PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose has Torn Meniscus

TheThrill
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
http://nba.si.com/2013/11/23/derrick-rose-knee-injury-update-mri-chicago-bulls/

"The Bulls announced Saturday that All-Star guard Derrick Rose will need surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his right knee. He will be listed as out indefinitely until after he undergoes the surgery.

The Chicago Tribune first reported the diagnosis.

Rose suffered the non-contact injury during the third quarter of Chicago’s 98-95 loss to the Blazers Friday night in Portland. He left the arena on crutches and underwent an MRI on Saturday."

LAKERS 24/7
11-23-2013, 06:46 PM
What is the standard recovery time?

TheThrill
11-23-2013, 06:47 PM

I heard 6 months but I'm not gonna speculate.

IndyRealist
11-23-2013, 06:49 PM

4-6 months per WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

Physical rehabilitation after ACL surgery may take several months to a year. The length of time until you can return to normal activities or sports is different for every person. It may range from 4 to 6 months.3

odiz
11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I heard 6 months but I'm not gonna speculate.

Na man not that long, 1-2 months i think from memory

ManRam
11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Better than a torn ACL. So, for that, :clap: I've been labeled a Rose hater, but that's only because of my arguments with Rose fans who I felt got too carried away. He's a tremendously fun player to watch and the league is just a tad bit worse without him. Hopefully next year he'll be ready to go and truly himself again. I miss that.

As for the length....6 months sounds like way too much. I'm sure it depends on the severity, but torn menisci can be rather minor procedures.

Slug3
11-23-2013, 06:51 PM
He should probably drop Adidas now.

odiz
11-23-2013, 06:51 PM
4-6 months per WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

Thats ACL surgery not meniscus. Im pretty sure its only 1-2 months but cant find anything that states recovery time

odiz
11-23-2013, 06:53 PM
1-3 Months according to Wiki and WebMD

LAKobeBryant
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
He should probably drop Adidas now.

endorsements pay more than league salary for athletes

DaBear
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Time to move on. Rose will never be the same IMO

Slug3
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
endorsements pay more than league salary for athletes

And with these shoes he will have neither.

nycericanguy
11-23-2013, 06:57 PM
I think it depends on severity... Lin had this and missed about the last 2 months of the season in NY. Even the following season he said it was still somewhat bothering him.

Ronnie Brewer also had it in NY and was out 2-3 weeks.

But I don;t think they know until they go in and look at the knee.

Isn't this what Westbrook had?

DillyDill
11-23-2013, 06:57 PM
So he can possibly return later this year then right?

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:58 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Official word from Bulls is that DRose is out "indefinitely" but vibe is they're indeed bracing for prospect he misses rest of '13-14 season

When he says rest of '13-14 season, he means the regular season right? Or is that postseason included?

ATX
11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
The recovery time is dependent on which type of surgery he elects to have as per:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--derrick-rose-sidelined-after-mri-reveals-210026332.html

If Rose decides to reattach the meniscus usually the route taken by young players he's expected to miss the rest of the regular season. To clip off the meniscus is a riskier long-term issue, but could have Rose back in one to two months.

Sounds as if he'd elect to reattach and be out longer...

More-Than-Most
11-23-2013, 06:59 PM
wont matter the guy has 2 bad legs/knees...

BoomBaby35
11-23-2013, 07:00 PM

Westbrook tore his meniscus last year and he was out like 6 months....just saying.

Slug3
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Do feel bad for the guy as he is a pretty humble athlete. He's probably wondering why it has to happen to him.

C-Wick925
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM
See ya in 2 years rose

Cubby
11-23-2013, 07:02 PM

Westbrook tore his meniscus last year and he was out like 6 months....just saying.

Rose tore his medial meniscus. Russ tore his lateral meniscus. Two different injuries.

Cubby
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM
See ya in 2 years rose

Class: you have none.

C-Wick925
11-23-2013, 07:03 PM

haha, Dont even watch G-ball.. Just came in to post that :D

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 07:06 PM
If Rose decides to reattach the meniscus usually the route taken by young players he'll be expected to miss the rest of the regular season. To clip off the meniscus is a riskier long-term issue, but could have Rose back in one to two months.

