PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Curry: Is it too soon?

Il Mago50
11-04-2013, 12:53 AM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/11/03/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-chasing-the-title-of-nbas-all-time-greatest-shooter/

With that article, what's your opinion on the subject? Too soon? Justified? If so, where do you put him?

Guppyfighter
11-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Ray Allen two best three point shooting seasons are as good as Curry's worst three point shooting season.

No. It's not.

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 01:48 AM
It's not but like the article said longevity will be key. He stays healthy he will be crowned the best.

JNA17
11-04-2013, 02:12 AM
As long as Curry is healthy throughout his career, it won't be even close.

sunsfan88
11-04-2013, 02:17 AM
If he stays healthy yea. He starting to become a better 3pt shooter than Nash was in his prime.

tredigs
11-04-2013, 02:26 AM
He's already the best shooter ever from a peak/prime standpoint that I can think of, it's just a matter of longevity to hit the counting #'s. I also don't think we've seen what he's fully capable of yet.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 02:27 AM
Not too soon. Curry is the greatest shooter in NBA history and if he maintains as said already for years to come.. I doubt anybody will ever come close to his efficiency and supreme shooting. He has a chance to be 50/40/90 literally every single year of his prime which could last a decade for all we know.

ThaDubs
11-04-2013, 02:29 AM
He's already the best shooter ever from a peak/prime standpoint that I can think of, it's just a matter of longevity to hit the counting #'s. I also don't think we've seen what he's fully capable of yet.

I honestly think it could get to the point where the opposing PG's will have to play him tight from halfcourt lol.

tredigs
11-04-2013, 02:31 AM
I honestly think it could get to the point where the opposing PG's will have to play him tight from halfcourt lol.

If you go to games often you've seen him casually hit 15 in a row from 40 feet in pregame and nobody bats an eye. Eventually he'll start bringing that into the game, I'm pretty sure of it. I've been to a ton of NBA games and seen a lot of fun pregame antics, but what he can do in practice shooting wise trumps 'em all.

ThaDubs
11-04-2013, 02:40 AM
If you go to games often you've seen him casually hit 15 in a row from 40 feet in pregame and nobody bats an eye. Eventually he'll start bringing that into the game, I'm pretty sure of it. I've been to a ton of NBA games and seen a lot of fun pregame antics, but what he can do in practice shooting wise trumps 'em all.

My family has season tickets so yes I do. :)
I've seen him do that quite a bit and it's ridiculous. If he brings that to the game (which would be crazy) it will cause the guard to cover him so close that he'll be able to get around them almost whenever he wants, causing someone to come for help defense, leaving someone open to pass to every time. I mean honestly what would be a coach's defensive plan for covering a guy who can rain down 40 footers?

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 02:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21GotQC4S-o

But does Curry have the strength to do this? :p

tredigs
11-04-2013, 02:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21GotQC4S-o

But does Curry have the strength to do this? :p

Haha. I raise you 15 feet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRA-8FuK6xU

tredigs
11-04-2013, 02:47 AM
My family has season tickets so yes I do. :)
I've seen him do that quite a bit and it's ridiculous. If he brings that to the game (which would be crazy) it will cause the guard to cover him so close that he'll be able to get around them almost whenever he wants, causing someone to come for help defense, leaving someone open to pass to every time. I mean honestly what would be a coach's defensive plan for covering a guy who can rain down 40 footers?
I don't know, but Klay's probably excited to find out.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 02:49 AM
Haha. I raise you 15 feet! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRA-8FuK6xU

Hey one is using his whole body for momentum other is just the arm! Is that the size of the USC court Blake did it on or smaller? Looks like the Warriors practice facility?

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 02:51 AM
I don't think he needs to be as dramatic as 40 feet. If he can do 33-35 feet he will be the most unguardable player in NBA history quite possibly. Remember the NBA line is like 23.5 I think... and he regularly shoots 28+ now. Extend it another 5-7 feet.. and while that doesn't sound like a lot it's a TON.

tredigs
11-04-2013, 02:59 AM
I don't think he needs to be as dramatic as 40 feet. If he can do 33-35 feet he will be the most unguardable player in NBA history quite possibly. Remember the NBA line is like 23.5 I think... and he regularly shoots 28+ now. Extend it another 5-7 feet.. and while that doesn't sound like a lot it's a TON.

