PDA

View Full Version : Mavs targeting Bosh

diu9leilomo
11-28-2013, 01:42 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/230870/Executives-Expect-Mavericks-To-Target-Chris-Bosh-In-Free-Agency

Thoughts?

I see him staying, Dirk + Bosh wont cut it.

shep33
11-28-2013, 03:00 AM
Why?

hotdalton18
11-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Plz take him , Miami wants a true center and we'll play Beasley at the 4

hotdalton18
11-28-2013, 03:07 AM
Mavs are ridiculous

They want any big name FA and miss out most the time lol

rockets-fan
11-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Mavs are ridiculous

Bosh and a second for Asik and fillers

Though Terrance jones is playing amazing as of late

JLynn943
11-28-2013, 03:22 AM
It says that executives expect the Mavs to target him, not that they definitely are. I don't know why they would since a jump-shooting big isn't something they need, but who knows.

Supreme LA
11-28-2013, 03:29 AM

Stupid. Miami doesn't win a title without Bosh spreading the defense on the court.

John Walls Era
11-28-2013, 04:21 AM
LOL Beasley is gonna replace Bosh? Yeah lets bring back the starting forward of the Heat team that won like 14 games that one year.

LeperMessiah
11-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Why?

Exactly.

murphturph
11-28-2013, 04:39 AM

Show some respect man. Bosh is underrated as **** these days

Goose17
11-28-2013, 05:33 AM
Show some respect man. Bosh is underrated as **** these days

This^

Part of me wants to see Bosh get traded because I think people have forgotten just how great an individual talent he really is.

Pakman
11-28-2013, 05:54 AM
Mavs are ridiculous

Though Terrance jones is playing amazing as of latelol rockets will never contend. So sad.

Goose17
11-28-2013, 06:08 AM
Beverley - Harden - Parsons - Bosh - Howard

That could be interesting to watch...

WVNowitzki
11-28-2013, 06:08 AM
What sense would this make?

Straight from Dallas's main beat writer - Mike Fisher

NBA executives ‘expect the Mavs to target Chris Bosh,’ according to an ESPN report on Wednesday that plants a sloppy seed that has grown into an illogical and errant tree of information. Dallas has already firmed up its summer-of-2014 shopping list and Bosh stands atop it? This is nonsense on a trio of important levels

This is nonsense. ESPN is not gospel, wish more people would wake up and realize this. Sheep.

Goose17
11-28-2013, 07:14 AM

This is nonsense. ESPN is not gospel, wish more people would wake up and realize this. Sheep.

Rumours are rumours. Regardless of where they come from. It's fun to discuss.

Heediot
11-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Stupid. Miami doesn't win a title without Bosh spreading the defense on the court.

They still win a championship by using his money on a decent center and other fillers.

Slug3
11-28-2013, 08:38 AM

Though Terrance jones is playing amazing as of late

Is this a joke? Ask is no where even close to being half as good as Bosh. The dude averages like 5 points a game for his career or something.

Slug3
11-28-2013, 08:39 AM
They still win a championship by using his money on a decent center and other fillers.

What decent center?

c.c.
11-28-2013, 09:32 AM
lol rockets will never contend. So sad.

I'm just curious, why you hating on the Rockets? Their team core was just assembled and young enough to play together for awhile. Are you a an angry Laker fan who's mad because Dwight decided to come here or a Harden hater that hates the fact that he gets to the FT line so much?

JNA17
11-28-2013, 09:33 AM
What could the Mavs offer that the Heat would want? Samuel Dele?

That and the Mavs already have a shooting big man in with Dirk. Their also not gonna trade Ellis obviously so what else could they do?

DallasTrilla23
11-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Dirk needs a defensive center, Cuban would be dumb to do this

Goose17
11-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Is this a joke? Ask is no where even close to being half as good as Bosh. The dude averages like 5 points a game for his career or something.

And scoring points is the definition of a good player?

Asik would vastly improve the defense around the rim. Miami don't need any more scoring, they've got three point shooters falling over each other to get some playing time and the best player in the league plus Wade.

Asik would make sense but you would also need to trade for a stretch 4 ideally.

c.c.
11-28-2013, 09:49 AM

That's because he's not a scorer and only started one season. He's an defensive rebounding type of player. That year he started he averaged 10 points, 11 rebounds, and a block a game. All his points basically came off rebounded put backs, so that means plays was hardly set up for him unlike a Chris Bosh type of player. Its kinda hard to compare the two because they are totally different for one another.

Goose17
11-28-2013, 09:52 AM
What could the Mavs offer that the Heat would want? Samuel Dele?

That and the Mavs already have a shooting big man in with Dirk. Their also not gonna trade Ellis obviously so what else could they do?

Picks? I mean Miami have to prepare for the worst, Wade isn't getting any younger (or healthier) and Lebron has the opt out clause for this year.

