PDA

View Full Version : Unconfirmed Source: Fear is Derrick Rose has torn right ACL

85BearsDefense
11-23-2013, 02:07 AM
Jordan Bernfield ‏@JordanBernfield 3m

Good source tells me #Bulls fear it's a torn right ACL for Derrick Rose. If so, unlikely he will ever be the same.

If this is true.... Wow. Speechless.

phoenix_bladen
11-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Terrible....

Sadds The Gr8
11-23-2013, 02:10 AM
sucks...great player ruined by injuries...

RipCity32
11-23-2013, 02:10 AM
Holy ****, what did he get injured tonight or something?

FreakaNashur
11-23-2013, 02:11 AM
unconfirmed source gets me every time..

ManningToTyree
11-23-2013, 02:11 AM
Oh wow I hope this isn't true

Sadds The Gr8
11-23-2013, 02:12 AM
Holy ****, what did he get injured tonight or something?

yea he left the game in the 3rd Q. I started watching right after he left

85BearsDefense
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
unconfirmed source gets me every time..

Read it... "Good source tells me" it can't be confirmed until MRI but this isn't good news.

Kushed
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
never a rose fan but this would be awful for the game

KnickaBocka.44
11-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Is this Bernfield character credible?

leprechaun5
11-23-2013, 02:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAIqzWTAF64

this is the injury

KniCks4LiFe
11-23-2013, 02:16 AM
great player. But if I were to be honest. The Bulls play better w/o him.

I hope he's not lost for the season. Would never wish it on anyone.

FlashBolt
11-23-2013, 02:17 AM
I'm sad. I'm his worst critic but this is bad for the game.

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Sucks for drose. Poor guy was back for only a few weeks worth of games :pity:

85BearsDefense
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM
Is this Bernfield character credible?

Yeah he is one of my favorite Chicago sports guys, I believe he broke Cutler thing first.

DreamShaker
11-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Really hope it isn't season ending. As a Rockets fan who watched Yao, I feel bad for Bulls fans.

Rndy
11-23-2013, 02:22 AM
great player. But if I were to be honest. The Bulls play better w/o him.

I hope he's not lost for the season. Would never wish it on anyone.

There is no logic behind that look at there winning % with and without him it's not even close. How is a team better without him when there is that substantial of a difference in wins? Have I been wrong all these years in thinking a 1 seed is better than a 5th seed? Before Rose started getting all these injuries Bulls were 3rd in efficiency with Rose a few years back since he's been gone they were at the bottom 10.

So unless we completely ignore facts and just go by what you happen to see when you occasionally watch a Bulls game the Bulls aren't better without Rose and really it's not even close.

The best thing that can happen now is if Rose is done for the year hopefully he isn't the only one because throwing the season with this draft and apparently the odds of the team who always needs the number 1 pick with either market or a team Stern is selling usually gets it.

QueensG_718
11-23-2013, 02:22 AM
This is horrible news. Not a drose fan but man this is bad just coming back from a torn left acl. Hope it's not what I think it is

RipCity32
11-23-2013, 02:23 AM
It's like his Knee just buckled on him. This isnt the same knee he originally injured is it?

QueensG_718
11-23-2013, 02:24 AM
It's like his Knee just buckled on him. This isnt the same knee he originally injured is it?

No its his other knee. The right knee

goingfor28

No

Rosh

No, but it is not uncommon for those coming back from knee injuries to suffer an injury in the opposite knee.

Rndy
11-23-2013, 02:25 AM

No he hurt his left before now it's his right. I'm not sure if it's a torn acl or if it is maybe it's not as badly torn? Because he was able to walk on his own to the bench when he tore his acl he was on the floor and got carried off the court he couldn't move an inch. basically what I'm getting at is I'm in bad denial right now and it's the only thing keeping me from completely losing it.

A_Bynum_sucks
11-23-2013, 02:25 AM
I hope it is as UNserious as it can be. I mean a 2nd Major ACL Injury that short apart...Man that would suck. And might all but end his career, and if not, it might make him less the star physical player that he was.

My best to all Bulls fans.

QueensG_718
11-23-2013, 02:26 AM

No he hurt his left before now it's his right. I'm not sure if it's a torn acl or if it is maybe it's not as badly torn? Because he was able to walk on his own to the bench when he tore his acl he was on the floor and got carried off the court he couldn't move an inch.

That doesn't mean anything. You can walk on a torn acl.

RipCity32
11-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Yeah rondo Walked off on his.

QueensG_718
Its that cursed trailblazers floor. Injuring everybody

jerellh528
Wow, I hope this isn't true but if so, he might not ever be the same, poor guy. That especially sucks because basketball is everything.

RipCity32
11-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Unfortunately I think its the acl watching the video on sportscenter right now. I've torn my acl myself and when it happens your Knee does a side shift like that. You can literally feel your knee flop out of place.

meloman1592
11-23-2013, 02:32 AM
One of my favorite players...just terrible

QueensG_718
11-23-2013, 02:33 AM
I torn mine too. Your knee just buckles on you. Such a freak injury

goingfor28
Will he be ready to open the 2016 season?

shep33

Prayers go out to this guy. Please let it be false

Hawkeye15
11-23-2013, 02:34 AM
please no. This would suck so bad for bball

Furymaker
11-23-2013, 02:36 AM
so ****ing terrible , i cant describe just how bad i'm feeling right now , i really hope its not torn ACL and he'll be back with us in few weeks . This would be so damn terrible for whole basketball world , Chicago , Bulls and us fans

uptown0364
11-23-2013, 02:38 AM
If true the Bulls need to start from scratch. We got the Charlotte pick maybe this year, Mirotic coming over, and if we trade off some people another good pick this year in a loaded draft. No sense in getting into the Playoffs so we can win the "good effort" award again and get a pick in the 20's.

dodie53
11-23-2013, 02:39 AM
tsk tsk.
hope he's ok

jerellh528
11-23-2013, 02:39 AM
In b4 Lebron has another easy trek to the finals comments.

