as for the nets, the more losses the better LOL!

*Silver&Black*
11-30-2013, 03:11 PM
If Nets keep this up, Hawks can switch 1st round picks (thanks to the Joe Johnson trade :)), then the Hawks pick goes to the Celtics. So Hawks could end up going to the playoffs and have a lottery pick for this draft. Keep it up Nets. Would be nice seeing Parker or Randle with Horford and Teague.

Sssmush
11-30-2013, 03:23 PM
I mean if it gets to 9 10 11 in a row that becomes high drama. Then ventually u get a heroic Carmelo performance because the attention annoys him so much

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 03:25 PM
So who's the best team in New York? hahahahaaha

WadeKobe
11-30-2013, 03:30 PM
Before the season started I had the Nets as a 6/7 seed and te Knicks missing the playoffs at 39 wins. Lol.

And people called me crazy.

Now the Knicks lost their best player in Tyson Chandler.

therealwd27
11-30-2013, 04:24 PM

Btw Melo is 1-15 last 4 years in shots with 30 seconds or less to tie game or take lead.

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 04:40 PM

I see it as more like trash talking. It happens in sports all the time. People should have a thick skin by now.

slashsnake
11-30-2013, 05:06 PM
I haven't found either teams very entertaining and this is coming from a guy who always enjoyed watching the Melo and JR no pass offense in the past. I am getting tired of seeing Stoudemire as a 5 point guy, Kmart unable to move, Bargnani as the worse rebounding and defending 7 footer ever in the league, and Metta looking like he should have retired.

As for the Nets, that has to be the least entertaining team out there in my opinion. Pierce and Garnett are shells of what they once were right now and watching them lob brick after brick is the most depressing thing in the league outside of Derrick Rose's knees. Deron has been not even close to the same when he plays, and the only things they do well is draw fouls and foul opponents (top 5 in free throws and fouls). To me whistles to stop the game and points from the line isn't "exciting basketball". Throw in Jason Terry, AK47 and Reggie Evans and there's just too much old and slow and no longer what they once were...

Sssmush
11-30-2013, 05:38 PM
I mean everybody makes a lot of good points, but these teams still offer a level of raw box office and entertainment that is just priceless. I mean, when I hear that Carmelo and the Knickerbockers have lost 9 in a row, I mean you got my attention. And for sure that is the first score or highlights I an going to check everyday. I mean can it get to like 20 in a row? It's exciting, it's BOX OFFICE and it gives me kind of a warm glow inside. I mean they might not be the best team but they are very high profile so that makes ir wxtremelty interesting and therefore entertaining. And when they do start winning we will see the awesome accolades flow to them, the triumphant postgame quotes from Carmelo and Smith, it is awesome. What team is really more entertaining? The Clippers is like watching paint dry, and Wade and Lebron are entering their fat Elvis stage.

As for the Nets, watching Pierce and Garnett isolated is endlessly fascinating, like watching two lobsters in a lobster tank, you really can get a good look at them and their game. The Jason Kidd spilled coffee incident was brilliant, probably the buggest and most entertaining NBA story if the season. I mean this just looks like a team that very well could make the playoffs. Which is awesome.

THE MTL
11-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Seeing the knicks and Nets play is just sad.

colinskik
11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Seeing the knicks and Nets play is just sad.

It's gonna be some edge of your seat action when they play each other this week.

SPURSFAN1
11-30-2013, 08:52 PM
It's gonna be some edge of your seat action when they play each other this week.

Someone has to win. lol

c.c.
12-01-2013, 12:11 AM
Someone has to win. lol

:clap: good one

SPURSFAN1
12-01-2013, 12:49 AM
:clap: good one

Calling it here. Who ever loses, gets their head coach fired.

mightybosstone
12-01-2013, 12:52 AM
Calling it here. Who ever loses, gets their head coach fired.

Kidd won't get fired. It's his first season coaching, and they've missed Williams and Lopez for huge chunks of games. He'll get until at least the All-Star break to get the team on the right path before there's any serious talks about replacing him. Woodson, on the other hand, is likely to get fired pretty soon. I actually really like the guy as a coach, but the Knicks aren't any good and someone has to take the blame. Unfortunately it will be him, when it's hardly his fault.

SPURSFAN1
12-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Kidd won't get fired. It's his first season coaching, and they've missed Williams and Lopez for huge chunks of games. He'll get until at least the All-Star break to get the team on the right path before there's any serious talks about replacing him. Woodson, on the other hand, is likely to get fired pretty soon. I actually really like the guy as a coach, but the Knicks aren't any good and someone has to take the blame. Unfortunately it will be him, when it's hardly his fault.