Hah no, for sure. 40 isn't realistic in game situations (and looking at the dimensions, that was too far. When he practice launches it's a bit in front of the semi-circle, so like 33-37ft) but I'm predicting 30 foot heat checks are going to be pretty common/hilarious this year.

Il Mago50
11-04-2013, 01:39 PM

That's the scary part, you usually only see guys pull up from 30 when they're just in a zone...Curry just pulls up from there when he feels like it

DreamShaker
11-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I am comfortable saying I have never seen a better 3 point shooter.

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 01:54 PM
I am comfortable saying I have never seen a better 3 point shooter.

Some could argue that's relative to your age but no curry is just that good of a shooter it's scary. Hell Klay might even end up going down as one of the best all time shooters when all is said and done.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Its to soon to call him the GOAT shooter, even if from a numbers standpoint its probably true. If he can keep those ankles at bay he should have no problem earning the title. I'll never forgive Minnesota for their draft blunders that year. If not for their indiscretions the Knicks had a realistic shot at either Rubio or Curry.

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Its to soon to call him the GOAT shooter, even if from a numbers standpoint its probably true. If he can keep those ankles at bay he should have no problem earning the title. I'll never forgive Minnesota for their draft blunders that year. If not for their indiscretions the Knicks had a realistic shot at either Rubio or Curry.

How's that... The wolves wanted Rubio from the get go and the warriors had every intention of drafting curry. Nelson loved the kid. Even if the wolves took curry the warriors would have taken Rubio and traded him with biedrins to the suns for amare. Thank god that didn't happen! But either way the Knicks never had a chance.

Kashmir13579
11-04-2013, 02:21 PM
How's that... The wolves wanted Rubio from the get go and the warriors had every intention of drafting curry. Nelson loved the kid. Even if the wolves took curry the warriors would have taken Rubio and traded him with biedrins to the suns for amare. Thank god that didn't happen! But either way the Knicks never had a chance.

In hindsight its easy to forget Johnny Flynn was in the mix to be drafted 5-8. Even if Flynn was the player left for the Knicks, he fit what they were trying to do at the time, and things might have gone differently in his career. Nobody saw Minnesota taking two PGs back to back. I don't wanna get into it because we've done it a million times and i shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2013, 03:22 PM
he already projected, with enough attempts to fit a minimum criteria, to join the all time shooters category. So it's not out of the question that when he is done, he is the best. The sheer volume he shoots them at, along with his percentage, if it keeps up, is unheard of.

Hawkeye15
11-04-2013, 03:22 PM

we had back to back picks. In hindsight, you take Rubio and Curry.

Chronz
11-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Yes, whos better?

JasonJohnHorn
11-04-2013, 03:35 PM
He's off to a good start.... worth discussing... he is pretty awesome.

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-04-2013, 03:50 PM
If he stays healthy yea. He starting to become a better 3pt shooter than Nash was in his prime.

Did you say He's starting to become a better 3 point shooter LOL...............He is better bud!

koreancabbage
11-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Do you think he is the greatest descendant of any basketball player? (Dell Curry was the father and Stephen is way better than his father)

MygirlhatesCod
11-04-2013, 04:03 PM
If the game was on the line and a 3 was needed i cant think of any other player (ever) I would want to take the shot more than him.

WARRIORS@GR
11-04-2013, 04:15 PM
If the game was on the line and a 3 was needed i cant think of any other player (ever) I would want to take the shot more than him.
http://media.syracuse.com/orangebasketball_impact/photo/11974016-large.jpg

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 05:10 PM

No I get that but the guy I was quoting was talking about a way for one of curry or Rubio to fall to the Knicks. There was no way that was gonna happen unless they traded up.

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 05:13 PM
In hindsight its easy to forget Johnny Flynn was in the mix to be drafted 5-8. Even if Flynn was the player left for the Knicks, he fit what they were trying to do at the time, and things might have gone differently in his career. Nobody saw Minnesota taking two PGs back to back. I don't wanna get into it because we've done it a million times and i shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Nobody saw the 2 pg's back to back and maybe Finns career does go different. But fair enough we don't need to get into and side track this thread.

b@llhog24
11-04-2013, 05:23 PM

Lol that's gotta hurt. Love and Curry surrounded by defensive players is a championship contender.

tredigs
11-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Do you think he is the greatest descendant of any basketball player? (Dell Curry was the father and Stephen is way better than his father)

Na, Dell Curry was a stud himself. Steph's much better, but this awards gotta go to Kobe. Or maybe K Love.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Na, Dell Curry was a stud himself. Steph's much better, but this awards gotta go to Kobe. Or maybe K Love.

