PDA

View Full Version : The apologize to Dwight thread

Pages : [1] 2

ztilzer31
11-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Forum for people in the future, and people today to apologize to Dwight. I have no problem with people questioning his attitude but questioning his game crossed the line for me. He's back, and just as good as ever. Who knows where the Rockets go this year, but he's definitely the best Center in the league again...

BY FAR

Hellcrooner
11-06-2013, 12:00 AM
14,5 ppg ?

lol.

he doe snot have any SKILLS outside of being an oaf of nature.

no post moves, no iq, no ****.

just freaky muscles probably gotten by doping.

good luck with him when muscles start going old.

and the dude left l.a cause kobe chuked much and he wanted to be the man.............hope he is enjoying hard-on chuking now.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Huh?? He's NOWHERE near as good as he's ever been.

SugeKnight
11-06-2013, 12:11 AM
naw

Hawkeye15
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
he is nowhere near as good as his Orlando days a few years ago. Will he ever be? Who knows.

And no way I apologize for calling the dude a total 13 year old girl the way he dealt with the previous 2 years contractually/team wise. I will always stick up for his physical toughness, but he is a drama queen.

alexander_37
11-06-2013, 12:12 AM
18 and 8 on 6/7 shooting tonight and it isn't even at halftime yet.

goku
11-06-2013, 12:16 AM
14,5 ppg ?

lol.

and the dude left l.a cause kobe chuked much and he wanted to be the man.............hope he is enjoying hard-on chuking now.

is the season over yet ??? its only 5 games in

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 12:18 AM
is the season over yet ??? its only 5 games in

Same reason we shouldn't say something like "As good as he's ever been". Dwight in Orlando was FAR more athletic than the Dwight I'm seeing.

FOBolous
11-06-2013, 12:18 AM
the Rockets do still need to work on getting him involve on offense.

Hellcrooner
11-06-2013, 12:24 AM

they better or he will be demmanding a trade in about 20 days from now and giving dead stares to harden.

Teeboy1487
11-06-2013, 12:26 AM
I'll apologize when he win some championships in Houston.

TheRazorboy
11-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Dear Dwight,

I'm truly sorry you're such an irresolute, hypocritical, pathologically dishonest, egomaniacal putz.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 12:31 AM
Let's apologize to Dwight for dropping an 18/8 half on Robin Lopez. Not sure WTF this does to warrant any sort of apology. Only a fickle fan who has his head up his as would say something like this. Dwight has proven time and time again to be a self centered douchebag and a terrible teammate. I don't owe him anything but a middle finger. I still can't believe he rejected a trade to the Rockets just a year earlier prior to Harden after making fun of the Heat for joining with stars. Then the very next year he signs with the Rockets to play with another superstar. Frontrunning coward.

ThaDubs
11-06-2013, 12:37 AM
We're all sorry Dwight. We're all sorry your an ******* who looks like a praying mantis.

alexander_37
11-06-2013, 12:46 AM
8/10 FT's 8/9 FG's and 24 points

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 12:50 AM
8/10 FT's 8/9 FG's and 24 points

He's a great player and unquestionably top 10 this year if he doesn't get hurt. But people seem to forget how dominant Orlando Dwight was. Given that Dwight's soon to be 29 I doubt he will ever be back quite to that level. 23 ppg, 14 rpg, 1.5 spg, 2.5 bpg... is what his peak year was. He's at like 14 ppg, 15 rpg, .5 spg, 1.5 bpg before this game tonight... not anywhere near as athletic or powerful. Not making fun of the guy just don't like comments like "apologize to Dwight" and "as good as he ever was".

Bruno
11-06-2013, 01:00 AM
:laugh2:

at least his great game from tonight will bring up his TS% and WS/48 which have both been garbage though the first four games.

he'll have a good year, but there's plenty about his game that can be criticized. lets leave it at that.

goku
11-06-2013, 01:00 AM
He's a great player and unquestionably top 10 this year if he doesn't get hurt. But people seem to forget how dominant Orlando Dwight was. Given that Dwight's soon to be 29 I doubt he will ever be back quite to that level. 23 ppg, 14 rpg, 1.5 spg, 2.5 bpg... is what his peak year was. He's at like 14 ppg, 15 rpg, .5 spg, 1.5 bpg before this game tonight... not anywhere near as athletic or powerful. Not making fun of the guy just don't like comments like "apologize to Dwight" and "as good as he ever was".]

he looks athletic tonight he been jumping out the roof on lobs he have caught tonight

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 01:01 AM
he is nowhere near as good as his Orlando days a few years ago. Will he ever be? Who knows.

And no way I apologize for calling the dude a total 13 year old girl the way he dealt with the previous 2 years contractually/team wise. I will always stick up for his physical toughness, but he is a drama queen.
Come on Hawkeye. I know what he did in Orlando was BS. But if you truly don't see a difference in his game already your blind. The chemistry isn't their yet, but Dwight looks 10X better.

Htownballa1622
11-06-2013, 01:01 AM
Yeah this thread is a bit pre-mature.

Let his game do the talking and the only way to gain back respect is to win and do it while being careful what is said to the media.

Look at Lebron.

Not saying Dwight will even win like that. Just saying he just needs to play. No excuses.

Bruno
11-06-2013, 01:05 AM
18 and 8 on 6/7 shooting tonight and it isn't even at halftime yet.

lets see of a couple months of this first. if he continues it into the post-season then he'll get his due. the book will be out on dwight until the summer.

P&GRealist
11-06-2013, 01:06 AM
Yes, going 8/10 from the field against Robin Lopez means he's back.

Sly Guy
11-06-2013, 01:09 AM
lol at the claims of greatness after less than 2 weeks of season.

FOBolous
Yeah this thread is a bit pre-mature.

Let his game do the talking and the only way to gain back respect is to win and do it while being careful what is said to the media.

Look at Lebron.

Not saying Dwight will even win like that. Just saying he just needs to play. No excuses.

Yea this thread is premature...let it be known that rockets fans didn't start this thread

P&GRealist
Oh, and he's still as turnover prone as ever. 4 tonight and counting.

Bishnoff
11-06-2013, 01:24 AM

This.

still1ballin
11-06-2013, 01:27 AM
lol wut?

JeremiahWing
11-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Apologize to the most overrated and overhyped player in a generation, who by the way, happens to be a total *******? I think I'll pass.

mightybosstone
11-06-2013, 01:44 AM
God dammit.... Why did OP have to go and make this thread? It's way too early for crap like this, and I'd like to keep the Dwight hate and the Rockets hate to a minimum for a while. Let's all just shut the **** up until the guy has had a decent sample size to really analyze. Has he looked better so far than he looked in LA last year? Unquestionably. Is he the same guy as he was in Orlando? Not close yet. But it's five freaking games.

jam
11-06-2013, 01:55 AM
Stop posting, dude. Seriously, you've got 7K posts and you're still posting drivel. He's 27, soon to be 29. lmfao + smh.

He's a great player and unquestionably top 10 this year if he doesn't get hurt. But people seem to forget how dominant Orlando Dwight was. Given that Dwight's soon to be 29 I doubt he will ever be back quite to that level. 23 ppg, 14 rpg, 1.5 spg, 2.5 bpg... is what his peak year was. He's at like 14 ppg, 15 rpg, .5 spg, 1.5 bpg before this game tonight... not anywhere near as athletic or powerful. Not making fun of the guy just don't like comments like "apologize to Dwight" and "as good as he ever was".

JeremiahWing
11-06-2013, 02:02 AM
God dammit.... Why did OP have to go and make this thread? It's way too early for crap like this, and I'd like to keep the Dwight hate and the Rockets hate to a minimum for a while. Let's all just shut the **** up until the guy has had a decent sample size to really analyze. Has he looked better so far than he looked in LA last year? Unquestionably. Is he the same guy as he was in Orlando? Not close yet. But it's five freaking games.

I respect this post a lot.

jam
11-06-2013, 02:11 AM
Dwight's dwight. He's the same ol' snake in the grass he's always been. After the loss, he said that the rockets "weren't prepared" for the clippers, implying that the coaching staff was to blame for the loss. Game 4 and he's already throwing mchale under the bus.

Get ready for "dwightmare, episode no. infinity."

FOBolous
11-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Dwight's dwight. He's the same ol' snake in the grass he's always been. After the loss, he said that the rockets "weren't prepared" for the clippers, implying that the coaching staff was to blame for the loss. Game 4 and he's already throwing mchale under the bus.

wow...that's a far reach there, buddy.

ThuglifeJ
11-06-2013, 02:23 AM
anyone who says hes the best hes ever been never watched him in Orlando. Dude was a monster, still lacked offensive moves but he made up for it by his dominant defense and rebounding and athleticism.

hes still the best center right now but in Orlando he was definitely more impactful

mightybosstone
11-06-2013, 02:30 AM

What the ****? Saying your team "wasn't prepared" has nothing to do with the coaching staff. It's a two-way street that calls out the entire team. Quit reading too much into two words to try and pass off your nonsensical conspiracy theory crap.

obie
11-06-2013, 02:39 AM
Ice Cube said it best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5bUpOEHcw

CityofChaos
11-06-2013, 02:47 AM
Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA...and it's a damn shame. How on earth did we go from watching poetry in motion in big men such as Hakeem Olajuwon who had BEAUTIFUL foot work, a low post repertoire, and an impressive mid-range jumpshot to watching a sloppy, robotic Dwight Howard who has no low post game and can't even box out properly?

jam
11-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Of course he had a bigger impact. He was playing in the nba's dleague, otherwise known as the eastern conference.

anyone who says hes the best hes ever been never watched him in Orlando. Dude was a monster, still lacked offensive moves but he made up for it by his dominant defense and rebounding and athleticism.

hes still the best center right now but in Orlando he was definitely more impactful

jam
11-06-2013, 03:02 AM
What the ****? Saying your team "wasn't prepared" has nothing to do with the coaching staff. It's a two-way street that calls out the entire team. Quit reading too much into two words to try and pass off your nonsensical conspiracy theory crap.

Are you really dumb enough to believe the coaching staff has no responsibility to prepare their team against an opponent? Yeah, you really are. :)

jam
11-06-2013, 03:03 AM
Center play may be the worst it's ever been in the nba.

Dwight Howard is the best center in the NBA...and it's a damn shame. How on earth did we go from watching poetry in motion in big men such as Hakeem Olajuwon who had BEAUTIFUL foot work, a low post repertoire, and an impressive mid-range jumpshot to watching a sloppy, robotic Dwight Howard who has no low post game and can't even box out properly?

John Walls Era
11-06-2013, 04:35 AM
LOL If people should apologize to Dwight after 5 games (stats look great, impact is meh), then we would have a list of 100 things to apologize for.

KingPosey
11-06-2013, 05:04 AM

The problem is I've started to realize, that will ALWAYS be a problem with DH. It became a problem in Orlando, obviously in LA as well. He's just so ****ing limited offensively you can't run anything through him. He turns the ball over like crazy and can't pass out of double teams, and his lack of footwork is always harped on.

I think hes the best center in the game. He just kinda has to generate offense for himself through his rebounding and physical prowess.

Pierre The Poet
11-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Oh, and he's still as turnover prone as ever. 4 tonight and counting.

And what would u know about turnovers

LAcowBOMBER
11-06-2013, 05:42 AM
I came in here hoping this thread would be awesome and it did not disappoint

RLundi
11-06-2013, 05:53 AM
No, why should I?

He's been mediocre. I'll consider it if he wins a championship with the Rockets. Honestly, I get he's in a much better position now than with Orlando as far as talent-wise, and I can't blame him for wanting the bright lights of LA, but he truly had it good in Orlando: top 3 player that was featured in the offense, a city that hung on his every word and a winning culture when he entered his prime. Not saying he'll ever regret leaving, but he'll never be as elite a player as he was with the Magic.

That is all.

eso
11-06-2013, 06:47 AM
I'll take Mark Gasol over Coward any day of the weak. Flashy plays don't make you a better player..

Badluck33
11-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Sorry dwight...

that yo daddy didnt pull out.

lakerfan85
11-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Sorry dwight...

that yo daddy didnt pull out.

Lol!!

ewing
11-06-2013, 09:08 AM
why would i apologize to him b/c he acted like a *******?

minato_17
11-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Dwight,

I am sorry that you have no post moves, turn it over when you post, and blame other people for your shortcomings.

blahblahyoutoo
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
dwight still has no offensive moves so...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9932666

jam
11-06-2013, 10:21 AM
dwight still has no offensive moves so...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9932666

espn trolling us all. :)

JasonJohnHorn
11-06-2013, 10:35 AM
What am I apologizing for?

mike_noodles
11-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Dear Dwight, I'm sorry that you're such a douchebag.

There I apologized.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Come on Hawkeye. I know what he did in Orlando was BS. But if you truly don't see a difference in his game already your blind. The chemistry isn't their yet, but Dwight looks 10X better.

watched about 8 minutes of Rox ball this year. I will catch them when I feel like it, but he still hasn't consistently resembled the player he was a couple years ago. He may not, who knows. Taking a back seat may hamper his numbers and partially his impact, but I would like to see that over 82 games before I make a decision.

But apologizing for what? I was never onboard with those who said he sucked, game over. And I still think he was a monster 13 year old girl for 2 years, and deserves any bit of criticism that comes his way.

Hawkeye15
11-06-2013, 10:44 AM

to be fair, you knew it was coming man. Overreaction city either way was coming for Dwight this year.

Wrigheyes4MVP
11-06-2013, 11:23 AM
Well, this much is clear....

Dwight Howard wasn't the source of the Laker's issues.

Rockets fans won't hate Dwight like Laker's fans did because their team will actually win a significant amount of games with him.

