PDA

View Full Version : Todays Era

iDefend10
11-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Now before I ask my question I do NOT want this to turn into a flame fest or get trolled over and over and over again. Seriously leave that BS out of here.

Is todays era stronger than the 80s/90s/70s? Weaker? About even? I know different positions have seen a rise and fall in dominance. such as today the center position to me is almost non-existent. Growing up watching guys like Dream, Admiral, Malone, Barkley, Kareem, Parish, etc... it was incredible. I feel todays NBA is more guard oriented and alot of players are playing out of position because their team doesn't have a true 4 or 5. For example Chris Bosh he is not a 5 his natural position is a 4. What are your guys thoughts?

Also I feel like that when the generation that brought in Kobe, Dirk, KG, Duncan, Nash, etc. The NBA wont be the same and that old school mentality will be gone. Maybe its just my nostalgia kicking in and honestly I thoroughly enjoy todays athletes and always will love the NBA and watch it religiously. It's gonna be sad to watch those guys go.

jerellh528
11-29-2013, 09:21 PM
Geez, how many times is this topic gunna come up?

iDefend10
11-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Oh sorry n ***** lol I stopped lurking on sports forums for a while man didn't realize this was a reoccurring topic like that. Mods can remove it if they want.

Dade County
11-29-2013, 10:15 PM
There are more athletic and talented players overall in today's game.

The 90's had the indivual greats, and the 80's had historic greats... But it's just like Robert Horry said a while back, today's player will run all over most of the 80's players, in there tight short shorts.

Peopel are going to bring up the 80's defense, and say Lbj, Wade, Kobe, AI and others couldn't handle it... lmao.

iDefend10
11-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Wasn't the 80s when the NBA pace and scoring was at its highest? Correct me if I'm wrong.

TheBigChief
11-29-2013, 10:59 PM

relax geekazoid, he's not hurting anybody

lol, please
11-29-2013, 11:58 PM

This. :facepalm:

But to answer the OP, weaker by far.