PDA

View Full Version : Wade should have at least 1 MVP

WaDe03
11-18-2013, 03:42 AM
I believe he should have won the MVP the year he led the league in scoring coming back from injury and had the highest team turn around due to a player with +28 wins. Although it is almost impossible to debate against LeBron who won it that year I still believe Wade should have and Jordan says he believed Wade should have too. Also there's no telling what this could've done for Wade's career going into the following seasons with an MVP and very high confidence because of it.

FlashBolt
11-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Wade did get robbed that yer but he wasn't leading his team to the best record. James did that and played exceptional as well.

Slug3
11-18-2013, 10:34 AM
There have been a few years where someone else should have gotten the MVP over who actually got it. So it happens.

bholly
11-18-2013, 10:36 AM
He got the votes he deserved. Definitely wasn't 'robbed'. Their basic stats were amazingly similar, and it was probably right that Wade got the second most first-place votes (still only 7 of them), but you don't get points for things like 'you and your team were awful last year' and 'imagine what this will do for your career!'.
It's hard to put the 43-win guy above the 66-win guy, and Wade just didn't do enough to convince people to do that. LBJ was the right winner that year.

Heatcheck
11-18-2013, 10:37 AM
There have been a few years where someone else should have gotten the MVP over who actually got it. So it happens.

exactly. sucks. but what can you do?

Heatcheck
11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
He got the votes he deserved. Definitely wasn't 'robbed'. Their basic stats were amazingly similar, and it was probably right that Wade got the second most first-place votes (still only 7 of them), but you don't get points for things like 'you and your team were awful last year' and 'imagine what this will do for your career!'.
It's hard to put the 43-win guy above the 66-win guy, and Wade just didn't do enough to convince people to do that. LBJ was the right winner that year.

more points, more blocks, more steals, more assists, better fg%, playing with a whole new lineup, and 2 rookie starters if im not mistaken. I think JO and Quentin Richardson were the best players on that team.

wowzah
11-18-2013, 01:05 PM
I thought Wade deserved it and I would have voted for him, but it's not like LeBron was a slouch that year either.

Now when Rose won the award over LeBron. That was egregious.

WaDe03
11-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Yea the Derrick Rose one was pretty crazy

WaDe03
11-18-2013, 01:22 PM
I think it should be taken into consideration if you take an MVP candidate off the team how bad that team will be Wade's would've been a lot worse than LeBron's but then again giving it to the best player on the best team isn't dumb either. I don't mind LeBron won over Wade i just think Wade should have but no one has a chance of an MVP for probably another 10 years with LeBron in the league lol

J4KOP99
11-18-2013, 01:29 PM
He has a Finals MVP and that is of far greater importance.

WaDe03
11-18-2013, 01:30 PM

Yea thats what I've always said too

alexander_37
11-18-2013, 06:24 PM
What year.... Sorry but I don't see it.

ThaDubs
11-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Wade, CP3, maybe even Dwight Howard have all had MVP seasons that have been taken away by someone on a better team.

ManRam
11-18-2013, 06:59 PM
I say this whenever this argument pops up (usually with Kobe). If you're gonna say he should have at least one MVP, name me a year. These aren't lifetime achievement awards. The only way to answer it is by looking at it year-by-year.

There were years he was close, but I don't think he was ever close to being "robbed" of one.

Vinylman
11-18-2013, 07:57 PM
It's hilarious to watch Heat fans argue this when they would be the first to say kobe didn't deserve it in 05/06 or 06/07...

just sayin

ATX
11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I say this whenever this argument pops up (usually with Kobe). If you're gonna say he should have at least one MVP, name me a year. These aren't lifetime achievement awards. The only way to answer it is by looking at it year-by-year.

There were years he was close, but I don't think he was ever close to being "robbed" of one.

I echo this sentiment. He has been close a few times and I think the 08'-09' season was his best case. However, the HEAT were 47-35 that season, and considering his cast that was impressive, but James led his Cavs team to a record of 61-21, winning his first of 4 MVP's. So in that respect I don't think he was robbed at all. Wade had an MVP season, but of course there's just one winner. Taking a look at Wade's stats that year...

79 GP. 30.2 PPG. .491 FG%. 5 REB. 7.5 ASST. 2.2 STL. 1.3 BLK 30.4 PER 14.7 WS

ATX
11-18-2013, 08:17 PM
It's hilarious to watch Heat fans argue this when they would be the first to say kobe didn't deserve it in 05/06 or 06/07...

just sayin

Instigating...Derailing

Just sayin

ManRam
11-18-2013, 08:33 PM

just sayin

If this wasn't said in such a childish and defensive manner, I'd almost be inclined to agree. I will say that there hasn't been a strong argument made yet (there is a decent one to be made), and until those Heat fans saying he was "robbed" (just one or two of them) state a year it's hard for me to chop them down.

But here's the point, and here's how you, me, them, whoever, can actually not be hypocrites (because I'm sure you're willing to be one no less than they are)...

