PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook's return handled much better than Rose's return?

sunsfan88
11-04-2013, 01:57 AM
I think the Chicago Bulls organization and all 28 other teams in the league should look at how OKC handled Westbrook and his return from injury.

Instead of telling the media that Westbrook will be playing sooner than he actually will be, they kept saying that Westbrook will be out for much longer than he actually was.

This gave Westbrook literally no pressure to return asap and he took his sweet time to heal up and recover and "surprisingly" came back.

Exact opposite of Rose's return and how the Bulls handled it.

When asked about Westbrook's return so fast and how he had been expected to return much later, he said "I don't know even know who came up with the 4-6 weeks and even months crap. I always knew I would be back much sooner than that and it was just a matter of me being completely comfortable and ready to go"

c.c.
11-04-2013, 02:24 AM
Not to mention he played much better too. D-Rose might of hit that game winner but have been shooting horrible and getting a lot silly turn overs.

bholly
11-04-2013, 02:33 AM
The problem with Rose wasn't that they were overeager with the timeline they gave, it was that even if they were as conservative as they could've reasonably been, he still ended up being out longer than that. Hard to blame them for that. Not to mention that Rose's possible comeback was during the late season and playoffs, while Russ's was in November, so there was always going to be more media speculation and pressure for Rose.

sunsfan88
11-04-2013, 02:53 AM
The problem with Rose wasn't that they were overeager with the timeline they gave, it was that even if they were as conservative as they could've reasonably been, he still ended up being out longer than that. Hard to blame them for that. Not to mention that Rose's possible comeback was during the late season and playoffs, while Russ's was in November, so there was always going to be more media speculation and pressure for Rose.
They should have just said that Rose will not play in the '12-'13 season. And then if by chance he comes back healthy, great. He defied all odds and helps them win.

Nobody loses in that scenario.

Stunner
11-04-2013, 04:22 AM
Blah blah how many Rose threads going to be made ?

bbcmillionaire
11-04-2013, 04:52 AM
Lol another drose thread? I swear...I haven't seen a real bulls fan make an actual rose thread in a long time

sunsfan88
11-04-2013, 05:32 AM
Blah blah how many Rose threads going to be made ?

He's a top 5 player in the NBA when healthy so of course we are going to talk about him. Just like we talk about LeBron a lot because he's the best player in the NBA.

This is an NBA forum and we talk about the NBA and its best players.

FraziersKnicks
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I love it. Worked perfectly for my fantasy team. Picked him up in the 6th round and he's only missed 2 games.

Now I have a backcourt of Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook.

:dance:

ghettosean
11-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Well I would hope that Westbrooks return was handled better since it was just for an offseason pretty much like every player in the NBA. Rose was out for over a season there is obviously going to be some rust and conditioning issues (throw chemistry in there as well since it's been over a season) this is just common sense.

ghettosean
11-04-2013, 11:15 AM

This

THE MTL
11-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I just think that Russell Westbrook is a beast and came back sooner rather than later. He has only missed 2 NBA games in his entire career.

Now, I hope ppl will stop underrating him and pointing out his flaws. Westbrook is a top 10 NBA player and now it is time that everyone gives him his due instead of talking about not being a true PG and turnovers.

The Thunder have consistently been Top 5 NBA for years and thats with Westbrook at PG, so if it aint broke stop trying to fix it.

Glad to see Westbrook back.

bholly
11-04-2013, 11:33 AM
They should have just said that Rose will not play in the '12-'13 season. And then if by chance he comes back healthy, great. He defied all odds and helps them win.

Nobody loses in that scenario.

The doctor said it would be 8-12 months, and the team said he could miss the whole next season but they were 'optimistic' that if things went well he could be back earlier. Three questions: 1. do you really expect the team to say 'the doctor said 8-12 months but we expect him to not do very well and end up taking 12 months or more'? and 2. do you really think that once 8 months or so passes, and the fans and media see that Rose has been walking fine for months and going to practices, that they aren't going to speculate regardless of what the team had said? and 3. do you really think the pressure made a difference? Dude took all the time he needed and waited until this season. It's not like they rushed him into coming back. What's the problem?

Really, they didn't handle it any differently. Chicago gave the approximate timeline given by the doctor and it turned out that it took longer for him to get ready. When we got closer to that period and he returned they were unequivocal that there was no set timeline and he'd be back when he was risk-free and ready. OKC gave the approximate timeline given by the doctor and got lucky in that he was ready much earlier.

In short, the Bulls didn't put any more pressure on Rose than OKC did on Westbrook. They were as cautious and patient as you can possibly be. You can't blame them for the fact that Rose took longer than anyone could've expected, while Russ was freakishly quick.

O_Touro
11-04-2013, 12:02 PM
He will get back to his self in time.
My biggest fear was how he would look phisically. Well he looks great... its his decions, shooting and defense thatīs hurting him. But that he can correct it with time

Minimal
11-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Westbrook was and is better than Rose, such an underrated player, they are like twins and he is the evil twin, that media decided to hate.

bholly
11-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Westbrook was and is better than Rose, such an underrated player, they are like twins and he is the evil twin, that media decided to hate.

It's just so dumb how 'hate' has become a catch-all for people who just don't want to have to think at all. Even if it was true that they're exactly identical but Rose gets rated higher by the media, that's more easily (and more satisfactorily) explained by Rose being better early on, Rose having an MVP (in a season where he was better than Westbrook), and Westbrook being the #2 on his team, than by jumping to the conclusion that the media as a group deciding to 'hate' on Westbrook for no clear reason.