PDA

View Full Version : Walter Thurmond Facing 4 Game Suspension Substance Abuse

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 11:47 AM
Another Seahawks cornerback is reportedly facing a four-game suspension from the league, but not for the same reasons as his teammates.

Unlike Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman, who had his suspension overturned on appeal, Walter Thurmond isn’t being disciplined for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Thurmond is going to be suspended for violating the league’s policy on substances of abuse.

Per Rapoport, Thurmond will drop his appeal of the suspension early this week. That would mean that he’d miss Weeks 13-16 for the Seahawks, who are on their bye this week.

It’s tough timing for the Seahawks, who are already without Browner because of a groin injury. Browner is expected to miss a few more weeks and Thurmond had stepped up from his usual slot corner role to help the Seahawks cover for Browner’s absence. Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell will be pushed into expanded duty for the Seahawks with Browner and Thurmond out of the lineup.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/report-walter-thurmond-hit-with-four-game-substance-abuse-suspension/

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Sorry can't edit my post for some reason it is just White but anyways i am guessing Marijuana he probably thought he could get away with it since it is legal in Washington or he just didn't care.

Really stupid of him could see it hurting his value in FA maybe we can bring him back at a good rate lol.

House
11-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Sorry can't edit my post for some reason it is just White but anyways i am guessing Marijuana he probably thought he could get away with it since it is legal in Washington or he just didn't care.

Really stupid of him could see it hurting his value in FA maybe we can bring him back at a good rate lol.

The WEED got him.

Hopefully Maxwell and Lane can hold up. This would've been the perfect time to see what Simon (IR) had. Like you said with WTIII being an impending UFA, this sucks, but could help us with re-signing him.\

NEXT MEN UP... (Maxwell & Lane)

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 12:19 PM
The WEED got him.

Hopefully Maxwell and Lane can hold up. This would've been the perfect time to see what Simon (IR) had. Like you said with WTIII being an impending UFA, this sucks, but could help us with re-signing him.\

NEXT MEN UP... (Maxwell & Lane)

I am guessing this isn't the first time he had to of gotten caught before you don't get suspended over one incident with drugs you get warned the first time.

I shouldn't be surprised though there have been a few drug related incidents with Duck players over the last 3 years.

kyuss275
11-24-2013, 12:39 PM
That sucks with Browner also being out for 4-6 weeks. I am probably in the minority, but if he is being suspended for weed then i think its stupid. What is he really doing wrong? It's not like it is helping his game to another level.

TeamSeattle
11-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Something has to be done about this team and drugs, its getting ridiculous right now.

No telling what he actually did to warrant this, but Pete is doing a poor job instilling the consequences to his players.

Ian.
11-24-2013, 12:50 PM
On local radio, they were talking about the Sam Hurd ordeal. Apparently Hurd says there a drug problem league wide and that there is a majority of players that use something.

By surprising at all.

TeamSeattle
11-24-2013, 12:56 PM
On local radio, they were talking about the Sam Hurd ordeal. Apparently Hurd says there a drug problem league wide and that there is a majority of players that use something.

By surprising at all.

I hear ya on the drug problem but why is it always our players who are getting caught?

Burleson81
11-24-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm upset with Thurmond. But a big part of me is relieved it wasn't PEDs. Tired of the PEDhawks comments. Likely still to receive crap, at least it was probably THC without criminal charges.

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm upset with Thurmond. But a big part of me is relieved it wasn't PEDs. Tired of the PEDhawks comments. Likely still to receive crap, at least it was probably THC without criminal charges.

Some will still mistake it for that i don't know how you don't know the difference between the two especially if you are a football fan lol.

I hear ya on the drug problem but why is it always our players who are getting caught?

They need a new chemist.

Kidding i don't know to be honest lol i mean the NFL gives random testing even in the offseason.

NateyB24
11-24-2013, 02:33 PM
DP sorry.

Seattle4Ever
11-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Glad he'll be back for the season finale. This sucks, especially for the Saints game, but we Pete Carroll is a DB guru and we have great depth. Simon is close to being back and Shead is waiting on the practice squad.

seasun62
11-24-2013, 05:53 PM
If I had to guess, I believe Pete will activate Shead for the N.O. game. Has Winfield officially filed his retirement papers?

Labgrownmangoat
11-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Bout time to pass national laws on weed. It's ridiculous.

That said, dude, beg, borrow or buy some clean piss. Seriously. Do you not understand how hundreds of other NFL players smoke it?

Baller1
11-24-2013, 09:13 PM
Dumbass.

At least this makes him a whole lot cheaper on the open market.

Seppuku
11-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Dumbass.

After being a dipshit like this when you are part of a program making a serious run for the SB, are we sure we would want to have his liability on the team in the future? Getting suspended when you are being expected to step up for an injured player means your stock value just tanked. He had one job, and Carroll told him what that one job was when he was gone on the bye week. Dumb *** Thurmond presumed that this applied to everyone but him. Selfish and stupid ****. Sadly we cannot trade him tomorrow for a good CB who gives a **** about football and the consequences of his own actions. There is no excuse for this type of selfish stupidity.

Hey Thurmond! You are a stupid *** clown!

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 05:22 AM
:laugh: Overreaction.

