PDA

View Full Version : Predict the Top 3 Teams In The East Record Wise By Seaons End?

RocketLoc80
11-16-2013, 09:25 PM
,Heat and Bulls all should be fighting for the top 3 seeds and all. So who does everybody think will finish where at season`s end>? Does everybody see the Bulls catching the Pacers for the 1 seed or do the Heat go on another long streak to grab the top seed? Everybody predict?

bholly
11-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Current order - Indy, Miami, Chicago - seems about right. At this point, the only really serious contender to break into that group is Brooklyn, and they haven't really shown that they're even close so far.

ThaDubs
11-16-2013, 10:03 PM
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Heat
Bulls
Pacers

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 10:23 PM
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

lmao, this is the definition of flavor of the moment. Anyone that understand NBA history won't think the rankings will hold up after just 10 games. Pacers are not as deep as Chi and Miami, they're one player away from a losing streak

RocketLoc80
11-16-2013, 10:26 PM
Heat
Bulls
Pacers

How the hell does the Bulls past up the Pacers in the rankings?!

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 10:30 PM
How the hell does the Bulls past up the Pacers in the rankings?!

Maybe because they're a better team? By the time they get rolling, the Pacers will fall to 3rd in east pecking order.

RocketLoc80
11-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Maybe because they're a better team? By the time they get rolling, the Pacers will fall to 3rd in east pecking order.

Lol Bulls better? C`mon they don`t have no legit second or third option and the Pacers are a way deeper team and better all around players. So let me guess you got the Bulls winning it all huh

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Lol Bulls better? C`mon they don`t have no legit second or third option and the Pacers are a way deeper team and better all around players. So let me guess you got the Bulls winning it all huh

ok, wanna bet? you name it...at end of season Chi will have a better record than Pacers. I have Miami winning it all btw, but I dont think Indiana is either better or can they beat bulls in a 7 game play-offs

bholly
11-16-2013, 10:38 PM
lmao, this is the definition of flavor of the moment. Anyone that understand NBA history won't think the rankings will hold up after just 10 games. Pacers are not as deep as Chi and Miami, they're one player away from a losing streak

lol, he didn't even say it was based on current rankings, though? You think they can't finish that way just because they're that way now?
While it's absolutely true that the rankings after 10 games aren't guaranteed to stay the same, it's also true that they aren't guaranteed to change - NBA history has no bearing on how these three teams will finish this season, but the 3 game advantage Indy has absolutely does.
Also Indy are pretty damn deep, not sure what you're talking about there.

ThaDubs
11-16-2013, 10:42 PM
ok, wanna bet? you name it...at end of season Chi will have a better record than Pacers. I have Miami winning it all btw, but I dont think Indiana is either better or can they beat bulls in a 7 game play-offs

Obviously you are a delusional Bulls fan...

RocketLoc80
11-16-2013, 10:43 PM
lol, he didn't even say it was based on current rankings, though? You think they can't finish that way just because they're that way now?
While it's absolutely true that the rankings after 10 games aren't guaranteed to stay the same, it's also true that they aren't guaranteed to change - NBA history has no bearing on how these three teams will finish this season, but the 3 game advantage Indy has absolutely does.
Also Indy are pretty damn deep, not sure what you're talking about there.

Co-Sign this I really didn`t take him seriously when he said Indiana wasn`t deep lol. He probably doesn`t watch at all probably like that idiot Bruce Blitz

*Silver&Black*
11-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Heat
Pacers
Hawks

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Obviously you are a delusional Bulls fan...

Heat fan

bholly
11-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Well at least he was half right.

ThaDubs
11-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Heat fan

Then you are just scared because you know Pacers are beating you in the playoffs this year... lol

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Then you are just scared because you know Pacers are beating you in the playoffs this year... lol

ok...they won't last 6 games this year. Heat also got better btw...

Guppyfighter
11-17-2013, 01:39 AM
ok...they won't last 6 games this year. Heat also got better btw...

I can't imagine a world where someone thinks the Heat got better this year when it's clear they haven't.

Slug3
11-17-2013, 01:45 AM
I can't imagine a world where someone thinks the Heat got better this year when it's clear they haven't.

I don't think that's the point. The last 3 years it was Bulls beating us and didn't, Celtics beating us and didn't, Pacers beating us and didn't. Its always someone who doesn't beat us.

Gagan136
11-17-2013, 02:06 AM
I don't think that's the point. The last 3 years it was Bulls beating us and didn't, Celtics beating us and didn't, Pacers beating us and didn't. Its always someone who doesn't beat us.

No one wins forever. Trust me.

