PDA

View Full Version : Why Play Dwight Howard in the Last 4 Minutes of the Game?

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:08 AM
Especially when your team has a guy like Asik on the same team? I'm not saying Dwight is not clutch or anything like that. Not that I actually expect a center to be anyway, but it's almost clear as crystal that he hurts his team more in crunch time than help it. It's both his fault and not his fault.

It's his fault for being THAT bad at the Free Throw line, but at the same time, that's who he is. Everyone knows this already from last year, the year before that, the year before that, and so on and so forth. This isn't something new.

It's great what he provides on the defensive end and rebounding, but when it comes down to a point when the game is close with either team in the lead, other teams, good ones, are going to use this tactic EVERY TIME. There is almost no point to having this guy on the floor in those last minutes when his defense and rebounding won't mean as much as his free throw shooting down the line.

TrueFan420
11-08-2013, 02:13 AM
Doesn't asik suck from the line as well? Dwight has a better offensive game than asik too.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Doesn't asik suck from the line as well? Dwight has a better offensive game than asik too.

He's not as bad at the line as Dwight though. And Dwight's offensive game won't matter when the only thing he would do on offense in the last 4 minutes is shoot free throws.

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 02:18 AM
Because according to ESPN, he's the 7th best player in the league.

big_w
11-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Because according to ESPN, he's the 7th best player in the league.

But he's under 50% from the foul line. And 5-16 in the loss against the lakers. There is a very strong case for benching howard in the last few minutes of a tight ballgame.

TrueFan420
11-08-2013, 02:22 AM
He's not as bad at the line as Dwight though. And Dwight's offensive game won't matter when the only thing he would do on offense in the last 4 minutes is shoot free throws.

Career their extremely close and asik has had far fewer attempts.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 02:22 AM
so who should the Rockets play instead? Asik?

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:23 AM
so who should the Rockets play instead? Asik?

imo yes.

TrueFan420
11-08-2013, 02:24 AM
But he's under 50% from the foul line. And 5-16 in the loss against the lakers. There is a very strong case for benching howard in the last few minutes of a tight ballgame.

There is a strong case but not for asik. They'd wanna do it and go small.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:26 AM
There is a strong case but not for asik. They'd wanna do it and go small.

that's another way to do it. The best players in this league are not exactly big men anymore. Well, big men with a dominate post game anymore. (Just in case being were going to say Love or stuff. XD)

sunsfan88
11-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Why don't they try Monetejunias?

jaydubb
11-08-2013, 02:33 AM
I watched the game and gotta admit, I ****in hate Dwight Howard... With that being said, I would probably leave him in the game just for his defense and incredible rebounding skill.. Remember, getting Dwight to miss a couple free throws is only half the battle, ya gotta score on him next..

Bruno
11-08-2013, 02:35 AM
the problem is that asik isn't good from the line either. houston should try to trade for ryan anderson.

big_w
11-08-2013, 02:38 AM
imo yes.

Asik is a 53% free throw shooter.

big_w
11-08-2013, 02:39 AM
I watched the game and gotta admit, I ****in hate Dwight Howard... With that being said, I would probably leave him in the game just for his defense and incredible rebounding skill.. Remember, getting Dwight to miss a couple free throws is only half the battle, ya gotta score on him next..

There is a rumor that he is "unhappy" with the PG situation in Houston. This is after just 5 games.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were another "dwightmare," this time in houston.

mikekhelxD
11-08-2013, 02:42 AM
Coming from a Bulls fan, I rather have Dwight out there than Asik. Omer is pretty bad on the line as well and he loses the balls a lot.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:43 AM

Lakers didn't even score on him tonight really. Meeks hit the three, and then Blake hit the three in the end...on Dwight.

I understand what you're saying though.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 02:44 AM
the problem is that asik isn't good from the line either. houston should try to trade for ryan anderson.

trade makes sense for both New Orleans and Houston but the Pelicans aren't interested.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 02:45 AM
There is a rumor that he is "unhappy" with the PG situation in Houston. This is after just 5 games.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there were another "dwightmare," this time in houston.

where you hear this from?

JNA17
11-08-2013, 02:48 AM
trade makes sense for both New Orleans and Houston but the Pelicans aren't interested.

