PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Playoff Contender: Phoenix Suns?

Drummond#1
11-10-2013, 11:25 PM
I just watched them win their fifth game in style. Markieff Morris looks like a star in the making. Not to mention Dragic, Bledsoe and Marcus are all primed to be solid NBA players. Do you think they have a chance at the playoffs in this weakened Western Conference?

From what I've seen they look a lot better than everyone outside of Minny, LAC, Houston, GSW, and OKC.

TrueFan420
11-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Way too soon... Just like the 76ers they will come back down to earth.

WARRIORS@GR
11-11-2013, 12:36 AM
Are they better than the Spurs too?

True Sports Fan
11-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Are they better than the Spurs too?

Apparently Suns > Heat, Spurs.

TheMightyHumph
11-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Way too soon... Just like the 76ers they will come back down to earth.

Suns are deeper than the Sixers

Clippersfan86
11-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Bledsoe= finals MVP 2017.

TrueFan420
11-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Bledsoe= finals MVP 2017.

Your crazy man... Bledsoe = this years final MVP

Bishnoff
11-11-2013, 01:16 AM
We have a fairly easy schedule early on, but we should come back down to earth soon.

Bledsoe, Kieff, Green, and Plumlee are all playing better than expected.

Drummond#1
11-11-2013, 01:24 AM
Damn. Trying to show some love to another up and coming team...
Honestly forgot about the Spurs though. You're pessimism is palpable.
Oh well guess I should follow suit and make Lebron and Steph Curry are gods threads like everyone else. Maybe stroke a little homerism too.

Drummond#1
11-11-2013, 01:25 AM
And also... The Clips will fall.

king4day
11-11-2013, 01:38 AM
I don't think the Suns will come back down to earth to where experts predict we'll be.
While I want a high lottery pick, I think we'll finish fighting for the 8th seed at worst. Had Dragic not been injured, we'd likely have defeated the Thunder and Spurs too.

Teams have to know that, if you are playing the Suns, you have to play 48 minutes. If you go in thinking it's an easy win, we will romp you. That's been the story so far.
OKC and the Spurs have the pedigree to overcome it but the rest didn't.

While Bledsoe playing well isn't a shocker, Markieff Morris and Plumlee's play have been. Morris, as of now, would be in the running for 6th man and most improved.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2013, 02:25 AM
And also... The Clips will fall.

How can they fall when they are 4-3 and still nowhere near cohesive or familiar with the system yet? Makes no sense at all.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2013, 02:26 AM
I don't think the Suns will come back down to earth to where experts predict we'll be.
While I want a high lottery pick, I think we'll finish fighting for the 8th seed at worst. Had Dragic not been injured, we'd likely have defeated the Thunder and Spurs too.

Teams have to know that, if you are playing the Suns, you have to play 48 minutes. If you go in thinking it's an easy win, we will romp you. That's been the story so far.
OKC and the Spurs have the pedigree to overcome it but the rest didn't.

While Bledsoe playing well isn't a shocker, Markieff Morris and Plumlee's play have been. Morris, as of now, would be in the running for 6th man and most improved.

Suns are one of those very gritty teams that although they may not make the playoffs yet.. they are rarely going to get blown out and are always going to play grimy and compete. Every time this year I've thought maybe they would get blown out (like vs Spurs) they either won or barely lost.

Clippersfan86
11-11-2013, 02:29 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1909029/blockso_medium.gif

Bledsoe destroys Davis' shot against the glass.

Kushed
11-11-2013, 02:34 AM
They've definitely been a surprise and seem to have a solid team there that will put up a fight every night but I don't think they will keep up with that play.

Crackadalic
11-11-2013, 03:00 AM
They are playing well but like the sixers they will come back down to earth

NoahH
11-11-2013, 12:36 PM
I dont think we'll see them in the playoffs, but I wouldnt be surprised if they go 42-40 and finish 9th or 10th in the West. Bledsoe looks like a legit #1 option and Markeiff Morris (while he is shooting 75% in his past 3 games and wont keep it up) is looking like a good #2 option.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I dont think we'll see them in the playoffs, but I wouldnt be surprised if they go 42-40 and finish 9th or 10th in the West. Bledsoe looks like a legit #1 option and Markeiff Morris (while he is shooting 75% in his past 3 games and wont keep it up) is looking like a good #2 option.

same way I feel about Miami, they wont get past the pacers. the pacers aren't the little brother LeBron can push around anymore

2-ONE-5
11-11-2013, 01:31 PM
i sure hope so! but realistically no they will struggle soon. Sixers and Suns will fall back where they belong and compete for the top pick.

todu82
11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
It's only November yet but I'll admit to being surprised by both the 76ers and Suns thus far. Let's see if they keep it up as the season goes on.

TheMightyHumph
11-11-2013, 01:53 PM
same way I feel about Miami, they wont get past the pacers. the pacers aren't the little brother LeBron can push around anymore

Was that meant for this thread?

leprechaun5
11-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I think the suns have the worst roster in the league .

TheMightyHumph
11-11-2013, 02:24 PM

People think a lot of things

ManRam
11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
The Suns and 76ers are still what we think they are. Young guys and players with chips on their shoulders can sustain a high level of play for a short amount of time, but in the long run talent wins out and there just isn't enough on either of these team's rosters.

Minny got to 5-2 last year and finished 31-51.
Orlando was 12-13 in late December and went 8-49 to finish the season.
Charlotte was 6-4 early on, and went 15-57 after that.

You get the point.

Neither team will sniff the playoffs.

2-ONE-5
11-11-2013, 02:30 PM

agreed. they are just overachieving right now

TheMightyHumph
11-11-2013, 02:35 PM
The Suns and 76ers are still what we think they are. Young guys and players with chips on their shoulders can sustain a high level of play for a short amount of time, but in the long run talent wins out and there just isn't enough on either of these team's rosters.

