PDA

View Full Version : NBA Betting Thread

Lakers + Giants
11-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Since there are a few PSD member that enjoy betting on games I thought it would be helpful to make a betting thread. Instead of cluttering the GDTs with our betting talk we can do it here instead so other members aren't annoyed and feel like GDTs are being derailed.

Also, members can post enticing betting lines here and last minute scratches (which would be extremely helpful). We can all post our current bets here and maybe help each other out. So let's get this started!

flea
11-24-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't bet on rigged games.

RLundi
11-24-2013, 01:56 PM

Lol

Lakers + Giants
11-24-2013, 02:11 PM

If you already know the outcome, then why not :p

ManRam
11-24-2013, 02:14 PM

Thanks for sharing!

I explained in one of the GTs earlier all I do with the NBA. I don't find myself hitting consistently enough to make betting throughout the season worth my time. I have enough interest in the NBA to make betting on the games in order for me to enjoy it more not really necessary. I do much better with college football...so why give all my money back? I'm more of an NBA fan, but I guess a lesser handicapper. Oh well.

The past few years I've only bet on the first month of the NBA. I think the value is best there, especially at the very top and very bottom of the league. My goal this year was the same as last year: pick 3 darlings and 3 teams everyone is low on and bet accordingly bet on them early on.

So, I picked PHX, PHI and BOS for the bad teams to bet on, and MIA, SAS and NYK for the teams to fade. It was relatively arbitrary and I'd like to eliminate that in the future, but whatever.

I'll stop in a week, again, an arbitrary cut-off. Maybe I'll do some work on figuring out when to stop. I've already seen the effectiveness start to wear off. 11 days ago those six teams were 31-13 ATS (70%) how I was betting them. Now, it's looking like this:

Phoenix: 9-2
Philly: 9-2
Boston: 8-7
Miami: 7-6
SAS: 6-7
NYK: 9-3

48-27 (64%)

Last year after I month I hit on 68% of the bets.

It's not fun, but it's worked in successive years. I'll probably throw a few bets around from time to time just for fun, but I think the value starts disappearing as the season goes on and on.

I have some season total bets too.

Boston: Over 27.5
Toronto: Under 36.5
Denver: Under 45.5 (felt the strongest about this, though they're winning some games lately)
Lakers: Under 36.5
Detroit: Under 40.5
Bucks: Over 28.5 (not looking good)

Not sure those are looking great at this point.

Lakers + Giants
11-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I explained in one of the GTs earlier all I do with the NBA. I don't find myself hitting consistently enough to make betting throughout the season worth my time. I have enough interest in the NBA to make betting on the games in order for me to enjoy it more not really necessary. I do much better with college football...so why give all my money back? I'm more of an NBA fan, but I guess a lesser handicapper. Oh well.

The past few years I've only bet on the first month of the NBA. I think the value is best there, especially at the very top and very bottom of the league. My goal this year was the same as last year: pick 3 darlings and 3 teams everyone is low on and bet accordingly bet on them early on.

So, I picked PHX, PHI and BOS for the bad teams to bet on, and MIA, SAS and NYK for the teams to fade. It was relatively arbitrary and I'd like to eliminate that in the future, but whatever.

I'll stop in a week, again, an arbitrary cut-off. Maybe I'll do some work on figuring out when to stop. I've already seen the effectiveness start to wear off. 11 days ago those six teams were 31-13 ATS (70%) how I was betting them. Now, it's looking like this:

Phoenix: 9-2
Philly: 9-2
Boston: 8-7
Miami: 7-6
SAS: 6-7
NYK: 9-3

48-27 (64%)

Last year after I month I hit on 68% of the bets.

It's not fun, but it's worked in successive years. I'll probably throw a few bets around from time to time just for fun, but I think the value starts disappearing as the season goes on and on.

I have some season total bets too.

Boston: Over 27.5
Toronto: Under 36.5
Denver: Under 45.5 (felt the strongest about this, though they're winning some games lately)
Detroit: Under 40.5
Bucks: Over 28.5 (not looking good)

Not sure those are looking great at this point.

Damn, you went ham. Since they're season long bets I'm assuming you dropped at least a few hundred per bet? I was going to take the Lakers under this season. Pretty glad I didn't now. I can see them winning over 40 games now, especially with kobe returning soon.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-24-2013, 03:30 PM

you're gonna lose that ;)