The Lakers just had too many issues and declining players. Dwight's injuries and drama overshadowed the real reasons why the Lakers weren't winning games.

As far as Dwight is concerned nowadays....he is heathier now and in a less toxic situation, so the results are going to be better. He is probably in decline which is expected, but still easily the best Center in the game.

I won't apologize though because I never had a reason to apologize. I always recognized the Dwight drama as a huge over exaggeration by the media, Lakers fans, and others who just don't like the guy.

He is a great big man. He isn't a perfect player, but his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. I don't think he is good enough to carry a team on his back, but given the right situation, he can bring a team a ton of success in the win column. I think Houston is the right situation. LA was not.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 11:36 AM
watched about 8 minutes of Rox ball this year. I will catch them when I feel like it, but he still hasn't consistently resembled the player he was a couple years ago. He may not, who knows. Taking a back seat may hamper his numbers and partially his impact, but I would like to see that over 82 games before I make a decision.

But apologizing for what? I was never onboard with those who said he sucked, game over. And I still think he was a monster 13 year old girl for 2 years, and deserves any bit of criticism that comes his way.

Not trying to insinuate that you were one of the ones that doubted his game. Just saying that this thread isn't about apologizing for what he did in Orlando. We all know he was a complete baby/diva in Orlando. Just saying he's back to being the old Dwight when it comes to production. He looks like a dominating force defensively, and is solid offensively. He still needs to work on that post game, but Dwight is looking GOOOOOOOOOODDDDD.

Try to catch a couple of Rockets games when you get a chance. The explosiveness is on a completely different level from last year.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I've decided half of you literally can't read. I never said apologize for Dwight leaving the Magic in ruins. I said apologize for criticizing his game, and acting like he sucked.

I've discovered the problem with the NBA forum! Illiterate posters!

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 11:44 AM
BTW I don't need a bigger sample size. I can watch basketball, and see the game without a stat sheet. Not saying stats don't matter, but if you don't see a difference between Dwight last year to this year... Well you're blind.

Rockets still have chemistry issues that are expected, and are in no way as good as they can be. However Dwight looks great.

ShockerArt
11-06-2013, 11:52 AM
He's still a giant assbag. He should be apologizing to me.

ManRam
11-06-2013, 11:55 AM
I feel no need to apologize to Dwight.

I've been defending his ability for a while now. It's amazing to me how willing people were to forget just how great and game-changing he was in Orlando because of a tumultuous stint in Los Angeles, one that also included a recovery from a pretty serious back surgery. But in the end, his play will force people to remember just how great he was, so there's no reason to go around begging people to.

I don't like the guy, but hopefully for his sake people will start moving on and give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's where he allegedly really wants to be. If he's happy there's no reason he won't be like he was in Orlando early on, that being a dominant force and a fun-loving (at least on appearance) guy.

He still doesn't look like the same Dwight, but he looks much better, and I don't think that's a fluke.

ghettosean
11-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Can we wait at least a month or so before we start making threads like this... after 4 games there has been threads about this player sucks and this player is back. Honestly give it at least a month before we start making threads like this and especially saying people need to apologize.

Orlando D12 got a crappy team to the NBA finals... If he can get a young and much more talented Houston team there then I'll say he's back beyond that I'm not saying squat.

JeremiahWing
11-06-2013, 01:11 PM
I'll take Mark Gasol over Coward any day of the weak. Flashy plays don't make you a better player..

X2. In every scenario imaginable.

b@llhog24
11-06-2013, 01:13 PM
He looks more comfortable out there. He's just gotta get his reps up.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Can we wait at least a month or so before we start making threads like this... after 4 games there has been threads about this player sucks and this player is back. Honestly give it at least a month before we start making threads like this and especially saying people need to apologize.

Orlando D12 got a crappy team to the NBA finals... If he can get a young and much more talented Houston team there then I'll say he's back beyond that I'm not saying squat.

So you need a full year to decide someone is clearly playing better? Sure Dwight could tear his ACL and not be good, but you should be able to have an opinion without a year's worth of stats lol.

I think it's fairly easy to develop opinions without a huge sample size. Especially for a player that is known for his defense. You don't need stats to see someone is dominating on defense, and changing how a team plays. Rockets look like a different team defensively already, and Dwight looks like the same player he was in Orlando. Aggressive on the boards, and a game changer on defense.

mike_noodles
11-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I've decided half of you literally can't read. I never said apologize for Dwight leaving the Magic in ruins. I said apologize for criticizing his game, and acting like he sucked.

I've discovered the problem with the NBA forum! Illiterate posters!

Or it's stupid threads that constantly come up... just sayin.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
I feel no need to apologize to Dwight.

I've been defending his ability for a while now. It's amazing to me how willing people were to forget just how great and game-changing he was in Orlando because of a tumultuous stint in Los Angeles, one that also included a recovery from a pretty serious back surgery. But in the end, his play will force people to remember just how great he was, so there's no reason to go around begging people to.

I don't like the guy, but hopefully for his sake people will start moving on and give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's where he allegedly really wants to be. If he's happy there's no reason he won't be like he was in Orlando early on, that being a dominant force and a fun-loving (at least on appearance) guy.

He still doesn't look like the same Dwight, but he looks much better, and I don't think that's a fluke.

Honestly it just bothers me that this forum tries to convince people that great players are bad. It happened with LBJ when he went to Miami. All of a sudden people started to talk about how he was crap, and then after the Heat lost in the finals, and people on this forum were literally saying LBJ wasn't even a top 5 player in the NBA. It's not stupid. It's moronic. Idiotic. ****ing ridiculous.

I want people to actually make judgement's on peoples game based on their own basketball knowledge. Not just wild claims and speculation. Watch the game, and tell me really what you think.

None of this is of course pointed at you. I know you haven't jumped on the Dwight sucks bandwagon, and talked trash about his game like many others. Very commendable for a Magic fan that had to deal with the disaster. However 60% of the NBA fans in this forum think Dwight is horrible.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Or it's stupid threads that constantly come up... just sayin.

That you post in and read all my posts on? Just sayin.

JeremiahWing
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
That you post in and read all my posts on? Just sayin.

I think it's fairly obvious you did your side of the argument a disservice by making this thread at this point. If I were you, I'd take it like a man and move on.

ManRam
11-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Honestly it just bothers me that this forum tries to convince people that great players are bad. It happened with LBJ when he went to Miami. All of a sudden people started to talk about how he was crap, and then after the Heat lost in the finals, and people on this forum were literally saying LBJ wasn't even a top 5 player in the NBA. It's not stupid. It's moronic. Idiotic. ****ing ridiculous.

I want people to actually make judgement's on peoples game based on their own basketball knowledge. Not just wild claims and speculation. Watch the game, and tell me really what you think.

None of this is of course pointed at you. I know you haven't jumped on the Dwight sucks bandwagon, and talked trash about his game like many others. Very commendable for a Magic fan that had to deal with the disaster. However 60% of the NBA fans in this forum think Dwight is horrible.

Agreed.

We all chomp at the bit to tear people down. We did it with Bron and Kobe. We've done it multiple times with Wade now with thread after thread popping up claiming how he's "done". And so on and so on. It's remarkable how eager it seems most are to convince themselves these star players are trash...and how willing they are to throw logic out the window. I've fallen victim to it a few times myself, admittedly.

I don't get emotional with most players...if I feel public perception is incorrect I'll start arguing. I used to be accused of being a Dwight hater early on because I felt people were too quick to crown him and his very real flaws were too often overlooked. That problem now has basically been reversed -- we harp on his very real flaws to the point where we devalue him too much -- so I find myself arguing in a different manner now.

Since public perception seemingly has been skewed too far in the wrong direction I'm going to be vocal about it. Not because I like the guy...because I certainly don't....but because there's no reason to be irrational about it.

I assure you the real Dwight is closer to the Dwight in his later Orlando years than the Dwight of last season...and it really is amazing to me that a lot of people don't feel that same way. What happened last year was a tiny sample size in a terrible environment while recovering from a serious injury. Pardon me if I'm more willing to believe he's the guy he established himself as before last season. :shrug:

He's a twat and I hate how he left Orlando and how terrible he made that season for his fans...but why let that cloud my judgement of him as a player?

Hawkeye15
11-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Not trying to insinuate that you were one of the ones that doubted his game. Just saying that this thread isn't about apologizing for what he did in Orlando. We all know he was a complete baby/diva in Orlando. Just saying he's back to being the old Dwight when it comes to production. He looks like a dominating force defensively, and is solid offensively. He still needs to work on that post game, but Dwight is looking GOOOOOOOOOODDDDD.

Try to catch a couple of Rockets games when you get a chance. The explosiveness is on a completely different level from last year.

well then, I never had anything to apologize for in the first place :)

IgglesFanInCO
11-06-2013, 02:07 PM

Ya I remember all the "which player would you start your franchise with" threads where Dwight and LBJ were 1a and 1b

He was a beast, hes nowhere near that anymore, still probably best C in the league though

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Apologize because of a good game against a scrub team and forget about him sitting out the first half and his team getting blown out against a legit team the night before? Makes sense to me!

Seriously dude can you wait at least until, I don't know, allstar break?

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Ya I remember all the "which player would you start your franchise with" threads where Dwight and LBJ were 1a and 1b

He was a beast, hes nowhere near that anymore, still probably best C in the league though

Yup. In fact... I think I said I'd take Dwight when those conversations were happening. Because that was before Lebron went to this untouchable 2013 level and before he won a ring. Dwight also was THAT dominant as an all around force in like 2011.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 02:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riJyn2t_998

Here's the way I'd apologize to Dwight. But in basketball terms lol.

htownlegend
11-06-2013, 02:29 PM
I go overseas for a few months and come back to this?! geez..

well, i wasnt exactlky begging for dwight to come here but i'll take the production from our C spot, i don't care what his name is..

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 02:31 PM
I don't think people are making stuff up about him. They just say....

Cant run your offense through him and win a ring....True

Turnover machine in the post..... True

Whines about touches too much..... True

Athleticism not what is was 3 years ago.... True

Refused to do what the coach asked him to do by running pick and roll..... True

Didn't try as hard as he could last year..... True

I don't think he deserves an apology even if he goes on to win a ring this year. People are just giving their opinion on a player. Its no different from people saying Lebron would not win a ring until he improved his jump shot. It turns out the people who criticized him were right. He drastically improved his outside shooting and won two since. Sometimes players need to improve. Dwight has a lot of room for improvement. If he changes for the better, he should be thanking the criticizers for pointing out his flaws so that he could work on them.

foonaka
11-06-2013, 02:47 PM
I apologize to Dwight for him being the most overrated player in NBA history. Call me Dwight when you get some actual post moves, quit dropping rebounds, and start acting like you actually want to win a championship and then I'll really apologize.

Current centers who are more skilled than Dwight (in no particular order):

Brook Lopez
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Enes Kanter
Greg Monroe
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol
Joakim Noah
Chris Kaman

FOBolous
11-06-2013, 02:48 PM
I apologize to Dwight for him being the most overrated player in NBA history. Call me Dwight when you get some actual post moves, quit dropping rebounds, and start acting like you actually want to win a championship and then I'll really apologize.

Brook Lopez
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Enes Kanter
Greg Monroe
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol
Joakim Noah
Chris Kaman

Lakers fans be hating.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 02:51 PM

I don't think he deserves an apology even if he goes on to win a ring this year. People are just giving their opinion on a player. Its no different from people saying Lebron would not win a ring until he improved his jump shot. It turns out the people who criticized him were right. He drastically improved his outside shooting and won two since. Sometimes players need to improve. Dwight has a lot of room for improvement. If he changes for the better, he should be thanking the criticizers for pointing out his flaws so that he could work on them.

Please explain me your proof that Dwight didn't try? Please explain to me where anyone has ever pretended like Dwight was a great post player. He's still solid though. Not nearly the level he is defensively, but to say he's bad is false.

He complained about wanting the ball on a night he had 6 touches. 6 TOUCHES. Phil Jackson himself said that Dantoni didn't have a plan for getting Dwight the ball in the post.

Great players ***** when they don't get their way. This includes Jordan, Kobe, LBJ, Dwight. **** happens.

I don't see any fall in athleticism. I saw him struggle a little last season after BACK SURGERY. Something that Lakers fans seemed to never understand last year.

He refused to run the pick and roll? I don't remember him ever refusing to run the pick and roll.

LeperMessiah
11-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Lol that's adorable.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Lakers fans be hating.

You have an obsession with Laker fans. You love to generalize an entire group when the quote the post of one person. The KKK has a similar issue with distinguishing the actions of one or a few with an entire group. You should work on that

FOBolous
11-06-2013, 02:55 PM

False. Prove: Dwight led the Magic to the Finals in 2010 as the centerpiece of their offense. He also averaged 27 ppg on 63% shooting while shooting 68% from the FT line in the playoffs that year.

i give you that

he only did this in LA when he was playing with the most selfish superstar in the league.

jury is still out on that

he only did that in LA...which was due to him being unhappy in LA. i think he was just looking or excuses to complain because he was so unhappy. but he ran plenty of PnRs during his 8 years in Orlando and is running them in Houston.

i give you that too.

he definitely deserves an apology if he plays well even if he doesn't win a ring, because many haters are claiming he's not the best C in the league when he clearly is and are saying many untrue things about him from his ONE year in LA.

You have an obsession with Laker fans. You love to generalize an entire group when the quote the post of one person. The KKK has a similar issue with distinguishing the actions of one or a few with an entire group. You should work on that

lol. so now i'm on par with the KKK? ok.

alexander_37
11-06-2013, 02:56 PM

Brook Lopez
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Enes Kanter
Greg Monroe
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol
Joakim Noah
Chris Kaman

Lmao, you just went full ******.

