PDA

View Full Version : Anthony wants to get calls that Harden received

D1JM
11-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Anthony acknowledged frustration with the officiating Thursday night after Harden attempted 18 free throws in the Houston Rockets' 109-106 victory over the New York Knicks.

Asked if it was tough that the Knicks sent Harden to the line often when they got close, Anthony replied, "We didn't put him on the line, they put him on the line."

Harden led the NBA in free-throw attempts last season and is third this season. He was 16-for-18 Thursday, while Anthony, his teammate on the 2012 U.S. Olympic team, was 9-for-11.

"You look at that, you see the way that some guys get their calls," Anthony said, "and for me, I've got to get cut, you've got to see blood for me to get a call down there. So that's where the frustration comes from."

link (http://www.nba.com/2013/news/11/15/anthony-frustrated-with-fouls.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts)

harden puts his head back and "sells" calls like no other.

JLynn943
11-15-2013, 05:42 AM
can't blame him. I can't stand even watching Harden play (and I've always liked watching the Rockets) - can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have my opponent flail around and embellish contact and get foul calls from it like Harden does

kblo247
11-15-2013, 05:44 AM
Kobe, Wade, Bron, Steph, and a number of people do as harden has no real offensive game which is why it's like an inside ref joke that they give it to him all season and when the playoffs come they troll him without whistles

rhino17
11-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Harden does flop a lot, way too much in fact

BUT

He was beat up a ton tonight, he nearly got a concussion after getting knocked in the head by 3 Knicks on 1 drive. Also the Knicks were making dumb fouls and playing bad d all night. Lots of the free throws towards the end, they were letting harden walk into the paint and guys like Tim hardaway would slap his arm after he had already been beat

nr19
11-15-2013, 06:13 AM
Players need to police themselves, in the old days somebody would get sick of Harden pulling this BS game after game and level him really good. That would put an end to it fast. I can't stand watching Harden run into guys who don't even make contact then the head snaps back sometimes he falls down it's painful to watch.

kblo247
11-15-2013, 06:35 AM
Players need to police themselves, in the old days somebody would get sick of Harden pulling this BS game after game and level him really good. That would put an end to it fast. I can't stand watching Harden run into guys who don't even make contact then the head snaps back sometimes he falls down it's painful to watch.

How did knocking the **** out of work for Metta? I mean he walked into Ron and was planning on getting hit, like he pulled the same stunt vs Dallas, but all it did was get Ron suspended. Son of a itch just got Metta suspended while playing some of the best ball as a Laker, and he laid on the floor peeping and smiling while the refs weren't looking. Max and Marcellus caught him

http://fantasycpr.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/127/files/2012/04/6202590.jpg

Hitting him solves nothing at all short of taking it to the Kermit extreme

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Harden gets every call.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2013, 08:54 AM

BUT

He was beat up a ton tonight, he nearly got a concussion after getting knocked in the head by 3 Knicks on 1 drive. Also the Knicks were making dumb fouls and playing bad d all night. Lots of the free throws towards the end, they were letting harden walk into the paint and guys like Tim hardaway would slap his arm after he had already been beat

He didn't really get in the paint when they have shumpert on him. While I agree we fouled a lot he gets a crazy amount of calls.

John Walls Era
11-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Don't shoot jumpers then.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 10:08 AM
He didn't really get in the paint when they have shumpert on him. While I agree we fouled a lot he gets a crazy amount of calls.

Only reason why he didn't get into the paint is b/c Harden shot so many uncontested jump shots b/c Shumpert wouldn't put a hand up and backed off away from him

elledaddy
11-15-2013, 10:23 AM
Don't shoot jumpers then.

He took 16 shots in the paint though and your reply is " dont shoot jumpshots"

BenFrank
11-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Lol, He's just butt hurt they loss.. he'll get over it

kdspurman
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
Melo does take a beating sometimes... I bet a lot of guys wish they got the calls Harden does.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 10:33 AM
He took 16 shots in the paint though and your reply is " dont shoot jumpshots"

this is true. Carmelo should have gotten some calls for sure.

ewing
11-15-2013, 10:47 AM
Melo, does not get a lot of calls. I think part of the reason is that he bangs, pushes off, and hooks defenders a lot. If you are going to bang you are not going to get the call on very hack

beasted86
11-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Kobe, Wade, Bron, Steph, and a number of people do as harden has no real offensive game which is why it's like an inside ref joke that they give it to him all season and when the playoffs come they troll him without whistles
ummm, he lead the league in the playoffs too

SluggeR
11-15-2013, 11:02 AM
It is amazing to me how Harden gets so many calls. It's sooo obvious that he initiates contact when defenders are standing their ground and playing good D. It has always puzzled me how Anthony does not get all-star nevertheless superstar treatment when it comes to calls..

rhino17
11-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Carmelo also screwed himself out of a lot of calls last night. He put himself in situations where he would clearly be fouled but then he steps back and takes a fadeaway instead of staying aggressive.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Carmelo also screwed himself out of a lot of calls last night. He put himself in situations where he would clearly be fouled but then he steps back and takes a fadeaway instead of staying aggressive.