KniCks4LiFe
11-23-2013, 02:40 AM
There is no logic behind that look at there winning % with and without him it's not even close. How is a team better without him when there is that substantial of a difference in wins? Have I been wrong all these years in thinking a 1 seed is better than a 5th seed? Before Rose started getting all these injuries Bulls were 3rd in efficiency with Rose a few years back since he's been gone they were at the bottom 10.

So unless we completely ignore facts and just go by what you happen to see when you occasionally watch a Bulls game the Bulls aren't better without Rose and really it's not even close.

The best thing that can happen now is if Rose is done for the year hopefully he isn't the only one because throwing the season with this draft and apparently the odds of the team who always needs the number 1 pick with either market or a team Stern is selling usually gets it.

Oh so that defense from Noah and Gibson means nothing. The shutdown forward/winger in Jimmy Butler means nothing. Last year Nate Robinson drove them into the playoffs. Derrick Rose is a phenomenal talent. He's not the reason the Bulls are a top team. The Bulls defense is the reason. Sometimes the Bulls offense becomes a mess b/c Rose's style is an iso top heavy style. And for Rose who is average from 3 pt. land, great dribble, good finisher it can make it easy to defend, resulting in the majority of the Bulls stagnant offense and majority of giving up fastbreaks. This is the main reason they aren't a championship team, which goes back to what Rose was talking about before he returned. He needed another guy to take the doubles off him. And the Bulls didn't get him that.

The funny thing is when the Bulls don't have Rose, their ball movement is better and their defense is better.

Rain City
11-23-2013, 02:40 AM
its amazing to read the posts and the universal love for d rose. guy was on his way to having an all time great PG career and so humble and driven. it doesnt look good and i feel sick about it. not fair.

leprechaun5
11-23-2013, 02:47 AM
M.Gasol also to undergo an MRI tomorrow , words are he has a tore MCL .

Even though that's not even close to the magnitude of tore ACL he may miss a couple of months .Just a sad day for basketball .

bootleg42
11-23-2013, 02:49 AM
I really hope Derrick Rose was wise with his money, because if his career is over, he'll need it.

I hope he saved and gave whatever he's made to financial professionals, and that he can live off dividends.

But I really hope that the injury is not as bad as it's being reported, and that he gets back on the court. Mind you all, I'm not a Bulls fan at all, but I hate to see people get hurt and lose out on a promising career (and promising paychecks).

RateSports
so ****ing terrible , i cant describe just how bad i'm feeling right now , i really hope its not torn ACL and he'll be back with us in few weeks . This would be so damn terrible for whole basketball world , Chicago , Bulls and us fans

I feel for you man.

I remember when Tom Brady went down against the Chiefs. Just lets all the air out of you as a fan. My best friend is actually a HUGE D-Rose/Bulls fan and its just an awful situation.

Definitely praying for the best for D-Rose, love him as an athlete and he seems like a great person as well.

GottaLoveCubs
All the Bulls need to do is get into the lottery, and Stern will take care of the rest.

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 02:51 AM
All the Bulls need to do is get into the lottery, and Stern will take care of the rest.

Except for the fact that Adam silver will be the commish

bluefire7002
11-23-2013, 02:54 AM
son of a *****.. there goes my Fantasy team.

Ill21
11-23-2013, 02:55 AM
:(

My favorite non-knick.

Hopefully it's just a sprain

kblo247
I really wonder what he didnt do during the lockout. He only played 39/66 games with varying lower injuries. Then there came the acl and now this. Its like he didn't take care of himself or wasn't ready to play ball when the shortened season crept up on him, it started the unraveling of his body

goingfor28
son of a *****.. there goes my Fantasy team.

Mine as well. Although he hadnt been impressive this season yet really

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 02:56 AM
I really wonder what he didnt do during the lockout. He only played 39/66 games with varying lower injuries. Then there came the acl and now this. Its like he didn't take care of himself or wasn't ready to play ball when the shortened season crept up on him, it started the unraveling of his body

Acl is a freak injury. It's not like he didn't train hard enough lol

Captain Moroni
11-23-2013, 02:59 AM
Not good for basketball. Speedy recovery.

hidalgo
11-23-2013, 03:01 AM
this sucks...

A_Bynum_sucks
11-23-2013, 03:02 AM
If the worst ends up being true...I'm not as much worried about Rose's Physical being. But rather his Mental being. I mean back to back season ending ACL injuries to each knee ? I mean even if he does return...will he ever be as aggressive as he was ?

Vinny642
horrible

nykobe24
Hopefully it's a hyperextension of the knee. I'm praying. Not a bulls fan but this sucks.

More-Than-Most
11-23-2013, 03:03 AM
Honestly it happens... His mind set might be the reason maybe. He might have been playing scared or fearful of hurting the already hurt one and put more pressure on the other one. It sucks for the sports but it happens... Its something really... Stayed out as long as he could because he feared Injury and then comes back and tears the healthy leg. Goes to show you that Injuries will happy nomatter the precautions in any sport at anytime... Just go out and play and hope for the best.

