PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard Accepting Responsibility For Once

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Not.

When is this guy going to be a man and accept some of his failures? Thats what keeping his teams from doing well. He messes up all the locker-rooms chemistry (he had that one good run with the Magic, but thats because the teams second best player -- Hedo, probably didn't understand all the whining and *****ing in English).

Dwight Howard after the game:

"WE missed some free throws"

LOL He shot 5-for-16 (31.3 pct). Rest of his team shot 28-for-36 (77.8 pct).

On the last play:

"Guys just messed up on the play...it happens".
Dwight seen standing there like a moron as his PGs get set with screens.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/398698104699883520

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Also I do like watching the Rockets (use to at least when they had Yao and Tracy) so I'm not just hating for no reason.

As for last play of the Lakers game, its clearly Dwights fault:

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/820341308.gif

HYFR
11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
I didn't particularly like him running around laughing trying not to get fouled lol. That just did not look right. As an opponent it shows he has zero confidence in his ft shooting

ManRam
11-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Moved to the Dwight Howard (Spawn of Satan?) Forum...

Stunner
11-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Lol oh Howard

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Howards a straight joke, and one of the most over rated players of the decade!

Hawkize31
11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Dwight Howard is garbage. For a so-called superstar in the NBA, hes a joke.

ThuglifeJ
11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
I didn't particularly like him running around laughing trying not to get fouled lol. That just did not look right. As an opponent it shows he has zero confidence in his ft shooting

I Actually thought that was hilarious. But his quote of guys messed up on play was not..

He did say his ft shooting was terrible and he needs to improve after these quotes tho

ManRam
11-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah...if you read or listen to the whole interview there's nothing really here. Quotes out of context always can tell a misleading story. He takes accountability later on.

kdspurman
11-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I think I understand the whole "we" thing is him trying to stay team oriented. I think just like if the team did bad but he did good and they won, he would also say we played well enough to win or something to that effect.

I think that team needs some sort of veteran player to be a voice of reason/mentoring. I mean watching Harden just walk around in that game cause a play was called for Lin and not him was really embarrassing. Obviously if they could grow together and figure stuff out, that'd be great. Still very early so it's possible

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-09-2013, 02:48 PM
This Dwight hate is getting a bit out of hand don't ya think?

I mean, I don't love the guy, but this is getting ridiculous lol.

nastynice
11-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Also I do like watching the Rockets (use to at least when they had Yao and Tracy) so I'm not just hating for no reason.

Is that really dwight's fault? The center is expected to guard a shooter outside the 3 point line? If so, that sounds more like the coach's fault...

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 02:58 PM

No it wasn't. The guy guarding Blake got caught on a screen. It was definitely not Dwight's fault.

The missed free throws however. Were definitely Dwight's fault.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM
This Dwight hate is getting a bit out of hand don't ya think?

I mean, I don't love the guy, but this is getting ridiculous lol.
I agree. The only really bad thing he has done is what he did to Orlando. That was a bad year and a half span out of a 10 year career. I was upset with him last year because I thought he was dogging it. But he ids playing pretty much the same this year. Maybe his back affected him to where He won't be the same.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 03:17 PM
The sad thing is I don't like Dwight. I think what he did to Orlando was 10x worse than what LBJ did to Cleveland, but when you just slander everything the guy does... I mean come on. OP is making up some story how Dwight is suppose to guard Blake when it's clearly Beverly.

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 03:21 PM
The sad thing is I don't like Dwight. I think what he did to Orlando was 10x worse than what LBJ did to Cleveland, but when you just slander everything the guy does... I mean come on. OP is making up some story how Dwight is suppose to guard Blake when it's clearly Beverly.

Is that really dwight's fault? The center is expected to guard a shooter outside the 3 point line? If so, that sounds more like the coach's fault...

Don't get me started on Mcfail.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 03:22 PM
When you start trashing every aspect of someones game just because you don't like someone. Dwight has done nothing wrong in Houston. They actually started better than I expected. I don't see this team meshing instantly. James Harden has never played with a big man like Dwight, and if anyone thought the Rockets were going to come out of the gate dominating they haven't been paying attention for all the big teams created in the last few years. None of these guys have been playing together for an extended amount of time, and the coaches have to feel out their team, and grow accustomed to what they're good at, and what works.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Yes. I made up the story. I made up the Lakers winning. I made up the picks being set. I made up that Dwight is a moron, but in fact hes a genius. Its a standard defensive scheme to switch on all picks.

It's clearly Beverley's guy. Yet you insist that Dwight isn't suppose to be guarding closer to the basket in a game the Lakers were only down by 2.

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 03:32 PM
It's clearly Beverley's guy. Yet you insist that Dwight isn't suppose to be guarding closer to the basket in a game the Lakers were only down by 2.

Beverley got picked as well. It was a brilliant move by Antoni

DallasTrilla23
11-09-2013, 03:46 PM
I thought it was Beverly's fault on the last play. If Howard left Pau to contest the shot any sooner then Pau would of had an open dunk. The free throws were all him though.