Bruno
11-06-2013, 03:07 PM
this thread is a troll thread in nature. it should be closed, but i won't be the one to do it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Please explain me your proof that Dwight didn't try?

Dwight Howard said in an interview that during the all start break he sat in his hotel room and told himself that he was no longer going to sulk and be upset about not getting touches. He said he was going to play as hard as he could for the rest of the season and see where they ended up. Miraculously he started playing much better. I guess his back healed as soon as he made up his mind to try hard even if he was not getting the ball as much as he wanted.

Please explain to me where anyone has ever pretended like Dwight was a great post player. He's still solid though. Not nearly the level he is defensively, but to say he's bad is false.

Dwight pretends that he is a great post player. Why else would he be asking to be fed the ball so much down there. Im pretty sure I seen that Dwight had the most post attempts out of anyone in the league last year but scored only .73 points per possession. Which may have been ranked 75th in the league. Forgive my memory but it was somewhere in that range.

He complained about wanting the ball on a night he had 6 touches. 6 TOUCHES. Phil Jackson himself said that Dantoni didn't have a plan for getting Dwight the ball in the post

If you think that he only complained one night then you are misinformed and we will just leave it at that.

Great players ***** when they don't get their way. This includes Jordan, Kobe, LBJ, Dwight. **** happens.

The difference is that Kobe, LBJ, and Jordan are great offensive players. They have a reason to want the ball. Dwight wanting the offense ran through him would be like Tyson Chandler or Ben Wallace demanding that the offense be ran though them. Tyson Chandler is efficient as hell on offense. Do you think Knick fans want him to initiate the offense?

I don't see any fall in athleticism. I saw him struggle a little last season after BACK SURGERY. Something that Lakers fans seemed to never understand last year.

Dwight said himself before the Clipper game that he is not what he was in Orlando still. No one forgot that he had BACK SURGERY. Its a given that he would not be what he was. Only if Dwight would have realized it.... If he would have accepted the fact that he was not explosive which happened to be the only reason he was successful on offense in the first place, he maybe would not have cried when he wasn't allowed to turn the ball over on offense. If he would have said "I am hurt so I will do my best on defense and set picks" people would appreciate the effort. But he didn't. He wanted to be the man even though he was having a horrible year.

He refused to run the pick and roll? I don't remember him ever refusing to run the pick and roll.

Steve Nash said so in an interview with Dan Patrick. D'antoni confirmed in a separate interview. When Dwight did go to "set a screen" he would always avoid the contact and slip the screen. That falls back to not playing as hard as he could.

Heatcheck
11-06-2013, 03:24 PM
he has no post moves

you cant run an offense through him (playing with a bunch of 3 pt shooters and getting put backs off missed shots, which is what he did in Orlando, is not running an offense though him)

hes soft and avoids contact

he forced his way to LA (im not even upset about that) and when they traded their best trade piece for him, he wanted to leave

Kobe was anything but selfish last year, so you can keep that excuse

and no, 17 and 14 with a block a game, doesn't merit a max contract and doesn't get you an apology.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 03:29 PM
=FOBolous]False. Prove: Dwight led the Magic to the Finals in 2010 as the centerpiece of their offense. He also averaged 27 ppg on 63% shooting while shooting 68% from the FT line in the playoffs that year.

Proof? How about the fact that he has been in the league for 10 years now and hasn't won and even in the year that you site as you "proof" against my argument he was dismantled by a team with real bigs. They got there through a KG-less Celtic team and a Cavs team with no bigs worth mentioning. When he played against a hurt Bynum and a "weak" Gasol they destroyed him. His numbers in the finals were horrendous 4 out of the 5 games they played. He got his first dunk of the series in game 3.

i give you that

Thanks

he only did this in LA when he was playing with the most selfish superstar in the league.

No, he did the same in Orlando. Why do you think he wanted to be traded? He is shooting on par this year with last year. Just wait....

jury is still out on that

Do you think you get more athletic as you get older after back surgery?

he only did that in LA...which was due to him being unhappy in LA. i think he was just looking or excuses to complain because he was so unhappy. but he ran plenty of PnRs during his 8 years in Orlando and is running them in Houston.

So its okay to ignore your coach if you are unhappy? Got it.

i give you that too.

Thanks again

he definitely deserves an apology if he plays well even if he doesn't win a ring, because many haters are claiming he's not the best C in the league when he clearly is and are saying many untrue things about him from his ONE year in LA.

Like I said, no one deserves an apology for being criticized. Everyone is criticized at some point in their life. Its up to that person to choose to justify if that critique is valid or not and work on it or not. Its not a blatant insult. Its an opinion and everyone has a different one.

lol. so now i'm on par with the KKK? ok.

Where did I say you were on par with them. Just said you have ONE common trait. Wanting to lump an entire group into one category to diminish them in some way.

Clippersfan86
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm sorry that you're just a turd that can't hold your liquid out in public! Now you get on out my face before I pick you up and toss you out that window!

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 03:41 PM
this thread is a troll thread in nature. it should be closed, but i won't be the one to do it.

It isn't a troll thread at all. It's fact. Probably more than half the posters in this forum have been saying Dwight is a horrible Center. That he's overrated. He's not. One of the best defensive players you'll ever see. Yet people act like he's a 2nd rate superstar.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 03:42 PM

Is that line from Tropic Thunder? LMFAO. I love that movie

AIRMAR72
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
the Rockets do still need to work on getting him involve on offense.Really

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 03:44 PM
he has no post moves

you cant run an offense through him (playing with a bunch of 3 pt shooters and getting put backs off missed shots, which is what he did in Orlando, is not running an offense though him)

he forced his way to LA (im not even upset about that) and when they traded their best trade piece for him, he wanted to leave

and no, 17 and 14 with a block a game, doesn't merit a max contract and doesn't get you an apology.

Yeah your right. He's the worst player ever. So true. Kaman is definitely better.

ManRam
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Brook Lopez
Tim Duncan
Pau Gasol
Enes Kanter
Greg Monroe
Roy Hibbert
Marc Gasol
Joakim Noah
Chris Kaman

You call him overrated, then proceed to share a list of players you deem more "skilled" in an effort to demean him, and insinuate that unless you can hit 20 foot jumpers and have "skill", you aren't great. There's no way anyone is overrating him nearly as much as you are desperately trying to underrate him.

Who cares how "skilled" a player is? All that matters is how good a player is, right? Results are all that matters, not how you achieve them. You could say Jose Calderon is more skilled than Russell Westbrook, but why the hell even bother? What does that matter?

Even if Enes Kanter and Chris Kaman (LOL) are more "skilled" than Dwight, who the hell cares? They aren't 1/10th the player he is :laugh2:

Nothing wrong with being great because you're hyper-athletic. Doesn't mean you're any less of a player than you actually are.

5ass
11-06-2013, 04:07 PM
You call him overrated, then proceed to share a list of players you deem more "skilled" in an effort to demean him, and insinuate that unless you can hit 20 foot jumpers and have "skill", you aren't great. There's no way anyone is overrating him nearly as much as you are desperately trying to underrate him.

Who cares how "skilled" a player is? All that matters is how good a player is, right? Results are all that matters, not how you achieve them. You could say Jose Calderon is more skilled than Russell Westbrook, but why the hell even bother? What does that matter?

Even if Enes Kanter and Chris Kaman (LOL) are more "skilled" than Dwight, who the hell cares? They aren't 1/10th the player he is :laugh2:

Nothing wrong with being great because you're hyper-athletic. Doesn't mean you're any less of a player than you actually are.

he forgot the blank list of "centers currently better than Howard".

Bruno
11-06-2013, 04:13 PM
what about brook lopez? isn't he in the discussion. his PER and WS/48 are dominant thus far. just saying.

5ass
11-06-2013, 04:27 PM
i dont think anyone would take Brook Lopez over Howard. Defense and rebounding is just too important for the center position.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 04:29 PM
what about brook lopez? isn't he in the discussion. his PER and WS/48 are dominant thus far. just saying.

Brooks is a great player, and deserves recognition. However Dwight is one of the best defensive players of ALL TIME when healthy. What in the world is Brooks Lopez best all time at?

Brooks a really good offensive player who's weak on the glass and is average on defense. The fact that you even bring him up as comparable to Dwight as far as effect on a team is literally a joke. It shows your own failure to understand how good Dwight really is.

ghettosean
11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
So you need a full year to decide someone is clearly playing better? Sure Dwight could tear his ACL and not be good, but you should be able to have an opinion without a year's worth of stats lol.

I think it's fairly easy to develop opinions without a huge sample size. Especially for a player that is known for his defense. You don't need stats to see someone is dominating on defense, and changing how a team plays. Rockets look like a different team defensively already, and Dwight looks like the same player he was in Orlando. Aggressive on the boards, and a game changer on defense.

Well we don't have to wait the entire season but a few games into the season is a bit premature. I watched when he got 26 boards in his first game and well most of those rebounds were unopposed or just went right too him so it's hard for me to say he's back. I'd rather wait till he goes up against an elite center at least before making proclamations like he's back. If he beats up on Gasol (Marc), Tyson Chandler (healthy), Bogut... etc then I'll say he's back but as of right now I'll say he's playing good but not the D12 we saw in Orlando.

I remember him getting chewed up by Dirk in the preseason so if he can handle a top big man that makes your argument a little more valid right now we have just seen a sample size of D12 in Houston... A very small sample size... Just not enough to say HE'S BACK and everyone owes him an apology.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Well we don't have to wait the entire season but a few games into the season is a bit premature. I watched when he got 26 boards in his first game and well most of those rebounds were unopposed or just went right too him so it's hard for me to say he's back. I'd rather wait till he goes up against an elite center at least before making proclamations like he's back. If he beats up on Gasol (Marc), Tyson Chandler (healthy), Bogut... etc then I'll say he's back but as of right now I'll say he's playing good but not the D12 we saw in Orlando.

I remember him getting chewed up by Dirk in the preseason so if he can handle a top big man that makes your argument a little more valid right now we have just seen a sample size of D12 in Houston... A very small sample size... Just not enough to say HE'S BACK and everyone owes him an apology.

Fair enough.

Heatcheck
11-06-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah your right. He's the worst player ever. So true. Kaman is definitely better.

another exaggerator on their period. I never mentioned Kaman, and nothing I said was wrong. MY point is he's not worth the max, regardless of how good or bad any other Center is, and that 17 and 14 through 5 games doesn't merit any kind of "apology". but that IS a compelling counterpoint you bring up.

TheIlladelph16
11-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Why the **** would anyone apologize to Dwight Howard? He was literally my favorite player for years, but that doesn't mean he gets an apology for being a whiney **** for the last 2 plus years.

I don't listen to any of the Lakers' fan or Dwight hater nonsense either. He is, when healthy, the best C in the NBA. Hands down. The impact that Dwight has on both ends of the court just isn't matched right now. Lakers fans should be on their knees thanking Dwight Howard for fighting through a serious injury and rushing back to get on the court, and then proceeding to put up some solid stats. You know what you could have had last season? Andrew "Glass Knees" Bynum. Just because he didn't want to play for LA, doesn't mean is the most overrated player in the NBA etc. You literally gave up nothing to get an all-star level center.

That being said, no one owes him an apology. His behavior at the end of his tenure in Orlando has earned him the scrutiny that he still has to deal with. I just don't feel particularly bad for the guy.

Bruno
11-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Brooks is a great player, and deserves recognition. However Dwight is one of the best defensive players of ALL TIME when healthy. What in the world is Brooks Lopez best all time at?

Brooks a really good offensive player who's weak on the glass and is average on defense. The fact that you even bring him up as comparable to Dwight as far as effect on a team is literally a joke. It shows your own failure to understand how good Dwight really is.
show me the numbers. lopez crushes dwight in every relevant advanced stat thus far. your commentary is meaningless without the numbers to support your claims.

I'm assuming you haven't watched lopez this year. could dwight pass him in advanced line? maybe, but until then the numbers are the numbers. through five games dwight has posted second tier superstar numbers, like it or not.

here are the numbers for posters who want to evaluate players with numbers, and not blindly with their own emotion:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lopezbr01&y1=2014&p2=howardw01&y2=2014

Houston is currently 25th out of 30 teams in defensive rating. they're anchored by Dwight. The numbers are the numbers and no amount of borderline trolling or emotional posting is going to change that.

beliges
11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Dwight will get apologies once he wins a title. Given that he has not improved but actually gotten worse throughout the last few seasons.I don't ever see that happening. The guy has wasted his talent thus far and that is always very regrettable to fans.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
show me the numbers. lopez crushes dwight in every relevant advanced stat thus far. your commentary is meaningless without the numbers to support your claims.

I'm assuming you haven't watched lopez this year. could dwight pass him in advanced line? maybe, but until then the numbers are the numbers. through five games dwight has posted second tier superstar numbers, like it or not.

here are the numbers for posters who want to evaluate players with numbers, and not blindly with their own emotion:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lopezbr01&y1=2014&p2=howardw01&y2=2014

Houston is currently 25th out of 30 teams in defensive rating. they're anchored by Dwight. The numbers are the numbers and no amount of borderline trolling or emotional posting is going to change that.

Lopez has been better for these first few games but sample size my friend. Although he was better than Howard last year as well...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=howardw01&y1=2013&p2=lopezbr01&y2=2013

I do think that Dwight will have a better year this year than Lopez though. Lopez best attribute is his offense and he has a lot of offensive talent on his team which should diminish his impact somewhat. Dwight is only one of a few offensive options on the Rockets. As long as he gets back to what he was in Orlando he should be better.