I hope he comes back from this

More-Than-Most
11-23-2013, 03:04 AM
This makes you reallly appreciate the Duncans/Bryants/Nashs of the world whom bust their *** and can stay healthy for as long as they have and continue to be as good as they have

Jarvo
11-23-2013, 03:05 AM
This can't be true man, Hoping that it's nothing serious.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 03:08 AM
And the Heat breathe a sigh of relief as now, they only have the Pacers to worry about in the East.

Down to 2, just like last yr.

mets100%
11-23-2013, 03:11 AM
Damn bad break for Rose this pisses me off a kid that works so hard to be healthy gets seriously injured again.

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 03:14 AM
And the Heat breathe a sigh of relief as now, they only have the Pacers to worry about in the East.

Bulls weren't getting past Miami even w Rose

nytunnelvision
11-23-2013, 03:17 AM
I still think Chicago gets the 2 or 3 seed. Kirk Hinrich is like Alex Smith, he's gonna play smart and win you games. And Boozer seems to go off whenever he plays with Hinrich iirc. And Hinrich is the better defender.

They're not going to be an easy out in the playoffs if Noah and Deng are healthy. They're only gonna really miss Rose when they're playing Indy/Miami in the playoffs in the final minutes when its a 1 or 2 possession game. They're still gonna roll though the regular season and beat everyone but Indy/Miami in the playoffs

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 03:24 AM
Odds of tearing ACL 1:1750. Once you have an ACL tear, odds of reinjuring repaired knee or the opposite healthy knee increase to 1:33.

FlashBolt
11-23-2013, 03:40 AM
Even though many of you may dislike Rose, you can't deny that he had the chance to be a top 10 PG, maybe top 5 if he was healthy. Very bad news for NBA. Very humble player. I may have shunned upon him but respect the hell out of his game. The would have, should have, and could have for Rose is high. Hope he can retire because those knees are going to be tough to play with. If he is healthy and it isn't something too serious, I wish him the best of luck. He does have the opportunity to be a top 10 player again.

Htownballa1622
11-23-2013, 03:43 AM
This isn't fair. I feel like **** for him. I know the feeling being a Rockets fan about injuries.

I Hate injuries. I hope it isn't true but if so hope for a speedy and successful recovery.

KniCks4LiFe
11-23-2013, 03:46 AM
This isn't fair. I feel like **** for him. I know the feeling being a Rockets fan about injuries.

I Hate injuries. I hope it isn't true but if so hope for a speedy and successful recovery.

you know Chicago could go after Lin and Asik after this. Rose might never be the same.

ChI_ShIzzLe
11-23-2013, 03:49 AM
I'm gonna be positive here and say it's a moderate sprain that will keep him benched for 2-3 weeks. I don't think it's a tear because he was sitting on the bench for a while and getting it massaged it seemed. Usually a tear causes severe pain which was evident in 2012 because he was down on the floor for a while.

FlashBolt
11-23-2013, 03:50 AM

you know Chicago could go after Lin and Asik after this. Rose might never be the same.

I see Lin but where does Asik fit? Someone else has to come in on this trade. Boozer can't go because Noah and Asik aren't great midrange shooters. Unless you suggest a trade of Asik and Lin for Noah, I still don't see it making any sense for either team. I'm not going to post anything about this anymore. We should wait for a confirmation before making a fuzz.

Htownballa1622

honestly hasn't even crossed my mind because I can't get over this crappy news and I'm not even a rose lover. I just know he's a humble kid and worked so hard to get back that I feel bad.

What could Chicago offer realistically? Deng? All I know is that if true, they should tank and try and get lucky and bring home a hometown kid in Jabari.

P&GRealist
I'm gonna be positive here and say it's a moderate sprain that will keep him benched for 2-3 weeks. I don't think it's a tear because he was sitting on the bench for a while and getting it massaged it seemed. Usually a tear causes severe pain which was evident in 2012 because he was down on the floor for a while.

Wrong. Rondo was able to walk off the floor himself when he tore his ACL.

Hellcrooner
11-23-2013, 03:51 AM
Sad.
League should make league start earlier and end later to eliminate back to backs and have more time in between games.

Sorry Chicago fans.
:(

*Superman*
11-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Damn it, he needs to end that contract with Adidas if this is true.

ThaDubs
11-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Oh no. No. No. No. One of my favorite guys to ever watch. And right when he was getting better. No man. This can't be happening. I go out to have a good time with my buddies, come back, go on PSD to see "Derrick Rose Torn ****ing ACL". **** today man. ****.

*Superman*
11-23-2013, 03:55 AM
This makes you reallly appreciate the Duncans/Bryants/Nashs of the world whom bust their *** and can stay healthy for as long as they have and continue to be as good as they have

I'm really shocked at Duncan to be honest. Especially for a big man, usually the knees give out. He's the epitome of a well oiled machine.

Westbrook36
11-23-2013, 03:59 AM
That's terrible news...

Teeboy1487
11-23-2013, 04:01 AM
I just heard about. I'm sick right now. D-rose is my favorite non Lakers player in the nba. This certainly sucks.

ThaDubs
11-23-2013, 04:04 AM
I watched it and it doesn't look nearly as bad as the one vs the 76ers. You don't really see much of what happened to his knee although the angle isn't the best in the world. He also didn't break down in unbearable pain like he did when he tore his ACL. I'm ****ing praying that this isn't what every thinks it is and that all it is is a sprained knee or something. I mean this kid could have been so amazing. It brings me to mental tears to think that he was league MVP at like 22 and now he has to go through all this. Tearing his ACL, getting tons and tons of ridicule, coming back and playing badly, and then possibly suffering another knee injury. Rose will never be the same if this is a torn lig.

sixer04fan
11-23-2013, 04:07 AM
Nothing confirmed yet. Let's hope for the best.