I don't know why they would be either when they already have Davis. Anderson is a great fit for either team.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 02:51 AM
I don't know why they would be either when they already have Davis. Anderson is a great fit for either team.

cause Davis isn't a C and is too small/weak/skinny to play C? Davis and Asik makes more sense than Davis and Anderson.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 03:04 AM
cause Davis isn't a C and is too small/weak/skinny to play C? Davis and Asik makes more sense than Davis and Anderson.

Davis: 21.2 PPG, 11,4 RPG, 4.0 BPG.

I don't know. that "small/weak/skinny" man seems to play center pretty well to me.

Besides, this is a league where a championship team has Chris Bosh as center now.

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:09 AM

I don't know. that "small/weak/skinny" man seems to play center pretty well to me.

Besides, this is a league where a championship team has Chris Bosh as center now.

Davis is also averaging 2.2 steals/game, and shooting 92% from the line. Those are all NBA 1st team numbers.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:12 AM

you really think he can keep this up as the season progresses...especially against elite defensive Centers like Roy Hibbert who weighs 40 pounds more than him or Marc Gasol who weights 49 pounds more than him?

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:16 AM
It's a rumor from another sports forum. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, however.

As I said before, time will tell. However, Dwight has a history of scapegoating those around him.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 03:21 AM
you really think he can keep this up as the season progresses...especially against elite defensive Centers like Roy Hibbert who weighs 40 pounds more than him or Marc Gasol who weights 49 pounds more than him?

Well considering he did last year...yeah? Considering a lot of people already think he's practically a star now, yeah. That already means he's better than those guys.

And once again, Bosh...who's as soft as my pillow. Skinny as a twig. Weak as Spongebob, plays center. A lot of PFs play center in the NBA today. What makes Davis any different? Davis clearly can play center so I don't know how going small is an issue in todays NBA.

Supreme LA
11-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Dwight is what he is and we all know it's a risk leaving him in at the end of a game. What I noticed most tonight was how much Harden has been overrated. He was guarded well all night one on one by Steve Blake. He literally just drives at puts up bad 3 pointers. We're not even talking about his horrendous defense here. There is no way Harden is superstar nor is he a top 10 player. That talk can stop now.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Well considering he did last year...yeah? Considering a lot of people already think he's practically a star now, yeah. That already means he's better than those guys.

And once again, Bosh...who's as soft as my pillow. Skinny as a twig. Weak as Spongebob, plays center. A lot of PFs play center in the NBA today. What makes Davis any different? Davis clearly can play center so I don't know how going small is an issue in todays NBA.

there's a reason why Bosh's primary position is PF.

Jenceman
11-08-2013, 03:23 AM
Dwight is what he is and we all know it's a risk leaving him in at the end of a game. What I noticed most tonight was how much Harden has been overrated. He was guarded well all night one on one by Steve Blake. He literally just drives at puts up bad 3 pointers. We're not even talking about his horrendous defense here. There is no way Harden is superstar nor is he a top 10 player. That talk can stop now.

He gets a pathetic amount of calls but he's still a very good player.

I ****ing hate him though

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:23 AM
It's a rumor from another sports forum. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to it, however.

As I said before, time will tell. However, Dwight has a history of scapegoating those around him.

it's only 5 games into the season and Houston has one of the best record in the NBA...it's a little bid too early and too soon to start scapegoating people don't you think? i think you need to stop pulling **** out of your ***.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 03:24 AM
there's a reason why Bosh's primary position is PF.

There's a reason Horford's primary position is PF too. I have no clue what you are talking about.

I think you are just trying to justify why the Pelicans should basically hand you the championship by giving away Anderson for Asik. :laugh:

J4KOP99
11-08-2013, 03:28 AM
If only the Rox still had scola. He'd fit nicely alongside dwight.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:29 AM
There's a reason Horford's primary position is PF too. I have no clue what you are talking about.

I think you are just trying to justify why the Pelicans should basically hand you the championship by giving away Anderson for Asik. :laugh:

isn't Bosh's primary position not PF? and isn't the center position Miami's weakest position and isn't that the reason why Roy Hibbert abused the Heat? and isn't the weakness at the C why Miami took a chance with Greg Oden?

And Horford is 250 pounds...close to the average weight of the average elite Centers in the NBA...and even then Horford complains about playing the C and have expressed desires to go back to his natural position of PF.

you're seriously fooling if yourself thinking Davis, who's 20 pounds lighter than the average C, can be successful playing C full time and do well against the elite defensive Cs in the league.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 03:41 AM
isn't Bosh's primary position not PF? and isn't the center position Miami's weakest position and isn't that the reason why Roy Hibbert abused the Heat? and isn't the weakness at the C why Miami took a chance with Greg Oden?

