PDA

View Full Version : Mario Chalmers Cheapshot On Blake Griffin

Clippersfan86
11-07-2013, 11:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMLS0HnWOVk#t=47

IB4GoodItsBlakeGriffin. I'm sorry but a jumping elbow to the throat should be an ejection and we've seen players get ejected for far less in recent years. Even Heat fans in the thread called Chalmers a dumbass for this.

Vinny642
11-07-2013, 11:50 PM
Thread worthy?

beasted86
11-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Chalmers and Blake have a history. You should know that if you started watching basketball before yesterday.

Not condoning the shot, but just Google or YouTube it. You'll find the history. This is yet another trivial thread that could have not been created and left in the gamethread.

Delrayhc
11-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Boo hoo

beasted86
11-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Okay, I did the work for you, son. From the land before time.. might as well be 2000 B.C. (before CP3) as far as the "newschool" (see: woodwork) Clipper fans are concerned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVqOw7OhIo

Vinny642
11-07-2013, 11:54 PM
And now these guys jump in and give their all exclusive opinions.... smh

Vinny642
11-07-2013, 11:55 PM
A heat fan calling a Clipper fan a bandwagoner.. wtf, twilight zone type stuff right here

RLundi
11-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Meh. Not that big a deal.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:00 AM
A heat fan calling a Clipper fan a bandwagoner.. wtf, twilight zone type stuff right here

Both teams have a lot of bandwagon fans. Miami and LA are very similar cities when it comes to sports fan behavior.

I've been a HEAT fan since '88 though, and have been posting on forums about the HEAT for a while now. Even though I came here in early 2010 before LeBron, I was on insidehoops for a number of years under the same username, just Google it. Before that the old NBA.com HEAT forums.

But everyone has the right to call a lot of fans bandwagoners because they are... just not all of them though.

Clippersfan86
11-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I've been a Clippers fan since 98 and have been on the biggest Clippers forums since 08. Lol at accusing me of all people of being bandwagon. I haven't missed a Clippers game for about 8 years probably. My email at Hotmail with the name Clippers in it has been registered since 2001. Bet you feel dumb.

http://clippers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-profile-mode-viewprofile-u-886.html

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Both teams have a lot of bandwagon fans. Miami and LA are very similar cities when it comes to sports fan behavior.

I've been a HEAT fan since '88 though, and have been posting on forums about the HEAT for a while now. Even though I came here in early 2010 before LeBron, I was on insidehoops for a number of years under the same username, just Google it. Before that the old NBA.com HEAT forums.

But everyone has the right to call a lot of fans bandwagoners because they are... just not all of them though.

Florida is the most embarrassing Sports state in the US by far. And that is no joke.
And I classify Heat fans all the same and will continue to, dont care if you were a fan since the beginning or a fan since the Lebron era, still one of the bandwagoners in my eyes.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:08 AM
I've been a Clippers fan since 98 and have been on the biggest Clippers forums since 08. Lol at accusing me of all people of being bandwagon. I haven't missed a Clippers game for about 8 years probably. My email at Hotmail with the name Clippers in it has been registered since 2001. Bet you feel dumb.

I don't feel anyway, because if you aren't a bandwagon poster you are just a homer who keeps posting trivial nonsense Clippers threads in the NBA forum, so you deserve to be called out regardless.

If you were a true Clippers fan you would have know that they've gotten into shoving matches more than once before. My memory is slipping me, but I want to say there was yet a 2nd incident after the above clip, so this latest one makes it the 3rd.

NO WAY is this NBA forum material. Dude, you just will never ever get it. I guess I have more sonnin' to do.

Max.This
11-08-2013, 12:09 AM
He got a foul for it. It really didn't look that hard. It probably is a cheap shot but no reason to get hard over it

Clippersfan86
11-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Florida is the most embarrassing Sports state in the US by far. And that is no joke.
And I classify Heat fans all the same and will continue to, dont care if you were a fan since the beginning or a fan since the Lebron era, still one of the bandwagoners in my eyes.

Yea... even now with the championships it's normal to have a half full Heat game, even vs good teams. Then half the arena leaves mid 4th quarter, up or down doesn't matter.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:11 AM

Good for you. I hope you are proud of yourself. Now excuse me while I go cry in this corner over here.....

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:11 AM

I feel dumb for taking the time to read this post about you trying to legitimize your fandom with trivial things.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Yea... even now with the championships it's normal to have a half full Heat game, even vs good teams. Then half the arena leaves mid 4th quarter, up or down doesn't matter.