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook suffered a torn meniscus in the Western Conference playoffs in April, and had the procedure to reattach it. He finally returned early this season.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 07:06 PM
See ya in 2 years rose

Yeah....not happening. He'll be good to go by next season at the latest. This isn't an ACL.

South Side Sox
11-23-2013, 07:08 PM

Another tool I'm seeing that I thought was all right.

Whatever dude, this doesn't open any doors for Pistons.

Makes me wonder why I root for the Michigan Wolverines when a majority of Detroit fans are idiot posters on the net as they haven't seen any type of sports championship since the Redwings.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Hope he doesn't end up like Brandon Roy

Deception
11-23-2013, 07:11 PM

Makes me wonder why I root for the Michigan Wolverines when a majority of Detroit fans are idiot posters on the net as they haven't seen any type of sports championship since the Redwings.

Only idiots classify a fan base due to a couple posters. Just saying.

_KB24_
11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Is their any chance he decides to retire?

C-Wick925
11-23-2013, 07:13 PM

lol, I could care less about basketball in general, I just figured id poke fun when i seen rose was hurt.. Was all in fun.. Say what ya want about the pistons but ive accumulated maybe 100 posts in the nba forum over 4 years (Mostly ones like that :D ), I dont care about the pistons or any nba team for that matter...

No harm meant, Didnt think anyone would get their panties in a bunch over it...

C-Wick925
11-23-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah....not happening. He'll be good to go by next season at the latest. This isn't an ACL.

yea i know, Was just making a joke towards his last injury... Like i said, Didnt think anyone would get worked up over it..

85BearsDefense
11-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Anyone who says he is done is ignorant.

hidalgo
11-23-2013, 07:20 PM
glad it's no a torn ACL, but I still get that sinking feeling like Rose is finished as far as being an elite player. hope i'm worng

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-23-2013, 07:22 PM
sad day for all bulls fans

ManRam
11-23-2013, 07:23 PM
yea i know, Was just making a joke towards his last injury... Like i said, Didnt think anyone would get worked up over it..

Oh. Hahahah. Funny joke...

:sigh:

PraiseJesus

Never. He wants to get paid

ManRam

Because of a torn meniscus, at the age of 25?

Hahahaha.

leprechaun5
11-23-2013, 07:26 PM
I can't see him coming back this season .Removing the meniscus is a risk he should not take .He's only 25 .

JNA17
11-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I have a terrible feeling that Rose is pretty much done.

He wasn't even performing well last I heard of him so far in the season and now gets injured again on a different leg...possibly out for yet another season.

It will be sad but if he is gone for that long, he will probably end up like a Brandon Roy. It sucks for that to happen to a player so young.

tredigs
11-23-2013, 07:37 PM
What a blow, man. He needs to find a new way to play basketball once he returns. His knees clearly can't that style of running/cutting, but I wish the kid a healthy return.

_KB24_
11-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Because of a torn meniscus, at the age of 25?

Hahahaha.

Don't get whats so funny. It's not just a "torn meniscus at the age of 25". A torn ACL on one knee coupled with a meniscus tear on the other knee in the span of what 1.5 years? I don't think he retires but its not unreasonable for it to come across as a thought.

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2013, 07:40 PM
Golly, this guy must be made of glass. Great potential, but hurt again?!

:mad:

Knick_Fever
11-23-2013, 07:41 PM

Exactly. Rose will miss the rest of the season, be prepared for it.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 07:42 PM
I have a terrible feeling that Rose is pretty much done.

He wasn't even performing well last I heard of him so far in the season and now gets injured again on a different leg...possibly out for yet another season.

It will be sad but if he is gone for that long, he will probably end up like a Brandon Roy. It sucks for that to happen to a player so young.

Depending on what this surgery entails, the difference between Roy and Rose will still be HUGE. Roy has degenerative knee problems. Rose's injuries, assuming this is a routine meniscus surgery, are not.

