PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Redraft Finals: (1) Jericho vs (1) Mankato - (Jericho Wins Championship)

Shammyguy3
11-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Every year the Bulls' Forum holds a game where GM's creates the best team via a clean slated fantasy, snake-draft and also by means of trade. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of the Bulls' Forum 2013 NBA Re-Draft.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series. Some teams have written their own "write-ups" detailing why they should win this series.

JERICHO HAS HOME COURT ADVANTAGE

1. Jericho
G: Jrue Holiday - Nate Robinson
G: J.J. Redick - John Jenkins - Marquis Daniels
F: Kevin Durant - Earl Clark
F: Thaddeus Young - Patrick Patterson
C: Larry Sanders - Jason Thompson - Gustavo Ayon

1. Mankato
PG: Mario Chalmers l Raymond Felton l Darius Miller
SG: Bradley Beal l E'Twaun Moore
SF: Lebron James l Draymond Green
PF: Ersan Ilyasova l Brandon Bass
C: Nikola Pekovic l Greg Stiemsma l Robert Sacre

*** No Write-Ups

Shammyguy3
11-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Think I'm leaning Jericho

bloomis1307
11-06-2013, 10:21 PM
No writeups from either for a finals? This makes me not even want to vote

Shammyguy3
11-07-2013, 12:04 AM
Yup

TrueFan420
11-07-2013, 12:56 AM
No write up for a final is a joke. Also best team isn't in the final.

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 02:00 AM
I was going to do one for the final, but have absolutely no time during the week. Sorry to those teams that would have.

I'll just add quickly before I have to sleep, that Jrue, Durant, and Nate would be able to gash the Mankato defense with Pekovic and Ilyasova protecting the rim. LeBron is LeBron, but there's no one in the league that can completely stop Durant. Let alone without any protection behind them.

Defensively on LeBron, we have plenty of top perimeter defenders to make him work offensively with Durant, Earl Clark, and Marquis Daniels. Along with Sanders being one of the premiere rim protectors in the league and a DPOY candidate. He also won't have to worry about leaving the paint with Pekovic due to his inability to be effective away from the rim. Thad will have no trouble blanketing Ilyasova, and Jrue's perimeter defense can give Beal plenty of fits, while Redick masks Chalmers on the 3-point line.

We provide great spacing for Durant and Jrue to penetrate as well, with good 3-point shooting and big men that can step out and shoot.

Jason Thompson: 42.0% from 16-23', 49.4% from 10-15'
Patrick Patterson: 49.0% from 16-23', 53.3% from 10-15', 38.6 3PT%
JJ Redick: 50.0% from 16-23', 44.4% from 10-15', 38.9 career 3PT%
Kevin Durant: 43.0% from 16-23', 56.3% from 10-15', 41.6 3PT%
John Jenkins: 41.0% from 16-23', 50.0% from 10-15', 38.4 3PT%
Jrue Holiday: 37.7 career 3PT%
Nate Robinson: 40.5 3PT%

I'll add more this tomorrow or this weekend if I have time.

AI
11-07-2013, 02:23 AM
It's a shame the best team in the entire redraft got DQ'd. :p

Shammyguy3
11-07-2013, 11:57 AM
I agree. It's a shame that the best team in the draft got DQ'd by going over their hard-cap by means of drafting Anthony Randolph in the 12th round.

Killerjug
11-07-2013, 12:02 PM
sorry been busy.

Why I think we will win.

Offensively we are extremely Balanced. We have 3 guys who can shoot 39% from deep (Chalmers 41% Beal 39% Ilyasova 44%). This also doesnt take into account Lebron improving as a perimeter shooter as well and with Lebron on your team spacing is extremely important. Then you add into account Pekovic who has a post game and posted a solid TS% of .572 last year. I understand that Holiday and Sanders are both good defenders but with Lebrons ability to drive the ball to the hoop, it will require a lot of help from the wings or Sanders which will leave people open to shoot and as you can see my team is built for this scenario.

Defensively we feel pretty confident in this series. While Durant is going to get his, he has one of if not. Then you have Larry Sanders who we are confident will do just about nothing offensively with a solid defender in Pekovic on him. Then we have Jrue Holiday who posted a .496 TS% last year with 0.6 WS. Chalmers is also an above average defender at the PG position so if Holiday is forced to be the #2 option in this series, we feel we can make him inefficient and will be the downfall of the team.