He was also abusing people down low. One play he got like 2 or 3 offensive rebounds and was fouled a ton and they gave it to him after his 3rd try.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Melo is never fading away while in the paint. He is always absorbing contact while there.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Melo is never fading away while in the paint. He is always absorbing contact while there.

He was a bear last night as Kobe would say about Melo. He played like that for a whole series against the Lakers in like 2009 or 2010 and Kobe said that nobody can guard Melo in the post.

colinskik
11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
When the game was close in the 4th quarter, there were two consecutive plays when Harden came down, initiated contact, went to the line, and hit both his FTs. Both times the call was very questionable. After that the Knicks were all of a sudden down close to 10 and the game was out of reach. Then of course there was the no call on Melo's 3pt attempt that miraculously would've given them a second chance.

I side with Melo and his frustration because it seems like they handing Harden free points and taking away obvious calls on Melo, especially when he was banging down low. Refs need to call it consistently for both teams.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 11:38 AM
He was a bear last night as Kobe would say about Melo. He played like that for a whole series against the Lakers in like 2009 or 2010 and Kobe said that nobody can guard Melo in the post.

He plays like that every night.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 11:39 AM
He plays like that every night.

Sometime he will take too many Jumpshots. He can live around the paint if he wanted to.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-15-2013, 11:46 AM
drive Melo, drive to the basket. instead he takes ridicilous jumpers most of the time.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 11:50 AM
drive Melo, drive to the basket. instead he takes ridicilous jumpers most of the time.

Call the foul you fraud refs!!!! Call the foul!!!!!

DillyDill
11-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I wish melo would just live in the post and not take any jumpers what so ever. Now that would be a site to see with he's fantastic post gm

FOBolous
11-15-2013, 11:56 AM
flopping is a skill that few has mastered :shrug: as unfortunate as it is. if he wants the calls that Harden gets, learn to sell calls like Harden, CP3, and Manu. and drive more. more calls are called on drives that shooting the ball or posting up.

colinskik
11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
flopping is a skill that few has mastered :shrug: as unfortunate as it is. if he wants the calls that Harden gets, learn to sell calls like Harden, CP3, and Manu. and drive more. more calls are called on drives that shooting the ball or posting up.

Or the refs should learn to swallow their whistle and only call, you know, actual fouls.

CrazyCrackar
11-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Usually I would say hes just complaining because of the loss, but I get why he is upset. The man does take a beating, and he has to really earn his fouls. I dont think its a conspiracy, I think its just his style of play.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2013, 11:59 AM

BUT

Right, but let's talk about the other end of the floor, because that's the issue at hand.

Matter.
11-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Op is the best

IDunknown
11-15-2013, 12:01 PM
When the game was close in the 4th quarter, there were two consecutive plays when Harden came down, initiated contact, went to the line, and hit both his FTs. Both times the call was very questionable. After that the Knicks were all of a sudden down close to 10 and the game was out of reach. Then of course there was the no call on Melo's 3pt attempt that miraculously would've given them a second chance.

I side with Melo and his frustration because it seems like they handing Harden free points and taking away obvious calls on Melo, especially when he was banging down low. Refs need to call it consistently for both teams.

Exactly, Kenyon got a flagrant on a hard foul on Parsons, but they didn't call it flagrant when Melo was fouled in the end. I think Melo was fouled on the catch with his back to the basket, but some have pointed out that the ref missed that and called once he went into his shooting motion. Shumpert fouled Harden on the catch too last play. It's about time Melo said something, the fine is worth it.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM
Right, but let's talk about the other end of the floor, because that's the issue at hand.

I like when Harden was on the ground for like 5 minutes plus writhing in so much pain. Went to the bench for like a minute or so. And came back in.....no problems. What a phenomenal actor :clap:

Clippersfan86
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM
In general guys that almost always initiate the contact (Harden, Durant, CP3, Wade) should get way less free throws than they do. These 4 guys are usually the ones jumping into players or doing rip through moves and that shouldn't be rewarded.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Sometime he will take too many Jumpshots. He can live around the paint if he wanted to.