Kobe was on average teams those years. No one in the last 30+ years has ever won an MVP on a team that finished worse than 3rd in their conference. If the MVP voters are consistent on one thing, it's that. Kobe didn't deserve the "MVP" award those two years because of how the award has basically always been handed out. His teams were 7th place teams...that's just not going to bread an MVP. Plus, it's not like the gap between him and the other candidates (even past Nash) was big enough to make up for that.

2009 I'm guessing is the year people will mention for Wade, and he was on a 5th place team. So yeah, he wasn't "robbed", nor should we retroactively pretend he deserved it that year. Based on how the award is handed out, he didn't deserve it, fair or not. It's no different than Kobe.

Maybe they will be hypocritical, but you're bunching them all together and just assuming things. I'm sure you're willing to be hypocritical too...arguing Kobe deserves those two, and Wade didn't deserve the one in 2009. Right? I mean, that was Wade's best season ever, and probably a superior individual season than either of Kobe's 06 or 07 seasons...

Just sayin

TheMightyHumph
11-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I think we should all chip in and buy Wade an unofficial MVP trophy.

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 09:07 PM
I echo this sentiment. He has been close a few times and I think the 08'-09' season was his best case. However, the HEAT were 47-35 that season, and considering his cast that was impressive, but James led his Cavs team to a record of 61-21, winning his first of 4 MVP's. So in that respect I don't think he was robbed at all. Wade had an MVP season, but of course there's just one winner. Taking a look at Wade's stats that year...

79 GP. 30.2 PPG. .491 FG%. 5 REB. 7.5 ASST. 2.2 STL. 1.3 BLK 30.4 PER 14.7 WS

Cavs were 66-16.

If this wasn't said in such a childish and defensive manner, I'd almost be inclined to agree. I will say that there hasn't been a strong argument made yet (there is a decent one to be made), and until those Heat fans saying he was "robbed" (just one or two of them) state a year it's hard for me to chop them down.

But here's the point, and here's how you, me, them, whoever, can actually not be hypocrites (because I'm sure you're willing to be one no less than they are)...

Kobe was on average teams those years. No one in the last 30+ years has ever won an MVP on a team that finished worse than 3rd in their conference. If the MVP voters are consistent on one thing, it's that. Kobe didn't deserve the "MVP" award those two years because of how the award has basically always been handed out. His teams were 7th place teams...that's just not going to bread an MVP. Plus, it's not like the gap between him and the other candidates (even past Nash) was big enough to make up for that.

2009 I'm guessing is the year people will mention for Wade, and he was on a 5th place team. So yeah, he wasn't "robbed", nor should we retroactively pretend he deserved it that year. Based on how the award is handed out, he didn't deserve it, fair or not. It's no different than Kobe.

Maybe they will be hypocritical, but you're bunching them all together and just assuming things. I'm sure you're willing to be hypocritical too...arguing Kobe deserves those two, and Wade didn't deserve the one in 2009. Right? I mean, that was Wade's best season ever, and probably a superior individual season than either of Kobe's 06 or 07 seasons...

Just sayin

Does the fact that he was on a 5th place team ruin it for you? How bad can a player's team finish in the standings and still qualify for MVP?

P&GRealist
11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
So Kobe's 05-06 campaign (45-37) and 06-07 campaign (42-40), both yrs #7 seed in the competitive West should not count, but Wade's 08-09 campaign (43-39) as #5 seed in the Weak East should merit an MVP?

Makes sense.

P&GRealist
11-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Instigating...Derailing

Just sayin

No actually, he's pretty on point and his statement is relevant. It's you who's trying to hide from that fact by using two amazing words with three dots in between them.

Just sayin

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 10:02 PM
So Kobe's 05-06 campaign (45-37) and 06-07 campaign (42-40), both yrs #7 seed in the competitive West should not count, but Wade's 08-09 campaign (43-39) as #5 seed in the Weak East should merit an MVP?

Makes sense.

Ignoring team record, Wade's 09 was better than both of those seasons.

KingstonHawke
11-18-2013, 10:10 PM

Kobe should've won it the year he had that 81. That whole year he was head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. But he got penalized somehow for having miserable teammates. How many players in history would've had success with Smush Parker, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom, and Chris Mihm? I don't care if that's Jordan, Lebron, or Magic. There is no way that supporting cast is winning 60 games... and Kobe, or anyone else in a similar situation should be penalized for that.

Far as Wade... no, he wasn't better than Lebron that year, or ever. Wade can play two positions on offense, and defend two positions, Lebron 5 both ways. And the gap in their rebounding ability is more so than the gap in their assist ability. Plus, that year Lebron was the better passer anyway. You always have to take into account who has the better finishers.

amos1er
11-18-2013, 10:16 PM
I believe he should have won the MVP the year he led the league in scoring coming back from injury and had the highest team turn around due to a player with +28 wins. Although it is almost impossible to debate against LeBron who won it that year I still believe Wade should have and Jordan says he believed Wade should have too. Also there's no telling what this could've done for Wade's career going into the following seasons with an MVP and very high confidence because of it.

There is no way Wade deserved it over Lebron in 2009.

amos1er
11-18-2013, 10:20 PM

Makes sense.

It's not smart to argue logic to these people.