In the worst situation imaginable, Lebron and Bosh could both leave and Miami would get nothing. They would be left with Wade who maybe has another 5 good seasons in him if he stays healthy (big if). And what else would they have? Ray Allen pushing 40 and a bunch of role players?

I doubt anyone opts out though, unless they do it to sign for less money to help cap space (or more money if they think they deserve it). I see Lebron staying in Miami either way.

Best case scenario is everyone stays, but in reality trading Bosh for Dalembert and a future first or two would be the best Dallas could offer.

Miami can continue to contend without Bosh, they'll likely save money and have some decent picks to get young talent. I highly doubt this happens though.

Miltstar
11-28-2013, 10:11 AM
That's because he's not a scorer and only started one season. He's an defensive rebounding type of player. That year he started he averaged 10 points, 11 rebounds, and a block a game. All his points basically came off rebounded put backs, so that means plays was hardly set up for him unlike a Chris Bosh type of player. Its kinda hard to compare the two because they are totally different for one another.

This has nothing to do with your post really, but the team in your sig would be hilarious to watch play... three ball hogs and 2 of the best centers of all time! unfortunately I dont think they would ever get the ball...

c.c.
11-28-2013, 10:18 AM
This has nothing to do with your post really, but the team in your sig would be hilarious to watch play... three ball hogs and 2 of the best centers of all time! unfortunately I dont think they would ever get the ball...

Lol off rebounds from their jump shot misses

SteBO
11-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Any heat fan that wants Bosh gone should be ashamed of themselves....

Heediot
11-28-2013, 10:36 AM
What decent center?

Let`s say they had a guy like Asik and a stretch 4 like David West. They are harder to beat with that size and they can match-up against more teams. Bosh gives you good help defense, but he is over-matched against physical guys and bigger guys.

Dade County
11-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Bosh is going anywhere...

The team that really wants him is Houston, but it's not going to happen.

I remember when Houston was trying to sign Bosh as a free agent, Morey told Bosh that the HEAT wouldn't even win 50 games that upcoming year.

One of Morey’s arguments for the Rockets is that their deep roster will offer Bosh a better chance to win than a Miami or New York Knicks roster gutted to create the salary-cap room needed to sign free agents.
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-GM-Morey-meets-with-free-agent-Bosh-1702187.php

:laugh2:

The Rockets will also stress that if Bosh joins the Rockets, they're likely a 60-win team. If he forms a triumvirate with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, the Rockets believe the team won't have enough supporting talent to support a championship team. The Rockets believe such a pairing would produce a 45-win team.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17346/the-rockets-pitch-to-bosh

"We feel like we'd be an elite team in the West [with Bosh], as good as anyone," Morey said. "We're a team ready to win. The core of players we had won more games than any team without a superstar, and now we're going to add Yao Ming. Adding Chris Bosh with Yao, I think we could be a 60-win team."

Yao sent Bosh a message on Twitter about an hour before the negotiating period for free agents opened. Yao said Tuesday that he'll be 100 percent healthy for training camp after sitting out last season following foot surgery.

"Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us next season," Yao said. "I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5345081

Daryal Morey dreams about Bosh...lol

Dade County
11-28-2013, 10:58 AM

I remember when Houston was trying to sign Bosh as a free agent, Morey told Bosh that the HEAT wouldn't even win 50 games that upcoming year.

:laugh2:

The Rockets will also stress that if Bosh joins the Rockets, they're likely a 60-win team. If he forms a triumvirate with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade in Miami, the Rockets believe the team won't have enough supporting talent to support a championship team. The Rockets believe such a pairing would produce a 45-win team.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17346/the-rockets-pitch-to-bosh

"We feel like we'd be an elite team in the West [with Bosh], as good as anyone," Morey said. "We're a team ready to win. The core of players we had won more games than any team without a superstar, and now we're going to add Yao Ming. Adding Chris Bosh with Yao, I think we could be a 60-win team."

Yao sent Bosh a message on Twitter about an hour before the negotiating period for free agents opened. Yao said Tuesday that he'll be 100 percent healthy for training camp after sitting out last season following foot surgery.

"Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us next season," Yao said. "I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5345081

One of Morey’s arguments for the Rockets is that their deep roster will offer Bosh a better chance to win than a Miami or New York Knicks roster gutted to create the salary-cap room needed to sign free agents.
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-GM-Morey-meets-with-free-agent-Bosh-1702187.php

therealwd27
11-28-2013, 11:13 AM
We need Bosh. Without him we don't win back to back. People under value him but he is essential to our success

c.c.
11-28-2013, 11:36 AM

Yeah right, I rather have Terrence Jones. He's about 10 years younger and at least 10 millions dollars cheaper. His game has really been impressive lately. Right now Bosh is "obviously" the better player but by the end of the season that "obviously" word will not be included! Just my opinion

Chronz
11-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Thread bump from 2009?

mightybosstone
11-28-2013, 11:44 AM
lol rockets will never contend. So sad.

