PDA

View Full Version : Lakers 15 Free Throw Attempts, Rockets 52 Free Throw Attempts... WTF!!!

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:33 AM
When is the last time we saw a free throw disparity of this magnitude? Could the NBA be anymore obvious? They want desperately for the Rockets to be a success and for Harden to be a legit superstar at any cost. Harden alone shot 16 free throw attempts which is one more than the entire Lakers team shot. It was truly disgusting to watch at times. Glad the Lakers still won despite this game being called completely one sided. Karma is a *****... Thoughts?

big_w
11-08-2013, 06:38 AM
There was definitely bias there. The rockets had home court advantage, for one.

It's also due to the rockets' offense: harden and lin attack the basket. Howard is going to take a lot of shots right at the rim also. Parsons hasn't been shooting all that well and has been driving to the basket also.

Meanwhile, the lakers relied almost completely on a long range 3 point game.

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:42 AM
There was definitely bias there. The rockets had home court advantage, for one.

It's also due to the rockets' offense: harden and lin attack the basket. Howard is going to take a lot of shots right at the rim also. Parsons hasn't been shooting all that well and has been driving to the basket also.

Meanwhile, the lakers relied almost completely on a long range 3 point game.

Come on man. Harden was babied all game long. I have never seen anything like it. He would get a touch foul on one end and then on the other the Lakers were getting mugged in similar scenarios with no call. Shame on the Rockets for losing a game that the refs were trying their best to gift wrap for them.

kblo247
11-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Boston LA 2008 finals game 2 - 38 to 10 comes in mind

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:44 AM
I did find it funny however when the commentators were trashing Harden for his poor defense throughout the game and when Barkley ripped Dwight a new one during the half time show. Lol.

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Boston LA 2008 finals game 2 - 38 to 10 comes in mind

2004 NBA finals were pretty bad too. 60 more FTA for the Pistons for a five game series. Good for an NBA record.

sunsfan88
11-08-2013, 06:46 AM
How many of those FTs for Houston came from Hack a Dwight though?

Come on man, you have to be at least somewhat objective.

big_w
11-08-2013, 06:50 AM
I did find it funny however when the commentators were trashing Harden for his poor defense throughout the game and when Barkley ripped Dwight a new one during the half time show. Lol.

I don't recall barkley "ripping" howard. Shaq and Barkley both said that if they were playing against a former team, they'd have a ton of motivation and would make every effort to play at an incredibly high level. They implied, but did not state, that dwight was too nice and not competitive enough.

This is hardly "ripping" howard; it was a very tame way of saying that dwight is not as competitive as he could be, and only by way of innuendo, not direct accusation.

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:51 AM

6 actually. Dwight was 1/6 during the hack a Dwight period of the game. Even if you take away those six, thats still 46 to 15 in favor of the Rockets. Over three times as many. How the **** do you lose with that much of an advantage? Harden shot 16 all by himself, which is one more than the entire Lakers team shot... How do you explain that?

amos1er
11-08-2013, 06:52 AM
I don't recall barkley "ripping" howard. Shaq and Barkley both said that if they were playing against a former team, they'd have a ton of motivation and would make every effort to play at an incredibly high level. They implied, but did not state, that dwight was too nice and not competitive enough.

This is hardly "ripping" howard; it was a very tame way of saying that dwight is not as competitive as he could be, and only by way of innuendo, not direct accusation.

Chuck also said he had no post moves.

big_w
11-08-2013, 06:52 AM

Well, this is why he didn't mention lin being fouled at the end of the game. It would destroy his "conspiracy" argument.

big_w
11-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Chuck also said he had no post moves.

So you admit that Barkley didn't "rip" dwight and that you just made that up. OK, well that's a start.

I don't recall Barkley saying that howard had no post moves. What Barkley DID say was that howard would benefit from working with mchale, since mchale was the greatest post player barkley had ever played against.