SportsFanatic10
11-18-2013, 10:24 PM
this thread is just asking for hate on wade just like the similar one about kobe recently lol.

realistically he has had a mvp caliber season to be sure in 08, but the timing just wasn't right. lebron has had the mvp on lockdown and the only reason rose managed to sneak one in was because it was lebron's first year with the heat and the hate was strong. people simply didn't wanna give it to him that year, so the timing was right luckily for rose to swoop in and claim it, although howard could/should of had it too.

lebron's really made things hard for wade in a way come to think about it lol, takes the mvp in wades best season, then costs him his 2nd finals mvp in '10. all this after making everyone view him as a 2nd rate star now after joining his team haha, but whatever the rings keep stacking up and wade doesn't have a huge ego. and now with his knee injury severity finally came to light lebron is saving him plenty of wear and tear and prolonging his career.

sammyvine
11-18-2013, 10:27 PM
heat fans mad wade never won an mvp and kobe did.

you can argue when kobe was in his prime the league was stacked with superstars like duncan, CP3, Dirk, Garnett, Lebron was emerging etc....
I can see why he only won one and wade never won an mvp. Too many superstars at that point.

Supreme LA
11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
Ignoring team record, Wade's 09 was better than both of those seasons.

Yeah, but you play to win the game. Isn't that the point? So Kobe taking his team further in a much tougher conference with less pretty much rejects that notion that Wade ever was really "robbed" of an MVP. The only person I can remember being truly robbed of an MVP in recent history was Shaq and MJ.

Supreme LA
11-18-2013, 10:54 PM
And I don't get why all these fanboys are making all these threads about how much credit Wade deserves. Seriously, the guy was a shell of himself last year and only a very few of you guys are still trying to argue for him. I don't hate Wade. I'm just sick of hearing people try to argue him as being on the same level as Kobe because he's definitely not. Throw out any stat you want and skew it any way you like. Wade is nowhere near Kobe.

ManRam
11-18-2013, 11:12 PM
And I don't get why all these fanboys are making all these threads about how much credit Wade deserves. Seriously, the guy was a shell of himself last year and only a very few of you guys are still trying to argue for him. I don't hate Wade. I'm just sick of hearing people try to argue him as being on the same level as Kobe because he's definitely not. Throw out any stat you want and skew it any way you like. Wade is nowhere near Kobe.

This thread isn't asking any question that has anything to do with anything you just whined about :laugh2:

Supreme LA
11-18-2013, 11:23 PM
This thread isn't asking any question that has anything to do with anything you just whined about :laugh2:

Yeah, it just has everything to do with all these Wade threads being posted lately. But thanks for chiming in though, prick.

ATX
11-18-2013, 11:27 PM
No actually, he's pretty on point and his statement is relevant. It's you who's trying to hide from that fact by using two amazing words with three dots in between them.

Just sayin

Nobody was talking about Kobe, nobody. That's why I said he was instigating and derailing this thread. How was his post "On point"? I don't understand your post and what exactly am I hiding from? What fact? I think you misunderstood my post.

carlthack
11-19-2013, 12:02 AM
LMFAO. Im sure this isnt a bias opinion about Wade at all, right Wade03? Wade should just consider himself damn lucky that he got more votes than Chris Paul or Dwight Howard (who had better seasons that year).

Bruno
11-19-2013, 12:04 AM

x2.

P&GRealist
11-19-2013, 12:18 AM
Nobody was talking about Kobe, nobody. That's why I said he was instigating and derailing this thread. How was his post "On point"? I don't understand your post and what exactly am I hiding from? What fact? I think you misunderstood my post.

I think I did misunderstand. My bad.

Heatcheck
11-19-2013, 10:45 AM
wah wah wah...."I don't like how people talk so much about wade, I wanna talk about kobe". go cry in another thread. we're talking about a specific year, and all I see is whinning because kobe only has one.

WaDe03
11-19-2013, 04:50 PM
LMFAO. Im sure this isnt a bias opinion about Wade at all, right Wade03? Wade should just consider himself damn lucky that he got more votes than Chris Paul or Dwight Howard (who had better seasons that year).

Yea I'm a Wade fan obviously and I believe in 09 he should've won it; his team was the worst in the league the year before without him and no one could stop him that year even knowing going into games thats all they had to do. I don't give two ***** about Kobe but I don't hate on him I also think he should've had more than just 1. But it is what it is I guess I'll just happily keep watching Wade add more pieces to his ring collection I hope you and your team enjoy it as much as I will.

LAKobeBryant
11-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Too late for this thread, he passed his prime already

PowerHouse
11-19-2013, 06:25 PM
Yea I'm a Wade fan obviously and I believe in 09 he should've won it; his team was the worst in the league the year before without him and no one could stop him that year even knowing going into games thats all they had to do. I don't give two ***** about Kobe but I don't hate on him I also think he should've had more than just 1. But it is what it is I guess I'll just happily keep watching Wade add more pieces to his ring collection I hope you and your team enjoy it as much as I will.