WTF? I didn't know Love's dad played in the pros until I just looked it up.

Goose17
11-04-2013, 05:41 PM
WTF? I didn't know Love's dad played in the pros until I just looked it up.

His dads brother (Kevins uncle) founded the Beach Boys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Love

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 06:02 PM
WTF that's the same Love family? Wowzers. I was clueless lol. So his uncle is the freaking founder of BB, his dad played in the NBA for 4 years and now he's an NBA superstar. Good genes I guess lol.

PraiseJesus
11-04-2013, 07:16 PM
No one is laughing about my Steph Curry predictions now are they?

I stand by it

Curry has a chance to be the MVP, best player in the league, and an all time great

You dont see players like this very often if ever

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 07:37 PM
No one is laughing about my Steph Curry predictions now are they?

I stand by it

Curry has a chance to be the MVP, best player in the league, and an all time great

You dont see players like this very often if ever

I definitely see MVP potential. I wouldn't say best in league while Lebron is here though. All time great, definitely if healthy. From the draft class I see Curry, Harden and Griffin all being locks for the HOF if they stay healthy and keep it up at least 5 more years.

ThaDubs
11-04-2013, 07:53 PM
All this Curry on the Wolves **** is really weird to me. I had a dream the other day that Curry dyed his hair blonde and was traded the Wolves and seeing him in a Wolves jersey was the worst thing ever. And now that you guys are saying all this stuff about Curry being on the Wolves it's tripping me out.

WARRIORS@GR
11-04-2013, 07:54 PM
All this Curry on the Wolves **** is really weird to me. I had a dream the other day that Curry dyed his hair blonde and was traded the Wolves and seeing him in a Wolves jersey was the worst thing ever. And now that you guys are saying all this stuff about Curry being on the Wolves it's tripping me out.I'd do Curry for Rubio+love though:D

Il Mago50
11-04-2013, 07:56 PM
I definitely see MVP potential. I wouldn't say best in league while Lebron is here though. All time great, definitely if healthy. From the draft class I see Curry, Harden and Griffin all being locks for the HOF if they stay healthy and keep it up at least 5 more years.

I can honestly see an MVP even this year depending on how well the Warriors do, he's flashy enough to do it if he stays healthy and puts up the gaudy numbers he's capable of.

Clippersfan86
11-04-2013, 08:05 PM
All this Curry on the Wolves **** is really weird to me. I had a dream the other day that Curry dyed his hair blonde and was traded the Wolves and seeing him in a Wolves jersey was the worst thing ever. And now that you guys are saying all this stuff about Curry being on the Wolves it's tripping me out.

:laugh: :laugh: don't know why but I'm picturing Curry with bleached blonde hair like Eminem/Rodman in a Wolves jersey and can't stop cracking up.

Miltstar
11-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Its really hard to argue AGAINST Curry in this thread. Hes shooting threes at a 45% clip for his career!! Allen's best season was 45%, Millers was 43% and they were both under 40% for their career. Stojakovich only really had 2 great seasons and neither was as impressive as Curry's 12-13 campaign. Percentage wise only Steve Kerr has a better percentage for his career, but he averaged less than 2 attempts per game. Curry averaged almost 8 last year, and that number appears to be on the rise! We've never seen a shooter like him before. its his ability to create off the dribble that really separates him from the competition. Steve Nash is the closest comparison, but he didnt have the shooters mentality that Curry does, his career high for attempts was 4.7 This would be a legitimate question if we were talking about Klay Thompson, and Curry didnt exist! The scary thing is hes still getting better!! Rey Allen didnt really become an elite shooter unitil his 4th season, Curry is just starting his 5th season and if the first week is any indication, it looks like its gonna be one for the record books! It really wont be questionable for long. Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever seen, its only a matter of time until the numbers add up

ThaDubs
11-04-2013, 10:32 PM
:laugh: :laugh: don't know why but I'm picturing Curry with bleached blonde hair like Eminem/Rodman in a Wolves jersey and can't stop cracking up.