Probably. Would be funny as hell to get fired by the team that just retired your jersey.

mightybosstone
12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Probably. Would be funny as hell to get fired by the team that just retired your jersey.

Yeah, and that's why they'll probably give him a lot more wiggle room than he likely deserves. Because he was one of the greatest players in franchise history. He'll probably get at least a full first year even if the Nets fail to make the playoffs.

torocan
12-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Only because half of the fans will be day dreaming about being on a plane out of town and be reaching for the barf bag...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sssmush
12-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I was thinking what does Knickerbockers (knicks) mean?

We know "knickers" means underwear, so are knickerbockers a team that knocks (or bonks) your underwear off? Or they bock the knickers off some bunnie lasses, so much that is their name? That is kind if awesome, like the "panty sharks" or something, or the "g-string bandits".

The "nets" is a funny name too. It's like if a football team was called "the end zones"

Guppyfighter
12-01-2013, 04:01 PM
I told a Knick fan once that the Knicks are not a playoff team without Chandler. Glad to see them prove it.

Can't wait for Chandler to come back to make them a viable playoff team in the East again.

torocan
12-01-2013, 07:40 PM

We know "knickers" means underwear, so are knickerbockers a team that knocks (or bonks) your underwear off? Or they bock the knickers off some bunnie lasses, so much that is their name? That is kind if awesome, like the "panty sharks" or something, or the "g-string bandits".

The "nets" is a funny name too. It's like if a football team was called "the end zones"

Knickerbocker is an old slang term for a New Yorker, specifically referring to the aristocracy of the original settlers of New York and the style of pants they wore.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/history/whatsaknickerbocker.html

The more you know...

Sssmush
12-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Knickerbocker is an old slang term for a New Yorker, specifically referring to the aristocracy of the original settlers of New York and the style of pants they wore.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/history/whatsaknickerbocker.html

The more you know...

Indeed...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=knickers

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knickerbockers_(clothing)

BirdIsTheWord
12-01-2013, 11:46 PM
If Nets keep this up, Hawks can switch 1st round picks (thanks to the Joe Johnson trade :)), then the Hawks pick goes to the Celtics. So Hawks could end up going to the playoffs and have a lottery pick for this draft. Keep it up Nets. Would be nice seeing Parker or Randle with Horford and Teague.

Nuggets are in the same situation with the Knicks :D

Knicks21
12-01-2013, 11:53 PM

Gee you guys are really running out of material. At least a Knickerbocker is a actually a New Yorker, the Lakers on the other hand...

Guppyfighter
12-02-2013, 12:09 AM
Where is the Knicks fan with the signature of my quote saying the Raptors and Sixers will run the division in three years?

I want to see it.

TheNumber37
12-02-2013, 12:16 AM
They need to combine their rosters.

Crackadalic
12-02-2013, 12:18 AM
It's like watching your girl cheating on you yet you can't help but stare every time she does it

Sad indeed for both teams

torocan
12-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Depressing New York basketball fact.

If you combined the Knicks and Nets wins, you'd still be a sub .500 team at 8-9. And they still would be in the bottom half of the NBA.

On the other hand, they would be leading the Atlantic Division by 1 1/2 games and holding on to the 4th seed.

cssdmark
12-02-2013, 01:04 AM
The Knicks have been **** for 2 reasons and will continue to be **** until they solve these issues. The first is they are a terrible defensive team. Say what you want about Chandler being injured, but the level of defense they've been playing is purely unacceptable. They should not be this bad even without Chandler, its just flat out lack of effort.

The other reason as to why they've been extremely bad is ball movement. They do not move the ball well on offense often sticking with isolation from Melo, and JR, or just the chucking of shots from Felton, and Barg. The Knicks season will not get better until they pick up the effort on defense and move the ball and spread the floor on offense. The more they jerk off on defense and remain stagnant on offense, the more the losses will pile up.

What the worst part of it is, is the Knicks players having all these team meetings saying they have to "right the ship" and that "somehow" they will do so. They act so flabbergast about losing and they dont seem to understand why they lose, they just say, "somehow we'll get on track." The problem is they will never get back on track if they don't pick it up on defense and move the ball on offense. The Knicks have the fewest amount of turnovers/game because the ball doesn't move. Only 1-2 guys will touch the ball each possession. Its not that they don't have talent, they do, they just play the game wrong.