Its pretty funny how so many people on this thread are having a hissy-fit over people bringing up Kobe's name into a Wade thread and yet the Wade-slurper who started the thread is doing the same thing himself. Carlthack never even mentioned anything about Kobe. And no he wont enjoy it because he doesnt give a damn about the Heat and neither do I. They arent going to win it this year anyway.

SportsFanatic10
11-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Its pretty funny how so many people on this thread are having a hissy-fit over people bringing up Kobe's name into a Wade thread and yet the Wade-slurper who started the thread is doing the same thing himself. Carlthack never even mentioned anything about Kobe. And no he wont enjoy it because he doesnt give a damn about the Heat and neither do I. They arent going to win it this year anyway.

you sound like you really don't want them to win and therefore do give a damn lol.

WaDe03
11-20-2013, 02:31 AM

haha Wade-slurper that's a good one. I'm sure you're right about them not winning it all this year just like everyone who has been saying that the past two years and have been wrong. I doubt they even make the playoffs to be honest they just don't have enough talent or any all-time greats on their team to contend.

jerellh528
11-20-2013, 08:13 AM
People are *****ing because Kobe got brought up in a thread about wade deserving at least 1 MVP. Lol what did you expect? Seriously. Kobe and Shaq are the two guys who's names get thrown around for being robbed of an MVP. It was inevitable for one to be mentioned, namely Kobe because were talking about another sg, wade haha. If you thought Kobe wasn't going to get mentioned in a shoulda got more Mvps thread, especially one about wade, you haven't been on psd long.

giants73756
11-20-2013, 10:44 AM
This thread is absurd. And people wonder why a lot of people dislike Wade. Wade's fanboys are unbearable. He's had a good career, but he's never been the best player in a season. If you disagree, prove it.

ATX
11-20-2013, 12:04 PM
This thread is absurd. And people wonder why a lot of people dislike Wade. Wade's fanboys are unbearable. He's had a good career, but he's never been the best player in a season. If you disagree, prove it.

It is ONE Wade fan's opinion. What other Wade fan in this thread stated he deserved an MVP without question? Stop making false accusations as a way to spread to your hate for Wade. I thought it was fairly evident that most agree he's been in the MVP conversation a few times and that 09' was his best case, but that it's understandable as to why he doesn't have one. I will say however that he was certainly in the conversation for best player in 09' and his STATS as already stated prove that.

nickdymez
11-20-2013, 03:24 PM
MVP debates are funny because there is no criteria for the award....

phoenix_bladen
11-20-2013, 05:19 PM
MVPs usually go to the best player on the best teams.

From there the importance of the strength of the rosters matter.

derrick rose won it over lebron because rose was the best player but he had way ******* teammates vs lebron, wade and bosh at the time, despite their win loss records being similar (bulls had the better record i think ).

nickdymez
11-20-2013, 05:27 PM
MVPs usually go to the best player on the best teams.

From there the importance of the strength of the rosters matter.

derrick rose won it over lebron because rose was the best player but he had way ******* teammates vs lebron, wade and bosh at the time, despite their win loss records being similar (bulls had the better record i think ).

But even the whole best player on the best team is flawed. Best team record wise? record doesnt always mean best team. Im not going at you, just pointing that out

Vinylman
11-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Instigating...Derailing

Just sayin

Sorry you are not intelligent enough to understand my point... i typed it real slow for the Wade fans... i don't know what else i could have done

archdevil84
11-20-2013, 07:10 PM
Dwade should have won all the MVPs from the year he came into the league to this year and upcoming years because he's awesome!!

SportsFanatic10
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM

everything you said applies to kobe as well...

Vinylman
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Just sayin

childish or defensive? I could care less that kobe didn't win MVP's

As a Laker fan i only care about banners...

As a basketball fan I enjoy watching great players play at super high levels

Wade and Kobe are the best SG's in the last 15 years...

Dwayne Wade doesn't have to have an MVP trophy for me to acknowledge his contributions to the league... thats something insecure Heat fans need.

unlike most nitwits on PSD i can appreciate a great player on a team I can't stand...

ATX
11-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Sorry you are not intelligent enough to understand my point... i typed it real slow for the Wade fans... i don't know what else i could have done

What in the world are you talking about? You tried derailing the thread by first putting words in other posters mouths about Kobe not winning a MVP in 06. YOU brought that up when NO ONE else was talking about that. You just had to inject Kobe in the conversation and bait Heat fans while doing it...As per your M.O. Then I point out that you were instigating and derailing the thread. Now you get defensive and attack with me with this "Typing it slow" nonsense....Exactly, nonsense is what it is. Are you just trying to be incoherent on purpose? If not, I just don't get it, and thats as nice as I can put this.

Vinylman
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
What in the world are you talking about? You tried derailing the thread by first putting words in other posters mouths about Kobe not winning a MVP in 06. YOU brought that up when NO ONE else was talking about that. You just had to inject Kobe in the conversation and bait Heat fans while doing it...As per your M.O. Then I point out that you were instigating and derailing the thread. Now you get defensive and attack with me with this "Typing it slow" nonsense....Exactly, nonsense is what it is. Are you just trying to be incoherent on purpose? If not, I just don't get it, and thats as nice as I can put this.

really? no one mentioned kobe at all before i brought up the irony?