Funny you say "hair like Eminem" because everyone kept calling him Slim Shady in my dream :laugh2:. I gotta say though it was a ****** dream. It really felt like Steph was traded and... ugh it was just horrid. His hair looked like Chris Brown's.

Miltstar
11-04-2013, 10:42 PM
I can honestly see an MVP even this year depending on how well the Warriors do, he's flashy enough to do it if he stays healthy and puts up the gaudy numbers he's capable of.

Lets not get crazy here ... fantasy MVP maybe, but hes not complete enough a player yet to be in that conversation

ThaDubs
11-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Lets not get crazy here ... fantasy MVP maybe, but hes not complete enough a player yet to be in that conversation

He scores like a beast, rebounds very well for his position, above average passer, racks up steals. I mean it's not crazy to say he could be the MVP in 2 or 3 years.

lol, please
11-04-2013, 11:11 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2013/11/03/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-chasing-the-title-of-nbas-all-time-greatest-shooter/

With that article, what's your opinion on the subject? Too soon? Justified? If so, where do you put him?

Too soon for what? The article talks about him chasing the title, if you are asking if it's too soon to seriously consider him, then yes. If you are asking if it's too early to discuss it at all, then no. If you are asking if it's too soon for you to bait Dubs fans, then yes, always.

tredigs
11-05-2013, 03:36 AM
He scores like a beast, rebounds very well for his position, above average passer, racks up steals. I mean it's not crazy to say he could be the MVP in 2 or 3 years.

I saw Rose win MVP over Lebron. That essentially rules out any notion that it's unreasonable to think Curry could be the MVP this season. I wouldn't bet on it, but to say he's "not a complete enough player to be MVP" is flat out ignorant of the history of the award.

Hustla23
11-05-2013, 03:54 PM
No. The kinds of shooting performances that he's already put up. I don't think I've seen anything like it.

PraiseJesus
11-05-2013, 04:58 PM

Since Curry's rookie season Ive been on this forum talking about how underrated he is. I said he will be the 2nd best PG in the league behind CP3 and an MVP candidate and I was berated.... I was told that he plays no defense and that Dwill, Westbrook, Drose, and CP3 were at different levels, i showed them this video of Currys triple double as a rookie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGNnHDksvJ8

The truth is. Monta Ellis really held Curry back in his first years in the NBA and he still had good season despite Ellis and his ball hogging 41% shooting. People tried to label Curry as a pure SG like Ray Allen without any passing skills.... I showed everyone this video of Bobby Knight calling Cury the best passer in college basketball history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JyTIQq5H-g

It feels so good to sit here now and say I told you so.

Mods and posters alike call me a troll for my opinions, but yet again, my opinion was 100% correct, as it usually is. Let this be proof of my knowledge.

Curry will be a perennial MVP candidate and the GSW look ready to go on a 5 year contending run

I am always right

jstone0716
11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Here's a cookie

lol, please
11-05-2013, 06:41 PM

Since Curry's rookie season Ive been on this forum talking about how underrated he is. I said he will be the 2nd best PG in the league behind CP3 and an MVP candidate and I was berated.... I was told that he plays no defense and that Dwill, Westbrook, Drose, and CP3 were at different levels, i showed them this video of Currys triple double as a rookie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGNnHDksvJ8

The truth is. Monta Ellis really held Curry back in his first years in the NBA and he still had good season despite Ellis and his ball hogging 41% shooting. People tried to label Curry as a pure SG like Ray Allen without any passing skills.... I showed everyone this video of Bobby Knight calling Cury the best passer in college basketball history. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JyTIQq5H-g

Mods and posters alike call me a troll for my opinions, but yet again, my opinion was 100% correct, as it usually is. Let this be proof of my knowledge.

Curry will be a perennial MVP candidate and the GSW look ready to go on a 5 year contending run

I am always right:clap: :clap:

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:07 PM

The guy has one ridiculous game (which they lost mind you) and now he's an MVP candidate???

i guess thats PSD for you

IMO he's on the same level as Damian Lillard and John Wall and I dont here them in the MVP talk

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I saw Rose win MVP over Lebron. That essentially rules out any notion that it's unreasonable to think Curry could be the MVP this season. I wouldn't bet on it, but to say he's "not a complete enough player to be MVP" is flat out ignorant of the history of the award.