You have a very active imagination however, and I enjoy reading your fictitious accounts of events.

Saddletramp
11-08-2013, 07:43 AM
The Lakers shot a ton of threes.
Rockets were not hitting their threes and drove the lane repeatedly because the Lakers have no interior defense.

Yup, that's about it.

LeperMessiah
11-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Oh noes.... This will surely rob the lakers the championship now.

archdevil84
11-08-2013, 07:53 AM
another great example of how james harden gets every call when he goes to the basket no matter if theres even contact or not he just gets FTs

PhillyFaninLA
11-08-2013, 07:54 AM
How about you don't foul the other team and you drive the lane more.....maybe that will make it closer.

Please the NBA is not fixed, there is no conspiracy, this was not personal.....if you are a fan of the game and don't just like to wine get over things like this...your team nor you are a victim

moshy2
11-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Poor Lakers. Always on the bad side of the officiating. Can never catch a break

Swashcuff
11-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Howard and Harden alone got to the line a combined 32 times (6 of which came from Hack a Howard) that has been the NORM with those players because of their style of play. For anyone who watched the game with a basic knowledge of basketball and an objective eye they'd know that there was nothing wrong with the officiating last night since that's how the game is usually called.

LeperMessiah
11-08-2013, 08:46 AM
another great example of how james harden gets every call when he goes to the basket no matter if theres even contact or not he just gets FTs

That's his fault how?

ldawg
11-08-2013, 08:54 AM
Henry pau and farmar were being hacked not to forget harden hitting Meeks as he drove pass him. Yes lakers shot a lot of 3s but they also tried to drive to the lane my thinking at the time is that it was Henry and not harden. The game had bias calls but they did shoot a lot of 3s

tmacsc2
11-08-2013, 09:09 AM
He had way more than 6 free throws during the hack a Howard part of the game. And he didn't go 1 for 6 I saw him make 2/2 twice I believe. He had prolly about 5/6 (10/12) attempts in a span of about 4 minutes. This is coming from a lakers fan...... The same lakers who cheated against the kings in 2001 or something like that where the disparity was ridiculous just like this. GTFO.

tmacsc2
11-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Hardens beard, man I'm telling you guys he throws it in the air and it puts a huge effect on the thinking of what the refs are seeing.

Also just looked at the game play by play and Howard had 10 attempts going 5-10 during hack a Howard now also add in how many times the lakers grabbed or intentionally fouls Howard on a shot attempt and also the other rockets players and the disparity would go way down. This sing a big deal.

therealwd27
11-08-2013, 09:36 AM
When is the last time we saw a free throw disparity of this magnitude? Could the NBA be anymore obvious? They want desperately for the Rockets to be a success and for Harden to be a legit superstar at any cost. Harden alone shot 16 free throw attempts which is one more than the entire Lakers team shot. It was truly disgusting to watch at times. Glad the Lakers still won despite this game being called completely one sided. Karma is a *****... Thoughts?

Wow imagine this was a playoff game and the other team was going to win because of it and then a ref admitted that the game was fixed -_-

Drink it all up bud. Only a taste of what king fans feel.

Htownballa1622
11-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Such a dumb thread. Wouldn't expect anything less.

torocan
11-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Asik + Dwight shot 22 FT's. Most of those were intentional fouls by the Lakers.

Starting from there, you're looking at a 15-30 FT disparity.

Aside from that, the Lakers shot a lot more jump shots than the Rockets. The Lakers attempted 35 3pt shots, the Rockets attempted 27 3pt shots.

Yes, Harden gets some calls (16 FTA), but he usually averages 10 FT/game. Attribute a few of those to home cooking and superstar calls (the Lakers should know all about that). In the end, given that the Rockets are a driving heavy team, it shouldn't be surprising at all.

Outside of Harden, Asik, Howard and Lin, the Rockets got a grand total of 8 FTA's. The numbers really aren't as out of whack as you imply.

big_w
11-08-2013, 10:03 AM
There is no logical basis to the accusation that the lakers were treated unfairly.