Again, you seem to be a little slow so you might want to read the post right before mine...

If you still don't understand after that i don't know what to tell you

Again, i can post s l o w e r if you need.

Also, the Heat fans were the ones discrediting former MVP winners... maybe you missed the comments on Rose on the first page...

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
everything you said applies to kobe as well...
Kobe>>>>>>Wade

RLundi
11-20-2013, 09:06 PM

Again, you seem to be a little slow so you might want to read the post right before mine...

Also, the Heat fans were the ones discrediting former MVP winners... maybe you missed the comments on Rose on the first page...

God you're annoying.

Vinylman
11-20-2013, 09:13 PM
God you're annoying.

thanks...

and as usual you have nothing to add to the subject matter

Supreme LA
11-20-2013, 09:22 PM
God you're annoying.

Pot meet kettle.

ATX
11-20-2013, 09:48 PM

What does that have to do with injecting Kobe into the conversation? ...There is no need to continue to attack my reading comprehension. I am perfectly competent, thank you. The simple fact here is that you attempted to derail the thread, were called on it and now you just resort to attacking my intellect, which well...Just makes you look like the "Slow one". I was and am doing nothing wrong by defending my point that you are simply just an instigator and hater. Feel free to continue attacking me, but it doesn't do anything but add to the degradation of this site.

ATX
11-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Kobe>>>>>>Wade

Classic, thank you for your ongoing great insight.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-20-2013, 10:08 PM
If one of the greatest players of all time wasn't beginning his prime and got a team with a bunch of nobodies to over 60 wins, he would've/should have won in 09.

SportsFanatic10
11-20-2013, 10:13 PM
Kobe>>>>>>Wade

career wise only because of health, wade was the better player at their peaks and that's without a meniscus in his left knee his whole career lol.

SportsFanatic10
11-20-2013, 10:14 PM
If one of the greatest players of all time wasn't beginning his prime and got a team with a bunch of nobodies to over 60 wins, he would've/should have won in 09.

yep exactly this, wade has had a mvp caliber season to be sure, but he didn't get robbed. lebron just owns that award is all.

ATX
11-20-2013, 10:29 PM

yep exactly this, wade has had a mvp caliber season to be sure, but he didn't get robbed. lebron just owns that award is all.

Couldn't agree more and that has been the consensus throughout the thread, despite what the derailers keep attempting.

Supreme LA
11-21-2013, 12:55 AM
career wise only because of health, wade was the better player at their peaks and that's without a meniscus in his left knee his whole career lol.

Really? Kobe has been playing with 4 fingers on his shooting hand for the past 5 years. Your point? Again, Heat fans...smh. Way to go on making excuses for Wade though.

Supreme LA
11-21-2013, 12:57 AM
Couldn't agree more and that has been the consensus throughout the thread, despite what the derailers keep attempting.

No that hasn't been the consensus. This thread is basically Wade fanboys versus Kobe fans. Same old story in which nobody convinces anybody else and Kobe remains the better player and it really isn't even a debate.

mngopher35
11-21-2013, 01:24 AM
No that hasn't been the consensus. This thread is basically Wade fanboys versus Kobe fans. Same old story in which nobody convinces anybody else and Kobe remains the better player and it really isn't even a debate.

I am not saying it doesn't go both ways but laker/kobe fans definitely derailed this thread. Go back to the first page and you will see that ATX is right, most people agreed that he has played mvp caliber but shouldn't have won the award any year.

Vinylman, P&G realist, sammyvine, and then you came in to try and turn it into the fanboys vs fanboys thing. Yes the thread might have been created by a fanboy of wade (based on his username) and a couple might have chimed in but majority were saying exactly what ATX agreed with. You guys just decided to try and completely derail the thread.

On topic I agree with the theme here that Wade has had mvp caliber seasons but just not in the right years. He hasn't been robbed of an mvp in any year.

P&GRealist
11-21-2013, 02:39 AM

No, as a player, Kobe Bryant is more talented and skillful than D-Wade. Way more fundamentally sound. Kobe has been the better all around scorer and despite Wade being the better weak side shot blocker, Kobe has been the better all around defender. Kobe at his best would you shut you down, Wade from what I've seen never really had that ability nor has he shown that in his 10 years. Kobe's jumpshot, the form and follow through, it seems either keeps getting better or remains consistently really good while Wade's shot keep looking like crap.

In terms of entertainment, it's been Kobe all the way. Wade is the guy who'll entertain you on the fast break, but Kobe is the guy who will entertain you in the half court, dunk over guys, in your face, challenge shot blockers, end game moments.

So Kobe is more skillful, all-around better and has been more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. There's not much that Wade has an advantage over Kobe to be honest.

P&GRealist
11-21-2013, 02:40 AM
I am not saying it doesn't go both ways but laker/kobe fans definitely derailed this thread. Go back to the first page and you will see that ATX is right, most people agreed that he has played mvp caliber but shouldn't have won the award any year.