The Nets, just lol......
This is the best post. I am a Knicks fan and everything stated above is true. Only thing is the Knicks players are either two stupid to realize above or they are deliberately trying to get the coach fired. I am starting to believe it is the first one including the coaches

ThaDubs
12-02-2013, 01:15 AM
This thread just makes me lol

QueensG_718
12-02-2013, 01:18 AM
Knicks and nets are so bad right now that when we play each other on Thursday were both going to lose

NYKNYGNYY
12-02-2013, 01:21 AM
How us this thread up all it is is a troll n cash thread...

FriedTofuz
12-02-2013, 01:24 AM

what's happening in your sig, lack of defense by the knicks? Just wondering cus I see Amare's back facing the defense. WTF LOL

lol, please
12-02-2013, 02:26 AM
Dubs are more entertaining than both.

Kashmir13579
12-02-2013, 02:52 AM
With an OP like that, the fact that this thread is still open is a testament to how poorly this forum is kept. Bad form, mods. Bad form.

SPURSFAN1
12-02-2013, 03:03 AM
When teams come out with this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwEtEwyFUk they need to be made fun of. lol

shep33
12-02-2013, 03:10 AM
If the Knicks lose Thursday... all hell will break loose. But yeah, no need for this thread. Troll thread

TheMightyHumph
12-02-2013, 03:24 AM
Knicks and nets are so bad right now that when we play each other on Thursday were both going to lose

Stern wil not allow that

Lakers + Giants
12-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Troll thread should be closed!

*Superman*
12-02-2013, 03:32 AM
Not sure if this has crossed any Knicks fans, but with that horrible record so far, tied for worst in the East AND they are giving away their 2014 1st round pick to Denver, it's just not looking good at all. You're talking about what could be a top 5 pick at the moment given to another team.

2014 first round draft pick to Denver
New York's 2014 1st round pick to Denver [Denver-Minnesota-New York, 2/22/2011]; Denver may convey this pick to Orlando (see Denver Debits)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-02-2013, 03:43 AM
Isiah coached Knicks were better than this team.

Sssmush
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
This is the best post. I am a Knicks fan and everything stated above is true. Only thing is the Knicks players are either two stupid to realize above or they are deliberately trying to get the coach fired. I am starting to believe it is the first one including the coaches

Yes. I mean I stand by my statement that the Knicks are super entertaining and box office this year, if nothing else because they are so high profile and there is such incredible drama. However, I see two things going on:

1. We saw a couple years ago what happened with Carmelo essentially running D'Antoni out of town--what seemed to be kind of a "soft" upper management kind of just tossing D'Antoni under the bus in order to keep Carmelo from being exposed (Dantoni is a lot about hustle and contrary to popular opinion a lot about hustle on defense and without the ball) and from having to face the blame of reversing the Knicks awesome Linsanity run and turning the team into the kind of thing we're seeing now.

2. This fact that Carmelo was instrumental in throwing D'Antoni under the bus is a HUGE obvious reason why everybody mindlessly chattering about "Carmelo to the Lakers in free agency" are just off their nut. Carmelo not coming, and seriously, he is not the max guy for the Lakers. This should be more and more obvious everyday.

3. You can already hear hints of Carmelo blaming Woodson in the postgame interviews and we can expect the volume on this to just continually increase. It's at the point where Carmelo is almost saying everything except that it is totally the coaches fault. But again, this just adds to the overrall drama and is this kind of grand reality show drama is a big part of what makes NBA action fantastic.

4. imo, what the Knicks really need is continuity, to develop a team over time. Whether that means keeping Woodson or hiring somebody else.... it just seems like they need some years to develop a system and let somebody build them into a team with an identity. Honestly I would very seriously consider trading Carmelo and I don't know if he's worth anything but I would also consider trading JR Smith. The team needs to be pulling 100% WITH the coach and all working together, and at this point the season is more or less a disaster so you might really consider trading Carmelo's expiring. Don't see how they can dump Amare unless maybe he retires or stretch provision or amnesty... but jeez at some point you just gotta cut your losses.

I really think the Laker's D'Antoni "Moneyball" approach this year is opening some people's eyes, and it's just ridiculously clear that loading up with three max guys (Carmelo, Amare, Chandler, etc or Pierce, Garnett, Deron) is just not that effective in terms of wins, losses and championships. UNLESS that guy is a Lebron, a Durant, a Kobe, a Westbrook, an Aldridge, a CP3, an Anthony Davis. There's maybe 4 other guys on that list and Carmelo is not one of them.