Yeah, he looked like complete dogspit this season, but I don't see why we shouldn't have been patient. It looked to me like his issues were mental ones and rust. An ACL injury isn't gonna be a chronic issue. It seems like his body took a while longer to heal than some others, but whatever. That's not a career ending injury. Nor is this (in all likelihood).

He's not a Brandon Roy, yet.

Heediot
11-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I think it depends on severity... Lin had this and missed about the last 2 months of the season in NY. Even the following season he said it was still somewhat bothering him.

Ronnie Brewer also had it in NY and was out 2-3 weeks.

But I don;t think they know until they go in and look at the knee.

Isn't this what Westbrook had?

Seems like a common injury for these PG's that attack the rim. Paul (before), Westbrook, Lin, Bledsoe, and now Rose.

Dade County
11-23-2013, 07:44 PM
It's good to hear that it is not his acl... But now I have to deal with even more over hype of paul george.

The media was already amping them up, but now if rose is to miss 4 to 6 months, ****.

I wanted to see how rose would perform this upcoming playoffs, but now if he does comeback sooner then later, he will be thrown into the playoffs.

Rndy
11-23-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm confused he tore his meniscus but are people confusing that with leg amputation?

JNA17
11-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Depending on what this surgery entails, the difference between Roy and Rose will still be HUGE. Roy has degenerative knee problems. Rose's injuries, assuming this is a routine meniscus surgery, are not.

Yeah, he looked like complete dogspit this season, but I don't see why we shouldn't have been patient. It looked to me like his issues were mental ones and rust. An ACL injury isn't gonna be a chronic issue. It seems like his body took a while longer to heal than some others, but whatever. That's not a career ending injury. Nor is this (in all likelihood).

He's not a Brandon Roy, yet.

It's just a feeling for me. I don't have any facts to back up my claims besides the two injuries. :p

Rndy
11-23-2013, 07:47 PM
It's good to hear that it is not his acl... But now I have to deal with even more over hype of paul george.

The media was already amping them up, but now if rose is to miss 4 to 6 months, ****.

I wanted to see how rose would perform this upcoming playoffs, but now if he does comeback sooner then later, he will be thrown into the playoffs.

You're lucky we were going to sweep you with the offensive fire power. But now we gotta break up the core and get younger to avoid lux tax no longer will you get destroyed by the efficient fire power of Deng. Count your blessings heat fans. :whistle:

ManRam
11-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Don't get whats so funny. It's not just a "torn meniscus at the age of 25". A torn ACL on one knee coupled with a meniscus tear on the other knee in the span of what 1.5 years? I don't think he retires but its not unreasonable for it to come across as a thought.

It is unreasonable. He recovered slowly from the ACL, but whatever...I'm sure with time he would have been fine. It looked mental to me...not physical. No 25 year-old has ever had their career end because of an ACL tear in recent years. And a meniscus tear (again, depending on the severity)has never been career threatening. Unless we're talking chronic/degenerative stuff like Roy. Which we're not.

It might take a year or even longer, but these aren't injuries that if are healed correctly end careers these days.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Marc Stein: Official word from Bulls is that DRose is out "indefinitely" but vibe is they're indeed bracing for prospect he misses rest of '13-14 season Twitter @ESPNSteinLine

Dade County
11-23-2013, 07:51 PM
I'm confused he tore his meniscus but are people confusing that with leg amputation?

lol

It's just that everyone wanted rose to finish out the year, and enter into the playoffs, and see if the bulls can make some noise (until they met up against the HEAT...of course lol)... But with him going down, fans exceptions of a good playoff battle have been token away.

JNA17
11-23-2013, 07:51 PM
You're lucky we were going to sweep you with the offensive fire power. But now we gotta break up the core and get younger to avoid lux tax no longer will you get destroyed by the efficient fire power of Deng. Count your blessings heat fans. :whistle:

They have the Pacers to worry about. Or the Nets if they get it together.

