PDA

View Full Version : We Believe vs 2013 Warriors: Which team is better/your favorite?

lol, please
11-05-2013, 02:35 AM
I know it's too early to draw from a sample size of metrics on this seasons team, but I wanted to throw this out there now since I go so hard in the paint. Who do you think is the better team? We don't know yet but we can speculate.

Also, which team do you like more? Are more attached too? I know this question was asked last season and alot of people leaned towards the We Believe team. Have your opinions changed? Discuss.

MackShock
11-05-2013, 06:58 AM
2013 Team, and it's not even close.

likemystylez
11-05-2013, 10:37 AM
regardless of any stats- 2013 warriors are far better, more well rounded, better defense, and many core pieces are still getting better. Suggesting this squad could be good for the next 5+ years.

Scoots
11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Youth and sanity makes 2013 a clear choice.

Leandres_sf
11-05-2013, 12:03 PM
We Believe was an exciting and emotional run, but this roster is better and it's not even close.

COOLbeans
11-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Baron Davis was fun to watch but, we believe was a fluke and most of those guys didn't last in the league very long or regressed significantly. The current team is made up of true Golden State Warriors. Setting the tone and creating a lasting culture.

2013 by a landslide

Goose17
11-06-2013, 01:57 PM
2013 is better and it's not close, not in the slightest. This is the best roster we have had in decades.

And I'm more attached to this team.

Chromehounds
11-06-2013, 02:59 PM
We believe year was about pure luck and overachievers, the past couple of years....it's just pure talents. No contest on the talents side, but 07 W's win hands down on excitement! First playoff taste for many fans.

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 03:08 PM
We believe year was about pure luck and overachievers, the past couple of years....it's just pure talents. No contest on the talents side, but 07 W's win hands down on excitement! First playoff taste for many fans.

Dont know if it is hands down- this team was recently rated as the most fun to watch. Steph curry going off in a few of those 3rd quarters last year in the playoffs was right there with we believe excitement IMO.

Aside from that, the warriors are averaging 112 points per game, probably have the best passing starters in the NBA... and watching Iggy and Barnes on the break should satisfy your finishing at the rim requirements.

MackShock
11-06-2013, 03:27 PM
yup...and also talent can win games...excitement can not. Just because a team is exciting doesnt make them good. We know this all too well.

Chromehounds
11-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Like I said talents wise no contest, excitement was more toward the end of the year. Maybe I should have said the Playoff fever was at its peak.

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 03:40 PM
yup...and also talent can win games...excitement can not. Just because a team is exciting doesnt make them good. We know this all too well.

well... 2007 warriors had some talent. Baron davis had the talent to be a top 10 player in the nba. they didnt have the personel to compete in games that werent going the way they wanted them too. the 07 warriors could only play well in one type of game. It was cool that 4 or 5 players on the team were all playing by far the best ball of their careers at the same time- but thats not sustainable.....Also- how the team was constructed made them unlikely to be a good team for 5 straight years or more like this year

MackShock
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
well... 2007 warriors had some talent. Baron davis had the talent to be a top 10 player in the nba. they didnt have the personel to compete in games that werent going the way they wanted them too. the 07 warriors could only play well in one type of game. It was cool that 4 or 5 players on the team were all playing by far the best ball of their careers at the same time- but thats not sustainable.....Also- how the team was constructed made them unlikely to be a good team for 5 straight years or more like this year

We Believe was built to run.

13 dubs are built to win.

Goose17
11-06-2013, 04:10 PM
We Believe was built to run.

13 dubs are built to win.

We Believe was built to run the court. 13 Dubs were built to run the league.

;)

Aren't we going with "We Still Believe" or was that just for last season? :p

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 04:12 PM
We Believe was built to run the court. 13 Dubs were built to run the league.

;)

Aren't we going with "We Still Believe" or was that just for last season? :p

when i went to the playoff games last year- the new t shirts were "We Hella Believe"

Goose17
11-06-2013, 04:15 PM
when i went to the playoff games last year- the new t shirts were "We Hella Believe"

lol, not sure I can get behind that slogan.

