PDA

View Full Version : What could have been... OKC Thunder

jstone0716
11-17-2013, 10:20 AM
How good would these guys have been for the next few years if they were able to retain Harden? 2 years removed.. Harden is a top 10 player.. arguably top 5.. and Ibaka is looking like he's top 15 ( and no I'm not saying that because of his past 2 games.. he was due for a breakout season ). Unbelievable the kind of scouting and player development this franchise has shown for the past 5 years.

ThaDubs
11-17-2013, 10:23 AM
How good would these guys have been for the next few years if they were able to retain Harden? 2 years removed.. Harden is a top 10 player.. arguably top 5.. and Ibaka is looking like he's top 15 ( and no I'm not saying that because of his past 2 games.. he was due for a breakout season ). Unbelievable the kind of scouting and player development this franchise has shown for the past 5 years.

Ibaka top 15... wut

waveycrockett
11-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams are going to be legit. And I think those 2 down the road will fit in better with WB, Ibaka and KD than Harden would. You can't have 3 guys who want to put up 20 shots a game and have an effective team.

MrfadeawayJB
11-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Why is the same thread created every month or so?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-17-2013, 12:17 PM
What if Shaq wouldnt have left the Lakers`?

Dade County
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
The CBA did it's job, OKC would have had a super team for about 4 to 7yrs; this would have created an unfair competitive advantage. lol

But I wish the owners didn't demand these changes to the cap and player movement... They did all of this out of fear, and the team that it hurt the most was a small market team.

king4day
11-17-2013, 12:41 PM
How about if they could have also retained green

Avenged
11-17-2013, 12:42 PM
Obviously a potential dynasty..

But Ibaka already top 15? Ouch..

waveycrockett
11-17-2013, 12:43 PM
What if Shaq wouldnt have left the Lakers`?

Kobe's body would have been dumped off the freeway

waveycrockett
11-17-2013, 12:44 PM
How about if they could have also retained green

Yea this is obviously a much worse trade than the Harden trade and nobody brings it up.

DillyDill
11-17-2013, 12:47 PM
The CBA did it's job, OKC would have had a super team for about 4 to 7yrs; this would have created an unfair competitive advantage. lol

But I wish the owners didn't demand these changes to the cap and player movement... They did all of this out of fear, and the team that it hurt the most was a small market team.

As much as we can blame the CBA it really wasn't. OKC could have picked between Ibaka or harden before handing Ibaka his deal.

FlashBolt
11-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Ibaka top 15... Yup, next thread!

LAKobeBryant
11-17-2013, 01:20 PM
how about if players don't age :oldguy:

bholly
11-17-2013, 01:34 PM

lol, what?
Absolutely nothing about it was 'unfair'. They followed the exact same rules as everyone else and just managed to put a great team together. Where was their unfair advantage?
Also what part of preventing that is the CBA doing its job? The point of the CBA was to reduce individual and total salary levels to save the owners money, to make it too expensive for the big-money teams to just go out and buy guys and almost ignore the cap, and to a lesser extent they threw some stuff in there to make it easier for teams to retain their own players. If you think the intention of the CBA was to stop small market teams from being able to retain players they drafted then you didn't understand anything that happened in the lockout.

Hustla23
11-17-2013, 05:12 PM
That's what happens when you become greedy and cheap. There was literally no reason to trade Harden. If you bring up the "money" issue, they could have easily amnestied Perkins and his 11 million or whatever crazy amount he is owed.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if both Westy and Durant left and left them in shambles.

statquo
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
What if the Monstarrs stole MJ's powers instead of Mugsy's.....?

jerellh528
11-17-2013, 05:16 PM
If jay Williams never got into a motorcycle accident would he be the greatest bull ever?

PurpleLynch
11-17-2013, 05:35 PM
What if the Monstarrs stole MJ's powers instead of Mugsy's.....?

Oh my goodness,I don't want to think it in that way.

KnicksorBust
11-17-2013, 08:14 PM
I bashed OKC for trading Harden. There was no reason to break it up a year early.

P&GRealist
11-17-2013, 08:36 PM
This is the year for OKC to win a title. If they don't, stick a fork in them. Because 2014-2015 will be tumultuous and 1 of Durant or Westbrook will get traded.

My prediction. Westbrooks ends up a Laker with K-Love and Durant joins Harden and Howard with Houston.

But it's okay, maybe OKC will still be able to re-sign Kendrick Perkins to the max.

bholly
11-17-2013, 08:42 PM
This is the year for OKC to win a title. If they don't, stick a fork in them. Because 2014-2015 will be tumultuous and 1 of Durant or Westbrook will get traded.