Impatiently pulling the trigger on the Denver trade now seems sooooooo bad and it wasn't even necessary. And the Amare signing was just horrible, maybe the worst free agent signing in history. Who knew that when all this was going down a couple years ago we were actually witnessing a show stopping topper to the Friedrich Wiess incident? I mean HOW does the team go from being well positioned, tons of cap room, lots of hot young talent, very solid Olympic coach, to this. I mean it is practically an indictment of the entire free agent "superstar" mentality of the league. Like these guys can do everything except win a basketball game it is utterly ridiculous.

Sssmush
12-02-2013, 07:28 PM
When teams come out with this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrwEtEwyFUk they need to be made fun of. lol

^^ jeebus spliced that is epic

WES KOAST
12-03-2013, 12:07 AM
I know that some people are saying that the Knicks are playing super crappy and that the Nets are a huge disappointment, but I'd just like to say that both the Knicks AND the Nets are very very entertaining and fun to watch this year. Both teams have a lot of personality, and in fact watching these teams is one of the more fun aspects of this early NBA season. Both teams are somewhat scrappy but also have big stars (Carmelo, Pierce, Garnett, Deron, Jason Kidd) who are very fun to watch, and both teams also engage their opposing teams very directly without a lot of "system" -- they just play heads up and they go for a lot of direct isolation on offense and play out their defense matchups. Both teams have kind of a macho style, and imo both of these teams are extremely interesting and represent some of the best entertainment in NBA basketball. Everyday on sportscenter and then on First Take etc these teams are providing a lot of highlights and stories, and yes I know some analysts are being overly critical but I really feel these teams should get a lot more credit for being kind of awesome and playing a very special, unique brand of east coast basketball that really you don't see everyday, playing heads up, offensive isos, man defense, etc. I mean win or lose these teams are box office and this is a fun NBA season thus far.

you do know that you could get banned for being sarcastic

AnthonyTyrael2
12-03-2013, 08:38 AM

The Nets, just lol......

+1

Sssmush
12-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Tonight's game gonna be EPIC. I know some people are already referring to it as "The Dog Bowl" but man, leaving all the records aside, this is gonna be some epic drama.

Jason Kidd vs Carmelo, Woodson vs Pierce and Garnett, Knick fans vs Brooklyn/Jersey fans. Wow, there is A LOT on the line because neither team wants to be the one to lose THIS game. Believe that.

I'm predicting something like a 3x overtime thriller decided by a single point. I'm gonna say the Nets are like a 3 point favorite, but it is pretty much a toss up. We might see Carmelo go for a monster 50 point game or something like that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Pierce is out.

Sssmush
12-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Pierce is out.

Knicks seem to be rolling right now but I still think this goes 3x overtime. Book it.

Sssmush
12-05-2013, 09:06 PM
seriously this is going to be high drama. It's going to get into the fourth quarter and these guys are going to realize that one of them is actually going to lose this game and they will very likely fight like junk yard dogs at that point.

3x overtime

Captain Moroni
12-06-2013, 01:18 AM
well my knicks stink a little less tonite. And I am taking it. Thank you Brooklyn.

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Knicks seem to be rolling right now but I still think this goes 3x overtime. Book it.

Guess not...

Paul Jeffrey
12-06-2013, 02:11 AM
I'd really, really, really like to hear somebody make an argument that the Nets will make the post season.

These stupid idiots don't know the first thing about basketball. I've never seen a group of dumb ****s scramble on every defensive play, and on offense to just stand there and watch the ball handler until there's 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

I don't blame Billy King, I don't blame Proky, I don't blame Kidd. I blame the stupid idiots who dress up to play basketball.

I honestly wonder how these morons made it to the NBA. Really I do. I've never seen a team at that level lack so many fundamentals.

It's time to blow up the Nets. Release KG and Paul Pierce. Trade JJ and agree to eat a big part of his contract. Sit DWILL the whole year and trade Lopez to a contending team like the Thunder.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2013, 03:00 AM
I'd really, really, really like to hear somebody make an argument that the Nets will make the post season.

These stupid idiots don't know the first thing about basketball. I've never seen a group of dumb ****s scramble on every defensive play, and on offense to just stand there and watch the ball handler until there's 3 seconds left on the shot clock.

I don't blame Billy King, I don't blame Proky, I don't blame Kidd. I blame the stupid idiots who dress up to play basketball.

I honestly wonder how these morons made it to the NBA. Really I do. I've never seen a team at that level lack so many fundamentals.

It's time to blow up the Nets. Release KG and Paul Pierce. Trade JJ and agree to eat a big part of his contract. Sit DWILL the whole year and trade Lopez to a contending team like the Thunder.

its the coach

Paul Jeffrey
12-06-2013, 03:26 AM
its the coach

No it is not. These idiots had the same issues last year.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2013, 03:30 AM
No it is not. These idiots had the same issues last year.