Bruno
11-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Lopez has been better for these first few games but sample size my friend. Although he was better than Howard last year as well...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=howardw01&y1=2013&p2=lopezbr01&y2=2013

I do think that Dwight will have a better year this year than Lopez though. Lopez best attribute is his offense and he has a lot of offensive talent on his team which should diminish his impact somewhat. Dwight is only one of a few offensive options on the Rockets. As long as he gets back to what he was in Orlando he should be better.
he could totally have a better year the Brook Lopez (but as you said Brook was better last year as well). But OP stated aggressively that Howard is hands down the best center in the league and that anyone who thinks other wise doesn't understand basketball. so i presented some numbers. saying that brook is better than howard or will finish the year with better numbers wasn't my point- although he very well could. my point was that howards advanced line through five games is almost the same as it was in LAL, and that his Rockets are 25th in defensive rating. I also wanted to point out that he has posted second tier super-star numbers this year, at best. Brook has also blocked five more shots in one less game and has been very active defensively. his rebounding is his major flaw.

i don't think well ever see 2009 Howard again. but of course he'll still be very good, and I could be wrong.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 05:45 PM

I love it when people tell me I don't watch certain players then post advance stats to support their claim. YOU SEE! THIS NUMBER IS HIGHER THAN THIS NUMBER! HE'S CLEARLY WORSE!

MORE BLOCKS MEANS BETTER DEFENDER RIGHT?

Sorry I can't dumb myself down to that level. There are definitely things stats prove, but to say they completely tell the whole story is BS. Brooks lopez has never averaged over 10 rebounds in his career. He's an average at best center defensively. Dwight is a game changer. He makes teams have to play around the perimeter, and he completely nullifies anyone's post game. He has terrific range on defense.

Wasn't Anderson Verajao leading in PER this time last season? Was he the best player in the league because of that? I don't need stats to tell me Dwight Howard is the best defensive big man BY FAR in the NBA. Brooks is better offensively sure. I think everyone would agree with that. However Brooks isn't even in the same league as Dwight. Your homer blinders are showing.

PraiseJesus
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Dwight is and always was overrated.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 05:46 PM
he could totally have a better year the Brook Lopez (but as you said Brook was better last year as well). But OP stated aggressively that Howard is hands down the best center in the league and that anyone who thinks other wise doesn't understand basketball. so i presented some numbers. saying that brook is better than howard or will finish the year with better numbers wasn't my point- although he very well could. my point was that howards advanced line through five games is almost the same as it was in LAL, and that his Rockets are 25th in defensive rating. I also wanted to point out that he has posted second tier super-star numbers this year, at best. Brook has also blocked five more shots in one less game and has been very active defensively. his rebounding is his major flaw.

i don't think well ever see 2009 Howard again. but of course he'll still be very good, and I could be wrong.

LOL. Brooks is an average defender. If you think blocks determines how good someone is on defense then you're basketball knowledge is limited.

FOBolous
11-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Proof? How about the fact that he has been in the league for 10 years now and hasn't won and even in the year that you site as you "proof" against my argument he was dismantled by a team with real bigs. They got there through a KG-less Celtic team and a Cavs team with no bigs worth mentioning. When he played against a hurt Bynum and a "weak" Gasol they destroyed him. His numbers in the finals were horrendous 4 out of the 5 games they played. He got his first dunk of the series in game 3.

you act like Dwight is the first superstar to not win a championship. Durant has never win a championship. Stockton has never won a championship. Malone has never won a championship. that doesn't mean you can't run your offense through any of them and win a championship. Put a good team around Durant or, in the case of Stockton and Malone, take Jordan out and any of them is good enough to lead a team to a championship. not winning a championship (yet) does not = to cant run your offense through him and win a ring.

and you citing bad games doesn't take away from the FACT that he averaged a very efficient 27 ppg during his Finals run with Orlando.

Thanks

:)

No, he did the same in Orlando. Why do you think he wanted to be traded? He is shooting on par this year with last year. Just wait....

he wanted to be traded because he did not believe in Orlando's FO ability to put a winning team around him. he isn't the first superstar to leave a team because of this.

Do you think you get more athletic as you get older after back surgery?

i never said he'll be MORE athletic. i said the jury's still out if he still just as athletic.

So its okay to ignore your coach if you are unhappy? Got it.

and Kobe never ignored a coach not named Phil before?

Thanks again

yup

Like I said, no one deserves an apology for being criticized. Everyone is criticized at some point in their life. Its up to that person to choose to justify if that critique is valid or not and work on it or not. Its not a blatant insult. Its an opinion and everyone has a different one.

if he plays well with the Rockets this year, he more than prove his haters wrong.

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 06:10 PM
If Dwight defended the paint as vigorously as his fans defend him he would be MVP....

foonaka
11-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Lakers fans be hating.

Yeah, Lakers fans be hating players that are overrated, constantly drop balls in the post, and quit when the going gets tough. Sorry that we're used to winning.

Let me tell you something else, I never liked Dwight, even before he came to the Lakers and I never wanted him to begin with. The only good thing that trade did for us was to rid us of Andrew Bynum. Dwight proved his worth while he was here and I am SO glad he's in Houston. Now Rockets fans will have a reason to hate him after this season and they'll be stuck with him for three more years.

foonaka
11-06-2013, 06:18 PM

In order to call someone "the best" he has to be "the best". My point in posting those players names was to show a list of players who are better than him overall. I'm tired of people calling him "the best" when he's clearly not even the best player at his position.

By the way, have you watched these other guys play basketball? They at least know what the words "team" and "effort" mean and can make shots from other places on the floor other than just a dunk shot. Even Gheorghe Muresan put up nearly 15 & 10 one season, but no one called him "the best". He could dunk, too, by the way.

LAKERMANIA
11-06-2013, 06:22 PM

They can't or else they will slow the game down.

RLundi
11-06-2013, 06:25 PM
In order to call someone "the best" he has to be "the best". My point in posting those players names was to show a list of players who are better than him overall. I'm tired of people calling him "the best" when he's clearly not even the best player at his position.

By the way, have you watched these other guys play basketball? They at least know what the words "team" and "effort" mean and can make shots from other places on the floor other than just a dunk shot. Even Gheorghe Muresan put up nearly 15 & 10 one season, but no one called him "the best". He could dunk, too, by the way.

That list is an abomination. If you honestly think Dwight isn't better than every one of those centers, you are egregiously incorrect.

ztilzer31
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM
The whole Dwight "lacks effort" thing is complete bogus. He played with a torn labrum in his shoulder, and was still rehabbing from back surgery. You act like he's Bynum and took the season off. The only time Dwight has ever looked like he's lacked effort is the final year of being in Orlando. When he was also injured.

Guy is fun to watch and a top 5 player in this league. Lakers fans are just mad Dwight didn't stay, and since they're not use to rejection they have to make up some fable of a guy not being good enough to play in LA, and lacking effort, and how he's overrated. It's like when you break up with a chick, and that chick just starts talking mad **** about you everywhere. Get over it. You hating him doesn't make him a bad player.

foonaka
11-06-2013, 07:54 PM
That list is an abomination. If you honestly think Dwight isn't better than every one of those centers, you are egregiously incorrect.

I don't care about his athleticism. I dare you to prove that he's a better overall player and more highly skilled than any one of those guys. Double dare.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-06-2013, 08:15 PM
The whole Dwight "lacks effort" thing is complete bogus. He played with a torn labrum in his shoulder, and was still rehabbing from back surgery. You act like he's Bynum and took the season off. The only time Dwight has ever looked like he's lacked effort is the final year of being in Orlando. When he was also injured.

Guy is fun to watch and a top 5 player in this league. Lakers fans are just mad Dwight didn't stay, and since they're not use to rejection they have to make up some fable of a guy not being good enough to play in LA, and lacking effort, and how he's overrated. It's like when you break up with a chick, and that chick just starts talking mad **** about you everywhere. Get over it. You hating him doesn't make him a bad player.

You act like Laker fans just started to point out Dwight's flaws AFTER he left. Go ask ManRam if that was the case. Last year he was always in the Laker forum sticking up for Dwight when Laker fans were calling him out saying that "he sucks" "he doesn't try" "his is crap on offense" "I don't want him back next year" "his personality is phony and forced and unfunny". Its not a break up syndrome that you indicate. We all wanted the player that we saw in the dunk contest. That Dwight seemed fun and athletic. The day he got here he seemed phony and it smelled all over him. It didn't help when he played statistically speaking equivalent to Samuel Dalembert last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=howardw01&y1=2013&p2=dalemsa01&y2=2013

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Dwight Howard himself said the other day his biggest mistake in LA was that he let everything that was going on around him "effect my play on the court." i.e. not play hard. It was so obvious, there were nights where he pouted and didn't give the effort because he wasnt getting the ball enough. That's not even a criticism that's a flat out fact. JVG called him out on it numerous times on national TV.

5ass
11-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Dwight Howard himself said the other day his biggest mistake in LA was that he let everything that was going on around him "effect my play on the court." i.e. not play hard. It was so obvious, there were nights where he pouted and didn't give the effort because he wasnt getting the ball enough. That's not even a criticism that's a flat out fact. JVG called him out on it numerous times on national TV.

No doubt Dwight has his issues. He gets frustrated when hes not getting his way, but if you think Kobe and D'antoni didnt play a part in that, you are wrong. In all his years in Orlando he never had that problem. He did used to get frustrated in Orlando and it showed offensively, but his effort was always there on both sides of the court.

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 09:01 PM
No doubt Dwight has his issues. He gets frustrated when hes not getting his way, but if you think Kobe and D'antoni didnt play a part in that, you are wrong. In all his years in Orlando he never had that problem. He did used to get frustrated in Orlando and it showed offensively, but his effort was always there on both sides of the court.

There's never an excuse to not play hard. Period. Especially if you want to be considered the best. I don't care what the situation is. He had legit injuries, I would've preferred he just sit instead of half @ssing it then crying about it in the media. It go so bad at one point when espn First Take was in H Town for allstar game and they started bringing up rumors of signing him, THE HOUSTON CROWD STARTED BOO'ING! They didn't want him.

And also I rember the Orlando days very well and there were plenty of times he pouted and complained in the media about them shooting too many 3s and him not getting the ball enough. So lets not act like this is something new. Remember Dwightmare Part 1?

Now can he erase all that with a championship? Sure he can. But lets not turn him into some sort of victim and act like he hasn't earned his reputation.....

cmellofan15
11-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Still don't like the way he treated Orlando but I absolutely love the way he left LA and the way lakers fans reacted. He never publicly demanded a trade or expressed his thoughts in any way besides being a pissy teenage girl about things. He did what Melo did in a much more immature and disrespectful way to an organization that loved him.

But LA....ohh man I love how he handled that. He comes in and gets injured, decides to play through it somewhat efficiently and he gets treated like ****. By the same organization that treated a very respectable Phil Jackson like ****. Kobe yapped about it. D'Antoni yapped about it and he didn't like it soooo he left. He never committed long term to LA or any team in general, he wanted to test free agency like any other big name. But since he left LA it was complete exaggeration about he couldn't handle the big lights and pressure blah blah blah etc.. all in all LA screwed him and did nothing to support him but he's seen as the bad guy because he left such a "prestigious" organization.

All in all I'm still not convinced he's fully recovered because playing injured in LA was obviously tough for him. He doesn't look as athletic as he was in Orlando but maybe with some rehabilitation he'll be back to it someday. Still a great physical talent nonetheless.

PraiseJesus
11-06-2013, 09:19 PM

I saw it too.

That has to be one of the most selfish and childish things I've ever seen. It's one thing to be unhappy with your role on a team, it's another to sabotage it.

If he wasnt completely inept on the offensive end of the court maybe he would of had a bigger role. INstead of taking it as a challenge to improve his game he pouted like a lil baby and drug the franchise and its fans through the mud.

Dwight is a disgrace

5ass
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
There's never an excuse to not play hard. Period. Especially if you want to be considered the best. I don't care what the situation is. He had legit injuries, I would've preferred he just sit instead of half @ssing it then crying about it in the media. It go so bad at one point when espn First Take was in H Town for allstar game and they started bringing up rumors of signing him, THE HOUSTON CROWD STARTED BOO'ING! They didn't want him.

And also I rember the Orlando days very well and there were plenty of times he pouted and complained in the media about them shooting too many 3s and him not getting the ball enough. So lets not act like this is something new. Remember Dwightmare Part 1?

Now can he erase all that with a championship? Sure he can. But lets not turn him into some sort of victim and act like he hasn't earned his reputation.....
He had a right to complain about shooting too many 3s sometimes, as a magic fan i appreciated that he spoke up. Sometimes he wouldnt touch the ball on offense for a whole quarter. He was our best scorer no doubt about it. Im talking about his effort only, he always gave it his all. Did he complain to the media later? Sure but he had every right as he continued to put in the effort.
Lets not act like kobe or almost any other superstar has a downside. Kobe didnt give full effort on defense and shot way too much at times so why the double standard?

amos1er
11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
He had a right to complain about shooting too many 3s sometimes, as a magic fan i appreciated that he spoke up. Sometimes he wouldnt touch the ball on offense for a whole quarter. He was our best scorer no doubt about it. Im talking about his effort only, he always gave it his all. Did he complain to the media later? Sure but he had every right as he continued to put in the effort.
Lets not act like kobe or almost any other superstar has a downside. Kobe didnt give full effort on defense and shot way too much at times so why the double standard?

Are you kidding me??? Kobe broke his *** (literally) just to get the Lakers in the playoffs. This was evident by the fact that he was leading the league in minutes played at age 34. How can you really expect a player to give 100% on both ends of the floor after playing more minutes than anyone in the league at age 34 with that much milage?

Tony_Starks
11-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Kobe is highly credited with having the hardest work ethic in the league. Lets not go there.

