PDA

View Full Version : 1/8th thru the season, who would be your All NBA 1st team?

P&GRealist
11-20-2013, 11:15 PM
2 backcourt players with 3 front court players is the criteria (since this made that criteria for the all-star game):

2 backcourt: CP3 and Harden

3 frontcourt: Paul George, LeBron, Durant

Bruno
11-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Paul/Curry/LeBron/Durant/Love.

mjt20mik
11-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Paul/Curry/LeBron/Durant/Love.

Seems about right..

ManRam
11-21-2013, 12:52 AM
1/8th season awards are always my favorite!

Paul/Curry/James/Dur....**** it, Bruno's list looks nice.

Davis or Lopez would be the other vote-getters.

shep33
11-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Marion!!!!!!!!

Bruno
11-21-2013, 01:16 AM

it kills me to leave davis off but his team hasn't won enough games. Paul Georges line isn't quite dominant enough to pass Love, Durant or James yet despite their record, imo. Lopez has been great too.

P&GRealist
11-21-2013, 02:32 AM

I did 1/8th because it's just an easier way to assess every 10 games or so.

Bite me!

PowerHouse
11-21-2013, 02:51 AM
Way too early. When we get to 8/8 of the season these lists will look completely different.

tredigs
11-21-2013, 02:53 AM
Any list that doesn't include Anthony Davis is incorrect.

Bruno
11-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Any list that doesn't include Anthony Davis is incorrect.

when was the last time an all NBA first team selection was on a team with a losing record?

the 'Cans are at the bottom of their division. Love Durant and James get the front court nods with their brilliant stat lines and their winning records. with Indy at 10-1 Paul George has an argument over Davis 1/8th of the way through too.

IndyRealist
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
when was the last time an all NBA first team selection was on a team with a losing record?

the 'Cans are at the bottom of their division. Love Durant and James get the front court nods with their brilliant stat lines and their winning records. with Indy at 10-1 Paul George has an argument over Davis 1/8th of the way through too.
Over Davis, yes. But over Love? I'm a Pacers lifer, and I can't justify it.

Tony_Starks
11-21-2013, 03:07 PM
CP3, Curry, George, Bron, Lamarcus Aldridge...

FlashBolt
11-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Lol, Curry does not belong here.

sp1derm00
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Lol, Curry does not belong here.

Curry definitely belongs. He's the type of player that contributes way more than his stats show.

Sure, he's averaging 20/4/9/2 on 59% TS, but he gets doubled way behind the 3 point line. The amount of respect he gets from opponents is ridiculous. Because of this, he provides so much spacing by playing off the ball. Iguodala, Klay, and Barnes are all having career years in scoring efficiency this season and a huuuge part of that is because of how much attention Curry gets.

Two of the Warriors 4 losses this season came with Curry out. Both of those games were the team's lowest scoring games. 81 points last night against the Grizzlies and 74 against the Spurs. You might attribute those low scoring nights to defense, which is true for the Spurs, but the Grizzlies are middle of the pack (13th of 30) in terms of defense this season.

Say what you will about a small sample size, but you only need to watch the game to see the difference Curry makes just by being on the floor. That impact to me, definitely puts Curry in the conversation for All-NBA First Team so far this season.

tredigs
11-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Curry definitely belongs. He's the type of player that contributes way more than his stats show.

Sure, he's averaging 20/4/9/2 on 59% TS, but he gets doubled way behind the 3 point line. The amount of respect he gets from opponents is ridiculous. Because of this, he provides so much spacing by playing off the ball. Iguodala, Klay, and Barnes are all having career years in scoring efficiency this season and a huuuge part of that is because of how much attention Curry gets.

Two of the Warriors 4 losses this season came with Curry out. Both of those games were the team's lowest scoring games. 81 points last night against the Grizzlies and 74 against the Spurs. You might attribute those low scoring nights to defense, which is true for the Spurs, but the Grizzlies are middle of the pack (13th of 30) in terms of defense this season.

Say what you will about a small sample size, but you only need to watch the game to see the difference Curry makes just by being on the floor. That impact to me, definitely puts Curry in the conversation for All-NBA First Team so far this season.

And that 81 was in OT. The O grinds to a halt without him.

Pretty much, it's a lot of this when he's on the court:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZTe7lOCIAA-rkp.png:large

Iggy - who was shooting 60% from the field and 52% from 3 due to all his open looks - going 3-14 from the field and 0-4 from 3 last night wasn't shocking. I called him having the best shooting season of his career a couple months ago, but that only goes if Curry plays.