Why do you think he doesn't want to? If he got calls other guys got, he would be in there all the time, but there's no point in taking the abuse if you aren't going to be rewarded for it.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Also it's definitely true that stronger, more physical players are their position have to practically be murdered to get fouls. Melo, Griffin, Bledsoe and Rose are a few that stand out to me in this regard. Unless they are bleeding or knocked to the floor they usually won't get a call, even though they are constantly hit, yanked, pushed etc.

Harden, Wade, Durant, CP3... before you even hit them the whistle is already blown sometimes.

FOBolous
11-15-2013, 12:08 PM
Or the refs should learn to swallow their whistle and only call, you know, actual fouls.

it looks like actual calls to ref, and that's why the refs call it. the refs don't like at a flopping player and be like "oh looks fake but i'm going to call it anyways."

jchase3
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM
First off... the guy above me, your sig makes you look like a fool.

Second, James Harden is actually getting tough to watch because he literally gets every call. Great player, but he flops and fakes getting hit like a little girl. Not one of my favorite's in the league right now.

torocan
11-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Carmelo doesn't get a lot of calls, but he's kind of dug his own grave.

Like it or not, refs are human beings and see what they want to see.

If they like you, they'll call more 50/50's in your favor. If they don't like you, they'll make more 50/50's against you.

Melo unfortunately has ticked off a lot of refs over the past years, and it continues to haunt him. Way too many years of arguing/whining to refs during games is a recipe for not getting 50/50 calls. Just ask Allen Iverson how that worked out for him?

Melo needs to work the refs like Durant, Wade, Harden, and LBJ do. Office politics may suck, but they aren't going away.

bleedprple&gold
11-15-2013, 12:32 PM
I despise Harden as a basketball player with his bs flopping but we also have to put some blame on the refs. Stop giving him the calls and start fining him like they should and the flopping will stop real quick and maybe we can actually see what kind of true player he is.

bleedprple&gold
11-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Carmelo doesn't get a lot of calls, but he's kind of dug his own grave.

Like it or not, refs are human beings and see what they want to see.

If they like you, they'll call more 50/50's in your favor. If they don't like you, they'll make more 50/50's against you.

Melo unfortunately has ticked off a lot of refs over the past years, and it continues to haunt him. Way too many years of arguing/whining to refs during games is a recipe for not getting 50/50 calls. Just ask Allen Iverson how that worked out for him?

Melo needs to work the refs like Durant, Wade, Harden, and LBJ do. Office politics may suck, but they aren't going away.

Hardens calls usually arent 50/50. They are more like 95% flop 5% foul.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:35 PM
The "head jerk" has become as crucial to superstardom in the NBA as the jumpshot.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
I despise Harden as a basketball player with his bs flopping but we also have to put some blame on the refs. Stop giving him the calls and start fining him like they should and the flopping will stop real quick and maybe we can actually see what kind of true player he is.

Exactly, he's just exploiting the way the game is officiated and the refs continue to encourage this crap. They are sissifying the league - I don't understand how they think thats good for business the way toughness is being eliminated and sissy ball is being exploited.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:44 PM
If Wiggins doesn't improve his "shoulder-bump-to-fling-off-the-shotclock" or his "run-full-speed-and-jerk-your-neck-while-throwing-the-ball-out-of-bounds" fundamentals he's going to get overlooked for that #1 overall. Scouts are not expressed with his flopping skills from what I have read.

torocan
11-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Hardens calls usually arent 50/50. They are more like 95% flop 5% foul.

Not going to say that Harden doesn't get more than his fair share of calls, he's definitely getting superstar calls right now.

However, he also gets get benefit of the doubt when refs just don't know. If you look at ref angles, often they can't actually see the contact. All they see is the arms swing and Harden's reaction, and since Harden draws contact way more often than no contact at all, the refs go with the player they like/trust.

Wade, LBJ, Cp3, Durant... it's just what it is. It's part of why teams want "stars" and rookies get clobbered.

And while they may be touch fouls a good part of the time, in the end the refs can cover their butts because usually there IS contact.

While it makes many of us pine for the good old days of contact basketball, we have to accept that if you're a Star or perimeter players, they're not going to let players get nearly as physical as the "good old days".

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-15-2013, 12:50 PM
All the people saying Melo needs to drive more are either saying the wrong statement, or just don't know Melo's game like they claim.