What's bizarre however, is how bitter lakers fans are that dwight left.

After all, they rail endlessly against dwight, calling him a "coward," immature, passive-aggressive, a terrible offensive center, that he can't win a championship, that he throws everyone under the bus, etc.

If he is really that terrible, then shouldn't lakers fans be THRILLED that he is gone? Instead, they obsess over his departure, even though he left months ago, and cannot stop talking about him still.

The real problem is that lakers fans remain obsessed with dwight howard, in odd juxtaposition to their claims that he is a horrible person and a terrible player (at least on the offensive end).

Asik + Dwight shot 22 FT's. Most of those were intentional fouls by the Lakers.

Starting from there, you're looking at a 15-30 FT disparity.

Aside from that, the Lakers shot a lot more jump shots than the Rockets. The Lakers attempted 35 3pt shots, the Rockets attempted 27 3pt shots.

Yes, Harden gets some calls (16 FTA), but he usually averages 10 FT/game. Attribute a few of those to home cooking and superstar calls (the Lakers should know all about that). In the end, given that the Rockets are a driving heavy team, it shouldn't be surprising at all.

Outside of Harden, Asik, Howard and Lin, the Rockets got a grand total of 8 FTA's. The numbers really aren't as out of whack as you imply.

ManRam
11-08-2013, 10:25 AM
amos1er, whining at all times, even after a win....

lakerfan85
11-08-2013, 10:27 AM
There was a few times harden got the benefit of the call and the Lakers had a few of no calls go there way but oh well...

4milesperday
11-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Other than 4 or 5 fouls they called for Harden, the game was well reffed. Harden does get a lot of help from the refs...its fools gold though because the refs will look away the day they need a win the most.

2-ONE-5
11-08-2013, 10:48 AM
didnt see the game but the LAkers have abunch of jump shooters and the Rockets have hack a Dwight and Harden.

but the Lakers won so who cares?

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Well first of all, there was hack a Dwight.

Second of all, Houston attacked the rim all night while LA mostly just shot the ball.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM

:laugh:

Teeboy1487
11-08-2013, 11:06 AM
It's funny now because when a similar discrepancy happened against the Warriors last year in the game Kobe got hurt, PSD was outraged because it was the Lakers getting all the calls. Well, I understood why it was so high against Houston. What I don't understand is how Harden gets so many calls.

ShockerArt
Lakers don't have any legitimate slashers. They have a bunch of scrubs who shoot jumpers. Plus they hit an extremely high percentage of threes in this game. Rockets have a star player in James Harden who attacks the basket. Plus they have Dwight, whom the Lakers intentionally fouled a bunch of times. It's not rocket science. What an idiotic thread.

Trueblue2
how many times have you seen a lakers player drive to the hoop this year?
More outside shots=less fouls

TheNumber37
11-08-2013, 11:07 AM
The Lakers were jacking 3s up for 5 min at a time.

ATX
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Howard and Harden alone got to the line a combined 32 times (6 of which came from Hack a Howard) that has been the NORM with those players because of their style of play. For anyone who watched the game with a basic knowledge of basketball and an objective eye they'd know that there was nothing wrong with the officiating last night since that's how the game is usually called.

This.

Amos1er is always crying "Rigged", sometimes I don't understand why he even watches the NBA. There is almost always a logical reason for FTA discrepancies.

macc
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Lakers fans STOP IT. Why would you think the free throw attempts would be close? You have a couple people who get to the line more then anyone in the NBA in Harden and Howard, then you have Lin who is driving more then anyone in the NBA right now (they noted that on ESPN) as well as Parsons driving almost everytime he had the ball. Now look at the Lakers. Who on their team was driving at all? Maybe Nick Young a couple times, other then that, that's it. Any NBA fan with common knowledge of the players on the teams would know the attempts wouldn't even be close without seeing the final numbers.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
11-08-2013, 11:19 AM
D'Antoni ball.

