PDA

View Full Version : Was there a plan?

Goose17
11-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Didn't want to create an entire new thread on this but I wasn't sure where to post it.

Four days ago, the Warriors sent Dewayne Dedmon, Ognjen Kuzmic and Nemanja Nedovic down to the D-League affiliate Santa Cruz.

24 hours later, they called all three of them back up.

I don't understand why you would send them down for 24 hours, it seems obvious the only explanation is that they called them back up due to the various injuries.

But why were they sending them down in the first place? Were they planning on making a move to get someone, possibly in FA?

I didn't read much about it, but I'm not local (obviously) so I don't know how much coverage it got.

COOLbeans
11-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Organizations send players down and call them up like that. Which is a reason why our team is in Santa Cruz (about 95 kilometers or 60 miles away from Oracle). This allows for the travel. They did this alot with Jeremy Lin and Tyler in previous years.

Goose17
11-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Organizations send players down and call them up like that. Which is a reason why our team is in Santa Cruz (about 95 kilometers or 60 miles away from Oracle). This allows for the travel. They did this alot with Jeremy Lin and Tyler in previous years.

They did it a lot with Tyler but usually for game days so they could get more minutes (same with Baze last year)

They sent three guys down for a team practice? It just seems strange especially considering it's the first time they've sent them down, normally they would start doing this before ten games in.

I completely forgot about Lin being in the D-league lol.

If they had sent them down to play a game I would get it but I don't understand why they haven't done it before now and why they sent them down just for one practice session.

COOLbeans
11-23-2013, 02:51 PM
I thought it was a bit wierd, but I think they wanted Nedo and Kuzmic acclimated with the d league team. I'm actually surprised how serious the Warriors take that team.

Nedo and Kuzmic will come back better players with every exposure with the d league IMO

MackShock
11-23-2013, 06:23 PM
They did it when Lin went to the Reno Bighorn... Before we bought the Dakota wizards

lol, please
11-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Hopefully the Dubs are about to do something big.

Scoots
12-02-2013, 06:16 PM
I think they sent them down for the first practice of the D-League season to get acclimated.