Melo's a MFing BEAST in the paint.

shep33
11-15-2013, 12:53 PM
This is why I hate flopping. Not only is it a cheap gimmick to get points, but it destroys the integrity of the game, and has the potential of spreading like a virus.

Say Melo starts to flail his body like Harden whenever he gets touched... Can we blame him for trying to get the same calls?

Bottom line, flopping needs more serious penalties. After the warning, it should be a fine. After the fine, it should be a game suspension for each occurrence

colinskik
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
it looks like actual calls to ref, and that's why the refs call it. the refs don't like at a flopping player and be like "oh looks fake but i'm going to call it anyways."

It's more like, they see someone jerk their head or hit the ground and they blow the whistle because "They must've been fouled to illicit that type of reaction." The refs need to stop calling these fouls. If you hit the ground looking for a foul and it's not called, it's more likely than not going to be an easy bucket for the other team while you're sprawled on the floor. Now if you don't call this two, three, four times then maybe the player will get the point and stop flopping/giving the other team easy buckets.

It happens all the time in the league I play in. My teammate is constantly looking for calls so he'll just throw the ball up at the rim and fall to the ground. They NEVER call anything and then it's four of us guarding five guys on the other end.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:59 PM
It's more like, they see someone jerk their head or hit the ground and they blow the whistle because "They must've been fouled to illicit that type of reaction." The refs need to stop calling these fouls. If you hit the ground looking for a foul and it's not called, it's more likely than not going to be an easy bucket for the other team while you're sprawled on the floor. Now if you don't call this two, three, four times then maybe the player will get the point and stop flopping/giving the other team easy buckets.

It happens all the time in the league I play in. My teammate is constantly looking for calls so he'll just throw the ball up at the rim and fall to the ground. They NEVER call anything and then it's four of us guarding five guys on the other end.

Players are gonna keep doing it as long as the league keeps rewarding them for it. I just can't fathom how the NBA thinks this is a good thing - and they clearly aren't doing anything to try and prevent and just continue rewarding it. Its sad.

FOBolous
11-15-2013, 01:04 PM

so basically, it looked like a foul so they called it? like i said, as unfortunate as it is, flopping is a skill. until the league better train the refs to see through the flop and/or institute tougher punishment, players are going to keep doing it. if Carmelo wants more calls, he better start flopping like Harden, CP3, and Manu does. and driving to the hoop more will help too. you don't get called as many fouls from shooting and posting up.

zn23
11-15-2013, 01:23 PM
He needs to learn to snap his head back any time there is contact. The art of ref baiting.

nycericanguy
11-15-2013, 01:32 PM
I knew Harden was going to get a ton of FT attempts, that's something you just gotta live with.

But what killed me was that "foul" on Felton in the last minute of the game with just 1 second on the shot clock. Felton barely touched the tip of Harden's finger and it didn't affect Hardens shot at all, yet he got 3 FT's. game over. You reward the defense there that defended well for 24 seconds, not the offensive player who gets nicked on his fingertip which is part of the ball anyway.

I don't like refs deciding games on crap like that. Harden got 18 ft's, the entire Knick team got 27 and Melo was taking a beating all night.

Harden definitely is one of the more annoying stars to watch. His game is so dependent on helps from the refs and his acting.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 01:33 PM
I knew Harden was going to get a ton of FT attempts, that's something you just gotta live with.

But what killed me was that "foul" on Felton in the last minute of the game with just 1 second on the shot clock. Felton barely touched the tip of Harden's finger and it didn't affect Hardens shot at all, yet he got 3 FT's. game over. You reward the defense there that defended well for 24 seconds, not the offensive player who gets nicked on his fingertip which is part of the ball anyway.

I don't like refs deciding games on crap like that. Harden got 18 ft's, the entire Knick team got 27 and Melo was taking a beating all night.

Harden definitely is one of the more annoying stars to watch. His game is so dependent on helps from the refs and his acting.

Lol. You see how far back he fell? Refs should be able to review that the last 5 or so min of games.

AddiX
11-15-2013, 01:42 PM
5 of hardens free throws came at the end of the game, neither were even close to fouls.

It was so bad, TNT didn't even show the replay or talk about it.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 01:44 PM
5 of hardens free throws came at the end of the game, neither were even close to fouls.