JerseyPalahniuk
11-17-2013, 02:08 AM

they also have one player (Granger) who still hasn't gotten back yet.

Sneaky
11-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

Clippersfan86
11-17-2013, 02:49 AM
Believe it or not I expect the Heat to have the WORST regular season record of the 3 by season end. It doesn't mean come playoff time they can't be the best but I expect something like...

Pacers- 58 wins
Bulls-56 wins
Heat-55 wins

jerellh528
11-17-2013, 04:31 AM
Way to early to tell, but one would assume the heat crawl back into first by season's end.

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

or
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

Minimal
11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Heat
Pacers
Hawks

RocketLoc80
11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Upping

bholly
11-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Why? Pretty sure threads that get bumped for no reason get closed here.

Bishnoff
11-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

This.

ATX
11-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Heat
Pacers
Bulls

or
Pacers
Heat
Bulls

I don't see how it can be anything other than this.

SportsFanatic10
11-20-2013, 10:17 PM
pacers/heat/bulls

krisxsong
11-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Pacers, Heat, Chicago.

SportsFanatic10
11-20-2013, 11:14 PM
the nets will likely still be a big factor in the playoffs with a whole season to get their act together and make the pieces mesh. but everyone pretty much knew they weren't gonna be a top 3 seed, not with their plans to rest kg and pp being as old as they are. as well as a team full of new players and a rookie head coach.

krisxsong
11-20-2013, 11:17 PM
the nets will likely still be a big factor in the playoffs with a whole season to get their act together and make the pieces mesh. but everyone pretty much knew they weren't gonna be a top 3 seed, not with their plans to rest kg and pp being as old as they are. as well as a team full of new players and a rookie head coach.

They're not making it bro

TheBigChief
11-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Lmao all these people putting the Pacers ahead of the bulls...our star player and former MVP just got back from an 18 month absence from basketball, its only a matter of 5-10 more games before you see the old rose again...not to mention I'm pretty sure the bulls just steamrolled the Pacers a couple nights ago...

Ill play along for now but come April when the bulls are 8+ games ahead of Indiana, don't say I didn't tell you

krisxsong
11-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Lmao all these people putting the Pacers ahead of the bulls...our star player and former MVP just got back from an 18 month absence from basketball, its only a matter of 5-10 more games before you see the old rose again...not to mention I'm pretty sure the bulls just steamrolled the Pacers a couple nights ago...

Ill play along for now but come April when the bulls are 8+ games ahead of Indiana, don't say I didn't tell you

So what case do you have for Chicago having a better record? Sure they'll get better but how does that prove they'll have a better record than Indy?

bholly
11-20-2013, 11:55 PM

man, that's some revisionist history right there.

TheBigChief
11-21-2013, 12:03 AM
So what case do you have for Chicago having a better record? Sure they'll get better but how does that prove they'll have a better record than Indy?

Better coaching
Better defense
Equal offense
Equal depth

Equals Chicago having a better mark come april...disagree?

krisxsong
11-21-2013, 06:58 AM
Better coaching
Better defense
Equal offense
Equal depth

Equals Chicago having a better mark come april...disagree?

I do not see the two teams having equal offense and depth. What kind of depth does Chicago have? Kirk Hinrich?

Defensively Indian is the best in the NBA.

Offensively Chicago stinks. Indiana is a far better offensive team.

Your logic is all circumstantial and all opinionated. I can say I feel like Brooklyn has the best offense in the NBA but we all know their offense is the worst.

SportsFanatic10
11-21-2013, 09:51 AM
man, that's some revisionist history right there.

lol ya i guess i should of put everyone who is smart. which happens to be a surprisingly small percentage of posters on here.

SportsFanatic10
11-21-2013, 09:52 AM
They're not making it bro

maybe, maybe not...still way too early to tell. i for one think they'll at least make the playoffs though. i'm sure they'd love to grab the 8/7 seed and possibly face miami in the first round. pp and kg hate them like crazy lol.

TheBigChief
11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
Double post

TheBigChief
11-21-2013, 08:34 PM
I do not see the two teams having equal offense and depth. What kind of depth does Chicago have? Kirk Hinrich?

Defensively Indian is the best in the NBA.

Offensively Chicago stinks. Indiana is a far better offensive team.

Your logic is all circumstantial and all opinionated. I can say I feel like Brooklyn has the best offense in the NBA but we all know their offense is the worst.

Lol what depth does Indiana have? Scola?......Taj Gibson is better than scola, Muhammad is better than Mahini, kirk Heinrich is known as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and dunleavy is a 3pt sniper....the bulls have more depth than Indiana and its not even close, anybody who knows basketball would agree.

