PDA

View Full Version : So Warrior fans, are you worried about my Sixers ?

A_Bynum_sucks
11-03-2013, 06:05 PM
...Okay, no doubt your team is more talented, and a way better offensive team...in fact the lead leading Offensive scoring team. But, what I'm sure was a Guaranteed win by your Warriors say a week ago..before the season started. So, has anything changed ? Are you guys worried a LITTLE about us ? Just wondering what your thoughts were. Best of luck this season....except for Monday night ( LOL )

Peace.

SugeKnight
11-03-2013, 06:08 PM
I'd be shocked if we lost

MackShock
11-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I'll leave this up...please dont turn it into a troll/bait thread.

A_Bynum_sucks
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM

Why would you think that ? I was just asking as fans, are you worried about a team that a week ago, no one thought would win even 16 games for the season, but now is 3-0. Thats all.

likemystylez
11-03-2013, 07:02 PM
wait- arent the sixers trying to get wiggins?

Goose17
11-03-2013, 07:28 PM
MCWs ability to rip the ball from people combined with Currys turnovers in the last two games are my only small worry.

Other than that, this should be a fairly straightforward game.

MackShock
11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Why would you think that ? I was just asking as fans, are you worried about a team that a week ago, no one thought would win even 16 games for the season, but now is 3-0. Thats all.

Most people who start a thread in an opposing team's forum don't have good intentions.

bgdreton
11-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Not worried as long as we play hard

Scoots
11-03-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not worried, but the young talent that was obvious on the Sixers have come on a lot faster than expected certainly, and I'm happy for their fans.

TrueFan420
11-03-2013, 08:25 PM

Most people who start a thread in an opposing team's forum don't have good intentions.

What he said and your username plus there was just the thread in the main forum about how you trolled everyone ... The quote went as followed...

"It's about Increasing our odds at Okafor in 2015. A kid who at 15 is bigger and stronger then Shaq was at 25. A player who at 15 is already MILES ahead talent wise then Olajuwan was at 28. And a player who I GUARANTEE you at 18 will be a 32 Pt, 25 Rebound and 11 Block a game player in the NBA!"

Having said that and now addressing your question... No I'm not worried. Your better than I expected but unlike the heat we can't afford to coast through the regular season and the bulls are not the bulls of old till rose is playing MVP status again and it will take time for him to reintegrate. We on the other hand have far more urgency in a hyper competitive west and still a young team that wants to prove we were not just a fluke last year.

Leandres_sf
11-03-2013, 08:38 PM
It'll be fun to get a look at Michael Carter-Williams, but the Warriors are a much better team and should win.

Guppyfighter
11-03-2013, 09:03 PM
I am not really worried at all. I am actually glad they won those three games. Banking on regression for our game.

lol, please
11-03-2013, 09:12 PM
...Okay, no doubt your team is more talented, and a way better offensive team...in fact the lead leading Offensive scoring team. But, what I'm sure was a Guaranteed win by your Warriors say a week ago..before the season started. So, has anything changed ? Are you guys worried a LITTLE about us ? Just wondering what your thoughts were. Best of luck this season....except for Monday night ( LOL )

Peace.

No, not really. But they won't be overlooking any team. May the best team win!

likemystylez
11-03-2013, 11:18 PM
No, not really. But they won't be overlooking any team. May the best team win!

I think he was hoping the 76ers would win though....

Chromehounds
11-03-2013, 11:51 PM

Peace.

Worried?? No! Prepared, the W's will be.

Yoda!

Scoots
11-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Might as well merge this with the game thread.

MackShock
11-04-2013, 02:02 AM
Can't. If I do, his first post will override the GT OP since it was created first.

asandhu23
11-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Not worried at all.

2-ONE-5
11-04-2013, 12:35 PM

he is a horrible troll and loves making stuff up (see my sig). you should close this.

TrueFan420
11-04-2013, 02:16 PM
he is a horrible troll and loves making stuff up (see my sig). you should close this.

He is but he hasn't trolled in here yet so no need to shut it down.

2-ONE-5
11-04-2013, 02:46 PM
if we win, he will. still was no need for him to come in here and make a thread.

MackShock
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM

He is but he hasn't trolled in here yet so no need to shut it down.

Exactly. Maybe his true intention was to troll but DUBS forum got more class than high schoolers.

2-ONE-5
11-04-2013, 04:45 PM
props for that. seems you guys realy do unlike most other teams around here

MackShock
11-04-2013, 04:55 PM
props for that. seems you guys realy do unlike most other teams around here

Thanks. Nuggets fans on here are classy too. I was in their forum all of last playoffs and they were super chill.

But we also have our bad apples. The Dubs have sucked for like two decades so I guess most of us are humbled by that haha.

tredigs
11-04-2013, 06:30 PM
If they were playing in Oracle I'd bet on a 15 point Warriors win, being that it's in Philly and their crowd will be amped, I'll take the Warriors with a 5-10 point win. These big 2nd half comebacks they've had are fun to watch, but aren't sustainable. It only makes their loss more likely in my mind being that they've been put on watch.