I kept waiting for them to show he replay for the 3 pointer he fell down on. They showed it, but you couldnt see the contact or Harden in the frame.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Apparently it was the result of a Jason Kidd leg-kick by Harden that wasn't shown on the ESPN cameras. From what i read it was a blatant leg kick though. Thats Harden for ya. Work the refs, work the refs some more, and close out the game by working the refs.

nycericanguy
11-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Apparently it was the result of a Jason Kidd leg-kick by Harden that wasn't shown on the ESPN cameras. From what i read it was a blatant leg kick though. Thats Harden for ya. Work the refs, work the refs some more, and close out the game by working the refs.

and weren't the refs supposed to start "cracking down on that"?

That move, the swipe under that Kevin Martin did to THJR, they need to stop calling that.

Instead they are focusing on giving techs for players touching the ball after it goes through the hoop.

I mostly watched the 4th quarter so i cant attest to the rest, but it's crazy because every time down court my biggest fear was Harden was going to get FT's... and sure enough, that's how the refs decided the game.

AddiX
11-15-2013, 01:56 PM
I kept waiting for them to show he replay for the 3 pointer he fell down on. They showed it, but you couldnt see the contact or Harden in the frame.

Yeah I remember that now, seriously, WTF is this need for the NBA to built snd protect harden like this? On our home court none the less.

If melo got half of these kinds of calls you could easily add another 6-7 pts to his average.

I hate hack a hoe basketball, for now on hack Dwight all day, if you don't send him to the line, harden will be there anyway.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
and weren't the refs supposed to start "cracking down on that"?

That move, the swipe under that Kevin Martin did to THJR, they need to stop calling that.

Instead they are focusing on giving techs for players touching the ball after it goes through the hoop.

I mostly watched the 4th quarter so i cant attest to the rest, but it's crazy because every time down court my biggest fear was Harden was going to get FT's... and sure enough, that's how the refs decided the game.

I just wish they would at least force him to make a legitimate attempt at the rim and not continuously reward his human bumper cars act on the drive where the flings the ball over the backboard after bumping shoulders.

SouthSideRookie
11-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Did you guys even watch the game. Even Kerr said this year the point of emphasis is you have to give the shooter space to come down, and Felton didn't do so. I'm watching the replay, Harden didn't even come close to sticking his leg out.

nycericanguy
11-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Did you guys even watch the game. Even Kerr said this year the point of emphasis is you have to give the shooter space to come down, and Felton didn't do so. I'm watching the replay, Harden didn't even come close to sticking his leg out.

you don't decide a game like that. those kind of plays happen all the time in a game and don't get called.

I know Harden is on your team so you support him and that's cool, but for the other 29 teams it's sickening the amount of calls he gets and his constant fish out of water act.

spl3nda
11-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Where exactly are you watching this replay? I can't find it anywhere and they showed one AWFUL replay of it during the game that didn't even show the foul itself, just the shot.

Jenceman
11-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Melo needs to start flailing around like a little ***** to get them calls then

spl3nda
11-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Nevermind just found it on YouTube. Watched it over and over again & in my opinion it was a ridiculous over exaggeration of a fall on that play as Felton you can see avoids running into him by twisting. Harden falls to the ground and acts like he was just Terry Tate'd. I guess I can understand why the ref called the foul, though I think it's a bad call that late in the game when it could single handedly decide a game. That being said, I've lost so much respect for Harden watching his games recently, he flops way way way too much, it's so embarrassing to watch.

torocan
11-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Melo needs to start flailing around like a little ***** to get them calls then

If it's good enough for Wade, LBJ and CP3, then Melo needs to suck it up and take one for the team.

Hustla23
11-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Nevermind just found it on YouTube. Watched it over and over again & in my opinion it was a ridiculous over exaggeration of a fall on that play as Felton you can see avoids running into him by twisting. Harden falls to the ground and acts like he was just Terry Tate'd. I guess I can understand why the ref called the foul, though I think it's a bad call that late in the game when it could single handedly decide a game. That being said, I've lost so much respect for Harden watching his games recently, he flops way way way too much, it's so embarrassing to watch.
Harden is pretty damn annoying to watch. I felt terrible for him when he got KO'd by a World elbow, but last night had me hoping a few more elbows would come his way. :laugh2:

colinskik
11-15-2013, 02:51 PM

This right here, yes. They didn't even show the contact so i assumed it was a legit call, and then I saw Felton on the sideline pleading his case. Where was the replay? So many bogus calls last night.

