PDA

View Full Version : If Lebron missed a season

Trueblue2
11-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Is there anyone on that team that could take over as a number one option as effectively as Pippen did when Michael was absent?

Was the lack of drop off due to superior coaching? or was Pippen just that good?

With a coach like Phil would Wade/Bosh be enough to make the ECF?

P.S. I'm not trying to elevate Lebron's status with this nor am I trying to knock Michael. It's a legit question.

jstone0716
11-06-2013, 06:07 PM
I think Wade/Bosh and co would be good enough to make the playoffs.. 50 win ceiling, 5-6 seed, first round exit.. possibly 2nd round sweep depending on seeding. Wade and Bosh would both step their games up but it just wouldn't be enough. Pacers and Paul George would take over.

beasted86
11-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Well assuming LeBron isn't on the HEAT for a year and we are no longer in the luxury tax and can add a legit impact defensive SF or C starter, I think they could make the ECF with the team as constructed.

If you simply subtract LeBron and add nobody else, the team would be hard pressed to make it past the 2nd round if they face any one of Indy, Brooklyn, or Chicago.

archdevil84
11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
all would depend on how wade would play. wade could be a similar lebron on a team if he realy steps his game up which means it would kinda be like the heat a few years ago just adding bosh

5ass
11-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Wade cant even handle a full season and play offs as a number 2 option without getting injured.

Chronz
11-06-2013, 06:44 PM
So many factors went into MJ's 93 season and the following years unexpected success.

Minimal
11-06-2013, 06:45 PM
The team is constructed around James. Without James the team will perform really poor.
Playoffs 1st or 2nd round exit team.

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Theyd be ok. Wade takes over, Bosh back to the block instead of being a jump shooter. Still got Rio, Cole, Ray, UD, Battier and now B Easy.

In the east coast I'd give them about 55-58 wins. ECF loss to Indy ( which may very well happen anyway btw )

Rain City
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Theyd be ok. Wade takes over, Bosh back to the block instead of being a jump shooter. Still got Rio, Cole, Ray, UD, Battier and now B Easy.

In the east coast I'd give them about 55-58 wins. ECF loss to Indy ( which may very well happen anyway btw )

this is what i would have expected on last years team. bosh and wade were really good. maybe only 52-55 wins. i dont know if wade, battier, UD are as good this yr, but rio and definitely cole are better. spoe is a good if not great coach. they at least make div rd IMO, maybe ECF, but bulls and nets are better this yr.

Heatcheck
11-06-2013, 08:23 PM
this is what i would have expected on last years team. bosh and wade were really good. maybe only 52-55 wins. i dont know if wade, battier, UD are as good this yr, but rio and definitely cole are better. spoe is a good if not great coach. they at least make div rd IMO, maybe ECF, but bulls and nets are better this yr.

I can agree with this...

and can we please stop saying Pippen made it to the ECF without Jordan? I don't know who started that ****, but he never made it out of the second round.
Its amazing that in this day in age, with google, people still repeat that.

they lost to Magic in the second round, and then to the Knicks in the second round.

UPRock
11-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Bad, Wade is not the same player, and we have seen that.

FYL_McVeezy
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Is there anyone on that team that could take over as a number one option as effectively as Pippen did when Michael was absent?

Was the lack of drop off due to superior coaching? or was Pippen just that good?

With a coach like Phil would Wade/Bosh be enough to make the ECF?

P.S. I'm not trying to elevate Lebron's status with this nor am I trying to knock Michael. It's a legit question.

Pip was just that good.

amos1er
11-06-2013, 09:29 PM
In 2011 without Lebron the Heat would likely have done just as well. Made it out the weak east for sure. Wade was ballin that year. Would have lost to the Mavs most likely though. Lebron pulled a disappearing act in the finals anyways... It's basically like he wasn't there. Same result.

In 2012, Bosh was injured and Wade was starting to decline. No Lebron = No title that year. Would have lost to Boston in the WCF.

In 2013, They most likely lost in the ECF to Indiana. Lose to the Spurs for sure.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-06-2013, 11:00 PM
5 or 6 seed.

Lebron is really really good.

NoahH
11-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Beasley would take over obviously

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-07-2013, 05:24 PM
First name that comes to mind is Dwayne Wade.