PDA

View Full Version : Cavs shopping Dion Waiters; Bulls and Knicks in talks

Hulk6
11-27-2013, 04:42 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 47s Sources: Cavs shopping Dion Waiters. They've spoken w/Chi, NYK & Philly. No deal imminent. Waiters is open to being traded.

what do you guys think the cavs can get for him, only his 2nd year.

D_Rose1118
11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
hmmmm what would they want from chicago

probably a deal for Deng, nice expiring and they have a major hole at the 3 spot

*Superman*
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Shumpert?

nycericanguy
11-27-2013, 04:55 PM
Shump would be the piece from NY I would imagine.

An Irving/Shump backcourt does sound pretty filthy. Shump seems like a good fit next to IRving, he can defend and shoot the 3, space the floor. Irving can be the scoring guard.

Waiters would be a good piece for NY to get back and take a chance on. They need to find another star somehow.

EL_MACHETE
11-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Waiters in Chicago would be nice

rapjuicer06
11-27-2013, 05:09 PM
interesting

JEDean89
11-27-2013, 05:10 PM
This is the guy they took to pass on Drummond and Barnes, it was a major stretch to take him 4th and he would likely go 8th or so if their was a redraft. Why hell didn't they draft Valanciunas and Barnes instead of Thompson, Waiters like everyone thought they should? It's picks like this that get GM's fired, I can't believe we saw D-Williams traded for peanuts, T-Robinson and now Waiters. Teams seem determined to just ruin their draft assets.

HowBoutDemBulls
11-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Deng and Taj for Waiters, Zeller, Varejao, Karasev, Felix, Gee

rapjuicer06
11-27-2013, 05:29 PM
Trade him + a pick to Orlando for Afflalo

2-ONE-5
11-27-2013, 05:31 PM
lol Cavs already looking to deal Bennett and Waiters. They need a new scout team

Jamiecballer
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
what do you guys think the cavs can get for him, only his 2nd year.

honestly not as much as you might think.

when you are a high lottery pick, in your second season for a rebuilding club and you are being shopped you are negotiating from a position of weakness. major red flag alert. perhaps moreso because he is "open" to being traded.

Hellcrooner
11-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Man, have the cavs wasted their Companstory by lebron pity rigged picks last year and this year.

nycericanguy
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Deng and Taj for Waiters, Zeller, Varejao, Karasev, Felix, Gee

lol wtf?

Why would CLE send all that for a Deng who will be a FA and demanding big money even though he has been declining, and Taj who is making $8-9m per and will be nearing 30 as well and has never really been more than a decent bench piece?

They could probably get more for Andy V alone.

Htownballa1622
11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Outside of Irving, the Cavs picks since Lebron have been wasted.

And they think they could get Lebron? Lol

Ty_Lawson
11-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Evan, 2015 pick

Arch Stanton
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Chris Grant is competing for GM of the year with the other pitiful GMs currently in Cleveland.

hugepatsfan
11-27-2013, 08:20 PM
BOS gets: G Dion Waiters, F Earl Clark, *1st round pick
CLE gets: F Jeff Green, G Avery Bradley

* top 12 protected in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015, top 5 protected in 2016, top 3 protected in 2017, top 1 protected in 2018, unprotected in 2019

Mr. Baller
11-27-2013, 08:26 PM
He'd fit right in with the no conscience Knicks

Tmath
11-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Shump would be the piece from NY I would imagine.

An Irving/Shump backcourt does sound pretty filthy. Shump seems like a good fit next to IRving, he can defend and shoot the 3, space the floor. Irving can be the scoring guard.

Waiters would be a good piece for NY to get back and take a chance on. They need to find another star somehow.

Shump sucks. Cleveland would be stupid to make that trade.

shep33
11-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Shumpert is better than Waiters

Tmath
11-27-2013, 09:32 PM

You obviously haven't watched Shumpert play recently.

Blitzace137
11-27-2013, 09:34 PM

Just because he's mentally out of it and struggling right now, due to trade rumors, that means he sucks?

