PDA

View Full Version : **** that non continuation call!!!!!

QueensG_718
11-15-2013, 12:10 AM
Idgaf ban me. I need to get my point across. Its like we don't have home court advantage. That was a continuation and we had that game won. **** these refs sucking on hardens balls. If it was him you can bet he would get the call. Smh I'm ****ing heated

alexander_37
11-15-2013, 12:14 AM
You mean that call they called correct?

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2013, 12:15 AM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/052009/1242225474_attempting_to_give_a_damn.gif

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:16 AM
Come on guy. No need for that here.

But that was not the correct call. You go by the foul that was actually called - you don't just say 'oh hay he was fouled earlier but there was no whistle but were gonna go by that foul after the replay and say it was a good call'.

The second foul was the foul that was whistled. The second foul was clearly a continuation. There is no debate.

*Superman*
11-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Sorry, need the Knicks to suck so the Magic can have your 1st round pick this year :p

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:18 AM
The Atlantic is going to be like the NFC East this year. If we can hover around .500 until Tyson comes back we will be fine. Just stop playing STAT and we will be fine. Those minutes are much better used elsewhere. The Bargs-Melo connection is money right now though.

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:18 AM
Sorry, need the Knicks to suck so the Magic can have your 1st round pick this year :p

We have traded so many picks I can't even keep track - how does that happen?

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Wait thats a ****ing reviewable play and they wouldn't review it? WTF???

JesusNYY_Savior
11-15-2013, 12:23 AM
We were clearly ****ed.. what else is new.. also didn't agree with the foul shots that harden got on the 3 he definitely flopped

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Wait thats a ****ing reviewable play and they wouldn't review it? WTF???

NBA refs arent reviewing that crap. Get real. They are the biggest idiots in modern sports.

QueensG_718
That **** was in motion. What more do they want. They (the refs) didn't expect that to go in. Again if it was harden (the refs *****) he would of got that call. He would of got 10 pts for that play.

*Superman*

Haha..from the Dwight trade. It's either the Knicks or Denver, second worst team has to give up their pick.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-orlando-magic-news-1110-20131109,0,2518929.story

alexander_37
NBA refs arent reviewing that crap. Get real. They are the biggest idiot in modern sports.

How ironic :laugh2:

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:27 AM
How ironic :laugh2:

you mean your signature? ;)

Yes I know on both accounts

alexander_37
11-15-2013, 12:29 AM
you mean your signature? ;)

Yes I know on both accounts

Umm....

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Our division is so bad I don't mind these losses while Tyson is out. Philly/Boston/Raps ain't winning this division. As long as we can stay in front of BK and I can continue getting good laughs out of them, while Bargs keeps tearing it up and I get occasional chuckles like I did at Dwight's expense tonight, I am ok with early season losses like this. I saw some good things - our D is always gonna struggle vs big time penetrators like Harden and Lin.

BTW, Parsons has one of the nastiest pump fakes in the league today. That kid is a beast.

PurpleJesus
11-15-2013, 12:33 AM
sweet idea. Lets have all the fans here start a thread when they think their team gets screwed over by a call.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Umm....

what exactly are Lakers fans seeing?.....what a weak post player Dwight is?

QueensG_718
11-15-2013, 12:36 AM
sweet idea. Lets have all the fans here start a thread when they think their team gets screwed over by a call.

I don't mind. We really got royally screwed. Question is. Do you agree or no?

John Walls Era
Idk. If I had bet on the Knicks instead, I would be mad. But I think thats the right call.

championships
Continuation is what I seen.

Hustla23
Whatevs. Seeing Bargnani run a clinic on Howard was entertainment enough for me. And in the end, isn't this all just for entertainment?

championships
11-15-2013, 12:38 AM
We are pretty much doing this :phew:

alexander_37
11-15-2013, 12:39 AM

Dwight Howard almost back to his Orlando days. shooting % is down a little but he is putting up a career high in rebounding.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't mind. We really got royally screwed. Question is. Do you agree or no?

if the call was really on the second hack then yes, but if it was on the first hack, then no.

i was watching the game on tv but they didn't say exactly which it was.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Idk. If I had bet on the Knicks instead, I would be mad. But I think thats the right call.