I think they're potentially a contending team now. Their biggest holes going into the season were PG and PF and both Lin and Jones are having phenomenal starts to the year. Once they get everyone healthy and learn to close out games in the fourth quarter, they'll be one of the four or five best teams in the league. They're already tied for the sixth best record in the NBA and they have the fourth best point differential.

c.c.
11-28-2013, 12:06 PM
I think they're potentially a contending team now. Their biggest holes going into the season were PG and PF and both Lin and Jones are having phenomenal starts to the year. Once they get everyone healthy and learn to close out games in the fourth quarter, they'll be one of the four or five best teams in the league. They're already tied for the sixth best record in the NBA and they have the fourth best point differential.

I noticed its a lot new Rockets haters since the Dwight signing. Harden was a very likable guy these previous years but now I'm seeing the hate towards him now

Goose17
11-28-2013, 12:21 PM
I noticed its a lot new Rockets haters since the Dwight signing. Harden was a very likable guy these previous years but now I'm seeing the hate towards him now

Well the media hasn't helped. The reports of him punching a random guy in the face, bullying Lin etc etc

John Walls Era
11-28-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah right, I rather have Terrence Jones. He's about 10 years younger and at least 10 millions dollars cheaper. His game has really been impressive lately. Right now Bosh is "obviously" the better player but by the end of the season that "obviously" word will not be included! Just my opinion

:laugh: At the end to the season the Rockets will be watching Bosh contend for another championship. Lol Terrence Jones.

Slug3
11-28-2013, 12:33 PM

It's also hard to compare because asik is not on the same level as Bosh. There as a reason why he was a top free agent target and asik was not.

Crackadalic
11-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Unless it's for a top 3 lottery pick bosh isn't going anywhere

mightybosstone
11-28-2013, 12:38 PM
:laugh: At the end to the season the Rockets will be watching Bosh contend for another championship. Lol Terrence Jones.

Since when did you become a Rockets troll? You rip on Houston every chance you get and have become an unbelievable douche.

That's okay smart guy. Keep making wise cracks. Here are some fun facts for you.....
1. As a starter this year, Jones is averaging 14.4 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.6 blocks per game on .566/.500/.632 shooting percentages. Bosh leads Jones in only points and FT%.
2. Jones has a higher PER and WS/48 than Bosh.
3. Jones has a superior TRB% than Bosh.
4. Jones makes $1.55 million and is 21 years old. Bosh is making $19.07 million and is 29.

So keep laughing it up while you still can. If Jones keeps this up, I'd much rather have him than Bosh.

gatkins11
11-28-2013, 12:48 PM

Bingo.

Heatcheck
11-28-2013, 01:12 PM

well ill be goddamned! I actually agree with something you wrote.
be careful, it may become a habit

Heatcheck
11-28-2013, 01:18 PM

probably because of that one howard fan who insists he's the best thing since sliced bread and keeps trying to shove him down our throats. and the fact that harden is taking the whole exaggerating contact thing to a ridiculous new level.

mightybosstone
11-28-2013, 01:30 PM
probably because of that one howard fan who insists he's the best thing since sliced bread and keeps trying to shove him down our throats. and the fact that harden is taking the whole exaggerating contact thing to a ridiculous new level.

I don't know of a single poster on this site who "insists he's the best thing since sliced bread," and I fail to see why Harden gets more criticism for exaggerating contact than other stars in the league who do the exact same thing. It's hardly a new strategy. Star wings have been doing it for years, but apparently it's all Harden's fault and everybody should hate him? That's ********.

Yanks All Day
11-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Bosh is so severely underrated now that its almost comical. Miami doesn't win any championships without him. Period. Is he soft? Yes. Absolutely. But people see all these weird faces he makes and the memes about him and assume he's some kind of a joke on the court. Every big game Miami has played in and won, Bosh has made a big impact. Whether it was the Pacers series when Wade could barely make it down the court or the Spurs series last year where he came up with rebound and block after rebound and block, he's been big time whenever the Heat really need him. That can't be over-stated.

LeBron and Wade can carry the Heat through the regular season, probably with their eyes closed. But Chris Bosh helps them when they need it most- in the playoffs.

mightybosstone
11-28-2013, 01:45 PM
Bosh is so severely underrated now that its almost comical. Miami doesn't win any championships without him. Period. Is he soft? Yes. Absolutely. But people see all these weird faces he makes and the memes about him and assume he's some kind of a joke on the court. Every big game Miami has played in and won, Bosh has made a big impact. Whether it was the Pacers series when Wade could barely make it down the court or the Spurs series last year where he came up with rebound and block after rebound and block, he's been big time whenever the Heat really need him. That can't be over-stated.

LeBron and Wade can carry the Heat through the regular season, probably with their eyes closed. But Chris Bosh helps them when they need it most- in the playoffs.