All three of their NFL teams are in shambles..... (see Dolphins, Bucs, and Jags_

Their MLB teams...... smh, the Rays have been a playoff team for a few years and still have empty stadiums....

NBA..... you got the Heat... who their "fans" dont them any justice, and then you got the Magic....

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:13 AM
I feel dumb for taking the time to read this post about you trying to legitimize your fandom with trivial things.

Yes, to strangers who don't actually care.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Good for you. I hope you are proud of yourself. Now excuse me while I go cry in this corner over here.....

Aha, I remember when Heat fans used to be Lakers fans, or even Cav fans, jumping ships quick lol smh

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:14 AM

I've been tapering ," lakers rewl, clipperz drewl!" Into my dogs azz fur since 01. Bandwagon fan?! But you feel dumb now don't you.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:16 AM
All three of their NFL teams are in shambles..... (see Dolphins, Bucs, and Jags_

Their MLB teams...... smh, the Rays have been a playoff team for a few years and still have empty stadiums....

NBA..... you got the Heat... who their "fans" dont them any justice, and then you got the Magic....

You sound bitter that franchises find their way to Florida, while the effervescent dump known as NJ has none.

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:18 AM
Yes, to strangers who don't actually care.

Lebron James joins Miami heat -2010.
Beasted86 PSD join date 02-2010...please tell me more about how you've been a heat fan your whole life, but only join a forum to talk **** when your "team" gets the best player in free agency.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:20 AM
Boo hoo

Boo hoo? Chalmers is a shitstick who wouldn't have a single ring without Miami's superstars.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:20 AM
You sound bitter that franchises find their way to Florida, while the effervescent dump known as NJ has none.

I actually hate local teams, I hated the Nets when they were here, can't stand the Jets nor Giants.... so please, as you were saying??

And teams find a way to Miami and then what? make playoff runs with half empty stadiums?? lol OH PLEASE

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Boo hoo? Chalmers is a shitstick who wouldn't have a single ring without Miami's superstars.

Lmaoo he wouldn't even be nearly relevant.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Beasted86 PSD join date 02-2010...please tell me more about how you've been a heat fan your whole life, but only join a forum to talk **** when your "team" gets the best player in free agency.

LOL!!!

But he isn't one of them bandwagoners tho lol

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Beasted86 PSD join date 02-2010...please tell me more about how you've been a heat fan your whole life, but only join a forum to talk **** win your team gets the best player in free agency.
You are right... I feel ashamed. I was contemplating closing this one and creating a new account titled "LeBronJames4MVP4Lyfe" on July 8th 2010 to prove I was really a LeBron James fan my entire life.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:22 AM

He'd be a bench warmer. Belongs on the ****ing Bobcats. Little prick.

Clippersfan86
11-08-2013, 12:24 AM

Little prick is a perfect description for the guy. Dirty player.

Vinny642

LMaoo what did you do to Chitown to make him say all that?

beasted86

Bitter Memphis fan possibly?

I don't see how it's otherwise humanely possible for a "shitstick" like Chalmers to actually have haters. Really didn't think he was relevant enough.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:27 AM
There is a reason I dont come down to the NBA forum much often..... these Heat "fans"... there is only like one or 2 I can KIND OF respect but for the majority of them, its like actually talking to a 5 year old. Let alone the general intelligence level of these threads are at the lowest I have seen in a while, sad part is the NFL forum is dropping down and may soon become as terrible as this one.

ThaDubs

I don't see how it's otherwise humanely possible for a "shitstick" like Chalmers to actually have haters. Really didn't think he was relevant enough.

Not a Memphis fan. Just a guy who know that Mario is a shitstick so I'm spreading the word of his shitstickery.

SteveZissou
You are right... I feel ashamed. I was contemplating closing this one and creating a new account titled "LeBronJames4MVP4Lyfe" on July 8th 2010 to prove I was really a LeBron James fan my entire life.

Don't be ashamed. There are actually a bunch of "fans" like you. "HEATfans4Lyfe" but no where to be found pre 2010. It's ok though, everyone who calls you guys out are strangers to the game of baskeyball.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Memphis??? You mean Golden State?

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Not a Memphis fan. Just a guy who know that Mario is a shitstick so I'm spreading the word of his shitstickery.

Nah, that can't be. He must have bust a nut on your girlfriends face and posted it on WorldStarHipHop.com.

He is far too insignificant to just have "random hate". He must have done something personal to you.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Memphis??? You mean Golden State?
No, I mean Memphis as in the Tigers.

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:32 AM
Nah, that can't be. He must have bust a nut on your girlfriends face and posted it on WorldStarHipHop.com.

He is far too insignificant to just have "random hate". He must have done something personal to you.

