PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the talent and just needs more time?

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Often you find teams like the Memphis Grizzlies who kept that core of Conley/Gay/Zbo/Gasol together year after year and their win % jumped from 48 to 56 to 62 to 68. Sometimes you have the team you just need the cohesiveness of playing together. This poll is about teams that are currently under .500 but can keep basically the SAME core of players together and eventually make the type of run the Grizz made last year or even further.

Which team do you believe has the talent and just needs more time?

TrueFan420
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
I think you mean Pelicans

COOLbeans
11-18-2013, 07:59 PM

I was going to say the exact same thing

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 08:57 PM
The team that's not going to get nearly enough love... Jazz.

koreancabbage
11-18-2013, 10:08 PM
homer pick are the Raptors

but Kings. so talented and McLemore needs more seasoning.

Supreme LA
11-18-2013, 10:11 PM
I pick the Kings. If Cousins can maximize his potential and Mclemore develops the way I see him developing then the Kings should have the best pieces to build over time than the rest IMO.

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 10:17 PM
So far Bucks and Jazz only teams without a vote.

Guppyfighter
11-18-2013, 10:30 PM
Raptors don't have the most talent, but they will produce the best results on that list.

koreancabbage
11-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Raptors don't have the most talent, but they will produce the best results on that list.

I think Gay is beyond talented than most think of him - its shot selection- everything he does well but he has that selfish gene in him and no jump shot he doesn't like. and Lowry is pretty underrated right now that he's having a healthy season. I mean we can't expect both Derozan and Gay to shoot less 40% for the season. that is career low numbers/ below league average /and not career norms. Things can only get better from this point on IMO.

Bishnoff
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Wizards edit: Okafor was traded to the Suns for Gortat. Any by "SF", do you mean Porter Jr?

IversonIsKrazy
11-18-2013, 11:26 PM
I thought Wiz' were going to make a jump last year, but didn't. Beg of this season I said they will, nd so far it doesn't look like it. Kings for the past few years I kept thinking they'll make the jump, but don't.
Magic I don't see enough to judge. Raps & Pistons got potential to be middle-of-the-pack teams, but thas abt it. Most potential imo are Kings, Wiz & Pelicans. I'll go with Wiz tho.

CoffeeJanitor
11-19-2013, 01:09 AM
Pelicans have the best player.

I vote them.

Sactown
11-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Detroit has a lot of talent on that roster, I question the. Coaching and I also wonder if the combo of JSmooth and Jennings is to much nucklehead

bholly
11-19-2013, 01:21 AM
I really wish (for their sake) the Pistons had've kept on with a proper rebuild instead of getting impatient and going the Jennings/Smith route. Such a waste.

Chose the Pelicans. Don't love all of their moves either, but Anthony Davis is almost going to be enough by himself.

PurpleLynch
11-19-2013, 12:58 PM
I'd say Detroit. They have a lot of talent and the right pieces to do a Bad Boys team again. But Jennigs and others need to go.

2-ONE-5
11-19-2013, 01:04 PM
NO for sure. Detroit just has players that dont fit together, the Wiz players have been together since last year and the rest arent playoff contenders anyway

Lakers + Giants
11-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Sacramento doesn't know how to develop talent. They have had talent for a while now and still remain among the league's worst. All they do is keep drafting studs but don't get any better.

They drafted tyreke, he was ROY and then they couldn't develop him at all. I like the kings and all but they don't develop talent.

Bishnoff
11-19-2013, 08:28 PM
NO for sure. Detroit just has players that dont fit together, the Wiz players have been together since last year and the rest arent playoff contenders anyway

??? Wizards have Gortat and Porter Jr (injured) new this season.

Blitzbolt
11-19-2013, 08:31 PM
The key is finding a style early on then build on that Grizzlies/Pacers when with POWER and defense while teams like the warriors went with shooters and energy.Alot of this teams don't know what they are doing they are just in between styles and have no identity.

Pelicans coach is great so they are on their way.But Detroit has the talent they just need to do things right.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Haha. don't even include the Nets. cool man. I'll be referencing this thread later in the season.

bholly
11-20-2013, 01:13 AM
Haha. don't even include the Nets. cool man. I'll be referencing this thread later in the season.

The thread (if you actually read the OP), is about teams growing together over several years. Either you didn't read the thread and just wanted to jam the Nets in wherever you could, or you're completely delusional about the Nets' window.

EAGLES3658
11-20-2013, 01:51 AM
I'd like to say the Wizards but that is only if John Wall realizes he is NOT a damn shooter.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Pelicans. Most of those teams are either aren't talented or are constructed poorly.

Hornets have 4 solid guys in their core they can build on in Davis, Holliday, Anderson and Gordon. Tyreke doesn't fit there but he is solid trade bait.

xabial
11-20-2013, 02:02 AM
[QUOTE=PurpleLynch;27440340]I'd say Detroit. They have a lot of talent and the right pieces to do a Bad Boys team again. But Jennigs and others need to go./QUOTE]

I'm interested. Who are "others"?

WES KOAST
11-20-2013, 02:07 AM

no, he meant hornets. I reject pelicans. no nba team should be named pelicans. I wouldn't wish that even on my rivals.

Guppyfighter
11-20-2013, 03:35 AM
no, he meant hornets. I reject pelicans. no nba team should be named pelicans. I wouldn't wish that even on my rivals.

Pelicans are badass as ****.

2-ONE-5
11-20-2013, 11:20 AM
??? Wizards have Gortat and Porter Jr (injured) new this season.

Was going off it saying Okafor on the poll.

GrumpyOldMan
11-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I really like the parts the Kings have going forward and voted for them in the poll, but then looked at what team listed is most likely to improve in the draft. If Utah ends up with Wiggins to go with the 4 players listed they should be the best in 2 or 3 years.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-21-2013, 12:04 AM
The thread (if you actually read the OP), is about teams growing together over several years. Either you didn't read the thread and just wanted to jam the Nets in wherever you could, or you're completely delusional about the Nets' window.

Oh whoops. Sorry, OP. completely misread it.

Don't see these teams with this specific core going anywhere:
Bucks (Knight/Mayo/Ilyasova/Sanders) - Not a fan of Knight/May. At least one of these will be gone IMO.
Raptors (Lowry/Derozan/Gay/JV) - Gay/Derozon isn't a good combo even though they enjoy playing with each other. Lowry seems to have regressed. JV's tapping into his potential is key here.
Kings (Thomas/McLemore/Thompson/Cousins) - All four of these players are still big IFs. Obviously Cousin is extremely talented but he has yet to win consistently.

I have high hopes for these:
Hornets (Jrue/Gordon/Ryno/Brow) - Anderson/Davis will be incredible to watch (I know it was his first game back).
Magic (Afflalo/Oladipo/Harris/Vuj) - Can't wait to see Harris back. Liked seeing Oladip starting even though they were blown out by the Heat.
Wizards (Wall/Beal/SF/Nene/Okafor) - Beal has impresed this season. Definitely made a leap.

No idea:
Detroit (Jennings/Smith/Monroe/Drummond) - Team has been underwhelming so far (4-7) but still have time to put it together. Not a fan of Jennings/Smith
Jazz (Burke/Hayward/Favors/Kanter) - Still question marks but less so than the Kings core mentioned above.

bholly
11-21-2013, 12:19 AM
^^Not the response I was expecting when I saw you'd posted and remembered how dick-ish my post was. Props.