I swear that Nets team was built to ONLY beat the Heat and NO ONE else. :laugh:

bholly
11-23-2013, 07:52 PM
^Even Roy took a few more setbacks before he retired. No way DRose is even close.

bholly
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM

The basketball weeps at this horrible tragedy that has befallen you. I only hope you can make it through.

Some ****ing people.

Dade County
11-23-2013, 07:56 PM
The basketball weeps at this horrible tragedy that has befallen you. I only hope you can make it through.

Some ****ing people.

:eyebrow:

I sense anger.

LAKobeBryant
11-23-2013, 07:59 PM
And with these shoes he will have neither.

with 250 million he's set for generations.....why would you break that contract because of the "adidas theory" then he would have neither.

sargon21
11-23-2013, 08:04 PM
What a blow, man. He needs to find a new way to play basketball once he returns. His knees clearly can't that style of running/cutting, but I wish the kid a healthy return.

Yeah, God forbid he cuts backdoor... you can't play like that?

GTFO.

DaBear
11-23-2013, 08:06 PM
The Adidas theory is ********

ManRam
11-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I find a very hard time blaming this on his freaking shoes.

Jarvo
11-23-2013, 08:08 PM
This ****ing sucks man! Now we're gonna see those wack *** meme's again about someone coming back before him, Hope he isnt Brandon Roy 2.0

JNA17
11-23-2013, 08:12 PM

Adidas don't have slick shoes tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_klBNAzKIA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

NYKNYGNYY
11-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I had a slight tear and didn't need surgery which I regret not cus 4 years later im still in pain and have been putting the surgery off

Sly Guy
11-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Better than a torn ACL. So, for that, :clap: I've been labeled a Rose hater, but that's only because of my arguments with Rose fans who I felt got too carried away. He's a tremendously fun player to watch and the league is just a tad bit worse without him. Hopefully next year he'll be ready to go and truly himself again. I miss that.

As for the length....6 months sounds like way too much. I'm sure it depends on the severity, but torn menisci can be rather minor procedures.

much better than a torn ACL. Cartilage damage can be repaired better than ever these days, either they'll just snip a little off and that'll be it, or if it's really severe, microfracture surgery is as good as it's ever been. The bulls' and bulls' fans look like they've really dodged a bullet with this one. Could have been way worse

NYKNYGNYY
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM
This ****ing sucks man! Now we're gonna see those wack *** meme's again about someone coming back before him, Hope he isnt Brandon Roy 2.0

haha the bulls fans are the only ones who don't wanna see those memes again. everybody else gets a cheap laugh outta em!

feel your pain tho

John Walls Era
11-23-2013, 08:58 PM

Class: You have none.

John Walls Era
11-23-2013, 09:01 PM
sad day for all bulls fans

its always a sad day if you aren't a rich man living in chi-town.

Rndy
11-23-2013, 09:07 PM

Le Coq Sportif says Roses shoes are bad basketball shoes. JK Noah family!

SoxPatsCeltsBs
11-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Bulls play better without him. Sad fact.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Bulls play better without him. Sad fact.

I'd LOVE to hear you back that up with any semblance of evidence.

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Seriously, though, what a setback. He already missed a whole season, was showing some signs of redemption, and now he's hurt again. I hate it when injuries ruin everything. :(

Slug3
11-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Le Coq Sportif says Roses shoes are bad basketball shoes. JK Noah family!

Honestly I can't really say if it is the shoes or not. But it would make me question it. I mean him twice now, I believe AP had Addidson on as well and I think a few others. I personally have never worn their shoes for sports so don't know much about them. But I did own a pair of nikes once that kept jacking my ankles up in basketball.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 10:09 PM
Honestly I can't really say if it is the shoes or not. But it would make me question it. I mean him twice now, I believe AP had Addidson on as well and I think a few others. I personally have never worn their shoes for sports so don't know much about them. But I did own a pair of nikes once that kept jacking my ankles up in basketball.

Valid point. Because no one wearing Nikes has ever been injured. Your sample size of two wins!

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 10:14 PM
The shoes theory is stupid. The way Rose plays is the reason why he is more susceptible to injuries.