I agree with most of what you're saying here, but that bolded statement is simply untrue. Bosh had a truly mediocre postseason last year and had a few really, really bad games. I mean, the guy had 0 points and missed all 5 shots with 5 fouls in Game 7 against the Spurs last year. And his Game 4 and 6 against Indy were also pretty abysmal.

Does Miami win those titles without Bosh. Not likely. But the guy did not play anywhere close to his best basketball in the playoffs last season.

diu9leilomo
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
It's simple. If bosh wins this year, he'll be staying. Otherwise, Lebron will leave. Bosh gonna head else where to take a max deal and be the number 1 option again. I don't see player will join the Heat once Lebron is gone, I have a feeling Wade will be gone as well. HOWEVER, if Heat wins, everybody stays.

t_money25
11-28-2013, 02:44 PM
We need Bosh. Without him we don't win back to back. People under value him but he is essential to our success

Exactly. Bosh has made the biggest sacrifice to his game out of all the players on the roster. Whenever Bosh buckles down and focuses on defense and rebounding the Heat reach their full potential. Bosh still stretches the floor on offense cause he can shoot from just about anywhere. Trading Bosh would be a mistake in my opinion.....especially for Asik?? Man please. Playing center for the Heat is about more than just blocking shots. You gotta be able to run the floor and switch on pick and rolls with ease. Asik doesn't do that.

Heatcheck
11-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I don't know of a single poster on this site who "insists he's the best thing since sliced bread," and I fail to see why Harden gets more criticism for exaggerating contact than other stars in the league who do the exact same thing. It's hardly a new strategy. Star wings have been doing it for years, but apparently it's all Harden's fault and everybody should hate him? That's ********.

no buddy no, everyone flops, and they've been doing it for years, but not as absurdly as that. you just saw a video someone posted here the other day that shows it perfectly, hes ridiculous and like the post references, he gets hate for it, not that everyone hates him.

Goose17
11-28-2013, 02:53 PM
It's simple. If bosh wins this year, he'll be staying.

He'll need to decide before the playoffs if he wants to use his ETO.

He could always sign with Miami again in FA I suppose.

J_M_B
11-28-2013, 03:16 PM
LOL Beasley is gonna replace Bosh? Yeah lets bring back the starting forward of the Heat team that won like 14 games that one year.

Beasley wasn't on that team ..

Miami was the 5th seed in both of Beasley's first two years in the league.

blahblahyoutoo
11-28-2013, 05:41 PM
bosh ain't going nowhere. winning it again will solidify that.

FOBolous
11-28-2013, 06:21 PM
bosh ain't going nowhere. winning it again will solidify that.

OR losing to Indiana cause of Roy Hibbert will change that.

astonmartin10
11-28-2013, 06:28 PM
They will throw a lot of money at Bosh might convince him. But I think he likes being the 3rd wheel.

IndyRealist
11-28-2013, 06:36 PM
As a clear 1st option, with the offense built around him, Bosh is a 24/12 player and the 2nd best PF in the league. He's got post moves for days. Toronto really wasn't all that long ago.

lajoie
11-28-2013, 07:18 PM
Mavs also targeted Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Dwight Howard not too long ago. That didn't work out very well for them either.

gatkins11
11-28-2013, 08:11 PM
BSPN at work.

JC_
11-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I agree with most of what you're saying here, but that bolded statement is simply untrue. Bosh had a truly mediocre postseason last year and had a few really, really bad games. I mean, the guy had 0 points and missed all 5 shots with 5 fouls in Game 7 against the Spurs last year. And his Game 4 and 6 against Indy were also pretty abysmal.

Does Miami win those titles without Bosh. Not likely. But the guy did not play anywhere close to his best basketball in the playoffs last season.

I actually loved his play in game 7. He had some bs foul calls against him and he still played hard when he was on the court. He saw that Lebron and Wade we're on fire so he played smart and didn't force his own shots like a very large number of NBA players would.

He does annoy me when they play big teams like Indy but he comes up big when it matters most.

Chrisclover
11-29-2013, 01:09 AM
i heard that lakers is on the same move

Supreme LA
11-29-2013, 01:34 AM
Let`s say they had a guy like Asik and a stretch 4 like David West. They are harder to beat with that size and they can match-up against more teams. Bosh gives you good help defense, but he is over-matched against physical guys and bigger guys.

I don't think you realize that is no where near the team defender Bosh is which is exactly what Miami's strength is on that side of the floor. This doesn't even take into account the fact that Bosh can stretch opposing centers all the way to the 3 pt line to creat those wide open lanes for Lebron to do his thing. David West is a good man defender but he is more suited for a half court offense and his range doesn't stretch out as far as Bosh.

John Walls Era
11-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Since when did you become a Rockets troll? You rip on Houston every chance you get and have become an unbelievable douche.