We also love our Bench and have the ability to Bring Felton who provides leadership and the ability to run the floor if Lebron is on the bench. Then we have Brandon Bass who has shown to be a solid 2 way player in the playoffs. Then having Stiemmsa in defensive situations if need be.

Killerjug
11-07-2013, 12:05 PM
I was going to do one for the final, but have absolutely no time during the week. Sorry to those teams that would have.

I'll just add quickly before I have to sleep, that Jrue, Durant, and Nate would be able to gash the Mankato defense with Pekovic and Ilyasova protecting the rim. LeBron is LeBron, but there's no one in the league that can completely stop Durant. Let alone without any protection behind them.

Defensively on LeBron, we have plenty of top perimeter defenders to make him work offensively with Durant, Earl Clark, and Marquis Daniels. Along with Sanders being one of the premiere rim protectors in the league and a DPOY candidate. He also won't have to worry about leaving the paint with Pekovic due to his inability to be effective away from the rim. Thad will have no trouble blanketing Ilyasova, and Jrue's perimeter defense can give Beal plenty of fits, while Redick masks Chalmers on the 3-point line.

We provide great spacing for Durant and Jrue to penetrate as well, with good 3-point shooting and big men that can step out and shoot.

Jason Thompson: 42.0% from 16-23', 49.4% from 10-15'
Patrick Patterson: 49.0% from 16-23', 53.3% from 10-15', 38.6 3PT%
JJ Redick: 50.0% from 16-23', 44.4% from 10-15', 38.9 career 3PT%
Kevin Durant: 43.0% from 16-23', 56.3% from 10-15', 41.6 3PT%
John Jenkins: 41.0% from 16-23', 50.0% from 10-15', 38.4 3PT%
Jrue Holiday: 37.7 career 3PT%
Nate Robinson: 40.5 3PT%

I'll add more this tomorrow or this weekend if I have time.

Lets not act like Pek is a terrible defender because he is certainly an average one at least

Shammyguy3
11-07-2013, 01:09 PM
finally, some debate hopefully

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Defensively we feel pretty confident in this series. While Durant is going to get his, he has one of if not. Then you have Larry Sanders who we are confident will do just about nothing offensively with a solid defender in Pekovic on him. Then we have Jrue Holiday who posted a .496 TS% last year with 0.6 WS. Chalmers is also an above average defender at the PG position so if Holiday is forced to be the #2 option in this series, we feel we can make him inefficient and will be the downfall of the team.

Larry will provide as much spacing as Pekovic, as both are glued to the rim area. We simply don't need Sanders to create scoring opportunities with the other offensive weapons and spacing we have. He does finish at the rim at a high rate (65.4%), which is exactly the looks he will get with the overcompensation needed to stop our penetration.

And we're not worried about Holiday's efficiency at all. Those numbers were with a team that focused on him as the primary scoring option with a 26.6 USG%. The main source for his efficiency was also low FT attempts, which should come along just fine on a top tier team. The presence of Durant will take significant focus off of Jrue and allow him to flourish, with more spacing and offensive firepower than he's ever played with in the past.

And as far as Chalmers ability to stop him, Jrue put up these averages against Chalmers and the Heat defense last season:

17.3 PPG, 8.0 APG, 5.0 RPG, 47.4 FG%, 60.0 3PT%

Lets not act like Pek is a terrible defender because he is certainly an average one at least

Being an average defender doesn't make him a viable rim protector. Pekovic excels at post defense, and to get the most out of him defensively he needs a weak-side defender that can cover the basket (Ibaka, Taj, Davis would be ideal candidates), and Ilyasova is horrendous in that category. That frontcourt is simply not a threat to challenge Durant, Holiday, Nate, or even Redick on penetration.

Matter.
11-07-2013, 03:20 PM
They have no writeups until.now looool

Shammyguy3
11-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Larry will provide as much spacing as Pekovic, as both are glued to the rim area. We simply don't need Sanders to create scoring opportunities with the other offensive weapons and spacing we have. He does finish at the rim at a high rate (65.4%), which is exactly the looks he will get with the overcompensation needed to stop our penetration.

