PDA

View Full Version : The Nba's refs situation.

PurpleLynch
11-15-2013, 02:57 PM
As I can see from a lot of posts and from my point of view,there are clearly some flaws that should be fixed.In your opinion,is it just because some rules should be changed or because the refs are not doing their job properly?What would you do to solve the situation?

Biggest flaw for me is the travel thing. They don't enforce that rule enough imo.

Yankeefan213
11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
The stupid delay of game **** actually delays the game more when it is called because most of the time, the ball is pushed in the right direction. Delay of game should only be called if a player sends the ball away from the opposing team after a made shot.

Now if the ball is rolling away, the team who made the shot can't send it in the right direction, or else that's delay of game. When in fact letting it roll away is more of a delay of game than sending it in the right direction.

Ok I'm done.

mightybosstone
11-15-2013, 04:18 PM
Delay of game is clearly a poor foul that the league needs to get rid of. And I'd like to see them do a better job of holding the whistles on flops. If the refs don't call flops, then there will be no need to fine or suspend players in the first place.

Also, I think Hack a Whoever needs to be eliminated altogether. If you grab a player away from the ball at any point in the game just for the sake of fouling them, it should be two shots and the ball no matter what point in the game it is. That's a foul with no play whatsoever to get position on an offensive player or to make a play on the ball, and it should be treated as such.

Just in general, I'd like to see referees hold their whistles more, especially late in close games. Referees should not decide the outcome of games. Players should.

hornetsfansydne
11-16-2013, 05:51 AM
The stupid delay of game **** actually delays the game more when it is called because most of the time, the ball is pushed in the right direction. Delay of game should only be called if a player sends the ball away from the opposing team after a made shot.

Now if the ball is rolling away, the team who made the shot can't send it in the right direction, or else that's delay of game. When in fact letting it roll away is more of a delay of game than sending it in the right direction.

Ok I'm done.

But how hard is it to not touch the ball at all after a made basket? Leave it alone and you won't get called for the problem. International players manage at the Olympics/World Champs so why can't NBA players?

hornetsfansydne
11-16-2013, 05:53 AM
Delay of game is clearly a poor foul that the league needs to get rid of. And I'd like to see them do a better job of holding the whistles on flops. If the refs don't call flops, then there will be no need to fine or suspend players in the first place.

Also, I think Hack a Whoever needs to be eliminated altogether. If you grab a player away from the ball at any point in the game just for the sake of fouling them, it should be two shots and the ball no matter what point in the game it is. That's a foul with no play whatsoever to get position on an offensive player or to make a play on the ball, and it should be treated as such.

Just in general, I'd like to see referees hold their whistles more, especially late in close games. Referees should not decide the outcome of games. Players should.

The refs cant hold the whistle on flops as they see it as a foul. Remember we get the benefit of numerous replays and different angles, officials get around half a second to make a decision, if that.

I agree with you about the Hack-a strategy. Gives away from the free flowing game the NBA is trying to promote. Just wondering if you guys didnt have Howard or Asik on the roster would your opinio be different?

Hellcrooner
11-16-2013, 10:24 AM

lol.

seriously?

if you dont like then dont hire players that cant shoot Ft.

:laugh:

i never complained even once about hack a Shaq when we had him.
nor last year when we had the poor ******** versión of Shaq.

And on topic, refs just need to stop the B.S star calls and call it evenly for every player and everything will be fine.

Oh, that would also happen to not being any good for your team Bosstone :D nothing personal buddy .

mightybosstone
11-16-2013, 10:43 AM
I agree with you about the Hack-a strategy. Gives away from the free flowing game the NBA is trying to promote. Just wondering if you guys didnt have Howard or Asik on the roster would your opinio be different?

lol.

seriously?

if you dont like then dont hire players that cant shoot Ft.

:laugh:

i never complained even once about hack a Shaq when we had him.
nor last year when we had the poor ******** versión of Shaq.

First off, slow your rolls about me criticizing Hack a Howard because the guy is on my team. I've ALWAYS hated Hack a ____ as a strategy, because I think it's a ******** way to play basketball, it significantly slows down the pace of the game and it makes no sense how doing that shouldn't be an intentional foul. If you grab somebody away from the ball just for the sake of creating a foul and clearly not trying to do anything basketball related, that's CLEARLY an intentional foul and should result in two free throws and the basketball.

Think about it. Suppose you could just grab any player and send them to the free throw line in the final seconds of close games and then get the ball back afterward? Would that be fair? Of course not. A team could not pay any attention to the inbounds pass, wait for the ball to be in play and then chase down and grab the poorest free throw shooter no matter how far away from the ball he is. It would be a horrible way to end a game.