We can go round and round but the bottom line is intentionally slacking because youre not getting your way is never cool. He seems to have come to that realization himself.

What's done is done, I hope he gets it together but nobody owes him a apology. He did it to himself.

5ass
11-06-2013, 10:02 PM
You're going to sit there and pretend that Kobe gave full effort on D last season? That he didnt shoot too much at times? That he didnt ignore D'antoni very often?
Im not saying Dwight doesnt have his faults, im just pointing out your double standard.

5ass
11-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Are you kidding me??? Kobe broke his *** (literally) just to get the Lakers in the playoffs. This was evident by the fact that he was leading the league in minutes played at age 34. How can you really expect a player to give 100% on both ends of the floor after playing more minutes than anyone in the league at age 34 with that much milage?

Im not expecting him to be Tony Allen, but is it too much to ask for him not to be a liability? How do you as a leader expect others to follow when you are ignoring the game plan and not giving full effort on D? I expect more from a 5x champ.

kobe4thewinbang
11-06-2013, 10:20 PM
LOL. Can we close this nonsense?

Jamiecballer
11-06-2013, 10:49 PM

i don't know why this post caught my attention but it did. far be it from me to come to Dwights defense. he's a pompous immature child, but saying that they weren't prepared for the clippers is not necessarily blaming the coaching staff. one could also take that as a man accepting responsibility. i know, crazy.

FOBolous
11-07-2013, 01:11 AM
You act like Laker fans just started to point out Dwight's flaws AFTER he left. Go ask ManRam if that was the case. Last year he was always in the Laker forum sticking up for Dwight when Laker fans were calling him out saying that "he sucks" "he doesn't try" "his is crap on offense" "I don't want him back next year" "his personality is phony and forced and unfunny". Its not a break up syndrome that you indicate. We all wanted the player that we saw in the dunk contest. That Dwight seemed fun and athletic. The day he got here he seemed phony and it smelled all over him. It didn't help when he played statistically speaking equivalent to Samuel Dalembert last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=howardw01&y1=2013&p2=dalemsa01&y2=2013

Google the result of his first physical with the rockets when he first signed. It was horrible. The rockets' coaching staff were shocked at how horrible it was. Regardless of what you think of him, he clearly wasn't healthy.

Losoway
11-07-2013, 01:38 AM
he is by far the best center in the league . even if he doesnt look like he did in orlando . but he goes after every rebound he contest almost every shots within reach. he looks happy plan and simple

Raps18-19 Champ
11-07-2013, 01:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv4Gui9hKCM

JeremiahWing
11-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Dwight Howard is an embarrassment to any NBA player who's been referred to as a star.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Google the result of his first physical with the rockets when he first signed. It was horrible. The rockets' coaching staff were shocked at how horrible it was. Regardless of what you think of him, he clearly wasn't healthy.

I know he wasn't. Nobody on the team was. Like I said, if he realized that he wasn't healthy he should not have whined about not getting the ball when the stats showed that he was an inferior player. Everybody saw that his explosiveness was not there. If you know that you getting the ball is bad for the team, why demand it? If Tyson Chandler demanded the ball and sulked if he didn't get it, people would point to the fact that he had no offensive game and he should just play defense and set picks. It was all attitude with Dwight as to why Laker fans didn't like him last year. Not only was he a bad player (due to bad health) he had a bad attitude.

SteBO
11-07-2013, 08:36 AM
Ding-ding. When you act like a 12-year old girl to try and get your way, you'd better produce and win it all as well as be the biggest reason for it. LBJ for killed for a false sense of this....Dwight gets no passes from me.

Denverbronco007
11-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Same reason we shouldn't say something like "As good as he's ever been". Dwight in Orlando was FAR more athletic than the Dwight I'm seeing.

Dwight was a beast in Orlando. He's slowly working his way back. Still not the Dwight from the Orlando day's, but he's still quite dominant on the court. The Rockets have to learn how to play together.

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:07 PM
You're going to sit there and pretend that Kobe gave full effort on D last season? That he didnt shoot too much at times? That he didnt ignore D'antoni very often?
Im not saying Dwight doesnt have his faults, im just pointing out your double standard.

kobe was second on the lakers in defensive win shares. you're overblowing how much of a liability he actually was; not to mention how bad the team was defensively as a whole because of the inability to defend the PG position. he had plenty of stellar defensive performances last year and quite often did the best he could for a 34 year old 17 year veteran. he has to pace himself (to help avoid major injury), especially on such an aging team, especially on a team that was offensively limited while dealing with those injuries. he shot less per game last season than he did in either back-to-back championship season. so :shrug:

there is no double standard here, its just you putting an unrealistic defensive expectation/unfair defensive analysis on a guy who's logged nearly 55,000 minutes in the NBA (12th in regular season history and 2nd in post-season history). just because he didn't deserve his last two or three defensive first teams, doesn't mean he's a horrible defender; this is getting totally overblown. I watch every game. do you?

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:13 PM

the numbers are the numbers. your commentary is backed by nothing. his PER, and WS/48 are pedestrian and not top tier. end of discussion bro.

you're just another poster who ignores the statistics such as PER and WS/48 and looks at the basketball with biased goggles. and of course blocks per game aren't the end all for defenders, but Dwight has seven in five games. thats pretty telling in regards to where his athleticism/activity is right now. he's not at his orlando level- you're saying he's close. he's not. read between the lines and dont get so emotional.

foonaka
11-07-2013, 02:16 PM

Personal insults? That's all you got? Learn something about basketball and then come back with some less childish garbage.

foonaka
he has no post moves

Spot on, man.

Bruno
I love it when people tell me I don't watch certain players then post advance stats to support their claim. YOU SEE! THIS NUMBER IS HIGHER THAN THIS NUMBER! HE'S CLEARLY WORSE!

MORE BLOCKS MEANS BETTER DEFENDER RIGHT?

Sorry I can't dumb myself down to that level. There are definitely things stats prove, but to say they completely tell the whole story is BS. Brooks lopez has never averaged over 10 rebounds in his career. He's an average at best center defensively. Dwight is a game changer. He makes teams have to play around the perimeter, and he completely nullifies anyone's post game. He has terrific range on defense.

Wasn't Anderson Verajao leading in PER this time last season? Was he the best player in the league because of that? I don't need stats to tell me Dwight Howard is the best defensive big man BY FAR in the NBA. Brooks is better offensively sure. I think everyone would agree with that. However Brooks isn't even in the same league as Dwight. Your homer blinders are showing.
If Dwight is a defensive game changer at this moment in time then why is his team ranked 24th in defensive rating out of 30 teams?

my homer blinders for brook lopez are showing? these arguments never end well for you- it usually ends with you apologizing so why don't we just cut to the chase?

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:32 PM
kobe was second on the lakers in defensive win shares. you're overblowing how much of a liability he actually was; not to mention how bad the team was defensively as a whole because of the inability to defend the PG position. he had plenty of stellar defensive performances last year and quite often did the best he could for a 34 year old 17 year veteran. he has to pace himself (to help avoid major injury), especially on such an aging team, especially on a team that was offensively limited while dealing with those injuries. he shot less per game last season than he did in either back-to-back championship season. so :shrug:

there is no double standard here, its just you putting an unrealistic defensive expectation/unfair defensive analysis on a guy who's logged nearly 55,000 minutes in the NBA (12th in regular season history and 2nd in post-season history). just because he didn't deserve his last two or three defensive first teams, doesn't mean he's a horrible defender; this is getting totally overblown. I watch every game. do you?

So you make the age excuse for Kobe not putting effort on the defensive end? What about Dwight's injuries? Why do we completely ignore that?

I never said he's a horrible defender, but he is at times a huge liability largely because of his effort. He looks completely uninterested in D at times.

Also, do you not answer the question directly? Did Kobe shoot too much often and kill the ball movement or not? You refer to him shooting lowest in his career, but it really doesnt mean much.

Kobe should've realized the Lakers had a HUGE problem defensively, more so than offensively. What im saying is as the leader, he has to set the tone.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:34 PM
If Dwight is a defensive game changer at this moment in time then why is his team ranked 24th in defensive rating out of 30 teams?

my homer blinders for brook lopez are showing? these arguments never end well for you- it usually ends with you apologizing so why don't we just cut to the chase?

You should stop using those rankings 4 games in. They mean absolutely nothing. Even 20-30 games in, they're not very accurate. Only at the end of the season when all games are played will it become accurate.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Orlando's 3rd in defense so far, up from like 29th last year.

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:41 PM
So you make the age excuse for Kobe not putting effort on the defensive end? What about Dwight's injuries? Why do we completely ignore that? my criticism of dwight isn't on the defensive end. although he is no longer the DPOY he use to be. so :shrug: what are you saying?

I never said he's a horrible defender, but he is at times a huge liability largely because of his effort. He looks completely uninterested in D at times.
you've alluded to him being a poor defender whenever you get the chance. again, overstated. take it from a guy who watched every game.

Also, do you not answer the question directly? Did Kobe shoot too much often and kill the ball movement or not? You refer to him shooting lowest in his career, but it really doesnt mean much.
Why doesn't it mean much?

I did answer the question directly. He won shooting more with less talent in the past. If it wasn't too much then under Phil then why would it be too much last season with Dantoni, a faster pace, and a more talent roster?

Kobe should've realized the Lakers had a HUGE problem defensively, more so than offensively. What im saying is as the leader, he has to set the tone.
He did set the tone, he did it as best he could. the tone is set every day in practice and with the mental approach to the game; at this point his physical limitations are what they are. kobe setting the tone too strongly is a big reason why dwight left town. he couldn't handle the tone. so what is it, a problem or a good thing? How was he supposed to anchor that team defensively at his age as a shooting guard? that was the former DPOYs job.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-07-2013, 02:42 PM
So you make the age excuse for Kobe not putting effort on the defensive end? What about Dwight's injuries? Why do we completely ignore that?

I'll never understand why people try to turn everything into a Kobe thread. If a Laker fan has an opinion on anything it always goes to "but Kobe...."

It goes something like this:

Laker fan- Aaron Hernandez is a bad person for murdering that guy.
Other fan- Well Kobe raped that white bi*$h

Laker fan- Carmello needs to be a better passer
Other fan- Kobe don't pass for $h1t! You cant say anything

Laker fan- Dwight did not try on defense last year because he was mad about not getting the ball
Other fan- Look at 34 year old Kobe. He no longer plays defense either....

And so on, and so on, and so on. Laker fans can not have an opinion on anything because "Kobe did it" Its pretty lame

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:44 PM
You should stop using those rankings 4 games in. They mean absolutely nothing. Even 20-30 games in, they're not very accurate. Only at the end of the season when all games are played will it become accurate.
how are the current defensive rankings not accurate? they are an exact figured based off a teams numbers as of today.

you're mistaken, I'm not using these as a projection of the future. i'm saying whats going on now. can we not talk about right now, or do we have to continue to pretend like the season hasn't started yet?

and i'd love to see you present the numbers from last season in january or february. you're implying that those numbers were totally different than what they became by the end of the year. the rockets have been poor on defense. that might change, when it does- the numbers will reflect that.

Orlando's 3rd in defense so far, up from like 29th last year. you must be pleased.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:47 PM
I'll never understand why people try to turn everything into a Kobe thread. If a Laker fan has an opinion on anything it always goes to "but Kobe...."

Laker fan- Dwight did not try on defense last year because he was mad about not getting the ball

And so on, and so on, and so on. Laker fans can not have an opinion on anything because "Kobe did it" Its pretty lame
Do you disagree that his effort defensively impacts the defensive effort of the whole team?

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Do you disagree that his effort defensively impacts the defensive effort of the whole team?

what defensive effort as a team? there was no team defensive effort last year- they were terrible. are you putting all that on Kobe? i don't understand what you're trying to get at. everyone was to blame, coaching staff included. you're trying to make a point on Kobe, but the point you're trying to make would be more accurate if it wasn't specific to one player, because it wasn't. it was a team issue.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:49 PM
how are the current defensive rankings not accurate? they are an exact figured based off a teams numbers as of today.

you're mistaken, I'm not using these as a projection of the future. i'm saying whats going on now. can we not talk about right now, or do we have to continue to pretend like the season hasn't started yet?

and i'd love to see you present the numbers from last season in january or february. you're implying that those numbers were totally different than what they became by the end of the year. the rockets have been poor on defense. that might change, when it does- the numbers will reflect that.
you must be pleased.

because teams havent faced the same level of competition. One team could have played 4 ****** teams, and another team could have played 4 contenders. Its still too early.
And no im not pleased we should be tanking.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:53 PM
what defensive effort as a team? there was no team defensive effort last year- they were terrible. are you putting all that on Kobe? i don't understand what you're trying to get at. everyone was to blame, coaching staff included. you're trying to make a point on Kobe, but the point you're trying to make would be more accurate if it wasn't specific to one player, because it wasn't. it was a team issue.

exactly. All im saying is Kobe gets a pass and Dwight doesnt for Lakers fans. You couldve just said Kobe is part to blame and agreed with me from the beginning but you started pointing out his defensive win shares as if to disprove my point.

Bruno
11-07-2013, 02:57 PM
because teams havent faced the same level of competition. One team could have played 4 ****** teams, and another team could have played 4 contenders. Its still too early.
And no im not pleased we should be tanking.

haha^ i guess.

fair point. totally fair point. but Hoston has played their share of bad team and good teams thus far; we can make a practical judgement. they've been ripped by the good offensive teams thus far. Portland, Dallas and LAC all got theirs against Houston (they just happened to score more then Dallas and Portland because their offensive is elite). Houston did well against the Cats and the Jazz defensively speaking. if you wana be a top ten defensive team, the top teams can't rip ya. every good offensive team they've played have ripped them and at least cracked 100.

i just don't see houston finishing top ten in defense. they're not elite enough to lock down the top teams. they might show otherwise but i doubt it.

ztilzer31
11-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Bruno trying to act like defensive win shares and PER are actually good stats make me laugh.