And we're not worried about Holiday's efficiency at all. Those numbers were with a team that focused on him as the primary scoring option with a 26.6 USG%. The main source for his efficiency was also low FT attempts, which should come along just fine on a top tier team. The presence of Durant will take significant focus off of Jrue and allow him to flourish, with more spacing and offensive firepower than he's ever played with in the past.

And as far as Chalmers ability to stop him, Jrue put up these averages against Chalmers and the Heat defense last season:

Being an average defender doesn't make him a viable rim protector. Pekovic excels at post defense, and to get the most out of him defensively he needs a weak-side defender that can cover the basket (Ibaka, Taj, Davis would be ideal candidates), and Ilyasova is horrendous in that category. That frontcourt is simply not a threat to challenge Durant, Holiday, Nate, or even Redick on penetration.

Defending Mankato's defense: Lebron James is a great weak-side defender, and he can makeup for Pekovic lack of "rim" protecting.

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Defending Mankato's defense: Lebron James is a great weak-side defender, and he can makeup for Pekovic lack of "rim" protecting.

Not when it's his man that's gotten by him to get to the rim (Durant). Or the fact that he'd be leaving Durant when protecting the rim from Jrue, Nate, Redick, etc. Durant would lock and load all series if given those looks.

Killerjug
11-07-2013, 03:57 PM

Who is going to be penetrating? You Have Reddick who is a spot up shooter, Durant who will have James on him and will have the ball in his hands more often if you claim to drop Jrue's usage, or Jrue who has Chalmers on him who is a good defender. You're not going to sell me on an extremely small sample size of Jrue vs Chalmers because Chalmers has shown he can hold his own defensively over the course of a season and playoffs.

What happens when the outside shots aren't falling? You claim that Sanders can finish at the rim but he still has no post game where as Pek has demonstrated he is great in the post. James will be able to drive far more easily than Durant will and wherever the help will be coming from it will leave somebody open whether its my efficient 3 point shooters or Pek down low

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Who is going to be penetrating? You Have Reddick who is a spot up shooter, Durant who will have James on him and will have the ball in his hands more often if you claim to drop Jrue's usage, or Jrue who has Chalmers on him who is a good defender. You're not going to sell me on an extremely small sample size of Jrue vs Chalmers because Chalmers has shown he can hold his own defensively over the course of a season and playoffs.

You're not very familiar with Redick's game then. As he handled the ball a pretty good amount, while showing plenty of ability to penetrate and create shots. Taking 26% of his shots within 16' (19% within 8'). He's our 4th or 5th option to create, so not really going to be a problem.

And what would you like to base your claims on then? Stating Chalmers is going to stop Jrue because he's a good defender is fine, but where's the backing for it? That sample size is tangible evidence that we have to go on, and he wasn't able to stop Jrue with an even better defensive cast around him than Mankato has. The same goes for Durant who has lit up LeBron and Miami numerous times over the past two years. Neither of these guys are going to stop each other one-on-one, that'd be silly to claim, but we're far more adept behind Durant to deal with LeBron than LeBron's cast is to handle Durant.

What happens when the outside shots aren't falling? You claim that Sanders can finish at the rim but he still has no post game where as Pek has demonstrated he is great in the post. James will be able to drive far more easily than Durant will and wherever the help will be coming from it will leave somebody open whether its my efficient 3 point shooters or Pek down low

Don't talk like we're a team built on burying threes and playing wide open. We have plenty of weapons that can create high percentage baskets for themselves and the rest of the team, along with Thad's ability to score around the basket (60% from within 8', with 66% of his shots coming in that area). But if you want to take your chances and pack the paint on shooters like Redick, Nate, Patterson, Jenkins, Durant, then be my guest.

And the opportunities you're talking about with Pek being open down low from LeBron's penetration don't give him any edge over what Sanders would be doing in those same situations. You're relegating your second best option to mop up duty. And I see no way we would struggle having him post us anyway, with Sanders' length giving him fits and his ineffectiveness in passing out of the post.

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Anyway, I'm back to work and off of here for a while.