World star hip hop reference....Yeezus Christ. That's as pathetic as saying Lebron won the 2013 championship and not ray Allen's miracle 3 in game six with 2 seconds left after bron clunked it first.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:33 AM
No, I mean Memphis as in the Tigers.

Ohhhh lmaooo College Basketball, Not big on college sports, for a few reasons.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:35 AM
World star hip hip reference....Yeezus Christ. That's as pathetic as saying Lebron won the 2013 championship and not ray Allen's miracle 3 in game six with 2 seconds left after bron clunked it first.

You are trying too hard. Reel it back a bit I might fall for the bait and get my actual feelings hurted.

The truth is all of you are instead falling for the bait that I set from the jump. My attempt is to derail this thread so far that they lock this trivial nonsense that shouldn't have been started in the first place. All I've done is to make sure I don't say anything to get banned.

For whatever reason, derailing a thread just gets it locked.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:36 AM

It isn't random hate. I've noticed, through my observation of shitsticks in life, that Mario Chalmers is in fact a shitstick. He didn't do anything personal to me. He was born in Alaska and lives in Miami. Both are about 3,000 miles away from where my girlfriend lives. He's just a shitstick.

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:36 AM
You are trying too hard. Reel it back a bit I might fall for the bait and get my actual feelings hurted.

Yeezus Christ...it's hurt. You might get your feelings HURT.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Mario Chalmers is a shitstick.

Thanks for understanding.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
It isn't random hate. I've noticed, through my observation of shitsticks in life, that Mario Chalmers is in fact a shitstick. He didn't do anything personal to me. He was born in Alaska and lives in Miami. Both are about 3,000 miles away from where my girlfriend lives. He's just a shitstick.

Please go further in depth about your keen observations of all those present in the NBA currently.

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:39 AM

The truth is all of you are instead falling for the bait that I set from the jump. My attempt is to derail this thread so far that they lock this trivial nonsense that shouldn't have been started in the first place. All I've done is to make sure I don't say anything to get banned.

Don't try to get cute and try to ninja edit that second and third paragraph in.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 12:40 AM

Is a Heat fan talking about another thread as trivial nonsense??? SHame on you, most of the big reason the NBA forum is crap is because of Heat fans starting trivial nonsensical threads....

THAT IRONY THO!

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Please go further in depth about your keen observations of all those present in the NBA currently.

No. The only person I will go into detail about is Mario Chalmers because he is the subject of this thread.
My observations of Mario Chalmers: he is a shitstick.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Don't try to get cute and try to ninja edit that second and third paragraph in.

Um... check the last time I replied to any thread on this forum 10 times. I don't care enough. This is on purpose.

My last multiple reply was in a thread to this very same OP scolding him like a son about making trivial threads. He can vouch for this. I would like to derail all of his trivial Clippers threads and get them locked. This might become a new lame hobby.

SteveZissou
11-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Um... check the last time I replied to any thread on this forum 10 times. I don't care enough. This is on purpose.

My last multiple reply was in a thread to this very same OP scolding him like a son about making trivial threads. He can vouch for this. I would like to derail all of his trivial Clippers threads and get them locked. This might become a new lame hobby.

Typical "heat" fan nonsense...

CityofChaos
11-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Good Its Blake Griffin.

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 01:02 AM
Good Its Blake Griffin.

Very informative post right here.

koreancabbage
11-08-2013, 01:35 AM
def a flagrant foul. thats causing personal harm

HYFR
11-08-2013, 01:44 AM
Gotta love the nba forum during nba season lol..

*Superman*
11-08-2013, 01:47 AM
***** move, nothing else needs to be said.

WARRIORS@GR
11-08-2013, 02:05 AM
Is Chalmers finally a shitstick?I'm confused.

John Walls Era
11-08-2013, 02:06 AM
It wasn't a cheap shot. And even if it was, it was smart of him to do it in a pick situation where people can defend him after the game and say it wasn't a cheap shot ;).

Bulls_fan90
11-08-2013, 02:27 AM

:laugh:

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 02:30 AM
It wasn't a cheap shot. And even if it was, it was smart of him to do it in a pick situation where people can defend him after the game and say it wasn't a cheap shot ;).

Spoken like a true fan, just kidding, that whole post was hard to read and doesn't have a solid point in it, its just words put together with no meaning. I am literally still trying to decipher that post.

UPRock
11-08-2013, 02:31 AM
Wow, that's really a cheap shot. I'm laughing like crazy right now, a Seahawks/Pelicans/Ducks/Braves fan calling a Miami fan a bandwagoner, it really doesn't make sense.