Do you know much about the history of the award. The only player in the history of the award to average less than 5 free throw attempts per game was Steve Nash. And most people would tell you he didn't deserve at least one if not both those awards. He's a great player guys, but dont get your hopes up on an MVP

Guppyfighter
11-07-2013, 09:23 PM
The guy has one ridiculous game (which they lost mind you) and now he's an MVP candidate???

IMO he's on the same level as Damian Lillard and John Wall and I dont here them in the MVP talk

For the one extreme, there is always another. This is that one.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
For the one extreme, there is always another. This is that one.

Damian Lillard - 24pts-5reb-5ast-0.3st-0.3blk-1.8TO-4(3pt)-6.5FTA-45%FG-80%FT

John Wall - 20.3pts-3.5reb-8.8ast-2stl-0.3blk-3.3TO-2(3pt)-4.5FTA-44%FG-77%FT

Steph Curry - 18.6pts-3.8rebs-9.2ast-1.6stl-0.6blk-4.4TO-3.6(3pt)-1.2FTA-50%FG-83%FT

get off the kids jock, I know he's cute and all but i'm pretty sure he's into girls!!

And then there is Chris Paul ...

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 09:39 PM

When someone says that Damian Lillard is on the same level as ****ing Stephen Curry I know they lack enough basketball knowledge to be worth arguing with. So instead I'm just going to to leave and pretend I never read this.

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Steph Curry - 18.6pts-3.8rebs-9.2ast-1.6stl-0.6blk-3.6(3pt)-1.2FTA-50%FG-83%FT

get off the kids jock, I know he's cute and all but i'm pretty sure he's into girls!!

And your sample size is 5 games. Haha.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:48 PM
And your sample size is 5 games. Haha.

Go back to last year ... its more of the same

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Go back to last year ... its more of the same

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=curryst01&y1=2013&p2=walljo01&y2=2013&p3=lillada01&y3=2013

Not really.

26 pts, 4 rbs, 7 ast on 49/48/91 were his post-ASB stats.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:52 PM
When someone says that Damian Lillard is on the same level as ****ing Stephen Curry I know they lack enough basketball knowledge to be worth arguing with. So instead I'm just going to to leave and pretend I never read this.

You have nothing intelligent to say so that is what you come up with...Curry is also 2 years older and been in the league 3 years longer ...

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 09:54 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=curryst01&y1=2013&p2=walljo01&y2=2013&p3=lillada01&y3=2013

Not really.

26 pts, 4 rbs, 7 ast on 49/48/91 were his post-ASB stats.

it was Lillard's rookie year lol

I like how you left out Currys rookie season to make him look better

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Curry got injured yesterday and subsequently scored only 5 points. Since you are using a 5 game sample size to determine who the best player is, his 5 point game brought down his PPG. Before yesterday he was averaging 22 PPG.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Curry got injured yesterday and subsequently scored only 5 points. Since you are using a 5 game sample size to determine who the best player is, his 5 point game brought down his PPG. Before yesterday he was averaging 22 PPG.

He still played 24 minutes

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:02 PM
You have nothing intelligent to say so that is what you come up with...Curry is also 2 years older and been in the league 3 years longer ...

When was age part of the argument? Curry could be 64 and Damian and John could be 7 for all I care. Age was never part of this argument. All of your arguments so far have either been inane or support the opposition. Just stop trying.

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:05 PM
He still played 24 minutes

Half of that he was playing with a tweaked right knee, tweaked right ankle, and bruised left foot bone. We are 5 games into the season. Talk to me 1/4 into the season. I guarantee the guy will be averaging 24 and 10 and will be in the MVP race.

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
it was Lillard's rookie year lol

I like how you left out Currys rookie season to make him look better

Once again, who the hell cares??? Age was never part of the argument. People who don't know what the **** they're talking about (you) bring up age, which is totally irrelevant when talking about who the best player is.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:07 PM
When was age part of the argument? Curry could be 64 and Damian and John could be 7 for all I care. Age was never part of this argument. All of your arguments so far have either been inane or support the opposition. Just stop trying.

Just face the fact he's not MVP material and be done with it... you want to compare him to some real MVP candidates Paul, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard, George, Anthony Davis?