If they blew the whistle on the first foul, I would agree it's the right call, but they blew the whistle on the second foul.

It is what it is, the game's over, nothing you can do about it.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 12:42 AM
if the call was really on the second hack then yes, but if it was on the first hack, then no.

i was watching the game on tv but they didn't say exactly which it was.

I re-watched it a few times, they blew the whistle on the second foul. Oh well.

koreancabbage
We are pretty much doing this :phew:

lies. Healthy Pau and Dwight = pretty unstoppable front court.

both were not healthy last year. it was too bad to see something of greatness come together.

QueensG_718
I know man. Just mad to continually get ****ed by the refs

D-Leethal
11-15-2013, 12:45 AM

It was blatantly obvious it was on the second foul.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 12:46 AM

it was a pretty quick whistle - like i said before you see it and then you blow the whistle those two hacks were pretty much right after another after Melo finally gained control of the ball. there is no way we know as spectators from watching the tv unless specified by the commentators at the scorer's table.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 12:47 AM
It was blatantly obvious it was on the second foul.

I know. **** it.

Jenceman
11-15-2013, 12:49 AM
Dwight Howard almost back to his Orlando days. shooting % is down a little but he is putting up a career high in rebounding.

He's not even close to the Orlando days. PER is pretty low compared

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:49 AM
it was a pretty quick whistle - like i said before you see it and then you blow the whistle those two hacks were pretty much right after another after Melo finally gained control of the ball. there is no way we know as spectators from watching the tv unless specified by the commentators at the scorer's table.

Yes because everything that is said from the commentators at the scorers table must be right. :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid we might be watching with HDTV & DVR, this 2013 not 1913

QueensG_718
11-15-2013, 12:50 AM
I probably shouldnt have started this thread but man. That **** was a legit and 1.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Yes because everything that is said from the commentators at the scorers table must be right. :rolleyes:

Heaven forbid we might be watching with HDTV & DVR, this 2013 not 1913

b/c the commentators would hear what the reasoning would be from the refs on any call.

dear God the simple-mindedness of some fans.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 12:54 AM
b/c the commentators would hear what the reasoning would be from the refs on any call.

dear God the simple-mindedness of some fans.

the reasoning from the refs?!?!?!?!

I already know what their reasoning is. "We saw the foul on the first slap, therefore not a continuation"

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 12:59 AM
the reasoning from the refs?!?!?!?!

I already know what their reasoning is. "We saw the foul on the first slap, therefore not a continuation"

then? i don't know what we're arguing about since the first slap would not have been a continuation b/c he was not in the act of shooting.

that would have been a VERY slightly lenient continuation call. I mean if the refs said "second slap" but no continuation, then I would def side with what some of these fans on what they are complaining about lol.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 01:01 AM
then? i don't know what we're arguing about since the first slap would not have been a continuation b/c he was not in the act of shooting.

ur kidding right? :facepalm:

WHOOSH sails right over head

mightybosstone
11-15-2013, 01:03 AM
:violin:

I missed the part where I had any ****s to give about this.

ThunderousDemon
11-15-2013, 01:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Afc5mcKSk

I don't give a f......

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 01:05 AM
ur kidding right? :pity:

he finally got control of the ball. you going to tell me he was in the act of shooting after grabbing the ball i.e. just barely gaining the possession of the ball? he was turning his body but he was not the motion of shooting. if that was the case every play could be considered a motion of shooting.

Hustla23
11-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Yeah, it's kinda dumb to get worked up over one play. There were plenty of stupid things that the Knicks did that were a lot more frustrating than the refs not giving a continuation on a rainbow fadeaway three.

Also, the Rockets are capped out and don't seem to have too many assets to trade aside from Parsons and Asik and they aren't even close to contending. Dwight seems like a shell of himself out there. In Orlando he would manhandle the Knicks no problem. Nowadays he's getting ripped to shreds by guys like Andrea Bargnani. Bad sign for Rockets fans. But at least they went for it and managed to put Harden next to Dwight even if Dwight seems like he's regressing.