Vinylman, P&G realist, sammyvine, and then you came in to try and turn it into the fanboys vs fanboys thing. Yes the thread might have been created by a fanboy of wade (based on his username) and a couple might have chimed in but majority were saying exactly what ATX agreed with. You guys just decided to try and completely derail the thread.

On topic I agree with the theme here that Wade has had mvp caliber seasons but just not in the right years. He hasn't been robbed of an mvp in any year.

Apologies for the derailment.

SportsFanatic10
11-21-2013, 05:01 AM
No, as a player, Kobe Bryant is more talented and skillful than D-Wade. Way more fundamentally sound. Kobe has been the better all around scorer and despite Wade being the better weak side shot blocker, Kobe has been the better all around defender. Kobe at his best would you shut you down, Wade from what I've seen never really had that ability nor has he shown that in his 10 years. Kobe's jumpshot, the form and follow through, it seems either keeps getting better or remains consistently really good while Wade's shot keep looking like crap.

In terms of entertainment, it's been Kobe all the way. Wade is the guy who'll entertain you on the fast break, but Kobe is the guy who will entertain you in the half court, dunk over guys, in your face, challenge shot blockers, end game moments.

So Kobe is more skillful, all-around better and has been more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. There's not much that Wade has an advantage over Kobe to be honest.

that's all opinion based and quite frankly mostly a pile of ****. sorry but the stats don't support your nonsense.

SportsFanatic10
11-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Really? Kobe has been playing with 4 fingers on his shooting hand for the past 5 years. Your point? Again, Heat fans...smh. Way to go on making excuses for Wade though.

lol, and you really make lakers fans look smart by comparing an injured finger for a few years(post prime when responding to a post of mine about prime) to a knee that's been rubbing bone on bone for every single game of a players career smh. no meniscus isn't an excuse its pretty damn serious, just ask brandon roy. especially on his left leg since it's his explosion leg for leaping and planting on quick first steps. the fact that wade has done what he's done on it, without anyone even knowing until now speaks volumes.

Vinylman
11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
What does that have to do with injecting Kobe into the conversation? ...There is no need to continue to attack my reading comprehension. I am perfectly competent, thank you. The simple fact here is that you attempted to derail the thread, were called on it and now you just resort to attacking my intellect, which well...Just makes you look like the "Slow one". I was and am doing nothing wrong by defending my point that you are simply just an instigator and hater. Feel free to continue attacking me, but it doesn't do anything but add to the degradation of this site.

the expected response... you keep saying I brought kobe up... why won't you address that? oh yeah... you were wrong so now you try to change the subject...

again... if you need help reading the thread just let me know ... I can find someone to assist you...

MygirlhatesCod
11-21-2013, 09:36 AM
the only award he rates would be the best flopper. if your go to move is to run into a crowd then MVP should not be considered. and i really dont know what year he would out shine who won the MVP. cant come close in the last 5 years and the only kinda close one was nash's second. but even then nash was a double double beast and led his team to a better record than wades stacked heat team.

RLundi
11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Pot meet kettle.

Shut up clown.

RLundi
11-21-2013, 09:44 AM
thanks...

and as usual you have nothing to add to the subject matter

That's fine. Just needed to vent. Thanks for listening :)

Heatcheck
11-21-2013, 09:53 AM

Yea yea, and no cartilidge in his knee either right? even though any doctor will tell you can barely walk without it, let alone play basketball, I call ******** on all that nonsense. bottom line is Kobe has had more longevity and wade was better in his prime. numbers and the tape don't lie

ATX
11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
the expected response... you keep saying I brought kobe up... why won't you address that? oh yeah... you were wrong so now you try to change the subject...

again... if you need help reading the thread just let me know ... I can find someone to assist you...

To waste even more of my time with this childish banter...

13 posts went by with no mention of Kobe, and then ManRam made a comment that this thread topic usually is about Kobe and whether or not he deserved more MVP's, but not dissing Kobe or instigating or derailing, and not even about Kobe. He just used it as a way to help make his point. Here is the quote below.

Then YOU go and start instigating and flaming Heat fans who had said nor done anything to derail the thread. That's all on you guy. This is typically not adult behavior and I'll leave it at that. I simply said you were derailing and then you just can't help but insult me further and further with nonsensical statements about nothing just to appease yourself I guess. Just couldn't help yourself from bashing Heat fans for NO REASON and that is why I mentioned you were derailing. God, you're are right up there with Illusionist and Amos1er.

Agar81
11-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Wade deserved it in '08-'09.

Vinylman
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
To waste even more of my time with this childish banter...

13 posts went by with no mention of Kobe, and then ManRam made a comment that this thread topic usually is about Kobe and whether or not he deserved more MVP's, but not dissing Kobe or instigating or derailing, and not even about Kobe. He just used it as a way to help make his point. Here is the quote below.