ThaDubs
11-23-2013, 04:07 AM
I just heard about. I'm sick right now. D-rose is my favorite non Lakers player in the nba. This certainly sucks.

I don't know about you but I'm getting physical pain from this.

*Superman*
11-23-2013, 04:11 AM
I watched it and it doesn't look nearly as bad as the one vs the 76ers. You don't really see much of what happened to his knee although the angle isn't the best in the world. He also didn't break down in unbearable pain like he did when he tore his ACL. I'm ****ing praying that this isn't what every thinks it is and that all it is is a sprained knee or something. I mean this kid could have been so amazing. It brings me to mental tears to think that he was league MVP at like 22 and now he has to go through all this. Tearing his ACL, getting tons and tons of ridicule, coming back and playing badly, and then possibly suffering another knee injury. Rose will never be the same if this is a torn lig.

Agree with everything. Plus he's one of the guys that I think deserves to be successful, humble guy.

Bight side, I think at worst it should be a partial tear, like you said the pain of a full tear is much worse. I'd be really shocked if he fully tore it (if he even did).

PhillyFaninLA
11-23-2013, 04:12 AM
I'm no Derick Rose fan, but I am a basketball fan.....I hate seeing guys get injured and a healthy Derick Rose is good for the NBA.

Hopefully this projected injury is not the case and Rose is able to get back shortly and with the flash he used to have.

utl768
11-23-2013, 04:39 AM
he was already the softest player in the league before this happened u wont see him till 2015-2016 now for sure

its a shame because talent wise he was a top player but this is kinda karma since he milked the last one so badly

DamnGoat
11-23-2013, 04:39 AM
Nothing confirmed yet. Let's hope for the best.
Not confirmed, but the vibe from the beat writers, team & Thibs is not good.

It really, really sucks and whether you like the guy or not, he doesn't deserve this.

WickedBadMan
11-23-2013, 04:56 AM
I feel way worse for the Bulls than Rose TBH. Hope it is just a sprain but at this point he has made boat loads of cash despite not being able to play the last two playoff series the Bulls made, this year would be three. Bulls would be in that limbo position where they make the playoffs without a good chance of winning, and a meh pick in the draft. If Rose is out they should just ship everyone out except maybe Butler and start over - pray for top 5 pick in this draft.

Stunner
11-23-2013, 04:59 AM
I don't think his career is over , but this recovery will be tougher than the first . I don't think Rose will be a superstar anymore , but an all star top 13 PG is very possible . I think he will be demoted and lead the 2nd tier of PG's which isn't bad . He can still have a nice career if he attacks his rehab and make his right knee as strong as his Left .

Sandman
11-23-2013, 05:10 AM

That's always hard to gauge. On one hand they could all ultimately be conditioning but on the other like you said it was varying injuries. Once you hurt one thing you stay off your legs (sprained ankle etc.) and its a chain reaction. Somebody else posted its not uncommon for somebody recovering from one ACL surgery to injure the opposite knee and I'm no doctor but I'm sure its a similar reason.

Also, I don't think it would have been in his best interest to be working out too hard. What if he tore one of those ACLs that summer? He got his 95m that December when the lockout ended.

Really sucks.

Heediot
11-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Probably not as bad as a tear. The media headlines are used to get a reaction and views.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-23-2013, 05:33 AM
Looks like RG3s injury....

Damn i feel bad for him and Bulls fans. I remember when Wade was constantly hurt and i wanted to cry... Thes injuries are much worse so i can only imagine the pain you guys feel. Also, feel sorry for Rose of course. Waited a full year to ensure his healthiness moving forward and look what happens..... terrible.

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Could just be a sprain tho... Hopefully.

If that's the case he'll still miss about a month or two.

_Supreme_
11-23-2013, 06:04 AM
I don't think his career is over , but this recovery will be tougher than the first . I don't think Rose will be a superstar anymore , but an all star top 13 PG is very possible . I think he will be demoted and lead the 2nd tier of PG's which isn't bad . He can still have a nice career if he attacks his rehab and make his right knee as strong as his Left .

He might have a career similar to Grant Hill.

torocan
11-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Wow, brutally harsh.

Sympathies to the Bulls, Bulls fans, and Rose fans.

Hope he comes back strong and it isn't an ACL tear, but if it is it's just another tragedy in the list of things that could have been. :(

RLundi
11-23-2013, 07:05 AM
I really hope this is not true.

sunsfan88
11-23-2013, 07:10 AM
I bet the Bulls feel stupid as ***** for not resigning Nate Robinson.

sunsfan88
11-23-2013, 07:13 AM
he was already the softest player in the league before this happened u wont see him till 2015-2016 now for sure

its a shame because talent wise he was a top player but this is kinda karma since he milked the last one so badly
You are such an idiot. How the hell is Rose soft for possibly tearing his ACL?

NYKNYGNYY
11-23-2013, 07:21 AM
Womp womp Womp

mike_noodles
11-23-2013, 07:31 AM
My heart honestly goes out to Rose, The Bulls and their fans. This is really heartbreaking.

O_Touro
11-23-2013, 07:36 AM

I agree... the problem is that we stuck with a top-13 PG with a max deal

ESaady
11-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ, this is honestly horrible for the NBA. One of the most exciting and explosive players may be lost for another season. He'll never be the same and that's a damn shame. He might come back and have a productive career but never again will he be drose that some of us come to love and enjoy watching.

