PDA

View Full Version : westbrook returns tonight

Goose17
11-03-2013, 03:42 PM
^

"@DarnellMayberry: R. Westbrook has passed all medical/physical benchmarks in rehab. Russ, his reps, physicians & medical team agree. He will play tonight."

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Haha wow. Like 4.5 weeks before he was scheduled. Well that means teams didn't have much of a chance to get ahead of OKC, so the west is now even more competitive. That being said.. even with Westbrook this is the least talented team OKC has had in KD's career and the lack of depth is worrisome. At least they won't look like a lotto team anymore though.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Just in time for Eric Bledsoe to destroy him.

5ass
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Westbrook is an animal. Did you know he never had a major injury before this? Not even in highschool and college. He played in ALL games. Considering he does this often:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xNIhMSvcNo

Its crazy. That being said i dont expect him to play more than 15 min today.

mdm692
11-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Lol @ OKC rushing him. They scated Phoenix might pull a 76ers and send them to a 1-2 start :laugh:.

Goose17
11-03-2013, 04:40 PM
Just in time for Eric Bledsoe to destroy him.

lol I can definitely picture that, especially with him coming off an injury.

But I hope it doesn't, because one of my fantasy teams is about to get a boost :D

poleandreel
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Lol @ OKC rushing him. They scated Phoenix might pull a 76ers and send them to a 1-2 start :laugh:.

LOL you do realize that OKC trolled the whole NBA, right? They immediately ruled him out for the remainder of the playoffs for an injury that an average player can return from in 2.5 weeks. Westbrook, being a freak athlete, could have rehabbed and been back in the same time frame...but OKC played it safe. They took the complete opposite road as the lakers and bulls who played games with time tables for Rose and Kobe's return.

OKC also ruled him out for 6-8 weeks for an injury that takes MAX 4 weeks to come back from. It was also for a loose stitch...not a re-aggravation of the previous injury. IMO, this is how you should handle a star players injury. The didnt lead anyone on and they are definitely not rushing him back.

Westy received no scrutiny like Rose did and will be 100% fine. OKC will win the west again.

seikou8
11-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Haha wow. Like 4.5 weeks before he was scheduled. Well that means teams didn't have much of a chance to get ahead of OKC, so the west is now even more competitive. That being said.. even with Westbrook this is the least talented team OKC has had in KD's career and the lack of depth is worrisome. At least they won't look like a lotto team anymore though.

no did you see durant first 2 roster in his two first two years and they can a be top 4 seed and contend in the west just depends on westbrook health

amos1er
11-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Good for the Thunder... They need him badly. Wonder what kind of year he is going to have?

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 06:22 PM
no did you see durant first 2 roster in his two first two years and they can a be top 4 seed and contend in the west just depends on westbrook health

True.. can't forget before Westbrook was drafted. Either way though very shaky team.

poleandreel
11-03-2013, 06:29 PM
True.. can't forget before Westbrook was drafted. Either way though very shaky team.

hmm...Perrenial MVP candidate in Durant, Top 5 player in Westbrook, top blocking PF + arguably best complimentary piece in NBA in Ibaka, top 5 wing defender + 40% 3pt shooter in sefalosha, probably 6th man of the year candidate in Reggie Jackson. Not to mention Lamb who has tons of potential and if you watched the first 2 games he has actually looked good but doesn't get touches. Then Adams who has looked very promising. Shaky indeed.....

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 06:32 PM
hmm...Perrenial MVP candidate in Durant, Top 5 player in Westbrook, top blocking PF + arguably best complimentary piece in NBA in Ibaka, top 5 wing defender + 40% 3pt shooter in sefalosha, probably 6th man of the year candidate in Reggie Jackson. Not to mention Lamb who has tons of potential and if you watched the first 2 games he has actually looked good but doesn't get touches. Then Adams who has looked very promising. Shaky indeed.....

Question. If they have all of that why without Westbrook did they barely pull off a W vs the lotto bound Jazz... then get demolished by the Wolves (down 34 in 4th quarter).

poleandreel
11-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Question. If they have all of that why without Westbrook did they barely pull off a W vs the lotto bound Jazz... then get demolished by the Wolves (down 34 in 4th quarter).

You're actually going to use 2 games to start the season as your proof? Are you serious? Why did the clippers lose to the Lakers? Why did Miami lose 2x already? Why is Memphis 1-2? Why did OKC start 1-2 last year with a loss to Atlanta and still end up winning 60 games?

Okc was the #2 defensive team last year and we got rid of one of the worst defensive players in the NBA. We were also the #1 offensive team and only lost 14ppg. I think Jackson can more than handle his new role...

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 06:39 PM
You're actually going to use 2 games to start the season as your proof? Are you serious? Why did the clippers lose to the Lakers? Why did Miami lose 2x already? Why is Memphis 1-2? Why did OKC start 1-2 last year with a loss to Atlanta and still end up winning 60 games?