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 06:00 PM
lol, not sure I can get behind that slogan.

Goose, saying 'hella' is a bay area thing..

the entire bay uses the word to accentuate a point. It's a play on Bay Area culture and we believe.

lol, please
11-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Hella is no doubt bay area flavor, but it has its place, and on the official slogan of an NBA team, I don't think so. Just because it's cool to say when around friends, doesn't mean it isn't inappropriate/trashy in other settings, lol.

I agree with goose. We Hella believe is something I might say around friends, but I wouldn't be seen with the phrase on my shirt, unless I was in "house clothes".

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 06:54 PM
I will never ever use hella. It sounds lame.

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 07:03 PM
I will never ever use hella. It sounds lame.

Were did you grow up?

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Hella is no doubt bay area flavor, but it has its place, and on the official slogan of an NBA team, I don't think so. Just because it's cool to say when around friends, doesn't mean it isn't inappropriate/trashy in other settings, lol.

I agree with goose. We Hella believe is something I might say around friends, but I wouldn't be seen with the phrase on my shirt, unless I was in "house clothes".

I like it. Ive never even heard of those shirts, but I think it's dope.

As a kid, did you grow up in the Bay Area?

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Were did you grow up?

I grew up 45 minutes away from Oakland. I live in a small, nice part of town. People use hella here if that is what you are wondering.

lol, please
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I like it. Ive never even heard of those shirts, but I think it's dope.

Did you grow up as a kid in the Bay Area?

I sure did. Then I did this thing called grow up, mature, and am in the process of fulfilling a career. Why is that relevant? Because doing things like wearing a shirt like that or saying "hella" to anyone who doesn't know me well, can be detrimental to my career.

And that's coming from someone who, for lack of a better, more fitting phrase, "is from the streets". I like to mention that solely because without that fact, my accomplishments lose context.

There is this thing called progress, I intend to define it with my life.

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 07:27 PM
I grew up 45 minutes away from Oakland. I live in a small, nice part of town. People use hella here if that is what you are wondering.

I was. I've never heard someone from the bay say they think hella is a lame word. It sounds like an l.a. thing truthfully

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I sure did. Then I did this thing called grow up, mature, and am in the process of fulfilling a career. Why is that relevant? Because doing things like wearing a shirt like that or saying "hella" to anyone who doesn't know me well, can be detrimental to my career.

And that's coming from someone who, for lack of a better, more fitting phrase, "is from the streets". I like to mention that solely because without that fact, my accomplishments lose context.

I get it man. I never use the word unless I'm extremely excited and or drunk and with Bay Area friends. All of these usually align. Either way, I think the slogan on the shirt is alright since it's a Bay Area thing and it was being televised nationally.

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM

Which direction and what freeways homey?

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Which direction and what freeways homey?

580 and North.

MackShock
11-06-2013, 08:49 PM
he's not willing to give up what city he lives in.

MackShock
11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
theres also no such thing as 580 North

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I have given enough information up where someone who cares enough could probably find out I feel.

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 08:53 PM
theres also no such thing as 580 North

Lol 580 to 80 perhaps?

COOLbeans
11-06-2013, 08:53 PM
I have given enough information up where someone who cares enough could probably find out I feel.

Brentwood?

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Brentwood?

That's pretty close, actually. But, no, that's not where I am.

MackShock
11-06-2013, 08:59 PM

Nope. You know how many cities are off the 580? or even near Brentwood...lol.

You are definitely not definitive with anything. Ever.

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Nope. You know how many cities are off the 580? or even near Brentwood...lol.

You are definitely not definitive with anything. Ever.

But how many are 45 minutes away?

MackShock
11-06-2013, 09:06 PM
But how many are 45 minutes away?

0. None are exactly 45 minutes away. But we could be talking Oakley, Pittsburg, Antioch, Discovery Bay, etc etc. Could even be a much smaller town like Clayton. You get the idea.

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I live in Livermore.