I like the guy, but someone needed to take him down a few pegs and i decided to be that guy

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM
Once again, who the hell cares??? Age was never part of the argument. People who don't know what the **** they're talking about (you) bring up age, which is totally irrelevant when talking about who the best player is.

He's closer to john wall and damian lillard than he is lebron james or kevin durant lets just end it at that

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM

Steph Curry - 18.6pts-3.8rebs-9.2ast-1.6stl-0.6blk-4.4TO-3.6(3pt)-1.2FTA-50%FG-83%FT

And then there is Chris Paul ...

I found this funny... you were obviously trying to call us gay by telling us he's into girls and to get off his jock, but you yourself called him "cute and all" :laugh2:

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I found this funny... you were obviously trying to call us gay by telling us he's into girls and to get off his jock, but you yourself called him "cute and all" :laugh2:

I wasnt callin anyone gay, i was tellin you to get out of his kitchen and let him breathe a little... kids got a nice smile im ok with my sexuality

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Just face the fact he's not MVP material and be done with it... you want to compare him to some real MVP candidates Paul, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard, George, Anthony Davis?

I like the guy, but someone needed to take him down a few pegs and i decided to be that guy

:facepalm:

You look like a ****ing dork. This is a beautiful example of why you should never be the idiot who using a 5 game sample size to determine something.

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:15 PM
I guarantee Stephen Curry will be averaging over 23 pts, 4 rbs, and 9.5 ast by the end of December. You can start a PM with me and then when December is over I'm going to message you saying something along the lines of "I TOLD YOU YA DUMBASS MOTHER****AAAAA"

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:21 PM
:facepalm:

You look like a ****ing dork. This is a beautiful example of why you should never be the idiot who using a 5 game sample size to determine something.

whos talking about sample size?' make a legitimit argument as to how Curry is better than anyone of those guys (dont forget about defense) then get back to me...

Paul, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard, George, Anthony Davis

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:23 PM
I guarantee Stephen Curry will be averaging over 23 pts, 4 rbs, and 9.5 ast by the end of December.

and Lebron will be averaging 28-8-7 lol

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:24 PM
youre tryin real hard but youre failing epicly

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:30 PM
whos talking about sample size?' make a legitimit argument as to how Curry is better than anyone of those guys (dont forget about defense) then get back to me...

Paul, Lebron, Durant, Love, Howard, George, Anthony Davis

Who's talking about sample size??? Sample size is everything!!! God your stupidity is painful. It's like I'm arguing with a damn 2 year old.

Based off of last year, because a 5 game sample size is FAR too small (and you look like an uneducated ignoramus by going back to it every time):

LeBron is LeBron- nobody but KD and CP3 could have any chance of having a case over him
CP3- Steph is not better but he's a better rebounder and shooter.
Durant- Steph is not better but he's a better shooter, playmaker, and passing lane thief.
Love- Steph is not better but he's a better shooter, athlete, and playmaker.
Howard- Steph is a better leader, scorer, shooter, playmaker, perimeter defender, and player.
George- Steph is a better shooter, playmaker, and player.
Anthony Davis- this is exactly why you should never use a 5 game sample size. Anthony Davis is in no way good enough to sustain 20+, 10+, 3 steals, 4 blocks per game. Steph is a better leader, play maker, clutch player, shooter, athlete, scorer, etc.

You know your sample size is too small when you're putting Anthony Davis in the MVP candidate list. Just stop arguing with me. I'm right. You're wrong. Maybe when Steph is averaging a double double and drops a double nickel on your favorite teams face you'll see.

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:31 PM
youre tryin real hard but youre failing epicly

I'm failing epically? You can't even ****ing spell. Your knowledge of the game is embarrassing, your arguments are meaningless and weak, and you are using a 5 game sample size to determine who the best player in the league is lmao.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Have you watched him play. He is insanely talented... get a clue youre just a curry fan boi

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:34 PM
You know your sample size is too small when you're putting Anthony Davis in the MVP candidate list.

Have you watched him play. He is insanely talented... get a clue youre just a curry fan boi

I'm not a Curry fan "boi". I am a season ticket holder and a lifelong lover of the game, arguing with a dunce who doesn't know **** about basketball.