Really looking forward to the game though. Which I wouldn't have said 2 weeks ago, and clearly they've shown they can surprise people.

2-ONE-5
11-04-2013, 06:54 PM
it wont be packed at the Wells Fargo Center but I can assure you it will be loud as long as the game is relatively close. I was at the first 2 home games and they had playoff feels lol its been great.

ESaady
11-04-2013, 06:57 PM
I want to see Iggy and Klay play some shutdown d on MCW.

MCW looks like a stud though!

SugeKnight
11-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Well this is embarrassing...

SugeKnight
11-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Dp

MackShock
11-04-2013, 09:55 PM

MCWho??????

likemystylez
11-04-2013, 10:47 PM

ehhh studs take care of teams with worse records than them when they are at home..... that guy doesnt even belong in the first round of the draft... all his numbers come when his team is down 30 and hes playing against our d league level players.

Guppyfighter
11-04-2013, 10:57 PM
ehhh studs take care of teams with worse records than them when they are at home..... that guy doesnt even belong in the first round of the draft... all his numbers come when his team is down 30 and hes playing against our d league level players.

What the hell are you going on about.

COOLbeans
11-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Likemystylez consistently disparaging the d league when he probably didn't even play college ball

COOLbeans
11-04-2013, 10:58 PM
What the hell are you going on about.

The guy doesn't even know anymore

Guppyfighter
11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
29 of 30 teams have players on their rosters from the D-League.

It's pretty important and will only continue to play a role in the league as it grows.

ESaady
11-04-2013, 10:59 PM
Lolwut

Scoots
11-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Which team doesn't have anybody with any D-league time on their roster?

Guppyfighter
11-05-2013, 04:19 AM
Don't know, the article doesn't actually mention it.

http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/230482/29_NBA_Teams_Have_Players_On_Opening_Day_Rosters_W ith_D_League_Experience

likemystylez
11-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Likemystylez consistently disparaging the d league when he probably didn't even play college ball

Nothing wrong with d league players. I was just pointing out that the competition in the d league is at a lower level than the competition in the NBA. If a player is going to be labeled as a stud- he has to be able to do it against NBA players and not just the end of the bench guys.

And yes- I associate d league players with losing nba games. When the warriors were trying to tank- they were playing 3 or 4 d league players 30 minutes a night. Where are guys like dominique mcguire, mikell gladess and chris wright now?

likemystylez
11-05-2013, 10:34 AM
29 of 30 teams have players on their rosters from the D-League.

It's pretty important and will only continue to play a role in the league as it grows.

they are good players to round out a bench but if a stud is out there competing with d league players... maybe he isnt a stud?

Scoots
11-05-2013, 12:00 PM
I hope the Sixers were leaving MCW out there for experience, not just for him to get his numbers.

2-ONE-5
11-05-2013, 12:21 PM

you cant be serious?

2-ONE-5
11-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I hope the Sixers were leaving MCW out there for experience, not just for him to get his numbers.

it was for the experience otherwise Turner would have joined him to pad stats in the 4th. He made a bunch of unforced turnovers and really started to press in the 3rd after that quick run you guys made to burry us. The whole team was demoralized you could tell they knew there was no comeback this time but they snapped out of it played hard teh rest of the way.

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Since we sent our Golden State warriors team and not our Santa cruz warriors team- theres no need to worry:crying:

ESaady
11-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I mean MCW still played big minutes against the Bulls and Heat who are both supposed to be solid defensively so I'm confused.

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 03:47 PM
small sample size....

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Im sure guppy could elaborate on why its a small sample size and we shouldnt get too high on mkw just yet. let him out together atleast 3 solid years (as damon bruce would say) before we try to make any guess on what type of player he will become.

Scoots
11-06-2013, 05:10 PM
MCW has a ton of potential and limited experience. He's not a lock to be a star, but like Barnes, the potential is absolutely there.

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
MCW has a ton of potential and limited experience. He's not a lock to be a star, but like Barnes, the potential is absolutely there.

if carter blows up in the second round of the playoffs- then we can start comparing him to barnes

likemystylez
11-06-2013, 05:22 PM
my guess is that he might not even get to the first round.... IN THE EAST

Guppyfighter
11-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Im sure guppy could elaborate on why its a small sample size and we shouldnt get too high on mkw just yet. let him out together atleast 3 solid years (as damon bruce would say) before we try to make any guess on what type of player he will become.

Yeah. I agree. I don't judge new players until about one season in.

Scoots
11-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Stylez, I compare MCW's game to Barnes' game, merely that they both had a lot of untapped potential as rookies. There were flashes and down times for Barnes but his game evolved over his rookie year ... I expect the same to happen with MCW. MCW however will not have the chance to show what Barnes did because the team around him is so bad ... likewise MCW gets to pad his stats like Barnes didn't because the team around him is so bad.