That's okay smart guy. Keep making wise cracks. Here are some fun facts for you.....
1. As a starter this year, Jones is averaging 14.4 points, 7.9 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.6 blocks per game on .566/.500/.632 shooting percentages. Bosh leads Jones in only points and FT%.
2. Jones has a higher PER and WS/48 than Bosh.
3. Jones has a superior TRB% than Bosh.
4. Jones makes $1.55 million and is 21 years old. Bosh is making $19.07 million and is 29.

So keep laughing it up while you still can. If Jones keeps this up, I'd much rather have him than Bosh.

Rockets troll? I like them, but facts are facts.

So out of the many arbitrary stats, you can only find 3 to support Jones? Thats not very impressive. How many games as Jones been a starter? 3-4?

c.c.
11-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Exactly.Bosh has made the biggest sacrifice to his game out of all the players on the roster. Whenever Bosh buckles down and focuses on defense and rebounding the Heat reach their full potential. Bosh still stretches the floor on offense cause he can shoot from just about anywhere. Trading Bosh would be a mistake in my opinion.....especially for Asik?? Man please. Playing center for the Heat is about more than just blocking shots. You gotta be able to run the floor and switch on pick and rolls with ease. Asik doesn't do that.

Bosh didn't sacrifice all that money like D-Wade and LeBron did though. That's way more important than sacrificing a number 1 option role.

MikefromMars
11-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Bosh is from Dallas. I think it makes a lot of sense.

c.c.
11-29-2013, 11:27 AM

Dwight Howard is from Atlanta but he didn't choose the Hawks. LeBron left the Cavs also, so what's your point.

PurpleLynch
11-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Cuban is crazy...And by the way,it's off topic,but I'm curious. I don't remember when,but a long time ago,in Italy,they aired a Cuban's commercial about horrible shoes/sneakers.It is the first and last time I saw that commercial.My question is,Cuban's shoes/snickers are famous in the Usa? I can't find the video on youtube,I just remember that in that commercial there were a pair of horrible shoes/sneakers.

OlivaThor
11-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Mavs were targeting every big name in free anency past 10 years .. no big deal

TylerSL
11-29-2013, 01:19 PM

plz leave...

TylerSL
11-29-2013, 01:32 PM

no.... just no....

Do you realize how close this past NBA Finals was? If there was ever year to have co-champions, it was last season. Everything the Heat do starts with Bosh. Bosh spreads the floor for Lebron and Wade, pulling opposing bigs out of the lane. Lebron and Wade proceed to attack the paint bringing guys from the perimeter out to help, and that's when they kick it out to guys like Allen, Battier, Beasley, Chalmers, Cole, Lewis, and Jones. That is what completely overwhelms teams and makes us so damn scary, and it starts with Bosh. Do you really not understand this?

Getting rid of Bosh would just uproot everything the Heat do. Its not worth a "real center and fillers". Last I checked we had a really good cast that works perfect for our team. And when people say "real center," I dont know what the **** your talking about because no big time center in this league will be available until after the 14-15 season, so what we do next season without Bosh and nobody to fill his absence, just wait with cap space like Dallas has?....

Good luck convincing Lebron to sign on to that.....

diu9leilomo
11-29-2013, 02:00 PM
no.... just no....

Do you realize how close this past NBA Finals was? If there was ever year to have co-champions, it was last season. Everything the Heat do starts with Bosh. Bosh spreads the floor for Lebron and Wade, pulling opposing bigs out of the lane. Lebron and Wade proceed to attack the paint bringing guys from the perimeter out to help, and that's when they kick it out to guys like Allen, Battier, Beasley, Chalmers, Cole, Lewis, and Jones. That is what completely overwhelms teams and makes us so damn scary, and it starts with Bosh. Do you really not understand this?

Getting rid of Bosh would just uproot everything the Heat do. Its not worth a "real center and fillers". Last I checked we had a really good cast that works perfect for our team. And when people say "real center," I dont know what the **** your talking about because no big time center in this league will be available until after the 14-15 season, so what we do next season without Bosh and nobody to fill his absence, just wait with cap space like Dallas has?....

Good luck convincing Lebron to sign on to that.....

It all depends on who the Heat is playing, I still felt the Heat were lucky last year to win the final...let alone Duncan vs Bosh matchup, Hibbert was killing Bosh. I agree the Heat needs a true center to fight with other bigs, and Bosh should go back playing the 4 since most PF now are stretch 4s

t_money25
11-29-2013, 02:51 PM
Bosh didn't sacrifice all that money like D-Wade and LeBron did though. That's way more important than sacrificing a number 1 option role.

I never said anything about money. The whole discussion was about their abilities so I don't really see why you bolder that.

TylerSL
11-29-2013, 05:02 PM
I never said anything about money. The whole discussion was about their abilities so I don't really see why you bolder that.