Turn Up
11-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Wow, that's really a cheap shot. I'm laughing like crazy right now, a Seahawks/Pelicans/Ducks/Braves fan calling a Miami fan a bandwagoner, it really doesn't make sense.

Yea, this kid is a clown, its hilarious, he really should stop before he further embarrasses himself

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 03:07 AM

That doesnt even make sense? Please tell me what bandwagons I have jumped on..... I'll wait

Vinny642
11-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Yea, this kid is a clown, its hilarious, he really should stop before he further embarrasses himself

lmaoooo

Big Zo
11-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Isn't it awesome that all of us "Bandwagoners" get to see the best player in the world, and see our team win championships? All while the "Hardcore" fans have to sit there with their thumbs up their *** and watch us celebrate. Life just isn't fair, huh? lol

Heatcheck
11-08-2013, 09:42 AM

Its not true! Its not rue!

I love my team, what can I do to prove it to you? please, tell me. ill do anything.

Im just as obsessed with other peoples live as the next lame, I swear.

why would I spend my time and money on myself? theres nothing to do down here anyways, its a ghost town.

FreakaNashur
11-08-2013, 10:01 AM

i'm thinking the same ****. some people need to define badwagoner before they use the word and stereotype other fans for it

therealwd27
11-08-2013, 10:06 AM

He actually had a solid college career and will always be known for eliminating Rose team.

therealwd27
11-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Isn't it awesome that all of us "Bandwagoners" get to see the best player in the world, and see our team win championships? All while the "Hardcore" fans have to sit there with their thumbs up their *** and watch us celebrate. Life just isn't fair, huh? lol

This. It's all one big circle jerk for them. Sad really.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM

Ushered. Let it burn.

shep33
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Without question that is a flagrant and suspension

2-ONE-5
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
there have been 2-3 other cheapshots prior to this without a thread made, why? bcuz theres no need.

2-ONE-5
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
That doesnt even make sense? Please tell me what bandwagons I have jumped on..... I'll wait

you cant be serious? Seahawks are in Seattle, Pelicans in NO, Ducks in Anaheim and it says you are in NJ. That is the DEFINITION of a bandwagoner

PurpleLynch
11-08-2013, 01:49 PM
It was completely needless and stupid. And no one can say the opposite. On the other hand,Griffin dunks a lot elbowing other players and that is dangerous too.(It's not an excuse for Chalmer's idiotic move,but both players should be warned to not do this kind of things)

kdspurman
11-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Without question that is a flagrant and suspension

+1

kdspurman
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
you cant be serious? Seahawks are in Seattle, Pelicans in NO, Ducks in Anaheim and it says you are in NJ. That is the DEFINITION of a bandwagoner

That's not true though, a bandwagon team would mean if you jump from team to team. If he's been a fan of each of those franchises primarily, I don't see how that's a bandwagon fan.

RowBTrice
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM
A cheap shot from a Miami Heat player????? No way!!!!

Big Zo
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
That's not true though, a bandwagon team would mean if you jump from team to team. If he's been a fan of each of those franchises primarily, I don't see how that's a bandwagon fan.
Yeah, not a "Bandwagon", just an "Assclown." Probably roots against all his home teams to get back at his daddy.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, not a "Bandwagon", just an "Assclown." Probably roots against all his home teams to get back at his daddy.

Or maybe he has links to different parts of the country?

I have family in Kansas and my cousin goes to KU so I am a Jayhawk fan and I have family roots in Boston and love the place so I am a Redsocks fan. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just that a lot of Heat fans came on the site after LeBron went to Miami, just to stay stupid **** like "OMG LEBRON SWAGZ MVP GOAT LOYAL HEAT FAN FOR 20 YEARS YEAH!!!".

Cracka2HI!
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM
It was reckless but I don't think it was a cheap shot or inetntional. It actually looked like he let up a little when he realized he was going to bow Griffin in the throat. I do think he should get a small fine and it should have been a flagrant 1 but I'm also fine with it just being a hard foul. It would have been different if he followed through and injured Blake. I'll bet a lot of PSDers think Blake flopped on that LOL!

Heatcheck
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Flopper!!!

Rockice_8
11-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Good it's Blake Griffin. . . What too late.

Can't wait for the "Mullens makes a jump shot is he the next Dirk" thread.

Rockice_8
11-08-2013, 03:42 PM

Well to be fair all you have to do is see all the join dates around 2010 to see that all the so called fans joined right around the time the big 3 formed. No singling you out cause you've been here prior but there are plenty of "fair weather" fans out there.

Again not calling anyone out but when you leave a finals game early it's embarrassing.

