PDA

View Full Version : Andre Drummond might be the worst free throw shooter ever

shep33
11-30-2013, 03:05 AM
As a rook he shot 37%, this year he's down to 22.6%. At Uconn he was under 30% from the line as well...

Love this kid though, but I worry about this aspect of his game keeping him off the floor.

Some vids of his freethrows:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UbDt_0LwpI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtaGtQLbiVw

ThaDubs
11-30-2013, 03:14 AM
He's a terrible FT shooter but he's an amazing talent and he is a super hard worker.

shep33
11-30-2013, 03:17 AM
He's a terrible FT shooter but he's an amazing talent and he is a super hard worker.

Totally agree. He's a beast inside on both ends and an amazing rebounder.

But he's just so bad at the line, that I don't think he can play in crunch time ever... at least until he fixes it. I mean Dwight shoots like 49% and that's awful... this guy is way worse though.

Just don't understand how you can play basketball and be this bad at the line. Great kid though, hope he fixes this, because he has the potential to be the best big in the NBA

LAKobeBryant
11-30-2013, 03:19 AM
that 240p made me question if it was a 2013 video

Iron24th
11-30-2013, 03:39 AM
Looks like stuckey's advice in the first one didn't work at all.

P&GRealist
11-30-2013, 03:47 AM

How do you work hard and get worse in your free throws?

Lifting weights, running a mile isn't handwork, that's just what comes with being an athlete. That is the expected minimum require for all athletes.

Working hard is what you do on the practice floor in terms of how to get better in your basketball craft. If you're really working hard and putting time into it, it should show in the game.

sjbirds
11-30-2013, 03:48 AM
If he's such a hard worker why hasn't he gotten better at fts?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-30-2013, 04:29 AM
Andris Biedrins is worse

dalton749
11-30-2013, 04:45 AM
I didn't play ball for over a year, went to the gym and was hitting 60%. how can a guy that's life is basketball be so bad at it

Bulls_fan90
11-30-2013, 05:22 AM
I didn't play ball for over a year, went to the gym and was hitting 60%. how can a guy that's life is basketball be so bad at it

Ask Shaq.

WARRIORS@GR
11-30-2013, 06:49 AM
I really think he will improve it soon.He does not have the ''**** it" lazy look on his face,so there is some hope.

But,I always wanted to ask this.Is a guy allowed to shot a FT by jumping inside from the line?I mean,with his vertical and his size,he could come very close to the basket with his feet on the line.:confused::laugh:

PurpleJesus
11-30-2013, 06:58 AM
I have never been able to understand why some NBA players are so bad at FT's. It is the easiest shot in basketball, and is for every level of the game (I guess other than an uncontested layup). A guy can shoot something like 55% inside against contested shots, but can shoot only 30% with a medium range uncontested shot? Just makes no sense to me.

sammyvine
11-30-2013, 07:05 AM
he's need to improve

he worse than dwight howard!

YoungOne
11-30-2013, 07:59 AM
I remember a thread from preseason, where a guy said that he improved his ft shooting cause he was 7-11 in one game, that worked out well :D

JNA17
11-30-2013, 08:06 AM
You all have seen how much of an effect Dwight's terrible free throws can have for their respective teams. For Drummond to be even WORSE...possibly THE WORST EVER!

That's going to kill the Pistons if they decide to keep Drummond long term. Yes he is very talented at such a young age and CAN improve if he worked on them. But honestly imo, trade Drummond instead and keep Monroe long term.

But looking at the Pistons FO, they will either trade or let go Monroe instead of Drummond either way. Which would be a huge mistake. But it's also there fault for having HUGE contracts for Josh Smith and Jennings.

MonroeFAN
11-30-2013, 08:18 AM
I remember a thread from preseason, where a guy said that he improved his ft shooting cause he was 7-11 in one game, that worked out well :D

That was me. Not sure what I was thinking. It wasn't in one game, it was through out the entire pre-season and it honestly looked like he had improved a lot over the off-season.

The homer in me seriously thinks the NBA should abolish the hack-a-shaq strategy and hand out fines/suspensions if it's used as a strategy. There's nothing entertaining about watching that. Free throws are just that, Free throws. They're a reward for being fouled, fouls shouldn't be used strategically.

But of course I want him to be able to play in crunch time, and that's why I'm saying that. He's an awesome player, and is just simply a terrible FT shooter.

RipCity32
11-30-2013, 11:51 AM
3/4 last night, For some reason teams haven't really been using hack a Shaq on him. Hes gotta get better for sure but I still think a lot of it is mental and he will eventually get to the upper 40s lol.

WES KOAST
11-30-2013, 12:17 PM
I have never been able to understand why some NBA players are so bad at FT's. It is the easiest shot in basketball, and is for every level of the game (I guess other than an uncontested layup). A guy can shoot something like 55% inside against contested shots, but can shoot only 30% with a medium range uncontested shot? Just makes no sense to me.

its not the easiest shot. you not in rhythm like when you're moving and playing. if it was so easy, why isn't kobe averaging 100%?

WES KOAST
11-30-2013, 12:18 PM
chris Dudley worst ft shooter in history. worst %, worst form, worst everything

RipCity32
11-30-2013, 12:34 PM
He's almost back up to 30% now at 28% LMFAO.

JNA17
11-30-2013, 12:52 PM
He's almost back up to 30% now at 28% LMFAO.

Progress!

Almighty Push
11-30-2013, 01:11 PM
its not the easiest shot. you not in rhythm like when you're moving and playing. if it was so easy, why isn't kobe averaging 100%?

Last time I checked Kobe's FG% isn't 80%.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-30-2013, 01:42 PM
Uses his wrist too much so he got air balls in that link.