And Horford is 250 pounds...close to the average weight of the average elite Centers in the NBA...and even then Horford complains about playing the C and have expressed desires to go back to his natural position of PF.

you're seriously fooling if yourself thinking Davis, who's 20 pounds lighter than the average C, can be successful playing C full time and do well against the elite defensive Cs in the league.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif

That was one of, the worst arguments I have ever heard.

At no point, did I say what Bosh's primary position was. I said it very clearly that Bosh is a center on a championship team, whether that is his usual position or not.

Pau Gasol, while 7 feet, has been labeled as soft, *****, all that jazz and many people label him as PF. Yet won two championships as a center.

Kevin Garnett, for the last few years with the Celtics was a center, and still was all star status despite his age.

All these bigmen that are 7 feet tall and really strong, are not helping teams win championships anymore when guys like Bosh and Horford are taking over. Horford might weigh alot but he is small and plays outside a lot.

With the way Davis has been playing last year and this year, you're seriously fooling yourself into thinking Davis CAN NOT keep it up. But let's see how well starting two 7 footers work out for the Rockets, because it worked oh so well with the Lakers...oh wait. (Championship 1, Bynum injured, championship 2, Bynum much less playing time than Odom just in case you were trying to make a case on that.)

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:42 AM

Harden ISO'ed whenever he wanted last season, and continues to do so this season. This is not what the coaching staff wants, but then again, they refuse to bench him, or otherwise try to reign him in.

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:45 AM
You're wrong. Davis has gained 12 lbs over last season, and weighs 232, not 220. He's been working hard in the weight room in the offseason, and the results are clearly evident.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2013/09/new_orleans_pelicans_anthony_d_1.html

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:52 AM

That was one of, the worst arguments I have ever heard.

At no point, did I say what Bosh's primary position was. I said it very clearly that Bosh is a center on a championship team, whether that is his usual position or not.

which part? the part where Center is Miami's weakest position or the part about how Miami almost lost because of Roy Hibbert?

Pau Gasol, while 7 feet, has been labeled as soft, *****, all that jazz and many people label him as PF. Yet won two championships as a center.

Gasol wasn't the Center during the 2 championships. Bynum was. dumbest statement ever.

Kevin Garnett, for the last few years with the Celtics was a center, and still was all star status despite his age.

again...http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif

Perkins was the Center that year...

All these bigmen that are 7 feet tall and really strong, are not helping teams win championships anymore when guys like Bosh and Horford are taking over. Horford might weigh alot but he is small and plays outside a lot.

again, Center is Miami's weakest position and is the reason why Miami almost lost to Indiana. and when the Hawk contended for the championship?

With the way Davis has been playing last year and this year, you're seriously fooling yourself into thinking Davis CAN NOT keep it up. But let's see how well starting two 7 footers work out for the Rockets, because it worked oh so well with the Lakers...oh wait. (Championship 1, Bynum injured, championship 2, Bynum much less playing time than Odom just in case you were trying to make a case on that.)

Davis cannot keep up because he's too weak. he's 40 pounds lighter than the average Center and will be abused when he plays against elite defensive centers in the league.

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:54 AM
First you said Davis at 220 was 20 lbs. lighter than the average center. Now you say he's 40 lbs. lighter than the average center. Which one is it? And where are you getting your stats from?

Also, you don't realize that Davis weighs 232, not 220.

Davis cannot keep up because he's too weak. he's 40 pounds lighter than the average Center and will be abused when he plays against elite defensive centers in the league.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 04:00 AM
which part? the part where Center is Miami's weakest position or the part about how Miami almost lost because of Roy Hibbert?

Gasol wasn't the Center during the 2 championships. Bynum was. dumbest statement ever.

again...http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/196157.gif

Perkins was the Center that year...

again, Center is Miami's weakest position and is the reason why Miami almost lost to Indiana. and when the Hawk contended for the championship?

Pau Gasol was the center. Odom was the Power Foward. Don't even try to argue with a Lakers fan about that. Stop making an idiot out of yourself.

Are you even paying attention? When I said last few years with Garnett at center, it was meant when after Perkins was traded. Are you tired or something? Go to sleep already.

Miami always almost loses in the playoffs, so what? Fact is, they didn't. Bosh was center, they still won. Deal with it.

