PDA

View Full Version : Best passing team in the league?

WARRIORS@GR
11-17-2013, 07:38 AM
Warriors and Spurs come to mind.

Warriors have 4 elite passers in the starting 5,you won't see that very often.
Spurs have the best ball movement imo,and Manu,Duncan,Diaw are very smart passers.

sunsfan88
11-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Please, tell us who are the 4 "elite" passers on the Warriors team?

And you realize that words like "Elite" are generally reserved for guys like Nash, Kidd etc?

But please go on.

Furymaker
11-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Bulls one of the best if not the best

torocan
11-17-2013, 09:03 AM
The answer is Spurs, Spurs and Spurs.

They're a great passing team from 1 to 15. It doesn't matter if the starters or bench are in, if it's the 1st, 2nd or 3rd string players. The ball movement puts every other team to shame.

ThaDubs
11-17-2013, 09:10 AM

And you realize that words like "Elite" are generally reserved for guys like Nash, Kidd etc?

But please go on.

Curry, Iguodala, Lee, Bogut- all elite passers for there position.

Clippersfan86
11-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Clippers up there this year in new system. They've lead in assists all year long, outstanding ball movement and extra passes. Yes I'm aware assists aren't the end all stat to passing.

THE MTL
11-17-2013, 11:39 AM

But please go on.

I agree with lee and iggy, but Curry is not an elite passer for the pg position! And neither is bogut.

THE MTL
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Clippers up there this year in new system. They've lead in assists all year long, outstanding ball movement and extra passes. Yes I'm aware assists aren't the end all stat to passing.

Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are the best passers at their positions and they have the stats to prove it too

shep33
11-17-2013, 11:42 AM
In my mind, without question its the Spurs or Heat.

Miami is a very unselfish team, their ball movement is actually pretty amazing

WARRIORS@GR
11-17-2013, 11:49 AM

But please go on.
Curry,Iggy,Lee,Bogut.

Curry might not be Cp3 or Rondo,but I doubt you can find 5 better PG's at passing.
Iggy needs no explanation.
Lee is a top 3 PF at passing
Bogut is right behind Gasol and Noah.

Is that enough for you?

Minimal
11-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Curry,Iggy,Lee,Bogut.

Curry might not be Cp3 or Rondo,but I doubt you can find 5 better PG's at passing.

Is that enough for you?
Well Rubio is better than Curry at passing and his Timberwolves are actually ranked nr 1 in assists this season.
But if we take assists per game its a basically a wash between Wolves (Rubio), Clippers (Paul), Hawks (Teague) and Heat (James). So these are 4 best passing teams this season.

Tmath
11-17-2013, 12:14 PM
In no order

G-State
Spurs
Heat
Bulls

The worst: Raptors

Minimal
11-17-2013, 12:15 PM
The worst are Kings and Pistons which is pretty explainable

MonroeFAN
11-17-2013, 12:33 PM
^are you stupid? were top 10 in the league currently.

Fnom11
11-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Heat or Spurs for me. Warriors ball movement isn't on their level imo.

Goose17
11-17-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree with lee and iggy, but Curry is not an elite passer for the pg position! And neither is bogut.

Curry's play making ability is very underrated. Easily top ten for point guards and that's being conservative.

Bogut is easily top 5 in his position for passing.

Minimal
11-17-2013, 01:10 PM
^are you stupid? were top 10 in the league currently.
Top 10 in what? Assists? No you're not.

I misslooked some stats, so here is the APG for the teams this season:
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/miscellaneous-per-game/sort/avgAssists

Pretty much shows that Clippers, Hawks, Heat, Warriors and Wolves are top 5 passing teams this year.

And if we look at A/TO ratio the Hawks are clear down winners.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/miscellaneous-per-game/sort/assistTurnoverRatio

On the other hand if we consider the pace of the teams, Heat are ranked 19th in the league, while Clippers, Hawks, Warriors and Wolves are all in top 10 in pace this season.