KnicksorBust
11-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I didnt watch this game but if you had asked me before the game what the FT disparity would be between a team with 0 quality slashers vs. a team with two of the most frequent ft line visitors in the league... im probably throwing out +30 for Hou without even thinking.

ATX
11-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Lakers fans STOP IT. Why would you think the free throw attempts would be close? You have a couple people who get to the line more then anyone in the NBA in Harden and Howard, then you have Lin who is driving more then anyone in the NBA right now (they noted that on ESPN) as well as Parsons driving almost everytime he had the ball. Now look at the Lakers. Who on their team was driving at all? Maybe Nick Young a couple times, other then that, that's it. Any NBA fan with common knowledge of the players on the teams would know the attempts wouldn't even be close without seeing the final numbers.

Please stop with all the logic. It's too hard to comprehend.

John Walls Era
11-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Lol

1) Lakers are a jump shooting team

2) They willingly fouled Dwight and Asik like 12 times

Quinnsanity
11-08-2013, 12:18 PM
... So... Anyone else see the irony in this thread?

Chronz
11-08-2013, 12:39 PM

lol

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:40 PM
Amo1ser is a terrible poster.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
There were only two bad calls. One on Nick Young for breathing on Harden and another where Harden got away with one on Jodie Meeks at the end of the game. We fouled Dwight 12 times on purpose and he shot 5-12. Refs also let Nash give Lin a hug to allow Blake to be wide open. I thought it was reffed pretty well.

zn23
11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Usually it's the other way around lol, but the Lakers were getting shafted last night by the refs. I expect the Rockets to lead the league in FT attempts by the end of the year, when you have the ultimate ref baiter James Harden snapping his neck back very time he comes into contact with someone and of course the Hack-a-Howard.

b@llhog24
11-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Pretty much.

Swashcuff
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Pretty much.

That however may be an understatement

Hawkeye15
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
looking at the shot chart, it shows the obvious. Houston doesn't take mid range shots, and the Lakers took a bunch, as well as 35 three's. Add to the fact that the Lakers have nobody that routinely draws fouls, while the Rockets have a perimeter player and big who always do.

Big disparity, but if these teams play 10 times, the Rockets will lead the FTA margin by a lot every single time.

J4KOP99
11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Lakers chuck 3's... Houston has Howard, Harden is always taking it to the hole and knows how to draw contact, and asik draws fouls too.

Not too difficult to figure out why Houston got more ft attempts.

PraiseJesus
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
The Rockets look like the 2012 Lakers to me.

AddiX
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Mike d Antonio teams don't play defense hard enough to put s team on the line that often without help of refs.

YoungOne
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
only lakers fans can complain after a lucky win lol

LAKERMANIA
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I think Houston will always have a lot more FTAs than the opponent team, James Harden knows how to get to the line and Dwight almost always gets fouled.

That and the fact that the Lakers don't drive to the basket which in turn means we don't get any calls against us.

Swashcuff
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Props to the rational Laker fans as for the thread starter grow up dude.

EL_MACHETE
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
The refs try to help Houston win and they still failed

blystr2002
11-08-2013, 01:54 PM
So you admit that Barkley didn't "rip" dwight and that you just made that up. OK, well that's a start.

I don't recall Barkley saying that howard had no post moves. What Barkley DID say was that howard would benefit from working with mchale, since mchale was the greatest post player barkley had ever played against.

You have a very active imagination however, and I enjoy reading your fictitious accounts of events.

I would say they started to rip him, but backed off by saying he is a very good player. It is not his imagination Barkley said he has no post game, doesn't use his feet and has no desire to go inside. Dwight just stands around and puts his hand up. Then they showed a clip of Gasol and basically said that Dwight needs to work to get inside like Gasol.

KniCks4LiFe
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM

:laugh:

I had to here.