YoungOne
11-27-2013, 09:38 PM
BOS gets: G Dion Waiters, F Earl Clark, *1st round pick
CLE gets: F Jeff Green, G Avery Bradley

* top 12 protected in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015, top 5 protected in 2016, top 3 protected in 2017, top 1 protected in 2018, unprotected in 2019

why? lol

xxplayerxx23
11-27-2013, 10:06 PM

This

NBA_Starter
11-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Probably just a rumor coming from him.

Furymaker
11-27-2013, 10:38 PM
both Shumpert and Waiters have potential if they work on their shooting and start taking notes from veteran players ( although both are in bad teams ) , Shumpert on Spurs would do wonders .
I take Shump over Waiters just because of his defense

kobe4thewinbang
11-27-2013, 10:43 PM
what do you guys think the cavs can get for him, only his 2nd year.Might as well. They could get a pick for him or another auspicious young player. I still can't believe he didn't defend that 3 by Kawhi Leonard last year. If that's any indication of his defense, Cleveland should part ways with him, especially after the rumors of that fracas the team had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVY15CHD6FQ

Furymaker
11-27-2013, 10:50 PM
^ not that bad , Harden is like 3 times worse than that

shep33
11-27-2013, 11:04 PM

Still better than Waiters.

Tmath
11-27-2013, 11:05 PM
both Shumpert and Waiters have potential if they work on their shooting and start taking notes from veteran players ( although both are in bad teams ) , Shumpert on Spurs would do wonders .
I take Shump over Waiters just because of his defense

His defense is extremely overrated.

KniCks4LiFe
11-27-2013, 11:09 PM

slap yourself for saying that.

shep33
11-27-2013, 11:40 PM
slap yourself for saying that.

Nah. What makes Waiters better? His equal inefficiency on offense, or his poor defense? Or is it his poor attitude with all these allegations of him being a poor teammate?

Shumpert averages 8.2 ppg on 7.6 fga throughout his career
Waiters averages 14.4 ppg on 13.2 fga throughout his career

Offensive efficiency isn't much different...

Shumpert >>>>>>>>>>>> Waiters on defense. With their offense being equally not so special, Shumpert's superior defense makes him a better player
Shumpert is actually liked by his teammates unlike Waiters.

Oh and Iman is actually a slightly better 3 point shooter as well as a far better free throw shooter.

IndyRealist
11-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Dion Waiters was horrible in college, and he's been horrible as a pro. While they were brain-dead to draft him #4, doesn't it seem like teams are giving up on players awfully early?

Young players can take time to develop, especially when you draft them at 19 years old. At least wait until the last year of their rookie deal....

Arch Stanton
11-28-2013, 12:42 AM
Dion Waiters was horrible in college, and he's been horrible as a pro. While they were brain-dead to draft him #4, doesn't it seem like teams are giving up on players awfully early?

Young players can take time to develop, especially when you draft them at 19 years old. At least wait until the last year of their rookie deal....

Horrible compared to what? If you're saying he's horrible compared to others on the draft than it's an idiotic statement.

Arch Stanton
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Nah. What makes Waiters better? His equal inefficiency on offense, or his poor defense? Or is it his poor attitude with all these allegations of him being a poor teammate?

Shumpert >>>>>>>>>>>> Waiters on defense. With their offense being equally not so special, Shumpert's superior defense makes him a better player

Oh and Iman is actually a slightly better 3 point shooter as well as a far better free throw shooter.

Shump stinks. Recently a player in 5 yrs to log 20 min with no points, rebounds, or assists. Waiters may not play very good defense right now but has some elite skill and you don't want to trade that away for Iman Shumpert.

Bishnoff
11-28-2013, 12:53 AM
This is the guy they took to pass on Drummond and Barnes, it was a major stretch to take him 4th and he would likely go 8th or so if their was a redraft. Why hell didn't they draft Valanciunas and Barnes instead of Thompson, Waiters like everyone thought they should? It's picks like this that get GM's fired, I can't believe we saw D-Williams traded for peanuts, T-Robinson and now Waiters. Teams seem determined to just ruin their draft assets.