It's not "bandwagoning" it's "fair weathered" fans. Fans that only go when their team is good. I don't blame them though. The weather is great in FL most of the year. I'd rather be outside too.

kylem4711
11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
not a big deal.

FlashBolt
11-08-2013, 03:59 PM

No. The only person I will go into detail about is Mario Chalmers because he is the subject of this thread.
My observations of Mario Chalmers: he is a shitstick.

If you are going to type as if you are an English major student - at least do so properly. Your English is horrific. And, you are a troll.

ghettosean
11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
i'm thinking the same ****. some people need to define badwagoner before they use the word and stereotype other fans for it

Hope this helps you though we all know what a bandwagon fan is but for those who don't....

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bandwagon

(below is a definition from www.dictionary.com)

jump on the bandwagon , climb on the bandwagon , get on the bandwagon to join or give support to a party or movement that seems to be assured of success

You don't need to jump from team to team to be a bandwagon fan... Only become a fan when the team is ASSURED SUCCESS! I.E the #1 and #2 players in the league teaming up with Bosh for long term contracts and for cheap.

2-ONE-5
11-08-2013, 06:08 PM

where i come from this is a bandwagon fan too. Not supporting your home or local team is bandwagon fan.

kdspurman
11-08-2013, 06:24 PM
where i come from this is a bandwagon fan too. Not supporting your home or local team is bandwagon fan.

I was born and raised in NYC, but my mom is from SA. I've been a Spurs fan for 20+ years now, and I'm far from a bandwagon fan. You never know what the back story is on why someone isn't a die hard fan of their local team. Jumping from team to team, or not supporting your team anymore cause they're bad and changing your favorite team to a team in better shape seem more like bandwagon like qualities than not supporting your local team.

ghettosean
11-08-2013, 06:44 PM

So basically you can live in a city all your life and when your team goes to the world series, NBA championship, Stanley cup finals or whatever and you all of a sudden become a fan you are not jumping on the bandwagon????

Where you live and where the team resides is irrelevant when it comes to jumping on a bandwagon I could be from Russia but if I all of a sudden become a Heat fan because Lebron, Wade and Bosh all decide to take smaller deals to form a super team still means I'm jumping on the bandwagon.

Not sure what where you live has to do with anything?

shep33
11-08-2013, 06:58 PM

That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
If you are going to type as if you are an English major student - at least do so properly. Your English is horrific. And, you are a troll.

My English is just fine buddy. Get the sand out of your *****. I was only trolling because he was trying to start an argument with me.

beasted86
11-08-2013, 07:28 PM

Exactly.

Why become the fan of some random team? 99.9% of the time its because: A) The team had some superstar player B) were a winning club at the time

No random person woke up one morning and decided they wanted to be a Bobcats fan "just because" and follow them from halfway across the country.

kdspurman
11-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Exactly.

Why become the fan of some random team? 99.9% of the time its because: A) The team had some superstar player B) were a winning club at the time

No random person woke up one morning and decided they wanted to be a Bobcats fan "just because" and follow them from halfway across the country.

That's just not true at all man... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

ztilzer31
11-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Dirty play it seemed like, but I think Blake will be fine.

Clippersfan86
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Beasted that makes no sense considering there are plenty of people like myself who became fans when the team was at a low. The year I became a fan was the lockout year and we went 7-41. We had no stars, a ton of dysfunction and the Clippers team wasn't popular at all. I actually became a fan by accident in the sense that I was bored one night and listening to the radio.. stumbled across a Clippers broadcast. Ralph Lawler's optimism and humor sucked me in and I've never looked back.

There were times where I FELT like giving up.. but never did. The fact that they are a local team for me made it easy to get really dedicated because I could watch/listen to all of the games.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Beasted that makes no sense considering there are plenty of people like myself who became fans when the team was at a low. The year I became a fan was the lockout year and we went 7-41. We had no stars, a ton of dysfunction and the Clippers team wasn't popular at all. I actually became a fan by accident in the sense that I was bored one night and listening to the radio.. stumbled across a Clippers broadcast. Ralph Lawler's optimism and humor sucked me in and I've never looked back.

There were times where I FELT like giving up.. but never did. The fact that they are a local team for me made it easy to get really dedicated because I could watch/listen to all of the games.

Wasn't it 9-41? Or am I tripping?

nastynice
11-08-2013, 07:58 PM
meh, I don't think that shot was ejection worthy. To be honest, I can't say 100% it was a cheap shot, he could have expected to have made contact a little sooner than he did, trying to dig into his chest and accidentally going a little higher than anticipated.

