PDA

View Full Version : Gasol out indefinitely

MrfadeawayJB
11-24-2013, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE] Memphis Grizzlies star center Marc Gasol has been diagnosed with a sprained knee and will be out indefinitely, the team announced Saturday.

An MRI revealed that Gasol, the NBA's reigning Defensive Player of the Year, has a Grade 2 sprain of the MCL in his left knee.

Gasol will not undergo surgery, the team announced. The All-Star suffered the injury in the second quarter of Friday's loss to the San Antonio Spurs.

Replays indicated there was little if any contact before Gasol grabbed his knee under the Spurs' basket. He went to the Memphis locker room and did not return.

Gasol was second on the Grizzlies in points, rebounding and assists entering the game.

Kosta Koufos, obtained from the Denver Nuggets in an offseason trade, started the second half in Gasol's place. He's expected to fill in for the 7-foot-1 center. [QUOTE/]

MrfadeawayJB
11-24-2013, 03:48 PM
They say grade II mcl sprain. Same injury saw pondexter out and ZBO. Expected time out 8-10 weeks

mzgrizz
11-24-2013, 06:10 PM
Thank goodness we have KK. He's really impressed me with his minutes. Now Ed has to step up

MrfadeawayJB
11-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Yup koufas is a starter in the league. He's not Gasol, but he will be fine. Now Davis NEEDS to step up or I could see him benched in favor of leuer. Davis has a chance, now produce or be on the move

mzgrizz
11-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Amen brother !

MrfadeawayJB
12-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Come back soon Marc!!!

cyclonw
12-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Any news on Marc? Is he still targeting 3-4 weeks which may allow him to play by Christmas?

MrfadeawayJB
12-18-2013, 01:54 AM
Any news on Marc? Is he still targeting 3-4 weeks which may allow him to play by Christmas?

I believe so. He is back on the bench which was nice to see because before he was nowhere to be found.hopefully he is back sooner rather than later

cyclonw
12-20-2013, 06:24 AM
I believe so. He is back on the bench which was nice to see because before he was nowhere to be found.hopefully he is back sooner rather than later

We need him so badly but not to the cost of missing him for the season. Could this be karma on what our mgt did to Lionel? Our team is falling apart and is losing our identiy

MrfadeawayJB
12-20-2013, 09:22 PM
I think he'll make a comeback around January

mzgrizz
12-21-2013, 05:59 PM
We need him so badly but not to the cost of missing him for the season. Could this be karma on what our mgt did to Lionel? Our team is falling apart and is losing our identiy

If karma was to roll on anyone, it should be on the pencil necked geeks and not the fans.
LIONEL, we miss you!!!!!
Yes, they won today and grudgingly I admit Joerger is slowly improving but he'd better coach some home wins or the Memphis fans will drift away and THAT's karma for Pera's pocket!

MrfadeawayJB
12-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Good news for the grizz!

@ChrisVernonShow: Hearing Marc Gasol could be back in 2 weeks. Marc thinks 10 days, docs leanin 20, so split the difference.

mzgrizz
12-28-2013, 05:04 PM
This still holding up. ? Man I hope so !!

MrfadeawayJB
12-28-2013, 09:08 PM
I haven't heard anything different