Davis weighs 232. Get your facts straight because you're off on everything.

I'm done arguing with you. You are constantly making false statements and going off topic long enough. You're also making other Rockets fans look bad and stupid.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:02 AM
First you said Davis at 220 was 20 lbs. lighter than the average center. Now you say he's 40 lbs. lighter than the average center. Which one is it? And where are you getting your stats from?

Also, you don't realize that Davis weighs 232, not 220.

Davis is listed at 220 pounds. The average center in the NBA is around 260 pounds. And on rare occasions where a Center isn't at least around 260 pounds, they're around 7 foot. At 6'10" and 220 pounds, Davis is too weak and short for the Center position.

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:07 AM
Davis is listed at 220 pounds. The average center in the NBA is around 260 pounds. And on rare occasions where a Center isn't at least around 260 pounds, they're around 7 foot. At 6'10" and 220 pounds, Davis is too weak and short for the Center position.

You still don't have your facts straight.

I just linked you to an article for you where davis himself states that he is 232, not 220.

Since you originally claimed that Davis weighed twenty lbs. less than the average center, you were clearly wrong in that case. 240 - 232 = 8 lb. difference, not a 20 lb. difference.

However, you then doubled your original estimate, saying that davis weighed forty pounds less than the average, now claiming that the average nba center weighs 260.

Therefore, you have made multiple factual errors, invented statistics, and not provided any citation for any of your claims.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about, and never did in the first place. I am still waiting for your citation which shows that the average nba center weighs 240 lbs. Or is it 260 lbs? Where is your evidence?

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Pau Gasol was the center. Odom was the Power Foward. Don't even try to argue with a Lakers fan about that. Stop making an idiot out of yourself.

dude are you ********? Bynum was the C and Odom was the 6th man. YOU stop making a fool out of YOURSELF. Here is the box score from the last game of the 2010 finals:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201006170LAL.html

Pau is CLEARLY the PF, Bynum is CLEARLY the Center, and Odom is CLEARLY the 6th man. I dont' think Odom EVER started for the Lakers before.

Are you even paying attention? When I said last few years with Garnett at center, it was meant when after Perkins was traded. Are you tired or something? Go to sleep already.

Ok. And how did Boston do those years?

Miami always almost loses in the playoffs, so what? Fact is, they didn't. Bosh was center, they still won. Deal with it.

fact is, they almost lost because Bosh isn't strong enough to guard elite centers.

Davis weighs 232. Get your facts straight because you're off on everything.

:laugh::laugh2:

Yahoo, ESPN, Wikipedia, NBA and Basketball-Reference all list Davis at 220 pounds

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6583/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/anthony_davis/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Davis_(basketball)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/davisan02.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5007/

I'm done arguing with you. You are constantly making false statements and going off topic long enough. You're also making other Rockets fans look bad and stupid.

:eyebrow:

lol i'm done with you. i think i embarrassed you enough already.

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:11 AM

Anthony Davis has a 7'6" wingspan, identical to dwight howard's. He is also an inch taller than dwight howard, who is 6'9" rather than his listed 6'11." Howard is listed at 265, which is 33 lbs. heavier than davis, but then again, he is more than 7 years younger than howard, and will likely wind up weighing around 240-245 in his mid twenties.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:12 AM
You still don't have your facts straight.

I just linked you to an article for you where davis himself states that he is 232, not 220.

Since you originally claimed that Davis weighed twenty lbs. less than the average center, you were clearly wrong in that case. 240 - 232 = 8 lb. difference, not a 20 lb. difference.

However, you then doubled your original estimate, saying that davis weighed forty pounds less than the average, now claiming that the average nba center weighs 260.

Therefore, you have made multiple factual errors, invented statistics, and not provided any citation for any of your claims.

You clearly do not know what you are talking about, and never did in the first place. I am still waiting for your citation which shows that the average nba center weighs 240 lbs. Or is it 260 lbs? Where is your evidence?

sure.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 04:13 AM
Anthony Davis has a 7'6" wingspan, identical to dwight howard's. He is also an inch taller than dwight howard, who is 6'9" rather than his listed 6'11." Howard is listed at 265, which is 33 lbs. heavier than davis, but then again, he is more than 7 years younger than howard, and will likely wind up weighing around 240-245 in his mid twenties.