KniCks4LiFe
11-08-2013, 02:01 PM
The Rockets look like the 2012 Lakers to me.

4 games into the season. Can you wait till 20 atleast? counting preseason they don't even have 10 intense games together.

Jenceman
11-08-2013, 02:04 PM

He makes all Laker fans look bad.

asandhu23
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
A Lakers fan complaining about free throw disparity? really, OP? Have you never watched how badly Lakers get insane number of free throws compared to other teams?

Highlanderlaker
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
It's still a joke how they shot all them free throws and still lost. Don't understand all the Houston hype when u couldn't beat a team that couldn't hit a shot in the second half and you were at home without their best player and pay shooting 1-10

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Xavier Henry, Wes Johnson and Jordan Farmar kept driving to the basket and were getting hammered.

No blood. Keep playing.

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 06:38 PM
A Lakers fan complaining about free throw disparity? really, OP? Have you never watched how badly Lakers get insane number of free throws compared to other teams?

Game 2, 2008 NBA Finals, a guy no longer in this league, Leon Powe, out free throw attempts the entire Lakers team.

CityofChaos
11-08-2013, 08:30 PM
How about that Lakers and Warriors game last season where the refs were calling ticky tack fouls on the Warriors as to assure that the Lakers win the game and make it as the 8th seed in the playoffs.

Lakers shot 50 ft's again the Warriors 16

Jenceman
11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
The game wasn't rigged. It was just a whole lotta Harden flopping, Hack a Howard, and some homecookin.

A tad bad officiating, but without Kobe the Lakers won't get tons of foul calls.

Slug3
11-08-2013, 10:30 PM
No superstar not many calls. I remember a game last year for Miami where we did not get our first FT till like the middle of the 4th.

Kashmir13579
11-08-2013, 10:43 PM
on point as usual

Kashmir13579
11-08-2013, 10:44 PM

Nah, he just makes himself look bad. Lakers fans are alright here on PSD from my experiences.

More-Than-Most
11-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Never seen anything like it to be honest. If you look at the guy he gets the call.

JLynn943
11-08-2013, 10:58 PM
All the Lakers did was take jump shots, meanwhile the Rockets drove to the hoop a lot and also did the hack-a-Howard. The differential is huge but largely explainable.

Jenceman
11-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Nah, he just makes himself look bad. Lakers fans are alright here on PSD from my experiences.

Idk man we been taking a lot of flack. But thanks

WARRIORS@GR
11-09-2013, 01:26 AM
The Lakers had the refs on their side in about 8 games of the top 10 worst officiated games.The latest was last year vs the Warriors.******* disgusting.
Now amos1er comes out crying about free throws,smh.

therealwd27
11-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Lakers...Kings...hmm must've forgot about that game

Also how the Lakers made to the playoffs last year? Don't remember that stretch of games at the end and the calls lol

therealwd27
11-09-2013, 01:28 AM
The Lakers had the refs on their side in about 8 games of the top 10 worst officiated games.The latest was last year vs the Warriors.******* disgusting.

We are wasting our time with him man. Just pray for a horrible computer virus like I do.

championships
11-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Lakers...Kings...hmm must've forgot about that game

Also how the Lakers made to the playoffs last year? Don't remember that stretch of games at the end and the calls lol
seriously, if a Laker fan can't talk about foul calls, neither should a Heat fan. Flopping is in the Heats gameplan.

P&GRealist
11-09-2013, 02:26 AM

Kobe tore his achilles against you guys in that game. How much more do you want? You and fans of the 29 other NBA teams got their 17 years' wish of seeing Kobe Bryant go down and wither in pain and anguish. Just like all you guys wanted. It doesn't get any better for fans like you. So just be satisfied.

asandhu23
11-09-2013, 03:39 AM
Kobe tore his achilles against you guys in that game. How much more do you want? You and fans of the 29 other NBA teams got their 17 years' wish of seeing Kobe Bryant go down and wither in pain and anguish. Just like all you guys wanted. It doesn't get any better for fans like you. So just be satisfied.

do you seriously think we wanted Kobe to have an injury like that?

sunsfan88
11-09-2013, 03:41 AM
Didn't the refs absolutely screw the Rockets last year in the regular season when they played LAL? In the do or die game for them to make playoffs or not?