PurpleLynch
11-23-2013, 07:51 AM
It's sad,hope is not a torn Acl,otherwise his future looks like Brandon Roy's future,both plagued by bad knees. And I love both.

Goose17
11-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Jesus ****ing Christ, this is honestly horrible for the NBA. One of the most exciting and explosive players may be lost for another season. He'll never be the same and that's a damn shame. He might come back and have a productive career but never again will he be drose that some of us come to love and enjoy watching.

This^

Always awful to see this sort of thing happening. One of my favourite players, wish him a speedy recovery.

GiantsSwaGG
11-23-2013, 09:30 AM
If this is true, Derrick Rose will never play at a superstar level ever again

D-Leethal
11-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Man, this is tough to swallow and I hate the Bulls. I hope he is fine. Nobody deserves this...

nycericanguy
11-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Honestly it happens... His mind set might be the reason maybe. He might have been playing scared or fearful of hurting the already hurt one and put more pressure on the other one. It sucks for the sports but it happens... Its something really... Stayed out as long as he could because he feared Injury and then comes back and tears the healthy leg. Goes to show you that Injuries will happy nomatter the precautions in any sport at anytime... Just go out and play and hope for the best.

I hope he comes back from this

was thinking the same thing... seems like teams try too hard to protect players these days. Knicks have/had a silly restriction on Amare/Kmart... Van Gundy was saying how silly it was. It's like you're not playing a guy in fear that he won't play due to injury, but you're already not playing him anyway so he might as well get injured!...lol

And Rose, who took so much time off, only to play 10 games and get hurt again. Who knows if all the time off hurt him, his game hasn't looked the same, lets be honest he's been awful. I felt he should have come back in the playoffs, I said back then, you can't take a title chance for granted. There are great players that never really got a title chance. The east was wide open and CHI had a chance... Rose left it on the table... and now what?

Knick_Fever
11-23-2013, 10:06 AM
Unconfirmed source: Rose just has a sprained knee

jp611
11-23-2013, 10:11 AM
Unconfirmed source: Rose just has a sprained knee

Unfortunately, that's probably not the case.

It was bad. He's done for the year most likely :(

Knick_Fever
11-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Unfortunately, that's probably not the case.

It was bad. He's done for the year most likely :(

Dont f'n say that! He doesn't deserve it, its not a tear. It can't be. I hope its not. Im praying its not:hope:

ThuglifeJ
11-23-2013, 10:25 AM
its amazing to read the posts and the universal love for d rose. guy was on his way to having an all time great PG career and so humble and driven. it doesnt look good and i feel sick about it. not fair.

Agreed. Not the smartest or my favorite. But he's one of the only few stars to come in a while that I appreciated his personality. Humble and hard working.

Stunner
11-23-2013, 10:32 AM
I think it's honestly a sprain and will be out a month hopefully . He didn't react to it as if he tore it , go pull up a whole bunch of videos of torn acl's . Players are down on the floor majority of the time for 5 mins . Plus he was bending his knee back in forth a bunch of times , if that's a tear it would hurt like hell and you would want them to stop .

jp611
11-23-2013, 10:39 AM
I think it's honestly a sprain and will be out a month hopefully . He didn't react to it as if he tore it , go pull up a whole bunch of videos of torn acl's . Players are down on the floor majority of the time for 5 mins . Plus he was bending his knee back in forth a bunch of times , if that's a tear it would hurt like hell and you would want them to stop .

We can only wait and hope man

I fear the worst though

Pacerlive
11-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I think it's honestly a sprain and will be out a month hopefully . He didn't react to it as if he tore it , go pull up a whole bunch of videos of torn acl's . Players are down on the floor majority of the time for 5 mins . Plus he was bending his knee back in forth a bunch of times , if that's a tear it would hurt like hell and you would want them to stop . I agree with you about his initial reaction didn't appear all that bad but you can walk on a torn ACL. I had a coworker who tore his and didn't know it for 10 years.

Knick_Fever
11-23-2013, 10:43 AM

I really hope you're right but Rondo tore his ACL and he didn't go down, and after watching the video again you see that it was fully non-contact injury, the scary ones.

Knick_Fever
11-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree with you about his initial reaction didn't appear all that bad but you can walk on a torn ACL. I had a coworker who tore his and didn't know it for 10 years.

holy sh**! tough guy.

BigEric
11-23-2013, 10:55 AM
Even if its a slight sprain, I don't see how he's mentally ever the same again, let alone physically.

goingfor28
11-23-2013, 11:00 AM
rrrrrrrrrrrrip

BcEuAbRsS
11-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I bet the Bulls feel stupid as ***** for not resigning Nate Robinson.

Yeah, Nate totally took us to that championship level, didn't he.

BranWingss
11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
I've watched a hockey player tear his ACL and actually finish a game. Just because he didn't react like others, or the way he did the first time, doesn't mean it's not torn again.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 11:10 AM

It's a shame you've lasted on this site for so long :shrug:

Just found out about this when I woke up. Terrible, terrible news. Hopefully somehow it's not another torn ACL :pray:

And hopefully this time people get over themselves and let him recover at the pace his body deems necessary. Hopefully everyone bashing him for not coming back is shoveling that crow into their mouths too.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 11:17 AM

As more and more people will say, there isn't a typical reaction to a torn ACL. Some people go down in agonizing pain, some people are able to just walk it off, some people play through it and realize it's torn later. There are tons of factors involved. I haven't seen the clip, so I don't quite know how he reacted, but your third sentence isn't quite true.