IversonIsKrazy
11-23-2013, 10:37 PM
It couldve been worse. But this is truly depressing nonetheless. Less than 15 games in, and hes injured. Truly a sad day for NBA fans.

kobe4thewinbang
11-23-2013, 10:45 PM
It couldve been worse. But this is truly depressing nonetheless. Less than 15 games in, and hes injured. Truly a sad day for NBA fans.+1...just sucks.

Sactown
11-23-2013, 10:57 PM
The scariest part is that these tears aren't freak accidents on big collisions... He's tearing them without getting hit... He could just have bad knees... It wouldn't be a surprise if he never returns to star form

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 11:32 PM
Will he be ready for opening day October 2016?

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Will he be ready for opening day October 2016?

Really?

I don't get why people are bringing this up the past. He took his time to come back so he wouldn't have any ill effects of his ACL bothering him.

Stunner
11-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Forum is a joke , I have to stop coming here

NYSpirit1
11-24-2013, 02:37 AM

You're on crack if you ever think Rose will be as good as 10-12. He sucked this season and now has a torn meniscus in his OTHER knee. And if his 18 month, overextended, over cautious recovery from the ACL is any indication, he's out at least 6 months from this - pitting him in May.

The guys career is shattered. His game was built on explosion and if he's going to be any good, he'll need to reinvent himself.

sunsfan88
11-24-2013, 03:24 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Official word from Bulls is that DRose is out "indefinitely" but vibe is they're indeed bracing for prospect he misses rest of '13-14 season

When he says rest of '13-14 season, he means the regular season right? Or is that postseason included?

He means '13-14 regular season, its post post season, '14-15 regular and its post season. Rose in 2016.

Sactown
11-24-2013, 03:57 AM
The scary part if all this is, if he misses the rest of the season, he will have over two years of not playing basketball in game shape. Can he return from that ? And how injury prone will he be after? His knees are obviously unable to maintain his play style

kobe4thewinbang
11-24-2013, 11:01 PM
The scary part if all this is, if he misses the rest of the season, he will have over two years of not playing basketball in game shape. Can he return from that ? And how injury prone will he be after? His knees are obviously unable to maintain his play styleYeah, it seems like he'll have to tone it down. Maybe play more like Rondo (i.e. a facilitator) and work on his 3 point shooting.

Almighty Push
11-24-2013, 11:18 PM
The scary part if all this is, if he misses the rest of the season, he will have over two years of not playing basketball in game shape. Can he return from that ? And how injury prone will he be after? His knees are obviously unable to maintain his play style

Plus the hesitation that will naturally occur after getting hit by injuries left and right.

Kashmir13579
11-24-2013, 11:39 PM
This is a horrible break for NBA and Bulls fans. Injuries suck.

Tony_Starks
11-24-2013, 11:40 PM
World Peace had this last year and was supposed to be out a few months and came back in like 12 days. And he's like 35.

Kashmir13579
11-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm not saying he can't come back, i think he can - but Rose is a genuine freak of nature. The human body was never meant to work like that.

Almighty Push
11-24-2013, 11:43 PM
World Peace had this last year and was supposed to be out a few months and came back in like 12 days. And he's like 35.

and played even more horribly during the initial few weeks

shep33
11-24-2013, 11:44 PM

Yeah, but it depends on how they want to repair it. Differing methods mean differing recover times. Also Metta continued to struggle with that same injury, and I believe it's still bothering him this year isn't it?

Tony_Starks
11-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah, but it depends on how they want to repair it. Differing methods mean differing recover times. Also Metta continued to struggle with that same injury, and I believe it's still bothering him this year isn't it?

Yeah I think so. 12 days was truly ridiculous but I'm just saying if he could physically do that at his age it would seem like a younger D Rose might be able to pull off something like 2 months....

It really just depends on the approach they take. I'm sure his people will encourage him to take the conservative route but that doesn't really seem to be working. Might as well say the hell with it and come back ASAP.

Ezio
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 1m
Bulls say Derrick Rose had season-ending surgery to repair his torn medial meniscus in his right knee and offered no return timetable.