Bosh signed the same deal as Lebron, so he did take less money. That guy your talking to is wrong.

c.c.
11-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Bosh signed the same deal as Lebron, so he did take less money. That guy your talking to is wrong.

Man please! D. Wade and LeBron took pay cuts because they made tons of money off the court and let Bosh get the big contract. Bosh is the highest paid Heat player right now, you don't know what you talking bout.

heyman321
11-29-2013, 06:01 PM

Bosh said in an interview he didn't even like the Mavericks growing up. When asked should he like his hometown team, he said "why should I?". Google it.

TrueFan420
11-29-2013, 06:06 PM
It says that executives expect the Mavs to target him, not that they definitely are. I don't know why they would since a jump-shooting big isn't something they need, but who knows.

Depends on how much longer they see dirk playing

Slade123
11-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Man please! D. Wade and LeBron took pay cuts because they made tons of money off the court and let Bosh get the big contract. Bosh is the highest paid Heat player right now, you don't know what you talking bout.

So what you're saying is they all signed the same contract but Wade Lebron make more money off the court = Bosh making more? Are you living in Bizarro world?

TrueFan420
11-29-2013, 06:11 PM
Check again buddy....
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/13-14salaries.htm

Bosh and Lebron are on the same deal. Wade makes roughly 400k less.

c.c.
11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
So what you're saying is they all signed the same contract but Wade Lebron make more money off the court = Bosh making more? Are you living in Bizarro world?

Bosh is making more off the Heat, Wade and LeBron are under paid not Bosh. Therefore Bosh is not sacrificing no money for the Heat unlike Wade and LeBron.

c.c.
11-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Check again buddy....
http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/13-14salaries.htm

Bosh and Lebron are on the same deal. Wade makes roughly 400k less.

Bosh and LeBron might share the the same contract but not the same value. For both of them to be making the same amount of money means LeBron took less.

TylerSL
11-29-2013, 06:37 PM

its obvious your the one who has no clue... Bosh and Lebron signed the same deals, Wade signed one that was about 1/2 million less......

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

this is a link to the Miami Heat payroll, here you can see, Lebron/Bosh make the same. Before you claim somebody doesn't know what their talking about, actually know what your talking about......

TrueFan420
11-29-2013, 06:41 PM
Bosh and LeBron might share the the same contract but not the same value. For both of them to be making the same amount of money means LeBron took less.

No way Lebron has more value than bosh thanks for the news flash.

They all took less than the max contract that they could have gotten elsewhere. Bosh is not the highest payed player on the team. Him and Lebron share that "honor." For Lebron to sign for the max he would be taking less than his value. You were wrong no big deal. Don't need to go back and try and change up what you said.

sunsfan88
11-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Why are all the Rockets fans in this thread so defensive about Bosh maybe joining Dallas?

Lol are they scared that Dallas may rival them for best team in Texas? Maybe they need to have more faith cause a team with Bosh, Dirk and Ellis isn't close to being better than Harden, Howard and Parsons.

Rockets fans have some major confidence problems.

JNA17
11-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Why are all the Rockets fans in this thread so defensive about Bosh maybe joining Dallas?

Lol are they scared that Dallas may rival them for best team in Texas? Maybe they need to have more faith cause a team with Bosh, Dirk and Ellis isn't close to being better than Harden, Howard and Parsons.

The Rockets already have trouble being the best team in Texas right now. Even a Dallas team with Ellis and an old Dirk is almost if not as good as a Dwight Howard, Harden, Parsons and Lin team.

Than again as much as I hate Dallas, they have a great coach and the Rockets have a down syndrome coach.

MonroeFAN
11-30-2013, 08:23 AM
I don't understand why Miami fans undervalue Chris Bosh. He is the 2nd best player on that roster, and played a huge part in both championship runs.

ATX
11-30-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't understand why Miami fans undervalue Chris Bosh. He is the 2nd best player on that roster, and played a huge part in both championship runs.

I don't get where your coming from saying Miami fans undervalue CB. The vast majority certainly don't think that, despite what a few may have said. Miami fans for a long time were the ONLY ones who realized his value and stood up for him while most others called him half a man…What a joke. Bosh has been severely disrespected, but it's hardly coming from Miami fans. But for you to say he's the second best player on the roster is laughable, and severely disrespectful of Wade…You've disrespected HEAT fans twice in this post, and that's all your doing here, NOT bringing anything of substance to this thread…And as far as that goes, we'll have to wait and see, but I don't see anyway Bosh bolts the HEAT for the Mavs. It's just a pipe dream for Dallas.

MonroeFAN
11-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Are you gonna be ok dude?

ATX
11-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Haha, ya I'm fine man..Just saying it's a double down of ridiculousness to say Miami fans undervalue Bosh and that he's better than Wade.

mightybosstone
11-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Rockets troll? I like them, but facts are facts.