Yep, Cavs have made so many questionable draft selections over the last few years. Only solid pick was Kyrie (which could still be considered a bit of a gamble with the limited college games he played).

Arch Stanton
11-28-2013, 12:56 AM
You guys haven't seen the Cavs EPIC practices. That's where the magic happens!

dalton749
11-28-2013, 02:36 AM
ross for waiters was brought up too but there is no chance id take that
ross has the ability to be a way better all around player

shep33
11-28-2013, 02:58 AM
Shump stinks. Recently a player in 5 yrs to log 20 min with no points, rebounds, or assists. Waiters may not play very good defense right now but has some elite skill and you don't want to trade that away for Iman Shumpert.

I'm not saying Shump is an all-star or a great player lol, but he's better than Waiters.

You're looking at one game after the kid was thrown under the bus by Knicks management while also being put in trade rumors all year long.

Waiters is slightly more talented than Shumpert offensively, even though the numbers aren't that much better. But Shumpert is a superior defender in comparison to Waiters, and that isn't close.

WES KOAST
11-28-2013, 03:28 AM

you're over inflating shump. he's not as good as you think. better than waiters but still overrated.

WES KOAST
11-28-2013, 03:29 AM
ross for waiters was brought up too but there is no chance id take that
ross has the ability to be a way better all around player

before or after 2 knee surgeries? if rose cant explode anymore, does he have a mid range game?

shep33
11-28-2013, 03:40 AM
you're over inflating shump. he's not as good as you think. better than waiters but still overrated.

Haha, I'm not trying to exaggerate how good Shump is. I'm just stating why he's better than Waiters.

They're both likely role players in this league for years to come

5ass
11-28-2013, 03:59 AM
before or after 2 knee surgeries? if rose cant explode anymore, does he have a mid range game?

Lol terrence ross not rose

Kashmir13579
11-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Waiters aint ****.

Kashmir13579
11-28-2013, 06:00 AM

lmfao stick to what you know

Goose17
11-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Waiters isn't worth much but he's decent and could help either Bulls or Knicks.

Anybody know what Cavs are looking for in return?

c.c.
11-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Outside of Irving, the Cavs picks since Lebron have been wasted.

And they think they could get Lebron? Lol

That's what I am saying bro, all those assets wasted. Morey would of did wonders with those picks and cap space.

c.c.
11-28-2013, 10:09 AM

Another LeBron! Its like the Cavs haven't been able to pick up the pieces since he left even though they done had some great opportunities build a solid playoff team. My guess is that the Cavs will never be able to move forward until he retire or comes back (which is not likely)

HoopsMachine
11-28-2013, 10:20 AM
4 Way team deal with Bulls, Cavs, Raps, and Knicks

Bulls get: Felton, Varejao, and CJ Miles
Cavs get:Rudy Gay and Iman Shumpert
Knicks get: Dion Waiters and Bulls or Cavs 1st Rounder
Raptors get: Luol Deng and Bulls or Cavs 1st Rounder

Sactown
11-28-2013, 10:25 AM
3 Way team deal with Bulls, Cavs, and Knicks

Cavs get: Luol Deng and Iman Shumpert
If the cavs give up a first rounder this season they're ********... This years first rounder with their record is worth more than Deng (expiring) and Shumpert (mediocre) combined

c.c.
11-28-2013, 10:33 AM
If the cavs give up a first rounder this season they're ********... This years first rounder with their record is worth more than Deng (expiring) and Shumpert (mediocre) combined

Lol I think his "mediocre" is hilarious and I find him extremely overrated

BcEuAbRsS
11-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah, Bulls aren't giving up a first for this year either.