Have fun in the ECF Pacers and Heat.

ManningToTyree
11-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Another lost season. Hard to think he will ever be right

2-ONE-5
11-25-2013, 12:31 PM
out for the season, what a shame Rose cant catch a break. After that demoralizing loss yesterday the Bulls might have to blow it up

torocan
11-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Chicago Bulls ‏@chicagobulls 7m

Full update: Rose underwent successful surgery to repair his torn medial meniscus; out for remainder of season:

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls

Rose is officially out for the season. Bad news for the Bulls.

jmartin80
11-25-2013, 12:40 PM
That frees up a lot of my time this season.

No baskeball for me till next year.

Blow this team up.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Ditto..won't be watching any NBA..this is just devastating for a franchise, the city and the fans.

Furymaker
11-25-2013, 12:52 PM
i dont think he's out for the season , i see him returning before playoffs , bulls just dont want to make same mistake twice

jmartin80
11-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Ditto..won't be watching any NBA..this is just devastating for a franchise, the city and the fans.

Being a Chicago fan is exremely hard this year. White Sox, Cubs, Bears and Bulls. :'(

I am starting to even feel sorry for myself.

Thank God for the Blackhawks.

torocan
11-25-2013, 01:00 PM
i dont think he's out for the season , i see him returning before playoffs , bulls just dont want to make same mistake twice

Keep that hope alive.

A team says their player is out for the season, it usually means they're out.

The way we'll know for sure is if they start dismantling the team to tank.

Oldmantrash
11-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Being a Chicago fan is exremely hard this year. White Sox, Cubs, Bears and Bulls. :'(

Try rooting for my teams.lol

I hate the Bulls, but I feel bad for Rose, to work so hard to get back, then have this happen.

akagiredsuns
11-25-2013, 01:14 PM

Dude being in denial is not gonna change the reality. HE'S DONE FOR THE SEASON. Need to move on. All Bulls fan are too.

ModernDaySavage
11-25-2013, 01:21 PM

They just reported he is done for the season, why such denial?

Gators123
11-25-2013, 01:25 PM
They need to trade for Nate Robinson.

d00d

Stanley Cup Champs and may repeat

Heediot
Good time to tank he's a goner for the year. Jabari and Rose Simeon connection!!!

You can net some nice picks for Noah. Probably a decent prospect or two for Deng. Just amnesty Boozer.

JordansBulls
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
It is quite obvious now the management has to get rid of these guys and get another star player in Chicago. It is obvious Rose will never be able to lead a team to a title and I don't even think you can depend on a guy who now will have had two operations on two separate knees to be the guy to lead your team. Consider this the end of the Bulls and it is simply time to start cleaning house and rebuilding.

Heediot
11-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Try rooting for my teams.lol

I hate the Bulls, but I feel bad for Rose, to work so hard to get back, then have this happen.

Unlike Oden at least dude got his Max deal and massive shoe contract. That in itself is set for 5 lives. It's sad, but he can still laugh all the way to the bank.

d00d
11-25-2013, 01:29 PM
Unlike Oden at least dude got his Max deal and massive shoe contract. That in itself is set for 5 lives. It's sad, but he can still laugh all the way to the bank.

1/4 billion just for shoes? that alone is enough to hate the guy. teachers cant buy a home, and this bench warmer is so rich and has done nothing

Shmontaine
11-25-2013, 01:32 PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7miwn_the-simpsons-flying-pig_shortfilms

let it go man. let it go..

Mitch Kramer
11-25-2013, 01:38 PM
It is quite obvious now the management has to get rid of these guys and get another star player in Chicago. It is obvious Rose will never be able to lead a team to a title and I don't even think you can depend on a guy who now will have had two operations on two separate knees to be the guy to lead your team. Consider this the end of the Bulls and it is simply time to start cleaning house and rebuilding.

Lets pray the lame duck FO has the stones to do something like that. Any other move, than to trade deng noah and taj, miss the playoffs and get into the lottery, is completely idiotic.