Nets have vets. They cant forgot how to play the game.

JKidd is the worst coach in the NBA right now.

Kashmir13579
12-06-2013, 03:40 AM
You have to love all those ex-Knicks fans, who thought they were jumping ship for greener pastures.

Carbine15
12-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Both of these teams suck, the Nets are worst off though because they have the worst coach in the NBA.

The saddest part of this whole thing is niether have there first round pick so of they stink it up badly there lottery picks are gone else where.

Ill21
12-06-2013, 11:15 AM
You have to love all those ex-Knicks fans, who thought they were jumping ship for greener pastures.

This. Remember that guy Punk who was the biggest Knicks fan in the world and the jumped ship to Brooklyn?

72 Wins
12-06-2013, 11:21 AM
One of the worst games I've seen this year. The 4th quarter looked like a scrimmage playground game (the kind where everyone wants to go home, but ppl agree to one last game).

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Both of these teams suck, the Nets are worst off though because they have the worst coach in the NBA.

The saddest part of this whole thing is niether have there first round pick so of they stink it up badly there lottery picks are gone else where.

and both of them have league's highest payroll :speechless:

SluggeR
12-06-2013, 11:53 AM
With all honesty, the Knicks vs. Nets game was entertaining last night (until it got out of hand). I'm a Knicks fan and there have been plenty of games this year I couldn't watch. Any time you watch a professional sport and the players+crowd are emotionally invested in the game, it's very entertaining..

Scottroberts154
12-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Both of these teams are a disgrace to sports.

Ezio
12-06-2013, 12:24 PM

Both were picked to be in the top 5 of the East.

NYKnickFanatic
12-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Dupe. :)

Sssmush
12-10-2013, 01:45 AM
With all honesty, the Knicks vs. Nets game was entertaining last night (until it got out of hand). I'm a Knicks fan and there have been plenty of games this year I couldn't watch. Any time you watch a professional sport and the players+crowd are emotionally invested in the game, it's very entertaining..

Yes! Thank you. That is what I was trying to say.

And I mean like the NY v Boston game, I mean I won't say that was a good game, but I thought there was a lot of drama right up until opening tipoff just because of the cities and the rivalry and there is a certain chemistry and history there. So I mean we're a quarter of the way into the season and so Knicks vs Boston at MSG is probably one of the top 10 or 20 marquee games of the season so far. So it's pure entertainment it was just kind of a freak that the Knicks lost by 40 or whatever. But I don't think they'll be losing games by 40 on the tail end of 9 game losing streaks in February. That would be amazing drama for this to drag out like that but I don't think that will happen, I think they'll get hot and start winning some games soon, they just need to stay the course.

akagiredsuns
12-10-2013, 02:10 AM

11/10/13 SA 120, NYK 89
11/16/13 ATL 110, NYK 90
12/8/13 BOS 114, NYK 73

Define close please. :facepalm:

AnthonyTyrael2
12-10-2013, 02:21 AM
nahhh, those box scores must be wrong. it has been much closer than those sheets misleadingly tell. go by the eye, man, go by the eye. that paper lies. :D

Sssmush
12-11-2013, 05:46 PM
again, epic duel between Kyrie and Carmelo on Tuesday night, with Kyrie dominating and emerging the clear winner

Sssmush
12-17-2013, 03:39 PM
I thought the ending to the Knicks game last night was one of the most fascinating and entertaining we've seen all year. I saw a tweet from Haralabos Voulgaris and checked out the highlights... wow. I mean it just drives the drama, then I can't wait to listen to First Take and the other ESPN shows the next day.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Knicks will always be the laughing stock of the NBA...

DoMeFavors
12-18-2013, 01:24 AM
I liked when Knicks had a good team and shot alot of 3s, like last yr. Living in the area I do, I get Nets and Knicks games. I love my Nets but I cannot stand watching Knicks this yr. They are slow and for most of the game its Melo post ups. Plus their crowd isnt into bball anymore.

P&GRealist
12-18-2013, 01:46 AM
I liked when Knicks had a good team and shot alot of 3s, like last yr. Living in the area I do, I get Nets and Knicks games. I love my Nets but I cannot stand watching Knicks this yr. They are slow and for most of the game its Melo post ups. Plus their crowd isnt into bball anymore.

Couldn't agree more.

Btw dude, Deron Williams looks fat in your pic.

RipCity32
12-18-2013, 01:48 AM
Nets will be fine but the Knicks are a mess.