Don't even bother. I already sig and book marked his outlandish posts for entertainment value when Davis becomes an all star this year.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:15 AM
Don't even bother. I already sig and book marked his outlandish posts for entertainment value when Davis becomes an all star this year.

says the person who think Odom started for the Lakers. and we'll see how he does as the season progresses and we get a larger sample size.

and Davis hasn't even started at C for the Pelicans this year. Jason Smith is starting at the C for the Pelicans with Greg Stiemsma backing him up. Do you even know anything? You are THE dumbest most uninformed member on PSD.

Here are the box score from all the Pelicans game this season if you don't believe me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans-memphis-grizzlies-2013110629/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/phoenix-suns-new-orleans-pelicans-2013110503/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/charlotte-bobcats-new-orleans-pelicans-2013110203/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/new-orleans-pelicans-orlando-magic-2013110119/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/indiana-pacers-new-orleans-pelicans-2013103003/

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:16 AM
sure.

Here is the link where Anthony Davis himself says he now weighs 232 lbs:

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.ssf/2013/09/new_orleans_pelicans_anthony_d_1.html

Also, you have not provided a citation which indicates what the average weight of an nba center is. You have clearly fabricated this number out of your a--.

If you're going to fabricate statistics, try to be consistent. Your first and second fabricated statistics are different. Did the average nba center suddently gain twenty pounds in between your first and second post?

That's funny, just a few minutes elapsed in between your posts. Those nba centers sure must be hungry tonight!

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:20 AM
says the person who think Odom started for the Lakers. and we'll see how he does as the season progresses and we get a larger sample size.

and Davis hasn't even started at C for the Pelicans this year. Jason Smith is started at the C for the Pelicans. Do you even know anything? You are THE dumbest most uninformed member on PSD.

Why don't you answer the relevant questions?

Where did you get your information from regarding the average weight of nba centers? Why do you have two averages (240, then 260) in two consecutive posts? Do you have a learning disability? Was it a typo? Did every nba center go on a dunkin' donuts eating binge in between the time you posted your first and second post? Are you just talking out of your a--?

It is obviously the latter.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:22 AM
Why don't you answer the relevant questions?

Where did you get your information from regarding the average weight of nba centers? Why do you have two averages (240, then 260) in two consecutive posts? Do you have a learning disability? Was it a typo? Did every nba center go on a dunkin' donuts eating binge in between the time you posted your first and second post? Are you just talking out of your a--?

It is obviously the latter.

typos. and it's called Google. Google all the best centers in the NBA and tell me how much they weight? All the Centers generally weight between 250 to 270 pounds. Because 260 is the median and the mode, it's a pretty save assumption that it's the average. and most of the Centers that doesn't fall in between that range are all at least around 7 foot tall.

omg seriously. retards. you and JNA17. this isn't even a discussion. it's me correcting the both of you.

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:34 AM
But you didn't say that the average weight of the "best" centers is 240 or 260. You said the average weight of "nba centers" in general is 240 or 260.

Btw, which one is it? "Google" isn't very specific is it?

Do you understand what the term "average" means? 250 - 270 is not an "average," it is a range. Is english your second language? If so, I recommend you look up what those two words mean in a dictionary first before you use them.

Why do you continue to post? You continue to heap additional ignorant comments on top of your previous ones.

typos. and it's called Google. Google all the best centers in the NBA and tell me how much they weight? All the Centers generally weight between 250 to 270 pounds. Because 260 is the median and the mode, it's a pretty save assumption that it's the average. and most of the Centers that doesn't fall in between that range are all at least around 7 foot tall.

omg seriously. retards. you and JNA17. this isn't even a discussion. it's me correcting the both of you.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 04:36 AM
But you didn't say that the average weight of the "best" centers is 240 or 260. You said the average weight of "nba centers" in general is 240 or 260.

Btw, which one is it? "Google" isn't very specific is it?

Do you understand what the term "average" means? 250 - 270 is not an "average," it is a range. Is english your second language? If so, I recommend you look up what those two words mean in a dictionary first before you use them.

Why do you continue to post? You continue to heap additional ignorant comments on top of your previous ones.

yes. english is my second language. and my god you're ********. no where in my post did i use range and average as synonyms. you know you fail at your own mother language when someone who's english is his second language has a better grasp of your own language than you. and you fail at your attempts at being smart too. continuing this discussion with you only lowers me to your level. and i don't have to counter you for everyone to see how ******** you are. you do a pretty good job of showing it yourself already. have a good day.