You get the point.

You could very well be correct

NoahH
11-11-2013, 02:43 PM

Wait what? I was tlaking about Phoenix not making the playoffs?What does that have to do with Miami not being able to beat Indiana? I agree with that but still

IndyRealist
11-11-2013, 02:45 PM
I disagree that the Suns will drastically decline. The Suns are young with players that had either little PT last year, or are in completely new roles. There is NO WAY any reasonable person could say they predicted the Suns would start so well, but conversely there is no way anyone could predict them being a lottery team either. There is simply not enough information to decide. Sports "experts" are bs.

Furymaker
11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
they are fun to watch , Bledsoe looks like Rose/Westbrook type of guard , he can score , pass and play some amazing D , his athletic ability is up there with those two , if not better . Dragic is great real PG who can score , he can only improve , Morris brothers are great , Markieff is actually really great so far , much better than I though he will be , Plumlee is probably playing bit better than expected , but there's no reason to doubt his ability , as season progress i can see him only better , Green is good overall , if Alex Len gets healthy suns should have no troubles making playoffs , they seem better than most of teams in West ( like 7th or 8th seed ) .

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 04:20 PM

You get the point.

wait wasn't love hurt last season?

maybe the suns make the 8th spot or they get the worst record in the west. no one knows for certain but you can make an educated guess by looking at the small sampling of 7 games thus far.

their d ranks 9th
opp points allowed - 9th
opp fg - 6th
opp 3pt - 8th
block - 8th
steal - 7th
rebounds - 12th

i don't think a team under a new coach and new philosophy thus far all of a sudden change for the worse overnight. now injuries can change all that but that's with any team. without LeBron, the heat miss the playoffs.

so i guess i don't get your point

leprechaun5
11-11-2013, 04:21 PM
they are fun to watch , Bledsoe looks like Rose/Westbrook type of guard , he can score , pass and play some amazing D , his athletic ability is up there with those two , if not better . Dragic is great real PG who can score , he can only improve , Morris brothers are great , Markieff is actually really great so far , much better than I though he will be , Plumlee is probably playing bit better than expected , but there's no reason to doubt his ability , as season progress i can see him only better , Green is good overall , if Alex Len gets healthy suns should have no troubles making playoffs , they seem better than most of teams in West ( like 7th or 8th seed ) .

There's no way the suns can make the playoffs ,they might not finish as the worst team but no way they're making the playoffs.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I disagree that the Suns will drastically decline. The Suns are young with players that had either little PT last year, or are in completely new roles. There is NO WAY any reasonable person could say they predicted the Suns would start so well, but conversely there is no way anyone could predict them being a lottery team either. There is simply not enough information to decide. Sports "experts" are bs.

if i had to pick between sixers or suns making the playoffs, i would have to say the sixers because the west is tougher.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 04:26 PM
There's no way the suns can make the playoffs ,they might not finish as the worst team but no way they're making the playoffs.

would you still feel the same way if the suns were 7-0? because they weren't that far off from beating okc and spurs hadn't dragic been hurt. just saying.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Lololol. I remember when the Cavs had a better record than the Heat the first year after Lebron left like 16 games into the season. The Cavs ended up having one of the worst records in the league.

They are off to a nice start but they'll still be under 500 by the end of the season and will be a top lottery team.

MonroeFAN
11-11-2013, 04:36 PM

Ooooooh the irony

PHX is solid, they should be able to take Denver's spot.

sunsfan88
11-11-2013, 04:37 PM
Jeff Hornacek for Coach of the Year.

WES KOAST
11-11-2013, 04:43 PM
Ooooooh the irony

PHX is solid, they should be able to take Denver's spot.

Denver's spot? Denver has like one of the worst records lol

MonroeFAN
11-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Denver's spot? Denver has like one of the worst records lol

:clap:

Take their spot from last season.

2-ONE-5
11-11-2013, 06:32 PM
lol no way PHX is sniffing the playoffs but im pulling for em

king4day
11-12-2013, 12:04 AM
Most people who are judging likely haven't seen a minute of the Suns play this year.

They aren't just having a player get hot each night or getting lucky that the team we're playing is having an off night. The defense has been very good. Suffocating at times.
We traded Gortat because Plumlee was playing as well as he was for practically a tenth of the price. He still is (if not better).
Markieff Morris was just named the Wests player of the week (first Sun to get this since Amar'e I think 5 or so years ago).

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 10 Nov
Markieff Morris, with 23 tonight, is the first #Suns reserve to score 23 or more in 3 consecutive games since Dan Majerle in January 1995.

Morris has been efficient and no longer lingers at the 3pt line. He's playing like a true PF.
Not to mention, Bledsoe is playing MVP ball right now.

History says we'll come back down to earth but it says something when, before the season, we were the team everyone marked on their calendar as a surefire win. Now we're the team nobody wants to play.

lol, please
11-12-2013, 01:47 AM
Lolsuns. Surprise contenders are the warriors.

sunsfan88
11-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Surprise to who? I think most people expect them to be contenders especially after they gave Igoudala that contract.

EL_MACHETE
11-12-2013, 11:25 AM
They have a nice young team. Loving the Morris brothers in Phoenix
I still would rather them to hit up the lottery and hopefully they can add another great player in the draft

WES KOAST
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM

warriors aren't a surprise. I picked them to be in the wcf but with curry and his injury issues I don't know anymore. them losing jack and not having a vet leader to run that 2nd unit really hurt their chances.

Bishnoff
11-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Surprise to who? I think most people expect them to be contenders especially after they gave Igoudala that contract.

This. Only people "surprised" about the Warriors have been living under a rock.