The best players this season have been Anthony Davis, Lebron, K Love, Durant, Cp3, Paul George and Curry. I'd have AD in there, but I guess any order including those would seem fine.

Originally Posted by Bruno87

Pels are 5-6 and haven't had Ryan Anderson most of the year. Wolves are 7-6 with Love having a better cast to this point. It's irrelevant.

Bruno
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Pels are 5-6 and haven't had Ryan Anderson most of the year. Wolves are 7-6 with Love having a better cast to this point. It's irrelevant.
there's nothing irrelevant about it. go find me the last time a dude on a team with a losing record made the all nba first team. what year did that happen last? precedence matters.

can the pelicans do better with anderson? yeah, but this is a 1/8th of the season analysis, it's about right now. the pelicans are last in their division and are 10th in the western conference. i'm one of the biggest davis supporters of the forum but his team hasn't won enough game for him to be first team material yet. Not when James, Durant, Love and George have been great on winning teams. During the 1/4th first team review, if Loves wolves drop and the 'Cans pass them in record, then Davis gets the nod.

whats irrelevant is taking into account supporting cast, when has that ever mattered when it comes to first team selections?

tredigs
11-21-2013, 04:48 PM
there's nothing irrelevant about it. go find me the last time a dude on a team with a losing record made the all nba first team. what year did that happen last? precedence matters.

can the pelicans do better with anderson? yeah, but this is a 1/8th of the season analysis, it's about right now. the pelicans are last in their division and are 10th in the western conference. i'm one of the biggest davis supporters of the forum but his team hasn't won enough game for him to be first team material yet. Not when James, Durant, Love and George have been great on winning teams. During the 1/4th first team review, if Loves wolves drop and the 'Cans pass them in record, then Davis gets the nod.

whats irrelevant is taking into account supporting cast, when has that ever mattered when it comes to first team selections?

This early in the season I'm focusing on the player, not whether or not his team is 2 games ahead or behind another. You may be taking the ? a bit more literally than I am. Toronto's an HCA playoff team in the East and has a worse record than the Pelicans. I'll just focus on what I'm seeing from the players, for now...

Bruno
11-21-2013, 05:36 PM
This early in the season I'm focusing on the player, not whether or not his team is 2 games ahead or behind another. You may be taking the ? a bit more literally than I am. Toronto's an HCA playoff team in the East and has a worse record than the Pelicans. I'll just focus on what I'm seeing from the players, for now...

I'm answering the question. :)

shen
11-21-2013, 05:44 PM
CP3/Curry/George/LeBron/LMA

valade16
11-21-2013, 06:42 PM

CP3/Curry/George/LeBron/LMA

I'm a huge Blazer fan and think he has played amazing, but he is not 1st team.

Making an All-NBA team for sure, but 1st team? eh

shen
11-21-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm a huge Blazer fan and think he has played amazing, but he is not 1st team.

Making an All-NBA team for sure, but 1st team? eh

I had it as LMA or Hibbert so I flipped a coin.

Guppyfighter
11-21-2013, 08:30 PM

Lamarcus over Lover?

Jesus. Why do you even watch basketball?

NoahH
11-21-2013, 11:14 PM
2 backcourt players with 3 front court players is the criteria (since this made that criteria for the all-star game):

2 backcourt: CP3 and Harden

3 frontcourt: Paul George, LeBron, Durant

I agree with this. Curry might hop over Harden but he's been injured and had 2 bad games

tredigs
11-22-2013, 01:00 AM
You guys all know AD leads the league in PER + WS/48 along with dominant D that includes 2stls + 4blks a night, right? I mean, if peak Hakeem or Shaq were the ones people are taking over him is the reason I'd get it, but Paul George? LMA???? Even K. Love I'd be fine with, though I don't think he's reaching AD's 2 way impact right now.

tredigs
11-22-2013, 01:01 AM
I agree with this. Curry might hop over Harden but he's been injured and had 2 bad games

Even with the game he had to leave early and a couple games off for random injury, he's outplayed Harden on offense along with his matador/joke-of-the-internet D.

jerellh528
11-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Paul, curry, George,Lebron, Davis.
But man you could also throw in durant, love, iggy, a lot of guys are playing great so far.