TrueFan420
11-15-2013, 02:59 PM

Steph really... Dude rarely goes to the line

ghettosean
11-15-2013, 03:05 PM
I posted this in a different thread but it's relevant here also --> This is the type of crap that's ruining basketball... A bunch of guys flopping all over the ground and getting free throws/points or basically REWARDED because of it is not basketball. I'm sorry this is just not the game I grew up loving when I grew up and I won't pretend that it's never existed in the previous era's but you would see a handful of plays in a season not like now a days when you can flip to any game and see an array of players doing this now a days. Not just any average player either superstars...

Seriously just ruining the ****ing game!!!

I hope I'm dead when this crop of young guys get compared to the all time greats... Honestly I wish we could tally how many points they get on there all time points listing that were flops... Lebron, Wade, CP3, Harden all of them.

Seriously just ruining the ****ing game!!!

4milesperday
11-15-2013, 03:06 PM
If Kobe or Lebron are treated like Harden...the game won't be fair.

nycericanguy
11-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Melo was coming down court and scoring baskets with the defense draped all over him time and time again.

Meanwhile Harden scores 12 points in the 4th on just ONE made basket! the rest were all at the ft line!

It's ridiculous. And then you hear the stat heads say Harden is better than Melo because he's more efficient. Even though Melo shot a higher FG% & better from 3 last year because Harden gets more FT's. Harden's "efficiency" is in huge part because he gets so many more FT's than anyone else in the NBA.

Hustla23
11-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Melo was coming down court and scoring baskets with the defense draped all over him time and time again.

Meanwhile Harden scores 12 points in the 4th on just ONE made basket! the rest were all at the ft line!

It's ridiculous. And then you hear the stat heads say Harden is better than Melo because he's more efficient. Even though Melo shot a higher FG% & better from 3 last year because Harden gets more FT's. Harden's "efficiency" is in huge part because he gets so many more FT's than anyone else in the NBA.

If Houston draws OKC or the Clippers in the finals, I want to see if the refs will swallow the whistle for Harden and give favoritism to KD and CP3 instead. That would be pretty sweet.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Melo, does not get a lot of calls. I think part of the reason is that he bangs, pushes off, and hooks defenders a lot. If you are going to bang you are not going to get the call on very hack

and lets be honest. The leading FTA players SELL their fouls. Melo does not.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 03:29 PM

Uhm, Felton didn't come in contact with Harden's legs, so I don't know why you are giving Steve Kerr's explanation. Felton and Harden did some ET and Elliot finger touch **** and Harden fell over like he got gored from Rhyno.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Cause he's not a *****.

ghettosean
11-15-2013, 03:46 PM

This is not a car dealership it's the NBA you don't sell anything you are supposed to EARN IT!!!

It's not just you but there are so many people that buy into the whole he's got to sell it garbage... That's not basketball it's being a big pink *****!

ChiSox219
11-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Harden is so good at initiating contact when the defense is off balance, he really doesnt need to flop as often as he does. Superstar calls is a myth, you either are good at drawing contact or your not.

Half of Melo's shots last year came from beyond 15 feet and that's why he'll never lead the league in And 1s like Harden did.

Captain Moroni
11-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Melo was frustrated. People say things when heated. It all evens out in the end.

THE MTL
11-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Melo does get his calls but when Melo is fouled its always hard and he takes a considerable amount of contact on the majority of his calls.

James Harden drives to the basket and the refs are ready to blow the whistle.

kblo247
11-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Because he's a bear down there and not a *****

Bruno
11-15-2013, 07:54 PM
who doesn't?

championships
11-15-2013, 07:57 PM
That's the second Vet to come out and Mention Hardens ticky tack foul calls within a month. This just isn't something the fans are noticing.

Kashmir13579
11-15-2013, 08:29 PM

bingo

Blitzace137
11-15-2013, 08:34 PM
^^Agreed Ewing is right.

yungincome
11-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Glad Melo spoke up. The fine is worth it.

League is SOFT, baby shiet soft.

ohreally
11-15-2013, 09:25 PM

BUT

Knicks have been slapping arms for the past two years and it pretty much has been their defense.

Yankeefan213
11-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Knicks have been slapping arms for the past two years and it pretty much has been their defense.

Yeah we reach a **** load not gonna lie. JR and shump are the biggest offenders

FlashBolt
11-16-2013, 03:50 AM
Anthony is just frustrated. Granted, Harden does get plenty of free calls. However, you guys have a bleacher view and replays to watch constantly. In game, refs need to make quick decisions or else their job is in jeopardy. They can't make all the correct calls but they sure as hell do a damn good job at it. I guess I'm just appreciative of refs. Some are douchebags, but let's give them credit. It's a much tougher job than you think.