Based on the thread title I was expecting to see something much more blatant than that

chi-townlove1
11-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Why isn't this thread closed yet

justinnum1
11-08-2013, 08:10 PM
u mad blake?

ztilzer31
11-08-2013, 08:16 PM
That's just not true at all man... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

It's funny he said that because my buddy's little brother decided to be a Bobcats fan the year before they had that horrific season. He's from Seattle born and raised.

kylem4711
11-08-2013, 08:22 PM

good thing your opinion doesn't really matter

SwatTeam
11-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Blake should just be thankful he didn't get killed by Mario Chalmers after the game. Them Alaskans are straight up gang bangers. You guys every seen deadliest catch before? Mario Chalmers grew up like that. He's thug life. Blake Griffin is what Richie Incognito said to Martin in the voicemail. Figure it out, sluts. Im bouncing.

Clippersfan86
11-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Seems like I knew what I was talking about.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 26m
Mario Chalmers has been fined $15,000 & given a flagrant-2 foul for forearm to Blake Griffin last night

Sick and tired of the league fining after the fact and not getting disciplined DURING the game. Know how many times our players have been ejected for far less the last 3 years?

RLundi
11-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Embarrassment of a thread. Detailed talking about "fandom" lol. Pissing contests and **** measuring, in a word: pathetic.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Embarrassment of a thread. Detailed talking about "fandom" lol. Pissing contests and **** measuring, in a word: pathetic.

Nobody had responded to this thread for 30 minutes but you bumped it to the top by posting.

RLundi
11-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Nobody had responded to this thread for 30 minutes but you bumped it to the top by posting.

Likewise.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Likewise.

It was still at the top when I responded.

JC_
11-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Seems like I knew what I was talking about.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 26m
Mario Chalmers has been fined $15,000 & given a flagrant-2 foul for forearm to Blake Griffin last night

Sick and tired of the league fining after the fact and not getting disciplined DURING the game. Know how many times our players have been ejected for far less the last 3 years?

:violin:

We know NBA officiating isn't that great but that forearm or whatever it was, was not a big deal.

RLundi
11-09-2013, 12:55 AM
It was still at the top when I responded.

I doubt it. But whatever gives you a false sense of validation :)

Btw, I'm bumping this thread again. Do alert the National Guard.

ThaDubs
11-09-2013, 12:58 AM
I doubt it. But whatever gives you a false sense of validation :)

Btw, I'm bumping this thread again. Do alert the National Guard.

Yes, it was at the top. And no, I'm not alerting the Nation Guard, I just found it a bit funny that you were complaining about how bad the thread was, and yet you're the one who bumped it back to the top.

Vinny642
11-09-2013, 04:38 AM

Nope I hate NY and NJ fans.... and their teams never interested me.

Been a Hornets/Pels fan since late Charlotte, I would always pick them in NBA Live games for Sega, and so on, and I fell in love with their colors, also cousin was a fan.

Seahawks sort of the same thing, but I loved their fans more. And watching them excited me, and I am a fan of odd color combos.

Braves I adopted from my Mom

Ducks..... same with the NBA Live Sega games, I would always pick them from NHL Games

Has nothing to do with getting back at anyway at all, and plus my dad isnt a big sports fan.

At least I dont jump ship.... and I actually stick thru with my teams through the tough times. The same cannot be said for Heat fans NOR Florida fans in general. So please..... just stop

Delrayhc
11-09-2013, 09:27 AM

Nope I hate NY and NJ fans.... and their teams never interested me.

Been a Hornets/Pels fan since late Charlotte, I would always pick them in NBA Live games for Sega, and so on, and I fell in love with their colors, also cousin was a fan.

Seahawks sort of the same thing, but I loved their fans more. And watching them excited me, and I am a fan of odd color combos.

Braves I adopted from my Mom

Ducks..... same with the NBA Live Sega games, I would always pick them from NHL Games

Has nothing to do with getting back at anyway at all, and plus my dad isnt a big sports fan.

At least I dont jump ship.... and I actually stick thru with my teams through the tough times. The same cannot be said for Heat fans NOR Florida fans in general. So please..... just stop

Congratulations , we are very proud of you!

August 2010

RLundi
11-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Yes, it was at the top. And no, I'm not alerting the Nation Guard, I just found it a bit funny that you were complaining about how bad the thread was, and yet you're the one who bumped it back to the top.

I found it funny that "fandom" was a major topic of this thread, which is a ridiculous concept in itself. And you were one of the offenders. That probably speaks to why you felt compelled to respond, masking your taking offense to what I said as "finding [my complaints] funny."