QueensG_718
11-15-2013, 01:07 AM
:violin:

I missed the part where I had any ****s to give about this.

Lol you gave enough ***** to comment

Kyben36
11-15-2013, 01:34 AM
there were a couple bad calls, on the steel in the highlights hardin was clearly fouled on the arm then elbowed in the head, no call, favor NY, the 3 pt shot i did not get a clear look, but if you make contact with a shooter it will get called, the Melo shot was a foul on the floor clearly, should have fouled earlier, no 3pt shots when down by 3, foul right away and make it a FT contest, If melo wasnt so stupid and didnt foul dwight within two minutes they would not have been in that situation. also looked to me like Bargs got alot of favorable calls against dwight, those in any other game could have gone either way. home court advantage does not mean the refs hand you the game QueensG. sorry if you think thats what home court means.

BenFrank
11-15-2013, 01:52 AM
IMO, the refs saw Harden intentionally foul Melo the first time, but by the time they blew the whistle Harden fouled him again.. so they gave him the call for the first foul he was trying to take, I think the ref was waiving the shot off before Melo even released it..

mjt20mik
11-15-2013, 02:41 AM
He fouled him first and by the time the whistle was blown he got fouled again, and then Melo put up the shot. Right call though, however the reaction time was a tad bit delayed.

amos1er
11-15-2013, 02:45 AM
Harden is the most overrated player in the NBA by far. The refs have to give him all the call to make up for the fact that he is just not panning out and living up to the hype.

spl3nda
11-15-2013, 03:24 AM
1. I wanted them to call the continuation as a Knicks fan
2. I understand why they didn't, though I don't think it would've been a bad call had they called it continuation
3. Blow a kiss at Harden and they'll give him shots at the line

ThaDubs
11-15-2013, 03:31 AM
What happened? Link?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-15-2013, 03:51 AM
that was the right call

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Our division is so bad I don't mind these losses while Tyson is out. Philly/Boston/Raps ain't winning this division. As long as we can stay in front of BK and I can continue getting good laughs out of them, while Bargs keeps tearing it up and I get occasional chuckles like I did at Dwight's expense tonight, I am ok with early season losses like this. I saw some good things - our D is always gonna struggle vs big time penetrators like Harden and Lin.

BTW, Parsons has one of the nastiest pump fakes in the league today. That kid is a beast.

lol, enjoy that little streak while it lasts

WARRIORS@GR
11-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Knicks fans feeling ****ed by the refs.Imagine if you were Warriors fans?

The call could go either way,i would give the benefit of the doubt to the offense though.

leprechaun5
11-15-2013, 08:10 AM
That was the correct call even though i had money on Knicks because of Kevin McFail and to be honest i don't think houston is close to being elite .Btw Bargnani is the GOAT .

Trueblue2
11-15-2013, 08:25 AM

As a Laker fan I feel your pain...

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2013, 08:48 AM
What a joke. OH well game 8 of an 82 game season. No biggie although harden gets EVERY CALL

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Check the sig.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 09:14 AM
For the refs to not even review it is amazing, though.

Yankeefan213
11-15-2013, 09:25 AM
For the refs to not even review it is amazing, though.

It's not reviewable

@HowardBeck: Foster: "Continuation is never reviewable unless itís a foul away from the ball, which is a new rule this year."

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 09:29 AM
It's not reviewable

@HowardBeck: Foster: "Continuation is never reviewable unless it’s a foul away from the ball, which is a new rule this year."

No wonder. I was wondering why they didn't. Thanks! :)

torocan
11-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Also, the Rockets are capped out and don't seem to have too many assets to trade aside from Parsons and Asik and they aren't even close to contending.

Oh really?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Rockets.htm

That's on top of Parsons, Asik, Beverley, Lin, Covington, Canaan and the rest of the reserves...

THIS is what not having any assets looks like....

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm

mightybosstone
11-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Two things....

First, it's clear that Harden fouled him prior to Melo ever getting set to take the shot. There were two hacks, and the first one was pretty much as soon as he caught the ball, which is likely the one the referee was blowing the whistle on. Just because there's a delay doesn't mean he was blowing the whistle on the second foul.