Tom Brady walked off the field when he tore his. Brian Cushing notably last year did the same. I'm sure there are a million more examples, those are just the two I most remember. Hell, when I tore my ACL in HS, since it was such a clean tear and nothing else was damaged, I walked right off the field too. A lot depends on how much damage there is to the meniscus and MCL, but I don't at all agree with your third paragraph. It affects lateral movement and stability, but you can walk in a straight line.

And the manual ACL test is pretty obvious. You push above the knee cap one way, below the knee the other way, and you pretty much can tell right away if there's a tear.

Hopefully it isn't an ACL tear, but I wouldn't be judging anything based on the reaction.

todu82
11-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Poor Rose is all I have to say. The guy can't catch a break. Hopefully this isn't a torn ACL though.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Mark Woods: Multiple sources reporting Bulls fear Derrick Rose has sustained another ACL tear. Could put career in jeopardy. Will have scan later. Twitter @markbritball

ManRam
11-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Mark Woods: Multiple sources reporting Bulls fear Derrick Rose has sustained another ACL tear. Could put career in jeopardy. Will have scan later. Twitter @markbritball

Even considering how slowly his body recovered after the first one, I still can't imagine even another one ending a career of a player so young and so good. :shrug:

Hopefully this won't be the last we see of him. I can't imagine it is tho.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Even considering how slowly his body recovered after the first one, I still can't imagine even another one ending a career of a player so young and so good. :shrug:

Hopefully this won't be the last we see of him. I can't imagine it is tho.

Yea I know hope not. Listen I can't stand the bulls or care for D Rose but he is a great PG and I wish him the best. Feel bad for him no one deserves this.

KnickaBocka.44
11-23-2013, 11:55 AM
It's a shame you've lasted on this site for so long :shrug:

Just found out about this when I woke up. Terrible, terrible news. Hopefully somehow it's not another torn ACL :pray:

And hopefully this time people get over themselves and let him recover at the pace his body deems necessary. Hopefully everyone bashing him for not coming back is shoveling that crow into their mouths too.

This didn't need to be said. He would have been back by now, regardless, so no one needs to "eat crow" for anything they said about him.

ManRam
11-23-2013, 12:10 PM
This didn't need to be said. He would have been back by now, regardless, so no one needs to "eat crow" for anything they said about him.

No. It does. He came back at his own pace which wasn't good enough for us silly fans and our stupid expectations, and look what happened. Imagine if he rushed it?

People heal differently. It's just a complete and utter joke that people were getting mad at him for not coming back when they deemed he should have. It's his body. When he's ready, he's ready. He was young and had his whole career ahead of him, why should he have rushed it? Selfish fans...nothing more, nothing less.

CubsRule08
11-23-2013, 12:16 PM
This blows...

ghettosean
11-23-2013, 12:29 PM

No. It does. He came back at his own pace which wasn't good enough for us silly fans and our stupid expectations, and look what happened. Imagine if he rushed it?

People heal differently. It's just a complete and utter joke that people were getting mad at him for not coming back when they deemed he should have. It's his body. When he's ready, he's ready. He was young and had his whole career ahead of him, why should he have rushed it? Selfish fans...nothing more, nothing less.

Yes this exactly

KnickaBocka.44
11-23-2013, 12:31 PM

It's not even the same knee. It's got virtually nothing to do with his previous injury.

He plays with more reckless abandon than almost anyone we've seen other than AI and maybe Wade. These injuries are more a result of that than anyone saying he should have come back. The desires of those fans have nothing to do with this.

Stunner
11-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Rose was healing just as good as anyone else was , it was on Rose to feel if he was able to be a double team last year and he didn't . He was healthy he just wasn't confident in it yet . Rose injuried his other knee so nobody needs to eat crow about anything and that's coming from a bulls fan .

Slug3
11-23-2013, 12:48 PM
It's not even the same knee. It's got virtually nothing to do with his previous injury.

He plays with more reckless abandon than almost anyone we've seen other than AI and maybe Wade. These injuries are more a result of that than anyone saying he should have come back. The desires of those fans have nothing to do with this.

This last play and a few years ago when he first tore his acl he literally just planted weird or something as he was not reckless at all.

nycericanguy
11-23-2013, 01:04 PM

If anything this proves the opposite. No matter how careful or cautious you are, injuries are and can be a freak thing.

If anything I would argue that maybe taking too much time off had a negative affect on his "feel" for the game. He was awful this year, and maybe over compensating on the right leg. Maybe if he had come back last year and gotten over it he wouldn't be over compensating this year.

Shump for instance, I doubt he worries about his ACL anymore or over compensates.

I mean do you think if he takes 2-3 years off now he's guaranteed to not get hurt again when he comes back? I'd argue the opposite.

leroyp33
11-23-2013, 01:06 PM
SAD DAY... as a bulls and basketball fan. Ask LBJ if he wants to win by default and he will tell you flat out no

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 01:07 PM
It was more a freak accident than anything. I'm hoping its only an sprain or something.

Badluck33
11-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Wait a sec....

Non-contact injury......

50 years to the day since JFK was assassinated.

1/2 of 50 = 25 (derrick Rose' age)

JFK Mother was named "ROSE"

JFK Sister was named "ROSE"

ILLUMINATI!!!

pacofunk64
11-23-2013, 01:21 PM
For the love of god. You have got to be kidding me. I am just at a lost of words right now. Just shocked.

