PDA

View Full Version : Boston Resetting ????

Kyben36
11-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Im going to bring this up only because History Repeats itself. The Boston Celtics went into the 2007 Season by Trading a lot of Young not necessarily overly talented players for 2 of the key components that went into getting them a championship in 2008. Looking down their current roster, it seems to me like they are in a way setting themselves up in a similar Fashion. They seem to me like they have a ton of OK Pieces that would look good in a larger trade if set up properly

Branden Bass
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Avery Bradley
Jordan Crawford
Marshon Brooks
Kelly Olynyk
Jarred Sullinger

not to mention the larger filler type contracts of Kris Humphries or Gerrald Wallace

Everyone keeps bringing up the idea that the Boston Celtics trade Rajon Rondo and Rebuild, but my question is is it not as likely that they use Rajon Rondo as their Paul Pierce and try to make a similar mover as to what they did in 2007. building around him and trading away the talent they have.

if you think this is an option, who do you think those Marque type guys that they could go after are. i dont see anyone of the quality of Garnett or Ray Allen out on the market, but who could they go after and try and rebuild that team.

leprechaun5
11-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Im going to bring this up only because History Repeats itself. The Boston Celtics went into the 2007 Season by Trading a lot of Young not necessarily overly talented players for 2 of the key components that went into getting them a championship in 2008. Looking down their current roster, it seems to me like they are in a way setting themselves up in a similar Fashion. They seem to me like they have a ton of OK Pieces that would look good in a larger trade if set up properly

Branden Bass
Jeff Green
Courtney Lee
Avery Bradley
Jordan Crawford
Marshon Brooks
Kelly Olynyk
Jarred Sullinger

not to mention the larger filler type contracts of Kris Humphries or Gerrald Wallace

Everyone keeps bringing up the idea that the Boston Celtics trade Rajon Rondo and Rebuild, but my question is is it not as likely that they use Rajon Rondo as their Paul Pierce and try to make a similar mover as to what they did in 2007. building around him and trading away the talent they have.

if you think this is an option, who do you think those Marque type guys that they could go after are. i dont see anyone of the quality of Garnett or Ray Allen out on the market, but who could they go after and try and rebuild that team.

Rondo is no Paul Pierce ,you can't build a team around rondo.

He needs to be traded and Danny knows that i think

Sportfan
11-14-2013, 12:03 AM
None of the guys you mentioned had the raw potential of 22 year old Al Jefferson or even 21 year olds Gerald Green & Sebastian Telfair. Even then, Minny was desperate. The Celtics would need to surrender multiple picks that they just received along with the best possible combo of young players to net anything close to a franchise player

Pierzynski4Prez
11-14-2013, 12:30 AM
None of the guys you mentioned had the raw potential of 22 year old Al Jefferson or even 21 year olds Gerald Green & Sebastian Telfair. Even then, Minny was desperate. The Celtics would need to surrender multiple picks that they just received along with the best possible combo of young players to net anything close to a franchise player

Add in the what, #5 pick they sent to Seattle for Allen.

kobe4thewinbang
11-14-2013, 11:18 AM
The Celtics seem to be going back to their "miss the playoffs by far" years. Pierce had to suffer through that, and it luckily got him a ring eventually, but I hope Rondo gets traded to a better situation.