Caribou Lou
11-25-2013, 04:25 PM

NateyB24
11-25-2013, 04:36 PM
After being a dipshit like this when you are part of a program making a serious run for the SB, are we sure we would want to have his liability on the team in the future? Getting suspended when you are being expected to step up for an injured player means your stock value just tanked. He had one job, and Carroll told him what that one job was when he was gone on the bye week. Dumb *** Thurmond presumed that this applied to everyone but him. Selfish and stupid ****. Sadly we cannot trade him tomorrow for a good CB who gives a **** about football and the consequences of his own actions. There is no excuse for this type of selfish stupidity.

Hey Thurmond! You are a stupid *** clown!

Yet if he got drunk it would be no big deal to the NFL unless he either harmed somebody or was caught speeding lol.

Dumbass.

Well since this sounds like a possible addiction because you don't get suspended for getting caught one time and his injury proneness before this season he should be cheap.

He is probably gone though even if he is cheap Sherman,Wilson and Thomas are all higher priority signings.

Seppuku
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM

Perhaps. Does this make his action and suspension no big deal? Now w are thin in the 2ndary where we once were deep. Players get dinged and come out for a few plays in most every game. Players rotate in and out to face certain expected alignments from the opposition. Thurmond has put the Seahawks at greater risk for losses due to drug addiction. I blame him for his personal weakness and failings. Get high when you retire. Your current job doesn't allow it. Getting suspended from your job (on a 3 strikes policy) means you really have no clue or caring about what you are doing.

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Perhaps. Does this make his action and suspension no big deal? Now w are thin in the 2ndary where we once were deep. Players get dinged and come out for a few plays in most every game. Players rotate in and out to face certain expected alignments from the opposition. Thurmond has put the Seahawks at greater risk for losses due to drug addiction. I blame him for his personal weakness and failings. Get high when you retire. Your current job doesn't allow it. Getting suspended from your job (on a 3 strikes policy) means you really have no clue or caring about what you are doing.

That's exactly it. It's not a huge deal. Thurmond came out and said he made a mistake and let his team down. His teammates and coaching staff support him so why shouldn't we?

Thin in the secondary? :laugh2: That's our greatest strength. Pete is a DB guru. We talk about this so called depth all the time and that "next man up" mentality and philosophy. Let's see it. We've seen it before with a bad pass rush.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Winfield back. We've contacted him.

NateyB24
11-25-2013, 05:39 PM
That's exactly it. It's not a huge deal. Thurmond came out and said he made a mistake and let his team down. His teammates and coaching staff support him so why shouldn't we?

Thin in the secondary? :laugh2: That's our greatest strength. Pete is a DB guru. We talk about this so called depth all the time and that "next man up" mentality and philosophy. Let's see it. We've seen it before with a bad pass rush.

I wouldn't mind seeing Winfield back he would have experience i heard we were working out Trufant i would pass on him.

I almost feel like we should give a younger guy a shot though lol i remember when we had Malloy in that 7-9 playoff year and he couldn't cover Olson his age clearly showed.

Seattle4Ever
11-25-2013, 06:42 PM
I loved Milloy, even at his age.

I just don't think it's a big deal. If we want to bring in Winfield that's great but I don't think it's absolutely needed.

bmd1101
11-25-2013, 07:58 PM
I loved Milloy, even at his age.

I just don't think it's a big deal. If we want to bring in Winfield that's great but I don't think it's absolutely needed.

Wtf is going on? http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000288008/article/seahawks-browner-facing-suspension-for-peds

Browner AGAIN? 8 games this time

crzyhawk
11-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Winfield back he would have experience i heard we were working out Trufant i would pass on him.

I almost feel like we should give a younger guy a shot though lol i remember when we had Malloy in that 7-9 playoff year and he couldn't cover Olson his age clearly showed.

The sentimental side of me would like to see Tru win a ring with us this year. of course, that would mean we won.

Seppuku
11-26-2013, 03:07 AM

WAS our greatest strength. That is my point. How many guys do you have to lose until your strength is now a weakness? Nickel defense and someone gets dinged and has to go to the locker room for a half. Someone else takes a shot to the ribs and can't breathe for one play. Not unusual or something to worry about for us normally. Who is in on your nickel defense now? Down two starters for being stupid and someone who actually does play now gets dinged and you need a nickel package... Run it by me with an example when Sherman needs a breather and Jeron Johnson is still nursing his hammy. How deep are we today?

Seattle4Ever
11-26-2013, 04:22 AM
WAS our greatest strength. That is my point. How many guys do you have to lose until your strength is now a weakness? Nickel defense and someone gets dinged and has to go to the locker room for a half. Someone else takes a shot to the ribs and can't breathe for one play. Not unusual or something to worry about for us normally. Who is in on your nickel defense now? Down two starters for being stupid and someone who actually does play now gets dinged and you need a nickel package... Run it by me with an example when Sherman needs a breather and Jeron Johnson is still nursing his hammy. How deep are we today?

Are you serious?

The LOB doesn't have a nickname for nothing. Browner isn't Sherman. He isn't Thomas. He's not even Kam.

NateyB24
11-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Thurmond isn't that big of a loss he has been injured so much this was actually his only full season of being healthy before he got caught with the weed.

Didn't sound like Browner was going to come back anyways sounded like he was out for even the playoffs before the substance abuse news broke.

The one guy we cannot afford to lose in our secondary is Thomas because he can cover so much ground and mask some of our weaknesses.

House
11-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Perrish Cox will sign today pending a physical

Thumper 88
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Championship!

TeamSeattle
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Anybody catch what Golden Tate said on Bob and Groz today. Sort of threw them under the bust just a tad bit but I agreed with everything he said.

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2403223/Tate-Browner-Thurmond-showed-poor-judgment