***edit***

btw, i can't read your posts anymore because i blocked you. i had to because i feel my IQ drop every time i read one of your posts. have fun making a fool of yourself on PSD and have fun spreading around baseless, source-less rumors about the Rockets.

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:37 AM
It's really sad that you call others "trolls" when you are clearly the one who is trolling, as evidenced by the bolded.

That's a very interesting strategy you have there: fabricate some fictitious statistics out of your a--, then accuse others of "trolling" when they point out that you have no idea what you're talking about. Keep it classy, "fobolous."

By the way, do you realize that your screenname should be spelled "fobulous" and not "fobolous?" That is, if you're attempting to combine the terms "fob" and "fabulous."

big_w
11-08-2013, 04:43 AM
When you say that the average nba center (or best centers, or whatever) weighs 250 - 270, do you realize that you are giving a range, and not an average? Like I said, look up the words "range" and "average" in a dictionary. They are not synonymous.

Also, why do you troll this forum by calling people "retards"? Do fobs have an exemption where they are allowed to troll forums and others are not? Do you get a second exemption which allows you to call others trolls while you troll?

Third, the term you are looking for is "mother tongue," not "mother language." I'll give you a pass on this one, but your incessant trolling and especially your admission of bogus, made up pseudo-facts is completely unacceptable.

Finally, I don't know what country you are posting from, but it's not daylight hours here, so perhaps you mean that we should have a good "night" rather than a good "day." Perhaps you should look up the terms "day" and "night" in your dictionary while you're at it.

I know you have a lot of difficulties with english, but there is no reason to insult people, troll the forum, or to fabricate statistics.

yes. english is my second language. and my god you're ********. no where in my post did i use range and average as synonyms. you know you fail at your own mother language when someone who's english is his second language has a better grasp of your own language than you. and you fail at your attempts at being smart too. continuing this discussion with you only lowers me to your level. and i don't have to counter you for everyone to see how ******** you are. you do a pretty good job of showing it yourself already. have a good day.

Bruno
11-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Houston should sweeten the deal to get it done, Asik and Howard is a bad pairing. With the way James Harden attacks the basket and gets to the line, hacking Dwight is by far the best defense against the rockets in the 4th. it bumps their shooters out of their rhythm and it takes Harden out of the game. they need another guy who can step in at center for a few minutes other than Asik.

and i gotta say I disagree with what you've been writing about Davis. he'll have no problem playing the PF or C position in this league while he racks a few MVPS in the process once the LBJ age group are the leagues dinosaurs.

Bruno
11-08-2013, 03:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vNeCUwM.png

A graphic of Houstons +/-through the first two weeks of the season. asik isn't working, he's gotta go. moray knows this- he'll be gone, it's just a matter of for who?

bigsams50
11-08-2013, 06:42 PM

Doesnt he say that Davis can't play the C position though? He starts at PF with Jason Smith starting at C. Not saying he doesnt get any pt at C, but Stiemsma and Smith take up the majorty of C minutes.

kobe4thewinbang
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM
What I don't understand is why Dwight is so bad at free throws. It can't be that hard! You're getting millions, and you can't make a free throw? No defense on you, and a straight shot at the basket? Is it the "big hands" issue? I just don't get it. With the spotlight on me, I would be terribly embarrassed to be missing them. I read that Howard is stubborn about keeping his awful shooting form, even when Nash tried to help him.

jaydubb
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM

Lakers didn't even score on him tonight really. Meeks hit the three, and then Blake hit the three in the end...on Dwight.

I understand what you're saying though.

You said it, 2 three pointers.. With Dwight in the game teams have to settle for much harder jump shots as opposed to dunks and layups around the basket because he contests most shots within 10 feet of the basket.. They didn't "score on him" your right but having him on the court impacts the game so much because most of the time players can't drive to the basket on the guy..

J4KOP99
11-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Knowing Dwight's lack of mental toughness, how would you begin to explain to him that he's not gonna play In the last 4 mins of a close game?

Dwight thinks of himself as the #1 offensive option...

big_w
11-08-2013, 10:29 PM
If Dwight feels offended, it could lead to another "dwightmare" of passive aggressive behavior. There are already signs that it's beginning, just a half dozen games in with his new team. Some things will never change.

Knowing Dwight's lack of mental toughness, how would you begin to explain to him that he's not gonna play In the last 4 mins of a close game?

Dwight thinks of himself as the #1 offensive option...