PDA

View Full Version : Line of the night: Nov. 2

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Anthony Daivs: 25 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 steals, 6 blocks
Michael Carter-Williams: 26 points, 10 assists, 4 rebounds, 3 steals
Klay Thompson: 27 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal
Nicholas Batum: 11 points, 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 block

I forgot to add the "Other" option... could a mod please do that for me? Thanks!

Blink
11-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Batum

mightybosstone
11-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Batum didn't even have the best stat line on his own freaking team. He scored only 11 points on 11 shots, which is hardly worthy of stat line of the night. Lillard put up 25/7/7 on only 16 shots and he had fewer turnovers than Batum. Hell, even Aldridge had a better stat line of 24/7/4/2/1 on 17 shots. Both guys would have been better options than Batum's meager triple double. I think people need to get over triple doubles and actually pay attention to the numbers and the impact of the players.

But the clear answer should be Davis. His stat line is pretty ridiculous and he scored those 25 on only 13 shots, in addition to his other ridiculous production.

However, I was a little disappointed that Chandler Parsons didn't get added to this list. Aside from Davis, his game as every bit as good as the other guys on this list. He posted 24 points on only 14 shots, with 12 rebounds, 6 assists and a block on the road against Utah. If Thompson and MCW are on the list from last night, than Parsons most definitely should have been.

Also, JJH, you've got a few typos in your stat lines. Davis had 25 points, not 24, and MCW had 10 assists, not 12.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:02 PM
Davis no brainer. 6 blocks+6 steals probably hasn't been done too many times in NBA history and you combine that with an efficient 24 points.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:07 PM
"Anthony Davis is youngest in NBA history with at least 25 points, 5 blocks and 5 steals in a game - 2 years younger than when Hakeem did it"

ESPN Stats & Info twitter.

Swashcuff
11-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I have a question. How do you guys feel about the way Batum went about getting his triple double.

He himself feels really bad about it and says its probably the worst thing he has ever done in his life, the fans certainly loved it since it was a three pointer from near half court to cap their impressive win. I understand why Batum would feel bad about it but fact of the matter is that his teammates were actually trying to help him get it as soon as Lillard (who is in just his 2nd year) got the ball he handed it off to Batum who you can tell was in two minds.

The Spurs players understandably weren't to happy with what he did and that's understandable. While I understand people's gripes and why Nic would be unhappy at himself I don't think its anywhere near as bad and Ricky Davis or Flip Murray's attempts back in the day.

Clippersfan86
11-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Not a big deal at all. Even Pop said who cares, Nick meant well. Nobody throws up a halfcourt shot thinking it's actually going in really. Batum may have hoped it did to get he triple double... but it's really being blown out of proportion. The game was already won handily and if an opponent wants to throw up halfcourt shots.. I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. In fact I think the idea that you need to dribble out and waste possessions if you're up and have the balll...is overdone. I'm not going to dribble until I get a turnover and shotclock violation to spare the opponents feelings. I'm going to shoot that *****.

*Superman*
11-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Davis no question.

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Batum didn't even have the best stat line on his own freaking team. He scored only 11 points on 11 shots, which is hardly worthy of stat line of the night. Lillard put up 25/7/7 on only 16 shots and he had fewer turnovers than Batum. Hell, even Aldridge had a better stat line of 24/7/4/2/1 on 17 shots. Both guys would have been better options than Batum's meager triple double. I think people need to get over triple doubles and actually pay attention to the numbers and the impact of the players.

But the clear answer should be Davis. His stat line is pretty ridiculous and he scored those 25 on only 13 shots, in addition to his other ridiculous production.

However, I was a little disappointed that Chandler Parsons didn't get added to this list. Aside from Davis, his game as every bit as good as the other guys on this list. He posted 24 points on only 14 shots, with 12 rebounds, 6 assists and a block on the road against Utah. If Thompson and MCW are on the list from last night, than Parsons most definitely should have been.

Also, JJH, you've got a few typos in your stat lines. Davis had 25 points, not 24, and MCW had 10 assists, not 12.

Thanks...

And you are right about Chandler... and Batum... I knew if I didn't include Batum I'd hear... lol People love a triple-double!

JasonJohnHorn
11-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I have a question. How do you guys feel about the way Batum went about getting his triple double.

I understand the sentiment and why some people would be upset, but when you are out on the court, it is not always just about competing with the other team, but competing with yourself, and competing with other guys around the league and sending a message about what you can do.

I'm not sure that Batum is going to be setting any career records, but at the end of the day I'm sure he wants to be in elite company when he retires. Every player likely does. How many steals? How many blocks? A guy like Batum has a great all around game... no shame in setting goals for yourself and trying to put out your best performance each night.

And if I were on the other team, and we'd lost already and a guy was trying for a triple-double, I'd respect that. It is a nice accomplishment, and if he's put himself in a position to earn it, by all means, go for it.

Goose17
11-03-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't see the Batum thing as an issue, they had already won and the odds of it going in were slim. Duncan is just a grumpy old man.

hernpaqa
11-03-2013, 11:56 PM
I think people need to get over triple doubles and actually pay attention to the numbers and the impact of the players.http://esmallgame.com/11a.jpg