Deng + 2015 1st for Waiters.

nycericanguy
11-28-2013, 11:16 AM

reportedly asked NY for Shump but knicks said no, they want a big man.

c.c.
11-28-2013, 11:45 AM
reportedly asked NY for Shump but knicks said no, they want a big man.

I hope the Rockets don't send Asik to New York for him. Shumpert is overrated and I don't want my fellow Rockets fans in denial about this guy when he comes

Goose17
11-28-2013, 12:07 PM
"Irving called the meeting after the game and every player spoke. When Waiters was given the floor, he criticized Thompson and Irving, accusing them of playing "buddy ball'' and often refusing to pass to him. Thompson took umbrage with Waiters' words and went back at him verbally. The two confronted each other but teammates intervened before it could escalate into a fight

However, the two guards are not close. Waiters believes the Cavaliers have a double standard when it comes to Irving, sources said. He feels that while Irving is allowed to get away with loafing defensively, making turnovers and taking bad shots, he is taken out of the game for such things."

I find this interesting^ if true.

Corey
11-28-2013, 12:14 PM
Should've drafted Barnes and Oladipo. Whoops.

Kyrie, Oladipo, Barnes, Thompson, Varejao doesn't look too shabby.

Corey
11-28-2013, 12:17 PM
I find this interesting^ if true.

Waiters gets 12.5 shots per game to Thompson's 9.5. Kyrie is at 19.1, rightfully so.

He's getting more shots than Thompson and he's complaining about touches?

Htownballa1622
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM
That's what I am saying bro, all those assets wasted. Morey would of did wonders with those picks and cap space.

I can't even entertain the idea lol.

Morey, if given the opportunity to tank, would do wonders.

nycericanguy
11-28-2013, 12:22 PM
I hope the Rockets don't send Asik to New York for him. Shumpert is overrated and I don't want my fellow Rockets fans in denial about this guy when he comes

salaries don't match and I don't think you guys really have a need for a 2 guard?

Bargs would be perfect for you guys though next to DH.

I would do Bargs/Shump for Asik/Lin

John Walls Era
11-28-2013, 12:33 PM

It all makes sense if you realize that they are the Cavs.

John Walls Era
11-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Cavs could've had: Irving-Oladipo-Barnes-Varejao-Valaciunas

Tank again this year and draft Julius Randall to replace Varejao. A team of Irving-Oladipo-Barnes-Randall-Valaciunas could at minimum contend in 3 years. I'm not sold on Oladipo, but he could be replaceable.

John Walls Era
11-28-2013, 12:37 PM

THe first rounder is worth more than anything in the trade.

Arch Stanton
11-28-2013, 03:16 PM

So the Cavs are getting an overpaid average chucker, and another average player for Waiters, AV, Miles, and a 1st rounder? Awful trade!

shep33
11-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Should've drafted Barnes and Oladipo. Whoops.

Kyrie, Oladipo, Barnes, Thompson, Varejao doesn't look too shabby.

They are terrible at drafting talent. I mean if LBJ and Kyrie weren't clear cut #1's it makes you wonder who they would've selected.

Should've been a great young team by now. Kyrie, Oladipo, one of Barnes or Drummond. Truly unforgivable

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2013, 12:36 AM

Yeah, while I think Waiters might be a better fit in NYC, Iman is the better overall player as it stands. Let Iman take 13.2 FG a game and he would have the same or better output as Waiters.

As for the Waiters for Turner offers floating around, I'll pass on that too.

Turner's no all-star but I think he can net a little more than a (so-far) inefficient and one dimensional player.

shep33
11-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah, while I think Waiters might be a better fit in NYC, Iman is the better overall player as it stands. Let Iman take 13.2 FG a game and he would have the same or better output as Waiters.

Turner's no all-star but I think he can net a little more than a (so-far) inefficient and one dimensional player.

Yeah, I think Turner > Shump > Waiters

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2013, 01:39 AM
I think Shump has a couple problems. Living in NYC, I catch a few Knicks and Nets games here and there so I will contribute my incredible wealth of knowledge to address this.