Secondly, I think continuation has gotten out of hand in the NBA. It's one thing if a guy gets fouled while he's driving to the basket and he get fouled right before going up for a layup. It's another for a guy to get fouled 30 feet from the basket, throw up a prayer a full second later and get lucky. If the Knicks had won the game on that play, I would have been livid.

koreancabbage
11-15-2013, 10:00 AM
Check the sig.

thats like the worse angle you could show in that play. watch in slow motion again from the other angle where you see the play in between Harden and Melo. first hack was not in the motion of shooting.

Ch0ZSeN1
11-15-2013, 10:14 AM
Lebron would have gotten that continuation all day!!! That guy consistently gets continuation calls ALL DAY!

kdspurman
11-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Refs just tend not to give that call when it looks like a team is intentionally trying to foul. Same when a team uses a foul to give, guys always just throw it up there. CP3 tries it all the time, and sometimes it looks like he should get the continuation, but the officials just do not call it.

mightybosstone
11-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Lebron would have gotten that continuation all day!!! That guy consistently gets continuation calls ALL DAY!

Considering that basketball games only last two and a half hours, I think him getting continuation calls "all day" would be very unlikely. In fact, most games are played at night, so aside from the occasional afternoon weekend games, he's only likely to get calls in that 6 p.m. to midnight time frame (depending on your timezone). That's hardly "all day."

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 10:39 AM
thats like the worse angle you could show in that play. watch in slow motion again from the other angle where you see the play in between Harden and Melo. first hack was not in the motion of shooting.

Harden did foul him two times, one was right when Melo caught it. I agree. BUT, you play the whistle. The whistle wasn't blown on the first foul, the whistle came on the second foul. I have it DVR'd and watched it multiple times. It is what it is though, nothing you can do about it. That's how the game is.

C_Mund
11-15-2013, 10:51 AM
So people are upset about the correct call being made via a late whistle?

Ch0ZSeN1
11-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Considering that basketball games only last two and a half hours, I think him getting continuation calls "all day" would be very unlikely. In fact, most games are played at night, so aside from the occasional afternoon weekend games, he's only likely to get calls in that 6 p.m. to midnight time frame (depending on your timezone). That's hardly "all day."

you missed your calling as a comedian.

deaner
11-15-2013, 11:06 AM
Knick fans throwing a hissy fit because the roster could never win the game? They were lucky they clawed back to make it close. Knicks should focus on the real problems and fix them instead of worry about external forces.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Knick fans throwing a hissy fit because the roster could never win the game? They were lucky they clawed back to make it close. Knicks should focus on the real problems and fix them instead of worry about external forces.

and just what are the "real" problems? just outta curiousity

Kyben36
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Check the sig.

your sig favors your side. its edidited, show the previous second as well where he bobbles the ball, gets fouled, regathers, and tries to shoot.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
your sig favors your side. its edidited, show the previous second as well where he bobbles the ball, gets fouled, regathers, and tries to shoot.

The ref called it on the slap. Harden slapped Melo right when he got the ball. The real call that was missed was when Harden was hugging Melo before the ball was inbounded. Should have been FT's and the ball.

Captain Moroni
11-15-2013, 12:15 PM
bad call, lets move on.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 12:18 PM

You play the whistle. Whistle wasn't blown on the first foul, it was blown on the second while Melo was in shooting motion. You can watch it again.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2013, 12:18 PM
bad call, lets move on.

Agreed.

Hustla23
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Oh really?

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Rockets.htm

That's on top of Parsons, Asik, Beverley, Lin, Covington, Canaan and the rest of the reserves...

THIS is what not having any assets looks like....

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Knicks.htm
Dude, I was just trying to troll Rockets fans man.

Why'd you have to show me that second link? :cry:

WSU Tony
11-15-2013, 01:05 PM
There were two fouls. The earlier one which didn't get an immediate whistle then the later one which "would have" been continuation. If the ref blew the whistle earlier it wouldn't have been such a mess.

king4day
11-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Forgot to post that I closed this. I don't think I need to give a reason.