Cubby
11-25-2013, 01:39 PM
Keep Noah and Jimmy. Trade Deng, Boozer, and Taj.

Shmontaine
11-25-2013, 01:39 PM

I agree JB. How is this awful outcome the only thing I agree with you on?!

Knick_Fever
11-25-2013, 01:43 PM

I agree with this notion 100%, Bulls are being smart this time in order to avoid speculation/media frenzy on a return date, it was such a huge distraction. Great job getting it out right away. I see Rose returning sometime mid-March. Coach said he is in high spirits, great sign mentally. I think once we start hearing reports on how well his rehab is going in January (sprinting & taking contact), we can start getting hopeful again.

2-ONE-5
11-25-2013, 01:49 PM
1/4 billion just for shoes? that alone is enough to hate the guy. teachers cant buy a home, and this bench warmer is so rich and has done nothing

his job is much tougher then a teachers

Heediot
11-25-2013, 01:54 PM
his job is much tougher then a teachers

Most teachers don't tear two knees though.

It tougher in certain ways but a 25k teachers salary vs. 40 Mil per for rose. That's over a hundred times more. Is that job a hundred times more difficult or stressful?

Mitch Kramer
11-25-2013, 02:00 PM

haha really? He has a skill that people pay to watch. If a teacher can generate the type of revenue that DRose or any other athlete can, then they will be paid accordingly...

Mitch Kramer
11-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Most teachers don't tear two knees though.

It tougher in certain ways but a 25k teachers salary vs. 40 Mil per for rose. That's over a hundred times more. Is that job a hundred times more difficult or stressful?

It's because he brings in a giant revenue stream because of his EXTREMELY unique skill set. He sells shoes, fills arenas, etc etc.. It has nothing to do with how difficult his job is.

Heediot
11-25-2013, 02:05 PM
It's because he brings in a giant revenue stream because of his EXTREMELY unique skill set. He sells shoes, fills arenas, etc etc.. It has nothing to do with how difficult his job is.

You are right and i agree with your argument. It's the other posters' logic that I can't agree with.

Edit: His skill-set is not unique. If the top 100 players retired right now from the nba. Guys like Ed Davis would be making the cheddar instead. His skill is high but its also relative.

1-800-STFU
11-25-2013, 02:07 PM

Teachers dont generate revenue, Rose generates billions of dollars in revenue. Free market is a *****.

Mitch Kramer
11-25-2013, 02:14 PM
You are right and i agree with your argument. It's the other posters' logic that I can't agree with.

Edit: His skill-set is not unique. If the top 100 players retired right now from the nba. Guys like Ed Davis would be making the cheddar instead. His skill is high but its also relative.

Ok maybe unique isn't the best word, but bottom line is he is near the top of his profession (which happens to be a highly paid one, due to fans/advertising etc..).

Doesn't change the fact that I'm starting to hate him for once again derailing the bulls season and putting them in a holding pattern. The FO needs to sell and hopefully miss the playoffs

Captain Moroni
11-25-2013, 02:20 PM

Artest has a scope done to trim away the part that was hurting him. I know this because I have had the same thing done on both knees. Rose is having his re-attached. It was a much worse injury and it will be summer befoe he is even jumping on it.

Ezio
11-25-2013, 02:24 PM

bleedprple&gold
11-25-2013, 02:46 PM
This is what he gets for taking so much time off. He was gone so long that it put too much stress on his body trying to readjust back to nba game shape.

ghettosean
11-25-2013, 03:13 PM
This is what he gets for taking so much time off. He was gone so long that it put too much stress on his body trying to readjust back to nba game shape.

So you blame him for ensuring that he heals his previous injury and you blame him for playing too many minutes that overstressed his body???

Seems like he did the right move since his previous injury did not resurface and maybe just maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe his coach should have limited his minutes.

TheNumber37
11-25-2013, 03:13 PM

You don't know that.
You'd literally have to be in his body to make that call. You're basically saying it's visually apparent that his body wasn't ready, people were saying he'd been jumping higher than before