WARRIORS@GR
11-09-2013, 09:26 AM
:facepalm::facepalm:

LAKobeBryant
11-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Didn't the refs absolutely screw the Rockets last year in the regular season when they played LAL? In the do or die game for them to make playoffs or not?

No but i do remember you having a signature about taking Lakers pick.

nastynice
11-09-2013, 01:06 PM
c'mon, I like the lakers, but how in the hell can a laker fan complain about touch fouls?!? its like the twilight zone in here or something.

And sometimes, as in that la boston finals game, one team is attacking the basket and the other team is just chucking jumpers. Expect to see a free throw discrepancy

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah, the refs were a joke in that game, I have no clue how we won. It just shows you how over rated Howard and Harden are. Second round exit here they come.

sunsfan88
11-09-2013, 06:11 PM
No but i do remember you having a signature about taking Lakers pick.

You need to review this thread then

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?811347-NBA-admits-that-the-Lakers-were-gifted-a-win-last-night

amos1er
11-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Yeah, the refs were a joke in that game, I have no clue how we won. It just shows you how over rated Howard and Harden are. Second round exit here they come.

Wow... Second round you think. I don't even have them past the first based on what I've seen thus far. Unless of course the refs can carry Harden the whole way. Lol.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 07:05 PM
For the record hack a dwight lasted for at least 10 free throws not 6 like a previous poster lied about.

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
Also Lakers don't have anyone that can play in the post effectively. You can't expect to get fouls shooting three's. Nash doesn't draw them like he use to because he's not nearly as hard to defend. Also no Kobe.

lol, please
11-09-2013, 07:09 PM

:clap: :clap:

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Wow... Second round you think. I don't even have them past the first based on what I've seen thus far. Unless of course the refs can carry Harden the whole way. Lol.

Well i guess it all depnds on who they get in the first round, but they'll never win a ship together.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-09-2013, 07:13 PM
:clap: :clap:People like mighty think they have a chance to make it to the finals, but i only see the Warriors, Thunder, or Clippers in the finals.

championships
11-09-2013, 07:16 PM
c'mon, I like the lakers, but how in the hell can a laker fan complain about touch fouls?!? its like the twilight zone in here or something.

And sometimes, as in that la boston finals game, one team is attacking the basket and the other team is just chucking jumpers. Expect to see a free throw discrepancyThat's always the story around here. Lakers get most of the calls they're just being favored. When another team gets the benefit of the call against the Lakers its well " The other team is attacking the basket more" blah blah blah.

championships
11-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Harden doesn't get those calls as much in playoffs. Really screws with his game. Fouls turn into turnovers.

amos1er
11-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Well i guess it all depnds on who they get in the first round, but they'll never win a ship together.

Agreed. Howard and Harden are just not championship caliber players. I found it hilarious when Howard said that him and Harden could be the next Kobe and Shaq. I def lol'd for days.

Byronicle
11-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Laker fan complaining about foul calls? Now I've seen everything

If Kobe was in this game, the FT disparity would be much much closer, and the Lakers will just have a slight edge over Houston in FTs getting 123 - 52 in favor of the Lakers

(sarcasm)

torocan
11-10-2013, 10:20 AM
That's always the story around here. Lakers get most of the calls they're just being favored. When another team gets the benefit of the call against the Lakers its well " The other team is attacking the basket more" blah blah blah.

Except in this case it's actually true. Harden and Lin rank in the top 5 in the NBA in drives and ppg off drives.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTracking.html

According to NBA.com player tracking (SportsVu), James Harden and Lin are currently #3 and #5 in the NBA in points off drives (42 and 38), PPG from drive (7.0 and 6.3ppg) and team PPG on drives (9.2 and 12.0ppg).