Killerjug
11-07-2013, 04:37 PM
You're not very familiar with Redick's game then. As he handled the ball a pretty good amount, while showing plenty of ability to penetrate and create shots. Taking 26% of his shots within 16' (19% within 8'). He's our 4th or 5th option to create, so not really going to be a problem.

And what would you like to base your claims on then? Stating Chalmers is going to stop Jrue because he's a good defender is fine, but where's the backing for it? That sample size is tangible evidence that we have to go on, and he wasn't able to stop Jrue with an even better defensive cast around him than Mankato has. The same goes for Durant who has lit up LeBron and Miami numerous times over the past two years. Neither of these guys are going to stop each other one-on-one, that'd be silly to claim, but we're far more adept behind Durant to deal with LeBron than LeBron's cast is to handle Durant.

Don't talk like we're a team built on burying threes and playing wide open. We have plenty of weapons that can create high percentage baskets for themselves and the rest of the team, along with Thad's ability to score around the basket (60% from within 8', with 66% of his shots coming in that area). But if you want to take your chances and pack the paint on shooters like Redick, Nate, Patterson, Jenkins, Durant, then be my guest.

And the opportunities you're talking about with Pek being open down low from LeBron's penetration don't give him any edge over what Sanders would be doing in those same situations. You're relegating your second best option to mop up duty. And I see no way we would struggle having him post us anyway, with Sanders' length giving him fits and his ineffectiveness in passing out of the post.

So if were going to go by this then

Pek Averaged about 21 Points and 12 Boards against Sanders last season on 60% shooting does that mean that Larry Sanders is unable to guard him?

And where I am I saying I am going to pack the paint? All I said is that your not going to be able to penetrate as easily which is where you say Sanders will succeed because Pek would have to come help leaving Sanders open for easy buckets.

Shammyguy3
11-07-2013, 09:15 PM
I think Jericho would penetrate easier than Mankato

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 09:43 PM
So if were going to go by this then

Pek Averaged about 21 Points and 12 Boards against Sanders last season on 60% shooting does that mean that Larry Sanders is unable to guard him?

And where I am I saying I am going to pack the paint? All I said is that your not going to be able to penetrate as easily which is where you say Sanders will succeed because Pek would have to come help leaving Sanders open for easy buckets.

Well those two games panned out as 14 points on 41.7% shooting (11/30), and 27 points on 78.6% shooting (4/3). And from the highlights for that 4/3 game, Pekovic saw Dalembert, Udoh, Ilyasova, and Sanders defending him. While the majority of his baskets while Sanders was defending him (and in general) came from being set up nicely by Rubio, rather than generated on his own. Though, selling my team aside, I think it would actually be a good matchup. Sanders has length and greater athleticism to bother Pek, but Pek does have bulk that can prove to be a handful at times.

And I'm referring to the comment about shots not falling, if you want to hope for that, then by all means, pack the paint and let our shooters chuck away (this can go both ways). I'll bank on my team's shooting ability to be able to overcome that. And I'm not buying that we won't be able to penetrate at a high rate.

kingbrentg
11-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Another point I want to make on our ability to create easy baskets, is our ability to not only get out in transition from misses, but create those transition opportunities at a high rate. Whether it's from blocks or steals, we have great options to disrupt the opposing offense and get out in the open court.

Larry Sanders: 3.7 BP36, 1.0 SP36
Kevin Durant: 1.3 BPG, 1.4 SPG
Thaddeus Young: 0.8 BP36, 1.8 SP36
Jrue Holiday: 0.4 BPG, 1.6 SPG
Nate Robinson: 0.2 BP36, 1.5 SP36
Earl Clark: 1.2 BP36, 1.0 SP36
Marquis Daniels: 0.3 BP36, 1.7 SP36
Gustavo Ayon: 0.8 BP36, 1.1 SP36
Jason Thompson: 1.0 BP36, 0.8 SP36
Patrick Patterson: 0.8 BP36, 0.6 SP36

jericho
11-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Who the hell is using my name? lol

KnicksorBust
11-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Jericho has better talent but the Lebron team would have better chemistry.

Killerjug
11-08-2013, 03:12 PM
bump

Killerjug
11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
bump

Shammyguy3
11-09-2013, 04:10 PM
4 hours left

kingbrentg
11-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Good game, KJ. You built a great team