You really don't know anything about basketball beyond a stat sheet, and it's sad.

If you honestly think Kobe give his effort every play on defense you're full of ****.

You're a homer because you are trying to convince people Bruno that Brooks Lopez is better than Dwight. It's literally the DUMBEST comment I've ever heard from a MOD. It's just sad.

It also makes me laugh when Lakers fans love advanced stats when talking about Dwight, and hate them when talking ab out Kobe. The bias of that crappy fan base is ridiculous. Worst/dumbest fans in sports by far. Sorry to the good ones, but your own fan base is making you all look stupid.

5ass
11-07-2013, 02:59 PM
my criticism of dwight isn't on the defensive end. although he is no longer the DPOY he use to be. so :shrug: what are you saying?

you've alluded to him being a poor defender whenever you get the chance. again, overstated. take it from a guy who watched every game.

Why doesn't it mean much?

I did answer the question directly. He won shooting more with less talent in the past. If it wasn't too much then under Phil then why would it be too much last season with Dantoni, a faster pace, and a more talent roster?

He did set the tone, he did it as best he could. the tone is set every day in practice and with the mental approach to the game; at this point his physical limitations are what they are. kobe setting the tone too strongly is a big reason why dwight left town. he couldn't handle the tone. so what is it, a problem or a good thing? How was he supposed to anchor that team defensively at his age as a shooting guard? that was the former DPOYs job.

ya i dont buy that. The effort he brings to the court is much more important than what he does in practice.
Just because you have a DPOY doesnt mean you can ignore ur rotations or lose your man.
What you're essentially saying here is Dwight was too lazy, thats why it didnt work out with Kobe. I've seen Dwight and what he can do for 7 years. I expect a 35 year old who just got bounced in the 1st round to realize that he needs to start buying into the team philosophy even more especially since its the Lakers who called Dwight, not the other way around.

5ass
11-07-2013, 03:01 PM
haha^ i guess.

fair point. totally fair point. but Hoston has played their share of bad team and good teams thus far; we can make a practical judgement. they've been ripped by the good offensive teams thus far. Portland, Dallas and LAC all got theirs against Houston (they just happened to score more then Dallas and Portland because their offensive is elite). Houston did well against the Cats and the Jazz defensively speaking. if you wana be a top ten defensive team, the top teams can't rip ya. every good offensive team they've played have ripped them and at least cracked 100.

i just don't see houston finishing top ten in defense. they're not elite enough to lock down the top teams. they might show otherwise but i doubt it.

and im not saying their defense is top notch either. They're alright defensively for now. They have a lot to work on though. I believe they will be top 10, but only time will tell.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-07-2013, 03:02 PM

I think from a basketball standpoint a shooting guard has almost no impact on the overall defense of the team. First would be coaching scheme, then would be players buying into the scheme, then would be how good are your bigs defensively, then how good are your wings defensively. Rip Hamilton was not even an average defender but was the starting 2 guard on one of the greatest defensive teams ever.

But it goes back to the point, why cant a Laker fan have an opinion on another player without it somehow going back to Kobe? What if I say that Dwight was crap on defense (which I didn't) do I have to follow that up with "Kobe was not good either" If I say that Kobe was bad on defense in another thread, do I have to follow that up with "Dwight was not good either? This thread is about Dwight. There are plenty of Kobe hate threads you could jump into to talk about his lack of defense

Bruno
11-07-2013, 03:04 PM
exactly. All im saying is Kobe gets a pass and Dwight doesnt for Lakers fans. You couldve just said Kobe is part to blame and agreed with me from the beginning but you started pointing out his defensive win shares as if to disprove my point.
no.I'm referring to team defense. your criticism is of an individual player. and your criticism is isolated to a single player in the attempt to make a point.

were you the one to bring up Kobe?

you're attempting to rope in this grand point of Laker fans being hypocritical in regards to how was evaluated dwight and Kobe. you're attempting to use Kobes individual defense to make that point. thats why i presented his numbers. just because he doesn't have the ability to be a lock down defender every game, and just because he has to pace himself because of his age- it doesn't mean the effort and tone isn't there in the grand scheme of the team. he busted his *** harder then anyone and attempting to take away from that because of his age and physical limitations seems to be petty.

and I'm not the guy criticizing Dwights defense. Most of my criticisms of Dwight existed before his injuries so I don't know what else you want me to say.

Bruno
11-07-2013, 03:05 PM
and im not saying their defense is top notch either. They're alright defensively for now. They have a lot to work on though. I believe they will be top 10, but only time will tell.

they're not alright. but we can agree to disagree here. if they turn it around and finish top ten ill tip my hat to you.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-07-2013, 03:08 PM
ya i dont buy that. The effort he brings to the court is much more important than what he does in practice.
Just because you have a DPOY doesnt mean you can ignore ur rotations or lose your man.
What you're essentially saying here is Dwight was too lazy, thats why it didnt work out with Kobe. I've seen Dwight and what he can do for 7 years. I expect a 35 year old who just got bounced in the 1st round to realize that he needs to start buying into the team philosophy even more especially since its the Lakers who called Dwight, not the other way around.

Kobe was not "bounced in the first round" Matter of fact it had been 5 years since that has happened. It went finals, ring, ring, 2nd round, 2nd round. The time they got swept, (last year) with Dwight as the star, Kobe was not around

5ass
11-07-2013, 03:12 PM
no.I'm referring to team defense. your criticism is of an individual player. and your criticism is isolated to a single player in the attempt to make a point.

were you the one to bring up Kobe?

you're attempting to rope in this grand point of Laker fans being hypocritical in regards to how was evaluated dwight and Kobe. you're attempting to use Kobes individual defense to make that point. thats why i presented his numbers. just because he doesn't have the ability to be a lock down defender every game, and just because he has to pace himself because of his age- it doesn't mean the effort and tone isn't there in the grand scheme of the team. he busted his *** harder then anyone and attempting to take away from that because of his age and physical limitations seems to be petty.

and I'm not the guy criticizing Dwights defense. Most of my criticisms of Dwight existed before his injuries so I don't know what else you want me to say.

i see im not going to change your mind. Duncan is 37 years old, yet he still managed to anchor the defense, Im not expecting Kobe to anchor the defense, but like i said i just wanted to see more effort from him. Believe it or not i had high expectations for the Lakers last season, especially for Kobe. I really thought he would be willing to adjust his game to his surroundings, and prove to be a more versatile player.

5ass
11-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Kobe was not "bounced in the first round" Matter of fact it had been 5 years since that has happened. It went finals, ring, ring, 2nd round, 2nd round. The time they got swept, (last year) with Dwight as the star, Kobe was not around

my bad, still going from back to back champs to back to back 2nd round exits should have been like a wake up call to bryant.

RiLoc
11-07-2013, 03:22 PM
14,5 ppg ?

lol.

Apology accepted.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-07-2013, 03:32 PM
i see im not going to change your mind. Duncan is 37 years old, yet he still managed to anchor the defense, Im not expecting Kobe to anchor the defense, but like i said i just wanted to see more effort from him. Believe it or not i had high expectations for the Lakers last season, especially for Kobe. I really thought he would be willing to adjust his game to his surroundings, and prove to be a more versatile player.

Tim is also only playing 29 minutes a game for the past 5 years. And is a defensive big that has more impact on defense.

Kobe averaged 6 assist per game and his highest assist% of his career. He took 3 less shots per game from the previous season even at a much faster pace. He shot better then he has in 5 years. Kobe was not the problem at all last year. He should not have been the best player on the team

PraiseJesus
11-07-2013, 03:54 PM
I think Dwight will be the reigning 'most hated player" in the NBA for years to come.

He ditched Orlando and the most popular NBA franchise in the world, not many people like Dwight nowadays.

If he was actually a good player I think he would get more attention.... He's really just a below average offensive player that demands 20 shots a game. Not only is it painful and boring to watch Dwight miss free throws all game - it's also not a good winning strategy.

It worked for Shaq because he actually had a dominant offensive game. Dwight is about as coordinated as an overgrown 10 year old

Kobe2324
11-07-2013, 04:13 PM
This is a Joke right? Take away athletism and he would be nothing, he has no true basketball IQ or skill, but what makes him good, not great but simply good is that he can jump for a big guy, because of this he cleans the glass and if he get low enough in the post he can get easy points. anything that requires him to post up and make a move looks ugly and usually results in a brick. and for someone who cleans the glass he's not that great on the offensive glass. Hes in his 10th year, he is not going to improve because he clearly has no desire too. Blake griffin falls into this category but he still has time so hes not hopeless. No apologies from me and he has only had one impressive game so far this year so this thread was premature and im sure he will have a good season, again "good" not great, about the same numbers as last year and his team will have a first or 2nd round exit. And no im not mad he left the Lakers, thank god he did because he is not a max player, I would take kevin Love over this chump any day of the week, someone who hustles and over achieves.

minato_17
11-07-2013, 04:55 PM
I thought this is a Dwight Howard thread? How come Kobe is being criticized for his defense last year? Was Dwight any better? He had the opportunity to be the man in LA but he quitted on the team(playoffs). Now he agreed to be the second option behind another SG (ironic isn't it?) in Houston when he wants to be the MAN. But he will never be the man. He will always be an immature child that lacks focus and mental toughness.

ztilzer31
11-07-2013, 05:41 PM
This is a Joke right? Take away athletism and he would be nothing, he has no true basketball IQ or skill, but what makes him good, not great but simply good is that he can jump for a big guy, because of this he cleans the glass and if he get low enough in the post he can get easy points. anything that requires him to post up and make a move looks ugly and usually results in a brick. and for someone who cleans the glass he's not that great on the offensive glass. Hes in his 10th year, he is not going to improve because he clearly has no desire too. Blake griffin falls into this category but he still has time so hes not hopeless. No apologies from me and he has only had one impressive game so far this year so this thread was premature and im sure he will have a good season, again "good" not great, about the same numbers as last year and his team will have a first or 2nd round exit. And no im not mad he left the Lakers, thank god he did because he is not a max player, I would take kevin Love over this chump any day of the week, someone who hustles and over achieves.

Dwight is one of the best defenders of all time. He played just as good defensively as ANYBODY all time.

I see tall lanky guys all the time go into the league, and do nothing. If you think rebounding doesn't take basketball IQ, and just takes height you are truly dumb.

Even last year he was by far the best defensive player in the NBA at the Center position. He stops the post game of any offensive threat usually.

Is he Shaq? Does he give you that 30+ point performance consistently? No. But did Shaq shut down every team's post game to the point that they won't even go to the post anymore? No. Dwight is great. Maybe not as good overall as some of the greatest, but definitely will go down as one of the best Defensive Centers of all time.

That's the one thing you don't get too. Dwight didn't play that bad last year. Did he under achieve? Yes. Was he hurt? Yes. Pau played like ****, and Kobe played long minutes, and struggled at times on defense. Artest looked washed up, and Nash was injured the whole season. Dwight is such a scapegoat for you it's ridiculous.

ztilzer31
11-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I thought this is a Dwight Howard thread? How come Kobe is being criticized for his defense last year? Was Dwight any better? He had the opportunity to be the man in LA but he quitted on the team(playoffs). Now he agreed to be the second option behind another SG (ironic isn't it?) in Houston when he wants to be the MAN. But he will never be the man. He will always be an immature child that lacks focus and mental toughness.

Your lack of basketball knowledge is incredible. Even an injured Dwight Howard is one of the best defenders in the NBA. Comparison isn't even fair to Kobe.

No it's not ironic. There's literally nothing ironic about that.

ManRam
11-07-2013, 05:58 PM

A) that's not entirely true
B) why does it even matter. He is the player he is, regardless of how he goes about being that player. Athleticism, skill, IQ, hustle, etc...I don't care HOW you are a great player, all that matters is that you are. Results matter, period.
C) this thing called defense exists....

Gibby23
11-07-2013, 07:16 PM
A) that's not entirely true
B) why does it even matter. He is the player he is, regardless of how he goes about being that player. Athleticism, skill, IQ, hustle, etc...I don't care HOW you are a great player, all that matters is that you are. Results matter, period.
C) this thing called defense exists....

I don't agree with what he said, because athletism is part of what makes a lot of players great. But on C you are wrong, if you took away his athleticism his defense wouldn't exist.

ztilzer31
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
I don't agree with what he said, because athletism is part of what makes a lot of players great. But on C you are wrong, if you took away his athleticism his defense wouldn't exist.

You can't say that with any sort of certainty.

Gibby23
11-07-2013, 07:54 PM
You can't say that with any sort of certainty.

You should see my face.

Matter.
11-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Why are we apologizing?

FOBolous
11-07-2013, 10:26 PM

take away his athleticism and he still be a 7x NBA All-Star multi-millionaire basketball player with more DPOY than Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, and Dennis Rodman. Just sayin'

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:31 AM
take away his athleticism and he still be a 7x NBA All-Star multi-millionaire basketball player with more DPOY than Alonzo Mourning, Gary Payton, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson, and Dennis Rodman. Just sayin'

It depends on how you define "athleticism." Even without his near 40" vertical, he's still nearly 6'10" with a wingspan of 7'6."

Without his exceptional vertical, he would almost certainly be a starting center in the nba. It's far less certain whether he would have been able to perform at an all star level.

However, he is a very unpolished player offensively. He travels a lot, commits a lot of TO's, and misses layups (at point blank range) and even misses dunks on a semi-regular basis. He is also a major liability from the free throw line, and his presence late in close games, makes houston vulnerable to 'hack a howard,' which may have cost the rockets the game tonight.