Styles, do you honestly not think MCW can be a good NBA player? Wouldn't you rather have him than any of the Warriors backup Gs?

ESaady
11-07-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm glad we're getting technical about this. He's looked good so far. I didn't know "he looks like a stud though" was quantifiable. Obviously he isn't a star nor should he be deemed a great player by any means, I'm just saying in those two games he looked like a stud.

MackShock
11-07-2013, 01:26 AM
So...I think Goose got banned for calling Stylez out and telling him to "stop being stupid" in reference to the above post being deleted.

In all honesty, it's nothing out of the ordinary for Goose, who is respectful and classy at all times, even when frustration sets in from other posters. In my opinion, if that's what he got banned for, it is totally unjust. Goose said nothing that was insulting IMO. There have been much worse things said on here.

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Wy would a mod come in here and ban him over that? They don't even know the relationships of posters in individual forums.

ESaady
11-07-2013, 03:02 AM
They probably came in and though Goose was Richie Incognito :(

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 04:52 AM
Lol

Guppyfighter
11-07-2013, 05:09 AM
#FreeGoose

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Does village of the banned exist anymore? Couldn't find the thread..

Guppyfighter
11-07-2013, 05:47 AM
They hid it from the nonadmins.

COOLbeans
11-07-2013, 06:06 AM
Now that's lame

Guppyfighter
11-07-2013, 06:14 AM
The new walking dead game season comes out on the 29th. I am very excited. Love that game.

MackShock
11-07-2013, 07:02 AM
Wy would a mod come in here and ban him over that? They don't even know the relationships of posters in individual forums.

someone probably reported it, idk

Scoots
11-07-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't think any of us would report others ... except I think Guppy reported me once :)

Goose did use a word many find offensive, and I believe that post was deleted.

likemystylez
11-07-2013, 01:25 PM
it had to be more than insulting one of my opinions... lol he does that all the time. Also- I made like 3 sort of racist jokes (but not that offensive) in the main forum and I just got a warning..... its a lot more strict there and all I got was a warning.... so Goose had to do something bigger. I dont think anybody would report him here.... so either a mod saw something here or he did something on another board.

Spanklin
11-07-2013, 02:38 PM

I made this call on the Sixers not being that terrible a month ago. Why are you own fans so far behind the curve on you're own players? I remember just two weeks ago you were saying Evan Turner would not average 15 points per game with this squad and would shoot 35% overall.

TrueFan420
11-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Since we sent our Golden State warriors team and not our Santa cruz warriors team- theres no need to worry:crying:

Hahahaha

MackShock
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
i know i stray off topic.........but.......this thread has served its purpose, especially since it seemed like a troll thread..but if we dont talk bout 76ers or at least ManCrushWednesday...well have to close this

Goose17
11-16-2013, 09:39 AM
it had to be more than insulting one of my opinions... lol he does that all the time. Also- I made like 3 sort of racist jokes (but not that offensive) in the main forum and I just got a warning..... its a lot more strict there and all I got was a warning.... so Goose had to do something bigger. I dont think anybody would report him here.... so either a mod saw something here or he did something on another board.

I called you a name which I won't repeat in case someone decides it's offensive again and bans me permanently. But it's an acronym for My Ostrich Runs On Nothing.

In all honesty;

1. I didn't think it was that offensive, I've said much worse and not been banned for it. I guess either someone reported me or I caught someone on a bad day.

2. I think I was right.

Either way no offense intended Stylez, you know I love you as much as I hate you.

likemystylez
11-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I called you a name which I won't repeat in case someone decides it's offensive again and bans me permanently. But it's an acronym for My Ostrich Runs On Nothing.

In all honesty;

1. I didn't think it was that offensive, I've said much worse and not been banned for it. I guess either someone reported me or I caught someone on a bad day.

2. I think I was right.

Either way no offense intended Stylez, you know I love you as much as I hate you.

WOW- I thought it might have been when you said a slang word for a female body part.

Either way- WWL has said FARRRRRR worse than that and nobody has reported him.

I wonder who on here is looking out for me though? Or if certain mod was just in the forum.

COOLbeans
11-16-2013, 05:02 PM
I think someone reported it

MackShock
11-16-2013, 05:42 PM
Goose said nothing bad at all IMO.

likemystylez
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Goose said nothing bad at all IMO.

well.... compared to what many others in here have said... no nothing bad. Im amazed anybody would report that and im more amazed that it didnt result in an infraction or something

Scoots
11-16-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow ... maybe my warning didn't have anything to do with Guppy complaining, just someone coming along and flexing their muscles like with this case.

Strange.

MackShock
11-16-2013, 08:08 PM
zero tolerance

Scoots
11-17-2013, 12:37 AM
Zero tolerance and zero explanation