PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite teams all time starting 5

Hulk6
11-15-2013, 07:25 PM
throughout all the players to wear your cities jersey.. who would you pick as the starting 5?

as a kings fan i would say
PG- Jason Williams
SG-Mitch Richmond
SF-Peja
PF-CWebb
C-Boogie Cuz

Honorable mention to bobby jax and vlade

TheMightyHumph
11-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Where have I seen this thread topic before?

FlashBolt
11-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Can I pick Seattle and OKC combined?

ThaDubs
11-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Steph Curry
Mitch Ritchmond
Rick Barry
Chris Webber
Wilt

shen
11-16-2013, 03:49 AM
PG-Terry Porter
SG-Clyde Drexler
SF-Jerome Kersey
PF-Maurice Lucas
C -Bill Walton

Lucas and Walton had been apart of the championship team while Porter, Drexler, and Kersey had been Blazers for multiple Finals appearances.

JeffG20
11-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Pelicans/Hornets (Hornicans)....not counting Charlotte days

PG- Chris Paul
SG- Eric Gordon
SF- Jamal Mashburn
PF- Anthony Davis (hard not to put David West but AD will surpase what David did)
C- Tyson Chandler

Lakers + Giants
11-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Magic
Kobe
Worthy
Malone
Shaq

Seriously, what do i win?!

Capital G
11-16-2013, 10:04 AM
robinson
Duncan
can I put gervin at sf? if not Elliot
manu (if gervin not at sf)
parker

Steelers23_06
11-16-2013, 10:06 AM
tim hardaway
wade
bron
bosh
shaq

zo gets honorable mention. but hard to put him over the most dominant player to play in the NBA plus if they dont have shaq they dont get the franchises first ring.

mightybosstone
11-16-2013, 10:08 AM
throughout all the players to wear your cities jersey.. who would you pick as the starting 5?

as a kings fan i would say
PG- Jason Williams
SG-Mitch Richmond
SF-Peja
PF-CWebb
C-Boogie Cuz

Honorable mention to bobby jax and vlade
You'd go Williams over Bibby? That seems like an odd choice to me. Bibby was in Sacramento far longer, was far more integral to the success of those early 2000s Kings teams and his peak as a player is much stronger than Williams' was.

Magic
Kobe
Worthy
Malone
Shaq

Seriously, what do i win?!
Really? Malone? The guy was a shell of himself when he played with the Lakers and doesn't deserve to go on any all-time Lakers lists. I'd easily pair Shaq with a second center instead. Why not Kareem? I'd arguably put him ahead of Shaq in terms of Lakers' centers, and he was athletic and skilled enough in his prime to probably have played some PF.

The rest of the lineup I have no problem with.

Steelers23_06
11-16-2013, 10:08 AM
Can I pick Seattle and OKC combined?

duh lol.

Steelers23_06
11-16-2013, 10:11 AM
Really? Malone? The guy was a shell of himself when he played with the Lakers and doesn't deserve to go on any all-time Lakers lists. I'd easily pair Shaq with a second center instead. Why not Kareem? I'd arguably put him ahead of Shaq in terms of Lakers' centers, and he was athletic and skilled enough in his prime to probably have played some PF.

The rest of the lineup I have no problem with.

i agree 100% pau would dominate malone in his last year. he was a shell of himself.

mightybosstone
11-16-2013, 10:16 AM
For the Rockets, I'd go:

PG Calvin Murphy
SG Tracy McGrady
SF Clyde Drexler
PF Hakeem Olajuwon
C Moses Malone

PG and the two front court players were easy selections, though I hate to leave Yao out. The wings were far tougher. You could argue that Harden's play in his first season with the Rockets was the greatest season a Rockets wing player ever had, and Rudy Tomjanovich was such a key component to those awesome 80s Rockets teams before the Kermit Washington sucker punch ruined his career.

McGrady and Drexler didn't play for the Rockets long, but McGrady still got a couple of solid prime McGrady years in Houston and Drexler was the reason the Rockets won the 95 Finals. In a couple of season, I'll probably have to re-think this and knock one of these guys off the list in favor of Harden, but I'm giving them a slight edge as of now.

scissors
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
PG - Derek Harper (I know it sounds crazy but Nash had 4 good years in Dallas, Derek had more and was a far superior defender to boot)
SG - Michael Finley (a very slight edge over Rolando Blackman)
SF - Mark Aguire
PF - Dirk
C - If you consider Roy Tarpley a Center it is really hard to put Chandler's one season in front of him.

Ezio
11-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Rose
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Noah

Hulk6
11-16-2013, 12:28 PM
You'd go Williams over Bibby? That seems like an odd choice to me. Bibby was in Sacramento far longer, was far more integral to the success of those early 2000s Kings teams and his peak as a player is much stronger than Williams' was.

in terms of longevity you would be correct, but williams best season was better than bibbys best. Also, this 5 is picked with the idea of 'if you need to win 1 game, who would you pick'

Hulk6
11-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Rose
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Noah

Jalen?

Ezio
11-16-2013, 12:34 PM
Jalen?

Why not?

Hulk6
11-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Why not?

not disagreeing just not clear if derrick or jalen

bagwell368
11-16-2013, 09:27 PM
KG
McHale
Bird
Ray
DJ

That's right, KG over Russell. KG would dominate Russell head to head in any era, so he's my Center. Got some great passers, shooters, and D... and for sure DJ over Rondo or Cousy.

LordJohn
11-17-2013, 12:21 AM
SF-Dennis Scott
PF-Dwight Howard (or Horace Grant if you want a more traditional PF)
C-Shaq
SG-T-Mac
PG-Penny Hardaway (or Jameer Nelson if you want a pure PG)

todu82
11-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Detroit Pistons

PG- Thomas
SG- Dumars
C- Lanier
SF- Prince
PF- Howell