My prediction. Westbrooks ends up a Laker with K-Love and Durant joins Harden and Howard with Houston.

But it's okay, maybe OKC will still be able to re-sign Kendrick Perkins to the max.

Really going out on a limb of originality with that one.

DillyDill
11-17-2013, 09:13 PM

Why 2015 I thought OKC locked them up

4milesperday
11-17-2013, 09:17 PM

Unfortunately, there's only 1 ball. Ibaka and Harden will have to settle for less shots which often result in less efficiency...You have the mindset of the Knicks GM, too many scorers don't win games, everyone needs a speciality. Harden does not fit in OKC, he needs high volumes of shots to be effective.

*Superman*
11-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Jeff Green, Ibaka.

:drool:

EL_MACHETE
11-18-2013, 01:09 AM
I hated the Perkins trade still to today.. Hopefully once his contract is up we stay far away from him as possible

EL_MACHETE
11-18-2013, 01:11 AM

HELL NO! **** Perkins. He messed this whole team up. We should have never traded for him

shep33
11-18-2013, 01:12 AM
With Harden, I think they would've been favorites to win this year over Miami.

RiceOnTheRun
11-18-2013, 01:21 AM
As much as we can blame the CBA it really wasn't. OKC could have picked between Ibaka or harden before handing Ibaka his deal.

eh. Getting rid of Perkins and his 8-9m salary, then keeping both Ibaka/Harden would've been ideal.

RiceOnTheRun
11-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Between the first four, who gets the ball?

DillyDill
11-18-2013, 01:29 AM
Between the first four, who gets the ball?

Team sharing...the more offensive options you have the tougher pressure u put on the D...how could any1 possibly gameplan for them with sooooooo much firepower

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 07:30 PM

That's just lame. You can't pay that roster. Green had to go.

NoahH
11-18-2013, 07:36 PM
PG Westbrook
SG Harden
SF Jeff Green
PF Durant
C Ibaka

Kushed
11-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Ibaka top 15?? stopped reading right there

more proof he's one of the most overrated players in the NBA

KnicksorBust
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
PG Westbrook
SG Harden
SF Jeff Green
PF Durant
C Ibaka

Echo.

Riodagoat
11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Now only if Shaq, Zo, Haslem, Eddie Jones, JWIll and GP all DID NOT age and are still with the Heat right now on top of their current lineup....

TheMightyHumph
11-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Just about every team has between 2 to 12 ' what could have been' scenarios.

No reason Thunder should be any different.

Baller1
11-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Presti built a bonafide dynasty and then ruined it quicker than he built it. Pathetic handling of the roster by the franchise.

*Superman*
11-19-2013, 12:43 AM

It's a what if thread isn't it?

Let's not forget at one point in time, that team was assembled. Had Harden started and not came off the bench it was an option.

Kyben36
11-19-2013, 01:11 AM
also, what if they hadnt traded Jeff Green for Perkins, i understnad the trade looked really good then, but he is another one of the give aways they have had.

Westbrook
Hardin
Durrant
Green
???????

is a pretty serious lineup

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Yeah... three top-ten players on their roster: Durant, Harden, Westbrook? I keeping Harden and trading Westy for a pass-first PG would have been better.... CP3 would have been ideal, but Rondo... whew!

2-ONE-5
11-19-2013, 11:25 AM
is it nessecary to have a thread like this every other week? Harden would not be the 25+ PPG scorer he is now had he stayed

Dade County
11-19-2013, 01:09 PM
lol, what?
Absolutely nothing about it was 'unfair'. They followed the exact same rules as everyone else and just managed to put a great team together. Where was their unfair advantage?
Also what part of preventing that is the CBA doing its job? The point of the CBA was to reduce individual and total salary levels to save the owners money, to make it too expensive for the big-money teams to just go out and buy guys and almost ignore the cap, and to a lesser extent they threw some stuff in there to make it easier for teams to retain their own players. If you think the intention of the CBA was to stop small market teams from being able to retain players they drafted then you didn't understand anything that happened in the lockout.

?...what? (I just seen your post)

1st... I was just joking about the CBA & OKC... Thats why there is a LOL at the end.

2nd... OKC did not want 3 max's (near max anyway) players on there team. They did not want to even get near the repeater tax penalties. If the new CBA didn't have that, I believe that Harden still would have been on the team.

So in short, the new CBA did affect OKC in a away.

goose14741
11-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Could have been? Try this on for size
Westbrook
Harden
Durant
Jeff Green
Ibaka

That teem would own the heat in 7 game series

goose14741
11-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Alrede been said haha