MackShock
11-06-2013, 09:25 PM
I live in Livermore.

Haha, thats nowhere near Brentwood.

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Haha, thats nowhere near Brentwood.

I know. It's like 30 minutes away.

I have a pretty liberal definition of close though. I consider Oakland close.

lol, please
11-06-2013, 09:47 PM

I get it man. I never use the word unless I'm extremely excited and or drunk and with Bay Area friends. All of these usually align. Either way, I think the slogan on the shirt is alright since it's a Bay Area thing and it was being televised nationally.for what it's worth, I'm not putting it down, you just have to know when to "turn the switch off/on" as a NY Giants fan would say.

Scoots
11-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I've made it from Pleasanton to the Oracle in 14 minutes ... 45 from livermore is assuming traffic I guess? Google says 31 minutes from the center of livermore to the O.

lol, please
11-06-2013, 11:29 PM
How fast were you going? lol. I bart it to Oracle, atm.

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 11:35 PM
I've made it from Pleasanton to the Oracle in 14 minutes ... 45 from livermore is assuming traffic I guess? Google says 31 minutes from the center of livermore to the O.

Traffic gets real bad. Crawl bad.

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Isn't Livermore south east of Oakland?

lol, please
11-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Traffic is savagely underrated in the bay, everyone likes to talk about LA traffic, but when driving in and out of SF, I just shake my head.

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Bay Area traffic isn't much compared to the l.a. gridlock day in and day out throughout that city and Orange County as well. About 100 miles of traffic starting around 3 pm

lol, please
11-07-2013, 12:30 AM
It's bad enough to cry about, I hate having to "account for" anywhere from 20-50 mins+ anytime I go near the city. It's ridiculous.

lol, please
11-07-2013, 12:31 AM
The whole stretch to the bay bridge shortly after Ceasar Chavez (It's Army street, beezys!) is literally always congested. I could probably walk out there at like 4 am and it would still be a complete standstill.

MackShock
11-07-2013, 01:22 AM
The whole stretch to the bay bridge shortly after Ceasar Chavez (It's Army street, beezys!) is literally always congested. I could probably walk out there at like 4 am and it would still be a complete standstill.

Completely false.

lol, please
11-07-2013, 05:18 AM

Completely false.I exaggerated to make a point, lol

MackShock
11-07-2013, 07:03 AM
I know..just felt like being a dick. Sorry.

Hows this?

#DUBSUP

Scoots
11-07-2013, 12:23 PM
The Bay Area has some really bad traffic spots and used to have the worst traffic stretch in the state, but LA has become SOOOOO much worse over the last decade. I left Irvine at 6pm on a Friday to come back to the bay ... just driving down 5 took me nearly 5 hours to get out of LA. LA is the perfect town for the self driving car.

When I did Pleasanton to Oracle in 14 minutes I never exceeded 80 mph. It's only 20 miles, so driving 60 mph gets you there in 20 minutes. If you get up to 70 the time drops to 16 minutes and when there isn't traffic the other cars are probably going faster than 70 most of the time.

MackShock
11-07-2013, 01:27 PM
LA is historically bad for traffic. The Bay was never worse...at least not IMO

Scoots
11-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Overall the bay area was never worse, but supposedly it had the single worst stretch of highway for bad traffic. Traffic in the bay area got a LOT better after the 89 earthquake.

Spanklin
11-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm a bandwagon fan and don't know exactly what "we believe" team was, but my favorite is the 2006-2007. How can you not love a number 8 seed making that greasy German cry and go on a binger that would make Biedrins look like a teetotaler?

I take that excitement over a most likely 2nd round exit, even if I am super excited for the Warriors this season hoping they pass all are expectations of 48-52 wins.

likemystylez
11-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I'm a bandwagon fan and don't know exactly what "we believe" team was, but my favorite is the 2006-2007. How can you not love a number 8 seed making that greasy German cry and go on a binger that would make Biedrins look like a teetotaler?

I take that excitement over a most likely 2nd round exit, even if I am super excited for the Warriors this season hoping they pass all are expectations of 48-52 wins.