So out of the many arbitrary stats, you can only find 3 to support Jones? Thats not very impressive. How many games as Jones been a starter? 3-4?
Only 3? He led Bosh in rebounds, assists, blocks, shooting percentages aside from FT%, PER, WS/48 and TRB%. How is that only 3? And the guy had started for 8 games when I made that post. Now he's started 10 games and he's still averaging essentially the same numbers. This kid is for real, and more people will recognize it as the season progresses.

mightybosstone
11-30-2013, 10:49 AM

Personally, I don't care if Bosh goes to Dallas. But to make it work, Cuban would have to do some major re-working of the team's salaries, because he can't re-sign Dirk and add Bosh based on their current salary number next season. Even if he can, I don't see that squad being better than this current Rockets team. Ellis is too inconsistent to be relied on as your top wing scorer and Dirk is only going to get older and less dominant a scorer. At best, they would have a 1-2 year window to contend.

The reason I'm posting in this thread at all is because (1) The Heat are my second favorite team and I enjoy Heat discussions, and (2) This thread has devolved into a "Rockets suck!" thread. I've seen the latter happen far too often lately. This must be what it feels like to sign a premier free agent and become a contender, because we certainly weren't getting any hate like this last year. It's both frustrating and strangely satisfying.

The Rockets already have trouble being the best team in Texas right now. Even a Dallas team with Ellis and an old Dirk is almost if not as good as a Dwight Howard, Harden, Parsons and Lin team.

Than again as much as I hate Dallas, they have a great coach and the Rockets have a down syndrome coach.
What does "being the best team in Texas" have to do with anything? We're not even 20 minutes into the regular season yet. Also, of course the Rockets aren't the best team in Texas right now. The Spurs are a well oiled machine and are coming off a near championship last year. This Rockets squad hasn't even been together 20 games and half the team has been banged up all season.

Let's have this discussion again during the playoffs or at least toward the end of the season. Houston is already starting to hit its stride offensively and once Harden is 100 percent and Lin comes back, they're going to be a deadly force to be reckoned with.

John Walls Era
11-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Only 3? He led Bosh in rebounds, assists, blocks, shooting percentages aside from FT%, PER, WS/48 and TRB%. How is that only 3? And the guy had started for 8 games when I made that post. Now he's started 10 games and he's still averaging essentially the same numbers. This kid is for real, and more people will recognize it as the season progresses.

Heat are coasting in the regular season... they dont take lower tier teams seriously. Playoff time i could trust Bosh.

mightybosstone
11-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Heat are coasting in the regular season... they dont take lower tier teams seriously. Playoff time i could trust Bosh.

Can you? Bosh averaged 12/7/2/2 on 46 percent shooting in the playoffs last season with a 16.8 PER and a .140 WS/48. Those aren't numbers of a guy who deserved to make $19 million a year. To be fair, his defense was key in a lot of those games, but he also made Roy Hibbert look like a superstar for the second year in a row.

I like Bosh, don't get me wrong. But the guy hasn't exactly stepped it up in the postseason. And I question his ability to be a reliable No. 2 or No. 3 offensive weapon in the playoffs. Reminds me a bit of Carlos Boozer in that regard.

FlashBolt
11-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Let's just say that if Miami plans on winning, they need to do something about Bosh. -4 ppg and 6 rpg is a joke. Give me Bron, Melo, Wade, and try to steal someone who is capable of defending the post. Bosh has been a huge disgrace. Other than the blocks and rebound, he hasn't done anything spectacular.

John Walls Era
11-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Let's just say that if Miami plans on winning, they need to do something about Bosh. -4 ppg and 6 rpg is a joke. Give me Bron, Melo, Wade, and try to steal someone who is capable of defending the post. Bosh has been a huge disgrace. Other than the blocks and rebound, he hasn't done anything spectacular.

You realize how little the Heat care about the reg. season? THey can win it all as the 8th seed.

slashsnake
11-30-2013, 05:39 PM
You realize how little the Heat care about the reg. season? THey can win it all as the 8th seed.

Agreed, but remember this is the guy that gave the heat zero points in game 7 of the finals, and was just owned at the end of the Indiana series.

Sure they seem to be cutting his minutes which is part of why he's having some of his worst numbers of his career out there, but coming off the worst playoff run of his career stat wise, and going into arguable the worst regular season of his career stat wise doesn't bode well for anyone.

IKnowHoops
12-01-2013, 12:36 AM
Its not that loosing Bosh would be great, but its more like gaining 3 good pieces instead of having Bosh would be more beneficial than what Bosh is giving them. I'm fine with Bosh leaving or staying. Bosh has game, it just comes and goes. I don't see him leaving because of Heat loyalty and they are winning. The Heat team is straight. They have everything they need to win a title again. Barring injury, I got them winning it again.

sunsfan88
12-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Personally, I don't care if Bosh goes to Dallas. But to make it work, Cuban would have to do some major re-working of the team's salaries, because he can't re-sign Dirk and add Bosh based on their current salary number next season. Even if he can, I don't see that squad being better than this current Rockets team. Ellis is too inconsistent to be relied on as your top wing scorer and Dirk is only going to get older and less dominant a scorer. At best, they would have a 1-2 year window to contend.