Then YOU go and start instigating and flaming Heat fans who had said nor done anything to derail the thread. That's all on you guy. This is typically not adult behavior and I'll leave it at that. I simply said you were derailing and then you just can't help but insult me further and further with nonsensical statements about nothing just to appease yourself I guess. Just couldn't help yourself from bashing Heat fans for NO REASON and that is why I mentioned you were derailing. God, you're are right up there with Illusionist and Amos1er.

derailing... flaming... not adult behavior lmfao

you sir have gotten your panties in a bunch and can't seem to step back from the screen and see the post for what it was... a commentary on homers

Every time stupid laker fans bring up that kobe was robbed in those two years I mentioned the exact same Wade fans have chimmed in that he was robbed. That is why it is ironic

While you might not like my opinion... it is absolutely spot on when it comes to wade/kobe homers...

As for my opinion on Wade I laid it out succinctly in the thread

You need to get over yourself. it is a discussion... And the Rose comments are relevant because they used it as a comparison...

Once again, I am sorry you don't have the ability to be rational on the topic rather than emotional.

RLundi
11-21-2013, 11:01 AM
God, you're are right up there with Illusionist and Amos1er.

He's actually worse because he doesn't know he's a troll.

Vinylman
11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
He's actually worse because he doesn't know he's a troll.

Thanks...

Again, you have nothing to contribute to the subject matter

RLundi
11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks...

Again, you have nothing to contribute to the subject matter

I could say the same about you. I give you kudos for your attempts to sound marginally intelligent and contribute anything even remotely relevant to the discussion but it just comes across as you spewing driveling nonsense.

So evidently, we're in the same boat. Bunk mates!

nickdymez
11-21-2013, 02:14 PM
I could say the same about you. I give you kudos for your attempts to sound marginally intelligent and contribute anything even remotely relevant to the discussion but it just comes across as you spewing driveling nonsense.

So evidently, we're in the same boat. Bunk mates!

Settle down shipmate...

Sactown
11-21-2013, 02:34 PM
The MVP award has always been a combo of great individual play with great team success.. a player with marginally better individual success but a large gap in team success will never win the award... With this knowledge being publicly known I don't know how the argument of Wade and Kobe being "robbed" continually emerges when it is so far from the truth

Heatcheck
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM

1)In terms of entertainment, it's been Kobe all the way. Wade is the guy who'll entertain you on the fast break, but Kobe is the guy who will entertain you in the half court, dunk over guys, in your face, challenge shot blockers, end game moments.

2) Kobe is more skillful, all-around better and has been more aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. There's not much that Wade has an advantage over Kobe to be honest.

1) having a differing opinion is one thing
having no clue about what your talking about is completely different.
its all on tape.

2)except that their numbers are pretty much identical across the board, and wade has a better fg%

nickdymez
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM
1) having a differing opinion is one thing
having no clue about what your talking about is completely different.
its all on tape.

2)except that their numbers are pretty much identical across the board, and wade has a better fg%

Appearently you dont watch Laker games, and he doesnt watch Heat games.

Heatcheck
11-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Appearently you dont watch Laker games, and he doesnt watch Heat games.

I cant remember saying kobe has never posterized players or challenged shot blockers.

I just find it ridiculous to say Wade only entertains on the fast break. something I assume he's saying because its been a staple of the heat since LeBron got here.

nickdymez
11-21-2013, 05:02 PM
I cant remember saying kobe has never posterized players or challenged shot blockers.

I just find it ridiculous to say Wade only entertains on the fast break. something I assume he's saying because its been a staple of the heat since LeBron got here.

I agree with you. Wade is still very entertaining outside of fastbreaks. But there is no way to gauge how entertaining a player is. Its all based on personal opinion.

Heatcheck
11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I agree with you. Wade is still very entertaining outside of fastbreaks. But there is no way to gauge how entertaining a player is. Its all based on personal opinion.

I agree to a certain extent, but the idea that either one never took (I say took because those days are over) on shot blockers and dunked in their face, or had game ending plays, is not up for debate because as I said, its all on tape.

beliges
11-22-2013, 02:05 AM

Yea yea, and no cartilidge in his knee either right? even though any doctor will tell you can barely walk without it, let alone play basketball, I call ******** on all that nonsense. bottom line is Kobe has had more longevity and wade was better in his prime. numbers and the tape don't lie

Cmon bro enough. Be objective. Kobe in his prime was dropping 50 at will while shutting down the oppositions best perimeter player. No matter how you wanna look.at it, wade is no kobe. Not in his prime and not ever.

Supreme LA
11-22-2013, 02:18 AM
If I played against you and beat your *** one on one everytime you would have to admit I was better than you. Wade practically screams for help when Kobe has him on the block. Kobe historically has repeatedly owned Wade in head to head matchupso so all this nonsense about Wade being anywhere near Kobe as a player can stop now.

Everyone knows you gotta win to get the MVP. For that reason alone I don't see why this is even being debated. I mean, seriously, you play to win the game.

You don't see any laker fans starting threads about Kobe being robbed in 2006-2007 where he had a historical season and led a weaker team further.

BKLYNpigeon
11-22-2013, 02:24 AM
We will all forget about who Dwayne Wade was in 15 years. he will be known more as one of Lebrons teammates, then whatever he accomplished.