Regardless, yes I'm bumping this back up, if for no other reason than to emphasize that I absolutely enjoy commenting on and pointing out others' idiotic discussions.

ThaDubs
11-09-2013, 09:45 PM
I found it funny that "fandom" was a major topic of this thread, which is a ridiculous concept in itself. And you were one of the offenders. That probably speaks to why you felt compelled to respond, masking your taking offense to what I said as "finding [my complaints] funny."

Regardless, yes I'm bumping this back up, if for no other reason than to emphasize that I absolutely enjoy commenting on and pointing out others' idiotic discussions.

No. I just responded because I found it ironic that the guy who was talking about how inane and stupid this thread was was the one keeping it alive.

I didn't take part in the discussion about fandom besides saying that there is nothing wrong with being a fan of teams outside of your hometown. I posted once on the subject.

Shlumpledink
11-09-2013, 09:53 PM
From the thread title and initial post I was expecting more than this.

VinceCarter
11-09-2013, 09:58 PM
Good, it's Blake Griffin.

RLundi
11-10-2013, 12:09 AM
No. I just responded because I found it ironic that the guy who was talking about how inane and stupid this thread was was the one keeping it alive.

I didn't take part in the discussion about fandom besides saying that there is nothing wrong with being a fan of teams outside of your hometown. I posted once on the subject.

You're right, please accept my sincerest apologies. I was confused because you have plenty of other posts in this thread that were equally ridiculous. I subconsciously lumped them all in together, you understand.

And here I am adding to the ridiculousness by going back and forth with you on the ridiculousness of your posts. That ends here.

I look forward to your future posts. Unless of course they're steeped in ridiculousness; then in that case I look forward to isolating them :)

ThaDubs
11-10-2013, 12:13 AM
You're right, please accept my sincerest apologies. I was confused because you have plenty of other posts in this thread that were equally ridiculous. I subconsciously lumped them all in together, you understand.

And here I am adding to the ridiculousness by going back and forth with you on the ridiculousness of your posts. That ends here.

I look forward to your future posts. Unless of course they're steeped in ridiculousness; then in that case I look forward to isolating them :)

Yeah I did say some ridiculous **** on this thread, huh. Oh well.

Vinny642
11-10-2013, 04:20 AM

August 2010

Haha Heat "fans" lmaoooo you do make me laugh when i go on the nba forum, i thank you and your pathetic fan base for that, and I mean that sincerely

Raps18-19 Champ
11-10-2013, 04:21 AM
Doesn't deserve suspension. Fine and upgrade is fair.

*Superman*
11-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Doesn't deserve suspension. Fine and upgrade is fair.

Figures. You do know being hit hard enough in the throat can be life threatening right?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-10-2013, 04:41 AM
Severity is not the ultimate decision maker. Things such as intent should be considered as well.

Just like in life, every situation is different. You can have different sentences for car accidents based on intent, severity and other factors surrounding the situation.

I'll give you 2 examples (don't try to relate it to this incident about Chalmers). Which is more punishable? Accidentally running someone in the court where they get a season ending knee surgery? Or intentionally pnching someone mid game (and they just get a bruise)?

Context. Need to use it every once in a while.

*Superman*
11-10-2013, 04:58 AM
Severity is not the ultimate decision maker. Things such as intent should be considered as well.

Just like in life, every situation is different. You can have different sentences for car accidents based on intent, severity and other factors surrounding the situation.

I'll give you 2 examples (don't try to relate it to this incident about Chalmers). Which is more punishable? Accidentally running someone in the court where they get a season ending knee surgery? Or intentionally pnching someone mid game (and they just get a bruise)?

Context. Need to use it every once in a while.

The reason he was suspended was because it was a stupid decision on his part and he let his emotions get in the way. There was absolutely no reason to throw an elbow. Not sure why you're brining up intent when it was to harm another player. The league doesn't tolerate such actions and it is a no brainer that he was suspended.

I just can't see how you can think it was wrong for the league to suspend him.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-10-2013, 05:05 AM
The reason he was suspended was because it was a stupid decision on his part and he let his emotions get in the way. There was absolutely no reason to throw an elbow. Not sure why you're brining up intent when it was to harm another player. The league doesn't tolerate such actions and it is a no brainer that he was suspended.

I just can't see how you can think it was wrong for the league to suspend him.

Huh? I said that I don't think a suspension was required for Chalmers. Who are you talking about regarding the elbow?