Right, and I believe I have already said that as well.

numba1CHANGsta
12-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Everyone's leaving Miami after this season, that team is done IMO, only thing keeping them alive is that weak conference.

Predictions:

Bosh-DAL/NY
Wade-CHI
LeBron-CLE/LAL

WadeKobe
12-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Beverley - Harden - Parsons - Bosh - Howard

That could be interesting to watch...

It would e a great group, and the Heat would be better with a true center like Asik.

WadeKobe
12-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Everyone's leaving Miami after this season, that team is done IMO, only thing keeping them alive is that weak conference.

Predictions:

Bosh-DAL/NY
Wade-CHI
LeBron-CLE/LAL

:laugh:

WadeKobe
12-06-2013, 08:38 PM

:facepalm:

Points are meaningless!! Bosh is matching career numbers in shooting percentage. His rebounding is horrible.

We need better rebounding from him or trade him for someone who can rebound. But who cares about 14 points? We are spreading points around and are the #1 offense. There is only one ball, and only so many shots/points to go around. Bosh's scoring is fine.

The reality is that we need much better rebounding and small-ball doesn't really work, evidenced by the fact that our offense is more efficient with Birdman at the 5. Bosh is a very good player who had been very good defensively for us, but there just isn't enough ball to go around or your third best player to be worth a max deal. The diminishing returns guarantees they won't be worth the max deal, unless their contribution is coming from rebounds on this team (Asik, for instance if he were our 5).

We need to get younger, bigger, and cheaper at the 5 if we want to keep competing.

JNA17
12-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Predictions:

Bosh-DAL/NY
Wade-CHI
LeBron-CLE/LAL

Wade at this point will never leave Miami. Also what money do the Bulls have to pull that off?

NY won't have the money for Bosh but Dallas...sure I guess.

Lebron is the question mark. It will greatly depend on if the Heat three peat this year or not. If they don't, he is probably gone. If they do, he stays.

gatkins11
12-06-2013, 09:52 PM
I seriously doubt Bosh is going to Dallas. The Mavs are my team, but I just don't see that happening.

FreakaNashur
12-06-2013, 11:01 PM

boy you crazy about beasley, sure glad you don't run the heat franchise

WadeKobe
12-06-2013, 11:06 PM
boy you crazy about beasley, sure glad you don't run the heat franchise

He is right about needing a true 5. Hell, as David Berri and Arturo Galleti have said... If Oden comes back and is healthy and productive... All bets are off.

However, no way Beasley works out in full time minutes. But we have Battier and Beasley there right now.

We are really missing Mike Miller right now. Here's to hoping we can find a good 4 in the draft in the next couple of years.

FreakaNashur
12-07-2013, 12:10 AM
I Like Bosh i don't wanna get rid of him..he spaces the floor for Bron and wade...Mike Miller was HUGE for us..we missing him that's our only problem right now..a guard to fill in for wade.

JayW_1023
12-07-2013, 01:35 PM
The Mavs have a tendency to acquire players with similar skill sets. Remember the twin Toines? (Jamison and Walker).

I don't understand why they want to mess with chemistry...they could use a young talented wing though. But Bosh would be a horrible fit next to Dirk. They need a Chandler-archetype, a rim protector,

jstone0716
12-10-2013, 04:21 PM
Why the hell would Dallas want Bosh? They need a defensive anchor... Asik or Gortat would be a great fit & Eric Bledsoe at point. They need to stop worrying so much about big names, they have Dirk & Monta.. plenty of fire power for now. Just need to get that D back.

jstone0716
12-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Luol Deng would be a great fit too.

nickdymez
12-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I see Asik as a better fit like jstone said. Would be a pretty nice squad.

AnthonyTyrael2
12-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Lebron is the question mark. It will greatly depend on if the Heat three peat this year or not. If they don't, he is probably gone. If they do, he stays.

Totally different opinion here. If they threepeat he'll be gone, imho, because what's the sense and logic and motivation to win another one or two with the same team if this would be his prime goal? If he only cares about that threepeat as you said, he should be gone after winning it.

If he cares about winning as much as he can, chasing Jordan's ghost, as everybody in history, he probably should stay, because if everybody else stays or the roster even getting improved, he has the best chance to do so for a slong as the stay competetive.

If they don't win it this year, this is either another reason to leave, as you pointed out, or he'll take it as motivation and it's a reason to stay, depeding on his character/mentality, like "don't count me (us) out, I'll prove you guys wrong and will win another chip next year" .

If they win three in a row, he might also become tired of it, looking for another challenge. Who knows?