1) He's gotta get out of NYC because there's simply no excuse for him getting 6 FGA per game. Melo can't spare a couple of those to help a guy out??? I know shooting isn't everything (not even close), but how's he ever going to get into a rhythm if you don't let him shoot? Shooting builds confidence and if you see those first few buckets go in it does wonders for the rest of your game.

2) He has to get over that ACL injury, obviously not an easy thing to do because that HAS to mess with your psyche and confidence, but he was a different player his rookie year. He actually attacked the basket every now and then, whereas nowadays he seems petrified to even step foot in the paint. Maybe the Knick's offensive scheme is to blame for that but he's too athletic to just sit around the perimeter all the time.

koreancabbage
11-29-2013, 01:41 AM

absolutely not. Turner is a free agent next year. You will still have control over Waiters for 1-2 more years. Why would Cleveland trade for Turner? Waiters is worth more bc he's still on his rookie contract. Turner is gonna get a bigger contract.

SeoulBeatz
11-29-2013, 01:46 AM
absolutely not. Turner is a free agent next year. You will still have control over Waiters for 1-2 more years. Why would Cleveland trade for Turner? Waiters is worth more bc he's still on his rookie contract. Turner is gonna get a bigger contract.

Well apparently that was the offer, so ask Cleveland? Cause I certainly don't know what their management is doing.

Rndy
11-29-2013, 05:39 AM

:laugh: So lets get this straight the Bulls and cavs are giving up draft picks in the best draft in a long time for that garbage? Are you crazy? The Bulls are better off just trading with CLE for Waiters they won't be losing a pick and won't be getting a ****** pg. I like Var and CJ could be good role players but Bulls get the worst of this and the Raptors get the best hmmm Couldn't be because your a TOR fan no that's not it I wonder why TOR gets the best deal here hmm...

Bulls and cavs are much better off just trading with each other Cavs don't want Rudy Gay the guy is a system killer Mike Brown would love Deng they can make a run and LBJ and Melo next year when they fall short they can bring back Deng.

I could see a Deng for Waiters and Var really the only way it gets done without CLE giving up like 4 guys to match salary. I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting off the hook for Anderson deal who still has 2 years of 9 mil allowing Zeller to back up Bynum.

Arch Stanton
11-29-2013, 04:22 PM
What should the Cavs do?

In the words of Douglas Adams. Don’t Panic! A bad trade, or some other ill-conceived move is the last thing this team needs. There are lots of rumors floating that the Cavs have been calling around, gauging the trade market for Dion Waiters in light of the events described in the recent Chris Broussard article. The Cavs have denied that they are shopping him. The likes of Iman Shumpert, Evan Turner, and Luol Deng have been discussed.

First, Iman Shumpert is not a good player. He’s been a bit of a headcase in New York and he can’t shoot. Shump recently posted the first game in 3 years where a player played 20 minutes and didn’t post a point, rebound, steal, or block. No thanks. Evan Turner, is a slightly above average player with a 16 PER, who plays below average defense, and whose scoring numbers are massively inflated because Philly plays at a ridiculous pace. Some idiot will give him $12 million dollars next year, and regret it two months after the season starts. Luol Deng is a nice player, but why would you give up Dion for a player you can sign in the off-season? Additonally, he makes $15 million dollars. He’s not going to settle for less than that in an extension without testing the market, first. Is Luol Deng worth $15 million a year?

The trade value of anyone else on the team besides Irving is questionable, at best. Yes, the Cavs do have a lot of future draft picks they can leverage, but they should not use them unless they can get a player that can clearly help them over the next two to three years. Until that deal comes along, we — Chris Grant and Dan Gilbert included — should all be patient.

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=23384&cpage=1#comment-42066

DR_1
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM

Why on earth would you think the Bulls would do this trade

WES KOAST
11-29-2013, 09:25 PM
maybe cavs need to start with a better coach then with better scouts. the only player that's untouchable is irving.