His main value is as a defensive big, where he excels at defending the paint.

Aside from his problems on offense, he has demonstrated an uncertain commitment (to put it politely), to every team he has played for. He has been criticized for years on end for his behavior as a magic, laker, and there is now a rumor that he is unhappy with houston's PG's.

FOBolous
11-08-2013, 03:32 AM
It depends on how you define "athleticism." Even without his near 40" vertical, he's still nearly 6'10" with a wingspan of 7'6."

Without his exceptional vertical, he would almost certainly be a starting center in the nba. It's far less certain whether he would have been able to perform at an all star level.

However, he is a very unpolished player offensively. He travels a lot, commits a lot of TO's, and misses layups (at point blank range) and even misses dunks on a semi-regular basis. He is also a major liability from the free throw line, and his presence late in close games, makes houston vulnerable to 'hack a howard,' which may have cost the rockets the game tonight.

His main value is as a defensive big, where he excels at defending the paint.

Aside from his problems on offense, he has demonstrated an uncertain commitment (to put it politely), to every team he has played for. He has been criticized for years on end for his behavior as a magic, laker, and there is now a rumor that he is unhappy with houston's PG's.

i really think your other username is Jam because your posts are just like his. can a MOD double-check please?

big_w
11-08-2013, 03:38 AM

Yes, obviously. Compare the stats of any great player in the last year or two of their career vs. their prime. It's an obvious point.

Howard would be a starting center in today's nba without his 40" vertical, but he would definitely not be an all star, much less an all nba player.

LAcowBOMBER
11-08-2013, 03:56 AM
Your lack of basketball knowledge is incredible. Even an injured Dwight Howard is one of the best defenders in the NBA. Comparison isn't even fair to Kobe.

Dwight leaving LA to be "the man" somewhere else and becoming a number 2 option again actually is ironic.

big_w
11-08-2013, 05:06 AM
What about lebron? Carmelo? Kobe? Every top player is hated on, almost always by the opposing team's fans, which is only to be expected.

What's unusual about Dwight's situation is that a) the hate has continued on for so long, b) started again very quickly after the hate had supposedly died down, and c) is expressed unanimously (dwight's coaches, his teammates, as well as opposing team's fans have all expressed disappointment with his lack of maturity and back-stabbing tactics).

Dwight's behavior will never change: only the recipient of his under-handed tactics will. Which, in this case, is houston.

Houston's fans may be in denial over this right now, but they will learn soon enough what the term "dwightmare" really means.

I think Dwight will be the reigning 'most hated player" in the NBA for years to come.

He ditched Orlando and the most popular NBA franchise in the world, not many people like Dwight nowadays.

If he was actually a good player I think he would get more attention.... He's really just a below average offensive player that demands 20 shots a game. Not only is it painful and boring to watch Dwight miss free throws all game - it's also not a good winning strategy.

It worked for Shaq because he actually had a dominant offensive game. Dwight is about as coordinated as an overgrown 10 year old

kblo247
11-08-2013, 06:22 AM
Going into today's game according to Synergy he was shooting 36% on his post ups! its lower now.

I said he didnt have any ****ing post moves, bricked free throws, turnover prone, and was a bad teammate last year. Nothing changes that based on what he's done now. He's still horrible in the post, he still turns it over, his bricked free throws costed Houston the game like it did. LA oddly enough last year vs the rockets, and first thing he did was start *****ing at Lin.

Before you know he's going to be running around with a boxscore in a locker room

kblo247
11-08-2013, 06:41 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/820340788.gif

Him running from fts, and we talking about better than ever apologize to Dwight, Kwame Browns rolling over in his grave

big_w
11-08-2013, 06:56 AM
You laker fans really need to let this go, ha ha.

But seriously, while I won't say his offensive game is embarrassing, it is embarrassing watching him blow layups and dunks right at the rim. A 6'9" guy with his reach and vertical should never miss gimme's like that, and he misses those types of shots on a regular basis.

Going into today's game according to Synergy he was shooting 36% on his post ups! its lower now.

I said he didnt have any ****ing post moves, bricked free throws, turnover prone, and was a bad teammate last year. Nothing changes that based on what he's done now. He's still horrible in the post, he still turns it over, his bricked free throws costed Houston the game like it did. LA oddly enough last year vs the rockets, and first thing he did was start *****ing at Lin.

Before you know he's going to be running around with a boxscore in a locker room

Triple_Ocho
11-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Dwight: "OUR free throws were terrible."

Dbag12: 5-16 (31%)
Rest of Team: 28-36 (77.8%)

Rockets lose by 1.

This guy is not a leader. Never takes ownership of his faults. Always relates his own issues back to the team. His "our free throws" quote cracked me up.

Same Dwight we all saw in LA last night. In no way are the Lakers actually better than Houston, but it's safe to say Dwight won't win anything more in Houston than some regular season games and maybe a round or 2 in the playoffs. I'm glad that idiot is gone. The Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now

minato_17
11-08-2013, 10:17 AM

And you sir are an intelligent person? Nothing ironic? come on. English is not my first language but I know well enough what ironic means. The best defenders in the NBA carries their team defensively.

last year's DPOY was Marc Gasol (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MEM/2013.html)

Tyson Chandler (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NYK/2012.html)

D12 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2011.html)

Ironically (:rolleyes:) LA's defense was better before they acquired Dwight. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2012.html)

So why does the former DPOY's team last year was ranked 20th in the NBA? (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2013.html)

Maybe because of Kobe's defense? Blake? Pau? Nash? World Peace? Is the center position not the most impactful position to affect the defense of a team? So we can assume that d12's defense was not on par with the DPOY candidates of the past few seasons right? Or I did not fully explain it because I lack basketball knowledge? Yeah the defensive ratings of a team is subjected to a lot of factors(e.g. teammates, schemes, coaching) but to say D12 was one of the best defenders in the NBA last season is not entirely true (maybe beacuse of injury, lack of effort, acting like a child?).

JeremiahWing
11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Sorry, Dwight, that your supposed reinvention on your supposedly awesome team couldn't beat your awful last team on its home court.

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Kobe has officially put the ultimate pressure on Howard, playing mind games:

"I think from what I've seen, it seems they really want to feature him even more," (Which is far from the truth because they hoist more 3's than last yr's Laker team and Harden controls the ball more than Kobe) *Sarcasm by Kobe

"He was always very determined to be more of an offensive player and I think here in Houston he'll have that opportunity to do that," Bryant said. "He always wanted to compete with some of the all-time greats -- the Chamberlains, the Shaqs, the Olajuwons and so forth. This year should be the year where he can start putting up those types of numbers -- 25-26 points a game. That sort of thing."

So basically, Shaq said Dwight should not average 28 & 15 a night, while Kobe has also put the pressure saying Dwight should average 25-26 pts a game ("that sort of thing").

Haha, Dwight is ****ed! You reap what you sow and lay in the bed you made. Becareful what you wish for Dwight!

Bruno
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Dwight is one of the best defenders of all time. He played just as good defensively as ANYBODY all time.

Dwight isn't a top ten defensive player of all-time. but he's probably close in terms of peak defensive ability. For example his greatest defensive seasons rank 35th and 39th all time in single season defensive win-share totals.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/dws_season.html

He's 38th all time in career defensive win-shares.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/dws_career.html

he could retire in the top ten statistically.

JeremiahWing
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I feel bad for Rockets fans that this thread happened... feel very good that it happened to the Dwight lovers, however.

SundaeBest
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Lol at OP..... Lol x2 at alexander posting game by game updates on dwight stats. Beat on their home floor, to a "lesser" team with no superstar.

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Is ztilzer31 none other than....*gulp*...DWIGHT HOWARD himself?!

JeremiahWing
11-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Is ztilzer31 none other than....*gulp*...DWIGHT HOWARD himself?!

It would make the most sense, actually.

sammyvine
11-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Lakers fans are salty but Dwight Howard is the most overrated player in NBA History.

The problem with him is that he talks to much and demands so much attention etc.....that he puts so much pressure on himself and he flops big time.

I can't believe that he has been in this league almost 10 years but he has no post game what so ever? What has he been working on?

minato_17
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Lakers fans are salty but Dwight Howard is the most overrated player in NBA History.

The problem with him is that he talks to much and demands so much attention etc.....that he puts so much pressure on himself and he flops big time.

I can't believe that he has been in this league almost 10 years but he has no post game what so ever? What has he been working on?

His million dollar smile i believe?

beliges
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I think Dwight's problem is very simple. He is trying to be something he is not. If he simply focuses his game on defense and rebounding, he can be a great player. However, he has this infatuation with offense. Dwight is simply an offensive liability for any team he is on. His post game is poor at best and his inability to knock down FTs makes him a detriment to any team he is on. He needs to accept the fact he is not a player with offensive skills and simply focus on being the best defender and rebounder in the league. He needs to become a Rodman type player. Dwight wants the offense to run through him when he is a terrible offensive player, he is prone to committing TOs, and simply doesnt know what do to with the double team.

He has room to improve but the only way that can happen is if he accepts the fact he is not an offensive threat and simply focuses ALL his energy on defense and rebounding.

still1ballin
11-08-2013, 05:37 PM
dis iz sum gud stuf

Gibby23
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Sorry Dwight.

L8kers4life
11-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Forum for people in the future, and people today to apologize to Dwight. I have no problem with people questioning his attitude but questioning his game crossed the line for me. He's back, and just as good as ever. Who knows where the Rockets go this year, but he's definitely the best Center in the league again...

BY FAR

Still don't think we should question his game? Dwight proved most Laker fans point, he is over rated, good riddance. I'm so happy you put my bet on your sig, even if I don't win this bet, games like last night make things a lot better, and you just got as taste of how bad he can get, it get's worse trust me. Wait till he calls out teammates, fouls out early in a game, and eventually calls out the guards for taking too many shots and oh yeah never take the blame for anything.

Gibby23
11-08-2013, 06:36 PM

What would you base that on? One game against Portland?

Vinylman
11-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Talk about a horribly timed thread...

I'll play

I am sorry D12 that you are still a miserable FT shooter
I am sorry You don't have Kobe and Dandummy to blame for your short comings as a player / leader
I am sorry Your presence on the Rockets will get Kevin McHale fired by the all star break
I am sorry your numerous illegitimate children will one day have to learn that you were never anything more than a slightly better version of Tyson Chandler in spite of NBA marketing efforts

But most of all I am sorry for each and every one of your teammates that you will eventually throw under the bus as you have done on every miserable stop of your NBA career...

Sorry!

L8kers4life
11-08-2013, 06:49 PM
Talk about a horribly timed thread...

I'll play

I am sorry D12 that you are still a miserable FT shooter
I am sorry You don't have Kobe and Dandummy to blame for your short comings as a player / leader
I am sorry Your presence on the Rockets will get Kevin McHale fired by the all star break
I am sorry your numerous illegitimate children will one day have to learn that you were never anything more than a slightly better version of Tyson Chandler in spite of NBA marketing efforts

But most of all I am sorry for each and every one of your teammates that you will eventually throw under the bus as you have done on every miserable stop of your NBA career...

Sorry!

Wow, greatest post ever! And your dead right

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Wow, Dwight Howard could be the first player in NBA history to get 3 different head coaches fired in 3 seasons.

Stan Van Gundy. Mike Brown. Kevin McHale.

Gibby23
11-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Can a player be a leader of a team if you can't count on him the last 6 or so mins of the game and your own team probably won't let you touch the ball the last 2 min?

Cracka2HI!
11-08-2013, 06:56 PM
LOL at the OP for this one! You're right Howard is the same. Starring down teammates, worried about a former team not retiring his jersey and losing games at the FT line. This thread=FAIL!! My favorite posters are ones that procliam someone is "back" or has "made it" after 1 or 2 good games!

fresh prince
11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Dwight: "OUR free throws were terrible."

Dbag12: 5-16 (31%)
Rest of Team: 28-36 (77.8%)

Rockets lose by 1.

This guy is not a leader. Never takes ownership of his faults. Always relates his own issues back to the team. His "our free throws" quote cracked me up.

Same Dwight we all saw in LA last night. In no way are the Lakers actually better than Houston, but it's safe to say Dwight won't win anything more in Houston than some regular season games and maybe a round or 2 in the playoffs. I'm glad that idiot is gone. The Lakers are actually pretty fun to watch right now

To Quote a great american.

Dwight is who we thought he was!

We are blessed he left for Houston..he stopped our incompetent front office from making the terrible mistake of locking him up for years.

He is the hardest semi star to build around simply beacuse he doesnt realize who he is. If he embraced himself as a rich man's Deandre Jordan like he should he could be dangerous.

Instead he fancies himslef a low post threat despite being a turnover magician and his go to move being a left handed running hook shot??

It's comical to watch. Ever seen a pit bull act like a poodle? Thats what watching D12 on a nightly basis is like.

minato_17
11-08-2013, 09:20 PM
Dwight sorry for this...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/ggim125/BYhy8quCQAAclwyjpg.jpg

Steve Blake

big_w
11-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Rockets fans are already complaining en masse about the shoddy quality of his post play.

It's like they had never seen him play before. He has always struggled on the offensive end, aside from simple putbacks and dunks.

Any post move of his involving footwork and dribbling is as likely to end up in embarrassment as it is a basket. Blown layups at point blank range and blown dunks are not uncommon.

Howard's free throw shooting has actually gotten worse over the course of his career also.

I have a very hard time believing that the rockets can win a championship with harden and howard as their leaders. Neither of them buy into a team concept, and mchale does not have the ability or clout to do so.

Rockets fans are going to experience a lot of disappointment with this duo.