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:35 PM
I'm failing epically? You can't even ****ing spell. Your knowledge of the game is embarrassing, your arguments are meaningless and weak, and you are using a 5 game sample size to determine who the best player in the league is lmao.

Im typing on my surface and it doesnt let me use apostrophies unless i use touch screen... im not basing my opinion off of sample size, im basing it off of talent... MVP award has been dominated by big men and wing players youre the dumbass who cant say anything but ooooo ooo i love steph curry!!:cheers:

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Im typing on my surface and it doesnt let me use apostrophies unless i use touch screen... im not basing my opinion off of sample size, im basing it off of talent... MVP award has been dominated by big men and wing players youre the dumbass who cant say anything but ooooo ooo i love steph curry!!:cheers:

Not once in this thread has my argument been "ooooo ooo i love steph curry!!!". And yes, you are basing it off of your 5 game sample size considering the FIRST thing you brought up in this argument was 13-14 numbers.

SugeKnight
11-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Ha

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Ha

^ this is by far a more meaning argument that anything Miltstar has posted thus far

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm not a Curry fan "boi". I am a season ticket holder and a lifelong lover of the game, arguing with a dunce who doesn't know **** about basketball.

Do you ask him for a hand job after every game?

Miltstar
11-07-2013, 10:43 PM
^ this is by far a more meaning argument that anything Miltstar has posted thus far

hahaha youre sooo insecure

ThaDubs
11-07-2013, 10:45 PM
hahaha youre sooo insecure

Insecure... do you even understand the definition of that word lol?

do you ask him for a hand job after every game?

Lol. How creative. Write that one down, maybe show it to your buddies later.

PowerHouse
11-07-2013, 10:53 PM
It is pretty soon. I dont put him in the category of Ray Allen, Reggie Miller or Steve Nash yet. I dont even put him ahead of Jerry West yet. Jerry West is probably the most under-rated shooter of all time mainly because no 3pt shot existed so he couldnt show off the long-range capabilities, but he had them.

Jerry played in the fast-paced, high volume shooting, fewer fouls called era where guards never shot for a high percentage, but Jerry always did because he was that good.

WARRIORS@GR
11-08-2013, 02:24 AM
That guy Miltstar sounds do dumb:laugh::laugh::laugh:Anthony Davis is an MVP candidate and Curry is not:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LeperMessiah
11-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Only his glass ankles can stop him.

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 10:27 AM
That guy Miltstar sounds do dumb:laugh::laugh::laugh:Anthony Davis is an MVP candidate and Curry is not:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hahaha another homer :rolleyes: Anthony Davis is an absolute beast ... and he's gonna get better and better and better ... you guys are seriously underating him, he's right up there with Lebron and KD when it comes to talent. You are judging him from his numbers in his rookie year! He's probably the most improved player but I understand it will take awhile for the casual fan to realize what I already know. In the mean time they will tell me im soooooo stupid OMG but add nothing intelligent whatsoever much like my friend here :p

True Sports Fan
11-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Damn... If Anthony Davis is MVP candidate, then so should Isaiah Thomas with his 21/5/3 off the bench ;) 49/46/87

(Obviously a joke btw)

Back on topic Curry is a ****ing beast, and as long as he keeps it up and stays healthy... He'll snag a MVP award or twol.

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Damn... If Anthony Davis is MVP candidate, then so should Isaiah Thomas with his 21/5/3 off the bench ;) 49/46/87

(Obviously a joke btw)

Back on topic Curry is a ****ing beast, and as long as he keeps it up and stays healthy... He'll snag a MVP award or twol.

:confused: ... kids these days...

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:19 PM
You are using a 5 game sample size to determine who will be the MVP of the 82 game long season. This is why I hate arguing on the internet. Sometimes you come across the dumbest people who refuse to change there opinions. I can't believe I'm wasting my time with a dunce.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:21 PM
hahaha another homer :rolleyes: Anthony Davis is an absolute beast ... and he's gonna get better and better and better ... you guys are seriously underating him, he's right up there with Lebron and KD when it comes to talent. You are judging him from his numbers in his rookie year! He's probably the most improved player but I understand it will take awhile for the casual fan to realize what I already know. In the mean time they will tell me im soooooo stupid OMG but add nothing intelligent whatsoever much like my friend here :p

Oh lord. I was 99% sure you were ******** before I read this. Now there's no way you're not.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:23 PM
If you're going to use a 5 game sample size to determine who is better than who, I guess Klay Thompson is now better than Steph Curry. HAND OVER THE TORCH BRO. ISAIAH THOMAS ALLSTAR HOFER. ANTHONY DAVIS GOAT BIGMAN. THE SEASON IS 5 GAMES LONG.