I just made up examples to show that that you need more than just the severity of the action. I got the sense that you were in support of a Chalmers suspension because of the fact that it cause a lot of damage to hit someone in the throat. I saw the video and I didn't think there was conclusive evidence he tried to do anything on purpose. I hate Chalmers but I don't think he should get punished with a suspension if he just hit someone at the wrong place and the wrong time. That's why I brought up intent. If he did that on purpose, then sure he should be suspended. While I think he did try to hurt Griffin because Chalmers is just a dick, I didn't see enough evidence to support my opinion.

*Superman*
11-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Huh? I said that I don't think a suspension was required for Chalmers. Who are you talking about regarding the elbow?

I just made up examples to show that that you need more than just the severity of the action. I got the sense that you were in support of a Chalmers suspension because of the fact that it cause a lot of damage to hit someone in the throat. I saw the video and I didn't think there was conclusive evidence he tried to do anything on purpose. I hate Chalmers but I don't think he should get punished with a suspension if he just hit someone at the wrong place and the wrong time. That's why I brought up intent. If he did that on purpose, then sure he should be suspended. While I think he did try to hurt Griffin because Chalmers is just a dick, I didn't see enough evidence to support my opinion.

I'm talking about Chalmers throwing and elbow/forearm at Blake. Yes I understand that you felt he shouldn't be suspended, and I was saying they made the right call.

Okay I get what you're saying now. Well I thought it was clear what he was trying to do. Matched with his smirk at the end like he didn't try to do it gave it away. Someone else mentioned Blake and Mario have a history which doesn't make this any more surprising that it was done on purpose. How many players run through screens and end up elbowing a guy in a throat. My guess is very, very few.

Watched it again to confirm with myself one more time, no doubt in mind that it wasn't done on purpose.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-10-2013, 05:16 AM
Oh, I thought you were trying to argue the opposite.

Yea, I do think he did it on purpose, but not enough evidence (NBA has been inconsistent with these types of plays though). If he got a 1 game suspension, I wouldn't really fight it because Chalmers is just a dick.

ThaDubs
11-10-2013, 05:19 AM
Haha Heat "fans" lmaoooo you do make me laugh when i go on the nba forum, i thank you and your pathetic fan base for that, and I mean that sincerely

Hey, no more ridiculousness, or else RLundi will come in here and bash your post while using the largest words possible in the most sophisticated fashion to try and establish superiority over you.

RLundi
11-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Hey, no more ridiculousness, or else RLundi will come in here and bash your post while using the largest words possible in the most sophisticated fashion to try and establish superiority over you.

"Largest words"? LOL you've just proved you have the vocabulary (and probably by extension, the intellect) of a toilet seat. If you think any words that I'm using are "most sophisticated," I'm sorry but that's a reflection of your own shortcomings and feelings of inferiority, not any demonstration of superiority on my end.

I know I promised not to respond but loophole! You're continuing your ridiculousness, which gives me free reign to comment and bash your post ;)

Delrayhc
11-10-2013, 08:20 AM

August 2010

Your welcome. If this is the type of thing that brings joy into your life then more power to you.

August 2010

Vinny642
11-10-2013, 08:22 AM

I dont know who that is lol

Vinny642
11-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Your welcome. If this is the type of thing that brings joy into your life then more power to you.

August 2010

Doesnt bring JOY but makes me laugh

ThaDubs
11-10-2013, 03:07 PM
"Largest words"? LOL you've just proved you have the vocabulary (and probably by extension, the intellect) of a toilet seat. If you think any words that I'm using are "most sophisticated," I'm sorry but that's a reflection of your own shortcomings and feelings of inferiority, not any demonstration of superiority on my end.

I know I promised not to respond but loophole! You're continuing your ridiculousness, which gives me free reign to comment and bash your post ;)

You're not understanding. I wasn't making fun of the way you post. No, no, of course not. Your intelligence and wit are unmatched, Professor Lundi.

Maybe instead of arguing through the internet like a couple of dorks, we should be amazed by, and discuss, the fact that despite having the equal intelligence and vocabulary of an inanimate object that people use to **** and piss into, I am able to miraculously construct sentences such as this one.

RLundi
11-10-2013, 04:00 PM
You're not understanding. I wasn't making fun of the way you post. No, no, of course not. Your intelligence and wit are unmatched, Professor Lundi.

Maybe instead of arguing through the internet like a couple of dorks, we should be amazed by, and discuss, the fact that despite having the equal intelligence and vocabulary of an inanimate object that people use to **** and piss into, I am able to miraculously construct sentences such as this one.

Miracles happen everyday. So this isn't completely shocking. Marginally, sure. Or perhaps this is the product of Dictionary.com app. Either way, I'm enjoying myself, aren't you?

Oh and I'm flattered, but I'm hardly a professor. Someday though, hopefully. I appreciate the encouragement.