I think Dwight's problem is very simple. He is trying to be something he is not. If he simply focuses his game on defense and rebounding, he can be a great player. However, he has this infatuation with offense. Dwight is simply an offensive liability for any team he is on. His post game is poor at best and his inability to knock down FTs makes him a detriment to any team he is on. He needs to accept the fact he is not a player with offensive skills and simply focus on being the best defender and rebounder in the league. He needs to become a Rodman type player. Dwight wants the offense to run through him when he is a terrible offensive player, he is prone to committing TOs, and simply doesnt know what do to with the double team.

He has room to improve but the only way that can happen is if he accepts the fact he is not an offensive threat and simply focuses ALL his energy on defense and rebounding.

ztilzer31
11-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Rockets fans are already complaining en masse about the shoddy quality of his post play.

It's like they had never seen him play before. He has always struggled on the offensive end, aside from simple putbacks and dunks.

Any post move of his involving footwork and dribbling is as likely to end up in embarrassment as it is a basket. Blown layups at point blank range and blown dunks are not uncommon.

Howard's free throw shooting has actually gotten worse over the course of his career also.

I have a very hard time believing that the rockets can win a championship with harden and howard as their leaders. Neither of them buy into a team concept, and mchale does not have the ability or clout to do so.

Rockets fans are going to experience a lot of disappointment with this duo.

Rockets are 4-2. Their fans aren't *****ing about anything. Dwight destroyed Pau. Coaching mistake to have him out that late in the game.

Rockets 4-2
Lakers 3-3

It's one game. However Dwights defense has looked phenomenal.

I really feel like you make up half the content of your posts. You seem to have an unlimited rumor mill of "Rockets fans mad at Dwight" and "Dwight unhappy in Houston". Quit making up ****. It's just sad at this point.

JNA17
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Dwight destroyed Pau.

Pau is shooting under 36% FG this season. He's been destroyed before the regular season even started so that's not saying much lol.

P&GRealist
11-08-2013, 11:54 PM
Tonight Anthony Davis (stud) and Jason freakin Smith destroyed Pau. Not much ado about "Dwight destroying Pau."

JNA17
11-08-2013, 11:58 PM
Tonight Anthony Davis (stud) and Jason freakin Smith destroyed Pau. Not much ado about "Dwight destroying Pau."

Davis will be the best center in the NBA by the end of the year if not already. He is a freaking monster.

big_w
11-09-2013, 12:10 AM
Davis will be the best center in the NBA by the end of the year if not already. He is a freaking monster.

Absolutely. Someone should apologize to Anthony Davis every time they call Dwight Howard the "best" center in the game. Davis plays both forward and center, but there's little doubt that he is quickly establishing himself as the most versatile and well rounded big in the NBA today.

32 pts, 12 rebounds, 6 blks and posts the W.

JNA17
11-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Absolutely. Someone should apologize to Anthony Davis every time they call Dwight Howard the "best" center in the game. Davis plays both forward and center, but there's little doubt that he is quickly establishing himself as the most versatile and well rounded big in the NBA today.

32 pts, 12 rebounds, 6 blks and posts the W.

but but...according to my sig, Davis is weak! How is that possible with his...skinny weakness and stuff?!

big_w
11-09-2013, 12:14 AM

Dwight did however, destroy the backboard with those bricks he calls free throw attempts. 5-16 is inexcusable.

big_w
11-09-2013, 12:20 AM
but but...according to my sig, Davis is weak! How is that possible with his...skinny weakness and stuff?!

lol, FOBolous can't even spell his own screenname properly, much less offer up a cogent analysis of the game of basketball. Dude thinks the average weight of an nba center is 300 lbs. Or is it 400? 500? He should check the stats of some skinny kid named lew alcindor (225 lbs.). He had a so-so career in the nba.

beliges
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
The moral of this story is simple. Dwight is no longer the best big man in the game.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-09-2013, 03:31 PM
The moral of this story is simple. Dwight is no longer the best big man in the game.

Davis is the new sheriff in town.

FOBolous
11-09-2013, 03:39 PM

Davis hasn't even played Center this season. The Center position in NO is being split between Jason Smith and Greg Stiemsma. When Davis did play Center last season, he struggled big time. So I don't know why you keep talking about Davis as if he's a Center. He's not. Do you even watch your own team (i assume you're a NO fan)? Here are the box score to all of NO's game this season if you don't believe me:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488938
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488954
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488928
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488908
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488894
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488884

so yea...keep me in your sig. lol. i really don't care. because you're only letting everyone know how ******** YOU are thinking Davis is a Center.

John Walls Era
11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
:laugh2: Apologize?

ztilzer31
11-09-2013, 10:14 PM
Still don't think we should question his game? Dwight proved most Laker fans point, he is over rated, good riddance. I'm so happy you put my bet on your sig, even if I don't win this bet, games like last night make things a lot better, and you just got as taste of how bad he can get, it get's worse trust me. Wait till he calls out teammates, fouls out early in a game, and eventually calls out the guards for taking too many shots and oh yeah never take the blame for anything.

When you lose that bet I get to pick your signature that you have for a year. Definitely gonna have Dwight Howard in it for sure.

Vinylman
11-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Davis hasn't even played Center this season. The Center position in NO is being split between Jason Smith and Greg Stiemsma. When Davis did play Center last season, he struggled big time. So I don't know why you keep talking about Davis as if he's a Center. He's not. Do you even watch your own team (i assume you're a NO fan)? Here are the box score to all of NO's game this season if you don't believe me:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488938
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488954
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488928
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488908
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488894
http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400488884

so yea...keep me in your sig. lol. i really don't care. because you're only letting everyone know how ******** YOU are thinking Davis is a Center.

Davis has started as many games at Center as D12 this year... ZERO

they both play power forward

Now... why don't you work on another argument why the 2 can't be compared...

D12 definitely dominates in 1 category... creating illegitimate children...

can you think of anything else?

Tony_Starks
11-11-2013, 07:52 PM

People just lay in wait to hate on Kobe. Then they get mad at Laker fans when we're not even the ones bringing him up in the first place!!!

beliges
11-11-2013, 08:00 PM

People just lay in wait to hate on Kobe. Then they get mad at Laker fans when we're not even the ones bringing him up in the first place!!!

Anytime a current player is a top 5 or 6 player of all time like kobe, there will be tons of love and hate.

Almighty Push
11-11-2013, 11:25 PM

:laugh:

LA_Raiders
11-12-2013, 12:57 AM
Lol, ok. First let see if he can win a ship then we talk.

P&GRealist
11-12-2013, 01:01 AM
It took the Rockets 2 overtimes and Kyle Lowry getting fouled out to pull out the win at home against the Raptors. Not promising at all for the Rockets.

Dwight 4-12 FT shooting. Until he improves in that area, his team will find themselves in tight game situations or at the short end of stick many times this season.

John Walls Era
11-12-2013, 02:12 AM
Jonas outplayed him. Which is bad considering Jonas fouled out way before the end of the game.

FOBolous
11-12-2013, 05:11 AM

dude...the discussion between me and JNA17 wasn't about comparing dwight and davis. that never even came up. but alright...whatever. you're right. Davis is a Center and Dwight Howard is a PF.

FOBolous
11-12-2013, 05:50 AM
It took the Rockets 2 overtimes and Kyle Lowry getting fouled out to pull out the win at home against the Raptors. Not promising at all for the Rockets.

Dwight 4-12 FT shooting. Until he improves in that area, his team will find themselves in tight game situations or at the short end of stick many times this season.

the whole rockets team was playing sick or injured. Francist Garcia. Harden, Lin, Howard, and Smith were all experiencing flu like symptoms. It was so bad that some guys had to get IVs to hydrate before the game. Garcia ultimately did not play. Meanwhile, Casspi was playing with a strained tendon in his left knee, Parsons was dealing with back spasms, and Harden was dealing with a foot injury.

Iron24th
11-12-2013, 05:58 AM
LOL at this thread, even rockets fans don't like it.

PSD NBA forum...

SoxPatsCeltsBs
11-12-2013, 06:41 AM
Your man crush for Dwight scares me... The guy is the poster child for the NBA's biggest *****es. F Dwight Howard. .

Vinylman
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
dude...the discussion between me and JNA17 wasn't about comparing dwight and davis. that never even came up. but alright...whatever. you're right. Davis is a Center and Dwight Howard is a PF.

wow!!! reading comprehension problems much? where did I say Davis was a Center...

keep digging your hole

mightybosstone
11-12-2013, 11:47 AM
the whole rockets team was playing sick or injured. Francist Garcia. Harden, Lin, Howard, and Smith were all experiencing flu like symptoms. It was so bad that some guys had to get IVs to hydrate before the game. Garcia ultimately did not play. Meanwhile, Casspi was playing with a strained tendon in his left knee, Parsons was dealing with back spasms, and Harden was dealing with a foot injury.

Yeah. Everyone needs to relax about the Rockets' struggles with the Raptors last night. As sick and banged up as they were, I was super impressed with how gutsy the win was and how well they played in both overtimes. They clearly were exhausted and getting outplayed in the second half, so to pull out the win at all was impressive.

blahblahyoutoo
11-15-2013, 01:48 AM
apologize for him getting shut down by bargnani?

jerellh528
11-15-2013, 02:11 AM
I really hope howard gets his **** together. People are realizing exactly what he is, a cancer to a team. Poor rockets are going to be stuck in mediocrity if Howard doesn't man up.

shep33
11-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Bargs outplayed Dwight... WTF is the world coming to?

IBleedPurple
11-15-2013, 02:38 AM
Dear Dwight,

I'm truly sorry you're such an irresolute, hypocritical, pathologically dishonest, egomaniacal putz.

x2

Heatcheck
11-15-2013, 10:15 AM
1-5 against Bargniani, amazing.

Dwight is the one who should be apologizing to the FO, who should in turn apologize to the fans for giving this Danny Fortson wannabe a max deal.

Wipe that stupid *** smile off your face and learn how to play in the post.

ztilzer31
11-15-2013, 10:34 AM
1-5 against Bargniani, amazing.

Dwight is the one who should be apologizing to the FO, who should in turn apologize to the fans for giving this Danny Fortson wannabe a max deal.

Wipe that stupid *** smile off your face and learn how to play in the post.

Yeah because Danny Fortson was anywhere near Dwight defensively.

Just proves it. You don't like the guy so you ignore his abilities. You sir, have no ability to think beyond your emotions.

No one is arguing that Dwight is a great guy, and has made perfect decisions. This thread is about his ability, and if you think he's a Danny Fortson wannabe... You shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports.

mightybosstone
11-15-2013, 10:39 AM
This is why OP never should have made this ****ing thread. Now, any time Dwight has a bad game, people are going to rip on him in this thread, and it gives them an outlet to do so. People won't care that the guy has been great all season long or that Thursday's game was BY FAR his worst game of the season, because they're idiots. They see blood in the water and attack.

OP overreacted to a small sample size and now his opponents are reacting to an even smaller sample size. PSD: where a single regular season game in November makes or breaks a player's reputation.

Heatcheck
11-15-2013, 10:54 AM
or the fact that hes scored over 20 pts in 3 games and is making 20 million+ a year for it

Heatcheck
11-15-2013, 10:56 AM

Yeah because Danny Fortson was anywhere near Dwight defensively.

Just proves it. You don't like the guy so you ignore his abilities. You sir, have no ability to think beyond your emotions.

No one is arguing that Dwight is a great guy, and has made perfect decisions. This thread is about his ability, and if you think he's a Danny Fortson wannabe... You shouldn't be allowed to talk about sports.

awww that's so sweet...its ok sunshine it was just a joke
I wasn't literally comparing him to danny fortson

feel better?

Heatcheck
11-15-2013, 11:00 AM
BTW he did a bang up job defensively on Bargnani last night....muahahaha

Snakeyestx
11-15-2013, 11:20 AM
OP overreacted to a small sample size and now his opponents are reacting to an even smaller sample size.

Maaaaaybe it's because the OP has to go through life walking around with his "small sample size" and has to pick on others to feel better. Just sayin'

EO1984
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Dwight, I am sorry that you are one of the most hated players in the league. I also want to apologize for people putting you in the same sentence defensivley as Roy Hibbert. You're clearly a class below the Big Dog. I also want to apologize to you for how people put the incredible ridiculous expectations that you can lead their team to a championship. They should know you enjoy being a clown and would rather get paid and have media attention than focusing on winning a ring. I also think I should say sorry for the way Kobe treated you. How dare he think he can reign in your attention to help him win another ring. He should have known that your slam dunk championships, endoresments, and past conference finals appearences are just as important as winning a championship. Kobe sucks!

Dwight sucks.

Gibby23
11-15-2013, 11:37 AM
This is why OP never should have made this ****ing thread. Now, any time Dwight has a bad game, people are going to rip on him in this thread, and it gives them an outlet to do so. People won't care that the guy has been great all season long or that Thursday's game was BY FAR his worst game of the season, because they're idiots. They see blood in the water and attack.

OP overreacted to a small sample size and now his opponents are reacting to an even smaller sample size. PSD: where a single regular season game in November makes or breaks a player's reputation.

It's not just bad games. He is still the same player he was last year. He is good, but is far fron consistant. He still has no post game at all and can't shoot FT's.

Teeboy1487
11-15-2013, 12:27 PM
This thread is reminding me of that Wade is done thread from last year.

blahblahyoutoo
11-15-2013, 12:28 PM

no one is overreacting to one game. we're reacting to his complete lack of basketball skill and talent.
dwight has shown practically zero progress on the offensive end since entering the league.

top 5 player in the league? he might not even be a top 5 center.

John Walls Era
11-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Ive always been consistent: no post game. no brains. will choke in the 4th. Hes good at other things like D and rebounding without boxing out.