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 04:01 PM
I thought it was Beverly's fault on the last play. If Howard left Pau to contest the shot any sooner then Pau would of had an open dunk. The free throws were all him though.

Depends what Mcfail wanted, BUT Parsons job was to stop easy layups based on where he was defending.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Beverley got picked as well. It was a brilliant move by Antoni

Which is in what way Dwight's fault? How is any of that blame on Dwight? Why are you trolling Rockets fans by calling their coach Mcfail? Why did you make a thread to falsely accuse Dwight of messing up on a play, and then move toward making fun of the Rockets coach? What your problem?

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Depends what Mcfail wanted, BUT Parsons job was to stop easy layups based on where he was defending.

Was that your first basketball game you ever watched? You really think Parsons who's guarding the inbounder was suppose to leave the 3 pt threat open on the wing in order to guard the paint? Instead of Dwight Howard? That's ridiculous. Way to complain about coaching and prove you have no idea what happened in that play.

You're clearly just trolling.

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 04:40 PM
Was that your first basketball game you ever watched? You really think Parsons who's guarding the inbounder was suppose to leave the 3 pt threat open on the wing in order to guard the paint? Instead of Dwight Howard? That's ridiculous. Way to complain about coaching and prove you have no idea what happened in that play.

You're clearly just trolling.

lol I guess you watch a lot of games but have no idea how basketball is played. Parson's job was definitely to stop any cutters. You could see that he kept turning his head.

Now continue to educate us with your knowledge, great basketball coach of the internet. :worthy:

Sly Guy
11-09-2013, 04:50 PM
yeah this is a bit of a stretch. We're talking about the difference of a single word in a sentence, one out of 82+ times he says it a year.

lol, please
11-09-2013, 05:12 PM
lol I guess you watch a lot of games but have no idea how basketball is played. Parson's job was definitely to stop any cutters. You could see that he kept turning his head.

Now continue to educate us with your knowledge, great basketball coach of the internet. :worthy:

:clap:

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM

Any cutters? Is that why right after the ball is thrown in Parson steps directly into the corner to prevent the three from Meeks? Common sense doesn't work here?

You don't have to be a genius to figure out what happened on his play.

Lin was on Nash, and Beverly was on Blake. Dwight was on Pau. While Parsons was on the inbounder Meeks, and Harden was on Wesley Johnson.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't even know what you mean that it's his job to stop any cutters. Parsons back is to the basket guarding meeks. He's in no way in position to guard the hoop. Admit you're wrong and move on. Stop trolling.

Bruno
11-09-2013, 05:45 PM
that play wasn't really anyones fault. give credit to the Lakers and steve blake for executing properly. the loss was on dwight and his horrible free throw shooting but not because of his defense on the inbound play.

Asik's better
11-09-2013, 06:02 PM
that play wasn't really anyones fault. give credit to the Lakers and steve blake for executing properly. the loss was on dwight and his horrible free throw shooting but not because of his defense on the inbound play.

This, I mean Dwight is right there when the shot is taken, it just so happened Blake decided to hit a once in a life time shot. As it's been said earlier the Dwight hate is getting over the top. I get it, people don't like him for what he did in Orlando, but to pick apart everything he does and say just to find a way to hate him is a little excessive.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 06:24 PM

This. More of a good play rather than blown defense, but the guy who was on him was definitely suppose to be Beverley

P&GRealist
11-09-2013, 08:58 PM
This, I mean Dwight is right there when the shot is taken, it just so happened Blake decided to hit a once in a life time shot. As it's been said earlier the Dwight hate is getting over the top. I get it, people don't like him for what he did in Orlando, but to pick apart everything he does and say just to find a way to hate him is a little excessive.

Once in a life time shot? Didn't Blake hit the game winner in game 3 of the 2012 1st rd @ Denver to give the Lakers a 2-1 edge?

And he was given that same opportunity in game 2 @ OKC of that next round but it didn't go in.

I'm not the biggest Blake fan, but the guy has been entrusted in those situations before. So for the Rockets to not get on that, and for Dwight, who was a teammate of Blake's for 1 season to not anticipate that either, is really ignorant and flat out dumb.

amos1er
11-09-2013, 09:03 PM
It's all for show. He will pop off again before you know it.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Once in a life time shot? Didn't Blake hit the game winner in game 3 of the 2012 1st rd @ Denver to give the Lakers a 2-1 edge?

And he was given that same opportunity in game 2 @ OKC of that next round but it didn't go in.

I'm not the biggest Blake fan, but the guy has been entrusted in those situations before. So for the Rockets to not get on that, and for Dwight, who was a teammate of Blake's for 1 season to not anticipate that either, is really ignorant and flat out dumb.

:facepalm:

It wasn't his man. We've already been over this. It's Dwight's job in that situation to guard the basket/Pau. Beverly got caught on a screen, and Lin was guarding nash while Parsons was on the inbounder.

PowerHouse
11-09-2013, 10:59 PM
How many Dwight Howard threads does PSD have going on right now for christ sake? Can we please cut down on giving that fool so much attention? He aint even all that.