Minimal
11-23-2013, 01:29 PM
This is where I understand that I don't hate the player, but fanbase of his. Really sorry for Rose, a good player, but feels like his career is ruined :/

Stunner
11-23-2013, 01:30 PM
If Rose tore his ACL he'll be back by all star break in 2015

kozelkid
11-23-2013, 01:30 PM

Not to mention considering how much he has struggled this year, it's plainly evident that he probably would have hurt more than helped last year's team.

Tony_Starks
11-23-2013, 01:40 PM

When you have injury to one knee it's very common to later have problems with the other after you've recovered. Not saying this injury was related to the other but it wouldn't shock me at all if it was....

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Hope its just a sprain. I know here on PSD Heat and Bull fans hate each other but don't wish this on any player, even if he is on arch rival

*Superman*
11-23-2013, 01:47 PM
When you have injury to one knee it's very common to later have problems with the other after you've recovered. Not saying this injury was related to the other but it wouldn't shock me at all if it was....

Yeah I've read someone say when you injure one, it usually creates an imbalance because the new one is a lot stronger. Idk if this could be the case but maybe he spent too much time trying to rehab the left knee and made his right seem even more inferior? Never know.

Beltrans Mole
11-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Wow...that's all you can say.

IKnowHoops
11-23-2013, 02:00 PM

These kind of posts are hilarious

Mudvayne91
11-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Not to mention considering how much he has struggled this year, it's plainly evident that he probably would have hurt more than helped last year's team.

He was the only player worth a damn against the Nuggets a few days ago.

I actually take that back, Boozer was pretty decent. Rose did make some sick moves against the Nugs though and was high score for Chicago

Tony_Starks
11-23-2013, 02:23 PM
For his sake and the sake of basketball I hope he makes it back. The east is absolutely pathetic this year, we can basically just fast forward to Indy vs Miami ECF.

shep33
11-23-2013, 02:27 PM
Might be the worst Eastern Conference ever this season after this.

Hope he's okay :(

NYMetros
11-23-2013, 02:29 PM
This just sucks for the NBA.

AddiX
11-23-2013, 02:30 PM
This is quickly mounting up to the worst season of NBA basketball I've ever seen.

I barely care about watching right now. And now the bulls are unwatcheable, and I'll have to listen all season about how good deng is, smh, just scrap this season, start over next year NBA. This one is a fail.

ATX
11-23-2013, 02:37 PM

Wow, what a ridiculous post. The Bulls weren't getting by the Heat. The Heat only have to worry about Indiana in the East I agree, but that could have been said during the offseason. Nothing more than a troll post. Anyway, your trolling aside, I really really really hope it's only a strain...Anything but another ACL. This is such a terrible break for Rose.

cvburg
11-23-2013, 02:42 PM

Not entirely true the fact that you tare your acl causes you to compensate in all aspects of life, I Tore my left acl , ever since then I have lower back issues, im 28 now, and I still play rec ball.....you do things on the court differently because of the repair, like im solely a 2 foot jumper now, and I do force most of my weight on my right....lucky I havent messed my right one up *knocks on wood* but that's what happened to him...i feel for him sadly he will never be the same...sorry bulls fans, so unlucky jay will now drose....don't take pgs in top 2 anymore its a jinx

Gators123
11-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm not a doctor but I bet its just a sprain.

A_Bynum_sucks
11-23-2013, 02:59 PM

It takes less then 1 hour to conduct, and get the results of a MRI. If Rose was okay, or if it showed no major damage...they would have announced that already. Word is that Rose came to L.A. after the game in Portland last night to get the test done....why, I have no idea. Portland has alot of great Hospitals. But Rose had the MRI done at least 2 if not 3 hours ago L.A. time. So the Doctors, the Bulls and Rose know exactly what the extent of his Injury is. And if it were minor...they would have happily announced that.

Gators123
11-23-2013, 03:00 PM
It takes less then 1 hour to conduct, and get the results of a MRI. If Rose was okay, or if it showed no major damage...they would have announced that already. Word is that Rose came to L.A. after the game in Portland last night to get the test done....why, I have no idea. Portland has alot of great Hospitals. But Rose had the MRI done at least 2 if not 3 hours ago L.A. time. So the Doctors, the Bulls and Rose know exactly what the extent of his Injury is. And if it were minor...they would have happily announced that.

About 30 minutes ago Woj said Rose is still a couple hours away from getting a MRI :shrug:

QueensG_718
11-23-2013, 03:05 PM
This is quickly mounting up to the worst season of NBA basketball I've ever seen.

I barely care about watching right now. And now the bulls are unwatcheable, and I'll have to listen all season about how good deng is, smh, just scrap this season, start over next year NBA. This one is a fail.

I agree especially that the Knicks suck right now

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski: Chicago star Derrick Rose is still a couple of hours away from getting the MRI on his right knee in Los Angeles. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

Sly Guy
11-23-2013, 03:38 PM
ouch, I'm really sorry bulls' fans. This is not good.

GiantsSwaGG
11-23-2013, 03:42 PM
A non contact injury usually means ACL tear...

Two word: Iman Shumpert

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 03:46 PM
The fact that he was on crutches after the game, tells you that he most probably hurt his ACL. Now, let's just hope its a second grade and not third.

AddiX
11-23-2013, 03:50 PM
I agree especially that the Knicks suck right now

Yeah that doesn't help either.

But I generally watch the NBA no matter who's playing, this year I just cant. It's like the entire NBA showed up and decided, we ain't even gonna play hard.