Secondly, the bulls defense is well known to be the best in the NBA for the past couple of years, what on earth are you talking about? If Indiana has the best defense in the league, then why did Chicago who stinks on offense according to you, wipe the floor with them a couple nights ago?

Lastly, I'm 99% sure youre biased against the bulls since we knocked the group of scrubs called the nets out of last years playoffs without our 3 best players...

And im curious, aren't all sports assessments circumstantial and opinionated??

Guppyfighter
11-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Lol what depth does Indiana have? Scola?......Taj Gibson is better than scola, Muhammad is better than Mahini, kirk Heinrich is known as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and dunleavy is a 3pt sniper....the bulls have more depth than Indiana and its not even close, anybody who knows basketball would agree.

Secondly, the bulls defense is well known to be the best in the NBA for the past couple of years, what on earth are you talking about? If Indiana has the best defense in the league, then why did Chicago who stinks on offense according to you, wipe the floor with them a couple nights ago?

Lastly, I'm 99% sure youre biased against the bulls since we knocked the group of scrubs called the nets out of last years playoffs without our 3 best players...

Stop posting please.

TheBigChief
11-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Stop posting please.

Good argument...you're quite the debater

You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about, PLEASE OH PLEASE educate me with your infinite knowledge

Guppyfighter
11-22-2013, 12:30 AM
Good argument...you're quite the debater

You're right, I have no idea what I'm talking about, PLEASE OH PLEASE educate me with your infinite knowledge

What's there to debate? You didn't offer anything substantive. All you did was offer rhetoric. Show me what you are talking about instead of actually just talking about it.

Otherwise you are going to get posters like me who beg you to stop with your insipid nonsense.

jerellh528
11-22-2013, 01:03 AM
If it's not:
1.heat
2.pacers
3.bulls
I'll be pretty surprised.

TheBigChief
11-22-2013, 01:17 AM
What's there to debate? You didn't offer anything substantive. All you did was offer rhetoric. Show me what you are talking about instead of actually just talking about it.

Otherwise you are going to get posters like me who beg you to stop with your insipid nonsense.

I'm not going to argue with you, geek
I didn't offer anything substansive, but your reply of "stop posting please" was loaded with substance, right?

DoMeFavors
11-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Nets will finish with a top 3 seed, it took Miami time 3 years ago to gel. But they atleast had the same coach from the previous year. Nets will get it together soon. Nets have already beat the Heat this year, once we get back healthy we will go on a win streak. No doubt in my mind Nets will finish 2 or 3 in EAST.

Guppyfighter
11-22-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm not going to argue with you, geek
I didn't offer anything substansive, but your reply of "stop posting please" was loaded with substance, right?

It got the point across apparently. Unruffle your feathers, I meant no slight. Just make sure you actually make arguments.

Also, geek? Don't be a dork.

BKLYNpigeon
11-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Knicks havent won a home game all of November. lol.

TheBigChief
11-22-2013, 02:04 AM
It got the point across apparently. Unruffle your feathers, I meant no slight. Just make sure you actually make arguments.

Also, geek? Don't be a dork.

You're weird dude quit writing me

TheBigChief
11-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Nets will finish with a top 3 seed, it took Miami time 3 years ago to gel. But they atleast had the same coach from the previous year. Nets will get it together soon. Nets have already beat the Heat this year, once we get back healthy we will go on a win streak. No doubt in my mind Nets will finish 2 or 3 in EAST.

Superfan or not, surely you don't really believe this? And in NO way is Brooklyn anything like Miami lmao

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 05:55 AM

CJ Watson, Lance Stephenson/Danny Granger, Luis Scola, Chris Copeland.

That's more depth than Chicago could wish for. Chicago has Kirk who is indeed a good defender but nothing more than that. Chicago also has Dunleavy who is a rich mans Steve Novak which in reality isn't all that good as long you're not ******** and don't leave him wide open.

All those guys on Chicago's bench are spot up shooters. They can't create for themselves.

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Superfan or not, surely you don't really believe this? And in NO way is Brooklyn anything like Miami lmao

Telling me that Brooklyn will finish 2nd or 3rd is a lot more realistic than trying to tell me Chicago is deeper than Indiana and will end up with a better record.

Goose17
11-22-2013, 06:11 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1393630_763941370289615_918892025_n.jpg

TheBigChief
11-22-2013, 03:14 PM
CJ Watson, Lance Stephenson/Danny Granger, Luis Scola, Chris Copeland.