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 12:33 PM
MAYBE IF I WRITE IN CAPS YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND. MY OPINION IS NOT BASED ON A 5 GAME SAMPLE SIZE ITS BASED ON TALENT. Some of us are smart enough to know whats likely to happen before it happens, others rely on old stats and never understand why they are always wrong!

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Oh lord. I was 99% sure you were ******** before I read this. Now there's no way you're not.

your insecurities are shining brightly my friend

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:38 PM
MAYBE IF I WRITE IN CAPS YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND. MY OPINION IS NOT BASED ON A 5 GAME SAMPLE SIZE ITS BASED ON TALENT. Some of us are smart enough to know whats likely to happen before it happens, others rely on old stats and never understand why they are always wrong!

If your opinion is not based on a 5 game sample size of the 2013-2014 season, why did you bring up 2013-2014 stats- which is based off of a 5 game sample size- earlier in this argument? I have brought up multiple advanced stats and valid viewpoints. The best argument you've made has been telling me that I ask him for post-game hand jobs. ****ing tool.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 12:38 PM
your insecurities are shining brightly my friend

Do you not know what insecurity is?

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Do you not know what insecurity is?

You try to insult my intelligence in order to feel better about yourself. Its the #1 sign of being insecure. Im not telling you you are ********, im simply saying your opinion is misguided. Hell I remember when I thought Vince Carter was an MVP candidate because I had homer goggles on.

Its ok to love the kid, he is a great player ... im just trying to get you back to reality where he has perennial all-star upside, but not MVP talent.

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
I also love how Davis was the LAST player on that list, but the only one you are talking about

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
You try to insult my intelligence in order to feel better about yourself. Its the #1 sign of being insecure. Im not telling you you are ********, im simply saying your opinion is misguided. Hell I remember when I thought Vince Carter was an MVP candidate because I had homer goggles on.

Its ok to love the kid, he is a great player ... im just trying to get you back to reality where he has perennial all-star upside, but not MVP talent.

I'm not calling you stupid to make myself feel better or superior, it's just that your arguments are terrible and I genuinely think you lack adequate intelligence when it comes to basketball. You are stupid enough to call me insecure when you're the one asking me if I ask Curry for post game hand jobs.

Hell, you said Damian Lillard is as good as ****ing Steph Curry and that Anthony Davis is around as talented as KD or LeBron.

ThaDubs
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I also love how Davis was the LAST player on that list, but the only one you are talking about

Yes, because I can't believe the nonsensical jumble of ******** that you've surrounded his name in.

PraiseJesus
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Curry is the 2nd best PG in the NBA and maybe the best shooter ever

He is not far behind CP3. If Curry gets a ring before CP3 i will say Curry is better

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 01:31 PM
and you have said nothing to prove me wrong

Steph Curry rookie year - 17.5-4.5-6
Lillard rookie year - 19-3-6.5
Wall rookie year - 16.4-4.6-8.3

(pretty comparible from where im looking!!)

as far as value to a franchise i would compare davis to KD and Lebron, but as a player he's a lot more like a young Kevin Garnett

PraiseJesus
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
and you have said nothing to prove me wrong

Steph Curry rookie year - 17.5-4.5-6
Lillard rookie year - 19-3-6.5
Wall rookie year - 16.4-4.6-8.3

(pretty comparible from where im looking!!)

as far as value to a franchise i would compare davis to KD and Lebron, but as a player he's a lot more like a young Kevin Garnett

Curry was playing with Monta Ellis as a rookie

Ellis would not let Curry get the shots and asts

Trust me homie. Curry is better than Lilard

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
double post

Miltstar
11-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Curry was playing with Monta Ellis as a rookie

Ellis would not let Curry get the shots and asts

Trust me homie. Curry is better than Lilard

I agree, but Lillard and Wall haven't had as much time to develop. Right now Curry is better, but going forward who knows... If Wall can get his 3 point shot down, he will be the best of the three.

lol, please
11-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Curry > Miltstar.

/thread