Its been like that for years, but I don't ever remember it being quite this bad. Even the top teams, or teams that are expected to make a push, look flat out terrible and bored.

Ill21
11-23-2013, 04:10 PM
About 30 minutes ago Woj said Rose is still a couple hours away from getting a MRI :shrug:

They are probably still waiting for the swelling to go down.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 04:14 PM
My guess is it'll be a grade 2 sprain, also known as a partial tear of the ACL.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 04:16 PM
My guess is it'll be a grade 2 sprain, also known as a partial tear of the ACL.

Grade 2 Sprains. A Grade 2 Sprain stretches the ligament to the point where it becomes loose. This is often referred to as a partial tear of the ligament.

That was my thought too. Either way, I don't think he'll be back this season.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 04:17 PM

A sprain is a tear. It depends on grades.

Grade II would be a partial tear.

Grade III would be a complete tear, where the actual ligament splits into 2, which happened to Rose in his left knee in 2012.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 04:19 PM
That was my thought too. Either way, I don't think he'll be back this season.

I think he'll probably be back by the all-star break, I think he understands he's going to receive more flack if he takes the season off after just 12 games, and he has to understand that injuries are a part of the game and you can't be a scared little ***** about it when you're on the floor. You play the game.

mjt20mik
11-23-2013, 04:22 PM
I think he'll probably be back by the all-star break, I think he understands he's going to receive more flack if he takes the season off after just 12 games, and he has to understand that injuries are a part of the game and you can't be a scared little ***** about it when you're on the floor. You play the game.

Again this depends on the severity. If surgery isn't needed, then it can take him maybe 1-2 months to get back on the court (which an all-star break comeback seems about right). However, if it is severe, he's gonna be out much longer.

85BearsDefense
11-23-2013, 04:46 PM
should have an answer soon

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 05:23 PM
should have an answer soon

There goes by a glacier.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Damn. Just thinking about if it is torn the doctor who has to tell him and Rose reaction poor guy.

king4day
11-23-2013, 06:14 PM
Not that it's important but I wonder if he switches shoe brands after this? It's looking like adidas is probably regretting that endorsement deal they gave him.

Furymaker
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM
K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 1m
Per sources, Derrick Rose tore his right meniscus and will need surgery.

TO Rapz
11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Meniscus tear.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Better than a complete ACL tear. Anyone know how long he'll be out?

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
And it is medial meniscus or lateral meniscus that he tore?

leprechaun5
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
edit.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Oh right here, it is the medial meniscus.

@CBSSports : @ChicagoBulls : Derrick Rose's MRI confirms medial meniscus tear to his right knee, which will require surgery: http://t.co/jlmD5t6Te0

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Just saw this wonder how long

Bruno
11-23-2013, 06:30 PM
this is terrible news. we already lost one great guard from this generation. hope he's okay.

KniCks4LiFe
11-23-2013, 06:32 PM

4-6 mths. till he can go full out.

Cubby
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM

Should be 2-3 months. My guess is he comes around at a similar time to Gasol.

Cubby
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM

4-6 mths. till he can go full out.

It's definitely not 6 months.

Matter.
11-23-2013, 06:37 PM
It's definitely not 6 months.

@ATTACKATHLETICS
Couple ways to deal with a meniscus tear. Take it out, you return faster but can shorten your career. Reattach it, miss maybe 4-6 months.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM
@ATTACKATHLETICS
Couple ways to deal with a meniscus tear. Take it out, you return faster but can shorten your career. Reattach it, miss maybe 4-6 months.

Mine is torn and I play rec ball completely different. So it can be done.

Hawkeye15
11-23-2013, 06:41 PM
so Rose is missing 4 months or so?

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:42 PM
so Rose is missing 4 months or so?

Depending on how they handle procedure. But looks like that atleast

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Meaning he should be back by the time the playoffs roll around.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:45 PM
If Rose decides to reattach the meniscus – usually the route taken by young players – he'll be expected to miss the rest of the regular season. To clip off the meniscus is a riskier long-term issue, but could have Rose back in one to two months.

Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook suffered a torn meniscus in the Western Conference playoffs in April, and had the procedure to reattach it. He finally returned early this season.

From Woj Yahoo

mets100%
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Metta had that surgery last year and returned in 13 days.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-23-2013, 06:48 PM
His career is over. He'll play again, but won't be the same. I had the same injury, ended my career.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:49 PM
The Bulls are going to be a Darkhose team in the East playoffs if Rose can get back in time.

P&GRealist
11-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Metta had that surgery last year and returned in 13 days.

His was an arthroscopy, not a re-attachment of the torn ligament. If Rose's injury qualifies for that, then by all means he should go for the scope instead of the re-attachment.

Linkels
11-23-2013, 06:51 PM
His career is over. He'll play again, but won't be the same. I had the same injury, ended my career.

What team did you play for in the NBA?

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
His was an arthroscopy, not a re-attachment of the torn ligament. If Rose's injury qualifies for that, then by all means he should go for the scope instead of the re-attachment.
If he goes for the scope he can cut his career shorter

Hawkeye15
11-23-2013, 06:54 PM
this sucks so hard

Hawkeye15
11-23-2013, 06:55 PM
If he goes for the scope he can cut his career shorter

which is why a player like Metta went that way. He is in the twighlight of his career anyways.

therealwd27
11-23-2013, 06:58 PM
which is why a player like Metta went that way. He is in the twighlight of his career anyways.

This. Rose is still young.

king4day
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Closing this thread since the news has been updated:

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?845541-Derrick-Rose-Torn-Meniscus