So my final answer would be Hawks & Heat are the best at passing this season.

goldenstater
11-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Well Rubio is better than Curry at passing and his Timberwolves are actually ranked nr 1 in assists this season.
But if we take assists per game its a basically a wash between Wolves (Rubio), Clippers (Paul), Hawks (Teague) and Heat (James). So these are 4 best passing teams this season.

the wolves are ranked 5th also the warriors are 4th in assists. 25 assists a game they ave. so far.

Kyben36
11-17-2013, 01:16 PM
bulls are at least top 5

Rose is a good passer
Jimmy isnt great
Deng is a very under rated passer
Boozer is above average
Noah is arguably the best passing big in the game ( - maybe Love)
Hinrich off the bench
Dunleavy is under rated for his passing

outside of butler who is still developing, every player on our team openly moves the ball.

tredigs
11-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Heat and Spurs. Bulls and Clippers are solid, and the Warriors is the best I've ever seen it in GS. Though it falls apart on the bench. The only playmakers clearly better than Curry right now are Rubio and CP3. The #'s should begin to reflect that now that he has PG duties to himself for the first time in his career.

But for this question, I'll stick with Heat and Spurs. Everybody knows their role to a t and that extends pretty well to their bench. Much better than it does for the Clips and GS, for sure.

b@llhog24
11-17-2013, 01:32 PM

But please go on.

Bogut is an elite passer. Did you ever watch him in Milwaukee?

b@llhog24
11-17-2013, 01:32 PM

But please go on.
Curry,Iggy,Lee,Bogut.

Is that enough for you?

Curry ain't top 5.

tredigs
11-17-2013, 01:49 PM
Curry ain't top 5.

He gets too tricky for his own good and it costs him unnecessary turnovers once or twice a game, but very few players in the league have his array of passes and playmaking ability. The 8.8 apg in just 32 mpg isn't a fluke, he'll be 8+ all year with a 2.5:1 assist:TO. A lot may not realize it yet, but I have little doubt that he'll be considered a top 5 or so playmaker by years end. He's in that 4-6 group.

Blancone
11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Bulls. So many unselfish players that know how to play team ball. Even our center is a superb passer.

IversonIsKrazy
11-17-2013, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't say Warriors is ELITE, but very good. Spurs is so far ahead of anyone else tho. It's like watching the Spanish mid-fielding of soccer. Spurs passing ability is just incredible

jerellh528
11-17-2013, 04:25 PM
The lakers, not by choice but because nobody wants to take a damn shot. Ppg leader is Meeks at just over 13. Offense is spreeaaad around, too much so for my liking. Just kidding, in reality it's easily the spurs.

FlashBolt
11-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Spurs. Every time each player touches a ball, there is a purpose. They don't just move the ball because they have to. Even after all these years, they are still winning because of Pop.. Amazing. I'd love to see any other coach - Phil included, coach Spurs for a season. I doubt they'll be a top 10 team.

torocan
11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
While some teams can have very good passing games, I think the Spurs still have to be on top for 2 reasons.

Their good passing extends seamlessly through every man on their roster.
Their good passing isn't a one or two season display. Every year their passing is great.

I'm sure there are line ups or specific years where one team or another can look as good, but in terms of team DNA, nobody even comes close to the Spurs.

QueensG_718
11-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Spurs. So fluid with it I sometimes call them the sperms.

jerellh528
11-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Spurs are the epitome of a great passing team. If you're a coach at high school or college level, you would show tape of the spurs to your team if you wanted to show them ideal ball movement.

PurpleLynch
11-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Absolutely Spurs.

ThaDubs
11-17-2013, 05:34 PM

Curry is 5th right now for assists per game and he's only playing about 30 mpg. Bogut is the best passing 5 along with Gasol and Noah right now, you should watch some of the beautiful passes he makes during games, even the ones that don't get marked down as assists. David is having an off year in terms of passing but once he gets it going I guarantee that his assists per game will be >3.

ThaDubs
11-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Heat or Spurs for me. Warriors ball movement isn't on their level imo.

Watch a Warriors game.