So, if we don't allow that in the final two minutes of games, why do we allow it the rest of the game? And who decided that the final two minutes are off limits, but the rest of the game, it's okay? Are the final two minutes necessarily more important than the other 46? Do points not count for those first 46 minutes or are there any other rules that are different for the final two minutes in the NBA?

Rules should not be any different in the league in the final two minutes than they are the rest of the game, and it's totally arbitrary to deny that strategy for two minutes, but allow it for the other 46. It's a chicken **** way to play basketball and it's something we never saw in the league prior to Shaq's dominance despite there ALWAYS being poor free throw shooters throughout the history of the league.

WARRIORS@GR
11-16-2013, 10:56 AM
Superstar phantom calls or no-calls are the worst.But it's not only in the NBA,it happens everywhere.Delay of game is ********.I'm ok with hack a ___. Learning how to shoot FT's should be the focus,not changing the rule.

mightybosstone
11-16-2013, 11:17 AM
I'm ok with hack a ___. Learning how to shoot FT's should be the focus,not changing the rule.

Except that's not the case. They DID change the rules so that you can't hack a player in the final two minutes. If the NBA knows there's something wrong enough about the play to change the rules for the final two minutes, then there's clearly something wrong about it in the first place.

Sly Guy
11-16-2013, 11:22 AM
the refs are perfectly capable of calling a better game than they do, [see college refs, they call travels] but it's not in the NBA's best interest to do so. Scoring and star calls generate more fan interest, so they call the games to prop up both.

BIG worm
11-16-2013, 11:37 AM
The phantom "Star" calls need to stop. The way the NBA props up its stars through foul calls is so blatantly obvious,that its outrageous....its starting to feel like a WWE ran league.

Odominator
11-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I have always hated Wade's automatic foul calls everytime he drives. I find it pointless for anyone to play defense on him, if he decides to drive it is almost automatically guaranteed there will be a foul called.

4milesperday
11-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I have always hated Wade's automatic foul calls everytime he drives. I find it pointless for anyone to play defense on him, if he decides to drive it is almost automatically guaranteed there will be a foul called.

This is a joke right? Wade barely get any calls since 2006 season. Are you talking right now or years ago?

lakerfan85
11-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Except that's not the case. They DID change the rules so that you can't hack a player in the final two minutes. If the NBA knows there's something wrong enough about the play to change the rules for the final two minutes, then there's clearly something wrong about it in the first place.

You should contact the League office..

THE MTL
11-16-2013, 12:22 PM
flop calls need to be added.

Initiating the contact on offense should not result in a defensive foul. I hate how players like Wade and Harden blindly drive to the basket looking not for a basket but for contact. If someone bulldozers into you they started the contact!

When a defensive player goes straight up, you cannot call a foul! The only player that never gets called for this is Hibbert cause he had a rep but many big men outside of hibbert go straight up too bit always get the foul called

Delay of game is stupid call and delays the game even more. Plus many times I see the ball roll around and players are scared to touch it which delays the game even more.

LAKobeBryant
11-16-2013, 12:44 PM
Refs taking too damn long to review out of bound calls. Usually the broadcaster shows the replay once and the viewers would know already. There are 3 refs just watch it and vote. If they agree its inconclusive then jump ball.

dnl123
11-16-2013, 12:52 PM
This is slightly off topic, but I'm sick of the charging call in the NBA and in college basketball. Why reward players for shuffling their feet to a space on the floor before another guy gets there? It's so dumb! If the offensive player comes in and initiates contact with the defender then call that a charge, but don't give defensive players credit for just shuffling in two seconds before the other guy gets there!

king4day
11-16-2013, 02:14 PM

Ok I'm done.

Totally agree

D-Leethal
11-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Don't reward the offensive player for forcing contact, only reward them for contact that occurs whilr making a legitimate basketball play. The contact should have to occur within the natural rhythms of the game. Changing directions that you otherwise would not change just to run into a defender and sell contact should not be rewarded.

Flagrant fouls have become a complete embarassment. Toughen the game up so were not watching a bunch of ballerinas flopping around like fishes on PCP.

mightybosstone
11-16-2013, 07:50 PM
You should contact the League office..

Perhaps I will. And won't you feel silly when they make Hack a Howard illegal and my *****ing ends up being totally justified?

lol, please
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Basically there's a conspiracy. The league doesn't want the Warriors to win. It's painfully obvious watching our games.