Okc was the #2 defensive team last year and we got rid of one of the worst defensive players in the NBA. We were also the #1 offensive team and only lost 14ppg. I think Jackson can more than handle his new role...

We can also use the fact that in the playoff once Westbrook went down they looked barely worthy to be in the playoffs and got creamed by the Grizzlies. Bottom line is OKC is very thin. Sefalosha is clearly declining, Perkins is the worst starter in the NBA, Ibaka isn't a consistent 3rd option. The SG starting spot is almost as bad as the C one, depth is extremely limited. The assets you've acquired like PJ, Lamb and Jackson look average at best, really bad in Lamb's case.

poleandreel
11-03-2013, 06:46 PM
We can also use the fact that in the playoff once Westbrook went down they looked barely worthy to be in the playoffs and got creamed by the Grizzlies. Bottom line is OKC is very thin. Sefalosha is clearly declining, Perkins is the worst starter in the NBA, Ibaka isn't a consistent 3rd option. The SG starting spot is almost as bad as the C one, depth is extremely limited. The assets you've acquired like PJ, Lamb and Jackson look average at best, really bad in Lamb's case.

Your knowledge of basketball is horrid. So losing to a top team/top 3 defensive team like the grizzlies by 4, 6, 6, in OT by 6 with no consistent 2nd option is getting creamed? That's news to me. Lamb has looked good but for someone who has no idea what theyre talking about, I would expect that response. He finally got touches and put up 16 points...that is AWFUL.

Ad sefalosha declining is hilarious considering he has imporved every year and will most likely leave this offseason on a more lucrative deal since he is vastly underpaid.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Losing a series 4-1 is getting creamed and a point differential of 6 is definitely good. Seflalosha has lost a stop on defense yes. Still a great defender but far less consistent nowadays and you're admitting he's going to bail, making OKC even weaker. Lamb was ATROCIOUS the games I watched this preseason and although he's doing better now... for a guy brought in to help replace Harden his production is pretty damn average at best. The point is the team has more holes than any other contender. Unless Presti gets it together, this team won't be a HCA team by next year.

WVNowitzki
11-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Your knowledge of basketball is horrid.

Says the guy who said Westbrook is a top 5 player. Also, please don't regurgitate any ESPN drivel to me, it means nothing.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Your knowledge of basketball is horrid. So losing to a top team/top 3 defensive team like the grizzlies by 4, 6, 6, in OT by 6 with no consistent 2nd option is getting creamed? That's news to me. Lamb has looked good but for someone who has no idea what theyre talking about, I would expect that response. He finally got touches and put up 16 points...that is AWFUL.

Ad sefalosha declining is hilarious considering he has imporved every year and will most likely leave this offseason on a more lucrative deal since he is vastly underpaid.

Yeah, Clipperfan is a god awful poster, don't pay to much attention to his post.

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Says the guy who said Westbrook is a top 5 player. Also, please don't regurgitate any ESPN drivel to me, it means nothing.

A healthy Westbrook is top 7 at worst, so he's not far off.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 07:18 PM
Yeah, Clipperfan is a god awful poster, don't pay to much attention to his post.

Please be polite sir. I've tried to make peace with you on multiple occasions and don't want to have to be forced to report you to mods.

ThaDubs
11-03-2013, 07:23 PM

This is what everybody tells me about you, lol

Goose17
LOL did somebody say Jackson is a 6th man of the year candidate? :laugh:

WVNowitzki
Uhh..did you seriously just post a dead human being in a public forum??

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Uhh..did you seriously just post a dead human being in a public forum??

Dude Clip, you have mental problems!

ILLUSIONIST^248
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM
This is what everybody tells me about you, lol

Love the sig.

ThaDubs
11-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Love the sig.

Thanks?

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 08:09 PM
People are tense lately. It's a shame that we can't all be the family that PSD was intended for us to be.

Hawkeye15
11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
relax people. No more baiting please.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 08:32 PM
relax people. No more baiting please.

Will do kind sir. Although in here I was just trying to tell people that OKC is getting thinner and thinner every year lately. Do you agree? Or do you think

"Perrenial MVP candidate in Durant, Top 5 player in Westbrook, top blocking PF + arguably best complimentary piece in NBA in Ibaka, top 5 wing defender + 40% 3pt shooter in sefalosha, probably 6th man of the year candidate in Reggie Jackson. Not to mention Lamb who has tons of potential"

east fb knicks
11-03-2013, 11:37 PM
i'd still take okc over the clips atleast they havea legitimate 2nd scoring option :D

kingsdelez24
11-04-2013, 01:18 AM
i'd still take okc over the clips atleast they havea legitimate 2nd scoring option :d

trolllllll

in the forum