Supreme LA
11-22-2013, 02:48 AM

Barely can walk??? A torn or worn down meniscus is not that serious so it's obvious you know nothing. The bottom line is that one of your fellow Wade fanboys was the first to start making excuses for Wade and it's funny that you feel the need to do the same.

This is just another reason why Wade doesn't belong in a conversation with Kobe. While Wade is crying about injuries and flopping all over the court, Kobe continues to prove his toughness year in and year out going 17 seasons strong. Even with a torn Achilles you don't see Laker fans or Kobe himself making excuses.

/thread.

P&GRealist
11-22-2013, 03:17 AM
We will all forget about who Dwayne Wade was in 15 years. he will be known more as one of Lebrons teammates, then whatever he accomplished.

People will remember his ridiculous amount of free throw attempts in the 06 finals. 50% of the basketball fan population will claim the greatest finals performance ever, while the other 50% will label it as a farce. Either way, as you said, 15 yrs down the line, all he'll be regarded as is a role player part of LeBron's dynasty.

Heatcheck
11-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Barely can walk??? A torn or worn down meniscus is not that serious so it's obvious you know nothing. The bottom line is that one of your fellow Wade fanboys was the first to start making excuses for Wade and it's funny that you feel the need to do the same.

This is just another reason why Wade doesn't belong in a conversation with Kobe. While Wade is crying about injuries and flopping all over the court, Kobe continues to prove his toughness year in and year out going 17 seasons strong. Even with a torn Achilles you don't see Laker fans or Kobe himself making excuses.

/thread.

1)you apparently don't understand the concept of the word "ALL" all refers to everything, wades inury, kobes "all" of it. Ive been hearing about how kobe has no cartilidge in one of his knees for years now, I wonder how that got out?
2)you sound like a child telling me he did it first and then later stating I don't see laker fans making excuses, when its exactly what I was responding to.
3)shame on you for being a grown man who uses the term "fanboy"
4)for you to say wade flops all over the court as a criticism, as if kobes favorite move for years wasn't pump faking, jumping into the defender, and then turning and screaming at the ref for a foul, is ignorant at best.

but hey, you wrote /thread so I guess its over

BKLYNpigeon
11-22-2013, 11:24 AM
People will remember his ridiculous amount of free throw attempts in the 06 finals. 50% of the basketball fan population will claim the greatest finals performance ever, while the other 50% will label it as a farce. Either way, as you said, 15 yrs down the line, all he'll be regarded as is a role player part of LeBron's dynasty.

HAHAHAAH 100% Agree

SportsFanatic10
11-22-2013, 03:02 PM

smh what ignorance...guys a hall of famer who's going to go down as a top 20 player of all time and 3rd best sg with maybe the best finals performance ever. ya he won't be remembered :rolleyes: hahaha.

FreakaNashur
11-23-2013, 02:19 AM

i don't know about that. Wade has 1 more ring than LeBron.

Heatcheck
11-24-2013, 12:05 AM
If I played against you and beat your *** one on one everytime you would have to admit I was better than you. Wade practically screams for help when Kobe has him on the block. Kobe historically has repeatedly owned Wade in head to head matchupso so all this nonsense about Wade being anywhere near Kobe as a player can stop now.

Everyone knows you gotta win to get the MVP. For that reason alone I don't see why this is even being debated. I mean, seriously, you play to win the game.

You don't see any laker fans starting threads about Kobe being robbed in 2006-2007 where he had a historical season and led a weaker team further.

just read this nonsense. how is this so? because you said so? because the numbers damn sure don't say so. ESPECIALLY in the win column.

naps
11-24-2013, 12:18 AM
Why does Kobe has to be in every goddam LeBron and Wade thread? Most insecure clan in sports: kobephiles.

Lakers + Giants
11-24-2013, 01:28 AM
Why does Kobe has to be in every goddam LeBron and Wade thread? Most insecure clan in sports: kobephiles.
Why do you have to show up every time "kobe" is typed. Most insecure fan on psd.

Supreme LA
11-24-2013, 01:33 AM

Wasn't it a Kobe hater/Wade fanboy who brought up Kobe first?

Supreme LA
11-24-2013, 01:34 AM
just read this nonsense. how is this so? because you said so? because the numbers damn sure don't say so. ESPECIALLY in the win column.

Nonsense? Why? Maybe you're just in denial about how bad Kobe abuses Wade in head to head matchups.

numba1CHANGsta
11-24-2013, 01:50 AM
If Kobe has 1 MVP, then Wade deserves 0

ATX
11-24-2013, 10:31 AM

I couldn't agree more. Where does he get that nonsense? Because he said so? Hahaha. I'm by no means saying that Wade is better, just pointing out how Wade stacks up to Kobe in head to head match ups, since "Some" Kobe fans seem to live in a world of pure delusion.

Wade is 10-8 against Kobe and the stats are:

Wade: 25 points / 7 assists / 2.1 steals / 1.1 blocks
Kobe: 28 points / 5 assists / 1.3 steals / 0.4 blocks

Heatcheck
11-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Nonsense? Why? Maybe you're just in denial about how bad Kobe abuses Wade in head to head matchups.

abuses him so bad he has a losing record against him