In terms of actual drives per game, Lin is #4 with 9.7 drives per game, Harden is #15 with 7.2 drives per game.

There's only 1 Lakers player in the top 25, Jordan Farmar with 6.1 drives per game.

Fouling Dwight and Asik is also expected given their low FT%.

And then there's the actual Shot Chart...

http://espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=400488945

Houston mid-range shots - 15
Lakers mid-range shots - 27

So, the Lakers shot more 3's, way more mid-range jumpers, drove less, intentionally fouled Dwight and Asik, and you're wondering about a FT disparity?

Really?

amos1er
11-10-2013, 10:30 AM
Except in this case it's actually true. Harden and Lin rank in the top 5 in the NBA in drives and ppg off drives.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTracking.html

According to NBA.com player tracking (SportsVu), James Harden and Lin are currently #3 and #5 in the NBA in points off drives (42 and 38), PPG from drive (7.0 and 6.3ppg) and team PPG on drives (9.2 and 12.0ppg).

In terms of actual drives per game, Lin is #4 with 9.7 drives per game, Harden is #15 with 7.2 drives per game.

There's only 1 Lakers player in the top 25, Jordan Farmar with 6.1 drives per game.

Fouling Dwight and Asik is also expected given their low FT%.

And then there's the actual Shot Chart...

http://espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=400488945

Houston mid-range shots - 15
Lakers mid-range shots - 27

So, the Lakers shot more 3's, way more mid-range jumpers, drove less, intentionally fouled Dwight and Asik, and you're wondering about a FT disparity?

Really?

To anyone who actually watched the game... It was clear Harden was getting preferential treatment from the refs. Nice write up though.

torocan
11-10-2013, 10:33 AM
To anyone who actually watched the game... It was clear Harden was getting preferential treatment from the refs. Nice write up though.

I already acknowledged previously that Harden gets some Superstar treatment and there was some home cooking (always happens on the Road).

That said, the vast majority of the calls are due to the difference in styles of play (drive + hacking).

Byronicle
11-10-2013, 11:43 AM

Did you watch the game? I don't think you did

The shot chart says otherwise

PatsSoxKnicks
11-10-2013, 12:07 PM

:clap: Good for you, he's got some followers sadly but most every non Laker fan acknowledges when you look up the word homer, you see his name in the dictionary.

Dumb thread by a poster no one is surprised made it.

rocket
11-10-2013, 12:12 PM
dey sjhot moar ft's den uz da nba is rigged da lakers are rigged

Sadds The Gr8
11-10-2013, 12:33 PM
A Lakers fan complaining about calls? **** sakes...I've seen everything now...

JeremiahWing
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Forget whether or not the Rockets got home-court calls. The real story is this: How the hell does an NBA team LOSE a game with that kind of disparity in free throw attempts? On their home court, no less???

torocan
11-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Forget whether or not the Rockets got home-court calls. The real story is this: How the hell does an NBA team LOSE a game with that kind of disparity in free throw attempts? On their home court, no less???

Easy when the Rockets play their least effective line up for long stretches (Asik + Howard) and gets into a deep hole (19 points) in the first half. And when they did get a 7 point lead they leave Howard in for almost a full minute while D'Antoni hacks him for multiple free throws (he missed all but 1 out of 6).

At that point it's a close game with 2 minutes left. Any team can beat any other team on any given day when you only have 2 minutes left to play. All it takes is a mistake or two or one team shooting better than the other.

McHale probably should have subbed Howard out after the hack-a-Howard began, but it appears that he's going to be stubborn about it.

Shlumpledink
11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
It is because Harden is loved by the league. The dude was shedding defenders with his shoulder, and falling whenever he was grazed with someone's arm. The refs were eating that up too. Lakers were in the penalty a lot of the game.