That's more depth than Chicago could wish for. Chicago has Kirk who is indeed a good defender but nothing more than that. Chicago also has Dunleavy who is a rich mans Steve Novak which in reality isn't all that good as long you're not ******** and don't leave him wide open.

All those guys on Chicago's bench are spot up shooters. They can't create for themselves.

Aside from Danny Granger, scola is slightly above average, the rest suck gtfoh

And Brooklyn will be lucky to win 40 games, you're in lala land brother

IDOHERBETTER
11-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Aside from Danny Granger, scola is slightly above average, the rest suck gtfoh

And Brooklyn will be lucky to win 40 games, you're in lala land brother

What about when Indiana killed you at there house? It took y'all to hit a crazy amount of threes to get ahead. Rose made 6 of 11 threes which may never happen again. You guys went GS that night, something that happens every blue moon. Instead of throwing fits, Like a woman, have a smart debate. Deng also played out of his mind. Also, you are so cocky for a team who relies on his super star, how's that 30% FG looking?

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 09:53 PM
maybe, maybe not...still way too early to tell. i for one think they'll at least make the playoffs though. i'm sure they'd love to grab the 8/7 seed and possibly face miami in the first round. pp and kg hate them like crazy lol.

I don't think you've watched many Nets games, they aren't making it. When they are healthy they are okay, but when they aren't healthy(I don't think they will be) they are amongst thenworst teams in the NBA

Hawkeye15
11-22-2013, 10:01 PM
I don't think you've watched many Nets games, they aren't making it. When they are healthy they are okay, but when they aren't healthy(I don't think they will be) they are amongst thenworst teams in the NBA

at $180 million this season. If they don't get healthy (and I don't believe this team will see acceptable health for long periods), they will be a monster disappointment.

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 10:40 PM
at $180 million this season. If they don't get healthy (and I don't believe this team will see acceptable health for long periods), they will be a monster disappointment.

Too late, they already are a monster disappointment. I honestly, honestly see them giving Boston a top 3 pick no joke.

Hawkeye15
11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Too late, they already are a monster disappointment. I honestly, honestly see them giving Boston a top 3 pick no joke.

they do play in the east. All they need is a nice 30 game stretch of respectable health/play, and they can win half the games it takes to secure a 5 seed. It's really that easy in the east.

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 11:27 PM
they do play in the east. All they need is a nice 30 game stretch of respectable health/play, and they can win half the games it takes to secure a 5 seed. It's really that easy in the east.

Nothing is easy with this team.

This team gets blown out by the likes of Sacramento. They lose to Cleveland, Sacramento, Washington, Charlotte and Portland.

Trust me buddy, these idiots aren't sniffing the 8 seed. I can quite honestly see a 30 win team.

FlashBolt
11-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Lmao at all you people projecting wins like it's some sort of equation. It's kind of sad that you guys think it's even possible to estimate the amount of wins.

krisxsong
11-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Lmao at all you people projecting wins like it's some sort of equation. It's kind of sad that you guys think it's even possible to estimate the amount of wins.

What?

So if you think a team will win X amount of games that means we think there's an equation?

So in your mind Sacramento has just as good a chance as Indiana to have the best record?

Good teams win more games. Simple.

FlashBolt
11-23-2013, 01:22 AM
What?

So if you think a team will win X amount of games that means we think there's an equation?

So in your mind Sacramento has just as good a chance as Indiana to have the best record?

Good teams win more games. Simple.

And there is no way you can estimate close to what a team will win. Everyone giving out numbers here are just spewing random numbers. Good teams win more games, duh? But how can you say a team will win "this many games" because of "this"? Impossible to even assume. Did you think Brooklyn would be 3/9 and NYK would be 3/8? How about Portland, 10/2? Didn't think so.

torocan
11-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Trust me buddy, these idiots aren't sniffing the 8 seed. I can quite honestly see a 30 win team.

Shockingly, given the weakness of the Titanic... er, Atlantic Division, that's all that may be needed for the #4 seed. Though you never know, the Raptors are playing Leet basketball right now. If the Raptors can stay 4 or 5 games under .500, they just might cruise into the 4th seed.

The Nets will have to step it up. :D

Tony_Starks
11-23-2013, 03:05 PM
At this point I see the Pacers, Heat, and it shocks me to say it Raptors as the top 3 seeds. Only thing that could change that is a MVP caliber tear by Melo but as big a fan as I am I just don't see it. Too much turmoil in NY.....

Tony_Starks
11-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Nothing is easy with this team.

This team gets blown out by the likes of Sacramento. They lose to Cleveland, Sacramento, Washington, Charlotte and Portland.

Your guys will make it trust me. The 8th seed in the east will probably be like 10 games under .500 this year.