Ummmm LOL

Chromehounds
11-07-2013, 03:19 PM

Bandwagon or not, the more the merrier. Welcome aboard, btw, 06-07 season was the famed "We Believe" year. And Yes, it was only exciting near the end of the year and during the playoff. The first 8th seed to ever beat the 1st seed in a 7 game series, some history there. And Patrick O'Bryant, ahhh...a pick to forget. And the hype of the "We Belong" playoff last year was not comparable to the "We Believe" year, I agree.

lol, please
11-07-2013, 06:08 PM

I take that excitement over a most likely 2nd round exit, even if I am super excited for the Warriors this season hoping they pass all are expectations of 48-52 wins.:clap: YES!!!! Respect for admitting it. Much respect. I only have a problem with those who hide it. We need more people like you in the Sf giants and 49ers forums, all kinds of people hiding in the fans closet there.

MackShock
11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
:clap: YES!!!! Respect for admitting it. Much respect. I only have a problem with those who hide it. We need more people like you in the Sf giants and 49ers forums, all kinds of people hiding in the fans closet there.

just like how you're a closet lakers fan?

lol, please
11-07-2013, 07:43 PM
:clap: YES!!!! Respect for admitting it. Much respect. I only have a problem with those who hide it. We need more people like you in the Sf giants and 49ers forums, all kinds of people hiding in the fans closet there.

just like how you're a closet lakers fan?No. That would imply I still am, which I'm not. I'm a bandwagon fan by technical standards, however the fact that I switched before the success makes my decision commendable.

I love how you continue to bring it up like I would deny it ever or like it's in any way relevant or it gets at me.

A word of advice, baiting only works when the bait is emotionally charged to the baited. :)

Truth is I love rubbing in to Lakers fans how I got tired of the winning and went to a team where I will feel rewarded for loyalty.

likemystylez
11-07-2013, 07:53 PM
No. That would imply I still am, which I'm not. I'm a bandwagon fan by technical standards, however the fact that I switched before the success makes my decision commendable.

I love how you continue to bring it up like I would deny it ever or like it's in any way relevant or it gets at me.

A word of advice, baiting only works when the bait is emotionally charged to the baited. :)

Truth is I love rubbing in to Lakers fans how I got tired of the winning and went to a team where I will feel rewarded for loyalty.

wait a minute.......you're an ex laker fan?

and to think- you said I was dead to you because I thought my elvis keith sandwich from ikes was ehhh. Meanwhile- this whole time you're a recovering lakers fan. Oh the betrayal, ........man and I really thought your opinion mattered.

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-07-2013, 07:58 PM
When i voted i literally said to myself......"I know nobody possibly voted for the we believe squad" and i was right.

lol, please
11-08-2013, 12:43 AM
wait a minute.......you're an ex laker fan?

and to think- you said I was dead to you because I thought my elvis keith sandwich from ikes was ehhh. Meanwhile- this whole time you're a recovering lakers fan. Oh the betrayal, ........man and I really thought your opinion mattered.

Yep, no one's perfect. :laugh2: I laughed out loud when I remembered that Ikes comment, lol.

WestCoastSportz
11-11-2013, 03:35 PM
I guess I was the only one that voted for the We Believe team. I love this team now, but for me, it doesn't generate that feeling of excitement that the We Believe team did. Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson are complete opposite players than Baron Davis and Jason Richardson. Although the Curry/Thompson combo is a better scoring one and the more fluid offensively, you can't deny the wow factor that the Davis/Richardson backcourt delivered. You won't see Curry dunking on a guy like Kirilenko anytime soon. You won't see a breakaway windmill dunk from Thompson either. Then you add Stephen Jackson and an off the bench Monta Ellis and that team was really fun to watch. Its a different level of excitement now for this current team. Its a more confident and positive energy one, but for the We Believe team, it was fun and exciting to watch even if they lost.

treglip
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
2013, so well rounded, chemistry coming together, defensive and can attack inside and out